What would it take to make Manhunter no. 1 in DC powerwise?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Howard_Jones
In all sincerity, J'onn is probably one of the better characters in the Justice League, if not the best when it comes to writing. Not only that, but he's damn powerful too. What would it take for DC to finally push him over Superman in power, aside from their own egos?

Martian_mind
He debatedly is already above supes.

StarsNeverFall7
Id have to say a speed and durability upgrade...I personally feel he should already surpass Superman, but DC doesn't. It wouldnt take much of an upgrade though...

Martian_mind
He has always been getting toned down just because when he was made they were having fun giving him a hella lot of powers but at the end of the day they thought "wait he is stronger than superman!!!" so the higherups have made him job for 50 years.Its a sad story.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
In all sincerity, J'onn is probably one of the better characters in the Justice League, if not the best when it comes to writing.

Seems kinda subjective, don't you think? If it were widely accepted, he'd probably be above Supes already.

Scoobless
Me using him in a tourney.

cool

Newjak
Originally posted by Scoobless
Me using him in a tourney.

cool Well your humble

MM may have alot of powers but he isn't as strong or durable as Supes. Anyways for him to be tops in DC they would have to kill off everyother JLA member. Some more JSA memebers then kill off a bunch of other people embarrasment

Scoobless
Originally posted by Newjak
Well your humble

MM may have alot of powers but he isn't as strong or durable as Supes. Anyways for him to be tops in DC they would have to kill off everyother JLA member. Some more JSA memebers then kill off a bunch of other people embarrasment

Or just turn him back into Fernus... or did they decide that Fernus was actually a separate being from MM?

shrug

Newjak
Or just turn him back into Fernus... or did they decide that Fernus was actually a separate being from MM?

shrug I don't know

but I was repling both to his popularity and power and for MM's popularity to get better alot of other people have to go down.

Super Guy
In all sincerity, J'onn is probably one of the better characters in the Justice League, if not the best when it comes to writing. Not only that, but he's damn powerful too. What would it take for DC to finally push him over Superman in power, aside from their own egos? You do know Manhunter and MARTIAN Manhunter are different characters... right...? confused

Accel
To take the top spot in DC powerwise, MM would need more than just being above Superman.

roughrider
Lose the weakness to fire, and drop Martian from his title.

Super Guy
LOL, yep... and maybe for the fate of Mars to happen to the majority of the Universe... I mean, MM isn't exactly on the Presence's level!

Scoobless
Originally posted by Super Guy
You do know Manhunter and MARTIAN Manhunter are different characters... right...? confused

Meh ... he said J'onn

WrathfulDwarf
He already have enough powers. Plus he's a shift shaper. Adding more powers would be taking J'onn out of character. He is fine as he is right now.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by roughrider
Lose the weakness to fire. The weakness to fire has already been diminished iirc.

King_Mungi
What would it take for DC to finally push him over Superman in power, aside from their own egos?

90's version mullet

willRules
uumm.........getting rid of all the people more powerful than him? confused

Mindship
New Costume! No more "Village People" look!

In fact, something entirely different from The Standard (cape, boots, speedos...at least he has no gloves) would really make a difference in how he's perceived, IMO.

He's like the Namor of DC: underrated / underappreciated in a major way.

King_Mungi
He just got a new look with his recent mini

Validus
Originally posted by Accel
To take the top spot in DC powerwise, MM would need more than just being above Superman.
Yeah. It's not as if Superman is actually the most powerful person in the DCU right now.

Mindship
Originally posted by King_Mungi
He just got a new look with his recent mini
Cool. Anyone got scans?

Wally West
J'onn needs to wear a giant S on his chest and date Lois Lane, then he'll be #1

Scoobless
Originally posted by Wally West

Nah ... he just needs pirate boots.

bigbran
J'onn needs to wear a giant S on his chest and date Lois Lane, then he'll be #1 Damnit!
That was my answer!

Give him some ass-less chaps, chains, and a biker hat...

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Mindship
Cool. Anyone got scans?

http://www.dccomics.com/media/desktop_patterns/Martian_Manhunter_1_1024x768.jpg

His head design is back to Martian looking rather than human, but that pic doesn't show it well

Scoobless

His head design is back to Martian looking rather than human, but that pic doesn't show it well

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/3402/martianmanhunter001010xn3.th.jpg

King_Mungi
SHOW OFF!

Howard_Jones

That's definately the way it seems.

Mindship

Much better. Thanks.

ankur29
i thought john says he is superman's equal and hints thet he will beat supes and rest of jla in his mini , and doesnt supes say john is more powerful than him?

King_Mungi
He did just clash with part of the JLA in the most recent issue, but he had help from another Martian. Also they didn't show the actual fight, but was revealed the martians won.

TricksterPriest
Scoob's half right, Fernus would put J'onn over most of the JLA, but you'd have to write him to his full potential to put over most of the DCU. I don't think you can do anything to put him over guys like Imperiex and Doomsday.

manjaro
Fernus did own all of them single handedly and slaughtered the 70 white martians imprisoned in the P-zone..but as for J'onn his molecular control is whats wins him over cuz he's just about as strong as syoerman straight up, and then he can pulll a vision and acrually desnify his molecles some more to increase his strength and resilience..its just that he has so many powers that different writers just misinterpret the origianl intent, or just striaght up forget all together. so i dont think he needs any upgrades he just need to be written in a more creative way in terms of his powers.

Swanky-Tuna
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/3402/martianmanhunter001010xn3.th.jpg
Does MM still fight crime or is he all about reinacting the Civil War now?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Does MM still fight crime or is he all about reinacting the Civil War now?

He's just hanging out with his Martian mates.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.