Who's missing Marvel's old days?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K3VIL
You know, when sometimes there was a cosmic crossover and Earth's heroes will save the days, when the Avengers fought Nefaria, or Graviton, Kang Masters of Evil, when no witch on emotional breakdown messed up things, Spidey's classic battles with Venom, GG or Sinister Six, or new enemies coming in.FF4 against Annihilus, Gideon Found, Doom or some new cosmic threat.
Now we got politics kicked into the MU so much it looks like a talk show, with battles focused on the two leaders arguing opionions while one reduce the other to a pulp.We got Hulk out a planet, getting the respect he deserve, probably to be back as an enemy for we don't know who, maybe IM will come up with a new armor, and stop Hulk cause he's "anti reg" while he's just "Leave me alone".We got a clone of Thor.We got a new FF4 team coming who looks like, BP and Storm on their own series to gave a sense at their marriage.
What's this?
Quoting Spidey, I didn't signed up for this.
Bah, maybe I'm just a nostalgic, but I'm gonna read the Infinity Crusade and the IG stories again, and maybe the storyarc of Thor and Herc fighting Desak.

grey fox
You know what I miss.

Super-rape

http://www.superdickery.com/images/dick/supermanrapeswondergirl2qq.jpg

Howard_Jones
I do miss those days, but it won't take long for Marvel to return to them.

grey fox
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
I do miss those days, but it won't take long for Marvel to return to them.

What , super rape ?

Galan007
Originally posted by K3VIL
You know, when sometimes there was a cosmic crossover and Earth's heroes will save the days, when the Avengers fought Nefaria, or Graviton, Kang Masters of Evil, when no witch on emotional breakdown messed up things, Spidey's classic battles with Venom, GG or Sinister Six, or new enemies coming in.FF4 against Annihilus, Gideon Found, Doom or some new cosmic threat.
Now we got politics kicked into the MU so much it looks like a talk show, with battles focused on the two leaders arguing opionions while one reduce the other to a pulp.We got Hulk out a planet, getting the respect he deserve, probably to be back as an enemy for we don't know who, maybe IM will come up with a new armor, and stop Hulk cause he's "anti reg" while he's just "Leave me alone".We got a clone of Thor.We got a new FF4 team coming who looks like, BP and Storm on their own series to gave a sense at their marriage.
What's this?
Quoting Spidey, I didn't signed up for this.
Bah, maybe I'm just a nostalgic, but I'm gonna read the Infinity Crusade and the IG stories again, and maybe the storyarc of Thor and Herc fighting Desak. Marvel's writing needs to return to how it was in the Early-Mid 90's. Those were the best years IMO.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Galan007
Marvel's writing needs to return to how it was in the Early-Mid 90's. Those were the best years IMO.

You mean the writing that made Marvel bankrupt? I'm not sure if that is good idea.

616 Marvel Universe titles are in the best shape they have been in at least 20 years.

Galan007
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
You mean the writing that made Marvel bankrupt? I'm not sure if that is good idea. Was it bad writing that made them bankrupt?
Or was it really lack of overall sales, because the comic community in general started to fade out during that time period?

IMO some of the best stories in Marvel, Infinity War, Infinity Gauntlet, etc. were written in that time period.

Dinalfos
The writing is artistically better than it ever was. Still, I miss the old days, also because of the cartoony art.

WrathfulDwarf
You have NO idea how much I missed the good old Spidey Man. sad

Peter Parker was a geeky looking kid with Superpowers. I miss Peter Porker adventures. Marvel butcher the character with all those spidey clones. Mary Jane Watson getting married to Peter was atrocious. I take Gwen any day. The death of Aunt May was pointless.

Punisher was a total badass! Then they change him into an avenging Angel crap.

Don't get me started with the FF. It's lame nowadays.

Iron Man suits look more like a cheap rip off of Gundam Suit Mobile.

Classic Wolverine is not as overrated as today.

Speaking of which...the X-men...killing Colossus? Very lame.

Marvels Comics was the shit back in the day.

DigiMark007
The only thing Marvel used to do good was Spider-Man and Cosmic stuff.

Otherwise, they can't do anything without clones, bringing people back from the dead, lame costume chages, upgrades, etc.

I think they're headed in the right direction though. And no, I'm not missing the old days. There's good and bad titles, like always, but there's much more intelligent and cool stuff now like Authority, Y - The Last Man, Fables, etc. that breaks down barriers of comics.

inamilist
I think it would improve a lot if they simply made a new rule:

dead people stay dead

pr1983
Originally posted by grey fox
You know what I miss.

Super-rape

What the f**k?

Entity
Originally posted by inamilist
I think it would improve a lot if they simply made a new rule:

dead people stay dead
That should go for all companies but a BIG AGREED!!!
msn-wink thumbsup big grin

marvelprince
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
You mean the writing that made Marvel bankrupt? I'm not sure if that is good idea.

616 Marvel Universe titles are in the best shape they have been in at least 20 years.

Quoted for truth. With the exception of Spider-Man I only used to be a sporadic comic reader. Now with the direction "nu" Marvel is heading I'm onboard for the long haul

roughrider
Originally posted by grey fox
You know what I miss.

Super-rape

Unfair shot at Supes. His body was possesed by a bitter-minded cripple that story, while Clark was in the other body.

I miss the innocence of some of those older days, but there are many positives to the maturing of the medium, these past two decades. The art looks terrific across all titles, and is well-presented thanks to the high-quality paper replacing newsprint (even though it means more money to buy issues.)

inamilist
For the most part, I find the minis to be the best part of the comic book industry right now. The 6-12 parters, where there is enough of a story built.

The ongoings are good, but once the author gets what they want to say done, it can become stale, IMHO.

Nextwave is amazing, probably would have fizzled as more than 12 issues though, which is all it was planned for in the first place

oh, also, if Civil war had been done in an alternate universe like Universe X was, or Spiderman: Reign, it would be so fantastically amazing.

Mindship
I miss the old days, the innocence and simplicity, the straightforward storytelling that dealt with time-honored themes and not one-upmanship. On the other hand, today's comics are more mature, have better science and waayyy better art.

Black Adam
I'm enjoying current marvel. smile

it has something for everyone.

grey fox
Originally posted by roughrider
Unfair shot at Supes. His body was possesed by a bitter-minded cripple that story, while Clark was in the other body.

I miss the innocence of some of those older days, but there are many positives to the maturing of the medium, these past two decades. The art looks terrific across all titles, and is well-presented thanks to the high-quality paper replacing newsprint (even though it means more money to buy issues.)

I know ... but misunderstanding the context is so HILARIOUS !

FOOM
I miss the price.

Soujaboy
I like the current comics....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.