Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Similiar to my Thanos Thread. It seems that WW holds this place as a top tier that can't beat any other Top tiers who can fly or have any kind of Speed. Why is this? To date, I have only seen people say with certainty that she can beat the Hulk.

So What makes WW Top tier if no one thinks she can beat or hang with any top tiers?

Who can she beat? Who can she hang with?

Wally West
Wonder Woman can 'hang' with anyone in that Superman tier, like Superman, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter, Thor, Gladiator, Bizarro etc. and get a few wins /10 against them all.

The fact shes a woman means she can't take the majority shifty

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Wally West
Wonder Woman can 'hang' with anyone in that Superman tier, like Superman, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter, Thor, Gladiator, Bizarro etc. and get a few wins /10 against them all.

The fact shes a woman means she can't take the majority shifty

MM isn't as strong as her in the long run, nor as skilled. Bizarro is not skilled enough to actually fight with any kind of certainty. Thor wins over superman becuz of his magic. The very thing Diana is made to fight against. Gladiator's confidence wanes. And yet she cant get the majority? See what I mean.

Soleran
People make a HUGE issue over Gladiator's confidence, pfft.

Women should learn how to cook not fight.

Hey we know she can beat Batman though, right!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soleran

People make a huge issue over Superman's weakness to red sun radiation, ww's weakness to sharp objects, thor not having actual super speed, THe Hulk not being able to fly and yada yada. It's what makes them not invincible.

Wally West
Supergirl. She can beat Supergirl wink

DigiMark007

Woot. An excuse for people to degrade women.

...fortunately for us (or you, I should say), 99% of this forum is male.

no expression

Soleran
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Woot. An excuse for people to degrade women.

...fortunately for us (or you, I should say), 99% of this forum is male.

no expression

I made an openly sarcastic misogynistic comment, normally folks just bury WW in fights in my opinion due to the fact she's a chick.

Really it's unfortunate its a male dominated forum, she'd get more respect if it wasn't.

Of course if it was a contest of cleaning a house I'll bet WW could still beat some top tiers out there like Gladiator regardless of his confidence levels.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I made an openly sarcastic misogynistic comment, normally folks just bury WW in fights in my opinion due to the fact she's a chick.

Really it's unfortunate its a male dominated forum, she'd get more respect if it wasn't.
Exactly

olympian
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
MM isn't as strong as her in the long run, nor as skilled. Bizarro is not skilled enough to actually fight with any kind of certainty. Thor wins over superman becuz of his magic. The very thing Diana is made to fight against. Gladiator's confidence wanes. And yet she cant get the majority? See what I mean.

One example where Gladiator`s confidence was shaken by a powerful opponent.

She doesnt win the majority against Superman, Thor and Glads because they are all stronger (if not by a bit) and more powerful.

Drop that "its because shes a woman"card bull. Shes stronger and more powerful than alot of the mainstream heroes. Female or not.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by olympian
One example where Gladiator`s confidence was shaken by a powerful opponent.

She doesnt win the majority against Superman, Thor and Glads because they are all stronger (if not by a bit) and more powerful.

Drop that "its because shes a woman"card bull. Shes stronger and more powerful than alot of the mainstream heroes. Female or not.

Is this constructive to the op? Contribute something or be quiet.

DigiMark007

Of course if it was a contest of cleaning a house I'll bet WW could still beat some top tiers out there like Gladiator regardless of his confidence levels.

Ok, fair enough. Sometimes it's hard to detect sarcasm in the written words, so it was just a misunderstanding.

Howard_Jones
She's a good matchup for someone around Superman's level. That's honestly her limit though.

Evangel94
This isn't about Sexism. This is about the fact that Wonder Woman honestly can't beat Superman, Thor, Silver Surfer, or anybody of that caliber because she simply doesn't have the strength and the powersets necessary to defeat them on consistant basis. It's a simple as that.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Evangel94
This isn't about Sexism. This is about the fact that Wonder Woman honestly can't beat Superman, Thor, Silver Surfer, or anybody of that caliber because she simply doesn't have the stregnth and powerset to defeat them consistantly. It's a simple as that.

What is WW's strength lvl? How come she is able to actually break Superman's Bones? The man who can withstand Double black holes. Does not Silver Surfer's power cosmic grant him wins? Does not Thor's use of his hammer gaurantee wins? How about Diana's Ever renewing power that lets her keep regenerating from even the extreme magical atom scattering power of decay? Or her magic lasso? Aren't these in her power set? Barring the silver surfer, who should be able to beat all of them, can they beat her consistantly? She doesn't have the strength or powerset ,yet, she is remarkably similiar to CM. And she is a much better Warrior and has magical weapons that can sinch her wins. So exactly what powerset and lack of strength is she missing?

ExtraMision5555
This isn't about Sexism. This is about the fact that Wonder Woman honestly can't beat Superman, Thor, Silver Surfer, or anybody of that caliber because she simply doesn't have the strength and the powersets necessary to defeat them on consistant basis. It's a simple as that.

Agreed.
I was going to say the same thing. That, and, IMO, wonderwoman just isint that cool of a character.

Classic wonderwoman makes me smile, though.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
That, and, IMO, wonderwoman just isint that cool of a character.

Exactly where the crux of the real problem is.

Soljer

Quoted for the mother****in truth.

wink.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
Quoted for the mother****in truth.

wink.

Check my response to her. She has yet to answer.

Swanky-Tuna
How often does she use all those gold plated weapons?

Me thinks if she actually used them, and all her other armors and crap, instead of running around like a stripper she'd probably be more a force to be reckoned with and less the target of bondage fanart.

It seems like DC is more into reducing everyone into bricks though, so it's all based on strength, speed, and durability.

Unless you're a street leveler.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
If she used her gold plated weapons more often she'd probably be more of a force to be reckoned with.

She would only be more invulnerable to Sharp stuff. She can already take light speed punches from superman and Zoom. How much tuffer does she need to be to actually be considered equal?

Galan007
She would only be more invulnerable to Sharp stuff. She can already take light speed punches from superman and Zoom. How much tuffer does she need to be to actually be considered equal? Funny thing is that she said Zoom's punches hurt more then Superman's.

Swanky-Tuna
She would only be more invulnerable to Sharp stuff. She can already take light speed punches from superman and Zoom. How much tuffer does she need to be to actually be considered equal?
Yeesh, you reply quick.

That's a weird durability trait some have. On paper she seems like she should be really powerful. Especially if she uses all her "accessories", teehee. It sounds like she'd do incredible single target damage. Especially with magic weapons. Nothing's more powerful than a weapon made of plot device.

But from what little I know of her, she seems to follow Superman's lead of being a fisticuffs brawler.

Soleran
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Ok, fair enough. Sometimes it's hard to detect sarcasm in the written words, so it was just a misunderstanding.

thumb up

xmarksthespot
She can beat Superman, just not for the majority.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Galan007
Funny thing is that she said Zoom's punches hurt more then Superman's.

Whats funny about that?

UniOmni
I take offense to the notion that she's stronger than J'onn.

Thats the most frustrating thing about DC.

They say one thing, and then show another.

DC says she's second only to Superman. Ie, not quite equal, but in the ballpark.

But they present others, as equals of Superman.

See Orion, J'onn at times, Cap and Black Adam.

So if all these guys are more or less equal to Superman, doesn't that make Diana second to them as well?

She can take wins off many of the characters in the opening post.

Just cause she can't take a clearcut majority, doesn't lessen her overall standing.

She's the most powerful, simultaneously popular woman in comics.

Be happy.

And she's managed that, without being that interesting, imo.

Mindship
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
...wonderwoman just isint that cool of a character.
It's the costume, and the moniker.

I can see her beating everyone but Superman and Thor (the Surfer shouldn't even be in this equation cool). If Martian Manhunter were written to full potential, she'd lose to him too. Not all the time but most of the time (same with Supes and Thor).

I think there's some sexism involved, but it's hardly the dominating factor. That goes to sales and the bottom line.

And, let's face it: the average man is bigger, stronger and faster than the average woman. All else being equal, if they fought, I know where I'd place my bet.

Validus
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
She can beat Superman, just not for the majority.
Agree. When we say Character A can't beat Character B, I imagine most are usually referring to a majority of wins. WW CAN beat Superman (she has before) or Thor, just not more than 2/3 out of 10.

I will say she can't beat the Silver Surfer or Green Lantern in a forum setting and I do mean she wins 0/10.

darthgoober
Look nvr, WW's situation is different than Thanos's. See the problem with WW is the same as the problem with just about all bricks(especially in DC), they're inconsistent. One day SHE'S second only to Supes, the next Captain Marvel is, then Orion, etc.. The only consistent thing about her really, is that she's in the heavyweight division as far as strength goes. With Thanos on the other hand, he's been consistently shown to be ABOVE Herald level beings in all aspects but speed. Now, we could sit around and debate about who's stronger between him, Darkseid, and Despero all day, because they're all somewhere in the same strength range(just like we could debate about WW and Captain Marvel all day), but there's no real debate about who's stronger between him and Thor or Supes(anymore than there would be about WW and Thing).

olympian
And all that should be common knowelege. WW can defeat Superman because just like him, hes top tier. But shes not his equal inside that tier.

I mean, we dont see anyone saying that every top tier around are exactly the same, do we? Its not: Superman = Captain Marvel = Wonder Woman = Thor = Hercules = Hulk = Gladiator = MM = Hyperion = Namor = Wonder Man, is it?

We always place some higher in that tier and some lower. So why the blazes when someone places WW below some (and higher than some) is downplaying "women"? In what way?

So when someone places MM below the likes of WW and Thor in strength (wich is correct in my view), are we pulling a "I hate aliens" card?

Its outrigth bull.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by olympian
And all that should be common knowelege. WW can defeat Superman because just like him, hes top tier. But shes not his equal inside that tier.

I mean, we dont see anyone saying that every top tier around are exactly the same, do we? Its not: Superman = Captain Marvel = Wonder Woman = Thor = Hercules = Hulk = Gladiator = MM = Hyperion = Namor = Wonder Man, is it?

We always place some higher in that tier and some lower. So why the blazes when someone places WW below some (and higher than some) is downplaying "women"? In what way?

So when someone places MM below the likes of WW and Thor in strength (wich is correct in my view), are we pulling a "I hate aliens" card?

Its outrigth bull.

MM isn't exactly below Her and Thor in strength. He can match them, but only for a few minutes I suppose. But most people have already said the truth. you just hate to admit it. good day. She's not that cool to them AND there is a bit of Woman hateration.

olympian
MM isn't exactly below Her and Thor in strength. He can match them, but only for a few minutes I suppose.
And that means hes not theyr equal. What did i just said?

But most people have already said the truth. you just hate to admit it. good day. She's not that cool to them AND there is a bit of Woman hateration.
If you just conceaded on what i have said, what is exactly that i hate admiting?

Supreme being
Funny thing is that she said Zoom's punches hurt more then Superman's. stick out tongue He holds back

A lot.

Galan007
Originally posted by Supreme being
stick out tongue He holds back

A lot. I'm sure you meant Zoom.

stick out tongue

Kurash
if superman didnt hold back he would light WW up everytime no problem, unfortunately he does

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Kurash
if superman didnt hold back he would light WW up everytime no problem, unfortunately he does

That is why he thought She was Doomsday who just killed Lois? Yeah right he was holding back. Punched her from the Sun to the Earth in Under a Minute. You call that Holding back?

olympian
Superman was holding back, nothing.

Galan007
That is why he thought She was Doomsday who just killed Lois? Yeah right he was holding back. Punched her from the Sun to the Earth in Under a Minute. You call that Holding back? Her bracelets deflected the OE back at DS.

WTF was that all about.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Her bracelets deflected the OE back at DS.

WTF was that all about.

Many called that the Loeb debacle. THE OE has been known to go around or simply teleport thru barriers such as her bracelets. Non Jobbing DS killed WW with one punch in the Rock of Ages Storyline.

Galan007
Many called that the Loeb debacle. THE OE has been known to go around or simply teleport thru barriers such as her bracelets. There's Loeb for ya roll eyes (sarcastic)

BobbyD

For the most part, you are correct. Key word is "consistant".

But she is able (possess the skills sets) to defeat anyone of the aforementioned above, w/ the exception of SS.

roughrider
We'll see what her look is like when the movie comes out, because it IS going to be changed. Then, maybe DC will finally get the fact her outfit is too cheesecake, and make changes to something an Amazon Warrior Princess should really wear.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by roughrider
We'll see what her look is like when the movie comes out, because it IS going to be changed. Then, maybe DC will finally get the fact her outfit is too cheesecake, and make changes to something an Amazon Warrior Princess should really wear.

The outfit is fine. They just need to change the Blue spangled skivy's to like a golden girdle or something. like the one she wore in kingdome come. only have it be like the same material as her lasso, so it's tuff, but moves.

omar.cloma
I don't think that movie's ever coming out anymore. When was the last time Joss Whedon gave an update on the movie's developments? All you see on the net are rumours of actresses all wanting to play Wonder Woman. Back on track, I don't understand why a lot of people think Superman really is a force to be reckoned with. Anyone of us can beat the crap out of him without breaking a sweat. Kryptonite, anyone? Superman's top-tier considering his ridiculous powers. But is he still considered top-tier when we factor in his weaknesses as well? I highly doubt it.

Swanky-Tuna
It's easy to say you can just play the kryptonite card but it's supposed to be really rare.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by omar.cloma
I don't think that movie's ever coming out anymore. When was the last time Joss Whedon gave an update on the movie's developments? All you see on the net are rumours of actresses all wanting to play Wonder Woman. Back on track, I don't understand why a lot of people think Superman really is a force to be reckoned with. Anyone of us can beat the crap out of him without breaking a sweat. Kryptonite, anyone? Superman's top-tier considering his ridiculous powers. But is he still considered top-tier when we factor in his weaknesses as well? I highly doubt it.

It takes a shit load of the green stuff to hurt him anymore. WW found that out the hard way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.