30 scareist movies of all time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RuthlessRufus
OK, I found this list: http://www.stuffmagazine.com/articles/index.aspx?id=1499&src=gtf123 but I'm not sure I agree. What do you think should be added or subtracted to this list? I defiitely think that of those, Candyman is the scariest movie of all time. I think it's an odd racial choice to put what they did as #1. That movie is only scary if you're Catholic or have a judeo-christian mentality. If the idea of young girls losing their innocence isn't scary to you, then it's a farce.

deathbycorn
Gremlins, scary? hahaha.

And I'd agree, Candyman is a scary scary movie. Aswell as Jacob's Ladder.

And Children of the Corn made the list, awesome!

“Malachai and Isaac are truly evil. Children have always creeped me out—they have this innocent thing about them. I saw it when I was young, and it really unsettled me because I grew up in Middle America in the midst of corn.”
Darren Lynn Bousman, director of Saw II and Saw III

Wolfie
Weak list. It has a few gems but it's as ignorant as most horror lists.

When I saw that Jaws was #5, I knew The Exorcist was gonna be #1.

Planet of the Apes scary? They're referring to the ending twist but still, it isn't scary. Just a "whoa" moment (and that's only if you saw it when it came out, anyone seeing it now knows exactly what happens at the end).

drewbiefan
Gremlins is koolbig grin

botankus
The first Evil Dead was scary.

drewbiefan
what about nightmare onelm street?

botankus
I saw Nightmare on Elm Street when I was 11. It scared me half to death. Don't know about if I saw it now, but for a good while it was the scariest movie I'd ever seen.

BroLLy_LsSj
Halloween
Exorcist
Nightmare On Elm Street
Friday The 13th VI
Hellraiser
Demons
Night Of The Demons
Alien
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Psycho
The Thing
The Omen (1976)

drewbiefan
Exorcist does not seem a scary movie stick out tongue
Nightmare on elm street, do you think that is well worth getting?
Alien seems scary, also boring for mestick out tongue some horrors just arent horrors like the best horrors, such as wrong turn!smile

BroLLy_LsSj
Originally posted by drewbiefan
Exorcist does not seem a scary movie stick out tongue
Nightmare on elm street, do you think that is well worth getting?
Alien seems scary, also boring for mestick out tongue some horrors just arent horrors like the best horrors, such as wrong turn!smile
Exorcist=Best Horror Movie Ever
2.cond Halloween
And 3.th place A Nightmare On Elm Street

drewbiefan
My brother saw the Excorsict, what is it about? what type of horror is it? a silly horror? jumpy? thriller type?

BroLLy_LsSj
My brother saw the Excorsict, what is it about? what type of horror is it? a silly horror? jumpy? thriller type?

possession , exorcism , pure horror , nasty parts , ugly demon inside of the little girl - Watch it -

lil bitchiness
I liked the Haunting. The old one of course, and im glad it made the list.

It was freaky because it played on sounds and everything you could NOT see. I liked it.

Then the remake was just shite.

RuthlessRufus
Where was The Shining? Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Yeah, they left some out. And Gremlins? It was scary when I was 8 and saw it in the theater.

Tyranno-Chris
I wasn't really scared of this movie but other people might be: Darkness Falls (the one with the tooth fairy)

Tyranno-Chris

Almost like Jason goes to Hell.

botankus
Originally posted by Tyranno-Chris
I wasn't really scared of this movie but other people might be: Darkness Falls (the one with the tooth fairy)

I could see both points you made happening.

drewbiefan
Does anyone know if this is a good movie?
When A Stranger Calls

Tyranno-Chris
Does anyone know if this is a good movie?
When A Stranger Calls

HELL YEAH! Very suspenseful and cool. And the girl on their who's name (in the movie) Jill Johnson (real name Camilla Belle) is super sexy. jawdrop

drewbiefan
A lot say this movie is rather boring. But i would have thought it seemed pretty goodsmile guess it depends on tastestick out tongue

scream is a good movie!

BroLLy_LsSj
A lot say this movie is rather boring. But i would have thought it seemed pretty goodsmile guess it depends on tastestick out tongue

scream is a good movie!
Go watch Mario&Luigui V.s Cloud&Sephiroth . smokin'

cropsy_is_god
AWW **** sake as if big hollywood wankers even know half the horror films we've heard of exist. They only count the more famous ones. I mean the exorcist thats more comedy than horror.

soin2cal
Originally posted by Wolfie
Weak list. It has a few gems but it's as ignorant as most horror lists.

When I saw that Jaws was #5, I knew The Exorcist was gonna be #1.

Planet of the Apes scary? They're referring to the ending twist but still, it isn't scary. Just a "whoa" moment (and that's only if you saw it when it came out, anyone seeing it now knows exactly what happens at the end).

Is the exorcist that scary?

beta-wolf_101
It depends on how much you have invested into that type of phenomena. For a spiritual person it is extremely frightening, but for those bound to a more terrestrial nature, you'd find slasher film more scary and that is were we get the debate between which is scarier TCM or the Exorcist because different things scare different people.

soin2cal
well the reviews of many say that many many people got absolutely scared/terrified of this movie so im assuming this is one definate horror!smile

Aqua-pimp
Pet Sematary - That scene where Lious Creed is in bed and Victor Pascaw suddenly apeared right in his face scared the sh*t out me..
Pet Sematary is the greatest horror movie eva it's a great excempel as how a horror movie supossed to be... dark,grim and leaving you with the feeling that you'll not gonna sleep tonight...
I'm hearing rumors about a Pet sematary remake doh..shifty does Holywood really don't know any fr*kkin shame... sad

The Blair witch project - Another great movie if you didn't know better you would think it was a real documentary ..
I really like this movie and it's originality something a lotta movies nowadays mis...

Saw 1 - That last scene where that dead body stands up locks the chained guy up in that basement and kills that doctor who just cut of his own feet .. I really didn't expected that big grin

And last but not least Hellraiser 1 and 2 - Two of the most greatest horrors of all time... and Hellraiser 1 is another bomb ass movie Holywood probaly gonna remake/rape... sad

Spartan005
The exorcist sucked... their honestly wasn't a single point in that movie that scared me... and I saw it when I was like 10.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Aqua-pimp
Pet Sematary - That scene where Lious Creed is in bed and Victor Pascaw suddenly apeared right in his face scared the sh*t out me..
Pet Sematary is the greatest horror movie eva it's a great excempel as how a horror movie supossed to be... dark,grim and leaving you with the feeling that you'll not gonna sleep tonight...
I'm hearing rumors about a Pet sematary remake doh..shifty does Holywood really don't know any fr*kkin shame... sad

its a great pic and its very grim

i watched a flick last night which was about the SOMME called THE TRENCH and whilst not being a great film with some bad acting and bad research the ending totally freaked me out
its not all about zombies and vampires
movies based on the war are ****ing scary too

soin2cal
The exorcist rocks!
I wouldnt call it scary scary, though it was jumpy in parts. But its certainly one of the best thrilling movies ever made! Well that i have seen.

Grimm22
There was only one scene in the Exorcist that scared me and that was that face in the priest's dream.

But that face was possibly the scariest thing i've ever seen.

The rest of the movie wasn't scary to me erm

soin2cal
No it isnt so scary, but its excellent stillbig grin

Punker69
Originally posted by RuthlessRufus
OK, I found this list: http://www.stuffmagazine.com/articles/index.aspx?id=1499&src=gtf123 but I'm not sure I agree. What do you think should be added or subtracted to this list? I defiitely think that of those, Candyman is the scariest movie of all time. I think it's an odd racial choice to put what they did as #1. That movie is only scary if you're Catholic or have a judeo-christian mentality. If the idea of young girls losing their innocence isn't scary to you, then it's a farce.

Planet of the Apes. The Grudge. Shouldn't be on that list.

The Sixth Sense should be higher.

And Jaws should be lower.

Just my opinion..

mith fox
I dont think thats the right order. Right movies just wrong order.

Solo
Originally posted by Punker69
The Sixth Sense should be higher.

And Jaws should be lower.
Couldn't disagree more.

Punker69
Maybe not higher on the Sixth Sense (just a personal favorite) but "Jaws" shouldn't be that high on the list.

Solo
Well, the difference between "Jaws" and half of the movies on that list is that "Jaws" is not only one of the scariest movies of all time, but one of the best.

deathbycorn
Jaws is a perfect horror movie.

Punker69
Originally posted by Solo
Well, the difference between "Jaws" and half of the movies on that list is that "Jaws" is not only one of the scariest movies of all time, but one of the best.

Not arguing its a good movie. Just dont think it should be that high on the list out of every other horror movie ever made.

manorastroman
definitely should see hellraiser one or two on that list.

frankly, the exorcist is laughable. same thing with 99% of the movies on that list. the shining is genuinely scary, though.

PiruBlood
till this day i say nightmare on elm street. reason being because this is a movie where you are terrified of sleeping after watching.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.