Wii Virtual Console Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kaliero
Well now that the Wii's VC has a nice bit of selection to it, I figured we should have a thread where people can recommend VC games that are worth getting.

Bonk's Adventure: This one is both fun and funny. Bonk, your typical large-headed caveman, kills enemies by whacking them with his head. A platformer that starts out simple enough, but quickly becomes a nicely challenging game.

Super Mario 64: Basically the advent of 3D platforming. If you loved it before, you're going to enjoy this, but in comparison with todays platformers the controls aren't quite as tight as they could be, and it does of course look dated nowadays. I'd recommend this if you need a nostalgia trip.

Super Star Soldier: An excellent entry into the scrolling shooter genre. Four different types of weapons, each with four tiers of power and their own pros and cons, imaginative backgrounds, good music, and enough enemies to practically fill the screen at times. If you like this genre, you need to buy this one.

F-Zero: Nintendo's premiere racing series before Mario Kart got so dang popular. F-Zeros are still made, and are still excellent, so here's a good way to learn the ropes while Nintendo is making the next F-Zero for the Wii. F-Zero was one of the first SNES games to use the Mode 7 pseudo-3D technology, and it used it well. The game looks old now, but still offers a brilliant experience with great controls, well-made courses, and now-classic music.

Gunstar Heroes: The game that put Treasure Games on the map. A running shoot-em-up (think Contra) with great design and gameplay. An excellent game that most people should buy, though I have to note: If you have Gunstar Super Heroes for the GBA, it did everything Gunstar Heroes does, but slightly better.

Sonic the Hedgehog: Need I say more? It's ****ing Sonic the Hedgehog, before the series went 3D and became crap.

The Legend of Zelda: Again, need I say more? The first entry in one of the best game series of all time. Remember, though, it is NOT a linear game, so be prepared to wander... err, explore.

§P0oONY
Bought The Legend of Zelda & Wario Woods yesterday.... Just for nostalgia... I actually own both in cartridge form though.

Morridini
Anyone got a full list of available games for VC now and those coming?

General Kaliero
I believe this list extends to the end of the year.

NES

Baseball
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Ice Hockey
Mario Bros.
Pinball
Soccer
Solomon's Key
Tennis
The Legend of Zelda
Urban Champion
Wario's Woods

SNES

F-Zero
SimCity

N64

Super Mario 64

Sega Genesis

Altered Beast
Columns
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Ecco the Dolphin
Gunstar Heroes
Golden Axe
Ristar
Sonic the Hedgehog
Space Harrier II
Toejam & Earl

TurboGrafx-16

Bomberman '93
Bonk's Adventure
Dungeon Explorer
R-Type
Super Star Soldier
Victory Run

dirkdirden
I got Toe Jam and Earl and thats All I need.

Morridini
Hmm, the most interesting console to get VC games on would be the SNES in my opinion, why does it have so few? I would at least have expected Donkey Kong Country.

General Kaliero
Keep in mind that the current games include only the launch games and four for each week to the end of the year. I was most excited for the SNES games too; I want my Super Metroid and Star Fox.

I'm a bit confused that they've been focusing so much on Genesis over here, but at least most of the Genesis games are good. SNES games will come.

Morridini
genesis was never really popular here in Norway so I don't know much of it, and "TurboGrafx-16" I haven't even heard of.

I did some checking, and Donkey Kong Country is available in Australia now.

Ah yes, Star Fox and Super Metroid would be nice to see as well. However, is there any possibility for more "rare"games? I remember a game called Pocky and Rocky (KiKi KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Manto) which i really liked and would love to get my hands on again.

Too bad we have to wait for Nintendo to be arsed to send out accessories for us who don't have wireless net before we can start getting VC games.

LÉONpro2007
I DL'd SM64. big grin

I have 1000 points left, but nothing out right now is really calling me.

MadMel
Originally posted by Morridini
Too bad we have to wait for Nintendo to be arsed to send out accessories for us who don't have wireless net before we can start getting VC games. hmm...im still checking EB though (havent been there since i got my wii a week ago)

((The_Anomaly))
Games I want to see on the VC.

NES: Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros. 3, Duck hunt, Contra, Mega Mans.

SNES: Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, F-Zero (already out), Mega Man X1-X3. Donky Kong games.

Genisis: Sonic (which I already got) Sonic 2, Sonic and Knuckles, Mortal Kombat games.

N64: Mario 64 (which I already got), Zelda: OoT, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Star Fox, Turok 1&2, Mario Kart, F-Zero X, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark (both of which are long shots because of Rare) Donky Kong 64, 1080 Snowboarding, Blast Corps, Pilot Wings.

Thats all I can think of right now.

MadMel
i want more bomberman games on the VC..especially the SNES versions..

IceJaw
Why? 93's the best one.

MadMel
*COUGH* superBM5isbest *COUGH*

Morridini
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
...Goldeneye, Perfect Dark (both of which are long shots because of Rare) Donky Kong 64...

Isn't Donkey Kong also Rare?

Ushgarak
Chances of Goldeneye in the near future are zero.

Swe_Bum
Cuz Rare and Nintendo Doesn't work together anymore... right?

General Kaliero
Isn't Donkey Kong also Rare?

Yeah, DK was made by Rare, but Nintendo owns the rights to Donkey Kong period. Same thing with Star Fox. Even though Rare made Star Fox Adventures, Nintendo owns the rights to all the elements of the game, so they could use Krystal and the Dinosaur Planet in Assault.

While Goldeneye would be awesome, Ush is right, that won't be happening for a LONG time, if at all.

Originally posted by Swe_Bum
Cuz Rare and Nintendo Doesn't work together anymore... right?

Microsoft bought Rare, that's why.

Swe_Bum
I want Perfect Dark! The best Shooting game for 64... FFS

Morridini
So, why didnt Nintendo get the rights to Perfect Dark and GoldenEye?

General Kaliero
Nintendo owned Donkey Kong before Rare ever made any DK games, go they didn't "get" the rights, they already had them.

Perfect Dark is owned by Rare, which is now owned by Microsoft.

Goldeneye is still owned by Rare as well.

JToTheP
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Nintendo owned Donkey Kong before Rare ever made any DK games, go they didn't "get" the rights, they already had them.

Perfect Dark is owned by Rare, which is now owned by Microsoft.

Goldeneye is still owned by Rare as well.

Donkey Kong is one of Nintendo's mascots, but the DKC trilogy is a joint effort between the two companies, the same goes for Perfect Dark and Goldeneye.

Perfect Dark Zero flopping on the 360, does not impact the original N64 release.

InnerRise
Nobody's gotten Echo the Dolphin yet? shrug

If I ever get Broadband, that's what I'll be getting.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Tex
I got Mario 64 and Mario Bros.
Cant wait for the original Super Mario Bros.

They need to start putting more on there, 3 every Monday is not enough! mad

...But Opera Browser should be ready on Friday.
Prepare to wake up to the glowing blue light. big grin

Ushgarak
So, why didnt Nintendo get the rights to Perfect Dark and GoldenEye?

Goldeneye is a Bond franchise. It's long gone from Rare too, else Nintendo would have pulled the stops out to release it for DS.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by InnerRise
Nobody's gotten Echo the Dolphin yet? shrug

If I ever get Broadband, that's what I'll be getting.

Echo the Dolphin kicks serious @ss and I will be getting it in the near future.

Skeets
would I need the classic controller or would a game cube one do?

Morridini
You would need the classic controller.

Skeets
Just checked.The Game cube Controller is good for most of the games except genesis and Turbograph16.

Pulse2
I remember playing Echo the dolphin back then on the demo booth, was amusing but rather disturbing, the concept of dolphins and turtles talking was just slightly unusual, but it was a fun game never the less. I remember back then they had considered calling the Gamecube Nintendo Dolphin as well :O

((The_Anomaly))

Gamcube controllers work for almost everything.

General Kaliero
Well, Christmas saw the addition of R-TYPE (shooting), Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (fighting, duh), Super Castlevania IV (platforming), Super Mario Bros. (platforming), and Toe Jam & Earl(adventure). All exemplary games for their respective genres.

Today, perhaps disappointingly, added only two games. NES Baseball, which is pretty simplified in comparison to today's baseball titles, and Urban Champion, a fighting game where you try to get control of a city block by knocking your opponent into the street while avoiding cops and falling flowerpots.

AstroFan
Yeah, I was hoping for atleast one decent game yesterday. erm

There were rumors of Contra 3, but I knew that would be too good to be true. Considering the lack of true Wii games right now and for the moderate future, they should really drop atleast one high profile game a week.

PVS
just beat the dragonball z game

love it

General Kaliero
I know what you mean, Ast, I held off on getting anything other than SMB and Castlevania on Christmas waiting to see if any big games would be released yesterday. Extremely disappointing.

On a related note, though, why R-TYPE? It'd be just as easy to add Super R-TYPE, which is quite frankly a better game. The VC needs more SNES games anyway.

AstroFan
I hope Mario Kart 64 comes in January like in Japan, then I will be a little happy.

MadMel
Originally posted by Skeets
Just checked.The Game cube Controller is good for most of the games except genesis and Turbograph16. dammit!!
i need to spend even more money to play bomberman now sad

MadMel
Originally posted by AstroFan
I hope Mario Kart 64 comes in January like in Japan, then I will be a little happy.
http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/752/752415p1.html
EDIT - **** sorry, thats the japanese date, not american sad

((The_Anomaly))
My question is this: Where is the N64 love? Common Nintendo, I want some N64 games, one single 64 game isn't enough, even if it is Mario 64.

MadMel
ya...too bad most of the good ones were rare games...
more snes games...wheres the metroid and bomberman and mario RPG and kirby?!?!?!

PVS
i just want some damn multiplayer games

LifeInSepia
get gunstar heros, well woth the 800, but NOT i repeat NOT r-type. not worth 100.

General Kaliero
What, feeling jaded with R-Type? big grin

It's a very good game, just unforgiving. There's always a right way through a level, and it's always possible to get through without losing a life. You just have to learn to control the Force properly.

LifeInSepia
im not giving up on it, i just think that the info over-hypes it, and that its too repetetive.

General Kaliero
It COULD be Super R-Type, you know. No matter how far you got in that, once you die you start at the beginning.

General Kaliero
Well, it's been another week, and for some reason we again get only two new games.

And surprisingly, they are both scrolling space shooters. More of them. I love the genre, but the VC seems to be a bit... saturated with them now? We need a bit more variety if you expect us to keep buying, Nintendo!

Anyway, two new games today: NES Gradius and Soldier Blade (TG-16). I don't think I need to explain Gradius, everyone knows that game.

Soldier Blade is a continuation of the Star Soldier series (yes, the same as the Super Star Soldier game previously available). It's pretty much the same fare, with better design and a few new weapon gimmicks to keep the game feeling fresh.

AstroFan
OMG this is really starting to annoy me. erm

I have 2200 points but nothing is coming out, im thinking of getting Gunstar Heroes.

General Kaliero
Well surprisingly, Nintendo added a third later on today: Dungeon Explorer

I must say, this one actually looks a bit interesting. Now if only I had 4 other people to team up with...

Ushgarak
I downloaded that Gunstar Heroes thingy on ign's recommendation. I wanted to try out the VC.

Yeah, not bad, especially with a friend. I think you appreciate it more the more you play it; the first level seems more like utter chaos.

AstroFan
I just dont think it would be that bad a strategy to put atleast one big game a week. Nintendo(plus the other systems) has a good enough back catalogue to where they could keep doing that through the Wii's entire lifespan.

Ushgarak
I did hear a rumour they were going to start putting old C64 games on at some point?

AstroFan
lol

I would like them to add Gameboy and especially GBA games to the VC. stick out tongue

General Kaliero
I very much want them to add Gameboy games too. I want Link's Awakening and Metroid II.

AstroFan
More awesome games announced for a place where I dont live. mad

America better starting getting games soon, I want Contra III so damn bad. sad

General Kaliero
Damn lucky Europeans.

Actually, it'd be nice if Nintendo could do the same for us and just give us a schedule, so I'll know if I need to even check the shop each week.

On the upside, they're paying more than we are.

Ushgarak
Hang on... you can trade Stars for Wii points? I've got thousands of those, what's the exchange rate?

§P0oONY
All the games I've downloaded so far are ones I own in cartridge form... I really can't be bothered buying games that I don't know are good. They should release some kind of demo system for the games that are more substantial then a few levels (Donkey Kong).

MadMel
comix zone looks like fun..no expression

AstroFan

AstroFan
Oh my god, another VC monday, and another day to not give a damn.

General Kaliero
For those who want it, we got Xevious, R-Type III, and MotoRoader. Two more scrolling shooters and another futuristic racing game.

Japan, weanwhile, got Ice Climbers and more Contra.

WTF, Nintendo? Where's my Super Metroid and Star Fox?!

InnerRise
I don't think they'll release it all willy nilly.

They'll probably wait for some important Bench Mark.

Like next Christmas. funny

InnerRise
I actually played R-Type III all the time on my super nintendo when I was younger.

Forgot that was the name of it.

Good Times.

I would definitely by that just for the sentimental and nostalgic value.

AstroFan
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Happy Dance

...is now available in the US. stick out tongue

General Kaliero
And yet, even so high-profile a game doesn't make up for the overall lack of games. Why just one today?

And I have the GBA version, thanks, so I don't see why I need it...

Puzzle
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Happy Dance

...is now available in the US. stick out tongue

I might have to get that one...so far I have no VC games, I think I should get a Classic Control first though.

AstroFan
Mario Kart 64 coming "next week".

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164589.html?tag=latestnews;title;1

JToTheP
Link To The Past is on there!!!!!! GET IT! DO IT FOR ME SINCE I CAN'T PLAY IT! sad

AstroFan
Already on it man. wink

JToTheP
sad I wanna play the Dark World!

AstroFan
Wow, I hit the jackpot, Ive downloaded 3 games in 2 weeks. Got Contra III and Mario Kart 64 today. big grin

General Kaliero
I thought I heard a collective "hell yes" from the whole country earlier...

First of three necessary games down.

Now, Nintendo, give me Super Metroid or Star Fox next week!

AstroFan
They should really release 64 games more often, im having the most fun with those. Its just great to play them with a quality control stick.

General Kaliero
Exactly. I don't remember turning being quite this easy...

LORD JLRTENJAC
I wanna to play the N64 games since my parents never got me an N64 when I was younger... Damn cheapskates. mad

AstroFan
Rumor has that Super Mario World is coming out on Monday. Hackers that found out about LttP before it came out say that SMW is coming, so it could be true.

If its true there goes my last 800. stick out tongue

Impediment
I just bought:

The Legend of Zelda (NES)
LOZ: A Link tot the Past (SNES)
Super Mario 64 (N64)
Super Mario Bros. (NES)
Golden Axe (Genesis)

AstroFan
I got:

Super Mario 64
SimCity
Gunstar Heroes(regret)
Zelda: LttP
Contra 3
Mario Kart 64

Tekno Boy
does anyone know how to exchange your stars from the club at nintendo-europe.com for wii points?

Also Diddy Kong Racing would be great on Virtual Console

Ushgarak
As of yet you cannot, as far as I can tell. I think that kind of thing might come in later. All you get now for linking your account is that your VC-bought games show up on your Nintendo website account.

AstroFan
Originally posted by Tekno Boy
Also Diddy Kong Racing would be great on Virtual Console

Highly doubtful since it has Conker and Banjo in it, those two are owned by Rare/Microsoft.

You are better off buying the new DS version. lol

General Kaliero
And today you can all add the superb Super Mario World to your VC rosters! big grin

Cloud_VII
*shivers* lol...

AstroFan
And today you can all add the superb Super Mario World to your VC rosters! big grin

Done. stick out tongue

Impediment
Done and done!! yes

JToTheP
DONE! big grin Super Metroid, Mario RPG, Goldeneye, Paper Mario 64, Perfect Dark, and Jet Force Gemini, that's all I NEED, everything else I'd want. yes I hope we get the Donkey Kong Country trilogy too.

AstroFan
No chance in hell you will get PD or Jet Force. lol

JToTheP
If we may get Goldeneye, how can you say we won't get PD or Jet Force Gemini? Rare made all three of those with Nintendo, and if they let Goldeneye be released, why wouldn't they let PD or Jet Force Gemini be released?

AstroFan
Rare doesnt own the Bond right anymore, so if Nintendo works a deal with Activision they can get Goldeneye. PD and JFG are owned by Rare and thus owned by Microsoft, MS lets Rare make games for the GBA and DS because they dont compete with Microsoft and Xbox in anyway, but Microsoft will never let Rare help a Nintendo console.

Your best hope would be Goldeneye on either the Wii or XBLA, and then hope for a PD and JFG to come out on XBLA.

EDIT: And honestly, im hoping for 007 and PD to come out on XBLA, because atleast Rare would put effort into them and most likely add online play and other XBL goodies. On the Wii we(ha) would get the same games we did before with wacked out controls since the originals used one analog stick.

JToTheP
I thought the last I heard Rare and Microsoft split? Gamespot had something about it late last year.

EDIT:Or it was Nintendo Power Mag.

AstroFan
Nope they are still happy making games for MS that arent near as good as the ones they made a decade ago. stick out tongue

Working on an original XBLA game...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/761/761330p1.html

Rare would win me back if they brought back BlastCorps with a sequel, remake, or arcade game. I loved that game. big grin

Ushgarak
Rare doesnt own the Bond right anymore, so if Nintendo works a deal with Activision they can get Goldeneye.

No no, it's much worse than that. Nintendo would need the assent of both to get Goldeneye on the VC.

It is definitely the hardest game to get onto there. It is also the reason why they haven't just brought it out on DS.

JToTheP
Nope they are still happy making games for MS that arent near as good as the ones they made a decade ago. stick out tongue

Working on an original XBLA game...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/761/761330p1.html

Rare would win me back if they brought back BlastCorps with a sequel, remake, or arcade game. I loved that game. big grin

BlastCorps was Rare? I never noticed that.

Ugh, they make such shit now, I heard Perfect Dark Zero sucked a huge dick.

Skeets
Originally posted by JToTheP
BlastCorps was Rare? I never noticed that.

Ugh, they make such shit now, I heard Perfect Dark Zero sucked a huge dick.
You heard right.

AstroFan
Originally posted by Ushgarak
No no, it's much worse than that. Nintendo would need the assent of both to get Goldeneye on the VC.

It is definitely the hardest game to get onto there. It is also the reason why they haven't just brought it out on DS.

Damn.

Reggie said he is trying, but im honestly not holding my breath.

Impediment
I would imagine Nintendo putting more titles in the online store to download by now. I dont see why there are so few titles available now, not to mention decent titles.

General Kaliero
Nintendo seems to be getting their act together now. Today we have a well-known and much-loved game, and two cult classics.

Kirby's Adventure, Ice Climbers, and Kid Icarus!

Morridini
Do any of u think there is any possibility to get Goof Troop?
http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/games/coverg/80/617580.jpg

It's prolly not such a great game but I would really like to play it again for reasons beyond me.

Other games I would like to see are Starfox, and Glover (the weird game where u control a glove).

JToTheP
I don't see why not, also Joe & Mac was underrated. SNES had such great games.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Impediment
I would imagine Nintendo putting more titles in the online store to download by now. I dont see why there are so few titles available now, not to mention decent titles.

They have been updating weekly for a while now, have you even checked? Super Mario World, LTTP, Contra 3, Mario Kart 64, Sonic 1.

Morridini
God damned. Just went through my "wanted" list and need 8400 points go get them all. And games like A Link to the Past isn't even out yet here so I know it will be more.

And to followup on my previous post about Goof Troop.
Has any of u played the game called Pocky and Rocky (KiKi KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Manto)?
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/ReyVGM/pocky01.gif

This is a game I would really like to try again.

ESB -1138
They need to add Saturn games to the virtual consoles so I can play NiGHTS again!!

General Kaliero
Or convince Sega to make a proper sequel/remake of NiGHTS adapted for the Wii controls...

ESB -1138
Or convince Sega to make a proper sequel/remake of NiGHTS adapted for the Wii controls...

There's a rumor that Naka is working on a sequel to NiGHTS for the Wii.

General Kaliero
There have always been rumors like that, with just the console he's supposedly making it for changing. Naka has said repeatedly that he doesn't want to make a sequel to NiGHTS.

ESB -1138
There have always been rumors like that, with just the console he's supposedly making it for changing. Naka has said repeatedly that he doesn't want to make a sequel to NiGHTS.

Yes but Naka has also said that the Wii would be the perfect console for a sequel to NiGHTS.

Refused
I was just looking for a Nights and a Saturn but they're so expensive. A brand new copy of Nights goes for about $100 no expression

Hope the rumors are true.

Impediment
Just downloaded Kid Icarus. headbang

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Refused
I was just looking for a Nights and a Saturn but they're so expensive. A brand new copy of Nights goes for about $100 no expression

Hope the rumors are true.

Because (A) their were never really as many copies of NiGHTS as any other game and (B) because it is still referred to as one of the greatest games of all time.

NiGHTS was freaking fun! I wish I still had my copy because I would be playing it right now.

MadMel
Just downloaded Kid Icarus. headbang
damn straight evil face
Originally posted by ESB -1138
They need to add Saturn games to the virtual consoles so I can play NiGHTS again!! laughing

General Kaliero
Well, Nintendo seems to actually be listening to the fans.

Among other things, today we have Donkey Kong Country! eek!

AstroFan
Good to see the big game streak continues, but DKC never really meant much to me, but the recent release make me excited every monday. lol

Impediment
Just downloaded Donkey King Country! eek!

Morridini
Speaking of Donkey KONG (not king) Country, how do I make Donkey and Diddy run? I sometime get them to run faster by chance but never when I need them to.

MadMel
just make them roll then they run automatically i think..

Morridini
Nope.

JToTheP
Donkey Kong Country got added, and was one of the first collaborations of Nintendo and Rare(ware at the time). So, I think other Rare/Nintendo games are surely a possibility. Streets of Rage is also added!

Morridini
Aha, after 27 lives lost at the last level before the save point in the snow mountains I finally found out how to make Donkey and Diddy run. Simply press and hold the "roll" button (for me that was the Y-button on the GC controller).

ESB -1138
Please let all the Genesis Sonic games get added soon! Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is my favorite! I need to buy more Wii points to get Super Mario World! That just got added! I need to check the virtual console more often!!

Impediment
I wish games like Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2, Act Raiser, and The Guardian Legend were available.

AstroFan
Anyone else download Kirby? lol

AstroFan
VC can officially do no wrong, it will soon house the greatest game of all time(in my opinion). stick out tongue

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6166385.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

OCARINA OF TIME Happy Dance

JToTheP
Dammit, I have the OoT GC disc with Master Quest. WHAT IS THE HOLD UP FOR SUPER METROID, MARIO RPG, AND PAPER MARIO 64!? mad

Impediment
I'm waiting for Act Raiser, Super Metroid, and Golden Eye, myself.

I might download OOT, but I really hope that the Master Quest is an option to download for VC. If so, then a definite Yes.

Tptmanno1
Golden eye, is something that I would like to see.
Many fun hours with that game..
And hopefully Multiplayer on Golden eye too... Looking forward to playing that with friends.

JToTheP
I'm waiting for Act Raiser, Super Metroid, and Golden Eye, myself.

I might download OOT, but I really hope that the Master Quest is an option to download for VC. If so, then a definite Yes.

I doubt that considering GC games aren't on VC, and it only came to the US on GC.

General Kaliero
Japan is getting Actraiser in March, so it's possible Americans may see it sometime after.

OB1-adobe
Has anything come out for the VC that was not made by nintendo besides Sega and etc...

Like stuff by Konami, Ultra, akklaim

You know stuff like: Metal gear, Contra, TMNT, Marbel Madness, and a 1000 others

General Kaliero
Contra 3, Gunstar Heroes, several for the TG16.

...so yes.

General Kaliero
It's Monday again, so American Wii owners know what that means.

Today provides us with three new games:

Bio-Hazard Battle - Genesis

A sidescrolling ship shooter, set in a future filled with genetically mutated beast that have essentially taken over earth. You fly through the skies, blowing away monsters in an attempt to take back the planet.

Chew Man Fu - TG-16

An action puzzle game that has you pushing and pulls colored orbs onto colored tiles, making your way up a tower "to bring peace and fried rice back to the land." The game also features a 2-player minigame and a stage creator.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64

Game of the Year in 1998, and many say the best game ever. This is presumably the same build as the two ealier rereleases on Gamecube, though I haven't confirmed that. However, if it's the original release (gold cartridge version) then it may be more worthy of your precious points. (Due to some stuff that was later edited out of the game, and a slew of fun glitches only possible on the original build).

Impediment
As much as I love Ocarina of Time, I'm not going to download it just yet, seeing as how I'm currently in the middle of Twilight Princess and I don't want to get sidetracked by starting a new game in the middle of my current one.

I'll most likely download Ocarina next month.

ESB -1138
I waiting Sonic the Hedgehog 2/3 & Knuckles, the NES TNMT, Super Mario Bros. 3, and hoping they add Saturn games.

General Kaliero
ESB, I distinctly remember owning two NES TMNT games. One had a top-down-view overworld and sidescrolling levels in sewers. The other was a much better sidescrolling brawler.

I also want Sonic 2 and 3 & Knuckles. We've got the first, why not the rest already?

Tekno Boy
I seem to recall there being a TMNT beat-em up game. Was that on the SNES?

MadMel
man i wish i had the net thing for wii
then id download kirby superstar..oh yea!

Tekno Boy
if they released sonic & knuckles, how could they make it compatable with sonic 1, 2 & 3?

Sanji Himura
I just wish that they would get their heads out of their butts and release more games(instead of just monday).

AstroFan
People can never just be happy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

They have to keep this up for the next 4 or 5 years.

General Kaliero
I'm guessing that, to keep people interested in VC, they'll be releasing maybe one must-have hit each month. So maybe March will deliver the Super Metroid everyone wants, or Actraiser, or Star Fox.

JToTheP
I honestly don't see why the constant additions will end before the Wii is buried by the next Nintendo console. There are tons and tons of games they can put on there, and with Sega's "Best Of" support, and TurboGrafix? (Is that how it's spelled?) they have a lot of options. Hell, maybe eventually since the GC is officially buried they will put GC games up, maybe.

JToTheP
I'm guessing that, to keep people interested in VC, they'll be releasing maybe one must-have hit each month. So maybe March will deliver the Super Metroid everyone wants, or Actraiser, or Star Fox.

I don't see how you could lose interest in the VC, you just spend more time playing the games, and wii/GC games themselves, and using the web browser, than to notice what is newly added to the Vc.

Hell, if they add Mario Party 2, I'll download it.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by JToTheP
I honestly don't see why the constant additions will end before the Wii is buried by the next Nintendo console. There are tons and tons of games they can put on there, and with Sega's "Best Of" support, and TurboGrafix? (Is that how it's spelled?) they have a lot of options. Hell, maybe eventually since the GC is officially buried they will put GC games up, maybe.

You couldn't practically fit GC games.

Besides, virtually emulating something you can actually run is a bit weird.

JToTheP
Well considering Mario Factory has officially stopped making Game cubes, I'd say the console is well buried now. Besides, it was just a suggestion considering I doubt you could find Rogue Leader or Luigi's Mansion for example anywhere except used or ebay now.

Lana
It's officially a dead system, but it's still not terribly hard to find new games, and as the games are still widely sold, why would they emulate it? The Wii was made to play the discs so there's no real point in putting them on VC. Not to mention that the games would be massively huge, in the gigabytes range.

General Kaliero
I still consider the blocks needed for downloading OoT to be too massive to justify. GC games would be murder.

And why emulate GC games when they can spend that time emulating SNES games?

JToTheP
Dammit, they had Donkey Kong Country up and the other games by now last week, what's the delay!? sad

AstroFan
9 am Pacific dude, you were 30 minutes early. lol

JToTheP
Oh, I didn't know everything goes by Pacific time. >.<;;; I want the Super Star Wars Trilogy up to.

Tekno Boy
if they have DK Country up there, then would put Diddy Kong Racing on there. They're both made by Rare.

JToTheP
Tekno, I have one website for you: www.diddykongracing.com

It JUST came out for the DS, and if you haven't noticed the Kong Country trilogy has DK, who has a Nintendo mascot. Nintendo bought all the DKC games from rare as of the split. That's why they are remade on GBA, and that's why DKC is on VC.

Diddy Kong Racing has Banjo, and Conker, two Rare mascots, so you won't see the original on VC.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>