namor vs storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jacobo0o
who wins

nvrbeenwthagirl
They would make an awesome duo in a guantlet. She could powerhim up something serious. Either can take the other out. 5/5 either way.

jacobo0o
but there has to be a winner no draw

Galan007
Where does the fight take place?

jacobo0o
florida new york china tokyo

DarkCrawler
Namor kills her. This has been done in a 70+ page thread.

Galan007
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Namor kills her. This has been done in a 70+ page thread. Crikey, Your right!

This particluar thread was only 49pgs though stick out tongue:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=356686&highlight=namor+v.s.+storm

Brian Oswald
Been done. Namor wins

Mindship
Strength: Namor, by several magnitudes.
Speed: Namor, by several magnitudes.
Durability: Namor, by several magnitudes.

Now Storm can summon up lightning...but Namor can absorb electricity

Storm May be able to pull a win if she can use lightning indirectly to generate heat and dry Namor out, or set off concussive blasts then knock him into something solid with hurricane winds.

Namor: 8/10...over land.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Galan007
Crikey, Your right!

This particluar thread was only 49pgs though stick out tongue:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=356686&highlight=namor+v.s.+storm Oh..well. stick out tongue

jacobo0o
damn just when i thought i created a tight fight
oh well

King_Mungi
Oh..well. stick out tongue

Typical Namor fan, always over-exagerating stick out tongue

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mindship
Now Storm can summon up lightning...but Namor can absorb electricity

He can't absorb even half as much as she can generate though.

Metalmanx
Namor. Everytime.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Scoobless
He can't absorb even half as much as she can generate though. He absorbed the force of an small hydrogen bomb once...whistle

Anyway, she can't do any damage to Namor that would stop him before he could get to her.

The Fake Macoy
I say Namor would win this, since he's likely to speedblitz her.

stormfront13
Namor 7-8/10

2damnloud
Storm 7/10

Metalmanx
...Really? erm

Sam Z
What about her forcefield?

pr1983
Originally posted by jacobo0o
who wins

laughing

no expression

Namor kills her. This has been done in a 70+ page thread.

Soljer
Namor, at LEAST 8/10.

marvelprince
Originally posted by Sam Z
What about her forcefield?

Exactly. What about it?

2damnloud
.Storm could just surround herself with a pressure dome eek! to deflect all of Namors attacks. Since Namor get's his strength from water, she would need to relegate her powers to heat, and air attacks. Namor's strength would diminish the longer he's out of water and also from being dehydrated.

Storm could just whip up a super-heated tropical vortex and dry him out(there's ALOT more elements related to weather than just lightining a rain).

Storm 6-7/10

Storm is a MUCH faster flyer and has more long range ATMOSPHERIC attacks. Namor would have to be close to her to use his super strength. I'm sure she's not going to let that happen

Swanky-Tuna
Somebody said that very same thing in the previous namor vs storm thread. Word for word. Just don't ask me to point it out.

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by 2damnloud
.Storm could just surround herself with a pressure dome eek! to deflect all of Namors attacks. Since Namor get's his strength from water, she would need to relegate her powers to heat, and air attacks. Namor's strength would diminish the longer he's out of water and also from being dehydrated.

Storm could just whip up a super-heated tropical vortex and dry him out(there's ALOT more elements related to weather than just lightining a rain).

Storm 6-7/10

Storm is a MUCH faster flyer and has more long range ATMOSPHERIC attacks. Namor would have to be close to her to use his super strength. I'm sure she's not going to let that happen speedblitz 10/10 no expression

2damnloud
Nope. Can't speed blitz someone who's faster than you in the air.confused

You also can't speed blitz running into a DRASTIC atmospheric change ala air pressure.confused

6-7/10 for the aforementioned reasons smokin'

Heat and intense vortex winds are not Namor's friendsconfused

Swanky-Tuna
The crap you can't.

Brian Oswald

You also can't speed blitz running into a DRASTIC atmospheric change ala air pressure.confused

6-7/10 for the aforementioned reasons smokin'

Heat and intense vortex winds are not Namor's friendsconfused He will kill her before she can do any of that

Mindship
I remember posts somewhere (probably in the Namor Respect Thread) of Namor chasing down or in some way dealing with objects moving at hypersonic velocities. I Don't recall any mention of Storm being able to move anywhere near that fast.

But...I could be wrong.

Metalmanx

You're right. You can't speed blitz someone who's faster than you in the air.

Main reason why Namor wins. erm

2damnloud
^prove that Namor is faster

srankmissingnin
Namor can fly fast then Storm for sure but can he fly faster then her while maintaining control and maneuverability? Not by much. He has had aerial battles with Sunfire and their wasn't any difference between the two in speed. Aside from moving form piont A to point B in a straight line their wont be much of a difference.

2damnloud
Storm can fly at over 300mph mutidirectionally. She has excellent arial abilities.

Storm controls the air thus she controls Namor since he uses it as a medium for his flight. There's nothing he can really do

Mindship
300mph! That's it? Compared to Namor's reflexes, and what he has dealt with in aerial combat, it's gonna be like Storm's in slow motion for him.

Please check out the Namor Respect thread -- his flight feats -- and note what he's capable of (while you're at it, check his strength and durability feats, as well...they are unexpectedly most impressive).

Soljer
300mph! That's it? Compared to Namor's reflexes, and what he has dealt with in aerial combat, it's gonna be like Storm's in slow motion for him.

Please check out the Namor Respect thread -- his flight feats -- and note what he's capable of (while you're at it, check his strength and durability feats, as well...they are unexpectedly most impressive).

Rating in the multiple-mach-speeds. smile.

Rutog98
Originally posted by Soljer
Rating in the multiple-mach-speeds. smile.

Storm has accomplished stunts with her winds on numerous occassions well beyond the strength and speed of 300 mph winds.

A Storm vs. Namor battle is silly and abuse for Namor. In Inferno, she fired heat beams from her hands. Heck, he can't get anywhere near her to do her any real harm when she can fly fater and control the winds. She can move him where she wants with her winds (including up against mountain sides at ungodly speeds over and over till he is rendered unconscious or she could even punch him through a mountain). She would not have to summon a single lightning bolt for this fight. She can summon very hot winds and cover the battlefield in the literal blink of an eye with this assault, she could pin him to the ground or command the winds to hold him in place in mid-air as she dehydrates him. HEck, if she really wanted to get nasty, she could hurl him into a volcano with her winds and lets see how long he survives that that hot lava.

Howard_Jones
Nothing that you listed is something that Namor has never dealt with. Namor still wins this.

inamilist
Originally posted by Rutog98
Storm has accomplished stunts with her winds on numerous occassions well beyond the strength and speed of 300 mph winds.

not to be a scan nazi, but can you proove this?

not that its unreasonable, but in the ammount of time it would take to create the winds of the most powerful tornados on earth Namor is already pasting her with a single punch.

Storm may be able to pull off some wins, if I think of anything overly creative to do with the weather I will post it, but winds at Namor? the guy who stabalizes himself in the ocean against the tides normally? the guy who can move at supersonic speeds? Wind resistance seems hardly an effective way to fight him....

How much control of humidity does storm have?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Namor can fly fast then Storm for sure but can he fly faster then her while maintaining control and maneuverability? Not by much. He has had aerial battles with Sunfire and their wasn't any difference between the two in speed. Aside from moving form piont A to point B in a straight line their wont be much of a difference.

Sure he can. Having perfected his flying for 85 years and all. It never occured to you that he wasn't going all-out against Sunfire?

Anyway, all he needs to do is to fly in straight line and punch Storm's head off. Seeing as Namor can speed up to at least Mach 3 instantly, should not be hard to do. And he has hit escape velocity in seconds too. I spell it out. In the few seconds it takes Storm to whip up anything at all, Namor has already crossed the distance between them and punched her head off. Human reactions and slower speed VS reactions hundreds of times faster then those of humans and FASTER speed. It's simple math.

Namor is not only faster flier then Storm is, but also more experienced. Storm dies. Oh, and any wind Storm whips up, Namor just punches through. He's navigated through stuff Silver Surfer couldn't get through after all. Do I really need to own the Storm fanboys again?

inamilist
Do I really need to own the Storm fanboys again?

someone needs to stick out tongue

DarkCrawler
But it is Christmas for gods sake. Getting an humiliating owning would not be very nice Christmas present for them. erm

inamilist
lol

tis the season...

those lucky sobs....

LordFear
I think Storm could win this if she gives it her all. At her max that chick can summon incredible strength. Namor is a berserker and that has always been his downfall

DarkCrawler
Namor is not a berseker, far from it. There is no reason in this fight for him to act like a lunatic. Most of the time he fights very smart, unless he is angered.

Hell, if he was angry, Storm would have less chance escaping this match alive...

Mindship
'Bout time you showed up to put an end to this. But did you have to go here...Originally posted by DarkCrawler
He's navigated through stuff Silver Surfer couldn't get through after all.
Outta respect for Namor, I'm not gonna pursue that. angel_not

Soljer
Namor is not a berseker, far from it. There is no reason in this fight for him to act like a lunatic. Most of the time he fights very smart, unless he is angered.

Hell, if he was angry, Storm would have less chance escaping this match alive...

Perhaps he only meant that Namor is a bit arrogant - which he definitely is.

But a berserker? No.

Regardless, I still await the owning of the Storm fanboys, DC. Have at them!

DarkCrawler
'Bout time you showed up to put an end to this. But did you have to go here...
Outta respect for Namor, I'm not gonna pursue that. angel_not

stick out tongue

Special conditions, but still...

He could just thunderclap the hurricanes away anyway. wink

Brian Oswald
I dont think its so much Storm-fanboyism as it is ignorance of what Namor is capable of

LordFear

Wait, the guy nicknamed the Avenging Son is not a berserker?
Have you seen him fight? The guy constantly charges into battle head on, just pounding away. Oh c'mon here people. This is characteristic of Namor. Are you gonna deny this ?

LordFear
Perhaps he only meant that Namor is a bit arrogant - which he definitely is.

But a berserker? No.

Regardless, I still await the owning of the Storm fanboys, DC. Have at them!

Hahaha. please pick up a Namor comix. He is not only arrogant but hot headed and lashes out before thinking. He gets too mixed up in fights and just pounds away. He only understands might and strength. Oh man this is ridiculous.

Soljer
Originally posted by LordFear
Hahaha. please pick up a Namor comix. He is not only arrogant but hot headed and lashes out before thinking. He gets too mixed up in fights and just pounds away. He only understands might and strength. Oh man this is ridiculous.

I've read Namor, plenty of Namor.

He's arrogant, no doubt.

But he's not stupid.

LordFear
I've read Namor, plenty of Namor.

He's arrogant, no doubt.

But he's not stupid.

There is a difference between stupid and berserker. Choose your terminology carefully because I did.
I never said he was stupid. He is the stinking prince of a kingdom. What I DID SAY was that he is brash and hot headed. He is quick to have his temper flare up resulting in him going into fits of berserker rage. Its part of his arrogance as royalty. He doesn't sit there and talk things out. He has a huge short fuse. In that respect he is a berserker. Thus a definition of the word. I think people just tie the word only to Logan cuz he is the more main stream character.

King_Mungi
Have you seen him fight?

Anyone else sniker when he said that to DC? wink

Soljer
There is a difference between stupid and berserker. Choose your terminology carefully because I did.
I never said he was stupid. He is the stinking prince of a kingdom. What I DID SAY was that he is brash and hot headed. He is quick to have his temper flare up resulting in him going into fits of berserker rage. Its part of his arrogance as royalty. He doesn't sit there and talk things out. He has a huge short fuse. In that respect he is a berserker. Thus a definition of the word. I think people just tie the word only to Logan cuz he is the more main stream character.

Hot headed? Rash? Fast into battle?

Sure.

But he isn't stupid. Even in battle, he shows tactics worthy of an Atlantian Prince.

2damnloud
Storm wins 7/10

Her control over the atmosphere is much too great for this simple fish.

She'd probably be bored.

Namor only flies at 60 mph laughing

The atmospheric pressure she creates around herself is so great that it has cut through MOUNTAINS. Namor is not getting through. SHe can create this INSTANTLY. It like a bubble or high density pressure force feild, if you will. She can then create a super-heated tropical wind vortext at her LEISURE that would just dry Namor out. All it takes is smarts and finnesse, not super strength. Storm's winds have moved the HULK. Namor is NOTHING.

Namor has to be close and be able to physically TOUCH Ororo in order to "punch her head off". He's not getting that chance. Ororo would make The atmosphere is too hostile to fly, thus he would be grounded(even WORSE).

Her straight-line winds have driven STRAW into Emma's DIAMOND form. Just imagine her picking up GRAVEL and hurling at Namor at 300-600 mph(storm can intensify the winds on earth to virtually whatever she wants)

Storm 7/10

The other three if Namor get's the jump on her, which I doubt.

Soljer
Sixty miles per hour? He has flown at multiple mach speeds several times. He's out ran missiles, and has even flown past the atmosphere (meaning escape velocity).

LordFear
Hot headed? Rash? Fast into battle?

Sure.

But he isn't stupid. Even in battle, he shows tactics worthy of an Atlantian Prince.

The scenario I see developing with an encounter with Ororo is that he is gonna get cocky and arrogant after a short exchange of words and try to knock her out with brute strength.This is in accordance from what I know of Namor's personality

pr1983
Originally posted by King_Mungi

*raises hand*

Soljer
Originally posted by pr1983
*raises hand*

yes

LordFear

I am sorry obviously I do not follow here. If you are referring to a previous post I commented then clearly quoted it or post up a link to it. I don't what that comment was referring to.
Furthermore I never understood why people can't stick to the topic at hand. I am discussing Namor and Storm. Try to stay relevant.

pr1983
I am sorry obviously I do not follow here. If you are referring to a previous post I commented then clearly quoted it or post up a link to it. I don't what that comment was referring to.
Furthermore I never understood why people can't stick to the topic at hand. I am discussing Namor and Storm. Try to stay relevant.

Ok... the thing is, i doubt there is anybody on this forum who has read more namor comics than dc... he's the resident namor expert...

so it is relevant... erm

LordFear
Originally posted by pr1983
Ok... the thing is, i doubt there is anybody on this forum who has read more namor comics than dc... he's the resident namor expert...

so it is relevant... erm

Sorry to me that is purely conjecture.I don't know DC. I only know of my knowledge on a character. I mean if you are gonna dispute Namor's character and how he has been acting in comix for decades then by all means do so. I haven't read a myriade of Namor comix, true indeed but what I have read which is sufficient for me to make these assessments make me belief what I have argued above and stick to it.

King_Mungi

DC who you quoted is the one who created the Namor respect thread, so yeah it's safe to assume he has seen him fight.

pr1983
Sorry to me that is purely conjecture.I don't know DC. I only know of my knowledge on a character. I mean if you are gonna dispute Namor's character and how he has been acting in comix for decades then by all means do so. I haven't read a myriade of Namor comix, true indeed but what I have read which is sufficient for me to make these assessments make me belief what I have argued above and stick to it.

DC who you quoted is the one who created the Namor respect thread, so yeah it's safe to assume he has seen him fight.

erm

King_Mungi
So was I the only one who snickered at that? and why don't people use the word "snicker" more often? rolls off the tongue.

pr1983
So was I the only one who snickered at that? and why don't people use the word "snicker" more often? rolls off the tongue.

i use the word 'snigger' more than 'snicker', but yeah, t'was kinda funny...

Soljer

PR and I both did.

Swanky-Tuna
Her straight-line winds have driven STRAW into Emma's DIAMOND form.
Did she? I recall the scan all the Storm fan posted of Storm talking about what straw allegedly does to concrete then threatening to do the same to Emma with a metal pole.

And what part of "this has been done" don't you fools understand?

pr1983
PR and I both did.

yes

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Did she? I recall the scan all the Storm fan posted of Storm talking about what straw allegedly does to concrete then threatening to do the same to Emma with a metal pole.

touche...

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

And what part of "this has been done" don't you fools understand? http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormvsemma30tm.jpg laughing

xmarksthespot
If Danger can't shatter her, Storm isn't going to.

Claremont continuously spontaneously orgasms when he writes Storm... that's why the writing is so substandard.

This has been done.

Namor wins.

Oh, and I snickered and sniggered... at the same time. I'm a modern medical marvel.

What If...
....that never happened.

jrodslam
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Danger was gonna drill her to pieces if memory serves me correct. Emma got saved.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by jrodslam
Danger was gonna drill her to pieces if memory serves me correct. Emma got saved. Danger tried to scare her. But in the end she didn't try and fight Emma, she blackmailed her...

In Danger's analysis it says "Diamond form impenetrable at current mass." although I suppose that's still ambiguous.

Emma's flaw was eliminated when Jean telekinetically fused her together again, she has no fracture points, iirc.

pr1983

Claremont continuously spontaneously orgasms when he writes Storm... that's why the writing is so substandard.

more true than any true thing has ever been trued...

i won't argue with that... stick out tongue

jrodslam
Danger tried to scare her. But in the end she didn't try and fight Emma, she blackmailed her...

In Danger's analysis it says "Diamond form impenetrable at current mass." although I suppose that's still ambiguous.

Emma's flaw was eliminated when Jean telekinetically fused her together again, she has no fracture points, iirc.

I think it may have been a bit of both. Danger may have tried to scare her, but then again maybe not. Emma sure did look scared and Danger counted on Cyclops to save her. Danger did get a couple more hits on Emma and either way, the X-Men werent walking away from that fight before Danger.

I thought that eventhough Emmas diamond form is different, she still wasnt flawless?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormvsemma30tm.jpg laughing
Is the straw going into her? I can't tell. She looks too smooth for anything to catch on her.

Rutog98
Storm has flown from New Orleans to New York in a matter of minutes with her winds. She turns winds like that against Namor and he's done for. Furthermore, she effortlessly generated winds in a split second capable of lifting tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands tons. She has generated winds strong enough to smash Magneto's force-field and punch her pressure dome through a mountain. Namor surviving in the ocean and swimming against ocean currents does nothing against the winds. First of all, its out of water. He is strongest in the water. He is flying through the air, not swimming through it. All that matters here is if he has enough of a thrust to get through the kind of wind force Storm can generate. The answer is no. Rogue can lift about 65 tons, right? She is definately strong enough to knock back Namor. Imagine what winds that can move THOUSANDS of tons coming at Namor can do. Namor is clobbered. Not to mention the fact that Storm could direct heat winds at him. Heck, she can control water itself. For instance, she has been able to direct ocean currents and shape the water molecules in the sky to form a lens through which to filter specific sun rays through. She could simply will the moisture that keeps Namor at full power and alive to abandon him.

This is a REALLY REALLY bad fight for Namor. Storm is far too powerful and has far too many weapons at her disposal.

What If...
Scans?
Even so, Namor has gone faster...

That wasn't canon.

1) Magento was distracted with 3 other x-men
2) That was before the Magneto he is now.

Storm does NOT have control over water molecules. The scan specifically states "Storm, shape the water DROPLETS in those clouds...."

You really need to lay off the Storm respect thread, you are obviously not getting whats the scans ACTUALLY mean.

2damnloud
Yea, the pressure ALONE would probably break him all apart

King_Mungi
Yea, the pressure ALONE would probably break him all apart

Pressure? the guy lives in the bottom of the ocean, how much pressure you think is down there? He is not going to be breaking "all apart"

pr1983
Pressure? the guy lives in the bottom of the ocean, how much pressure you think is down there? He is not going to be breaking "all apart"

cosigned. honestly, some people seriously think namor is unaccustomed to pressure...

2damnloud
The force of wind traveling in excess of 500 mph( a litteral BREEZE for her). If it's TORNADIC, then that kind of wind could scour all the concrete off the ground. As a matter of fact, Tornadoes in actual nature already do that.

What will Namor do if she was to drop an F5 tornado on him??? It would KILL him. She dropped a nice one on Mags. He STRUGGLED and was anchored by a magnetic feild. His magnetic powers WERE active at the time.

Striaght line winds would just Beat him up so Badly.--All that dibris and just loose gravel off the groud flying at Bullet speed PLUS the pressure. He'd be chicken of the sea.

All of this is happening while storm is Protecting herself inside a high density pressure dome.(another munipulation of air)

King_Mungi
Actually no they isn't sufficent force to rip him apart, check out the pressure per square inch near the bottom of the ocean.

pr1983
The force of wind traveling in excess of 500 mph( a litteral BREEZE for her). If it's TORNADIC, then that kind of wind could scour all the concrete off the ground. As a matter of fact, Tornadoes in actual nature already do that.

What will Namor do if she was to drop an F5 tornado on him??? It would KILL him. She dropped a nice one on Mags. He STRUGGLED and was anchored by a magnetic feild. His magnetic powers WERE active at the time.

Striaght line winds would just Beat him up so Badly.--All that dibris and just loose gravel off the groud flying at Bullet speed PLUS the pressure. He'd be chicken of the sea.

All of this is happening while storm is Protecting herself inside a high density pressure dome.(another munipulation of air)

so this is instantaneous right? she can do all this faster than he can slam into her at superspeed?

xmarksthespot
1) That wasn't an F5 tornado.
2) The field wasn't up, a tornado isn't sufficient to break Magneto's forcefields.
3) Bullets move at Mach 3-5, impacting on relatively minute surface area; Storm's winds do not.

2damnloud
Yea, that was a misstep on my part. . We have no way of actually knowing, since no winds have been recorded that fast. I'm sure water pressure and air pressure are different as it relates to that kind of wind speed.

I dunno if you can compare and say if he can stand one he could stand the other.

A good analysis would be, could those kinds of winds rip apart a submarine??? More than likely.

pr1983
Yea, that was a misstep on my part. . We have no way of actually knowing, since no winds have been recorded that fast. I'm sure water pressure and air pressure are different as it relates to that kind of wind speed.

I dunno if you can compare and say if he can stand one he could stand the other.

A good analysis would be, could those kinds of winds rip apart a submarine??? More than likely.

the hull of a submarine is not as durable as namor, and he has lived at levels of pressure deeper than most submarine's have travelled... in little more than a pair of green speedos...

2damnloud
2) The field wasn't up, a tornado isn't sufficient to break Magneto's forcefields.
3) Bullets move at Mach 3-5, impacting on relatively minute surface area; Storm's winds do not.

1) even worse, it was weaker and STILL gave him HELL
2) His powers were ACTIVE and even FURTHER goes to show how FAST her powers work if she could get a big ass tornado on Mags and him not even have time to react.
3)DIBRIS in her winds can though confused rolling on floor laughing

2damnloud
I said my peice. Have at it. I'll watch cool

Soljer
I said my peice. Have at it. I'll watch cool

Your 'peice' is meaningless drivel.

xmarksthespot
1) even worse, it was weaker and STILL gave him HELL
2) His powers were ACTIVE and even FURTHER goes to show how FAST her powers work if she could get a big ass tornado on Mags and him not even have time to react.
3)DIBRIS in her winds can though confused rolling on floor laughing Ever heard of plot induced stupidity. Magneto is the villain and is meant to lose. The forcefields have held up to far far worse.

Debris in her winds move faster than the actual winds carrying them? no expression Do you think before you type or just mash at the keyboard and hope words form sentences?

Methinks the latter.

batdude123
plot induced stupidity

Without question considering:

A) He's created storms that are beyond her weather manipulating abilities:

http://img484.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenv208607rougherqb1.jpg

and

B) He thinks and reacts 1450% faster than normal humans do:

http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenunlimted0023839mw8.jpg

xmarksthespot
"The research Moira MacTaggert provided you came in handy?"

The scan would be more impressive if Gabrielle Haller had thought of a longer sentence.

laughing out loud

batdude123
"The research Moira MacTaggert provided you came in handy?"

The scan would be more impressive if Gabrielle Haller had thought of a longer sentence.

laughing out loud

A) It was cold.

and

B) It's not like the writers were actually writing that with his weiner size in mind. They don't think like you do. laughing out loud

xmarksthespot
But wouldn't comics be so much more interesting if they did dodgy...

Soljer

If by interesting you mean slightly frightening....

batdude123

Perhaps... shock

You DO have an intersting mind...

Rutog98
Originally posted by What If...
Scans?
Even so, Namor has gone faster...

That wasn't canon.

1) Magento was distracted with 3 other x-men
2) That was before the Magneto he is now.

Storm does NOT have control over water molecules. The scan specifically states "Storm, shape the water DROPLETS in those clouds...."

You really need to lay off the Storm respect thread, you are obviously not getting whats the scans ACTUALLY mean.

Sorry, it was canon when Storm lifted tens of thousands/hundreds of thousands of tons. That was in Contest of Champions 2. She lifted that skyscraper. What you are referring to that was not canon was when she moved thousands of tons of rocks with her winds in a crossover with DC written by CC. Well, that does not matter because if she can lift the skyscraper, then she can also move thousands of tons of rocks.

In regards to the water droplets thing, okay, you have a point. It was that, not molecules, but it still gives her the power to will the water off of Namor. All I had to do was establish her control over water.

Rutog98

Bullets don't travel with enough force to punch through a moutain. Try shooting a gun at the side of a mountain. Its not going to go very far. STorm's winds has enough force to punch her pressure field through a mountain. Her winds carry much more power than a bullet and her winds have smashed Magneto's force-field an placed a tremendous strain on her magnetic powers. This is canon.

Metalmanx
Bullets don't travel with enough force to punch through a moutain. Try shooting a gun at the side of a mountain. Its not going to go very far. STorm's winds has enough force to punch her pressure field through a mountain. Her winds carry much more power than a bullet and her winds have smashed Magneto's force-field an placed a tremendous strain on her magnetic powers. This is canon.

Uh..."Storm's winds has enough force to punch her pressure field through a mountain"? What does this mean exactly?

Methinks you're overestimating Storm's wind power juuuuuust a teense. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm not even going to go into the many reasons why Namor wins because it's been discussed over and over again. Just well, know that Namor wins. no expression

Swanky-Tuna
I think the scan showed her winds traveling in a ball around her, like Sonic the Hedgehog or something, and it ground a tunnel for her.

Lucid Lui
N-A-M-O-R W-I-N-S

!

What If...
You didn't establish anything, stop giving yourself credit.

xmarksthespot
Sorry, it was canon when Storm lifted tens of thousands/hundreds of thousands of tons. That was in Contest of Champions 2. She lifted that skyscraper. What you are referring to that was not canon was when she moved thousands of tons of rocks with her winds in a crossover with DC written by CC. Well, that does not matter because if she can lift the skyscraper, then she can also move thousands of tons of rocks.

In regards to the water droplets thing, okay, you have a point. It was that, not molecules, but it still gives her the power to will the water off of Namor. All I had to do was establish her control over water. She braced a building, that didn't have sufficient height to be referred to as a skyscraper. Spider-Man has done the same thing.

She doesn't have fine control of water, she cannot make a giant Poseidon-figure out of water and threaten to crush Manhattan like Ult. Namor did.

She didn't "punch through a mountain." It was a hollowed out iceberg base, she had already made a hole using lightning in it on the X-Men's way in, when they left she shielded them from some falling debris from the already crumbling base, then exited the hollowed out iceberg possibly through the same hole, possibly not.

She has not smashed Magneto's forcefield, except in your deluded mind.

Namor wins.

Soljer
She braced a building, that didn't have sufficient height to be referred to as a skyscraper. Spider-Man has done the same thing.

She doesn't have fine control of water, she cannot make a giant Poseidon-figure out of water and threaten to crush Manhattan like Ult. Namor did.

She didn't "punch through a mountain." It was a hollowed out iceberg base, she had already made a hole using lightning in it on the X-Men's way in, when they left she shielded them from some falling debris from the already crumbling base, then exited the hollowed out iceberg possibly through the same hole, possibly not.

She has not smashed Magneto's forcefield, except in your deluded mind.

Namor wins.

yes

2damnloud
Storm's powers work faster than Magneto's

Not having expert control over water = NO control over water?????

She makes it rain in an instant, doesn't she??? That's tremendous psionic control over water. Think of the ramifications for making a rain storm.

Can Namor make it rain???

Her winds are strong enough to "brace" thousands of tons, not lift them??? What a difference roll eyes (sarcastic)

Does Namor weigh thousands of tons??? Nope, not even a fraction of that. He'd probably be moved by her weakest winds.

Storm can do whatever she wants with the winds on earth.

Soljer
Storm's powers work faster than Magneto's

Fraid not, fanboy.

xmarksthespot
Lorna Dane. A poor man's Magneto.
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9361/theuncannyxmen443241pf0.th.jpg
She beats Storm too.

What If...
You can brace a safe.

You can't lift it above your head.
that's the difference, kid.

edit: Do you have the scan where she beats Storm? I want to see how it went down.

xmarksthespot
He'd probably be moved by her weakest winds. So basically... you know jack-shit about Namor...Originally posted by What If...
edit: Do you have the scan where she beats Storm? I want to see how it went down. Clarifying: She would beat Storm too. As easily as Magneto would. I don't recall if they've fought.

Rutog98
She did not brace the building, she lifted it in the air. Torch lured Storm to the parking lot beneath the skyscraper and destroyed the support for the entire building so that it would fall on Storm. The issue stated blatantly that he burned the support for the entire building. That means there was nothing holding it up so Storm had to summon winds in that split second before the building fell on her capable of lifting/supporting the building. Try again.

Here is the scan to the mountain thing.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/...uredome14ac.jpg

As you can see, it was no iceberg. It was made up of rock. It was merely coated with ice as many mountains are.

As for Storm breaking Magneto's force-field, it happened in Uncanny 150. He had his force-field up, she summoned her winds, and knocked it down.

Oh, and Storm clobbers Polaris. This is silly. They fought early when Storm first joined the team and Lorna was under the control of Eric the Red. When Polaris can do things like alter the eco-system across and hemisphere, then you can talk Storm vs. Polaris. Otherwise, don't bring it up. Storm can draw upon far more energy than either Polaris or Magneto (when he is not aided by outside enhancements). A fight between Storm and either one of these two would come down to who can utilize most of the Earth's resources. The answer is easily Storm. Neither character has ever moved that much energy as Ororo.

King_Mungi
I don't recall if they've fought.

They did, Storm actually won.

xmarksthespot
She did not brace the building, she lifted it in the air. Torch lured Storm to the parking lot beneath the skyscraper and destroyed the support for the entire building so that it would fall on Storm. The issue stated blatantly that he burned the support for the entire building. That means there was nothing holding it up so Storm had to summon winds in that split second before the building fell on her capable of lifting/supporting the building. Try again.

Here is the scan to the mountain thing.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/...uredome14ac.jpg

As you can see, it was no iceberg. It was made up of rock. It was merely coated with ice as many mountains are.

As for Storm breaking Magneto's force-field, it happened in Uncanny 150. He had his force-field up, she summoned her winds, and knocked it down.

Oh, and Storm clobbers Polaris. This is silly. They fought early when Storm first joined the team and Lorna was under the control of Eric the Red. When Polaris can do things like alter the eco-system across and hemisphere, then you can talk Storm vs. Polaris. Otherwise, don't bring it up. Storm can draw upon far more energy than either Polaris or Magneto (when he is not aided by outside enhancements). A fight between Storm and either one of these two would come down to who can utilize most of the Earth's resources. The answer is easily Storm. Neither character has ever moved that much energy as Ororo. This is the Daily Bugle building:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/Deadpool/Building/Building_02.jpg
Spider-Man is not lifting it.
HT knocked out load bearing structures, she offered structural support. She did not lift it.

Image does not exist. I've seen it anyway.
This is the environment of Fitzroy's base:
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/9343/13iv7.th.jpg
Maybe not an iceberg, but hardly a mountain.

Seen UXM 150 too. Only you believe she can breach his forcefield. No one else. And let's face it we both know you're a giant raging screaming fanboy.

Hooray a decades old fight.
This is Polaris as she is now (or was before HoM, after which her powers are supposed to have been upgraded):
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/3577/19lg5.th.jpghttp://img226.imageshack.us/img226/3058/20qz3.th.jpghttp://img226.imageshack.us/img226/2162/21yd2.th.jpghttp://img226.imageshack.us/img226/9369/22ss9.th.jpg
She can lift skyscrapers.

Power output? Blood enema. Polaris kills Storm. Just as Namor kills Storm.

Rutog98
Originally posted by batdude123
Without question considering:

A) He's created storms that are beyond her weather manipulating abilities:

http://img484.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenv208607rougherqb1.jpg

and

B) He thinks and reacts 1450% faster than normal humans do:

http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenunlimted0023839mw8.jpg

This is a very silly joke, right? It worked. I'm laughing! In that issue where he "created a storm beyond her power," his powers were augmented by a machine and the storm they were referring to was an electromagnetic energy. Storm controls the energies in the EM spectrum as we see later in this same arc where she is controlling those energies in his tower.

For those saying that Storm did not smash Magneto's force-field in Uncanny 150, can you please scan and post the panels starting where Storm blasted through the roof and assaulted him with lightning to where Magneto hit her with Colossus and show me in which panel did it show that Magneto took his force-field down? This is silly and desperate on your side's part. LOL!

Rutog98
It was a mountain. What else would you call that kind of land structure?

Please don't post the Spiderman thing. It has no bearing here. Post the Storm thing. Those winds lifted the building in the air! Storm was flying in the air beneath the building which means the building was lifted. Also, the issue stated that HT destroyed the support of the entire building. Your Spiderman thing did not prove anything here. Its not relevant. The issue stated very cleary that her winds supported that building (which means it can sustain that weight) and that her winds are also strong enough to level mountains.

xmarksthespot
It was a mountain. What else would you call that kind of land structure? I'd call it an iceberg. Like Forge does. http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/738/icebergmv6.th.jpg
Please don't post the Spiderman thing. It has no bearing here. Post the Storm thing. Those winds lifted the building in the air! Storm was flying in the air beneath the building which means the building was lifted. Also, the issue stated that HT destroyed the support of the entire building. Your Spiderman thing did not prove anything here. Its not relevant. The issue stated very cleary that her winds supported that building (which means it can sustain that weight) and that her winds are also strong enough to level mountains. Sure she did and sure she can, but only in your mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.