For Canadians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
Heres a question, is Canada really as safe as that film made out, you know Bowling for Columbine.

drewbiefan
I think canada is safe! I saw that film. I saw surprised by the crime rate, how low it was in canada compared to USA

Alfheim
Originally posted by drewbiefan
I think canada is safe! I saw that film. I saw surprised by the crime rate, how low it was in canada compared to USA

Bah! You're not Canadian so how do you know?

Starhawk
In my area in the last month, 2 shootings. and a woman threw her 3 year old child off an overpass into highway traffic and then jumped off herself.

You be the judge.

Lady Fianna
Originally posted by Starhawk
In my area in the last month, 2 shootings. and a woman threw her 3 year old child off an overpass into highway traffic and then jumped off herself.

You be the judge. That's nothing. Try living in London. ermm

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by Lady Fianna
That's nothing. Try living in London. ermm Drive by arguments!

"I DISAGREE"

Alfheim

You be the judge.

I had a feeling it wasnt that clear cut.

Lady Fianna
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
Drive by arguments!

"I DISAGREE" ermm

~Da Rev~
ermm Its from family guy...you know what, its not important. Just get back on you knees droolio

~Da Moose~

You be the judge.

Pfft....that's the Toronto area, so of course that's gonna happen there.

As for the rest of Canada, yes, it is true Alfheim. Granted , we still have crime, but relative to the US, we're a crime free Utopia.

Lady Fianna
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
Its from family guy...you know what, its not important. Just get back on you knees droolio Can't we swap positions for a little while? It gets a little tiring.

drewbiefan
Originally posted by Alfheim
Bah! You're not Canadian so how do you know? No I do not live in canada yet! smile But i know things about canada as canada is my country at heart! I know these things also because my cousin lives in canada! I also know where high crime rates are. I just do not hear canadian news.From what i hear i know toronto is fairly crimy but not as bad as US cities, a lot of people know that.

~Da Rev~
Can't we swap positions for a little while? It gets a little tiring. hmm

I suppose. Let me do my warm ups.

*cracks jaw*

Alfheim
Originally posted by ~Da Moose~
Pfft....that's the Toronto area, so of course that's gonna happen there.

As for the rest of Canada, yes, it is true Alfheim. Granted , we still have crime, but relative to the US, we're a crime free Utopia.

Well that was another thing I was thinking it will depend on the area. In all honesty I think crime is increasing in London. Unfortuantely the Uk likes to take all bad habits from the US.

I was thinking that of course you have to know which areas to avoid in Canada.

No I do not live in canada yet! smile But i know things about canada as canada is my country at heart! I know these things also because my cousin lives in canada! I also know where high crime rates are. I just do not hear canadian news.From what i hear i know toronto is fairly crimy but not as bad as US cities, a lot of people know that.

Ok fair enough.

drewbiefan
Oh of course i am not so great at knowing the crime rates properly as we do not have canada news LOL! But i just generally know and probably am right over that, when i say that the us would be a lot more crimer.
London england areyou taling about?
That is not extremly crimy at all. Maybe was last year. Oh yea i love BCstick out tongue

~Da Moose~
Well that was another thing I was thinking it will depend on the area. In all honesty I think crime is increasing in London. Unfortuantely the Uk likes to take all bad habits from the US.

yes Any large metropolitan area will see an increase of course, it stands to reason. Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal....all have higher crime rates, than say, Moose Jaw (yes, I had to use that example) or Regina. Compared to the States though, we have very little crime.

Alfheim
Oh of course i am not so great at knowing the crime rates properly as we do not have canada news LOL! But i just generally know and probably am right over that, when i say that the us would be a lot more crimer.
London england areyou taling about?
That is not extremly crimy at all. Maybe was last year. Oh yea i love BCstick out tongue

Whats BC? Sorry what???

Starhawk
No I do not live in canada yet! smile But i know things about canada as canada is my country at heart! I know these things also because my cousin lives in canada! I also know where high crime rates are. I just do not hear canadian news.From what i hear i know toronto is fairly crimy but not as bad as US cities, a lot of people know that.

I live in a nice city called London, Ontario.

twice in the last month someone has gone to the downtown and opened fire into a crowd.

drewbiefan
Vancouver??? messed

That is why i could never live right in a city. I mean compare europe with england, theyre both different! In europe, I think cities are generally safer.

Alfheim
yes Any large metropolitan area will see an increase of course, it stands to reason. Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal....all have higher crime rates, than say, Moose Jaw (yes, I had to use that example) or Regina. Compared to the States though, we have very little crime.

Well yeah ok but are the major cities as bad as the US?

Starhawk
Not as but we are getting there.

drewbiefan
I would say not. I mean am i right but US is freely allowed to use guns! Canada is not the same.

Wouldn't this thread suit better in the genral discussion as it is about crime?

Alfheim
Not as but we are getting there.

Its the same in London as well. Its like the whole world is turning to ****.

~Da Moose~
I live in a nice city called London, Ontario.

twice in the last month someone has gone to the downtown and opened fire into a crowd.

eek! You do? Where? I'm in Lambeth.

Starhawk
Your from London too? lol just accross the pond one.

drewbiefan
I agree, I think this world is getting worse for it sad

Lady Fianna

I'm not sure if crime in London is increasing or whether more of it just been covered by the media

In context there is roughly 400 students in my halls in South East London, I've of heard of one case of someone being sexually abused and about three people getting mugged in the three months we've been there. Obviously not good that anyone gets attacked but it's better than I thought it would be, though in the wider area there is a lot more going on.

Alfheim
Your from London too? lol just accross the pond one.

Oh yeah sorry im from London UK.

~Da Moose~
Well yeah ok but are the major cities as bad as the US?

No, they are not. Mind you, Toronto is seeing an increased violence. Just last Christmas, downtown was marred by gang violence with a young girl being gunned down.

Still, the frequency does not match that of US major cities, in the least.

Alfheim
I'm not sure if crime in London is increasing or whether more of it just been covered by the media

In context there is roughly 400 students in my halls in South East London, I've of heard of one case of someone being sexually abused and about three people getting mugged in the three months we've been there. Obviously not good that anyone gets attacked but it's better than I thought it would be, though in the wider area there is a lot more going on.

Mugged.....at gun point?

Starhawk
No, they are not. Mind you, Toronto is seeing an increased violence. Just last Christmas, downtown was marred by gang violence with a young girl being gunned down.

Still, the frequency does not match that of US major cities, in the least.

I'm from London Ontario and yes our major cities are getting worse.

drewbiefan
Someone told me london is not so greatmessed

Lady Fianna
Mugged.....at gun point? No, one girl had her bag stolen but she didn't let go when it was grabbed, so whoever was stealing it punched her in the face. Haven't heard about anything with actual weapons though.

Starhawk
Am I the only person on here from London Ontario?

~Da Moose~
I'm from London Ontario and yes our major cities are getting worse.

I just said, so am I. Lambeth. confused

At any rate they are, I agree, but not as bad as the US.

I know this, because, when someone is killed in downtown Toronto, it's national news. When it happens in Detroit, or Atlanta, or LA, it's not even a blip on the US national radar, unless it's extremely heinous.

~Da Moose~
Am I the only person on here from London Ontario?

FFS, are you being obtuse? NO, I just said, twice , that I am as well. mad

Starhawk
FFS, are you being obtuse? NO, I just said, twice , that I am as well. mad

Nice dude, anyone else from our little corner of the earth?

Strangelove
Yes, Canada has a much lower crime rate. I love Canada, I've been there a couple times. It's America without all the stupid

~Da Moose~
Nice dude, anyone else from our little corner of the earth?

Not really. silver_tears is studying in Guelph...other than that, no one that I know of.

Alfheim
I just said, so am I. Lambeth. confused

At any rate they are, I agree, but not as bad as the US.

I know this, because, when someone is killed in downtown Toronto, it's national news.

Damn that sounds like its more rare in Canada than the UK. Anyway im not sure if I wanna relocate I just feel I wanna go somewhere new. I would be gutted if I left UK and got into even more ****.

Alfheim
No, one girl had her bag stolen but she didn't let go when it was grabbed, so whoever was stealing it punched her in the face. Haven't heard about anything with actual weapons though.

You go to Goldsmith's College?

Starhawk
Not really. silver_tears is studying in Guelph...other than that, no one that I know of.

Damn, I was hoping some of the other Canadians on here were.

Lady Fianna
You go to Goldsmith's College? Yeah. How did you know that? detective

Alfheim

drewbiefan
maybe some of us will get citizenship therestick out tonguestick out tongue

Alfheim
maybe some of us will get citizenship therestick out tonguestick out tongue

Maybe I just want some ****ing peace and quiet and the occasional goth club...LOL. I dont wanna go to a place that is so safe that its boring.

Lady Fianna

Strangelove
Originally posted by Strangelove
Yes, Canada has a much lower crime rate. I love Canada, I've been there a couple times. It's America without all the stupid

Alfheim

New Cross isn't great but it's better than Peckham or Camberwell..or anywhere around the Millwall football ground. Are you in the South East as well?

No comment. no expression

drewbiefan
what do you meanbig grin?
Well I do nt like living here, but I am so glad that we barely have any crime! I should probably consider myself lucky in a way.

Alfheim
what do you meanbig grin?
Well I do nt like living here, but I am so glad that we barely have any crime! I should probably consider myself lucky in a way.

Yeah its fine here really. Im just fed up of being here all the time. I wanna change.

drewbiefan
I noticed one problem for me though in canada. That it was soo boring" But i would love to lve therestick out tongue

Alfheim
I noticed one problem for me though in canada. That it was soo boring" But i would love to lve therestick out tongue

Thats the thing safe countries tend to be boring. I guess bored is better than dead. laughing

drewbiefan
Ya I agree, as no one would visit the boring parts haha. But I would be bored to tears, realised that when I went to canada where my friend lives! LOL

Alfheim
Ya I agree, as no one would visit the boring parts haha. But I would be bored to tears, realised that when I went to canada where my friend lives! LOL

Anyway I meditate alot, so id be ok. Dont need friends that much, but too much isolation would suck.

~Da Moose~
Thats the thing safe countries tend to be boring. I guess bored is better than dead. laughing

It's not boring actually....it's sort of like The US, but, US light.

Like Strangelove said, it's like America withouut the Stupid.

Alfheim
It's not boring actually....it's sort of like The US, but, US light.

Like Strangelove said, it's like America withouut the Stupid.

That sounds very very very very cool. Im suprised Canada is not talked about more. Its as if Canda is percieved as a lesser version of America.

I speak abit of French but its not essential depending on where you live?

~Da Moose~
That sounds very very very very cool. Im suprised Canada is not talked about more. Its as if Canda is percieved as a lesser version of America.

If you ask many Americans, they will say Canada is their 'red headed step child' but in reality, that's a lot of personal insecurity and the need to put down others to feel superior, talking.

If you choose an isolated outpost ANYWHERE it will be boring. Canada, America, The UK - it's all the same. There are many smaller 'big towns' in Canada like London, Ontario, that have the best of both worlds. 400,000 people, but, a small town feel. Violence is not at a premium, many entertainment venues, and it's relatively close to many of the larger cities - 2 hrs from Toronto, 2 hours from Detroit, Michigan. You can't lose.

Alfheim
If you ask many Americans, they will say Canada is their 'red headed step child' but in reality, that's a lot of personal insecurity and the need to put down others to feel superior, talking.

Yeah I can imagine. I dont know that much about Canada but it does seem a more civilised place. Yes that sounds like jealousy.

If you choose an isolated outpost ANYWHERE it will be boring. Canada, America, The UK - it's all the same. There are many smaller 'big towns' in Canada like London, Ontario, that have the best of both worlds. 400,000 people, but, a small town feel. Violence is not at a premium, many entertainment venues, and it's relatively close to many of the larger cities - 2 hrs from Toronto, 2 hours from Detroit, Michigan. You can't lose.

OK I think im going to have to look into this.

~Da Moose~
Yeah I can imagine. I dont know that much about Canada but it does seem a more civilised place. Yes that sounds like jealousy.

OK I think im going to have to look into this.

I don't know if it's jealousy or just...insecurity. srug Ask many Americans and they will say we're jealous of them.

Yeah, for sure, if you're thinking of coming here. I'd be happy to answer any questions if you have any as well. smile

Alfheim
I don't know if it's jealousy or just...insecurity. srug Ask many Americans and they will say we're jealous of them.

Yeah all Canadians wanna get shot. laughing out loud

Yeah, for sure, if you're thinking of coming here. I'd be happy to answer any questions if you have any as well. smile

Ok cheers.

~Da Moose~
Yeah all Canadians wanna get shot. laughing out loud

Ok cheers.

laughing out loud

Cheers mate. smile

Lady Fianna
No comment. no expression So that's Peckham or Camberwell then? bag

Alfheim
So that's Peckham or Camberwell then? bag

Im not saying another word until I speak to my Lawyer. no expression

silver_tears
I've never felt unsafe, and I live in one of the biggest cities in Canada shrug

Starhawk
Originally posted by silver_tears

I heard you lived near london.

silver_tears
I live in Toronto, I go to school near London, Guelph to be exact.

drewbiefan
Actually USA has a lot of boring parts although has the big cities!
so many people suffer living in a boring town becaue bigger countries are more spread out. d be proud to settle myself as a citizen of one of thosestick out tongue

~Da Moose~

You're also a gang banger packing heat...silva-thug.

silver_tears
True say homie g, I sleep with a gun under my pillow jus in case smoke

~Da Moose~
True say homie g, I sleep with a gun under my pillow jus in case smoke

laughing out loud You're too pretty to pull that off. I totally pictured you saying that while wearing a lace teddy.

Of course, I picture you saying nearly everything while you are wearing a lace teddy.

silver_tears
Pfft please, I like a little variety every now and then........make it silk next time mhm

~Da Moose~
Pfft please, I like a little variety every now and then........make it silk next time mhm

Foine....you just said THAT while in a silk teddy. And holding a box of Donuts..... confused

silver_tears
The powdered kind? shock

~Da Moose~
The powdered kind? shock

Yes....What the f**k? How did you know?

Demonic Phoenix
Damn, I was hoping some of the other Canadians on here were.

I'm residing in Canada, and I'm close to a Metropolitan area, Toronto.

~Da Moose~
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I'm residing in Canada, and I'm close to a Metropolitan area, Toronto.

w00t

Where are you from originally?

Demonic Phoenix
w00t

Where are you from originally?

Long storyembarrasment.

~Da Moose~
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Long storyembarrasment.

Heh, Ok.....? Is it a bad one? confused

Demonic Phoenix
Heh, Ok.....? Is it a bad one? confused

Nahh, just longstick out tongue

drewbiefan
I hope to become from somewhere like Toronto, but not obviously right in the center of the city. I believe home is where the heart is, mine certainly is not here. So yea, I have always classifed it as being my home! Toronto as it seems is polluted! But a lot safer than other big cities!Considering most on here are english speaking, this thread has turned into an internaitonal threadstick out tongue but oh well we are all englishbig grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.