Yoda vs. Kyp Durron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kenobl
Who can win in a battle of heavyweights between our "little green friend" and Luke's greatest apprentice?

Setting: The Jedi Temple

Darth Sexy
Interesting fight. We know that Kyp Durron had the raw potential that was incredible enough to knock Luke across the room. However, we do not know if/when he reaches or has reached his peak. At this point Yoda is superior to him in force mastery(although Kyp is very impressive at a young age). A good fight would be Jacen Solo vs. Kyp Durron.

Sexyback
Kyp Durron takes it. If it came down to a lightsaber battle, Yoda would win, but it wouldn't come down to that. Kyp had the raw power to manipulate a black hole, he's far above Yoda, he just pwns him with the force.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Sexyback
Kyp Durron takes it. If it came down to a lightsaber battle, Yoda would win, but it wouldn't come down to that. Kyp had the raw power to manipulate a black hole, he's far above Yoda, he just pwns him with the force.
Yoda is canonically the most powerful Jedi after Luke.

I don't think that Kyp can pawn Yoda.

Darth Sexy
Yoda is canonically the most powerful Jedi before Luke came along. I would say Jacen, Kyle, and Kyp are #2, #3, and #4 after Luke. That's why most people have problems with the overpowered NJO characters. But yes, Kyp has more raw ability, but we don't know when he has hit his peak. Until then, it goes to Yoda.

darthsith19
I'm thinking that Kyp could take Yoda but it wouldn't be easy. Wait, which Kyp is this? I don't know how strong Kyp is in LOTF.

btw, here's a related thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=398792

Sexyback
Why Jacen, Darth Sexy? What has he actually displayed that suggests he has force power above Yoda's level? He has knowledge, sure, but it can't be applied in a versus fight, can it? Until he does something on the level of manipulating black holes or something like that, I'm not accepting that he's some kind of force god.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Yoda is canonically the most powerful Jedi before Luke came along. I would say Jacen, Kyle, and Kyp are #2, #3, and #4 after Luke. That's why most people have problems with the overpowered NJO characters. But yes, Kyp has more raw ability, but we don't know when he has hit his peak. Until then, it goes to Yoda.
It is very difficult to say that who is #2, #3 and #4 and so on.

Their are some other very powerful Jedi as well.

Yoda has vast experience and speed and agility, which compensates for his physical weaknesses.

Sexyback
Luke, Revan, Kyp and maybe the Exile and Ulic would be above Yoda.

S_W_LeGenD
Luke, Revan, Kyp and maybe the Exile and Ulic would be above Yoda.
Yoda is easily on par with these Jedi.

He is considered to be a Master of Light.

Darth Sexy
Why Jacen, Darth Sexy? What has he actually displayed that suggests he has force power above Yoda's level? He has knowledge, sure, but it can't be applied in a versus fight, can it? Until he does something on the level of manipulating black holes or something like that, I'm not accepting that he's some kind of force god.

I don't know what Jacen's potential is, but he has obviously gone above and beyond it by spending 5 years learning every arcane force technique there is. That is what has made him powerful, and more than likely the second most powerful Jedi in history, other than Luke. Manipulating black holes means shit. It's irrelevant in a fight, but thanks for your incessant nonsense.

Sexyback
No it's not, you dumbass, it speaks for extreme telekinesis and great raw power, which can be used in a fight. Techniques like flow walking however speak only for knowledge, not for power, and can't be used in an actual fight, and are therefor irrelevant. It's a real shame you're this dumb Sexy, I hate having to own you every time we meet.

Darth Sexy
Own me? Everytime you type you embarass yourself. Or rather, everytime you have typed, either I or somebody else has embarassed you. But you do provide laughs to the forum with your constant stupidity and denial.

Sexyback
You can say all you want Sexy, but the fact is, you just came out with some whack shit, and then finished it off with a cheeky insult, so the fact that I proved you wrong only makes you look much much worse.

Darth Sexy
Translation: I know jack shit about star wars, about debating, and about common sense, but since I'm an insecure little shit, I'm going to believe I'm right and others are wrong, so I don't end up mentally unstable. Good one jackass.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
A good fight would be Jacen Solo vs. Kyp Durron.

Too bad for this idea it was stated in a recent book that Jacen has become more powerful than Kyp.

Darth Sexy
which book? Where?

kamhal
What a laugh. Yoda wins this without that much effort... Kyp Durro is no match for the "whirlwind of destruction"

Darth_Glentract
One of the LOTF books. I think it was the second one.

Darth Sexy
I am reading the second one now, its not there.

Null ARC Avis
I think Kyp. what he does with the force is much greater compared to what we have SEEN yoda do. Also, on a random note, how do you say kyp: Keep or Kipe?

General Kenobl
Jacen has surpassed all others but Luke. There is a source that says that.

The Exile {and Nihilus} are both wounds in the Force. She shouldn't really be counted. That's why certain people who rank Jedi and Sith put Nihilus and Exile as "0" because there are powers are rare and are ridiculous and many other reasons.

But the individuals {Jedi} who are greater than Yoda are:

- Luke
- Jacen
- Kyle?? (maybe...I'm not sure)

Kyp remains to be seen, hence I made this thread.

And Revan is not better than Yoda. Yoda was the strongest Jedi till then NJO. Although this really doesn't make sense, it's true.

Anyway, is Revan > Kyp??
Let us assume if Revan > Kyp
Yoda > Revan
Thus by Substitution {or transitive i guess} Yoda > Kyp

I don't know. Discuss

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by General Kenobl
But the individuals {Jedi} who are greater than Yoda are:

- Luke
- Jacen
- Kyle?? (maybe...I'm not sure)

Kyp remains to be seen, hence I made this thread.
I don't understand that how these Jedi are better then Yoda in a one-on-one battle?

Yoda already had demonstrated impressive fighting capabilities in ROTS against Sidious and against Dooku in AOTC.

Originally posted by General Kenobl
And Revan is not better than Yoda. Yoda was the strongest Jedi till then NJO. Although this really doesn't make sense, it's true.

Anyway, is Revan > Kyp??
Let us assume if Revan > Kyp
Yoda > Revan
Thus by Substitution {or transitive i guess} Yoda > Kyp

I don't know. Discuss
I believe that Revan is on par with Yoda. He has defeated many powerful individuals and he has proved his impressive fighting abilities on Star Forge.

Revan should not be under-estimated.

Sexyback
In respect to the force, how could anyone possibly put Yoda on Kyp's level. 'Cause he looks cool?
Seriously, Kyp could manipulate black holes.
Yoda struggled with that crane that was falling on Anakin and Obi-Wan in AotC....
Now if Yoda somehow managed to force a lightsaber duel, he would win, but that won't happen, Kyp would just crush him with the force.

General Kenobl
Luke Skywalker is the most powerful Jedi of all time. The greatest wielder of the Force, and the strongest swordsmen (his speed with his lightsaber was so fast that it appeared as if 20 blades were there). He is better than Yoda.

Jacen Solo was the second strongest in the NJO, close to Luke himself.

Kyp Durron was the most powerful of Luke's original apprentices, nearly rivaling Luke himself. However, we're deciding if Yoda is greater.

Kyle Katarn is the NJO's Battlemaster. His swordsmenship is as good as Luke Skywalker's. With very little Jedi training, he was able to kill Jerec and Dark minions in combat. He was also able to kill the fallen knight Desaan even though he was out of connection with the Force for years and Desaan was one of the Academy's most promising Jedi. He might be better than Yoda.

Yes, but we need to hold that quote credible to an extent. However, Yoda and Revan are probably definately on par, with one of them being only a bit greater.

Sexyback
Revan is leagues above Yoda, he single handedly defeated an entire army of Rakatan warriors and Rancor beasts with just force lightning, Yoda has done, what?

Darth Sexy
Revan is leagues above Yoda, he single handedly defeated an entire army of Rakatan warriors and Rancor beasts with just force lightning, Yoda has done, what?

Leagues above Yoda? As much as I love Revan, Yoda was the most powerful Jedi up until Luke, so that would more than likely make Revan #2. Either way you're humoring us again by arguing against facts.

Sexyback
What fact? Yoda is never factually stated to be the most powerful jedi up until Luke, how about you prove that these 'facts' exist. Yoda's simply overrated here, his raw power's pretty pathetic.

Darth Sexy
What fact? Yoda is never factually stated to be the most powerful jedi up until Luke, how about you prove that these 'facts' exist. Yoda's simply overrated here, his raw power's pretty pathetic.

And this is why you're a joke on this forum and I don't have to provide any proof whatsoever to destroy your arguments, knowing full well you argue against facts.

kamhal
Ok, about revan and yoda, i put them very very close with slightly advantage to yoda.

By the way, interesting thought: did the actual jedi actually knew about revan's power and all the ancient jedi masters? I mean, by the old and ancient times there weren't midichlorian count devices to measure the jedi's force potential, so this could mean that yoda is the strongest since they started to measure the midichlorians in their blood. If you see, obi-wan says that "not even master yoda as such high number of midichlorians" when he saw anakin's blood analyse, something like this, because i don't believe they could know precisely the power of every single jedi during 25 000 years of history to say that yoda best them all, so probably yoda bested them all after they started registering midichlorian counts. Interesting thought, isn't it? lol

About the rest of the jedis, i agree that luke>yoda, but i doubt kyle katarn or kyp durron are stonger then him. About jacen, well, let's say he is pretty dam close to yoda, more then that i am not really sure.

gideongarner01
I say kyp barely takes a slight majority. I think kyp is below Darth Caedus level but on par with sidious as of ROTS when he fought mace. Yoda is likely slightly weaker than ROTS sidious.

Geistalt
Kyp takes Force by virtue of being able to move a black hole (which, as discussed years ago, has at least the mass of a moon); Yoda takes sabers and all-out.

Geistalt
Also, Caedus is mediocre compared to Luke and Sidious.

Kyp comes closer to their tier than Caedus Force-wise; Caedus has an edge over Kyp in sabers, but not as much as Yoda or Sidious.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Geistalt
Kyp takes Force by virtue of being able to move a black hole (which, as discussed years ago, has at least the mass of a moon); Yoda takes sabers and all-out.

If Kyp could move the mass of a moon, he could have solo'd entire armies of YV with earthquakes and debris.

That didn't happen.

In Kyp's final battles with the Vong, he got stomped pretty easily.

Kyp can't manipulate a black hole - he manipulated a creature called a Dovin Basal and that creature manipulates black holes.

Kyp's TK is Yoda-tier - but Yoda is faster and more experienced, so Yoda wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.