Dormammu vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
who gets the . . .
giljotiini

bigbran
Originally posted by leonidas
who gets the . . .
giljotiini no expression

celestialdemon
I can see Thanos pulling out a win but not very many of them. I'll say Dormammu 8/10.

darthgoober
Thanos actually studied magic for quite a while(several centuries if I'm not mistaken), but it's never been disclosed how proficient he became. That makes this match kinda hard to call. But as things stand, I'd give Dormmy a significant majority(8-9/10).

King Kandy
Thanos puts up a hell of a fight, and gets a couple wins, but Dormammu takes the majority by a fairly wide margin.

Dormammu 7/10-8/10

Wally West
Dormammu is a jobber of the highest order, I think he exists soley so Dr. Strange can kick his ass. Has he ever actually beaten Strange one on one?

masterbruce
Originally posted by Wally West
Dormammu is a jobber of the highest order, I think he exists soley so Dr. Strange can kick his ass. Has he ever actually beaten Strange one on one?

isn't that the purpose of MOST villains?

guy222
thanos gets wrecked

Terryc250
Dormammu is atleast a skyfather, Thanos gets stomped

Xplosive
Dormammu stomps him.

leonidas
^ nice sig. smile

and i still think this would be a very cool battle.

The Illuminati
THANOS takes this 8/10

Nihilist
in dormammu realm,dormammu takes it 8-9/10
outside his realm he takes it 6/10

Utrigita
Dormammu for the win

golem370
Thanos is skyfather level

The Illuminati
confused

How does Dormammu never beat Strange and he stomps THANOS?

Sorry not happening.

PowerCosmic
Originally posted by The Illuminati
confused

How does Dormammu never beat Strange and he stomps THANOS?

Sorry not happening.

The reason why Dormammu loses to Dr. Strange is his ego gets the best of him. Most of the time, Dr. Strange uses some kind plot device to beat the Dread One himself. For instance, Dr. Strange beats Dormammu in hand to hand combat. No magic was involved.

Dormammu written well could be a cosmic threat. He took the entire Avengers and Defenders with the wave of his hand.

I'm not sure if Thanos is at SkyFather Level, but he is pretty close. Thanos couldn't lay a finger to Odin. Thanos may be somewhere between SkyFather and High Herald.

To me, Dormammu takes this 8/10. His magic and strength could take out Thanos. But Thanos is pretty smart. He always find some way to get the best out of his opponents.

TricksterPriest
Y'all need to stop wanking Thanos. The fight with Odin proved he can hang with a skyfather, but he's definitely not at their level. Odin demolished him. Dormammu will do the same. Dorm 10/10.

PowerCosmic
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Y'all need to stop wanking Thanos. The fight with Odin proved he can hang with a skyfather, but he's definitely not at their level. Odin demolished him. Dormammu will do the same. Dorm 10/10.

i totally agree. And let's not forget, Dormammu=Odin. So what happen in the Odin vs Thanos fight would probably be the same result with Dormammu vs Thanos.

guy222
Thanos isn't beating a Skyfather with his own power

Dread Dormammu FTW

The Illuminati
Originally posted by PowerCosmic
The reason why Dormammu loses to Dr. Strange is his ego gets the best of him. Most of the time, Dr. Strange uses some kind plot device to beat the Dread One himself. For instance, Dr. Strange beats Dormammu in hand to hand combat. No magic was involved.

Dormammu written well could be a cosmic threat. He took the entire Avengers and Defenders with the wave of his hand.

I'm not sure if Thanos is at SkyFather Level, but he is pretty close. Thanos couldn't lay a finger to Odin. Thanos may be somewhere between SkyFather and High Herald.

To me, Dormammu takes this 8/10. His magic and strength could take out Thanos. But Thanos is pretty smart. He always find some way to get the best out of his opponents.

If THANOS is somewhere between SF and HH he must be sitting on the fence of SF with his feet dangling over.

THANOS has beaten THOR, SS, Firelord, Drax, Adam Warlock all at the same time.

I'm still going with THANOS FTW.

TricksterPriest
If THANOS is somewhere between SF and HH he must be sitting on the fence of SF with his feet dangling over.

durno

PowerCosmic

I'm pretty sure Dormammu can do the same thing to those guys with less effort. Dormammu is at least Skyfather.It's possible he is stronger depending if he is worshipped.

ÇãPž™
Dormammu FTW 9-10/10.

King Kandy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Don't forget though, Thanos has got an upgrade since then.

TricksterPriest
Your point? I don't see him being upgraded enough to defeat a skyfather.

guy222
dormammu

KuRuPT Thanosi
Dormammu 7/10

bbrem123
thanos wont stand a change against dormammu without prep time he loses 10/10...in a straight up fight dormammu crushes him

PowerCosmic
Where is Dormammu these days? Marvel should get these guys in a room and duke it out. Dormammu would win this fight no doubt.

ultimatethor
Dormammu definitely. I think he could have been a really good villain if he had better writers.

the Darkone
Dormammu and Odin are consider equals, and Thanos held his own against a angry Odin in Asgard, and remind everybody this Thanos who got his first upgrade. Since then Thanos had another upgrade from Death and was powerful enough to beat a cube being in the Maker(Beyonder).

I still give it to Dormammu, but not by much.

shokosugi
Definitely Dormammu.

occultdestroyer
Without PIS/CIS/BFR,

Dormammu omfgwtfpwns Thanos 10/10

SamZED
Bump
This should be good.

Rao Kal El
Thanos takes it 10/10...

in the butt stick out tongue

carver9
Current Dormammu is depowered. Thanos stomps.

Golgo13
Originally posted by carver9

Thanos wins either way. stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
lol

If Dormammu is anywhere near his "equal to Odin/Zeus" levels, he'll win convincingly. And if he's having one of his good days, he's going to obliterate Thanos.

Golgo13
Thanos ***** slaps Dormammu into a coma.

zopzop
Originally posted by Golgo13
Thanos ***** slaps Dormammu into a coma.
Dorammu is one of those strange characters. He has stupendous highs and pathetic lows.

Assuming he's not jobbed out, he should take this. People forget that Dormammu :
a) KOed Eternity with is kamikaze attack (yeah Dormammu died but he reformed later)
b) stalemated Odin in a "chess game" (they were going at it, but it appeared to Thor that they were merely playing chess, his mind couldn't cope with what was really going on) in Asgard
c) created a Hell Lord, Satannish, that's more or less the equal to Mephisto
d) it took a team of Hell Lords to beat him

Then you have his lows like exhausting himself vs a Neophyte Dr. Strange INSIDE his own realm! sick

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/bendis4.jpg

Rao Kal El

LOL I'm sure OP did not meant "powerless" Dormammu vs Thanos.

That will be like saying powerless Hulk (Banner) vs Namor , who wins? bangin

Now back on topic...

PAK made it pretty much clear that Dormammu or Umar cannot destroy mindless ones because they are formidable foes. Therefore Thanos takes it 10/ 10...

In the butt stick out tongue

Current Dormammu is depowered. Thanos stomps. he clearly had his powers when he took over limbo and got curbstomped by magik in uncanny x-men

carver9
Originally posted by 753
he clearly had his powers when he took over limbo and got curbstomped by magik in uncanny x-men

He didnt have his powers during that arc. I said he was depowered, not powerless. Umar current have Dormammu powers...I think the comic you're referencing states he isn't complete.

during what arc? the current uncanny x-men one?

he pulled magik into limbo, which he had conquered, against her will and tried to destroy her "with all he had". she crushed him.

no such statement was made.

SamZED
Originally posted by zopzop

b) stalemated Odin in a "chess game" (they were going at it, but it appeared to Thor that they were merely playing chess, his mind couldn't cope with what was really going on) in Asgard
Lol this is both freaking awesome and fcuking retarded.

TheHulk
Why is this thread still open? obviously Dormammu wins.

SevenShackles
Dormy beats thanos if he is bringing his A game.

operator616
Originally posted by zopzop
Dorammu is one of those strange characters. He has stupendous highs and pathetic lows.

Assuming he's not jobbed out, he should take this. People forget that Dormammu :
a) KOed Eternity with is kamikaze attack (yeah Dormammu died but he reformed later)
c) created a Hell Lord, Satannish, that's more or less the equal to Mephisto
d) it took a team of Hell Lords to beat him

Then you have his lows like exhausting himself vs a Neophyte Dr. Strange INSIDE his own realm! sick

can you show me where was it stated that dormammu KOed eternity? you are talking about strange tales issue #146 correct? the only time dormammu has a win against eternity (and it was actually multi-eternity) was when he had help and there was some cosmic shift to help him too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.