Bill Nighy interview last weekend

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

a-k-a-amber
During the New York premiere of his new film "Notes on a Scandal" we got a chance to speak to Billy Nighy in which he spoke about his character Davy Jones, the squid-faced Captain of the Flying Dutchman in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Here is what he told us.

Now you are in the third installment of Pirates?

Nighy: I am. I am at liberty to tell you that. I am the squid, the squid is back. He's in very bad shape, this time he's angry. So I am there in a big way and nutty, mad stuff happens to Johnny and Orlando and Kiera and myself and it's wild. If you thought the last one was nuts, the new one is even freakier.

Did you have to go back to film recently?

Nighy: Yeah. We actually shot quite a lot, they've only just wrapped. The official wrap party was last Friday.

Now that you've seen the effects, did you have any input or requests for your tentacles this time around?

Nighy: No, I left it in the hands of the guys who did it in the first place. They were so brilliant. I had no idea that it was even technologically available. I didn't know that it was possible to inform a creature with a performance to that degree. They always told me they were going to do it, they're very nice guys, they did it beautifully. I was very moved when I first saw it. All the silly stuff we did on set survived and was translated technologically on the screen.

So might we be seeing a softer side of your character this time around?

Nighy: (Pauses, smiling) It's possible. Yeah

OMG!! im going nuts!this is just .... alls i can say is im going to be bored after this comes out b/c i'll have nothing to obsess over

PirateDiva
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
During the New York premiere of his new film "Notes on a Scandal" we got a chance to speak to Billy Nighy in which he spoke about his character Davy Jones, the squid-faced Captain of the Flying Dutchman in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Here is what he told us.

Now you are in the third installment of Pirates?

Nighy: I am. I am at liberty to tell you that. I am the squid, the squid is back. He's in very bad shape, this time he's angry. So I am there in a big way and nutty, mad stuff happens to Johnny and Orlando and Kiera and myself and it's wild. If you thought the last one was nuts, the new one is even freakier.

Did you have to go back to film recently?

Nighy: Yeah. We actually shot quite a lot, they've only just wrapped. The official wrap party was last Friday.

Now that you've seen the effects, did you have any input or requests for your tentacles this time around?

Nighy: No, I left it in the hands of the guys who did it in the first place. They were so brilliant. I had no idea that it was even technologically available. I didn't know that it was possible to inform a creature with a performance to that degree. They always told me they were going to do it, they're very nice guys, they did it beautifully. I was very moved when I first saw it. All the silly stuff we did on set survived and was translated technologically on the screen.

So might we be seeing a softer side of your character this time around?

Nighy: (Pauses, smiling) It's possible. Yeah

OMG!! im going nuts!this is just .... alls i can say is im going to be bored after this comes out b/c i'll have nothing to obsess over

Awwwww a softer side to Davey....hmmmmmm!

johnnyforever
eek! i know! and i always told you guys Davy was a good person deep down inside stick out tongue

a-k-a-amber
davy is my second fave bad guy

johnnyforever
davy is my second fave bad guy who's the worst bad guy? Barbossa?

PirateDiva
Love Barbossa and Davey....dont know how much im gonna like Sao Feng though!!?

willofthewisp
I think Beckett's my least favorite. Don't forget he said he was going to make life very difficult for Jack, Will, and Liz, so he may not be as soft as one might assume.

a-k-a-amber
Originally posted by johnnyforever
who's the worst bad guy? Barbossa? yes Barbosa is my fave ! he rocks! I just love his charactor so much

johnnyforever
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Love Barbossa and Davey....dont know how much im gonna like Sao Feng though!!? I think Sao will do good yes

Originally posted by willofthewisp
I think Beckett's my least favorite. Don't forget he said he was going to make life very difficult for Jack, Will, and Liz, so he may not be as soft as one might assume. Yeah! mad

yes Barbosa is my fave ! he rocks! I just love his charactor so much laughing out loud yeah he's funny

sparrobethroxmy
wow that some interesting stuff! Barbossa and Davy rock now we finally get a double duo OOOH!!! lol I can't wait

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.