EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Tony Stark vs Roldz (Vote Now!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94

Scoobless
Is he allowed to use telepathy on the other team during prep?

Evangel94
This goes out to all those posting links in their write-ups and posts!
Replace the braces "{}" with brackets "" in all examples.

{url}http://www.supermanhomepage.com/com...omics-new_supes {/url}

It gets truncated (cut short) if it's over a certain length and replaced with the "..." we see often.

Post Links this way:

{url=http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/comics.php?topic=comics-new_supes}http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/comics.php?topic=comics-new_supes{/url}

And it will work with long links addresses. Make it easier on everybody. Especially me who has to look at the link shortcuts just to see the real link.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Scoobless
Is he allowed to use telepathy on the other team during prep?

He is not allowed to use it on the other team.

But he is allowed to use it on his own team during prep.

Also I'm not going to check everybody's write-up. I might see a few, but I only post what people send me. If some part violates the rules, it's up to the reader to point it out and vote accordingly.

King Kandy
Roldz write up is good... But there isn't really a strategy... Just abunch of scans showing how tough his guys are, with a thread of a tactic holding them together...

Roldz
Well the scans posted was to show that my char is actually capable of doing what is writin and to help better understand the action being done...

King KAM
nice write-up....but i think sentry isnt being taken seirous enough

Evangel94
I'm actually a little disappointed no one has taken the terrain into consideration. It's going to be hell to some meta and most street level characters.

Tony Stark
Sorry all that I was unable to get this out sooner... I worked 16hrs yesterday then waited to see what the terrain was and then had to get some sleep because I had to be to work at 4am to do it all over today but I got off easy with only 12.5hrs today. I have not looked at anything that has been written about the fight other than the terrain last night... It just wouldn't be as fun do look at whats been said until after I gave out my battle plan... And So far all of the battles have have been alot of fun to follow as a bystander and hopefully we'll continue the party here.

Well all of my characters have extensive battle prowess and of course with Iron Man, Black Panther and Zemo leading the way they have quite the battle planning possibilities along with the tactical wherewithal in addition to them having all the brain power and tech that one could ask for.

All of my characters know of each other and their talents except Ultimate Black Widow whom from the word go is showing that she may even be more lethal than her counterpart 616 version. Which makes Tony Wiley smile to himself.

All of these world beaters are very familiar to working in a team environment and with everything that they have ever held dear to themselves being mortally threatened they are most definitely ready to go for the jugular (or the KO) with every opportunity that is put in front of them. No matter what the cost.

As it is well known that Tony has hundreds of Iron Man armor just sitting around and ready for battle. During the time that Tony spent in The Avengers with The Black Panther he worked out a deal with BP to trade some Stark International stock for a large quantity of vibranium which with BP's help Tony integrated into 50 Iron man suits but part of the deal was that Tony couldn't use these vibranium IM suits unless A. BP would get to use one and B. only if they where having everything that they have ever held dear to them mortally threatened. So Because both A. and B. were met Tony hands out 4 suits and dons one himself too. Although Atlas is a little bit upset that he's too big to wear one he shrugs it off and readies himself for battle along with everyone else. While Bob says he's fine without one but thanks.

BP,Cage,Zemo spend most of an hour getting used to their new toys Tony goes over the game plan with The SENTRY and Atlas. While the rest of the group has the plans downloaded into their suits already. Zemo has given each character some head gear to wear under their suits to be an additional safeguard against psychic attacks to coincide with Tony's TP and TK blocks that are already installed in his suits. They are also being worn by Bob and Atlas too.

The SENTRY and IM are to go straight for Superman red/blue and use his energy controlling powers to try and control red/blues powers and to see if he can restrict from using them while IM uses his disruptor rupulsers to disrupt red/blue and turn him back to clark as a best case scenario and just KO him quickly as Clark or because of the fact that red/blue Supes is a very weak version he's taken down extremely quickly by Bob and IM if the 1st attempt of turning him back to Clark isn't successful. Bob himself can take red/blue easily and with IM's help even quicker. Atlas is to go for Dane and with his great strength and durability and size (height and weight)(his weight is cubed by his height)His normal height is 6ft weight 220lbs can grow to be 60ft and weigh 220,000lbs he is just too much man for dane to deal with (psychic headband)

BP will draw grail and with Tony's vibranium suit and the ebony blade that he's wielding he dominates Grail quickly.

Zemo has Backlash, IM has Havok, Black Widow has Zealot, and Cage has Iron Fist in the heroes for hire reunion tour. Although each of IM, Zemo, Black Widow, and Cage are more than capable of taking out their opponents solo. They just needs to keep them occupied until they add Bob to the clean up crew then it indeed does become short work for my team.

(Superior skills + Vibranium IM suits + psychic blocking head bands throughout + Bob = TEAM Stark wins)

Lets party cool

Evangel94
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Sorry all that I was unable to get this out sooner... I worked 16hrs yesterday then waited to see what the terrain was and then had to get some sleep because I had to be to work at 4am to do it all over today but I got off easy with only 12.5hrs today. I have not looked at anything that has been written about the fight other than the terrain last night... It just wouldn't be as fun do look at whats been said until after I gave out my battle plan... And So far all of the battles have have been alot of fun to follow as a bystander and hopefully we'll continue the party here.

Well all of my characters have extensive battle prowess and of course with Iron Man, Black Panther and Zemo leading the way they have quite the battle planning possibilities along with the tactical wherewithal in addition to them having all the brain power and tech that one could ask for.

All of my characters know of each other and their talents except Ultimate Black Widow whom from the word go is showing that she may even be more lethal than her counterpart 616 version. Which makes Tony Wiley smile to himself.

All of these world beaters are very familiar to working in a team environment and with everything that they have ever held dear to themselves being mortally threatened they are most definitely ready to go for the jugular (or the KO) with every opportunity that is put in front of them. No matter what the cost.

As it is well known that Tony has hundreds of Iron Man armor just sitting around and ready for battle. During the time that Tony spent in The Avengers with The Black Panther he worked out a deal with BP to trade some Stark International stock for a large quantity of vibranium which with BP's help Tony integrated into 50 Iron man suits but part of the deal was that Tony couldn't use these vibranium IM suits unless A. BP would get to use one and B. only if they where having everything that they have ever held dear to them mortally threatened. So Because both A. and B. were met Tony hands out 4 suits and dons one himself too. Although Atlas is a little bit upset that he's too big to wear one he shrugs it off and readies himself for battle along with everyone else. While Bob says he's fine without one but thanks.

BP,Cage,Zemo spend most of an hour getting used to their new toys Tony goes over the game plan with The SENTRY and Atlas. While the rest of the group has the plans downloaded into their suits already. Zemo has given each character some head gear to wear under their suits to be an additional safeguard against psychic attacks to coincide with Tony's TP and TK blocks that are already installed in his suits. They are also being worn by Bob and Atlas too.

The SENTRY and IM are to go straight for Superman red/blue and use his energy controlling powers to try and control red/blues powers and to see if he can restrict from using them while IM uses his disruptor rupulsers to disrupt red/blue and turn him back to clark as a best case scenario and just KO him quickly as Clark or because of the fact that red/blue Supes is a very weak version he's taken down extremely quickly by Bob and IM if the 1st attempt of turning him back to Clark isn't successful. Bob himself can take red/blue easily and with IM's help even quicker. Atlas is to go for Dane and with his great strength and durability and size (height and weight)(his weight is cubed by his height)His normal height is 6ft weight 220lbs can grow to be 60ft and weigh 220,000lbs he is just too much man for dane to deal with (psychic headband)

BP will draw grail and with Tony's vibranium suit and the ebony blade that he's wielding he dominates Grail quickly.

Zemo has Backlash, IM has Havok, Black Widow has Zealot, and Cage has Iron Fist in the heroes for hire reunion tour. Although each of IM, Zemo, Black Widow, and Cage are more than capable of taking out their opponents solo. They just needs to keep them occupied until they add Bob to the clean up crew then it indeed does become short work for my team.

(Superior skills + Vibranium IM suits + psychic blocking head bands throughout + Bob = TEAM Stark wins)

Lets party cool

Sorry but you don't get extra Iron Man suits. This is just Iron Man himself fighting with no extra armory equipment and a standard Iron Man suit.

It would have worked though if you didn't pick sentry, and instead picked an extra e.meta character, and went with the prep option I gave everybody.

Imagine all your team members being suddenly transported onto this terrain for the battle. That's how it starts, and you have two hours of prep.

Roldz
I actually wrote this prior to finding about the terrain... I know i ask but was little impatient.. Anyhow ive got 4 flyers in there and are capable of protecting the street level from the lava flows not to mention they (ST levelers) themselves can slightly combat the terrain to there advantage there speed/agility/quick reflex from those geysers, theyre no spiderman but close enough... My meta guys havok is capable of flight and forcefields he can as easy take this fight air to ground, and youve got Backlash whos mist ability and whips could fight long distance while keeping himself safe from the terrain.. I could'nt say desame thing to Tony's E-meta's, metas, street levelers chars, they're only 2 chars on that team thats capable of flight, Atlas can enlarge himself, enhanceing his durability but i think it would be of a disadvantage to the team, the larger he grows the unstable he becomes, Danes TP can take him out from long distance.. It would even be easier to beat this team in this terrain.. Im taking Sentry seriously but again he doesnt have any defense to a shutting down his electrical empulses in the brain and im pretty sure he dies if somethin materialized inside his head..

Evangel94
This match will end around 1:00 PM US Central Time tommorow.

Also if some participants continue to not vote, I'm going to start them off at a disadvantage in further matches. (Such as starting them at -1 votes which immediately gives the opponent the advantage vote wise)

Scoobless
Where exactly is Zemo getting these TP blocking headbands from?

And I'm pretty sure you can't OHK by materialising stuff inside people's heads.

Roldz
I think Tony is going to need make new write up since those Iron man suits is banned..
Question for future references, Is dematerializing and materializing object on chars OHK or NoOHK?

TricksterPriest
If it incapacitates them and they can't defend, I presume it's one hit kill. If it just paralyzes them or hold them, it might be ok. You'll have to ask Evangel.

Evangel94
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
If it incapacitates them and they can't defend, I presume it's one hit kill.

Exactly.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Roldz
I think Tony is going to need make new write up since those Iron man suits is banned..
Question for future references, Is dematerializing and materializing object on chars OHK or NoOHK?

On characters? You mean like ontop of their bodies? Like forming an anvil and dropping it on them, then no, it's not a one hit kill.

Materializing an anvil in someone's head? Yes, it's a one hit kill.

Maestro
Hmmm there seriously needs to be a concrete FAQ for this tournament, most stuff seems to be too vague or not known by competitors to start their battles.

Roldz
Well i quess he (Backlash) reforms IM's from mist minus the leg/arm, it'd be inside Sentry's abdominal cavities doug... It wouldnt kill him right there and it sure isnt 1hit kill...

Evangel94
Originally posted by Maestro
Hmmm there seriously needs to be a concrete FAQ for this tournament, most stuff seems to be too vague or not known by competitors to start their battles.

There's a rules section right here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=431566

These rules always apply unless I state otherwise at the beginning of a match.

There's only a few questionable things that need to be answered. But these competitors should know better that to try these tactics.

Materializing in someone's head is obviously a one hit kill, and getting extra Iron Man armors has always been against the rules.

Evangel94
When it comes to voting people should consider these categories in terms of priority

1. Team: How powerful is the team? Will they work together?

2. Write-Up: How concise and ingenuitive is the write-up? Is it plausible?

3. The debate that occurs between the contestants after the match has started: Which contestant brought up valid arguable points that leverages the battle in their favor?

Having two out of the three should make you vote in that contestants favor.

Evangel94
With the above terms and points some people aren't voting because their some or all parts of their write-ups aren't valid. And because their hasn't been a debate!

The only thing people have to go on is the terrain and the teams. It's very hard to vote with only that to go on.

Roldz
Well then i vote for myself since nobody is voting..lol stick out tongue

Evangel94
Well then i vote for myself since nobody is voting..lol stick out tongue

You should be able to create a write-up without posting a lot of links or scans. It isn't always necessary unless there's something questionable that people need clarification on. Save scans for the debate. Even you must admit that just looking at your write-up on first glance makes it hard to read and it needs a little more organization. Paragraphs please.

Plus, I had to look up all your links MANUALLY! because I couldn't directly copy & paste your write-up from my inbox. Directly copying and pasting your links left the links invalid because of the "..." in the address. Do you know how TEDIOUS that is?! And your not the only one who did that. A few others practically listed almost a full feat thread.

Roldz
Originally posted by Evangel94
You should be able to create a write-up without posting a lot of links or scans. It isn't always necessary unless there's something questionable that people need clarification on. Save scans for the debate. Even you must admit that just looking at your write-up on first glance makes it hard to read and it needs a little more organization. Paragraphs please.

Plus I had to look up are you links MANUALLY! because I couldn't directly copy & paste your write-up. Do you KNOW how TEDIOUS that is?
I had thought itd make it easier to understand what i wrote with scan to back it up... But i quess am wrong.. hmm..

Couldnt you just cut and paste then add to Thread, Ive done that quite a bit.. It works..

Laminator_X
With more than half a day left on the clock and as yet no actual debating why would anyone vote yet?

Evangel94
This has happened lately in the last few matches because the participants post and different times and aren't on at the same time. We barely get any votes.

Laminator_X

Plus, I had to look up all your links MANUALLY! because I couldn't directly copy & paste your write-up from my inbox. Directly copying and pasting your links left the links invalid because of the "..." in the address. Do you know how TEDIOUS that is?! And your not the only one who did that. A few others practically listed almost a full feat thread.

If you use the reply button while you're viewing the PM you can then copy it with links and tags intact.

Scoobless
This has happened lately in the last few matches because the participants post and different times and aren't on at the same time. We barely get any votes.

Yeah .. but this match is a little different because most people probably aren't that familiar with half of Roldz's team, so they need more input from the contestants than usual (I know I do)

Roldz
Originally posted by Laminator_X
If you use the reply button while you're viewing the PM you can then copy it with links and tags intact.
Yup, ive done that quite a bit..

Roldz
Yeah .. but this match is a little different because most people probably aren't that familiar with half of Roldz's team, so they need more input from the contestants than usual (I know I do)
Thats why i made sure i included scans in it... But it does F@#K up paragraphing (dont know if thats a word..lol) make it hard to understand...

Sorry double post..

Scoobless
Thats why i made sure i included scans in it... But it does F@#K up paragraphing (dont know if thats a word..lol) make it hard to understand...

Sorry double post..

EDIT: never mind ... most of them do work (I just never bothered with them when I read through your start up strategy)

Evangel94
Originally posted by Laminator_X

I wish I knew that earlier. Well you learn something new everyday! stick out tongue

Scoobless
laughing out loud

I was wondering why you were moaning about not being able to post the links easily.

laughing out loud

King KAM
Tony Stark, has my vote...both of their write-ups lacked luster, but Tony does have the better team

Draco69
I vote for Roldz...primarily due to the fact that Superman Blue is a ridiciulously powerful mofo who could solo the team himself....

erm

Check out Avalonwind's respect thread for Superman Blue.

King KAM
Originally posted by Draco69
I vote for Roldz...primarily due to the fact that Superman Blue is a ridiciulously powerful mofo who could solo the team himself....

erm

Check out Avalonwind's respect thread for Superman Blue. his power also varied alot, and doesnt sentry manipulate light???

Scoobless
Originally posted by King KAM
his power also varied alot, and doesnt sentry manipulate light???

Who knows? .....I doubt even Sentry's writers know what powers/limits he's going to have from one comic to the next

shrug

Roldz
Why go all out when you dont have to, save the best moves toward a more powerfull opponent... And i think that what is mentioned in that write up is dowable... Cant really debate when the opponent is not here yet...

Yep, his been shown to do it...

Scoobless
Why go all out when you dont have to, save the best moves toward a more powerfull opponent... And i think that what is mentioned in that write up is dowable... Cant really debate when the opponent is not here yet...

Yep, his been shown to do it...

miffed ... that's easy for you to say .... you didn't get drawn against the Surfer in the first match

stick out tongue

Evangel94
*sigh* I gave this match the ultra cool lava stage. And nobody even mentions it!

Roldz
Hey, you came out on top dough, so stop complaining..lol Jk.. I believed Quazar would be a tough opponent against my team, me having 2 Chars.. purely made of energy and you know what those bands can do to beings like that but ive got a few surprise.. I think..lol

I find it not usefull, pain in the A#$ for my char.. lol JK

TricksterPriest
What are you complaining about? I pick Apoc, and people think that Thor pwns him. ****ING THOR! Not even RK Thor. Just classic. This is bull. And the giant apoc respect thread link is dead. Most disprespected mofo on this board. Sentry's cool, but he seems kind of half-assed. Great concept, but some of the worst writing on his powers.

Mad props on the lava stage Evangel. thumb up Now cheer up.

Scoobless
*sigh* I gave this match the ultra cool lava stage. And nobody even mentions it!

When does the setting for my match get posted?

Evangel94
Current Vote is.... 1 to 1 making it an even tie with a whopping total of 2 votes. no expression

Evangel94
When does the setting for my match get posted?

The day before your match starts. Which is the day of "Typhus vs King Kandy", and that is Tommorow.

So in otherwords...Tommorow.

bigbran
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
What are you complaining about? I pick Apoc, and people think that Thor pwns him. ****ING THOR! Not even RK Thor. Just classic. This is bull. And the giant apoc respect thread link is dead. Most disprespected mofo on this board. Sentry's cool, but he seems kind of half-assed. Great concept, but some of the worst writing on his powers.

Mad props on the lava stage Evangel. thumb up Now cheer up. Is it really that bad to think Thor can beat Apoc?
Thor cracked Exitar's head open. Apoc's is only some Celestial tech.
Thor has been in the sun, and affected Atum, the God Eater with it his lightning.
I could name off lots, and lots of feats to dispute what you said in reality.

StarsNeverFall7
Thats because well...

A god>> Mutant

Tony Stark
Sorry but you don't get extra Iron Man suits. This is just Iron Man himself fighting with no extra armory equipment and a standard Iron Man suit.

It would have worked though if you didn't pick sentry, and instead picked an extra e.meta character, and went with the prep option I gave everybody.

Imagine all your team members being suddenly transported onto this terrain for the battle. That's how it starts, and you have two hours of prep.

If from the instant they were given the 2 hrs prep time for the fight more than likely IM could have had the suits mach 8 their way to the site although they wouldn't have had a full 2 hours to prep themselves with the suits they definitely could have learned on the fly since they are all very bright and are adept to adjusting to extreme situations in battle. And with the terrain to deal with and the distance between combatants they would have been able to become relatively comfortable with the suits with the suits continually walking them through what was going on at all times.

The SENTRY could take out all of the other teams members in an instant speed blitz being 1 of 100,000,000 options available to him. Just ask Attuma and Terrax without really trying attuma was dead http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010067bf.jpg

and Terrax although in the past fighting SS and Morg and Firelord and Airwalker and Nova etc. throughout many galaxies he had never never been handled as easily as The SENTRY had handled him. The power cosmic meant nothing to Bob in fact he stopped it with one hand and then snapped it in two without much effort. http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010150oe.jpg http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010169mw.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010170vk.jpg

Does anyone think the red/blue... the weakest of all the Supes versions could do the same? I think not.

Roldz
How is there a vote when there's no debate being done? Thats silly..
Besides wasnt Tony's write up banned...

Roldz
gaving each members suits would be breaking rule 12...

You cant blits someone you cant harm physically, I meant Grail his pure energy.. He might not be able to harm Sentry but he sure could slow him down stop him from blitzing... His alot faster than Sentry. While my team and blue supes takes out the rest.. None in your team posses abilities to stop TP attacks...

Terrax really never used PC, all he does is used brute force which apparent that Bob is alot stronger than him... Blue Supes can beat him by himself w/ my team he'd go down fast...

I disagree on energy Supes being the weakest version infact his probably the strongest...

Roldz
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6141/radiationtrack237gv7.th.jpg
Heres how fast Grail is, so catching up to Sentries blitz shouldnt be a problem.. He might not be capable of defeating him but he sure can Keep him preocupied.. Giving Blue Supes and his team to take out the rest of the Sentry's team..

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4668/shadowcatstyle38dx4.th.jpg
Grails is pure energy, his immune to physical attack what ever Sentry can dish out he can take it...

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2175/imhl7.th.jpg
Ironman being taken out by mental attacks, Dane can dish out Psi-blast more powerfull than those... Without IM the rest would go down quite easy.. IM sensors would'nt be functioning that well too interferance from
Volcanoes ashes and geo energies it emits.. My teams tp link allows us to see what Blue Supes sees from above.. With Supes on my team im pretty sure we can take Sentry's remaining team... Then Blue Supes/Danes joins Grail to take out Sentry against this 3 he stands no chance...

Sorry for double post, I just dont know if im gonna be in tomorrow..

King KAM
i am still saying tony, Nobody on his crew can deal with Robert

Roldz
I dont see Reynolds got any defenses against shutting down brain impulse activity Blue Supes could easily do that, or someone dematerializing a dagger inside esophagoes or stomach cavities Backlash of course w/ the help of the team can certainly do that... Sentry's can be taken his not invulnerable to those kind of attacks...

Evangel94
I dont see Reynolds got any defenses against shutting down brain impulse activity Blue Supes could easily do that, or someone dematerializing a dagger inside esophagoes or stomach cavities Backlash of course w/ the help of the team can certainly do that... Sentry's can be taken his not invulnerable to those kind of attacks...

Materializing objects inside character's bodies is illegal, regardless if it's a one hit kill or not. You want to defeat your opponents? You're going to have to do it from the outside....unless of course you have telepathy.

Roldz
I though it is as long as it dont kill them instantly.. Eitherway BSupes could handle him H2H He can absorb energies from Sentry then amp himself up in strength categories + being able to turn intangible in H2H is deff. a big advantage and theres that brain electrical attack it should leave him brainless...

King KAM
I though it is as long as it dont kill them instantly.. Eitherway BSupes could handle him H2H He can absorb energies from Sentry then amp himself up in strength categories + being able to turn intangible in H2H is deff. a big advantage and theres that brain electrical attack it should leave him brainless... sentry controls energy supes though....i think i saw that sentry feed off of light..

Tony Stark
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6141/radiationtrack237gv7.th.jpg
Heres how fast Grail is, so catching up to Sentries blitz shouldnt be a problem.. He might not be capable of defeating him but he sure can Keep him preocupied.. Giving Blue Supes and his team to take out the rest of the Sentry's team..

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4668/shadowcatstyle38dx4.th.jpg
Grails is pure energy, his immune to physical attack what ever Sentry can dish out he can take it...

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2175/imhl7.th.jpg
Ironman being taken out by mental attacks, Dane can dish out Psi-blast more powerfull than those... Without IM the rest would go down quite easy.. IM sensors would'nt be functioning that well too interferance from
Volcanoes ashes and geo energies it emits.. My teams tp link allows us to see what Blue Supes sees from above.. With Supes on my team im pretty sure we can take Sentry's remaining team... Then Blue Supes/Danes joins Grail to take out Sentry against this 3 he stands no chance...

Sorry for double post, I just dont know if im gonna be in tomorrow..

#1 You must have missed the part where Zemo hands out head gear to his teamates that block TP.

#2 That post of IM being effected by TP is pre-Onslaught... It's common knowledge that after the dealings with Onslaught both Tony and Reed built TP and TK blocks into their suits infact they worked together on them (+head gear from Zemo)

#3 SENTRY does control light and could sap red/blues and grails powers if he chose to... Or red/blue can be overloaded and passout with too much power and that is definately what would happen if Bob decided to give red/blue his powers supes is out cold.

#4 While Terrax does use his emmense strength often it is PC that grants him that strength and he also uses cosmic blasts http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010150oe.jpg which you see are stopped by Bob with little effort and Terrax's axe is pure PC and we see what Bob did to that also http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010170vk.jpg

red/blue doesn't hold a candle to Bob.

StarsNeverFall7
Ill have to hand my vote to Tony Stark, the terrain does make it interesting and brings it down to the higher level characters, and well granted Sentry may not have alot of feats, his potential is about stupidly powerful....

Laminator_X
I'm voting Roldz. I was waiting to hear Tony give an alternative to his crazy-illegal write-up. He seems to be trying to stick to it as much as he can, and ignoring that Evangel said Sentry was Superman-level for this tourney.
Not gonna cut it.

Scoobless
#1 You must have missed the part where Zemo hands out head gear to his teamates that block TP.

And you haven't explained where these headbands are magically appearing from.

Voting for Roldz, at the moment, as almost all of Tony's arguments are suspect and highly speculative, whereas Roldz has actually given plausible scenarios that could give him a win.

Soljer
Roldz thumb up .

Blue > Sentry.

King Kandy
Tony Stark seems more on top of the strategic aspect... I'll vote for him.

Roldz

How could you possibly get extra equipment when where all transported in her location w/ nothing but our char. normal attire?

This issue happened IM #389 2001, I do beleived thats after that Onslaught crossover... He would be immune to telepathic attack but doubt if he is against pure psionic blast and again in there it broke his shields, Dane can dish out blast stronger than those..
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8530/unleashedt7deadreckoninzo3.th.jpg
Heck he could take out those teams w/ Omni psionic blast...

What are the extents of those control, all ive seen him do is blast and w/ Void his not even aware of how he created it, its his construct Psi/light his got no control of it.. While my chars.. controls of light are way above him, Blue Supes can absorbs infinite energies cant say Sentry has that much energies.. Heck Sentry mind is so F@$k up hed be vulnerable to TP attack from Dane..Hs affected by this attack, It is within Dane to do that...
http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan0005fe8.jpg

Terrax posses nowhere close to the strength of say Hulk, his below 100 tonner base and in those scans i dont see amping himself using PC, itd be a diff. story if it was otherwise and besides his been greatly depowered.. Heck he couldnt even take out Gamora.. Terrax axe is not pure PC, What ever it is made off is not PC unlike SS board however he focuses energies from those...

King_Mungi
Roldz has my vote, his attack and plans seem plausible.

Evangel94
Since King Kandy and Typhus are both completely unavailable today, it would be fruitless to start a match where neither side can debate.

I'm going to extend this match to tommorow. All matches a pushed back as well like a domino effect. So Scoobless's match will be delayed a day as well.

There will be no matches Christmas day December 25th btw.

StarsNeverFall7
Damn holidays and scheduling conflicts. Ill have a fairly large delay on the 22nd, as I will be out of town until late late evening. Its okay if you still want to continue on the already setup schedule, I just wont be able to do much posting until 12-14hours after the thread is started...

hulk10
I'll have to go with Stark.

TricksterPriest
Roldz. Stark's write up being bad was one thing, but he keeps forgetting that Sentry's void powers are banned and he's basically just a superman clone right now. Roldz's team easily smashes Starks.

stormfront13
idk, i think i gotta go with stark on this one. k just think his team has the better chnance

TricksterPriest
But he has no strat. His write up was illegal and his strats involve breaking the rules. Dude should lose by default.

Evangel94
Originally posted by stormfront13
idk, i think i gotta go with stark on this one. k just think his team has the better chnance

Stormfront13, I would just like to remind you that you have a chance to get back into the main tournament with the WildCard MiniTournament to see who gets the spot back into the tournament.

Devil Lance
I'll have to go with Roldz much better strategy

TricksterPriest
Sweet. I'm definetly going for that wildcard spot. Roldz has got this one.

Scoobless
Originally posted by King Kandy
Tony Stark seems more on top of the strategic aspect... I'll vote for him.

Almost nothing TS has posted is possible in this match.

no expression

stormfront13
Stormfront13, I would just like to remind you that you have a chance to get back into the main tournament with the WildCard MiniTournament to see who gets the spot back into the tournament.

oh, when's this?

Soljer
Almost nothing TS has posted is possible in this match.

no expression

Quoted for truth.

Roldz thumb up

Evangel94
I know I've said this before but I'd like to remind contestants that its not just the write-up you should look at but actually three different categories.

1. Team: How powerful is the team? Who has the advantage?
2. Write-Up: How consicse and ingenuitive is the write-up? Is it possible?
3. Debate: Who has brought up valid points to swing favor towards their team?

Anyone who takes at least two out of the three should get your vote.

TricksterPriest
I know. But Roldz's team is potentially better. And sentry has crap feats. There's no clear idea of his powers. not to mention Roldz has continually outdebated Tony.

MightyEInherjar
I wanted Tony's team to win, because I like the idea and characters, but since most of his stuff is illegal, and everything he's put out has been rebutted, I vote for Roldz.

King KAM
I also beleive tonys team is better....but he is showinig no ambition to win, so i give the war to Roldz.

the king has spoken

Roldz
Another thing BSupes could possibly do in order to take advantage from the terrain is to use geo thermal energies and cause those Volcanoes to erupt also causing tidal waves prior to fighting While Dane protect the rest of the team Tk shield up in the air, those guys wouldnt now what hit em, that should take out most of his team then again there would be no island to fight from but i do have 4 flyers and 1 who can glide in the air as a mist form capable of turnin anybody into mist.
From there on i fallow same tactics in my write-up, Grail keeps Sentry preoccupied while Havok/Dane/BSupes/Backlash deal w/ IM, then they take on Sentry... It should'nt be no problem for those 5 to beat the stuffing out of Sentry, I know his strong but his mind is weak, his vulnerable to absorbtion attack, and 1 of my guy can turn him into mist and pin him for 10 mins that count as a win..

Tony's not here, might as well take advantage.. big grin

Roldz
I also beleive tonys team is better....but he is showinig no ambition to win, so i give the war to Roldz.

the king has spoken
Really, What makes you think his team is better? Obviously you dont know the rest of my team... I think im gonna make Wetworks respect thread after this...

King KAM
Really, What makes you think his team is better? Obviously you dont know the rest of my team... I think im gonna make Wetworks respect thread after this... actually i didnt like his team as much as i thought i did...i just re-read it and i tho9ught he had havok... so besides sentry his team was pretty much sucky.

I effing hate superman blue though...so im always itched the wrong way when he is present

Roldz
Yeah me too, I didnt like him that much cause im not to fond of ohh those so many version of him, but i do like energy manipulators, him being 1 quess is not to bad...

Evangel94

the king has spoken

Well it may not be the fact that Tony doesn't care but rather it is getting to be around the holidays so a lot of people may have trouble posting due to shopping, gifts, family obligations etc. So it may be a bit presumptuous to to say that he doesn't have to will to fight.

King KAM
I still vote for Roldz, he worked for it

King_Mungi
Odd, where is Tony?

Evangel94
The results are in!

StarsNeverFall7 - Tony Stark
King Kandy - Tony Stark
hulk10 - Tony Stark
stormfront13 - Tony Stark

Draco69 - Roldz
Laminator X - Roldz
Scoobless - Roldz
Soljier - Roldz
King Mungi - Roldz
TricksterPriest - Roldz
Devil Lance - Roldz
King KAM - Roldz

Roldz defeats Tony is an 8 to 4 victory.

Winner: Roldz

Match over.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.