EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Laminator_X vs hulk10 (Vote now!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94

Evangel94
I also know that Laminator_X's write-up (about 3 pages long) is longer than the cap I just made, but he submitted it to me before I made that rule. And to give hulk10 the benefit as well, I'll make any match after this one must have write-ups that are at most 2 pages long. So hulk10 can submit a really long write-up as well.

Dreampanther
Just ... wow.

StarsNeverFall7
Thats exactly what I was thinking....someone put alot of thought into this and used to terrain to their advantage. Lets see what Hulk10 comes back with...

Scoobless
I like it ... I'd like it more if Temugin was actually allowed his matter manipulator ring in the tourney (that, along with his disintegrator were banned ... i'm pretty sure about that) ... and even moreso if the whole thing wasn't an offensive move being made before the match actually starts.

no expression

hulk10
Here's my write up.

They start prep by getting to know each other.
Medusa and Black Bolt are already husband and wife so they know each other.Sasqautch and Colossus are loking at each other and testing each others strength.Tigra and Elektra are girls so they become aqquanted.And cap will decied that he will be freinds with them.Then they all get to know each other(a reason that I choose this team is becuase they are all good guys).Then they come up with a stradigy to cap,at any time, to at least try to block any long range attack and try to out munver,using the low gravity, to dodge any attacks.Other then that they don't do anything else.
Black Bolt Elecktron blasts the Super skrull.Then Madam Medusa slashes her hair at Deadshot and Colossus picks Deadshot up and throws him at a rock formation and sense he is a street he would probably knock him out.Sasqautch then jumps on Baron Mordo and pounds on him then cap throws his sheid at Mordo.Then black bolt keeps on pounding Super Skrull.Elektra then throws her daggers at Ra's al Ghul knoking him out.Then Colossus starts pounding on Fixer knocking him out.Then Sasqautch gets of Mordo and pounds( and knocks out)Ecstasy.Then BB decieds that Super Skrull is strong and whispers knocking him out and because of the whiper a lot of rocks fly at Mordo still not knock him out.Then cap throws his shield at Temugin while Sasqautch and colossus pick up a 100 ton chunk of rock together then they hurl it at Temugin.Now all of my characters start punding at him and then after about 1 hour Black Bolt screams and knocks him out. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

StarsNeverFall7
They are girls so they become aquainted...haha. Sorry I read that and got a nails and pedacure image in my head...

hulk10
Sorry when I said "at him" at the end I meant at mordo.

hulk10
If we are in lower gravity then Deadshots bullet would start to fly off the main course or go slower.

hulk10
Yes but as your giant deadly wave comes at me BB waves his hand and creates his indestructible shield and that protects them also BB can protect himslef without cap because of his shield.

Evangel94
Hey I can't read through every participants write-up to see if they are right or not. It's up to the readers to decide if the said write-up is actually possible.

That's being said I will answer all related inquiries and disputes regarding this match.

DigiMark007
eek

...I dunno if it's legal, but that's one helluva great strategy up there. Kudos Lam.

thumb up

P.S. This is NOT a vote.

Roldz
Anyone on the level of Enhance meta should'nt be allowed to use any form of matter manipulation.. And im finding it hard to beleived that all this prep would take place in 2hrs or less. This Temugen char. seemed like a herald level to me and it would be usefull if you could show scans of what Temugen w/matter manipulation ring was capable of, you need some sort of enhance perception to manipulate matter on that level..
Thats some write up dough, I like it..

Vote for Laminator X for now tell, Hulks 10 team lacks strategy, sorry but just my 2 cents..

Scoobless
"You know," says the Fixer, "The Lunar surface is composed mostly of Anorthite, Armalcolite and Ilmenite feldspars. Which in layman's terms," he smirks, "means the rock we're standing on is chock full of Magnesium and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium#Precautions]Titanium{/url]." He looks at Temugin, "According to my files, isn't one of those rings a matter re-arranger?"

This isn't Earth's moon .. it's "a" moon ... no way to say what it's made of for sure.

TricksterPriest
Come on, credit where credit is due. This strategy is ingenius. I'll hold my vote for now, but I'm leaning towards laminator. Hulk's write up is somewhat illogical. I don't see Baron Mordo or Ra's going down that easily. I think you've greatly underestimated Laminator's team.

Scoobless
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Come on, credit where credit is due. This strategy is ingenius. I'll hold my vote for now, but I'm leaning towards laminator. Hulk's write up is somewhat illogical. I don't see Baron Mordo or Ra's going down that easily. I think you've greatly underestimated Laminator's team.

I agree... Lam is definitely in the lead.

You need a lot more than ... "my guy knocks your guy out, my other guy knocks your other guy out" ... to get through tourney rounds.

King KAM
Originally posted by Scoobless
I like it ... I'd like it more if Temugin was actually allowed his matter manipulator ring in the tourney (that, along with his disintegrator were banned ... i'm pretty sure about that) ... and even moreso if the whole thing wasn't an offensive move being made before the match actually starts.

no expression ooooooh????nasty ownage....

King KAM
I agree... Lam is definitely in the lead.

You need a lot more than ... "my guy knocks your guy out, my other guy knocks your other guy out" ... to get through tourney rounds. Lam isnt in the lead....in my book, Because like you said, his plan is too drawn out for just two hours, this isnt an earth moon, you said the rings are banned, and if this is all true....he will have to re-write that hole ingenius strategy....but the strategy was good...just doesnt seem legal

TricksterPriest
The rules were no using it on people, never said the enviroment was out. Laminator isn't taking Black Bolt's sonic voice into account, but if BB uses that, kiss his team goodbye. No, I think his plan is good. Only BB's voice has a shot of stopping that, and to use that would put his team at risk. And yes, his plan is doable in 2 hours. But only because his team doesn't have alot of friction and most of those guys are used to elaborate schemes.

King Kandy
Wow. Laminators strategy is so thorough, so thought out, that this match is over for me.

Laminator wins.

King KAM
I dont think Super skrull and mordo would get along....especially not with ra's ghul leading...come on...Im, not trying to hate...but come on... skrull dont get along with nobody who aint skrull...and mordo aint gonna put up with that shit

Scoobless
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The rules were no using it on people, never said the enviroment was out.

Matter manip powers for E-Meta characters were banned ... it's fine for the Heralds but Temugin wasn't allowed his matter manip or disintegrator rings for the matches.

Laminator_X
Ok, home from work. Since I promised Hulk10 I wouldn't out post him, I'm just going to deal with procedural things for right now.

First off: (emphasis mine)

Originally posted by Evangel94
ANNOUNCEMENT

Laminator X vs Hulk10 match will take place...

...On the moon inside an indestructible circular Dome with breathable air. The terrain will be rocky and have lots of large impact craters and small rocky hills.

The gravity in this battle will be 1/4 earth's gravity.
What gives? Pre-announcing the battlefield and then changing it after I submitted my write-up is not cool. I'm giving Evangel 94 the benefit of the doubt that no mischief was intended and the "change" was just an attempt to dish Scoobless for being snarky about the 1/4 vs 1/6 thing.

If we are in fact on some other moon, what's it made of? Unless we're on a big hunk of meteoric iron or similar, a variation on the plan would work.

Scoobless
laughing out loud

Evangel94
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Ok, home from work. Since I promised Hulk10 I wouldn't out post him, I'm just going to deal with procedural things for right now.

First off: (emphasis mine)

What gives? Pre-announcing the battlefield and then changing it after I submitted my write-up is not cool. I'm giving Evangel 94 the benefit of the doubt that no mischief was intended and the "change" was just an attempt to dish Scoobless for being snarky about the 1/4 vs 1/6 thing.

If we are in fact on some other moon, what's it made of? Unless we're on a big hunk of meteoric iron or similar, a variation on the plan would work.

Sorry about the mix-up.

This moon has all the deposits of minerals, rocks, gasses, etc as the regular moon on earth. There's no discernable difference between this moon and earth's moon. Let's not all get caught up in the small detail and continue the match. Moon is moon.

Laminator_X
Matter manip powers for E-Meta characters were banned ... it's fine for the Heralds but Temugin wasn't allowed his matter manip or disintegrator rings for the matches.

Actually, I've just gone back and read through the Rules & Signup thread, the Enhanced Draft, the Confirmation thread, and the Matchup & Discussion thread in their entireties, and there was no such ban on that power category that I could find.

You did raise an objection on Rule 3 and Rule 4 grounds, and Evangel rightly agreed. I didn't argue, as I had been stating from the moment I drafted Temugin that I couldn't use the rings to violate Rules 2,3,4, and 11 (Mind Shutdown, Offensive Matter Manipulation, Death Rays, and Mind Control, respectively).

However, allow me to point out to everyone what Evangel94 wrote when I did ask her if Rule 4 against "Offensive Organic Matter Manipulation (i.e. Sersi turning someone into a pig)" would also preclude her from doing that to an inorganic charactor like the Vision: (again emphasis mine)

Originally posted by Evangel94
I'm going to also have to rule no here. Turning your foe into a pig regardless if they are organic or inorganic would be an unfair advantage towards everyone else. Sersi can use the rest of her powers except directly manipulating and affecting your opponent's characters' bodies, or any armor or protective clothing they wear.

There you go. Just like the telepathic characters can still use their telepathy as long as it's not for Mind Control or Shutdown, so too can I use the Manipulator on things besides enemy characters and their protective garb. Sue still had her forcefield even though she couldn't pop someones sinus cavity open with it. This is no different.

Up until we all started just posting one link by each character in a list, I repeatedly posted links which described the rings functions. Here they are again in excellent detail at Marvel Database I actually won't be using some of those abilities since Temugin isn't as experienced with them as his father was, and lacks his Old-Man's sophisticated science background (note the assists from the Fixer in my plan).

Again, they're awesome, but I cant use them to break the rules.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by King KAM
I dont think Super skrull and mordo would get along....especially not with ra's ghul leading...come on...Im, not trying to hate...but come on... skrull dont get along with nobody who aint skrull...and mordo aint gonna put up with that shit

They don't particularly, but Ra's al Ghul is a skillful enough manipulator that he can run interference between their big egos. Note that the battle plan had Kl'rt and Mordo work closely together only once, near the end.

As far as Mordo's concerned, he and Ra's together are in charge of everyone else, Ra's just does more of the talking because he doesn't have important work to do like Karl does. He makes sure Mordo knows how impressed he is with his power. Ra's handles the details and the more uncouth teammates while he focuses on his sorcery.

With Super-Skrull, Ra's sees his proud warrior spirit and addresses him with respect. He makes sure Kl'rt know he sees him as a valued ally and not as a subordinate. He acts as his go between with the others who don't show proper appreciation for us might and glory.

Thus Ra's does the real decision making while the others think they're getting their disparate ways. That's how a master manipulator works.

Laminator_X
One last post before I go to bed. Again, I'm not going to address Hulk10's barrier move until the morning so as not to unfairly have my retort sitting here all night without him being able to respond. I'll post some of the fun links that got stripped out of my write-up by the PM/Quote conversion then too.

I will however address the other two concerns brought up by the observers and voters before I turn in though.

Firstly, the timeframe. It may seem like too much stuff for two hours, but that's only because I can only describe one thing at a time. The characters are doing the various side-jobs simultaneously. What would ordinarily be the most time consuming part, namely a digging a several mile deep hole in which to bury ourselves, is done instantly by Mordo, as described here. I imagined that between Mordo's spells, Temugin's Matter ring, and Fixer's thought controlled insta-tools and oversight the bunker construction took maybe 20 minutes. It doesn't have to be some huge HQ, just a couple rooms (and probalbly a latrine) deep under ground, and sturdy.

Which brings up the question: "Why aren't I worried about Black Bolt's voice?" Mainly because it won't help him. If he opens up with enough force to counter the shockwave, he'll destroy his own team as well. Especially seeing as that would include his wife, he's not going to do that. Moreover, even if he were to get some distance from his friends to try to safely blast us, enough volume to smash us through several miles and thousands of tons of stone would again require him to completely lay waste to the surface and slay his teammates.

Black Bolt still has more pressing problems than that, but they can wait until morning.

Tony Stark
Laminator X gets my vote the battle plan is truly great and I believe that that Lam has the slightly more well rounded characters as well.

Laminator X wins

StarsNeverFall7
My vote goes to Laminator X, his strategy was just wow...

TricksterPriest
Exactly as I said about the voice. He can't use it without killing off his team. Laminator's got my vote. A brilliant dissertation on Ra's Al Ghul's skills in diplomacy.

hulk10
Laminator you are partly right.But did you forget that we are in a 100x100 mile dome.They get 50 ft. away from him and then thats enough room.

Laminator_X
Alright. Morning has come, time to finish up my arguments. I need to go to work, so I can't really wait for Hulk10 any longer.

First, some links that got stripped out of my write-up in the pm-quote process:
Moon Rock composition
Anorthite, Armalcolite and Ilmenite chemical makeup.
Fuel-Air Explosion and Shaped Charge info. The famous "BLU-82" Daisy Cutter" dispurses 6 tons of powdered aluminum for its air burst. Burning Magnesium and Titanium will be far worse.

To Hulk10's assetion that Blak Bolt will save his team with a big forcefield, read his link again While his personal forcefield is quite powerful, "He can create particle / electron interaction fields solid enough to be traveled upon, though this phenomenon is a particularly difficult and exhausting one." If it taxes him so much to meerly create platforms or walkways strong enough to support others, there's no way he can protect his whole team from the blast.

As for saving himself, he would only have a split-second after the barrier disappears between the blinding flash from the cloud of burning magnesium and the impact of the shockwave. Maybe he could get his field up, or maybe not tough to say. Even if he does raise his barier in time, he'll be blinded, deafenned, have the air sucked out of his lungs, and be stuck in the middle of a cloud of flame and superheated poisonus fumes. He cant survive that.

That's all from me folks. I hope you enjoyed it. I'm glad we clarified some of the rules here in round 1, that'll help raise the signal to noise ratio as the tourney progresses. I hope everyone enjoyed the write-up (fanfic? not quite) I wanted everyone to get a feel for just how the team would work together in character since that's a such a factor in this touney. Thanks especially for all the praise, it was fun to come up with this of this one and I don't know what I'll do to top it. (Hmm, King Kandy's post might make a cool sig...)

To Hulk10, thanks for the match. If we had tried to brawl like you had in mind, you would've had the edge. The raw enthusiasm in your write-up reminds me of how we all got into comics.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by hulk10
Laminator you are partly right.But did you forget that we are in a 100x100 mile dome.They get 50 ft. away from him and then thats enough room.

Woah hi. You posted while I was typing laughing I'll answer this real quick and then I've really got to run. If he only uses enough power such that someone 50' away will be safe, that won't be enough to stop the oncoming destruction.

StarsNeverFall7
The first few matches seemed to get a lot more of a response it seems. Im kinda wondering if the holidays arn't rendering peoples visitation of KMC so that we arnt getting as many people viewing and voting as were at the beginning....

BTW, Hell of a strategy there Laminator. Will be damn hard to overcome anything like that later in the tournament.

hulk10
Yes rocks will fly but mostly at your team and mabye at mine but I based my squad on pure strength and speed.And as for BB's sheild in a Hulk ish
it took a savage Hulk to break it. Thaons is afraid of Hulk and a savage Hulk is stronger then Thaons.That means that even Thaons can't break the shield much less a giant blinding storm.

hulk10
Yes but like the others say fall7 that prep has to be more then 2 hours all I did is get to know each other and come up with a quick stradigy.

King KAM
Yes rocks will fly but mostly at your team and mabye at mine but I based my squad on pure strength and speed.And as for BB's sheild in a Hulk ish
it took a savage Hulk to break it. Thaons is afraid of Hulk and a savage Hulk is stronger then Thaons.That means that even Thaons can't break the shield much less a giant blinding storm. dude.... i was hoping you would actually piece together a decent come back.....

but no...just no... Thanos has already beat around hulk on numerous occasions....dont beleive the hype...i know...e said some dumb things in inifity quest....but dont pay attention to it. Thanos is FARRRRRR physically superior to hulk.

King Kandy

it took a savage Hulk to break it. Thaons is afraid of Hulk and a savage Hulk is stronger then Thaons.That means that even Thaons can't break the shield much less a giant blinding storm.
Thanos isn't afraid of Hulk.

He wishes to "Avoid Confrontation" with Hulk.

King KAM
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thanos isn't afraid of Hulk.

He wishes to "Avoid Confrontation" with Hulk. he wished to do that like 20 years ago!!! GEEEEESH PEOPLE! Thanos has since stood toe-to-toe with Odin...

King Kandy
he wished to do that like 20 years ago!!! GEEEEESH PEOPLE! Thanos has since stood toe-to-toe with Odin...
Eternity can beat Dormammu, but you can bet that he doesn't want to confront him... It just wouldn't be a pleasent experience.

King KAM
Eternity can beat Dormammu, but you can bet that he doesn't want to confront him... It just wouldn't be a pleasent experience. considering the last time hulk and Thanos fought, Thanos was literally fighting 4 people at the same time, and not seeming in the least bit harmed....im gonna say that current Thanos dont give a F*** about fighting the hulk or not.

King Kandy
considering the last time hulk and Thanos fought, Thanos was literally fighting 4 people at the same time, and not seeming in the least bit harmed....im gonna say that current Thanos dont give a F*** about fighting the hulk or not.
I could beat up four cats, but it's not something I'd enjoy doing...

Scoobless
I could beat up four cats, but it's not something I'd enjoy doing...

I love beating up cats.

big grin

Blair Wind
Voting Laminator X

Evangel94
The results are in! I'm only counting the people who definitively said who they're vote goes to.

roldz - Laminator x
King Kandy - Laminator x
tony stark - Laminator x
starsneverfall7 - Laminator x
TricksterPriest - Lamniator x
Blair Wind - Laminator X

Laminator X wins in a 6 to 0 victory.

Winner: Laminator X

Match over

hulk10
Why did no vote for me or vote at all.

Evangel94
Why did no vote for me or vote at all.

I think mostly the problem with your match is that you didn't make your write-up longer, more detailed, and have more strategy involved.

But there's still a a chance for you to make a comeback in the loser's round where we decide who will take the last odd spot in the second round of the tournament.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.