Who's the fastest??????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faceman
Who' s the fastest guy in comics......? confused

1. Flash
2. Runner
3. Zoom
4. Hermes(greek god)
5. Superman
6. Silver Surfer
7. Reverse Flash
8. Makkari
9. Quicksilver
10. Lightray

All character's are written to their full potential, for example Runner with spacegem...

Howard_Jones
I would say Zoom has the potential to be, but Flash (Wally) takes the cake.

Faceman
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
I would say Zoom has the potential to be, but Flash (Wally) takes the cake. go ahead and get your vote in...

DigiMark007
Travel speed? Or reaction time?

Because guys like Surfer have hit well beyond light speed....but none of those cosmic types are anywhere near, say, Flash in terms of reactions.

Superherovandal
It depends like for instance once GL was being controlled by a telepath and was shooting a laser at WW. Mid shot he scans over 500,000 for the person and puts him in front of the beam before it hits WW. thats fast.

Faceman
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Because guys like Surfer have hit well beyond light speed....but none of those cosmic types are anywhere near, say, Flash in terms of reactions. Lets say travel speed... Explain reaction for me? For the purpose of this thread its who gets to point A to point B the fastest..Keep in mind the two points are hundred's of galaxy's away from each other.

Faceman
Flash is dominating the polls, i guess this is going to settle the KMC, race king...

bigbran
Originally posted by Faceman
Flash is dominating the polls, i guess this is going to settle the KMC, race king... Ya, Quicksilver is getting my vote...

Faceman
Who claims Surfer??? Show thou self..

Faceman
Originally posted by bigbran
Ya, Quicksilver is getting my vote... eek!

DigiMark007
Lets say travel speed... Explain reaction for me? For the purpose of this thread its who gets to point A to point B the fastest..Keep in mind the two points are hundred's of galaxy's away from each other.

Fine, travel speed it is.

But the difference is this:

If 100 arrows were shot at Surfer at the same time, and every one was going to hit him, and he had to try to catch the arrows....a lot of arrows would hit him.

Arrows that would hit Flash = 0.

But Surfer's "faster" because he can hit >> light speeds when traveling in a single direction.

Faceman
Fine, travel speed it is.

But the difference is this:

If 100 arrows were shot at Surfer at the same time, and every one was going to hit him, and he had to try to catch the arrows....a lot of arrows would hit him.

Arrows that would hit Flash = 0.

But Surfer's "faster" because he can hit >> light speeds when traveling in a single direction. You should teach over at my College... laughing out loud

hunbu04
even intravel speed surfer is not faster than wally west
wally travel at faster than light speed that is why he can do both time/dimession travel at will. even among the flashes wally is a god

bigbran
Originally posted by hunbu04
even intravel speed surfer is not faster than wally west
wally travel at faster than light speed that is why he can do both time/dimession travel at will. even among the flashes wally is a god I'm just going to name off Surfer's best speed feat.

He went warp speed.
He also went 500 million light years in a couple seconds or so (around there).

guy222
I vote for Makkari. He defeated the Runner

Draco69
Flash. He is the epitome of speed. His speed feats put everyone to shame.

Flash once crossed an entire galaxy in less than a septosecond. That's just insane...

long pig

Because guys like Surfer have hit well beyond light speed....but none of those cosmic types are anywhere near, say, Flash in terms of reactions.
Sure they are. Surfer has a great many xxxxxlightspeed reaction time feats.

If Flash is allowed to time travel, then there isn't a way to outrun him.

long pig
Originally posted by Draco69
Flash. He is the epitome of speed. His speed feats put everyone to shame.

Flash once crossed an entire galaxy in less than a septosecond. That's just insane...
Yeah, but he needs momentum. Runner w/gem basically instantly teleported to where he wanted to go. Instantaneous is infinitely faster than lightspeed.

Draco69
Too bad, the Flash is faster than instantaneous travel.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9849/flash138p186lh.jpg

no expression

Flash is the king of speed. The sooner we all accept it, the better.

sad

bigbran

no expression

sad Look at that tight ass...no expression

Wally West
Flash didn't beat instantanious travel using his own speed. Wally even said with just his own power he can't reach lightspeed instantly, Surfer can reach warpspeeds instantly...

spetznaz
Who is faster than instantaneous travel?
Whoever that is, wins.

We all know the answer.

There is speed .....then there is beyond speed.
At his best showings, no one comes close to the Flash. Not even the Runner. Some of the people listed have spectacular feats, some like the Runner and Mekari (and the Silver Surfer) astounding feats .....feats that would beat most of the Flash's regular feats, and with ease.

But overall the Flash is king .....his high end feats are literally beyond insane, and then there is the speedforce which grants him a level of power dexterity (whereby his speed powers can do more than just give him ...well ....speed) that none of the others come close to.

For example the Speed Force enables him to do things from creating GL-like constructs, to snatching 500,000 people scattered around a medium-sized city while a nuclear detonation is taking place (in essence, he would have to run around, look for them, and then evacuate them from the city in ones and twos .....all in the space of 0.0001 seconds).

Now, the Silver Surfer in his higher speed showings (where he is moving far faster than light speed .....several multiples of light speed in fact) could EASILY do something like that .....the problem is without the speedforce anyone he touched (or for that matter came close to) would instantly disintegrate. Infact moving anywhere near that speed (or several magnitudes below even) would cause the Earth's atmosphere to ignite!

Thus the Speed Force enables the Flash to have a very high extent of power use (eg the infinite mass punch etc etc).

Now, looking at high level feats alone.
Silver Surfer has some insane feats (eg the many times light speed travel), while Runner also has some insane feats.

However so does the Flash (talking high end feats) ....including running across the universe in a fraction of time, or (my fave) outrunning instanteneous travel

The Flash wins.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by spetznaz
Who is faster than instantaneous travel?
Whoever that is, wins.

We all know the answer.

There is speed .....then there is beyond speed.
At his best showings, no one comes close to the Flash. Not even the Runner. Some of the people listed have spectacular feats, some like the Runner and Mekari (and the Silver Surfer) astounding feats .....feats that would beat most of the Flash's regular feats, and with ease.

But overall the Flash is king .....his high end feats are literally beyond insane, and then there is the speedforce which grants him a level of power dexterity (whereby his speed powers can do more than just give him ...well ....speed) that none of the others come close to.

For example the Speed Force enables him to do things from creating GL-like constructs, to snatching 500,000 people scattered around a medium-sized city while a nuclear detonation is taking place (in essence, he would have to run around, look for them, and then evacuate them from the city in ones and twos .....all in the space of 0.0001 seconds).

Now, the Silver Surfer in his higher speed showings (where he is moving far faster than light speed .....several multiples of light speed in fact) could EASILY do something like that .....the problem is without the speedforce anyone he touched (or for that matter came close to) would instantly disintegrate. Infact moving anywhere near that speed (or several magnitudes below even) would cause the Earth's atmosphere to ignite!

Thus the Speed Force enables the Flash to have a very high extent of power use (eg the infinite mass punch etc etc).

Now, looking at high level feats alone.
Silver Surfer has some insane feats (eg the many times light speed travel), while Runner also has some insane feats.

However so does the Flash (talking high end feats) ....including running across the universe in a fraction of time, or (my fave) outrunning instanteneous travel

The Flash wins. too bad we are talking about TS and now all that other extra stuff......

SS wins...or Zoom II

(oh and i love when Wally West defends someone against Flash, it's so gratifying laughing )

Wally West

Galan007
Who' s the fastest guy in comics......? confused

1. Flash
2. Runner
3. Zoom
4. Hermes(greek god)
5. Superman
6. Silver Surfer
7. Reverse Flash
8. Makkari
9. Quicksilver
10. Lightray

All character's are written to their full potential, for example Runner with spacegem... So Runner HAS the Space Gem?

Well then Runner should take this

Kutulu
Oh my bad, I didn't realize Runner had the space gem. In that case he wins this easily. He was appearing anywhere in the universe he wanted to be instantly, sometimes before he even realized he wanted to go there.

Metalmanx

no expression

sad

Exactly. yes

Flash is the fastest.

nvrbeenwthagirl

no expression

sad

I remember that, That was a great story. He raced like that sonic the hedgehog lighting looking guy didn't he?

Endless Mike
I would say the Runner....

King Kandy
With space gem, the runner is infinitly faster then anybody on the list.

King Kandy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I remember that, That was a great story. He raced like that sonic the hedgehog lighting looking guy didn't he?
What story was that?

Endless Mike
The story was some cosmic race, the lightning guy's name was Krakkl, I think.

tjcoady
I would REALLY say we can't AT ALL use that one scan as a basis for judging... didn't Flash absorb the guy he initially raced, then gather speed energy from Superman, Jesse Quick, Max Mercury, Jay Garrick, and Impulse, as well as have the entire world running to generate speed energy for him? The Flash generated the majority of speed in order to beat the Cosmic Gambler's instantous speed, but he was basically having all of DC earth generate speed for him as well... so it's like saying that all of DC earth is faster than anyone else on that list.

I'm going with Runner

tjcoady
Wait, is this current Quicksilver? Isn't current Quicksilver's main ability time travel?

Jack Daniels
Flash beats Superman and Quicksilver ...this much I know so I voted Flash!

Galan007
no expression I'm not disputing what that scan said, but how the hell can you be faster then instantaneous?

That just dosen't make sense to me.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Galan007
So Runner HAS the Space Gem?

Well then Runner should take this

Wouldn't the Runner's use of the space gem basically be like flash's use of the Speed force? Both instantaneous travel? Except flash is concious of his use of his infinite power source where the runner wasn't.

Galan007
Wouldn't the Runner's use of the space gem basically be like flash's use of the Speed force? Both instantaneous travel? Except flash is concious of his use of his infinite power source where the runner wasn't. conscious of the power, or not, both can travel instantly.

So it would be a tie then?

nvrbeenwthagirl
conscious of the power, or not, both can travel instantly.

So it would be a tie then?

No it's not a tie. The runner had instantaneous travel. The flash was FASTER than instantaneous travel. Flash wins.

Galan007
No it's not a tie. The runner had instantaneous travel. The flash was FASTER than instantaneous travel. Flash wins. I thought Flash absorbed some speed from the other speedsters when he achieved that speed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I thought Flash absorbed some speed from the other speedsters when he achieved that speed.

Which is all in his powerset to do. Now think about how fast he really is. He wasn't even at his best then, that story was waaaay back when. And he had time to absorb all that speed and still beat Instant travel. He's fast as ****.

Wally West
He absorbed the speed of every person on the planet, and all the speedsters like Jay, Bart and Superman Blue. I've already said this but he didn't do that feat under his own power.

Galan007
Originally posted by Wally West
He absorbed the speed of every person on the planet, and all the speedsters like Jay, Bart and Superman Blue. I've already said this but he didn't do that feat under his own power. thats bull.

If that crap is allowed, the of course Flash wins.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He absorbed the speed of every person on the planet, and all the speedsters like Jay, Bart and Superman Blue. I've already said this but he didn't do that feat under his own power.

Isn't it not his power to absorb the speed of others? The space gem is not the runners own power is it? Either way, Wally wins.

Wally West
Well sure he wins if he has the entire Earth ready and waiting to start running as soon as the race starts, and all the other DC speedsters, and Krakkl (who has the speed of his home planet behind him).

That said, Runner shouldn't have the space gem.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well sure he wins if he has the entire Earth ready and waiting to start running as soon as the race starts, and all the other DC speedsters, and Krakkl (who has the speed of his home planet behind him).

That said, Runner shouldn't have the space gem.

You do realize that comic was back in the day. Wally has been since mastered the use of the speed force. why would he even need to absorb anyone's speed now when he can outrace death itself?

Wally West
I didn't realise death was running in this race, or that time travel was allowed.

Galan007
If this was just their own power, then Zoom should take this

nvrbeenwthagirl
I didn't realise death was running in this race, or that time travel was allowed.

That is the point, Wally can outrace death. Using his speed, how ever he beats death, it's an incredible use of speed that none of the others has. Wally has beaten instant travel, using HIS power to absorb other's speed. And he has out ran Death.

Galan007
That is the point, Wally can outrace death. Using his speed, how ever he beats death, it's an incredible use of speed that none of the others has. Wally has beaten instant travel, using HIS power to absorb other's speed. And he has out ran Death. Death caught up to Wally.

Wally won by tricking death

Wally West
Its his power that allowed him to do it but its the speed of others, when he absorbed all that speed he himself called it a cheat, if this is a race shouldn't everyone be restricted to their own speed? Otherwise theres no point asking who is the fastest, but who is the most powerful.

And death was catching up to him, death catches up to everybody.

Kutulu
The only way to beat instantaneous travel is to travel back in time to before when the race started, and be at the destination already.

Runner is instantaneous and with the space gem cannot have his power stolen because the space gem supplies infinite power.

The runner was literally anywhere he thought about being before the idea even crossed his mind to go there, anywhere in the universe instantly. There was no limit to his speed at all. The scan with the Flash is ridiculous - if you beat truly instantaneous travel, then you are travelling backwards in time to before when the race started, which break the rules of the game. Therefore it would be a draw between runner with the space gem and Flash.

The Runner would have the potential to exist in every point in space at the same time using the space gem if he wanted. The gem allows you to exist in multiple spaces simultaneously.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Kutulu
The only way to beat instantaneous travel is to travel back in time to before when the race started, and be at the destination already.

Runner is instantaneous and with the space gem cannot have his power stolen because the space gem supplies infinite power.

The runner was literally anywhere he thought about being before the idea even crossed his mind to go there, anywhere in the universe instantly. There was no limit to his speed at all. The scan with the Flash is ridiculous - if you beat truly instantaneous travel, then you are travelling backwards in time to before when the race started, which break the rules of the game. Therefore it would be a draw between runner with the space gem and Flash.

The Runner would have the potential to exist in every point in space at the same time using the space gem if he wanted. The gem allows you to exist in multiple spaces simultaneously.

The Space gem is not even under the Runner's own power. Given that it is not his own power, I would assume that any power flash has in his arsenal, is fair game since the runner has one of the INFINITY gems. Also, The Speed force also allows the flash to exist everywhere at once. As seen in kingdome come. Not just every where on one dimensional plane, but even others.

Swanky-Tuna
I thought Flash became one with the speed force at full potential.

Stupid Rookie
Man these threads are pissing me off. Ok first of all I voted for SS.

But then upon further consideration and reading I realized we giving the Runner the Space Gem. That means the runner wins. We are not talking about time travel (several of these guys can do it) we are talking about a straight up race. You are at point a and need to go to point b on the ther side of the Universe.

Also none of this taking speed crap. This is a race, not a fight. I would assume this is like the Olymics of comics. Run as fast as you can, don't engage others in battle.

Ok, so based on this the runner wins because the space gem takes a away the need for speed. before anyone else realizes what is happening he is at the finish like (even faster than Flash).

Ok secondly, I am not going to argue about SS being faster than flash, because I don't have the time right now, but people need to realize he doesn't just travel several times the speed of light. People make it sound like he goes 2-3x light speed. No, he has been show on panel going billions of times the speed of light. yes, Billions!

In the IG he went a distance of "more than a light year away" (I think that is the line) This entire distance was traveled in significantly less time than it took for Thanos to lower his hand (in a punch).

Ok that is enough ranting. Enjoy.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
Man these threads are pissing me off. Ok first of all I voted for SS.

But then upon further consideration and reading I realized we giving the Runner the Space Gem. That means the runner wins. We are not talking about time travel (several of these guys can do it) we are talking about a straight up race. You are at point a and need to go to point b on the ther side of the Universe.

Also none of this taking speed crap. This is a race, not a fight. I would assume this is like the Olymics of comics. Run as fast as you can, don't engage others in battle.

Ok, so based on this the runner wins because the space gem takes a away the need for speed. before anyone else realizes what is happening he is at the finish like (even faster than Flash).

Ok secondly, I am not going to argue about SS being faster than flash, because I don't have the time right now, but people need to realize he doesn't just travel several times the speed of light. People make it sound like he goes 2-3x light speed. No, he has been show on panel going billions of times the speed of light. yes, Billions!

In the IG he went a distance of "more than a light year away" (I think that is the line) This entire distance was traveled in significantly less time than it took for Thanos to lower his hand (in a punch).

Ok that is enough ranting. Enjoy.

The Speed force is a cosmic an infinite well of Energy. It's like DC's version of the Space gem. It's everywhere. Unending. Unlimited. So how is the surfer going faster than someone who is the supreme wielder of the Speedforce?

King Kandy
I can't believe the Speed force is infinite if Superboy Prime messed it up.

Stupid Rookie
The Speed force is a cosmic an infinite well of Energy. It's like DC's version of the Space gem. It's everywhere. Unending. Unlimited. So how is the surfer going faster than someone who is the supreme wielder of the Speedforce?

Do you even read people's posts? explain to me where I said that the SS was going to win?? If you read it, you will learn that I said the Runner was going to win.

Oh, and once again I am not saying he wins, but the Power Cosmic is also in theory a limitless powersource. See the SS when he added his powers to the Molecule Man. MM said surfer's power could have burned him out.

Wally West
The Speed force is a cosmic an infinite well of Energy. It's like DC's version of the Space gem. It's everywhere. Unending. Unlimited. So how is the surfer going faster than someone who is the supreme wielder of the Speedforce? Well Zoom went faster than Flash and he doesn't use the speedforce.

And there is no speedforce in Marvel, so being the master of it doesn't mean you're the fastest person in Marvel.

Rewmac
Flash why??? He is just way cooler than Surfer...I mean look at Wally, look at Barry and now look at Bart....They have way cooler stuff...Speed is their life big grin

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by King Kandy
I can't believe the Speed force is infinite if Superboy Prime messed it up.
DC messes everything up. I jest, Starman was cool. But crap if they don't make some convoluted storylines.

Thanos_THOTU
Runner makes Surfer look like a n00b.

Faceman
Bumpo.

Symmetric Chaos
RUNNER!!!!

I mean Flash

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by bigbran
Ya, Quicksilver is getting my vote... 1eye

spidey-dude
blob is the fastest

janus77
The Silver Surfer.
The Runner with Space Gem, sounds like cheating to me no expression

The Flash is awesome though, one of my favourite DC comic characters (Batman's first, natch... oh and Wonder Woman's awesome too)

swerve1988
black flash takes this...he hunts down the faster beings who have cheated death by being able to run from it.....he ran to the end of time....

Priest
Originally posted by janus77
The Silver Surfer.
The Runner with Space Gem, sounds like cheating to me no expression

The Flash is awesome though, one of my favourite DC comic characters (Batman's first, natch... oh and Wonder Woman's awesome too)
runner proved to be way faster without the space gem already.

starlock
Originally posted by guy222
I vote for Makkari. He defeated the Runner
And that says it all

btw i am under the impression it was a foot race,as they did in quasar,constructs are created for all combatants to fit thier needs, so they can race across the cosmos

psycho gundam
hello guys the space gem allows the user to control space itself.
the runner can compress the distance he wishes to cover. eg 50 astronomical units to 00000000.1 mm

jgiant
Isn't zoom faster than flash sometimes?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by jgiant
Isn't zoom faster than flash sometimes?

Always actually. But he uses time manip so he's only as fast as a normal person in his time frame.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Flash might be the fastest man alive but I highly doubt if he can beat a GOD like Makkari.

Galan007
Originally posted by jgiant
Isn't zoom faster than flash sometimes? Zoom is faster than Flash all the time.

Symmetric Chaos
Zoom is faster than Flash all the time.

glare I already said that

Galan007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
glare I already said that I already said that too!

stick out tongue

spidey-dude
go speed racer go

Flame On!!
Aza Chorn owns them all.

He lept for Aza Chorn, fast as a cheetah; as a mamba; as an ink-black thunderbolt. Yet, when they brag amongst themselves, the cats and snakes and sheets of lightning use one ultimate comparison, albeit sparingly. Fast as a warpsmith."
Alan Moore, describing Kid Miracleman trying to attack a Warpsmith

Faceman
Bump. ninja

spetznaz
I remember this thread ...question though.
The Original Poster claimed that ALL the characters here were to be at their FULL POTENTIAL.

Even went as far as giving the Runner the Space Gem (which is an external power source, but then puts the Runner at FP).

Alright.

Doesn't that mean, then, that the Flash (to be at full potential) would have to merge with the Speed Force.
After all, if Runner is getting an EXTERNAL power source, then Flash should be able to tap into his power source (which in many ways is not external, since Wally has a main-line to it ....and if it is Bart we are talking about it was in him).

In which case, Full Potential Flash is one with the Speed Force.

Which would make him a god of kinetics.

And he would be everywhere (in the Kingdom story line, they had a Flash who had become one with the force, and he was - literally - everywhere at the same time ....INCLUDING DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS, to the extent he was able to pull someone out into his main dimension who had been brought by the Spectre to view those events).

People may discount the 'faster than instantenous travel' feat because Flash borrowed that speed (although he did do it using his own power set, and we are talking FP here, and it is valid, but no need beating a dead horse). But even if that is discounted, and we are talking FP, then that means that the Flash (if the Runner is allowed to tap into the Space Gem) should be able to immerse himself in the Speed Force (Wally can survive, and apparently Bart).

A full potential Flash would be a manifestation of the Speed Force, in essence the embodiment of that force in 'human' (he'd be so far from human at that point that it is almost funny calling him that) form. He would not only be the epitome of speed, he would also be the epitome of time and space. Everywhere at the same time, including divergent and parallel dimensions, and quite probably even everywhen.

That is beyond speed.

He wins (as long as we are talking Full Potential here, and giving certain people Space Gems). With the Speed Force fully tapped the Flash is a god.

Terryc250
Silver Surfer can travel at half a million lightyears per second, i dont think Flash can even hit 1 lightyear a second, and isnt Runner even faster then Silver Surfer? Flash is way outta his league here

Photon009
The fastest ever is the Runner with the Space Gem. After him, it's really so close it's almost impossible to determine, between Flash Bart Allen, Flash Wally West, Flash Barry Allen, Zoom II, The Runner, Makkari, and Black Flash. It's really so close that in a fight theyre speed would be so close it wouldnt make a difference. But if i had to put them in order of a race, i'd say:

1) The Runner w/ Space Gem
2) Black Flash
3) The Runner
4) Zoom II
5) Bart Allen Flash
6) Barry/Wally/Makkari

guy222
Makkari beat Runner

Gaiman's Eternals awesome. I look for Makkari's feat

shksprtx
Why is Quicksilver in this debate? Northstar >>> Quicksilver, even at most recent levels (IMHO)

Considering the rest of the group, Quicksilver is full of fail. My vote goes to Flash...

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by shksprtx
Why is Quicksilver in this debate? Northstar >>> Quicksilver, even at most recent levels (IMHO)

Considering the rest of the group, Quicksilver is full of fail. My vote goes to Flash...

QFT

Gecko4lif
Zoom auto wins

No matter how fast you go zoom will always be faster cause he isnt in your time line

spetznaz
Originally posted by Terryc250
Silver Surfer can travel at half a million lightyears per second, i dont think Flash can even hit 1 lightyear a second, and isnt Runner even faster then Silver Surfer? Flash is way outta his league here

He would not have to.

Once again, the OP said Full Potential. FP Flash is one with the SpeedForce, and in KC FPFlash was not only everywhere at the same time, he was even in different dimensions at the same time.

That is a totally different league of 'speed' my friend.

Photon009
The Runner has combat speed at the same level or Surfer's travel speed, and his travel speed is even faster than the Surfer's best travel speeds. And with the Space Gem, that was amplified to the point where by the time he thinks about where he wants to go, he's already there. Runner with the Space Gem is the fastest character ever. Period.

nij-ayias
above all feats and speculations,

why all those characters always tagged by slower opponents?
take note: face to face and with no common reasons

examples:

quick silver, flash, superman and silver surfer

spetznaz
Originally posted by nij-ayias
above all feats and speculations,

why all those characters always tagged by slower opponents?
take note: face to face and with no common reasons

examples:

quick silver, flash, superman and silver surfer

In a nutshell, because it makes the story long enough to fill sufficient pages in the comic book.

Imagine if there was a KMC comicbook (written per the KMC rules ....by the way, if someone wants to go ahead with it i can actually back it up however i can, although litigation issues would probably kill it dead). Anyways, imagine there was a KMC comicbook with the Flash starring.

That comic would just be four panels long ...not four pages ...fourpanels.

The first panel to show the threat.

The second to show the Flash coming to the scene.

The third to show the Flash jumping into action and saving the day.

And the fourth to show that everything is back to normal.

Conclusion: That comic would not sell. No one is going to spend money to buy a page long, four panel, comic 'book.' (Maybe 'comic page' would be a better title).

Thus the characters have to, basically, job to some level to make the story long enough.

nij-ayias
In a nutshell, because it makes the story long enough to fill sufficient pages in the comic book.

Imagine if there was a KMC comicbook (written per the KMC rules ....by the way, if someone wants to go ahead with it i can actually back it up however i can, although litigation issues would probably kill it dead). Anyways, imagine there was a KMC comicbook with the Flash starring.

Conclusion: That comic would not sell. No one is going to spend money to buy a page long, four panel, comic 'book.' (Maybe 'comic page' would be a better title).

Thus the characters have to, basically, job to some level to make the story long enough.

if what you're saying is true, then why most people here used it in respect thread if slower opponents can hit them. what's the point...

conclusion: they lack skill or their speed are for travel only.

Kutulu

Or imagine the KMC version of Superman in DOS Superman Story.

Doomsday shows up at the house scene where Superman let him punch him in the chest. Superman sees him off in the distance, speed blitzes him, punches him to Mercury so he's closer to the sun. Then takes a sundip, shows up at Mercury and uses T-Vo to whup his ass, then use his heatvision to one-shot Doomsday into a pile of ashes, which he then uses his ice breath on and speed blitzes each chunk of ice a separate direction at faster than light speeds into outer space. He then takes another sundip and flies back to Earth, meanwhile all of 4 panels went by instead of an entire huge series of comic books.

I'm glad actual comics aren't like KMC versions.

Rorschach
if what you're saying is true, then why most people here used it in respect thread if slower opponents can hit them. what's the point...

conclusion: they lack skill or their speed are for travel only.

Read the rules before you post.

nij-ayias
Originally posted by Kutulu
Or imagine the KMC version of Superman in DOS Superman Story.

Doomsday shows up at the house scene where Superman let him punch him in the chest. Superman sees him off in the distance, speed blitzes him, punches him to Mercury so he's closer to the sun. Then takes a sundip, shows up at Mercury and uses T-Vo to whup his ass, then use his heatvision to one-shot Doomsday into a pile of ashes, which he then uses his ice breath on and speed blitzes each chunk of ice a separate direction at faster than light speeds into outer space. He then takes another sundip and flies back to Earth, meanwhile all of 4 panels went by instead of an entire huge series of comic books.

I'm glad actual comics aren't like KMC versions.

it's a combination of super TRAVEL speed, physical strength, heat vision and freeze breath.

when you say combat speed, they can block, dodge and they are so skillful and agile.

nij-ayias
Originally posted by Rorschach
Read the rules before you post.

my point is travel speed =/= combat speed

i'm only pointing what the character lacks as long as there are no proofs.

Rorschach

Flash, Runner, Zoom, Superman, Reverse Flash, and Quicksilver have all demonstrated combat speed.

nij-ayias
Flash, Runner, Zoom, Superman, Reverse Flash, and Quicksilver have all demonstrated combat speed.

what kind of combat speed, by not dodging attacks?

spetznaz

I don't know whether your question was genuine or not, but I believe that Kutulu, Rorschach and myself have answered the technical part of your question quite well (with Rorschach even attaching the KMC rule pertaining to PIS).

That part is settled.

You can interpret anything else as you will.

Rorschach
what kind of combat speed, by not dodging attacks?

No.

Stuff like:

*Fighting so fast that everything around them appears to be frozen in place.
*Fighting so fast that they appear invisible
*Blitzing a character who can react in a nanosecond
*Fighting so fast that they start to vibrate through one and other
*Fights that last only a picosecond

Stuff like that.

nij-ayias
I don't know whether your question was genuine or not, but I believe that Kutulu, Rorschach and myself have answered the technical part of your question quite well (with Rorschach even attaching the KMC rule pertaining to PIS).

That part is settled.

You can interpret anything else as you will.

but the plot you're saying is non-sense. writers could create plots by making the opponents faster or at the same speed. it would be better that way.

what your trying to say here is because they can travel at billion of lightyrs, they could also fight at the same speed. i disagree with that.

ok, to make it short and clear.

AGILE

Rorschach
ok, to make it short and clear.

AGILE

Spider-Man is more agile than Wally. shifty

Do you think he has superior combat speed because of this?

nij-ayias
Spider-Man is more agile than Wally. shifty

Do you think he has superior combat speed because of this?

you got what i mean but spiderman's agile can't match wally's speed.

at least pick other characters to be more fair.

it's a battle of speed and agile vice-versa.

Rorschach
at least pick other characters to be more fair.

No. no expression

nij-ayias
No. no expression

hahahaha see, now you know

Rorschach
hahahaha see, now you know

Fine.

Walter Vs. Venom

nij-ayias
Fine.

Walter Vs. Venom

it's so rare to find an agile comic characters that could match the speed of the flashes.

gold saints could beat the flashes.

Rorschach
it's so rare to find an agile comic characters that could match the speed of the flashes.

Black Tarantula Vs. Northstar

gold saints could beat the flashes.

Sure, since no Flash can fight at light-speed or faster.

Captain King
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
I would say Zoom has the potential to be, but Flash (Wally) takes the cake.
Your natural impulses tell you to say Flash because this is The Flash'es gimmick.

Unfourtanately it's not the case. Silver Sufer travels galaxies with little strain, so he's moving at quantamn speeds. Sure The Flash could probably do that too, but not nearly as well. When you take away The Flash'es speed, he's just a normal guy.

And against Silver Surfer, The Flash moves like a snail, he can't even fly, meaning he has to slow himself down not to hit a wall or something.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Captain King
The Flash moves like a snail, he can't even fly, meaning he has to slow himself down not to hit a wall or something.

Good thing Flash can vibrate through walls or something eh?

Capt Spaulding
Originally posted by King_Mungi

eh

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
eh

wink

Capt Spaulding
wink

trick wants to do you stoned

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
trick wants to do you stoned

yeah I just saw that in your sig.......disturbing.

Capt Spaulding
yeah I just saw that in your sig.......disturbing. you have no idea mein freund

nij-ayias
Originally posted by Captain King
Your natural impulses tell you to say Flash because this is The Flash'es gimmick.

Unfourtanately it's not the case. Silver Sufer travels galaxies with little strain, so he's moving at quantamn speeds. Sure The Flash could probably do that too, but not nearly as well. When you take away The Flash'es speed, he's just a normal guy.

And against Silver Surfer, The Flash moves like a snail, he can't even fly, meaning he has to slow himself down not to hit a wall or something.

yet, silver surfer's reflexes and agility aren't that impressive.

vibrating =/= fighting

so you mean he can attack while vibrating?

swerve1988
ZOOM ftw

Galan007
Azrael 1M should be on the list as well...

Azrael moves from Pluto to Mars in a nanosecond:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_az6.jpg

On average,
It is approximately 3,559,000,000 miles from Pluto to Mars...

Azrael covered this distance in a nanosecond (one billionth of a second).

Even if something was traveling at the speed of light, it would still take between 3-5 hours to cover this same distance.

Do the math.

horrorwolf
Under their own powers....

Marvel: Silver Surfer

DC: Flash hands down.

Both: If writer would allow Surfer's cosmic awareness contain knowledge of the "speed force" as an element he could potentially manipulate it too..... If not, Flash under his own abilities.

Soljer
Azrael 1M should be on the list as well...

Azrael moves from Pluto to Mars in a nanosecond:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_az6.jpg

On average,
It is approximately 3,559,000,000 miles from Pluto to Mars...

Azrael covered this distance in a nanosecond (one billionth of a second).

Even if something was traveling at the speed of light, it would still take between 3-5 hours to cover this same distance.

Do the math.

Get outta here, 1M fanboy.

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
Get outta here, 1M fanboy. It's not my fault he should be there. 131fist

Face Inc.
bump angel

-K-M-
Originally posted by Blanket
Look at that tight ass...no expression

Post was made in 2006 and still full of win.

galactusischere
Between Zoom and Runner IMO

complexbrother
KC Flash .

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by complexbrother
KC Flash .

thumb up he was so fast he existed in more then one dimension. And he was everyhwhere at once in his town. Though to be fair he didn't do as well as he should in the last clash of the Superheroes.

Colossus-Big C
Hermes out ran flash while he was jogging.
Zoom cant touch that.
they guy runs across the universe almost every day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.