Thank you KMC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006

DigiMark007
This will be closed eventually, but I'll give it a while.

...and yeah, I can say pretty much the same. I'm informed and in love with comics thanks to KMC.

smile

DarkCrawler
Me too! This site has teached me more things about comics then anything else. yes

Merry Christmas!

nimbus006
Originally posted by DigiMark007
This will be closed eventually, but I'll give it a while.

...and yeah, I can say pretty much the same. I'm informed and in love with comics thanks to KMC.

smile

Why will it be closed? I didn't know where else to put it seeing as the focus was on the comic book forum.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by nimbus006
Why will it be closed? I didn't know where else to put it seeing as the focus was on the comic book forum.

Meh, we just can't start allowing people to make "my KMC story" threads, or it will devolve into mutual back-patting and spam threads.

But I like that you took the time to do this...and when I said while, I meant a period of days. It'll have time for everyone to discuss anything they want.

Scoobless
Add Runaways and X-Factor to your list.

smile

Galan007
Yeah pretty much the same goes for me.

When I first joined, I wasnt too interested in comics, but now Im a comic book junkie.

Ichigo66666
Agreed, i learn more about comics here then the actual comics.

nimbus006
Meh, we just can't start allowing people to make "my KMC story" threads, or it will devolve into mutual back-patting and spam threads.

But I like that you took the time to do this...and when I said while, I meant a period of days. It'll have time for everyone to discuss anything they want.

Ok thats cool, i only meant for it to be a Holiday thing anyway.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Scoobless
Add Runaways and X-Factor to your list.

smile

Cool, i tried to get into runaways during the Civil Way Tie-ins but i never caught on. X-factor is a good arc just dont have enough time.

Super Guy

ThePittman
Fables is a must read smile

srankmissingnin
You really should add Captain American and Daredevil to that list. They are the two best monthly titles marvel has right now. Drop Black Panther and Cable and Deadpool for them if you have too, they haven't been good in a while.

Super Guy
DD rocks... droolio

nimbus006
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
You really should add Captain American and Daredevil to that list. They are the two best monthly titles marvel has right now. Drop Black Panther and Cable and Deadpool for them if you have too, they haven't been good in a while.

Thanx for the heads up, Ill probably check out a couple issues, but Im not dropping any of my current reads... i like BP and Cable Deadpool.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Super Guy
Ahem... where's ultimates on that list? And, yeah, thanks to KMC I am also more obsessibe over comics than ever!

I read Volume 1, then dropped it cuz i wanted to concentrate on 616. I know it was probably a mistake. sad

ThePittman
You really should add Captain American and Daredevil to that list. They are the two best monthly titles marvel has right now. Drop Black Panther and Cable and Deadpool for them if you have too, they haven't been good in a while. I love Cable & Deadpool, I would rather him in his own series but I'll take him where I can get him.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by ThePittman
I love Cable & Deadpool, I would rather him in his own series but I'll take him where I can get him.

The first two or three story arcs where good but the rest? The nicest thing I can say about that book is the novelty has warn off, it really needs a new creative team.

ThePittman
The first two or three story arcs where good but the rest? The nicest thing I can say about that book is the novelty has warn off, it really needs a new creative team. The old DP series was great, the new one is a bit weak but I just like reading DP's quotes.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by ThePittman
The old DP series was great, the new one is a bit weak but I just like reading DP's quotes.

I'm still bitter that Agent X was shelved for Cable and Deadpool. Agent X was a far superior book and much funnier IMO, Cable and Deadpool just doesn't hold up on anything it trys to accomplish.

pr1983
Yes, thank you kmc, for making me like characters i never would have liked, and for convincing me to spend an obscene amount of money on comics... stick out tongue

bigbran

Validus

Scoobless
Marvel > DC

stick out tongue

pr1983
Marvel > DC

stick out tongue

pfft, you wish... stick out tongue

Scoobless
Originally posted by pr1983
pfft, you wish... stick out tongue

you're just upset because Cyclops is dragging down the average.

evil face

pr1983
you're just upset because Cyclops is dragging down the average.

evil face

really? and here was me thinking iron fists inability to stop imitating dd was doing all the damage... big grin

nimbus006
Originally posted by Validus
Yeah, you're a regular old comic geek. A Marvel comic geek anyways. embarrasment

Hey!! mad I Resent that. I did put Justice League of America in there, and i'm reading Superman Confidential plus i read Day of Vegeance, and Infinity Crisis, at least im trying stick out tongue But yeah i would say Im more of a marvel guy than DC.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by nimbus006
Hey!! mad I Resent that. I did put Justice League of America in there, and i'm reading Superman Confidential plus i read Day of Vegeance, and Infinity Crisis, at least im trying stick out tongue But yeah i would say Im more of a marvel guy than DC.

...most are on KMC. It's not really something to be ashamed of.

Lemme see what my tally is for series I regularly read:

Marvel:
ASM
Ultimate SM
"Events" (CW, Annihiliation, etc.)
Ultimates
DD

DC:
JSA
Sandman (still slowly collecting all of them)
GLC
"Events" (IC, etc.)

Other:
Authority
Y - The Last Man
Invincible (just recently)

...meh, I guess I'm kinda split down the middle, both with the Big 2 and the Indie labels.

Newjak
Yeah I actually found KMC thanks to the comic books section. I was looking up a random character I had seen on the JLU series called Atom Smasher and I found this place.

Superboy Prime
I had a limited knowledge of comics before I joined this forum. I used to think Thor was just a brick with a cool hammer, but now thanks to the many Superman vs Thor threads I know the true power of the Thunder God. I thank KMC for that and much more.

nimbus006
...most are on KMC. It's not really something to be ashamed of.

Lemme see what my tally is for series I regularly read:

Marvel:
ASM
Ultimate SM
"Events" (CW, Annihiliation, etc.)
Ultimates
DD

DC:
JSA
Sandman (still slowly collecting all of them)
GLC
"Events" (IC, etc.)

Other:
Authority
Y - The Last Man
Invincible (just recently)

...meh, I guess I'm kinda split down the middle, both with the Big 2 and the Indie labels.

No Im not ashamed, I've been a marvel fan since the early 90's, thanks to KMC though I have really become interested in DC comics and Im slowly working my way into the DC Universe. I mean I've always been a fan of Superman and Batman, but there are some real badass characters in DC such as GL, MM, Red Tornado, Vixen, Arsenal etc... Takes time though cuz the DC Universe for some reason is more confusing to me with all the different Earths and so forth.

Artemis1860
KMC is what got me into comics personally. I just thought it was really nerdy, and i found my dad's stash of wonder woman comics downstairs.... rofl...

but my husband (at the time I joined, fiance) introduced me to this place. Now I'm addicted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.