Port Royal accuracy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp

katelovespirate
ooooooooooo.... me likey historical info. smile

the second film did a better job of showing the cultural and racial diversity of the caribbean.

that website looks cool. smile

Chiki Mina
Dang, that was long and interesting lol.

So its a little of this and that. 17th-18th century-ish.

siriuswriter
*scribbles down notes* Another test? In finals week? Damn.

katelovespirate: yet all of the minorities seemed to be in the ball of bones that went down... ???

As you say in your own "What they were really saying" DMC, "....check out the ethnicities of this crew."

Oooh. Does that earn me brownie points? big grin

ivebeendepped43
oh s***! a test! *reads it over again..then 5 more times*

katelovespirate
i know, LOL, like I said, POLITICAL STATEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile hahaha.

except the dude mending the sail, with the french-speaking brother. he was cool.

willofthewisp

siriuswriter
I love the Jack and Will comparison. I remember listening to Johnny Depp and Gore Verbinski while watching CotBP, and Johnny was saying that since Orlando Bloom was taking care of the "Erroll Flynn" type character, he could do whatever with Jack's character, make him as crazy as he wanted to, something like that. big grin

katelovespirate
oh WOW. Elizabeth and the black pearl. never thought of it that way.

So, does that mean the men at some point are going to realize she's "only a ship"?

wink

willofthewisp
I hope Jack doesn't realize that!

willofthewisp
Well, it says by the end both are seen more realistically, that they aren't just an ideal anymore. I don't know what that means for the Pearl, but I hope that means that Will at least has seen a new side to Liz, that she's tough, capable, resourceful, brave. I wish they included the second movie in the analysis. It must just need updating. Maybe it means for Jack that the Pearl was everything he thought he wanted, but by building it up and building it up, it's still not enough to satisfy him. I guess that's the real meaning of the freedom monolog he gives Liz. It's the freedom and adventure he loves.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.