Thor vs. Superman foes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charlemagne9746
The Superman/Thor debate will go on and on...however, how would Thor fare against many of Superman's opponents.

1. Doomsday
2. Darkseid
3. Braniac
4. Lobo
5. Mongul
6. General Zod
7. Despero
8. Gog
9. Lex Luther
10. Kalibak

tdawg14
Thor vs. Superman foes

The Superman/Thor debate will go on and on...however, how would Thor fare against many of Superman's opponents.

1. Doomsday - Wins the first match, then probably goes down
2. Darkseid - Loss
3. Braniac - Wins
4. Lobo - Wins
5. Mongul - Wins
6. General Zod - Wins
7. Despero - Loss
8. Gog - Close here. Loses more than wins
9. Lex Luther - Wins
10. Kalibak - Wins

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by tdawg14
Thor vs. Superman foes

1. Doomsday - Wins the first match, then probably goes down
2. Darkseid - Loss
3. Braniac - Wins
4. Lobo - Wins
5. Mongul - Wins
6. General Zod - Wins
7. Despero - Loss
8. Gog - Close here. Loses more than wins
9. Lex Luther - Wins
10. Kalibak - Wins

THor is not beating Lobo( who is enchanted against Thor's magic), or Mongul, Who hasn't shown any weakness towards magic either.

tdawg14
Thor definitely takes Lobo. But you have your opinion and I have mine

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thor definitely takes Lobo. But you have your opinion and I have mine

What is he going to do to him? Kill him?

grey fox
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl

KO him.

tdawg14
What is Lobo going to do to Thor? Tell him a bad joke. Thor would knock his ass out.

nvrbeenwthagirl
What is Lobo going to do to Thor? Tell him a bad joke. Thor would knock his ass out.

Oh really? You must think Thor is stronger than Superman.

olympian
Mongul doesnt hold up to Thor, tho.

Like father, like son.

Lobo is debatable. The crazy one from the solo series with the cloning powerset, would make for a bloody slugfest. The current one, not so much.

tdawg14
In terms of physical strength, Supes is stronger than Thor. I do believe Thor would win a majority due to Mjolnir

juggernaut66666
Darkseid smack Thor.

xmeat
thor knocks lobo and mongul the **** out.

Redatom65
1. Doomsday wins 8/10 times
2. Darkseid wins 9/10 times
3. Braniac wins 8/10 times
4. Lobo loses 6/10 times
5. Mongul loses 7/10 times
6. General Zod loses 6/10 times
7. Despero oses 6/10 times
8. Gog oses 6/10 times
9. Lex Luther wins 7/10 times
10. Kalibak loses 9/10 times

xmeat
Originally posted by Redatom65
1. Doomsday wins 8/10 times
2. Darkseid wins 9/10 times
3. Braniac wins 8/10 times
4. Lobo loses 6/10 times
5. Mongul loses 7/10 times
6. General Zod loses 6/10 times
7. Despero oses 6/10 times
8. Gog oses 6/10 times
9. Lex Luther wins 7/10 times
10. Kalibak loses 9/10 times

how does lex and brainiac beat thor.

Redatom65
intelligence factor. See with you being a fanboy of the Huk, you can't see how money and inteligence may be a factor. Pus Brainaiac has always been downright badass. Ok so maybe Luthor loses 7/10. I'll give Thor that. But ain't budging on Brianiac

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Redatom65
being a fanboy of the Huk

eek! The Huk!

I agree with everything else you said though

Beta Ray Howard
1. Doomsday
He's gonna get godblasted the f#*@ out.

2. Darkseid
Depends on your view of 'seid. If it's during his portrayal before the Crisis, then Darkseid wins every time. After Loeb got a hold of him? Thor would mess him up like there's no tomorrow.

3. Braniac
Depends on the incarnation of Braniac. Most would just outsmart Thor and contain him.

4. Lobo
Lobo is gonna be an idiot like usual and get his lights punched out.

5. Mongul
Dead.

6. General Zod
Movie Zod would eat Thor alive just because of how awesome he is. "For Tomorrow" Zod dies.

7. Despero
If this is Despero from Virtue and Vice, Thor loses. Most other times he's appeared he'd win a slight majority.

8. Gog
Gog would have to break out the whole army, but if he's gonna cheat and bring in more (sounds like I'm arguing against CBR Batman) then Thor 'ports in Heralds and Beta Ray Bill.

Straight fight between the two then Gog loses. He's tailored to fight Superman to a T, but not an asgardian god.

9. Lex Luthor
Luthor is dead. You'd have to give him ages of time to prepare.

10. Kalibak
Is about 50 types of dead.

Scoobless
1. Doomsday

DOS Doomsday gets killed, Hunter Prey Doomsday gets BFRd.

2. Darkseid

The version that loses to Superman would lose to Thor, other Version ... depends on whether Mjolnir can block/absorb/reflect the omega force... but FP Darkseid should win

3. Braniac

Braniac loses, Mjolnir >>> technology

4. Lobo

Lobo gets beaten senseless then possibly BFRd once it become obvious that he wont die.

5. Mongul

Mongul loses

6. General Zod

Zod loses

7. Despero

(not really a Superman villain)

TP attacks can be blocked/reflected ... other than that, Despero has nothing Thor hasn't beaten before.

8. Gog

Gog only lasts against Superman because he knows his weakness and uses Kryptonite, Thor kills him

9. Lex Luthor

Again, Mjolnir >>> anything Lex can come up with.

10. Kalibak

Thor >> brainless brawlers.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
1. Doomsday

2. Darkseid
Depends on your view of 'seid. If it's during his portrayal before the Crisis, then Darkseid wins every time. After Loeb got a hold of him? Thor would mess him up like there's no tomorrow.

3. Braniac
Depends on the incarnation of Braniac. Most would just outsmart Thor and contain him.

4. Lobo

5. Mongul
Dead.

6. General Zod
Movie Zod would eat Thor alive just because of how awesome he is. "For Tomorrow" Zod dies.

7. Despero
If this is Despero from Virtue and Vice, Thor loses. Most other times he's appeared he'd win a slight majority.

8. Gog
Gog would have to break out the whole army, but if he's gonna cheat and bring in more (sounds like I'm arguing against CBR Batman) then Thor 'ports in Heralds and Beta Ray Bill.

Straight fight between the two then Gog loses. He's tailored to fight Superman to a T, but not an asgardian god.

9. Lex Luthor

10. Kalibak

I completely agree. Darseid and Despero are the ones I see pulling majorities against Thor.

h1a8
1. Doomsday is immune to all energy projection (all versions). This was explained by DC. Even the omega effect had no effect. DOS DD can only be defeated by thousands of hits of Superman's strength. Hunter Prey DD can only be BFR. But he is too fast and relentless for this. DD is comparable in speed to flash. Thor's physical durability (not energy durability) is far below Superman's. DD owns Thor faster than I can blink (faster than he owned Darkseid). Remember "Twik" the sound of DD's protrusions going all the way through Superman like tissue paper.

2. Darkseid just erases him. Remember the OE can travel through space, time, and dimensions.

3. I think Brainiac loses here. Unless he can control his mind. I don't know.

4. Has lobo ever been knocked out before. If so then he loses here. Unless Thor makes the mistake of drawing blood from him.

5. Mongul is virtually immune to energy projection as well (as far as been seen in his history). Probably not absolutely like DD is though.
Supreme physical force can KO him (like a non holding back Superman or DD). I don't if Thor has enough power as these. Anyway Thor wins by BFR or just by staying in the air blasting away (if that even fazes Mongul though).

6. General Zod will be a tough fight. Similar to Superman. It can go either way (only because Superman>Zod).

7. Despero (I don't know much about him).

8. Thor beats Gog well.

9. Kalibak loses here too.

MattDay
agree with h1a8

Jyppe
Originally posted by Scoobless

7. Despero

TP attacks can be blocked/reflected ... other than that, Despero has nothing Thor hasn't beaten before.

Umm, how does one reflect a TP attack? Even with a magical hammer, I just don't see it happening. IMO Despero would take it.

SuperiorTech
bump

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/VS%20SUPERHEROES/VS%20LOBO/5.jpg

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
1. Doomsday

2. Darkseid

3. Braniac

4. Lobo

5. Mongul
Dead.

6. General Zod

7. Despero

8. Gog

9. Lex Luthor

10. Kalibak

Not too shabby there.
thumb up

Black bolt z
1. Doomsday: Depends which version
2. Darkseid: Thor loses
3. Braniac: Depends which version but i'd say thor majority
4. Lobo: Lobo
5. Mongul: Don't know enough about him
6. General Zod: mmm. Delph vs. Rage. I'm going with delph stick out tongue
7. Despero: Despero
8. Gog: Gog
9. Lex Luther: Thor
10. Kalibak: Thor.

SquallX
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/VS%20SUPERHEROES/VS%20LOBO/5.jpg

Are you trying to downplay Lobo, or what.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Scoobless
1. Doomsday

DOS Doomsday gets killed, Hunter Prey Doomsday gets BFRd.

2. Darkseid

The version that loses to Superman would lose to Thor, other Version ... depends on whether Mjolnir can block/absorb/reflect the omega force... but FP Darkseid should win

3. Braniac

Braniac loses, Mjolnir >>> technology

4. Lobo

Lobo gets beaten senseless then possibly BFRd once it become obvious that he wont die.

5. Mongul

Mongul loses

6. General Zod

Zod loses

7. Despero

8. Gog

Gog only lasts against Superman because he knows his weakness and uses Kryptonite, Thor kills him

9. Lex Luthor

Again, Mjolnir >>> anything Lex can come up with.

10. Kalibak

Thor >> brainless brawlers. tell Cho that tech fails against magic.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by SquallX
Are you trying to downplay Lobo, or what.

He asked what Thor could do to Lobo. BFR seems like a good option.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
Umm, how does one reflect a TP attack? Even with a magical hammer, I just don't see it happening. IMO Despero would take it.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorSuperspeed18428.jpg

Sirius77
1. Doomsday
a. DOS- Gets stomped by Thor or current superman.
b. H/P- There is pretty much nothing that Thor or Superman can do to this version of DD. Bfr or Thor loses.

2. Darkseid
a. Jobberside- Gets stomped by Thor or Superman.
b. Darkseid- Stomps both in a number of ways.

3. Braniac- Outsmarts either in most incarnations. Beats down either physically in most incarnations.

4. Lobo
a. Weakest version without insane regen and the whole hell thing gets beat down.
b. The one that cant die and was imprisoned in hell... there aren't many that can truly 'defeat' that version barring bfr.

5. Mongul- Gets smashed by Thor.

6. General Zod- Gives Thor about as good a fight as he does supes.

7. Despero- He's all over the place lol.
a. VV Despero- Stomps thor.
b. Regular with low showings calculated in loses.

8. Gog- If he uses his temporal powers correctly, he stomps. One on one, he GETS stomped.

9. Lex Luther- Using his brains and with prep, he takes a couple wins, but Thor has dealt with deception before, and probably ends up killing Luthor.

10. Kalibak- Thor wins.

Tbh, superman hasn't beaten most of these on his own... DD, Brainiac, Despero, Darkseid, Gog... all of these are team busters in most or all incarnations. It is a fair assessment to say that Thor would fare the same against these foes as Kal, perhaps dealing with them in different ways.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.