Most Dagerous Country In The World..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

M.T. STYLE
Which country Do You Think Is The Most Dangerous To Live Or Travel?

Here's Some:
Colombia
Philippines
North Korea
Cambodia
Cuba
Iraq
Saudi Arabia
Iran
Brazil
Afghanistan
Sudan
Algeria
Yemen
Israel
El Salvador
Congo
Indonesia
Pakistan
Panama
Guatemela
Peru
Mexico
Venezula
South Africa

M.T. STYLE
Safe Place:
Mainly Europe
Singapore

Lord Urizen
Colombia ....im 50 % Colombian, i shuld know

Alliance
Somolia

~The Wickerman~
Let me refresh that cute list of yours smile

Colombia
Philippines
North Korea
Cambodia
Cuba
Iraq
Saudi Arabia
Iran
Brazil
Afghanistan
Sudan
Algeria
Yemen
Israel
El Salvador
Congo
Indonesia
Pakistan
Panama
Guatemela
Peru
Mexico
Venezula
South Africa
United States of America eyes

Syren
thumb up Nice, Wick stick out tongue

Add Transylvania and England on there and we're square.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Syren
thumb up Nice, Wick stick out tongue

Add Transylvania and England on there and we're square.

stick out tongue Funny thing is I've been to Indonesia and I can tell you I feel a lot safer walking around in Indonesia than I would feel getting on a bus in Belfast or taking the tube in London or visiting someone in a skyscraper in NY

Alliance
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
United States of America eyes

Maybe you should re-read the question.

Its what country is it most dangerous to LIVE IN or travel to.

The US is only dangerous if you're outside of it.

Syren
stick out tongue Funny thing is I've been to Indonesia and I can tell you I feel a lot safer walking around in Indonesia than I would feel getting on a bus in Belfast or taking the tube in London or visiting someone in a skyscraper in NY

Belfast, I wouldn't go to.

Alliance, surely 'travelling to' a country constitutes your being outside of said country? In order to travel to it, I mean.

botankus
Before I even opened the thread, I knew by post #10 that this discussion would be on the US, and the US only. I must be psychic!

Kudos to the people who have no freakin' clue that the US is 99.99% rural farmlands, woodlands, mountain ranges, and subdivisions while just .01% skyscrapers and Boyz N' The Hood shoot-em-up ghettovilles.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Alliance
The US is only dangerous if you're outside of it.

Wow.......denial must be a real blast eh? no expression

Fatima
Damned Isreal ...

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by botankus
Before I even opened the thread, I knew by post #10 that this discussion would be on the US, and the US only. I must be psychic!

Kudos to the people who have no freakin' clue that the US is 99.99% rural farmlands, woodlands, mountain ranges, and subdivisions while just .01% skyscrapers and Boyz N' The Hood shoot-em-up ghettovilles.

With all due respect my friend, if I were to move in to the US and live there or travel to the US, I would go to one of the large cities, not rural farmlands, woodlands and mountain ranges. As I recall, the OP was about "Live in or travel to" .

Also found it funny how there were so many third world countries in that list, yet the US which has a huge criminal rate in cities was not even mentioned.

botankus
With all due respect my friend, if I were to move in to the US and live there or travel to the US, I would go to one of the large cities, not rural farmlands, woodlands and mountain ranges. As I recall, the OP was about "Live in or travel to" .

Also found it funny how there were so many third world countries in that list, yet the US which has a huge criminal rate in cities was not even mentioned.

Then whoever made this thread should rephrase that to "Which big cities in which countries would be the most dangerous to live in or travel to?"

With all due respect my friend, if I were to move in to the US and live there or travel to the US, I would go to one of the large cities, not rural farmlands, woodlands and mountain ranges.

That's like saying Mexico is a beastiality perv's dream, because if I were going to move to Mexico, I'd only move to Tijuana.

I could walk 1000 miles in any direction from where I'm at, and given I don't die from overexertion or wandering out in the road, I guarantee I'd still be alive when I'm done walking. How many people could say the same thing about Iran or Afghanistan, for example?

p.s. I would do it but I'm out of shape. stick out tongue

Alliance
Alliance, surely 'travelling to' a country constitutes your being outside of said country? In order to travel to it, I mean.
Yeah, but its not dangerous while you're there.

Kudos to people who don't realize populaiton distribution in the us and don't understand cities. Hicks.

Wow.......denial must be a real blast eh? no expression

Wouldn't know. You tell me.

Originally posted by Fatima
Damned Isreal ...

Bias?

Alliance
overexertion

laughing The US has incredibly low taxes.

Also if I remeber correctly, NC doesn't pay a lot in taxes and recieves alot. Unlike states with cities who pay out their asses and get nothing. State welfare?

Again, the US has incredibly low taxes.

botankus
laughing The US has incredibly low taxes.

Also if I remeber correctly, NC doesn't pay a lot in taxes and recieves alot. Unlike states with cities who pay out their asses and get nothing. State welfare?

Again, the US has incredibly low taxes.

I can't believe I was called a hick by someone who equates the strain of walking 1000 miles (a little obvious, I might add) with taxes!

As said before, if you don't live here, you have no idea. I think 90% of the population doesn't live in these big cities which take up all of America, as you seem to think.

~The Wickerman~
Then whoever made this thread should rephrase that to "Which big cities in which countries would be the most dangerous to live in or travel to?"

That's like saying Mexico is a beastiality perv's dream, because if I were going to move to Mexico, I'd only move to Tijuana.

I could walk 1000 miles in any direction from where I'm at, and given I don't die from overexertion or wandering out in the road, I guarantee I'd still be alive when I'm done walking. How many people could say the same thing about Iran or Afghanistan, for example?

p.s. I would do it but I'm out of shape. stick out tongue

No, the title is good as it is. I was expressing my own personal opinion, because as I understand, this was a direct question to each individual that would like to reply. Perhaps someone would want to live in the farmlands or whatever in the US, however I would not, so I was expressing my own personal opinion.

If you were to walk 1000 miles in any direction from where you're at, I can tell you that I PERSONALLY would be more scared of drunk drivers, kids throwing stuff out of their car at me such as empty beer bottles, policemen harassing me and such than I would be in Iran or Afghanistan

botankus
If you were to walk 1000 miles in any direction from where you're at, I can tell you that I PERSONALLY would be more scared of drunk drivers, kids throwing stuff out of their car at me such as empty beer bottles, policemen harassing me and such than I would be in Iran or Afghanistan

Yes, the beer bottles thrown out of cars is an actual thing to be scared of, in all truth. People will throw shit at you if you're not careful, so I think you have all valid points. There aren't many guys wandering around on camels with uzi's however, so there may be an advantage in that department.

~The Wickerman~
Wouldn't know. You tell me.

Well I dunno.....saying that a country is dangerous only for people that live outside of it sounds pretty .......... delusional. Are you telling me that no US citizen has been killed by another US citizen? Or that no US citizen has died on US soil? Wow.... awesome country laughing out loud

botankus
I'm going to lunch. I hope I don't get gunned down in the Wachovia and Hardee's drive-thru's! I'm putting my life on the line here...everyone pray for me.

dirkdirden
If you are ever in Transylvania don't see Doctor Acula he takes too much blood..

I funny.

~The Wickerman~
Yes, the beer bottles thrown out of cars is an actual thing to be scared of, in all truth. People will throw shit at you if you're not careful, so I think you have all valid points. There aren't many guys wandering around on camels with uzi's however, so there may be an advantage in that department.

compare the number of drive-by shootings in the US with the number of ride-by shootings in Afghanistan smile

ps: I am not on some mission to make the US seem like the most dangerous country in the world or anything. I am just trying to point out it should have been on that list from the get go

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by dirkdirden
If you are ever in Transylvania don't see Doctor Acula he takes too much blood..

I funny.

Doctor Acula laughing out loud

cute

WrathfulDwarf
From what I heard Romania is pretty bad.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
From what I heard Romania is pretty bad.

If you mean bad as in "filled with bureaucracy and boring stuff" then yeah, it is. But then again, so are most countries sad

Gregory
compare the number of drive-by shootings in the US with the number of ride-by shootings in Afghanistan smile

ps: I am not on some mission to make the US seem like the most dangerous country in the world or anything. I am just trying to point out it should have been on that list from the get go

That would be completely retarded, so no. I'm going to assume that you meant compare the homicide rates. But that's impossible, because Afghanistan doesn't report their homicide rates.

If you made a list of most dangerous developed countries, the USA would belong on it, and near the top. It clearly doesn't belong on this one.

Mr. Sandman

You think the U.S. is just as dangerous as countries going through civil war?

You need a reality check. It's bad here, but not that bad.

dirkdirden
Originally posted by Gregory
That would be completely retarded, so no. I'm going to assume that you meant compare the homicide rates. But that's impossible, because Afghanistan doesn't report their homicide rates.

If you made a list of most dangerous developed countries, the USA would belong on it. It clearly doesn't belong on this one.

I still don't think the USA would be on it. You would have to take all of the USA into account not just the big cities but the small towns as well. The USA is very safe almost as safe as Canada.....but you did say developed countries so Canada wouldn't count.

Take it easy you bloody Canadian it was only a joke.

~The Wickerman~

If you made a list of most dangerous developed countries, the USA would belong on it. It clearly doesn't belong on this one.

My comment was a direct retort to the "people on camels with Uzzis trying to shoot you" comment. I didn't actually mean someone should do that (compare the two) unless they have no life and a lot of money that they don't need.

The OP did not mention that his list involves only developed countries or poorly developed countries. Given that, I find that the US should have also been on the list. The title mentions "Most dangerous country in the World". Consider that I just nominated the US for that list since the OP left it out smile

botankus
I made it back from lunch and am still alive! I did, however, see some dude on the corner of US-701 reading a newspaper. I floored it, fearing for my life! Luckily, he didn't sprint after me and knife me to death.

On a serious note, if anyone bothered to comprehend the dude that started this thread (M.T. Style or whatever), he makes threads like this on purpose. You know, intentionally leaving the U.S. out so as to start a fiery debate. Frankly, I'm surprised no one (including me) didn't point this out just as soon as the thread started.

PVS loves the guy.

Mr. Sandman
I made it back from lunch and am still alive! I did, however, see some dude on the corner of US-701 reading a newspaper. I floored it, fearing for my life! Luckily, he didn't sprint after me and knife me to death.

HAHA laughing

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman

You need a reality check. It's bad here, but not that bad.

Colombia
Philippines
North Korea
Cambodia
Cuba
Iraq
Saudi Arabia
Iran
Brazil
Afghanistan
Sudan
Algeria
Yemen
Israel
El Salvador
Congo
Indonesia
Pakistan
Panama
Guatemela
Peru
Mexico
Venezula
South Africa

According to you, at this time, these countries are all going through civil war is that correct?

Gregory
A partial list of countries with a higher murder rate then America. It's only a partial list, because not every country reports these statistics:

Colombia
South Africa
Jamaica
Venezuela
El Salvador
Guatemala
Russia
Ecuador
Kazakhstan
Bahamas
Swaziland
Mexico
Mongolia
Paraguay
Suriname
Panama
Argentina
Lithuania
Papua New Guinea
Latvia
Thailand
Zimbabwe
Belarus
Kyrgyzstan
Zambia
Tajikistan
Tanzania
Barbados
Ukraine
Seychelles
Uganda
Estonia
Moldova
Sri Lanka
Namibia
Costa Rica
Georgia
Albania
Uruguay

Wickerman, if you honestly believe that the USA is one of the most dangerous countries in the world, you're a clown. There's no nice way to ay that, so I won't try.

~The Wickerman~

On a serious note, if anyone bothered to comprehend the dude that started this thread (M.T. Style or whatever), he makes threads like this on purpose. You know, intentionally leaving the U.S. out so as to start a fiery debate. Frankly, I'm surprised no one (including me) didn't point this out just as soon as the thread started.

PVS loves the guy.

laughing out loud Pfff......don't be silly. That dude didn't wanna shoot you. He was obviously from the NSA, spying on your every single move, cause that's what the US government does shifty

Yeah, I can see how it's a bait, but it is an interesting discussion how some people would consider the US as not a dangerous-to-live-in country.

~The Wickerman~
A partial list of countries with a higher murder rate then America. It's only a partial list, because not every country reports these statistics:

Colombia
South Africa
Jamaica
Venezuela
El Salvador
Guatemala
Russia
Ecuador
Kazakhstan
Bahamas
Swaziland
Mexico
Mongolia
Paraguay
Suriname
Panama
Argentina
Lithuania
Papua New Guinea
Latvia
Thailand
Zimbabwe
Belarus
Kyrgyzstan
Zambia
Tajikistan
Tanzania
Barbados
Ukraine
Seychelles
Uganda
Estonia
Moldova
Sri Lanka
Namibia
Costa Rica
Georgia
Albania
Uruguay

Wickerman, if you honestly believe that the USA is one of the most dangerous countries in the world, you're a clown. There's no nice way to ay that, so I won't try.

I'd really love it if you could please point out where you got that list from.

Also, you did not reply to my message.

Also, if after two pages of my saying "all I'm saying is that the US should be on that list" you are still under the impression I'm trying to say the US is the most dangerous, then you're functionally retarded smile

See how it's not nice to put words in people's mouths and assume? So don't do it mkay? smile

Soleran
Yeah, I can see how it's a bait, but it is an interesting discussion how some people would consider the US as not a dangerous-to-live-in country.

Because as a whole it's not dangerous, unless you want to write out a super detailed definition of dangerous for me to respond to in regards to living in the USA.

Gregory
The USA isn't a dangerous country to live in. Just stay out of a few of its cities.

(Specifically, stay the hell out of DC. People think NYC is dangerous? NYC has nothing on DC)

dirkdirden

PVS loves the guy.

That is a dangerous thing to say. The dude might be a nut job and he is going to wait for you with a icepick behind his news paper and shank your ass and scream out * Told you the US was dangerous *

botankus
What happened to that dude who called me a hick? Where'd he go to? I just wanted to tell him about our progress. Within the next few years, we're getting the Internet down here!!!!

Originally posted by dirkdirden
That is a dangerous thing to say. The dude might be a nut job and he is going to wait for you with a icepick behind his news paper and shank your ass and scream out * Told you the US was dangerous *

Yeah, it could have been someone in this thread who needed to show me first hand the brutal violence we go through every second of every day.

Robtard
The USA isn't a dangerous country to live in. Just stay out of a few of its cities.

(Specifically, stay the hell out of DC. People think NYC is dangerous? NYC has nothing on DC)

Not cities really, just a few choice parts of certain cities. I went to DC a few months back, it was decent.

Overall, the most dangerous places to travel are generally third world countries, poverty has a direct affect on crime. The more desperate the people are, the higher chance that you as a tourist will be attacked in some way.

and.. to whomever is saying "America is dangerous", I suggest you stop watching "Boys N The Hood"

~The Wickerman~

As far as I am aware, the US population is around 296 million people.

According to:
http://www.demographia.com/db-urban2000state.htm

About 222 million people live in cities (urban population). Now I'm sure the criminal rates are not the same in all cities, but still...the whole "the US isn't just cities" argument seems to be sort of failing.

Thanks for letting me know about DC. I'll be sure to watch my back if I'm ever in the neighborhood wink

Gregory

According to:

About 222 million people live in cities (urban population). Now I'm sure the criminal rates are not the same in all cities, but still...the whole "the US isn't just cities" argument seems to be sort of failing.

Thanks for letting me know about DC. I'll be sure to watch my back if I'm ever in the neighborhood wink

Did I say to avoid cities? Did I say to avoid cities? Does "stay out of a few of its cities" sound even remotely like, "the US is fine except for its cities" to you?

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Robtard
Overall, the most dangerous places to travel are generally third world countries, poverty has a direct affect on crime. The more desperate the people are, the higher chance that you as a tourist will be attacked in some way.

US Population below poverty line: 12% (2004 est.)

Indonesia Population below poverty line: 16.7% (2004)

Taken from www.cia.gov . Not such a huge difference, is it?

Soleran

Makes me wonder if all poverty is created equal.

~The Wickerman~
I am deeply wounded that I have to explain my post to you but here goes:

On the 1st page I had said I think the US should also be in the list due to the criminal rate. Botankus mentioned it is much higher in the cities and the large portion of the country is not made out of the cities. I continued by mentioning I would be interested in cities, because if I were to "live in or travel to" like the OP said, it would be cities, not rural locations. When you mentioned DC being dangerous, I remembered that and wanted to reply, since I earlier forgot to.

Robtard

4% is a large difference when talking about populations & a poor U.S. citizen is probably not as poor as a poor Indonesian. A poor U.S. Citizen has access to welfare, food, medical care while a poor Indonesian does not or not to the same level. Any other "facts" you care to throw my way?

Do you really want to compare a poor Somalian over a poor guy in Kansas in respects to living conditions?

botankus

According to:

Okay, now it comes down to, what the hell is classified as "urban?"

Utah 2 million urban ghetto dwellers?
Even Alaska chips in with half a million urbanites.

According to this, my "Hick" state has 4.8 of 8.6 million (56%) living in urban areas! Now let me break this down. My city, Raleigh, has 400,000 people in it - about 200,000 or more of them living in suburbs or places where 90-lb. soccer moms are driving their SUV's around town and don't go anywhere near machine guns. And yes, they live in the city and are classified as urban residents because they are in the Wake County limits. You wouldn't find a crime within 20 miles of most of these places. You'd only find them in the SE section of downtown and just west of the city. That probably includes a whopping 10,000 people.

Come on, stop using numbers instead of your brain. You're starting to sound like a Cincinnati Bengals fan.

Gregory
4% is a large difference when talking about populations & a poor U.S. citizen is probably not as poor as a poor Indonesian. A poor U.S. Citizen has access to welfare, food, medical care while a poor Indonesian does not or not to the same level. Any other "facts" you care to throw my way?

Do you really want to compare a poor Somalian over a poor guy in Kansas in respects to living conditions?

Indeed. Among other things, the unemployment rate in Indonesia is over twice the unemployment rate of the USA. It boggles the mind that anyone would seriously suggest that Indonesia and the USA are economically similar.

Come on, stop using numbers instead of your brain.

There's some good advise.

Robtard
Indeed. Among other things, the unemployment rate in Indonesia is over twice the unemployment rate of the USA. It boggles the mind that anyone would seriously suggest that Indonesia and the USA are economically similar.

He is biased and he's reaching for anything to reinforce his views, no matter how ridiculous it may be.

~The Wickerman~

I agree that 4% is quite a lot however the point is that the US is not quite that better off as it might think.

Also, the "a poor US citizen vs. a poor Indonesian citizen" argument sounds cool to me. I suggest you send it to the CIA and show them the error of their ways thumb up

Mr. Sandman

Colombia
Philippines
North Korea
Cambodia
Cuba
Iraq
Saudi Arabia
Iran
Brazil
Afghanistan
Sudan
Algeria
Yemen
Israel
El Salvador
Congo
Indonesia
Pakistan
Panama
Guatemela
Peru
Mexico
Venezula
South Africa

According to you, at this time, these countries are all going through civil war is that correct?

Did I say "all" anywhere in my post? If you're going to call someone out, understand what it is they are saying.

Iraq and several countries in Africa are going through civil war. You just compared the United States to those countries.

See how it's not nice to put words in people's mouths and assume? So don't do it mkay? smile

How disgustingly ironic.

Not even, only stay out of sections of said cities.

Da preacher
Somalia

Gregory
Fine .. great

And the CIA isn't commenting on the quality of life of the people below the poverty line. You're just embarrassing yourself, kid.

(Since two different people have called me on it: Most or all "dangerous" cities are indeed safe in most areas; I should have been more specific.)

~The Wickerman~
Okay, now it comes down to, what the hell is classified as "urban?"

Utah 2 million urban ghetto dwellers?
Even Alaska chips in with half a million urbanites.

According to this, my "Hick" state has 4.8 of 8.6 million (56%) living in urban areas! Now let me break this down. My city, Raleigh, has 400,000 people in it - about 200,000 or more of them living in suburbs or places where 90-lb. soccer moms are driving their SUV's around town and don't go anywhere near machine guns. And yes, they live in the city and are classified as urban residents because they are in the Wake County limits. You wouldn't find a crime within 20 miles of most of these places. You'd only find them in the SE section of downtown and just west of the city. That probably includes a whopping 10,000 people.

Come on, stop using numbers instead of your brain. You're starting to sound like a Cincinnati Bengals fan.

Funny that when I come up with official proof you mention I should stop using numbers and use my brain when you were the first person who used numbers:

"99.99% rural farmlands, woodlands, mountain ranges, and subdivisions".

I am not sure as to what the CIA consider "urban", but if you wish to find out I suggest asking them. As for the area you live in, I am sure Raleigh is a great place where there are no murders or beatings or anything criminal related as opposed to those damn Middle-Eastern countries where killing people is a national sport, in cities, rural farmlands, etc. laughing out loud

~The Wickerman~
He is biased and he's reaching for anything to reinforce his views, no matter how ridiculous it may be.

Similarly, you are biased and will not accept a different point of view, answer an inquiry or support anything with solid proof. America, **** yeah!!!!!!! laughing out loud

Mr. Sandman
As for the area you live in, I am sure Raleigh is a great place where there are no murders or beatings or anything criminal related as opposed to those damn Middle-Eastern countries where killing people is a national sport, in cities, rural farmlands, etc. laughing out loud

This is what the hell I was talking about.

You are comparing the United States with countries that have WARS going on inside their borders.

WHY can you not understand the difference?

Gregory
I can't speak of Robtard, but I don't even like America. That doesn't make the things you've been saying any less stupid.

botankus
Funny that when I come up with official proof you mention I should stop using numbers and use my brain when you were the first person who used numbers:

"99.99% rural farmlands, woodlands, mountain ranges, and subdivisions".

I thought it was obvious that when someone uses the number 99%, 99.9%, or 99.99%, they are more concerned with proving a point from common sense than providing statistical data and basing their opinion on it.

Dunno, it should have been obvious, but then again, I didn't use statistics to clarify that.

Robtard
I agree that 4% is quite a lot however the point is that the US is not quite that better off as it might think.

Also, the "a poor US citizen vs. a poor Indonesian citizen" argument sounds cool to me. I suggest you send it to the CIA and show them the error of their ways thumb up

"Quite that better off" in what respects? In respects to this thread, yes, it is "quite the better off" as it is a safe country to travel to.

What does the CIA have anything to do with the thread? You compared poverty rates between a 3rd world country and the U.S. on the notion that 'poor is poor', I showed you the error of your ways. Poor in one country is far different than poor in another. A poor man in America is far less likely to mug a tourist for his camera than a poor man in India might. Why you ask? Because a poor man in Colorado has a far higher standard of living than a poor man in Calcutta generally speaking.

Similarly, you are biased and will not accept a different point of view, answer an inquiry or support anything with solid proof. America, **** yeah!!!!!!! laughing out loud

Actually, the facts destroy your points. If America was an unsafe country to trave to, I would say "America is an unsafe country to travel to".

~The Wickerman~
Did I say "all" anywhere in my post? If you're going to call someone out, understand what it is they are saying.

Nope, you said

If you're going to say something, make sure you express yourself clearly so that you can be understood.

Iraq and several countries in Africa are going through civil war. You just compared the United States to those countries.

And several of the countries in the list are NOT going through civil war. I did not compare the US to the countries going through civil war. My point was that it is a dangerous country to live in or travel to and so should be in the list. I believe this is the 5th of 6th time I have said this. Hopefully you will not need me to draw you a picture smile

How disgustingly ironic.

My friend, you are also apparently impervious to sarcasm. Very very sad sad

~The Wickerman~
And the CIA isn't commenting on the quality of life of the people below the poverty line. You're just embarrassing yourself, kid.

Those links regarding the poverty status of Indonesia and the US were a direct response to someone mentioning that the most dangerous countries are the ones that are poor. I thought that would be obvious since I was quoting the person.

Also, I am answering comments with facts and logical information. You, my beautiful opponents are answering me with simple statements and insults smile

~The Wickerman~
I thought it was obvious that when someone uses the number 99%, 99.9%, or 99.99%, they are more concerned with proving a point from common sense than providing statistical data and basing their opinion on it.

Dunno, it should have been obvious, but then again, I didn't use statistics to clarify that.

Common sense = great and wonderful. Statistics has debunked the point that "common sense" was making. smile

Robtard
Those links regarding the poverty status of Indonesia and the US were a direct response to someone mentioning that the most dangerous countries are the ones that are poor. I thought that would be obvious since I was quoting the person.

Also, I am answering comments with facts and logical information. You, my beautiful opponents are answering me with simple statements and insults smile

There is nothing logical about what you are saying. Poverty isn't equal across the board. That is a fact.

A poor family in the U.K. or the U.S. is generally far better off than a poor family in Somalia or India.

A poor family in a 3rd world country generally doesn't have access to electricity or indoor plumbing while a poor family in America has both. See the difference?

botankus
I'm done with this dude. He can go back to thinking that waking up in America resembles a playing level in Ghost Recon. Obviously nothing will convince him otherwise.

Sandman, Greg, and Robby, you all had good points. Later.

~The Wickerman~
"Quite that better off" in what respects? In respects to this thread, yes, it is "quite the better off" as it is a safe country to travel to.

What does the CIA have anything to do with the thread? You compared poverty rates between a 3rd world country and the U.S. on the notion that 'poor is poor', I showed you the error of your ways. Poor in one country is far different than poor in another. A poor man in America is far less likely to mug a tourist for his camera than a poor man in India might. Why you ask? Because a poor man in Colorado has a far higher standard of living than a poor man in Calcutta generally speaking.

Actually, the facts destroy your points. If America was an unsafe country to trave to, I would say "America is an unsafe country to travel to".

"quite that better off" in respects to the poverty rate. I was hoping that would be obvious. The US is a safe country to travel to is it? No tourists in the US have had anything bad happen to them have they? Or do you mean "It's less likely you would be mugged, beaten, raped or killed than if you go to one of those horrible poor countries" ? Mind you, I am asking, not SAYING that's what you mean.

The CIA is the source of the information both for the US and for Indonesia that I presented earlier. That is what they have to do with the thread. You did not debunk the argument that the principles of "poverty" are different, since those statistics were both made by the same institution, which happens to be the CIA.

Aaah, well if you don't say that America is unsafe, then it is definitely safe thumb up laughing out loud

~The Wickerman~
I'm done with this dude. He can go back to thinking that waking up in America resembles a playing level in Ghost Recon. Obviously nothing will convince him otherwise.

Sandman, Greg, and Robby, you all had good points. Later.

Wow....I find it really really amusing that you guys simply will not get the point. Here it is, one final time. I have been saying this for 4 pages now. I am not saying that the US is a horrible dangerous place, simply that it does have a place in a list of countries that are dangerous to travel to or live in.

This whole debate exists because you guys will not evolve past the point of "But America is kewl!!!!111oneone and there's no danger here, nope sir, no danger. It's dem damn poor folk who's kidnappin an killin people in them countries in Asia".

As mentioned, I do not believe the US is the most dangerous country to live in or anything like that. I will re-place the post I placed on the first page of this thread. Perhaps you will READ it, not just LOOK at it, and understand my point:

Robtard
"quite that better off" in respects to the poverty rate. I was hoping that would be obvious. The US is a safe country to travel to is it? No tourists in the US have had anything bad happen to them have they? Or do you mean "It's less likely you would be mugged, beaten, raped or killed than if you go to one of those horrible poor countries" ? Mind you, I am asking, not SAYING that's what you mean.

The CIA is the source of the information both for the US and for Indonesia that I presented earlier. That is what they have to do with the thread. You did not debunk the argument that the principles of "poverty" are different, since those statistics were both made by the same institution, which happens to be the CIA.

Aaah, well if you don't say that America is unsafe, then it is definitely safe thumb up laughing out loud

You're acting like a clown... a fact you need to let sink in:

Fun Fact) All countries and I mean ALL countries have had tourist killed, murdered, raped, robed etc.

Yes, it is far less likely that a tourist will be mugged or murdered in America than in a 3rd world country, that is exactly what I am saying. And yes, it is possible for a tourist to travel to both Calcutta and New York in the same year and have nothing happen to him in Calcutta but he gets mugged in New York. But generally speaking, Calcutta is more dangerous as it pertains to the thread.

No, I am saying that America is a safe place to travel as the statistics back up this claim. Like I said, stop watching "Boys N the Hood", the majority of America isn't a gangland where thugs are shooting wildly.

Mr. Sandman
Oooh, haven't had one of these in a while.

Nope, you said

If you're going to say something, make sure you express yourself clearly so that you can be understood.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to the mentally impaired. I'll speak to you like you are 6 years old next time.

I also like how you didn't answer the question and instead attacked it because you couldn't understand it.

I wasn't talking about those countries, although if I pull some crime stats for you, all of them will be higher than the United States.

The United States is a stable first world country, putting it in league with third world countries and countries going through war is, simply put, idiotic.

Hypocrisy and sarcasm are not mutually exclusive.

Try another insult, maybe when you read up on the English language.

~The Wickerman~
You're acting like a clown... a fact you need to let sink in:

Fun Fact) All countries and I mean ALL countries have had tourist killed, murdered, raped, robed etc.

Yes, it is far less likely that a tourist will be mugged or murdered in America than in a 3rd world country. That is exactly what I am saying. Yes, it is possible for a tourist to travel to both Calcutta and New York in the same year and have nothing happen to him in Calcutta but he gets mugged in New York. But generally speaking, Calcutta is more dangerous as it pertains to the thread.

No, I am saying that America is a safe place to travel as the statistics back up this claim. Like I said, stop watching "Boys N the Hood", the majority of America isn't a gangland where thugs are shooting wildly.

Wow, great post thumb up

The best part is the last paragraph. First of all, I have no idea what "Boys N the Hood" is. I have provided several statistics and actual facts earlier in the thread. You mention "as the statistics back up this claim". Please provide me with the statistics. smile

Robtard
Wow, great post thumb up

The best part is the last paragraph. First of all, I have no idea what "Boys N the Hood" is. I have provided several statistics and actual facts earlier in the thread. You mention "as the statistics back up this claim". Please provide me with the statistics. smile

It was a great post, it blew your next clownshoe tactic of "tourist have been killed, so therefore America is unsafe!" rant I suspect you were about to unleash.

Your statistics are pointless. Who cares that Indonesia only has a 4% greater rate of poverty compared with America. I have explained and re-explaiend that poverty levels are not equal across the board.

What statistics would you like? Percentage of tourist that were maliciously harmed in America, or the fact that America has never been on any other countries list as a "Red Zone" for tourist? Shit, even terrorist feel safe coming here.

Gregory
You have provided exactly two statistic: Indonesia's poverty rate, and America's population distribution. How you imagine either of those supports your argument is beyond me.

You've also said that North Carolina is more dangerous then Afghanistan.

~The Wickerman~
Oooh, haven't had one of these in a while.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to the mentally impaired. I'll speak to you like you are 6 years old next time.
I wasn't talking about those countries, although if I pull some crime stats for you, all of them will be higher than the United States.
The United States is a stable first world country, putting it in league with third world countries and countries going through war is, simply put, idiotic.
Hypocrisy and sarcasm are not mutually exclusive.
Try another insult, maybe when you read up on the English language.

Petty insults do nothing except show that you are unable of coming up with a witty response sad . If you would use the English language properly, misunderstandings like the previous one would not occur.

You mentioned comparing the US to the countries going through civil war is stupid. The discussion was about the list in the OP. I was comparing the US to the countries in that list. Not all the countries in that list are going through civil war. Again, your wording was incorrect which led to another misunderstanding.

We are discussing certain aspects of those countries, not comparing things like industrial power and such, so comparing a first world country to a third world country is not idiotic. Your reasoning however on the other hand...well....

Please let me explain as obviously you are hurting yourself trying to understand. You initially said "if you honestly believe that the USA is one of the most dangerous countries in the world, you're a clown." That was not only a misinterpretation, but also an assumption. I replied with a "misinterpretation" and "assumption" of my own to show you the error of your ways. That is Sarcasm, not hypocrisy smile

Mr. Sandman
You have provided exactly two statistic: Indonesia's poverty rate, and America's population distribution. How you imagine either of those supports your argument is beyond me.

You've also said that North Carolina is safer then Afghanistan.

One of which is incorrect, seeing that as of Tuesday October 18th 2006, America passed 300 million. We aren't near 296 Million people anymore.

~The Wickerman~
It was a great post, it blew your next clownshoe tactic of "tourist have been killed, so therefore America is unsafe!" rant I suspect you were about to unleash.

Your statistics are pointless. Who cares that Indonesia only has a 4% greater rate of poverty compared with America. I have explained and re-explaiend that poverty levels are not equal across the board.

What statistics would you like? Percentage of tourist that were maliciously harmed in America, or the fact that America has never been on any other countries list as a "Red Zone" for tourist? Shit, even terrorist feel safe coming here.

Assuming what I am about to say is a tricky thing and I'm not sure if you can handle it smile Also please note my posts have been clear, logical, to the point and organized. Most of yours have unfortunately been quite erratic and as to be mentioned below, filled with nothing but statements.

My statistics are statistics. Your "explanations" are just STATEMENTS which hold no value whatsoever without being backed up by something.

A comparison of number of tourists injured, killed or having had something stolen in America vs. the other countries in the list would be very good if you can get one from a reliable source thumb up .

As for your last sentence................if you can't see how you just buried the argument that the US is safe.....I pray for the future of humanity

Syren
Stop bitching at each other. I did start reading all the responses in this thread but they're peppered with petty insults and it got boring. It's like you're using factual information to decorate your swipes at one another, rather than the other way around. It's ridiculous either way nono

~The Wickerman~
One of which is incorrect, seeing that as of Tuesday October 18th 2006, America passed 300 million. We aren't near 296 Million people anymore.

If you have more recent ones from a reliable source, please post them thumb up

Gregory

I think my favorite part of all this is how the thread is entitled "Most Dangerous Countries in the World," and Wickerman put America on the list, and now he's stuck whining that just because he put America on the list, and thinks North Carolina is more dangerous then Afghanistan, it doesn't mean he thinks America is all that dangerous, and why can't we understand him?

botankus
Stop bitching at each other. I did start reading all the responses in this thread but they're peppered with petty insults and it got boring. It's like you're using factual information to decorate your swipes at one another, rather than the other way around. It's ridiculous either way nono
I agree, Syren. I've always said you should never resort to slander, petty insults, or derogatory name-calling on a message board, even if the guy is a complete ****ing jack***.

Originally posted by silver_tears
I find that statistic slightly ridiculous roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't you start, too, Irene!!! stick out tongue Wow, I quoted a post before it was even made!

You must not have read a post a few pages back where I explain how to use 99.9% percentage terminology.

silver_tears

I find that statistic slightly ridiculous roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'd add rural Brazil to that list, although I'm completely biased having seen Turistas.

~The Wickerman~
I think my favorite part of all this is how the thread is entitled "Most Dangerous Countries in the World," and Wickerman put America on the list, and now he's stuck whining that just because he put America on the list, and thinks North Carolina is more dangerous then Afghanistan, it doesn't mean he thinks America is all that dangerous, and why can't we understand him?

Please quote the post where I said that North Carolina is more dangerous than Afghanistan. If not, please admit to having consumed too many narcotics to know what you are reading. Thanks smile

Robtard
Assuming what I am about to say is a tricky thing and I'm not sure if you can handle it smile Also please note my posts have been clear, logical, to the point and organized. Most of yours have unfortunately been quite erratic and as to be mentioned below, filled with nothing but statements.

My statistics are statistics. Your "explanations" are just STATEMENTS which hold no value whatsoever without being backed up by something.

A comparison of number of tourists injured, killed or having had something stolen in America vs. the other countries in the list would be very good if you can get one from a reliable source thumb up .

As for your last sentence................if you can't see how you just buried the argument that the US is safe.....I pray for the future of humanity

I am glad you see yourself as the 'Cranial Colossus', I'll try to avoid having my feeble mind trampled by your might...

Alright then, if I guessed wrong, then why exactly did you make the statement/question "No tourists in the US have had anything bad happen to them have they?" What was the purpose of it?

Your statistics are irrelevant to the thread. Shall I post the statistics about about the infant mortality rate in Mongolia?

I'll see what I can find, but like I mentioned, America has never been declared a tourist "Red Zone" by any country.

How exactly does my last sentence bury anything? Where thousands upon thousands of tourist killed in the 9/11 attacks? Do terrorist attacks plague the U.S.? The answer to both is "No" so no need to "pray for the future of humanity", which I am sure you thought by saying was really deep and had some meaning. But it wasn't.

silver_tears
Random fact, the states are the world's largest consumer of cocaine hmm

PVS
this:

is one of the stupidest things ever said at kmc, and the fact that he would so adamantly defend this view deserves much ridicule

Gregory
You clearly said you'd be more afraid to walk a thousand miles in North Carolina (which is what botankus has as his location; I suppose he could be lying) then you would be in Afghanistan. You wanted me to quote you?

~The Wickerman~
I am glad you see yourself as the 'Cranial Colossus', I'll try to avoid having my feeble mind trampled by your might...

Alright then, if I guessed wrong, then why exactly did you make the statement/question "No tourists in the US have had anything bad happen to them have they?" What was the purpose of it?

Your statistics are irrelevant to the thread. Shall I post the statistics about about the infant mortality rate in Mongolia?

How exactly does my last sentence bury anything? Where thousands upon thousands of tourist killed in the 9/11 attacks? Do terrorist attacks plague the U.S.? The answer to both is "No".

I really don't consider you guys stupid, seriously now. I just think you're taking things a bit too far in defending the US, and not using logic anymore. I wanna like you guys and debate with you guys and the insults and stuff are making that hard.

Because the previous post that I had quoted said "it is a safe country to travel to" referring to the US.

My statistics were a direct response to the "poor countries are dangerous" idea that was being put forth. They are not irrelevant, and if you want me to explain why, I will proceed.

Terrorist attacks do not plague most countries in that list either. However, the US has been known to be the target of terrorist activity, and your statement that terrorists feel safe going there did nothing but further the idea that terrorism is an extra risk.

botankus
North Carolina (which is what botankus has as his location; I suppose he could be lying

No, man, I'm really from Kabul. Tonight I'm going for a family walk down to the park with my kids. There, we'll sip champagne underneath the moonlight and listen to the Pops in the Park. We're going to bring a butter knife for protection.

Syren
I agree, Syren. I've always said you should never resort to slander, petty insults, or derogatory name-calling on a message board, even if the guy is a complete ****ing jack***.

He's not, actually. You're basing that assumption on one discussion with him, in one thread, in one forum. I honestly didn't think you were so superficial mhm

And may I point out, the thread starter asked which are the most 'dagerous' countries in the world. Do any of you know what the word 'dagerous' means? If not, your arguments are invalid stick out tongue

PVS
I really don't consider you guys stupid, seriously now. I just think you're taking things a bit too far in defending the US

the hell with the u.s.
im offended by such ignorance as to try to factually trivialise 2 war infested countries where hundreds of civilians may be killed in a day.

what, the u.s. is dangerous? fine thats an opinion. have it.

more dangerous that afghanistan and iraq? thats pure idiocy

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by PVS
this:

is one of the stupidest things ever said at kmc, and the fact that he would so adamantly defend this view deserves much ridicule

I have been to the US, however I have not been to Iran or Afghanistan. I have seen people throwing stuff out of their cars AT PEOPLE and laughing all the way. I am betting you have also. Therefore I know it is done in the US. I have also heard and seen many news about other crazy shit happening on US highways.

Concerning Iran or Afghanistan, I have not heard or seen such news, other than what was shown as being kidnappings of tourists. This has been extremely rare and as such using logic I came to the conclusion it would be safer to take my chances there. Have you had first hand bad experiences in Iran or Afghanistan simply walking around? Nope...didn't think so.

Given this, my opinion is just as justified and valid as your own, and as such, calling it "stupid" and "deserving of ridicule" shows only how narrow minded you can be at times PVS.

WrathfulDwarf
You won't believe how bad it is here in the US.

This morning on my way to work I stop at Starbucks for a cup of coffee. When all of the sudden.....nothing happen.

Well, if you think that's bad. I pick up a newspaper from the candy stand and guess what happen? The paper was right there! I mean whoah...shocking!

Even worse, last night when I was returning some DVD's to my local video store....I was late! But the store guy didn't charged me any late fees.

I'm telling you... I'm scare of living here. I can't even walk on the park....I might see joggers running. I can't live like this anymore.

botankus
He's not, actually. You're basing that assumption on one discussion with him, in one thread, in one forum. I honestly didn't think you were so superficial mhm

And may I point out, the thread starter asked which are the most 'dagerous' countries in the world. Do any of you know what the word 'dagerous' means? If not, your arguments are invalid stick out tongue

Yeah, I think the guy's posted somewhere or another in here and probably not that bad.

Meh, tomorrow Robtard could be arguing with Gregory or PVS may be at his wit's end trying to fend off debbiejo. It's all relative to the topic, I suppose.

~The Wickerman~
You clearly said you'd be more afraid to walk a thousand miles in North Carolina (which is what botankus has as his location; I suppose he could be lying) then you would be in Afghanistan. You wanted me to quote you?

Correct. Thanks for the quote thumb up I had completely forgotten about that and apologize for the previous slip-of-the-tongue insult.

Robtard
I really don't consider you guys stupid, seriously now. I just think you're taking things a bit too far in defending the US, and not using logic anymore. I wanna like you guys and debate with you guys and the insults and stuff are making that hard.

Because the previous post that I had quoted said "it is a safe country to travel to" referring to the US.

My statistics were a direct response to the "poor countries are dangerous" idea that was being put forth. They are not irrelevant, and if you want me to explain why, I will proceed.

Terrorist attacks do not plague most countries in that list either. However, the US has been known to be the target of terrorist activity, and your statement that terrorists feel safe going there did nothing but further the idea that terrorism is an extra risk.

It's not defending the U.S. for the sake of defending it. You are saying that America 'is one of the most dangerous', and it simply isn't so.

That's makes no sense at all, all countries have had tourist casualties you can certainly agree with, then by your rational, all countries should be on the list. Come on now, you were going for the "Tourist have been killed in America, therefore it is unsafe" angle.

Yes, 3rd world countries are the most dangerous as poverty has a direct affect on crime rats. Please do explain your point though then. Do keep in mind though that all poverty isn't the same.

If terrorism where wide spread and bombs were going off on a daily basis like they are in certain parts of Israel or Iraq currently,then yes, your point would have merit. But the fact remains that America isn't under heavy terrorist attack so your point once again is pointless.

Syren
You won't believe how bad it is here in the US.

This morning on my way to work I stop at Starbucks for a cup of coffee. When all of the sudden.....nothing happen.

Well, if you think that's bad. I pick up a newspaper from the candy stand and guess what happen? The paper was right there! I mean whoah...shocking!

Even worse, last night when I was returning some DVD's to my local video store....I was late! But the store guy didn't charged me any late fees.

I'm telling you... I'm scare of living here. I can't even walk on the park....I might see joggers running. I can't live like this anymore.

I expected better of you too, WD. Honestly, sarcasm = braindead happy

Gregory
...are you serious?

For my part, I have lived in America for twenty-two years and never seen anyone throw something at a person from out of a moving car, so you'd lose your bet.

PVS
I have been to the US, however I have not been to Iran or Afghanistan.

i think you're lying. no, i know it.

I have seen people throwing stuff out of their cars AT PEOPLE and laughing all the way. I am betting you have also. Therefore I know it is done in the US. I have also heard and seen many news about other crazy shit happening on US highways.

Concerning Iran or Afghanistan, I have not heard or seen such news, other than what was shown as being kidnappings of tourists. This has been extremely rare and as such using logic I came to the conclusion it would be safer to take my chances there. Have you had first hand bad experiences in Iran or Afghanistan simply walking around? Nope...didn't think so.

Given this, my opinion is just as justified and valid as your own, and as such, calling it "stupid" and "deserving of ridicule" shows only how narrow minded you can be at times PVS.

i LIVE in the u.s.
in jersey, the most densely populated and possibly most crime ridden state. never had anything thrown out a car at me, and fyi i worked on the njturnpike for 3 summers in the maintenance department. so, i spent 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, working on the shoulder of one of the busiest highways in america and never had a frikin thing thrown at me. does that make me qualified to call you out on your bullshit?

meanwhile there are WARS in iraq and afghanistan, of which you have not experienced. so maybe you should shut your flapping lying noise hole.

lying and trying to blowhard your way to the win is a fruitless tactic worthy of recognition in a certain other thread.

Robtard
I have been to the US, however I have not been to Iran or Afghanistan. I have seen people throwing stuff out of their cars AT PEOPLE and laughing all the way. I am betting you have also. Therefore I know it is done in the US. I have also heard and seen many news about other crazy shit happening on US highways.

Guess what, I bet you people in Japan and Ireland also throw stuff and "laugh all the way", maybe even where you live too?

Then go to Iran or Afghanistan if you sincerely feel they are safer and nothing would be thrown at you. I bet you won't though because you know better.

JacopeX
Originally posted by M.T. STYLE
Which country Do You Think Is The Most Dangerous To Live Or Travel?

Here's Some:
Colombia
Philippines
North Korea
Cambodia
Cuba
Iraq
Saudi Arabia
Iran
Brazil
Afghanistan
Sudan
Algeria
Yemen
Israel
El Salvador
Congo
Indonesia
Pakistan
Panama
Guatemela
Peru
Mexico
Venezula
South Africa Peru...........10-50 years ago would fit there

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by PVS
the hell with the u.s.
im offended by such ignorance as to try to factually trivialise 2 war infested countries where hundreds of civilians may be killed in a day.

what, the u.s. is dangerous? fine thats an opinion. have it.

more dangerous that afghanistan and iraq? thats pure idiocy

You mean as opposed to a country who's members started a war with Vietnam, one with North Korea, and several recent ones?

Hundreds of civilians can't be killed in a day in the US? Are you sure about that? Because I'm not. Hate-crimes, muggings, rapings, murders, break-ins, and possible terrorist attacks count for nothing eh?

And what exactly is it that you're basing the fact that it's idiocy on? Because the US attacked Iran and Afghanistan and bombed them to shit and so it might be dangerous to be there, even though you have no real information on what those countries are like?

WrathfulDwarf

That wasn't sarcarsm. That stuff really happen to me. It happens every now and then. Except for stopping at Starbucks....I occasionaly stop by 7-11 on Thursdays.

Syren
That wasn't sarcarsm. That stuff really happen to me. It happens everyday. Except for stopping at Starbucks....I occasionaly stop by 7-11 on Thursdays.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I wasn't referring to the actual events, or lack of them. I meant the way you presented the information and your intention behind sharing the information with everyone. You sly ol' dog, you stick out tongue

botankus
I'm at work here trying to have serious conversations with co-workers, and I can't get that "throwing stuff out of cars on the highway" thing out of my head. They must think I'm on something, 'cause I've got a severe case of the giggles here. I need to ask my boss if I can leave soon.

silver_tears

I think you mean bad sarcasm=braindead, because that was pure crap happy

PVS
You mean as opposed to a country who's members started a war with Vietnam, one with North Korea, and several recent ones?

dont switch topics. thats sad and weak. makes me want to either hug you out of sympathy or just punch you....maybe both.

i agree that the u.s. is the most dangerous nation in terms of foreign policy, but that is not the topic.

Hundreds of civilians can't be killed in a day in the US? Are you sure about that? Because I'm not. Hate-crimes, muggings, rapings, murders, break-ins, and possible terrorist attacks count for nothing eh?

And what exactly is it that you're basing the fact that it's idiocy on? Because the US attacked Iran and Afghanistan and bombed them to shit and so it might be dangerous to be there, even though you have no real information on what those countries are like?

i really want you to move to baghdad. not so you'll see the truth of it all, but simply so you'll get bombed and ill never have to read your idiocy again

Syren
I think you mean bad sarcasm=braindead, because that was pure crap happy

hmm

I think you may be right, thanks for the correction.

Just checking, what was crap? My post or WD's? confused

Edit; PVS, if you can't fight your corner without resorting to pathetic attempts to humiliate and belittle Wickerman, don't bother. You're not adding anything to the discussion erm

silver_tears
hmm

I think you may be right, thanks for the correction.

Just checking, what was crap? My post or WD's? confused

WD's stick out tongue

Gregory
Does that have anything to do with which country is more dangerous, or are you just fishing for a reaction?

I don't think any of us would deny that the USA is largely responsible for why Afghanistan and Iraq are so dangerous right now, but it's really nothing to do with the topic.

Originally posted by PVS
dont switch topics. thats sad and weak. makes me want to either hug you out of sympathy or just punch you....maybe both.

PVS only punches you because he loves you, Wickerman.

PVS
Edit; PVS, if you can't fight your corner without resorting to pathetic attempts to humiliate and belittle Wickerman, don't bother. You're not adding anything to the discussion erm

the thread is puffed up with ridiculous and spammed claims. if you would take a second to see that instead of playing 'forum ghandi' you'll see the truth of it.

Syren
WD's stick out tongue

sweat

Robtard
I'm at work here trying to have serious conversations with co-workers, and I can't get that "throwing stuff out of cars on the highway" thing out of my head. They must think I'm on something, 'cause I've got a severe case of the giggles here. I need to ask my boss if I can leave soon.

LOL.. Me too...

The other day, I watched this malicious @sshole throw a cigarette butt out of his BMW 540. I felt threatened and I suspect he was "laughing all the way"

Syren
Originally posted by PVS
the thread is puffed up with ridiculous and spammed claims. if you would take a second to see that instead of playing 'forum ghandi' you'll see the truth of it.

I directed my first sermon to the masses, actually stick out tongue But, I'd like to suggest this thread be cleared up or closed. It hurts to see you men fighting like whores cry

~The Wickerman~
It's not defending the U.S. for the sake of defending it. You are saying that America 'is one of the most dangerous', and it simply isn't so.

That's makes no sense at all, all countries have had tourist casualties you can certainly agree with, then by your rational, all countries should be on the list. Come on now, you were going for the "Tourist have been killed in America, therefore it is unsafe" angle.

Yes, 3rd world countries are the most dangerous as poverty has a direct affect on crime rats. Please do explain your point though then. Do keep in mind though that all poverty isn't the same.

If terrorism where wide spread and bombs were going off on a daily basis like they are in Israel or Iraq currently,then yes, your point would have merit. But the fact remains that America isn't under heavy terrorist attack so your point once again is pointless.

My point is that it belongs on that list.

Since the idea of the thread is where you would be afraid to go live or go visiting, yes, I am speaking mostly of tourists.

Poverty might not be considered the same by everyone, but when a single institution makes the statistics for two countries, I believe they can be compared.

America is one of the biggest targets of terrorism. While not being actively attacked, that is unimportant. It is a threat to the safety of both people living there and tourists. This threat does exist in other countries as well, but it is not as great in most other countries. As for Israel, I can assure you that is not such a great example. Check the number of civilian victims that died in the recent Lebanon issue. Considering it was a "war", you won't come up with the kind of numbers you'd think you might.

Robtard
Originally posted by PVS

I'll double stamp that.. When someone post ridiculous claims and proceeds to blindly defend them, they deserve a ridiculing.

Soleran
The only dangerous thing about living in the US is reading a thread like this in the US while keeping your sanity and not going postal on Mall Santa's!

Honestly your point is obviously your opinion that you are looking to justify with utter poop!

Gregory
America is one of the biggest targets of terrorism. While not being actively attacked, that is unimportant. It is a threat to the safety of both people living there and tourists.

Not a significant threat. At all. It's bad enough we have to listen to our President bleat about terrorism, now you have to get into the act?

WrathfulDwarf
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I wasn't referring to the actual events, or lack of them. I meant the way you presented the information and your intention behind sharing the information with everyone. You sly ol' dog, you stick out tongue

Those were actual events in my life. What you don't drink a cup of coffee in the mornings before going to work?

~The Wickerman~
...are you serious?

For my part, I have lived in America for twenty-two years and never seen anyone throw something at a person from out of a moving car, so you'd lose your bet.

I was on my way from Dallas to Austin when seeing that. I have no idea what route/road/highway we were on, as I didn't really care

WrathfulDwarf

America is one of the biggest targets of terrorism.

Including or excluding Israel?

Gregory
Ah. Texas. Well that explains that.

botankus
I'll bet it was a chainsaw. They tend to fly out the back of cars quite a bit in that state. I saw the movie, so it must be true.

Robtard
My point is that it belongs on that list.

Since the idea of the thread is where you would be afraid to go live or go visiting, yes, I am speaking mostly of tourists.

Poverty might not be considered the same by everyone, but when a single institution makes the statistics for two countries, I believe they can be compared.

America is one of the biggest targets of terrorism. While not being actively attacked, that is unimportant. It is a threat to the safety of both people living there and tourists. This threat does exist in other countries as well, but it is not as great in most other countries. As for Israel, I can assure you that is not such a great example. Check the number of civilian victims that died in the recent Lebanon issue. Considering it was a "war", you won't come up with the kind of numbers you'd think you might.

Then all countries belong on the list by your rational. Super.

No, I have already explained to you the world of difference between a poor man in America and a poor man in a 3rd world country. They cannot be compared as the standard of living "poor" in America would equate to a much higher standard of living in a 3rd world country. Apples to oranges.

You're right, it is unsafe for tourist travelling to America because of imminent terrorist threats. roll eyes (sarcastic) Funny how you still proclaimed that Iraq & Afghanistan are both safer than America where they both (esp. Iraq) have terrorist attacks on an almost daily basis.

Syren
Those were actual events in my life. What you don't drink a cup of coffee in the mornings before going to work?

shrug

Quit putting pressure on me ninja

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by PVS
i think you're lying. no, i know it.

i LIVE in the u.s.
in jersey, the most densely populated and possibly most crime ridden state. never had anything thrown out a car at me, and fyi i worked on the njturnpike for 3 summers in the maintenance department. so, i spent 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, working on the shoulder of one of the busiest highways in america and never had a frikin thing thrown at me. does that make me qualified to call you out on your bullshit?

meanwhile there are WARS in iraq and afghanistan, of which you have not experienced. so maybe you should shut your flapping lying noise hole.

lying and trying to blowhard your way to the win is a fruitless tactic worthy of recognition in a certain other thread.

You can think whatever you wish to. Doesn't change reality, now does it?

No, you cannot call me out on my "bullshit", because the simple fact that you have not seen it happen. If you were to say you have been typing to much and your hand hurts really badly and I tell you for the past 9 months I have been working on a computer every single day other than weekends around 10 hours a day and have not once had a problem like that would I be able to "call you on your bullshit" ?

It's really wierd how those WARS exist and yet the people there continue their lives normally eh? Maybe you should stop tossing insults around.

Assuming things shows nothing other than the fact that you are not willing to accept anything other than what you think and are arrogant enough to believe you're always correct.

WrathfulDwarf
shrug

Okay, okay, uh-kay...I'll leave you alone. batman

Soleran

It's really wierd how those WARS exist and yet the people there continue their lives normally eh? Maybe you should stop tossing insults around.

And you believe that it's safer there then the USA because they can live "normally," dude you are crazy, stop now and look for medication.

PVS
If you were to say you have been typing to much and your hand hurts really badly and I tell you for the past 9 months I have been working on a computer every single day other than weekends around 10 hours a day and have not once had a problem like that would I be able to "call you on your bullshit" ?

that makes no sense at all. i have direct experience which debunks your little theory about an american phenomenon with untold masses of people being pelted with objects and killed from moving cars, a danger which dwarfs the hazardous living in baghdad.

you so want to be right, dont you? trouble is you're flat wrong. all the crying in the world doesnt change that.

~The Wickerman~
Guess what, I bet you people in Japan and Ireland also throw stuff and "laugh all the way", maybe even where you live too?

Then go to Iran or Afghanistan if you sincerely feel they are safer and nothing would be thrown at you. I bet you won't though because you know better.

Yes they do, however definitely not as often. There has not once been a report on any news station or in any paper that I am aware of regarding anything like that.

Also, taking the "throwing stuff" issue has been completely removed from my post without any of the other mentioned issues being even remotely discussed, such as drunk drivers and even being harassed by the police.

Robtard
shrug

I won't put preassure on you, we can use the "Liberator"...

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by PVS

i agree that the u.s. is the most dangerous nation in terms of foreign policy, but that is not the topic.

i really want you to move to baghdad. not so you'll see the truth of it all, but simply so you'll get bombed and ill never have to read your idiocy again

You've managed to make a post containing nothing but insults. Great addition to the discussion no

Fishy
Yes they do, however definitely not as often. There has not once been a report on any news station or in any paper that I am aware of regarding anything like that.

Also, taking the "throwing stuff" issue has been completely removed from my post without any of the other mentioned issues being even remotely discussed, such as drunk drivers and even being harassed by the police.

as bad as the US might be, how the hell would that compare to a country with 137 terrorist attacks on day on average?

PVS
two more hours before i make the hellish commute home. all the drunks on the road pelting roadside babies with stones and ninja throwing stars...its hell i tells ya....hell. i so long for the peace and serenity of iraq's civil war.

botankus
I will confess that I've thrown stuff out of a car before, and it was more than a cigarette butt.

One time I was leaving Shea Stadium in Queens with some friends. We forgot to hit the head on the way out the door. If anyone's ever been to Shea, they know it's gridlock trying to get out of the parking lot. So there we were, stuck, and I had to take a wizz like you wouldn't believe. I'm sitting in the backseat and my friend hands me this 44 oz. empty Wendy's cup. So I go and then I'm like, "what do I do with it?" My friend says, "toss it." So I tossed a 44 oz. cup of urine out the window going 20 mph. I don't think it hit anyone on the side of the road, but some of it came back in the car.

True story. Guilty as charged. Take me to that terrorist prison.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by PVS

No, this thread contains a number of US citizens who are adding nothing but insults and statements backed up by nothing to the discussion

Gregory
Originally posted by PVS
two more hours before i make the hellish commute home. all the drunks on the road pelting roadside babies with stones and ninja throwing stars...its hell i tells ya....hell. i so long for the peace and serenity of iraq's civil war.

Posting from work? Tsktsk.

PVS
No, this thread contains a number of US citizens who are adding nothing but insults and statements backed up by nothing to the discussion

i think that is far dominated by spammed fiction.......pink spammed fiction no less.

Robtard

Good grief, this just gets more insane... "Yes they do, however definitely not as often." You said you only witnessed this "threat" happen once in Texas, so how in the hell do you know how often it happens in America, let alone any other country? Please explain that one with your calm fact laden rational?

So now drunk drivers and police harassment make America one of the "most dangerous" for tourist? Please provide proof.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Soleran

Honestly your point is obviously your opinion that you are looking to justify with utter poop!

Obviously, the retorts I am receiving are of great quality thumb up laughing out loud

~The Wickerman~
Including or excluding Israel?

Including IMO

Gregory
Obviously, the retorts I am receiving are of great quality thumb up laughing out loud

You received better-quality replies before people recognized it as a waste of time.

When your argument is, "America has drunk drivers, so it's more dangerous then a war zone," what the hell do you expect?

Soleran

Taking into account the information that we have to respond to, that works out nicely.

Back to topic

USA=safe to travel in and visit

Lyna303
Pretty sure its Sudan, mostly because the Darfur situation though.

PVS
USA=safe to travel in and visit

well, thats a blanket statement.

Mr. Sandman
Petty insults do nothing except show that you are unable of coming up with a witty response sad . If you would use the English language properly, misunderstandings like the previous one would not occur.

I'll just let that one marinate.

No, not all of the countries were, but am I asking you about all of the countries? You answered my question with a question.

Just answer the question, you think that the United States is as bad as countries going through civil war?

Industrial power has nothing to do with anything. Economically, they are retarded things to compare.

To use one of your statistics as an example, The poverty line in the U.S. is MUCH higher than the poverty line in Indonesia.

Poor in the U.S. is around <$30,000 depending on how many are in a household. I bet anyone making $30,000 a year in Indonesia is closer to middle class.

I lol'd at this post, seeing as I NEVER said "if you honestly believe that the USA is one of the most dangerous countries in the world, you're a clown.". Read again slowly, and get the right user.

Second, the original post was this:

In which he is saying that you believe that the USA is ONE of the most dangerous countries in the world, and you reply with this:

In which you say that he's assuming that you believe that the USA is the MOST dangerous. Then you go on to say that he shouldn't put words in people's mouths.

Hypocritical and ironic.

Read more slowly please, it will help everyone, including you.

Robtard

The more poop you spout off the more people will pick it up and fling it back your way.

~The Wickerman~
Then all countries belong on the list by your rational. Super.

No, I have already explained to you the world of difference between a poor man in America and a poor man in a 3rd world country. They cannot be compared as the standard of living "poor" in America would equate to a much higher standard of living in a 3rd world country. Apples to oranges.

You're right, it is unsafe for tourist travelling to America because of imminent terrorist threats. roll eyes (sarcastic) Funny how you still proclaimed that Iraq & Afghanistan are both safer than America where they both (esp. Iraq) have terrorist attacks on an almost daily basis.

Others as well, true, not just the US. However, the US also belongs on the list.

How exactly does that affect the whole issue? If a poor person in the US is let's say a person who's salary is less than X where X is the cost of one kg of pork chops let's say (just for example's sake) and a poor person in Indonesia is a person who's salary is less than Y where Y is the cost of one kg of pork chops, then does it matter if Y is smaller than X????? I see no logic in that....

Yes, it is, you finally got it smile . How many terrorist attacks in Iraq or Afghanistan are directed against the civilians and how many casualties do you think they produce??

Soleran
Originally posted by PVS
well, thats a blanket statement.

Yes, yes it is.

I have seen the Soprano's so I guess New Jersey isn't safe, I've seen the type of things that happen there!

PVS
http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

Civilians reported killed by military intervention in Iraq:

Min 50998
Max 56533

PVS
Yes, yes it is.

I have seen the Soprano's so I guess New Jersey isn't safe, I've seen the type of things that happen there!

laughing out loud

wait....was that an insult? *unholsters glock 9mm*

Robtard
Others as well, true, not just the US. However, the US also belongs on the list.

How exactly does that affect the whole issue? If a poor person in the US is let's say a person who's salary is less than X where X is the cost of one kg of pork chops let's say (just for example's sake) and a poor person in Indonesia is a person who's salary is less than Y where Y is the cost of one kg of pork chops, then does it matter if Y is smaller than X????? I see no logic in that....

Yes, it is, you finally got it smile . How many terrorist attacks in Iraq or Afghanistan are directed against the civilians and how many casualties do you think they produce??

NO, by your rational, ALL countries belong on the list as all countries have had tourist mishaps.

Because a poor person in the U.S. is less likely to mug a tourist out of necessity than a poor person in India simply because the poor person in India is in a much higher state of despair than the poor person in America.

Most terrorist casualties in Iraq & Afghanistan are civilians (read the news), civilians are being killed on almost a daily basis in Iraq due to terrorist attacks. Anyhow, we are talking about tourist, so if you feel safe that some homemade bomb placed in a cafe' won't kill you because you're a tourist while sipping tea in Baghdad, go for a holiday. I heard those explosives are" smart bombs" and the shrapnel avoids tourist.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>