Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So every one seems to think Thanos beats Top tiers becuz of his strength. I believe it's due to his durability and skill. With Thanos having no "feats" and people have used this very same argument against me when I have tried to defend Diana (she doesn't have the feats), I want to see just who do people think Thanos is stronger than. How far along this Guantlet of strength does Thanos Go in the Strength Only dept?

1. Solomon Grundy
2. Wonder Woman
3. Thor with the Belt
4. Superman Sun Dipped
5. Drax with the PG
6. Psycho Hulk
7. Wonder Woman with the Guantlet of Atlas
8. Champion With the PG
9. Superboy Prime
10.Uni-Powered Gladiator
11.AS Superman

Galan007
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
So every one seems to think Thanos beats Top tiers becuz of his strength. I believe it's due to his durability and skill. With Thanos having no "feats" and people have used this very same argument against me when I have tried to defend Diana (she doesn't have the feats), I want to see just who do people think Thanos is stronger than. How far along this Guantlet of strength does Thanos Go in the Strength Only dept?

1. Solomon Grundy
2. Wonder Woman
3. Thor with the Belt
4. Superman Sun Dipped
5. Drax with the PG
6. Psycho Hulk
8. Champion With the PG
9. Superboy Prime
10.Uni-Powered Gladiator
11.AS Superman #4

nvrbeenwthagirl
Bump

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Galan007
He would get futher, he can easely destroy a solar system.
I'd say 9.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
He would get futher, he can easely destroy a solar system.
I'd say 9.

When has Thanos Destroyed a Solar System with strength alone. Read the Thread before you post.

Thanos_THOTU
When has Thanos Destroyed a Solar System with strength alone. Read the Thread before you post.
Than type clearly ...
And cosmic power should be counted as "strenght" since it can be used to lift things as well. -- When Galactus wanted to move a planet he didn't use his "strenght" yet he's in the CL3000 -class.
He used power cosmic.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Than type clearly ...
And cosmic power should be counted as "strenght" since it can be used to lift things as well. -- When Galactus wanted to move a planet he didn't use his "strenght" yet he's in the CL3000 -class.
He used power cosmic.

I dont' know how clearly strength only can be typed. Sorry.

Kid Kurdy
Than type clearly ...
He used power cosmic.
I'm confused...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
I'm confused...

NO your not, he is.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Than type clearly ...
He used power cosmic.

So I guess we can put GL, Jean Grey and Magnito in this as well since they can use thier power to lift things.

DigiMark007
Who are all these supposed people that think Thanos wins due to strength?? It's pretty accepted that his durability and intelligence are his main attributes, even though his strength is formidable.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Who are all these supposed people that think Thanos wins due to strength?? It's pretty accepted that his durability and intelligence are his main attributes, even though his strength is formidable.

OMG check the threads out. They Think that Thanos is sooooo strong when it's clearly his hide and skill that are the trumping factors. Just check the threads out for the madness.

DigiMark007
OMG check the threads out. They Think that Thanos is sooooo strong when it's clearly his hide and skill that are the trumping factors. Just check the threads out for the madness.

Fair enough, but I wouldn't call it madness. His strength/power is probably still >> pretty much any herald-type. It's just that his durability and intelligence are >>> than even his strength.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Fair enough, but I wouldn't call it madness. His strength/power is probably still >> pretty much any herald-type. It's just that his durability and intelligence are >>> than even his strength.

The Heralds have never shown me that thier strength is all that, except Morg. many beings far surpass the Heralds in strength. Hell The hulk beats the Heralds pants off when it comes to strength. Where are Thanos' strength feats? I seem to remember a good many posters telling me that I can't prove WW is strong based only on her battles yet they use Thanos' battles to somehow prove how strong he is?

darthgoober
The Heralds have never shown me that thier strength is all that, except Morg. many beings far surpass the Heralds in strength. Hell The hulk beats the Heralds pants off when it comes to strength. Where are Thanos' strength feats? I seem to remember a good many posters telling me that I can't prove WW is strong based only on her battles yet they use Thanos' battles to somehow prove how strong he is?
So your saying that Thing>Doomsday in strength, since he has better lifting feats?

Lord S
Than type clearly ...
He used power cosmic. If you're going to repeatedly quote a word, then at least spell it right. wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by darthgoober
So your saying that Thing>Doomsday in strength, since he has better lifting feats?

Doomsday showed strength feats his very fist appearance. he dug out of Thousands of tons of rubble with one arm tied behind his back.

darthgoober
Doomsday showed strength feats his very fist appearance. he dug out of Thousands of tons of rubble with one arm tied behind his back.
So digging is a stregth feat now? roll eyes (sarcastic) Where are his LIFTING feats?

nvrbeenwthagirl
So digging is a stregth feat now? roll eyes (sarcastic) Where are his LIFTING feats?

You know your one of the ones I really don't like too much. You give me a hard time about WW when I try to argue that She is as strong as any top tier and you said that she doesn't have the lifting feats but yet you try and argue for Thanos' Strength based solely on who he has fought. I will now block you. Becuz you are obviously picking and choosing when it's cool to use feats against a character and when it's not.

Priest
He can possibally get to nine at least with his strenght alone.
thanos was able to trade blows with Warriror Maddness Thor with power gem, and hold his own.
http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt3fj.jpg
http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt26bj.jpg
http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt38nq.jpg
http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt43el.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt56ro.jpg
http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt61ym.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt71pc.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6471/silversurferv3088156tf.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt94gp.jpg

Here's a scan of thanos fighting Hulk, think, Hercules, and Thor.
http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hulkthing0mf.jpg
"I am strength personified!"

thanos dosent have many strength feats but we can assume that he's strong as hell from the guys he fight when just using his brute stregth.

darthgoober
You know your one of the ones I really don't like too much. You give me a hard time about WW when I try to argue that She is as strong as any top tier and you said that she doesn't have the lifting feats but yet you try and argue for Thanos' Strength based solely on who he has fought. I will now block you. Becuz you are obviously picking and choosing when it's cool to use feats against a character and when it's not.
No, I'm not picking and choosing. I've always freely admitted that WW is a lot stronger than most heroes, I just don't think she's as strong as someone like Supes(though I DO put the two in the same league). See the difference between Thanos and WW, is that Thanos has showed physical SUPERIORITY over many Herald Level being by manhandling them. WW doesn't have that claim to fame. Her best showing just have her hanging with them.

(But it does just break my heart that you don't like me. I mean, I like YOU....)

K3VIL

1. Solomon Grundy
2. Wonder Woman
3. Thor with the Belt
4. Superman Sun Dipped
5. Drax with the PG
6. Psycho Hulk
8. Champion With the PG
9. Superboy Prime
10.Uni-Powered Gladiator
11.AS Superman
He can use only physical strength or he can amp it by his dark cosmic energy source?Can he use his ranged attacks?
Anyway:
Pure Strength:
He makes it 9, he has beaten Champion before, and Thanos fighting skills and mind would grant him a considerable chance of winning again, considering his stats are all above the level he was when he fought Champion.
Strength amped via Cosmic Energy:
He makes it to UP Gladiator, but anyone with the UP his practically unbeatable unless you are an abstract or near that, so Thanos goes down here.
All of his abilities:
What is AS Superman?

Priest
Originally posted by Priest
He can possibally get to nine at least with his strenght alone.
thanos was able to trade blows with Warriror Maddness Thor with power gem, and hold his own.
http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt3fj.jpg
http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt26bj.jpg
http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt38nq.jpg
http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt43el.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt56ro.jpg
http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt61ym.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt71pc.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6471/silversurferv3088156tf.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt94gp.jpg

Here's a scan of thanos fighting Hulk, think, Hercules, and Thor.
http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hulkthing0mf.jpg
"I am strength personified!"

thanos dosent have many strength feats but we can assume that he's strong as hell from the guys he fight when just using his brute stregth.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No, I'm not picking and choosing. I've always freely admitted that WW is a lot stronger than most heroes, I just don't think she's as strong as someone like Supes(though I DO put the two in the same league). See the difference between Thanos and WW, is that Thanos has showed physical SUPERIORITY over many Herald Level being by manhandling them. WW doesn't have that claim to fame. Her best showing just have her hanging with them.

(But it does just break my heart that you don't like me. I mean, I like YOU....)

I seem to remember WW handling Many members of the Crime Syndicate ( many Herald LvL beings), she also handled the angels ( herald lvl or better). Superman has handled the Justice League WITH Orion on it. Thanos hasn't done anything Better than many. Thor has handled many "herald" lvl beings. So has Hulk. You have to do better than that. I need some feats.

darthgoober
I seem to remember WW handling Many members of the Crime Syndicate ( many Herald LvL beings), she also handled the angels ( herald lvl or better). Superman has handled the Justice League WITH Orion on it. Thanos hasn't done anything Better than many. Thor has handled many "herald" lvl beings. So has Hulk. You have to do better than that. I need some feats.
No I mean SIMULTANEOUSLY. In one of his first appearances(before all of the power ups), he was taking on Thor and Thing at the same time PHYSICALLY, and getting the better of them. Since then, he's also taken on Hercules, Thing and Hulk at the same time, and overpowered all three of them. Wait, I thought you were ignoring me?

nvrbeenwthagirl
No I mean SIMULTANEOUSLY. In one of his first appearances(before all of the power ups), he was taking on Thor and Thing at the same time PHYSICALLY, and getting the better of them. Since then, he's also taken on Hercules, Thing and Hulk at the same time, and overpowered all three of them. Wait, I thought you were ignoring me?

yeah I meant at the same time. WW handles many Angels at one time, many Crime Sydicate members at one time, even the League. many top tiers have handled many other top tiers at the same time. And Superman, Hulk, WW dont' have thanos' Comsic powers advantage either.

darthgoober
yeah I meant at the same time. WW handles many Angels at one time, many Crime Sydicate members at one time, even the League. many top tiers have handled many other top tiers at the same time. And Superman, Hulk, WW dont' have thanos' Comsic powers advantage either.
But did WW overpower people like Supes and Orion simultaneously. Cause that's what I'm talking about.

Mrrungo Mu
Wow.To be honest.I have never seen Thanos with any lifting feats.Good thread.

nvrbeenwthagirl
But did WW overpower people like Supes and Orion simultaneously. Cause that's what I'm talking about.

Has Thanos Ever " overpowered" Top tiers in their top forms Simultaneously? When has he Over powered Thor in his best form, Hulk enraged, and Immortal herc all at the same time. He's NEVER DONE THAT. and people act as if he has.

Wally West
So every one seems to think Thanos beats Top tiers becuz of his strength. I believe it's due to his durability and skill. Why does it have to be one or the other? Thanos has strength, durability and skills.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Wally West
Why does it have to be one or the other? Thanos has strength, durability and skills.

The Problem is, people act as if it's Thano's STrength that puts him over the top when it's clearly not.

K3VIL
Has Thanos Ever " overpowered" Top tiers in their top forms Simultaneously? When has he Over powered Thor in his best form, Hulk enraged, and Immortal herc all at the same time. He's NEVER DONE THAT. and people act as if he has.
Thanos battled WM Thor who's is already 10 times his normal power level amped by Power Gem.Thor maked his nose bleeding, Thanos eyesight changed like he went psycho, he stopped the fight cause it was of no use to him, but he could have handled it.
Thanos fought Champion amped via power gem and also Drax, and has handled them, simoultaneously?No.But he can do something like handling Immortal Herc, WM Thor and let's say, Mindless Hulk all at the same?Using his cosmic power to amp himself and going all out, he can manage to kill maybe Hulk, the one with less resources and fall to the others two.Can Superman do the same?No.Why?Thor's strength and magic, plus Herc's strength and enchanted mace, Supes is gonna be bye bye.Enough of being owned or you want more?Cause it's fun to me.

Wally West
The Problem is, people act as if it's Thano's STrength that puts him over the top when it's clearly not. No, people just don't accept any old character is stronger than Thanos just because he doesn't have precious "lifting feats". When you can beat the Silver Surfer to the brink of death in 7 punches, trade blows with Thor wielding the power gem and man handle Hulk and Thing at the same time, you're strong.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by K3VIL
Thanos battled WM Thor who's is already 10 times his normal power level amped by Power Gem.Thor maked his nose bleeding, Thanos eyesight changed like he went psycho, he stopped the fight cause it was of no use to him, but he could have handled it.
Thanos fought Champion amped via power gem and also Drax, and has handled them, simoultaneously?No.But he can do something like handling Immortal Herc, WM Thor and let's say, Mindless Hulk all at the same?Using his cosmic power to amp himself and going all out, he can manage to kill maybe Hulk, the one with less resources and fall to the others two.Can Superman do the same?No.Why?Thor's strength and magic, plus Herc's strength and enchanted mace, Supes is gonna be bye bye.Enough of being owned or you want more?Cause it's fun to me.

you didn't own anything dude. Thanos has amping abilities, and so do others. And show me a scan that says WM thor is ten times stronger than regular thor. SHow me that or SHut up.

LordFear
Thanos is on a different power grade all together. Quesada from Marvel was asked about him and he responded that he strength is in a class onto itself. Now this is the main man at Marvel talking

darthgoober
The Infinity War. He OVERPOWERED Hercules, Hulk, and Thing AT THE SAME TIME.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No, people just don't accept any old character is stronger than Thanos just because he doesn't have precious "lifting feats". When you can beat the Silver Surfer to the brink of death in 7 punches, trade blows with Thor wielding the power gem and man handle Hulk and Thing at the same time, you're strong.

I would say so too. But when I said WW broke Superman's Ribs, people dismiss that as if you dont' need planet shaking strength to break anything on Superman. And the surfer jobs. Storm knocked surfer out with one lighting bolt. So Is her lighting stronger than Thanos' punches since she did it with one hit? It just seems like people on here like to pick and chose what is PIS, what is a high feat and what they dont' like.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by LordFear
Thanos is on a different power grade all together. Quesada from Marvel was asked about him and he responded that he strength is in a class onto itself. Now this is the main man at Marvel talking

Ok Maybe for Marvel. What does that have to do with DC? not a damn. Orion could trade blows with Thanos. Especially if he had no mother box to calm him down.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Infinity War. He OVERPOWERED Hercules, Hulk, and Thing AT THE SAME TIME.

Was it Enraged Hulk, and Immortal herc? Thing doesn't count. Pretty much any top tier can over power thing.

darthgoober
Was it Enraged Hulk, and Immortal herc? Thing doesn't count. Pretty much any top tier can over power thing.
Well is was a pissed off Professor Hulk, but I'm not sure on Hercules status at the time.

Stupid Rookie
nvrbeenwthagirl you need to relax. Yes Thanos' durability and Intelligence are his greatest qualities and they help him to win, but he certainly has great strength and fighting ability. Also, Heralds are strong. SS has shown great strength many times. Just because someone doesn't choose to use strength as the main part of their arsenal, doesn't mean they don't have it.

Somone here was saying he gets past Champion, the fact is that there is no way he gets past Champ w/ the power gem. Do you remember when they fought. It was only through intelligence and tech (shields) that he won. He said while C was battering down his shield that he was too strong for him (or something to that effect).

Wally West
I would say so too. But when I said WW broke Superman's Ribs, people dismiss that as if you dont' need planet shaking strength to break anything on Superman. And the surfer jobs. Storm knocked surfer out with one lighting bolt. So Is her lighting stronger than Thanos' punches since she did it with one hit? It just seems like people on here like to pick and chose what is PIS, what is a high feat and what they dont' like. Thanos is strong, Wonder Woman is strong, I think everyone accepts that. I don't see the problem and need to try and argue Thanos is weak, if all you took into consideration was lifting feats Thing would be stronger than Thanos, but I think we'd all accept thats not the case, so you estimate his strength from his fights with other top-tier characters.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos is strong, Wonder Woman is strong, I think everyone accepts that. I don't see the problem and need to try and argue Thanos is weak, if all you took into consideration was lifting feats Thing would be stronger than Thanos, but I think we'd all accept thats not the case, so you estimate his strength from his fights with other top-tier characters.
I have said the very same thing, Take the fights with other top tiers. It seems that this logic only applies when it comes to Thanos. And no one else.

LordFear
Ok Maybe for Marvel. What does that have to do with DC? not a damn. Orion could trade blows with Thanos. Especially if he had no mother box to calm him down.

My point is that this is the editor in chief for Marvel. I mean Stan Lee or Jack Kirby needs to tell you that? I don't understant your comment anyway, why are you bringing DC into this? Thanos is a mu character. The crap written in those crossovers are junk. We all know it is based on popularity and the writers for both companies trying to please everybody without affecting sales.

LordFear
You mean to tell me that you believe that with one punch Superman can subdue Juggernaut, as shown in a crossover? COMPLETE LUNACY. I mean its garbage writing.

nvrbeenwthagirl
My point is that this is the editor in chief for Marvel. I mean Stan Lee or Jack Kirby needs to tell you that? I don't understant your comment anyway, why are you bringing DC into this? Thanos is a mu character. The crap written in those crossovers are junk. We all know it is based on popularity and the writers for both companies trying to please everybody without affecting sales.

Ur missing the point, The point is that the Editors of DC say WW is next to superman and yet everyone dismisses that. But when someone says something at marvel about thanos, all of a sudden it's law. COME ON. That is blatant favortism. Where are thanos' feats? becuz from what I'm seeing they are trying to use the very same arguments I used for wonder woman that they shot down, to now try and uphold thanos. It's sickening the way people can shift and jive things around here.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You mean to tell me that you believe that with one punch Superman can subdue Juggernaut, as shown in a crossover? COMPLETE LUNACY. I mean its garbage writing.

What are you talking about? No one is talking about a crossover.

LordFear
What are you talking about? No one is talking about a crossover.

You previous post just mentioned you saying that everybody knows that Orion could hold his own against Thanos. What the hell are you talking about? Orion is a god know? You brought the DC into your argument, check your previous post pal. So I have to assume that you are referring to crossovers. Where else would you ever see those two characters go at it?

LordFear
Ur missing the point, The point is that the Editors of DS say WW is next to superman and yet everyone dismisses that. But when someone says something at marvel about thanos, all of a sudden it's law. COME ON. That is blatant favortism. Where are thanos' feats? becuz from what I'm seeing they are trying to use the very same arguments I used for wonder woman that they shot down, to now try and uphold thanos. It's sickening the way people can shift and jive things around here.

I concur with you that WW is on par with Superman. Not exactly on his level but would not dismiss your argument that she is very close to him. I would agree with you on that.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You previous post just mentioned you saying that everybody knows that Orion could hold his own against Thanos. What the hell are you talking about? Orion is a god know? You brought the DC into your argument, check your previous post pal. So I have to assume that you are referring to crossovers. Where else would you ever see those two characters go at it?

ok let me explain how this forum works. here we take any charcters from any comics companies and theorize on what would happen if they fought. I was theorizing that Orion could, if not held in check by his mother box, not only hold his own, but heat Thanos hand to hand.

LordFear
ok let me explain how this forum works. here we take any charcters from any comics companies and theorize on what would happen if they fought. I was theorizing that Orion could, if not held in check by his mother box, not only hold his own, but heat Thanos hand to hand.

Ok riddle me this, my friend. Could Orion take down Thanos, with or withouth motherbox, whichever you prefer?

tdawg14
The cosmic characters in the Marvel Universe do not have many lifting feats simply because they do not rely mainly on brute strength in their battles. That does not mean that they do not have the strength. Thanos knocking the hell out of Champion with the Power gem or going blow for blow with Warrior Madness Thor with the power gem should be enough of a gauge on his physical strength. It has been said that Thanos base strength is higher than the base of the Hulk. He, like the Silver Surfer can up his strength level by using his cosmic powers. I think he gets to 9 in this gauntlet by the way.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ok riddle me this, my friend. Could Orion take down Thanos, with or withouth motherbox, whichever you prefer?

Depends on which version of Orion it is and what the perimeters of the fight are. Orion is the only being who has the power to actually kill DS. And DS takes Thanos any day of the week. SO it all depends.

tdawg14
Orion got handled by the Surfer who called him an annoyance. There is no way he takes Thanos. Sorry

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by tdawg14
The cosmic characters in the Marvel Universe do not have many lifting feats simply because they do not rely mainly on brute strength in their battles. That does not mean that they do not have the strength. Thanos knocking the hell out of Champion with the Power gem or going blow for blow with Warrior Madness Thor with the power gem should be enough of a gauge on his physical strength. It has been said that Thanos base strength is higher than the base of the Hulk. He, like the Silver Surfer can up his strength level by using his cosmic powers. I think he gets to 9 in this gauntlet by the way.

You would have to be really uninformed to think thanos can beat WW with the guantlet of Atlas. AS superman was three times stronger than normal Superman. WW is Ten times stronger with the guantlet on. This is what I mean. people giving thanos waaaaaaaaaaay to much credit.

LordFear
Orion got handled by the Surfer who called him an annoyance. There is no way he takes Thanos. Sorry

Thank you .

nvrbeenwthagirl

That was a cross over that was NON-CANNON. NON-CANNON. Say it with me, it didn't happen in reality becuz it's non-cannon. THanos got cut by bone claw wolverine. Orion is far superior to Wolvies claws, Now what?

LordFear
That was a cross over that was NON-CANNON. NON-CANNON.

Ok I will argue that because I said crossovers do not count. But seriously looking at Thanos's feats, how can you even argue that moot point?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ok I will argue that because I said crossovers do not count. But seriously looking at Thanos's feats, how can you even argue that moot point?

Orion has the power to Collapse a 5th of a universe, can battle great DS for weeks on end when he does not have the MB to hold his rage in check. He controls the Astro Force- which is equal to any cosmic power anyday. Besides, MOst of thanos' feats involve his intellect, his tech, and his durability.

tdawg14
Yet, when people talk about Darkseid, they mention how his omega beams flayed the Surfer's skin as a feat.

tdawg14
Here is a quote about Thanos's strength level:

Writer Peter David, who wrote the Hulk comic for about 12 years, is a subscriber on AOL. Ramus decided to e-mail David about the matter. He was very detailed in his questioning, desiring to avoid any confusion.

To quote Ramus, he asked "if he ( Peter David ) thought Thanos was on a physical strength level higher than Hulk at any time he was writing (meaning various incarnations)."

David's reply was simple, answering: "Yeah, probably. Thanos is kind of in his own weight class."

That quote shows that Thanos is pretty damn physically strong.

granzon
Does Thanos has limitless strength potential via Cosmic Powers ?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Here is a quote about Thanos's strength level:

Writer Peter David, who wrote the Hulk comic for about 12 years, is a subscriber on AOL. Ramus decided to e-mail David about the matter. He was very detailed in his questioning, desiring to avoid any confusion.

To quote Ramus, he asked "if he ( Peter David ) thought Thanos was on a physical strength level higher than Hulk at any time he was writing (meaning various incarnations)."

David's reply was simple, answering: "Yeah, probably. Thanos is kind of in his own weight class."

That quote shows that Thanos is pretty damn physically strong.

yeah Probably? what kind of definitive answer is that? And since when did we start taking writers words for anything when people won't even except that DC has said that NO OTHER earth super hero on earth is inbetween Superman and Diana in the strength dept. and yet everyone over looks that. so i'm not buying it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by granzon
Does Thanos has limitless strength potential via Cosmic Powers ?

How could he have be able to amp is strength unlimtedly when his cosmic powers are not unlimited themself?

granzon
How could he have be able to amp is strength unlimtedly when his cosmic powers are not unlimited themself?

I thought they where like the Power Cosmic.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I thought they where like the Power Cosmic.

They aren't limitless. Even Galactus doesn't have limitless Power Cosmic. If he did, he wouldn't need to feed himself. He would already have limitless power.

granzon
They aren't limitless. Even Galactus doesn't have limitless Power Cosmic. If he did, he wouldn't need to feed himself. He would already have limitless power.

Thanks for clearing that
What about Juggernaut,"classic"Sentry,Asgardian Destroyer and Apocalypse(sp?),it was said they have limitless strength,is that true?

ExtraMision5555

1. Solomon Grundy
2. Wonder Woman
3. Thor with the Belt
4. Superman Sun Dipped
5. Drax with the PG
6. Psycho Hulk
8. Champion With the PG
9. Superboy Prime
10.Uni-Powered Gladiator
11.AS Superman

completley off subject, noticed you got flusterd the other day but im glad you didnt leave smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanks for clearing that
What about Juggernaut,"classic"Sentry,Asgardian Destroyer and Apocalypse(sp?),it was said they have limitless strength,is that true?

I believe that the only non abstract beings to have limitless strength would be the Hulk and Champion of the Universe. Superman can keep soaking up sun light for more strength but I'm not sure if I count that as Limitless since he has to get near the sun to do it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
completley off subject, noticed you got flusterd the other day but im glad you didnt leave smile

big grin eek! smile

Wally West
Can I just say regarding the list/gauntlet in the first post, Hulk, Thor /w gem and Drax /w gem should probably all be on the same level and higher up on the list since one has the potential to grow as strong as he needs and the other two draw from limitless power, you can make arguments for them being stronger than anyone else.

ExtraMision5555
No, people just don't accept any old character is stronger than Thanos just because he doesn't have precious "lifting feats". When you can beat the Silver Surfer to the brink of death in 7 punches, trade blows with Thor wielding the power gem and man handle Hulk and Thing at the same time, you're strong.

enlarged for emphasis

nvrbeenwthagirl
Can I just say regarding the list/gauntlet in the first post, Hulk, Thor /w gem and Drax /w gem should probably all be on the same level and higher up on the list since one has the potential to grow as strong as he needs and the other two draw from limitless power, you can make arguments for them being stronger than anyone else.

I did the list this way becuz if you were to put all of these guys in a room to brawl, i figured it would come out this way.

nvrbeenwthagirl
enlarged for emphasis

Bah, I have used many battle scenarious to argue for a certain character and they were dismissed.

Wally West
I did the list this way becuz if you were to put all of these guys in a room to brawl, i figured it would come out this way. Fair enough, but if they were all in a brawl I doubt they would just rely on strength, which is how the list should be ordered stick out tongue I just pointed it out as I suspect most people will say something like he stops at 5, since we're just comparing strength and Drax has the gem, can't really argue against that.

ExtraMision5555
Bah, I have used many battle scenarious to argue for a certain character and they were dismissed.

I agree, i have had that same problem. Sometimes, characers just dont have the feats and you have no choice but to speculate. but in some cases due to bias or other factors, some people refuse to accept specualtion. Personally, i dont see anything wrong with it considering its very well thought out speculation. but i understand your delima

nvrbeenwthagirl
I agree, i have had that same problem. Sometimes, characers just dont have the feats and you have no choice but to speculate. but in some cases due to bias or other factors, some people refuse to accept specualtion. Personally, i dont see anything wrong with it considering its very well thought out speculation. but i understand your delima

The first thing someone says when a character that they dont' like is being argued for is " where are her feats?" And if it's a character that they dont'like and you do have the feats, they holler, It was PIS. It just boggles my mind.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The first thing someone says when a character that they dont' like is being argued for is " where are her feats?" And if it's a character that they dont'like and you do have the feats, they holler, It was PIS. It just boggles my mind.

bigbran
I would say so too. But when I said WW broke Superman's Ribs, people dismiss that as if you dont' need planet shaking strength to break anything on Superman. And the surfer jobs. Storm knocked surfer out with one lighting bolt. So Is her lighting stronger than Thanos' punches since she did it with one hit? It just seems like people on here like to pick and chose what is PIS, what is a high feat and what they dont' like. As I read this thread, I just get madder and madder.
Your blatant lies, your twisting the truth, the obvious-ness (if that is a word), that you haven't read the comics.

God, she didn't KO Surfer. She hit him, he was weak, he screamed, that is all. He was up in the next panel, and pis also helps her case. Go read the comic, if you aren't sure about it, but don't lie to support your case!

I see blah, blah, blah. But, when Wonder Woman... Thanos doesn't have any feats...

OK, smart guy, riddle me this, Darkseid has basically no lifting feats at all, so from that, we know that Batman is stronger than him, since Batman has lfted more on panel, does this make sense to you?

WW might be second to Supes in strength, but what about the people above Supes? What about people as strong as Supes? Do we know the exact extent of her closeness to Supes powers?
Is she a ton in strength lower than him?
She broke his ribs... what about the time Superman knocked her halfway across the solar system?
(Don't even use the Marvel example, because you should know, that no one in Marvel has these feats, not even Galactus, so before you try, don't!)

Wonder Woman broke Superman's ribs, good for her, she is strong.
Is this whole thread here to try and compare Wonder Woman to Thanos?

Does punching power, not equate into strength? Are you just going to keep ignoring the scans that got posted on the first, and then quoted on the second page?

Also, when have you ever really seen Thanos amp his strength up before a fight, to even try and prove that he uses the cosmic powers to gain strength?

I believe that the only non abstract beings to have limitless strength would be the Hulk and Champion of the Universe. Superman can keep soaking up sun light for more strength but I'm not sure if I count that as Limitless since he has to get near the sun to do it. Oh bullshit! Thanos punched Champ around. Drax with the Power Gem KOed him.
Are you trying to say that Hulk can ever be as strong as Galactus?
No, Hulk doesn't have limitless strength, Champ is a joke.

You're comparing Hulk's strength to Eternity's right now. Wow...
You're comparing Hulk's strength to abstracts, no, just no!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by bigbran
As I read this thread, I just get madder and madder.
Your blatant lies, your twisting the truth, the obvious-ness (if that is a word), that you haven't read the comics.

God, she didn't KO Surfer. She hit him, he was weak, he screamed, that is all. He was up in the next panel, and pis also helps her case. Go read the comic, if you aren't sure about it, but don't lie to support your case!

I see blah, blah, blah. But, when Wonder Woman... Thanos doesn't have any feats...

OK, smart guy, riddle me this, Darkseid has basically no lifting feats at all, so from that, we know that Batman is stronger than him, since Batman has lfted more on panel, does this make sense to you?

WW might be second to Supes in strength, but what about the people above Supes? What about people as strong as Supes? Do we know the exact extent of her closeness to Supes powers?
Is she a ton in strength lower than him?
She broke his ribs... what about the time Superman knocked her halfway across the solar system?
(Don't even use the Marvel example, because you should know, that no one in Marvel has these feats, not even Galactus, so before you try, don't!)

Wonder Woman broke Superman's ribs, good for her, she is strong.
Is this whole thread here to try and compare Wonder Woman to Thanos?

Does punching power, not equate into strength? Are you just going to keep ignoring the scans that got posted on the first, and then quoted on the second page?

what are you getting mad for? I'm really just trying to show people how they do. They use feats when it's convenient, and when it's not, they dismiss them. What are you so mad about? If superman Knocked WW half way across the Galaxy, that would be a durability feat for her and a strength feat for him wouldn't you say? Your getting all pissed becuz what? I'm just doing what everyone else does to me? Now you see why i get so mad dont you. You are one of the very ones who did the same bs to me. Always saying bs like where are the lifting feats? Now i'm asking the same thing. Please don't come to me with childishness becuz you can't take the very same heat you scrutinized to me.

Wally West
nvrbeenwthagirl out of curiosity how familar are you with the Thanos character, it may just be the examples being brought up but it seems whenever a scan of Thanos is posted you respond with statements that suggest you've never seen the scans before or the context behind them, it seems you're not totally familar with most his appearances.

nvrbeenwthagirl
nvrbeenwthagirl out of curiosity how familar are you with the Thanos character, it may just be the examples being brought up but it seems whenever a scan of Thanos is posted you respond with statements that suggest you've never seen the scans before or the context behind them, it seems you're not totally familar with most his appearances.

Hmm, I seem to remember saying the same thing about a many a DC character. And someone actually agreed with me. I'm so glad people are starting to see things a bit differently now. I'm well aware of Thanos. I'm also aware that nothing suggest that he is as strong as poeple make him out to be. He is durable yes. he is smart yes, He is strong yes. But stronger than Hulk or Superman. No.

Howard_Jones
Hmm, I seem to remember saying the same thing about a many a DC character. And someone actually agreed with me. I'm so glad people are starting to see things a bit differently now. I'm well aware of Thanos. I'm also aware that nothing suggest that he is as strong as poeple make him out to be. He is durable yes. he is smart yes, He is strong yes. But stronger than Hulk or Superman. No.

You sir, are incorrect. It was already proven that Thanos is stronger than Hulk.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
You sir, are incorrect. It was already proven that Thanos is stronger than Hulk.

How? where's your proof? where are thanos' feats? show me thanos beating the hulk with pure strength only. becuz to me, thanos has speed, unreal durability, universal lvl skill, and the ability to put cosmic energy around his fist. Show me with feats that thanos is stronger than the hulk or be quiet.

darthgoober
How? where's your proof? where are thanos' feats? show me thanos beating the hulk with pure strength only. becuz to me, thanos has speed, unreal durability, universal lvl skill, and the ability to put cosmic energy around his fist. Show me with feats that thanos is stronger than the hulk or be quiet.
http://img280.imageshack.us/img280/3484/quasar3817uh2.th.jpg

bigbran
what are you getting mad for? I'm really just trying to show people how they do. They use feats when it's convenient, and when it's not, they dismiss them. What are you so mad about? If superman Knocked WW half way across the Galaxy, that would be a durability feat for her and a strength feat for him wouldn't you say? Your getting all pissed becuz what? I'm just doing what everyone else does to me? Now you see why i get so mad dont you. You are one of the very ones who did the same bs to me. Always saying bs like where are the lifting feats? I said I was mad once, you're, I never said it all through the quote. I'm not getting so mad, I'm just getting basically frustrated (yes, I know...) with your lies, you are doing the exact same thing tat you claim that everyone else does to you.
Are you any better?

Also, you are lying again! Suprise! Find me a quote where I have said that, "Where is the lifting feats?" Find me a quote, where I was even in the Wonder Woman vs Hela thread, posting, at least 3 things that are adressed to you.

I have always knew that lifting feats, don't equal strength. My favorite characters (top three), have no lifting feats whats-so-ever... you think you are going to catch me slip up?

Everyone else is not everyone in this thread, now is it?

Now i'm asking the same thing. Please don't come to me with childishness becuz you can't take the very same heat you scrutinized to me. This post makes me giggle, because you lied completely about it. Again, find me where I have done this, ace.
Find me a quote where I have said that, "Wonder Woman has no lifting feats, so she isn't that strong..." this is a serious post.
I am not everyone else, so your post doesn't even apply to me, since you are accusing me of doing the same things that everyone else did, so therefore you try and dump that on me...thumb down
Good job adressing everyone elses posts, to me... eek! laughing out loud
My post adressed just you, your post adresses everyone(not litterly, but in your logic)... but me.

Also, good job adressing my top sentence... thumb down

nvrbeenwthagirl
http://img280.imageshack.us/img280/3484/quasar3817uh2.th.jpg

Wait, didn't he have the IG then? Was that Crazy Hulk? Was that the Real Thor? Immortal Herc?

darthgoober
Wait, didn't he have the IG then? Was that Crazy Hulk?
No he didn't have the IG then. And it was a pissed off Professer Hulk.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No he didn't have the IG then. And it was a pissed off Professer Hulk.

NOt the same thing as a crazy hulk. Was it Immortal herc? Or the Godly SOn Thor? Thing doesn't count. what book was that in, I have to look it up.

Wally West
NOt the same thing as a crazy hulk. Was it Immortal herc? Or the Godly SOn Thor? Thing doesn't count. what book was that in, I have to look it up. I thought you said you were very familar with his apperances? Like I said before, most of the time it seems its the first time you've seen the images...

darthgoober
Professer Hulk had the highest base strength of ANY of the Hulk incarnations. Remember, he was the one who started out strong enough to take on Thor.

It's Quasar 38.

OneDumbG0
No way is Thanos physically stronger than Hulk. Maybe Professor Hulk, but good ole Savage Hulk? Hell. No. People like to show scans of Thanos punching Champion w/ Power Gem or Thor w/ Power Gem and fail to see that in neither of the fights does Thanos even actually do any real damage to them. In fact, in the latter example Thanos is the one who's bleeding, not Thor. Going toe-to-toe with these guys is badass, but unless you show me scans of him knocking them unconscious with his fists, I don't believe that you could possibly assume he had comparable strength.

Best on-panel feat of his strength I've seen was him wrestling with Tyrant and at the same time expelling his energies. He's at least as physically strong as Tyrant. How strong Tyrant is... well someone else will have to enlighten me. I'm guessing Tyrant was above Silver Surfer strength level and so is Thanos. Pretty darn up there, but nowhere near Savage Hulk or Superman. Doesn't mean he can't beat them, but he doesn't have physical strength like them.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I thought you said you were very familar with his apperances? Like I said before, most of the time it seems its the first time you've seen the images...

I have literally thousands of comics books. And as it seems, I am one of the only ones who really collects all things marvel and all things dc. I have to go back and look. Who can remember every appearance of every character. I don't even remember every wonder woman appearance and I have them all. SO sue me.

OneDumbG0
Professer Hulk had the highest base strength of ANY of the Hulk incarnations. Remember, he was the one who started out strong enough to take on Thor.

It's Quasar 38. And what's the highest base strength? Couple of hundred tons? I'll give you that. Most of the time Savage Hulk just wanted to be left alone and is wandering around before something hurts him or enrages him enough to get his strength flowing. But Professor Hulk in no way outstripped Savage Hulk. And strong enough to take Thor? Seriously? When did this happen? Sounds like an awesome fight.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
No way is Thanos physically stronger than Hulk. Maybe Professor Hulk, but good ole Savage Hulk? Hell. No. People like to show scans of Thanos punching Champion w/ Power Gem or Thor w/ Power Gem and fail to see that in neither of the fights does Thanos even actually do any real damage to them. In fact, in the latter example Thanos is the one who's bleeding, not Thor. Going toe-to-toe with these guys is badass, but unless you show me scans of him knocking them unconscious with his fists, I don't believe that you could possibly assume he had comparable strength.

Best on-panel feat of his strength I've seen was him wrestling with Tyrant and at the same time expelling his energies. He's at least as physically strong as Tyrant. How strong Tyrant is... well someone else will have to enlighten me. I'm guessing Tyrant was above Silver Surfer strength level and so is Thanos. Pretty darn up there, but nowhere near Savage Hulk or Superman. Doesn't mean he can't beat them, but he doesn't have physical strength like them.

He wasn't wresting with Tyrant under his own power. He was attacking Tyrant with one of Tyrant's own Orbs.

darthgoober
And what's the highest base strength? Couple of hundred tons? I'll give you that. Most of the time Savage Hulk just wanted to be left alone and is wandering around before something hurts him or enrages him enough to get his strength flowing. But Professor Hulk in no way outstripped Savage Hulk. And strong enough to take Thor? Seriously? When did this happen? Sounds like an awesome fight.
I don't know if he ever actually beat Thor, but I'm pretty sure they fought a couple of times and he held his own through pure strength.

bigbran

Best on-panel feat of his strength I've seen was him wrestling with Tyrant and at the same time expelling his energies. He's at least as physically strong as Tyrant. How strong Tyrant is... well someone else will have to enlighten me. I'm guessing Tyrant was above Silver Surfer strength level and so is Thanos. Pretty darn up there, but nowhere near Savage Hulk or Superman. Doesn't mean he can't beat them, but he doesn't have physical strength like them. Your post was like one big contridiction...

OK, Thanos managed to knock back Champion with the Power Gem. He was able to go toe to toe with Thor. The only damage Thor did was a bloody nose... That is the only damage that went on in that fight.
I could say more, but I got to go...

Tyrant was stronger than Silver Surfer, Thor, and Gladiator (pretty damn confident) at the same time. It wasn't like a little bit either, he hammered the shit out of Glads with one punch.
Beta Ray Bill's hammer did no damage to him...

To put it simple, he was stronger than Hulk, by quite a bit...
Thanos also had some of Morg's power.

Howard_Jones
He wasn't wresting with Tyrant under his own power. He was attacking Tyrant with one of Tyrant's own Orbs.

It was Morg's orb, and he only used it a couple times. Reading is fundamental.

OneDumbG0
I don't know if he ever actually beat Thor, but I'm pretty sure they fought a couple of times and he held his own through pure strength. I remember an Angel Medina drawn fight where Hulk wrestles with Thor and throws him away from a nuclear blast. But I was pretty sure that was not Professor Hulk in the slightest. It was like a deranged Hulk going all flippy from gamma saturation and stuff.
He wasn't wresting with Tyrant under his own power. He was attacking Tyrant with one of Tyrant's own Orbs. I thought that was just the energy being expelled which enhanced his durability. I was not aware that the orb also enhanced his physical strength.
Your post was like one big contridiction...

OK, Thanos managed to knock back Champion with the Power Gem. He was able to go toe to toe with Thor. The only damage Thor did was a bloody nose... That is the only damage that went on in that fight.
I could say more, but I got to go...

Tyrant was stronger than Silver Surfer, Thor, and Gladiator (pretty damn confident) at the same time. It wasn't like a little bit either, he hammered the shit out of Glads with one punch.
Beta Ray Bill's hammer did no damage to him...

To put it simple, he was stronger than Hulk, by quite a bit...
Thanos also had some of Morg's power. And I really don't know what you are talking about. Champion is not physically hurt in the slightest, being pushed off his feet by a fist when Thanos keeps tricking him does not equate overpowering strength. Same thing with Thor in 'Blood and Thunder.' Apparently, nvrbeenwthgrl explained how Thanos was wrestling Tyrant. Again, i don't remember anywhere it saying his physical strength was augmented. But if that's the consensus and nobody wants to bring out scans, "Meh."

nvrbeenwthagirl
It was Morg's orb, and he only used it a couple times. Reading is fundamental.

The orb belonged to Tyrant. The power in it was Morgs. The orb was Tyrants. Reading is fundemental. Stop bothering me you silly kid.

Wally West
I thought that was just the energy being expelled which enhanced his durability. I was not aware that the orb also enhanced his physical strength. Where does it say or is suggested the orb enhanced his durability? He only used the orb a couple of times and each occasion he was using it offensively, with a couple of punches and a blast, its never said his durability was amped.

Howard_Jones
The orb belonged to Tyrant. The power in it was Morgs. The orb was Tyrants. Reading is fundemental. Stop bothering me you silly kid.

Coming from a person that took an hour to report all of my posts? Yeah, Digi pmed me about that.

Pot and kettle, anyone? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, why don't you show some proof of it amping Thanos?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Coming from a person that took an hour to report all of my posts? Yeah, Digi pmed me about that.

Pot and kettle, anyone? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, why don't you show some proof of it amping Thanos?

I said he used the Orb to attack tyrant. As in Thanos added it's assault to his own. He knew he couldnt' face Tyrant under his own power. The best defense is a good offense. Anyone can tell you that.

Howard_Jones
I said he used the Orb to attack tyrant. As in Thanos added it's assault to his own. He knew he couldnt' face Tyrant under his own power. The best defense is a good offense. Anyone can tell you that.

Phil Jackson disagrees.

leonidas
The Problem is, people act as if it's Thano's STrength that puts him over the top when it's clearly not.

what makes it so 'clear' to you?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by leonidas
what makes it so 'clear' to you?

Becuz it seems Thanos Feats all have to do with his Mind, Durability, Cosmic powers, and Skill. He has no strength feats to speak of, so one must surmise that he is only as strong as the top tiers. I dont even see how you can be any stronger than an enraged hulk or PG wielding Champion. How can you be stronger than Unlimted Strength?

leonidas
i never said he was stronger than an enraged hulk or a pg champion. seems clear to me thanos was NOT 'stronger' than champion, nor could he overpower him because of the gem.

i DO think thanos is capable of amping his strength, like odin could if he chose.

where does thanos top out in pure strength? not sure. somewhere just below wm thor, imo. there is a scan that says wm thor=10x normal thor. that . . . is ridiculous to me. i don't believe thanos is 10x stronger than hercules, or superman, or any other top tier (ie -- supes lifts 1 planet, thanos can lift 10 . . . confused )

i've no doubt that thanos IS stronger than any single top tier though. there are some who could give him a run, but not only is he stronger, he's smarter, more durable AND can draw on reserves that can amp him even further.

nvrbeenwthagirl
i never said he was stronger than an enraged hulk or a pg champion. seems clear to me thanos was NOT 'stronger' than champion, nor could he overpower him because of the gem.

i DO think thanos is capable of amping his strength, like odin could if he chose.

where does thanos top out in pure strength? not sure. somewhere just below wm thor, imo. there is a scan that says wm thor=10x normal thor. that . . . is ridiculous to me. i don't believe thanos is 10x stronger than hercules, or superman, or any other top tier (ie -- supes lifts 1 planet, thanos can lift 10 . . . confused )

i've no doubt that thanos IS stronger than any single top tier though. there are some who could give him a run, but not only is he stronger, he's smarter, more durable AND can draw on reserves that can amp him even further.

The problem as I see it, is that many top tiers can also amp. Superman Amps with sundips, Thor amps by going crazy, The Hulk is the Hulk. WW amps with the Guantlet or the God wave, Gladiator amps with more confidence, and so on and so on. IT just seems unfair to outright say Thanos is above any top tier unless he's somehow amping. Even then, They can amp as well.

bigbran
The problem as I see it, is that many top tiers can also amp. Superman Amps with sundips, Thor amps by going crazy, The Hulk is the Hulk. WW amps with the Guantlet or the God wave, Gladiator amps with more confidence, and so on and so on. IT just seems unfair to outright say Thanos is above any top tier unless he's somehow amping. Even then, They can amp as well. Everyone you mentioned except WW can amp naturally...
Do we give Thor the belt of strength and the Odinpower, when we say he amps? No, the same goes for WW.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Everyone you mentioned except WW can amp naturally...
Do we give Thor the belt of strength and the Odinpower, when we say he amps? No, the same goes for WW.

Of course she could always just pray for more strength. Natural is a subjective term when your talking about a magical creature. But I had to throw her in there. big grin

leonidas
The problem as I see it, is that many top tiers can also amp. Superman Amps with sundips, Thor amps by going crazy, The Hulk is the Hulk. WW amps with the Guantlet or the God wave, Gladiator amps with more confidence, and so on and so on. IT just seems unfair to outright say Thanos is above any top tier unless he's somehow amping. Even then, They can amp as well.

i think most tend to look at most consistent showings though. CAN hulk become stronger than thanos? imo, yes. is a sun-dipped supes as strong as thanos? maybe. i'm not sure how strong sun-dip is, or how long he'd need to 'dip' to match him. is a fully confident glads (something never seen??) as strong as thanos? maybe.

the question shouldn't be does their HIGHEST showings indicate that they CAN approach/reach thanos, but rather, do they appear -- at regular showings -- equal to thanos? not imo. thor has tried to go 1on1 with thanos in the past and NOT done well at all. which stands to reason given that it took wm thor to match him. these other characters also have MUCH more history upon which to draw and FIND feats -- ie: superman. thanos's feats generally involve him BEATING UP a bunch of top tier guys -- usually more than one at a time.

i don't think he's SOOO far beyond that some top tiers can't slug it out with him for a while, (starfox did so for a short while, after all) but still, all told, he's above top tier, and to reach his level top tier guys need amping of the sort you mentioned above.

nvrbeenwthagirl
i think most tend to look at most consistent showings though. CAN hulk become stronger than thanos? imo, yes. is a sun-dipped supes as strong as thanos? maybe. i'm not sure how strong sun-dip is, or how long he'd need to 'dip' to match him. is a fully confident glads (something never seen??) as strong as thanos? maybe.

the question shouldn't be does their HIGHEST showings indicate that they CAN approach/reach thanos, but rather, do they appear -- at regular showings -- equal to thanos? not imo. thor has tried to go 1on1 with thanos in the past and NOT done well at all. which stands to reason given that it took wm thor to match him. these other characters also have MUCH more history upon which to draw and FIND feats -- ie: superman. thanos's feats generally involve him BEATING UP a bunch of top tier guys -- usually more than one at a time.

i don't think he's SOOO far beyond that some top tiers can't slug it out with him for a while, (starfox did so for a short while, after all) but still, all told, he's above top tier, and to reach his level top tier guys need amping of the sort you mentioned above.

So then someone like Mongul, Despero, or Infinity man should have no problem duking it out with Thanos since they are all above top tier as well no?

leonidas
i'd agree with that. despero has done to cap marvel and superman, what thanos did to the hulk and hercules.

i think despero is a good strength match in dc for thanos. thanos may be able to surpass him though by augmenting with his cosmic power -- generally he doesn't seem to do that, though. he just uses 'power' instead.

Wally West
http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dop89yd.jpg

Not quite sure how much more powerful doing that made him, but it looks cool wink

olympian
Wich Mongul is above top tiers? Post crisis, Sr definatly wasent. He was close but not that up. Jr? Have no ideia. Never looked that way to me.

Desespero? He would. Especially the Virtue and Vice showing. Definatly above top tier (like Thanos), and strong mentally.

If anything, hes probably less durable somewhat, since Hawkman`s mace drew blood of him, and i dont recall it being magical, but hey if it is....even better. Anyone consideres that particulary moment a low durability showing?

leonidas
Originally posted by olympian
Wich Mongul is above top tiers? Post crisis, Sr definatly wasent. He was close but not that up. Jr? Have no ideia. Never looked that way to me.

Desespero? He would. Especially the Virtue and Vice showing. Definatly above top tier (like Thanos), and strong mentally.

If anything, hes probably less durable somewhat, since Hawkman`s mace drew blood of him, and i dont recall it being magical, but hey if it is....even better. Probably a low durability showing.

yeah, i didn't say despero would beat thanos in a fight, only that he appears a nice match strength-wise. despero would give thanos a hellaworkout, but thanos is still thanos in the end and would beat despero for a fair-sized majority, imo. but each fight would be very close, and i DO think despero capable of taking a couple.

olympian
I actually think, that strengthwise they dont match up that far away. Desespero cleaned the clock of what? 3 top tiers at the same time and one who was a lesser level, and Thanos did...practically the same.

I think its Thanos other abilities that would probably have him stealing more wins. If it plays on a physical level only, that Desespero has the chances, tho. What a beast.

OneDumbG0
Where does it say or is suggested the orb enhanced his durability? He only used the orb a couple of times and each occasion he was using it offensively, with a couple of punches and a blast, its never said his durability was amped. So when he used it, he harnessed its power when punching and blasting? Cool. What about when he was wrestling him? You know what? You probably already answered that. Or someone did. but I'm buzzed from beer. So forgive me and please repeat. While I repeat me getting another beer. BTW, Bass is always a good choice but Harp sucks as a lager. Horrible taste and worse aftertaste. Tastes like a home brewed beer. Yuck.

K3VIL
Ok, so nvrbeen needs to get smacked pretty bad:
Professor Hulk
He starts out as a Class 100 level guy, can grow in strength, not fast as Savage, but almost, and the difference, is not big, Professor's only weakness was being a bit less durable, but he could just get pissed off and keep his intelligence and outsmart others.
Hercules
In the IG/IW saga he was the half-god one, it means Thor strength level and immense durability.
Thing
Ok, he was like Class 85/90 at the time, so he's not much of a big gun, you're right on this.

Thanos VS Power Gem users
Do you understand that despite the madness, Thor was fighting Thanos and knowed well who he was fighting, that's why he was so mercyless also, cause even under normal circumstances he knows he''s dealing with major troubles against Thanos.Champion fought Thanos and got pissed off cause found someone able to punch him and make him feeling the punch.

Thanos VS Drax, no power gem, no "Hulk" size one.
The Drax who destroyed a planet while fighting FIST TO FIST with Thanos wasn't even using the gem.Punches that crushes a planet are enough to you?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by K3VIL
Ok, so nvrbeen needs to get smacked pretty bad:
Professor Hulk
He starts out as a Class 100 level guy, can grow in strength, not fast as Savage, but almost, and the difference, is not big, Professor's only weakness was being a bit less durable, but he could just get pissed off and keep his intelligence and outsmart others.
Hercules
In the IG/IW saga he was the half-god one, it means Thor strength level and immense durability.
Thing
Ok, he was like Class 85/90 at the time, so he's not much of a big gun, you're right on this.

Thanos VS Power Gem users
Do you understand that despite the madness, Thor was fighting Thanos and knowed well who he was fighting, that's why he was so mercyless also, cause even under normal circumstances he knows he''s dealing with major troubles against Thanos.Champion fought Thanos and got pissed off cause found someone able to punch him and make him feeling the punch.

Thanos VS Drax, no power gem, no "Hulk" size one.
The Drax who destroyed a planet while fighting FIST TO FIST with Thanos wasn't even using the gem.Punches that crushes a planet are enough to you?

What the heck is your point. I have already adressed all of these issues. THanos couldn't even handle morg on his own. Morg has been beaten by Silver surfer, who has been beaten by thanos. It would appear, heroes job to thanos. Period. Villians on the other hand, dont seem to job as much. as Champion and Morg had very impressive showing againt Thanos. Even ODin Jobbed to thanos. I'm not impressed. As far as the planet they destroyed, We dont know how big the planet was, or how dense. It could have been the size of a moon. Superman has destroyed planets on his own with out fighting someone. I dont need to be smacked. I refuse to turn into a clone of everyone else and think like everyone else becuz it's the popular thing to do. I'm going to scrutinize every bit of "accepted" forum logic until It all fits.

Soljer
Couldn't handle Morg? What?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
Couldn't handle Morg? What?

Thanos cleary had a time fighting morg. It wasn't his usual smack em away beat down that he hands out to semi top tiers.

manorastroman
if by "had a time of it" you mean it took an extra frame, i suppose you're right.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by manorastroman
if by "had a time of it" you mean it took an extra frame, i suppose you're right.

I mean, Morg took thanos off of his feat. I rarely see thanos getting knocked off of his feat or neeling to anyone. You almost rarely see thanos neel to anyone who is less than Sky father.

Soljer
I mean, Morg took thanos off of his feat. I rarely see thanos getting knocked off of his feat or neeling to anyone. You almost rarely see thanos neel to anyone who is less than Sky father.

Knocked off his feet?

Captain America once Judo-tossed the Hulk, I guess the Hulk can't handle Steve now...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Knocked off his feet?

Captain America once Judo-tossed the Hulk, I guess the Hulk can't handle Steve now...

Hulk isn't Thanos. And Morg is leagues stronger than Thanos. A judo toss is also not a show of strength. nice try. try harder. a judo toss has to do with leverage.

Soljer
Hulk isn't Thanos. And Morg is leagues stronger than Thanos. A judo toss is also not a show of strength. nice try. try harder. a judo toss has to do with leverage.

You said that Thanos couldn't handle Morg because Morg knocked him off of his feet.

Captain America did the same to the Hulk, and yet it's different? Hmm....

Thanos did indeed HANDLE Morg, a mere panel or two later.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You said that Thanos couldn't handle Morg because Morg knocked him off of his feet.

Captain America did the same to the Hulk, and yet it's different? Hmm....

Thanos did indeed HANDLE Morg, a mere panel or two later.

THanos handles beings with ease. He didn't handle morg. Handling means with ease. Like he is shown doing to professor hulk and the thing. That is handling.

Soljer
THanos handles beings with ease. He didn't handle morg. Handling means with ease. Like he is shown doing to professor hulk and the thing. That is handling.

So handling him with a single cosmic blast isn't quite handling?

Superboy Prime
I can see some of neverbeenwthagirl's points. People tend to nitpick what they dislike and shove what they like down each other's throats. But meh that's just the way we are. There's no such thing as an unbiased poster IMO.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So handling him with a single cosmic blast isn't quite handling?

He certainly didn't do it with his so called better than everybody elses strength.

Soljer
He certainly didn't do it with his so called better than everybody elses strength.

Not to say that he couldn't have. But shit-stomping him with a single blast is somehow less impressive all the sudden?

Superboy Prime
This is strength exclusive, why bring blasting to the scene?

Soljer
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
This is strength exclusive, why bring blasting to the scene?

Nvr made the blatantly incorrect (how surprising) comment that Thanos couldn't handle morg.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.