sooo Nervous!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MarchOfTheSeven
I'm auditioning for a spot in Juilliard on January 27th, 2008. I have a year to prepare 4 monologues. Two classical (one Shakespeare) and two contemporary, after the time of Anton Chekhov.

I'm not expecting acceptance, because they only take 18 people from however many apply, sometimes as high as 2000.

I'm also auditioning for the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, in February of that year.

aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

But, anyway, wish me luck.

Syren
Have confidence though, even if your expectations aren't all that high.

Good luck big grin

JacopeX
you arent nervous, it will come when the day comes and then you should be very nervous. When I play in a stadium full of people, Im am very very nervous. I know how you feel.

Syren
Jacope, bad advice. Wish him luck stick out tongue

Spearhead
Hey, don't go in thinking you won't get it done, otherwise you live up to...or in this case, down to your expectations.

Rather, strive to excel, and get things done! big grin g'luck

Syren
I just noticed he said it's in 2008, plenty of time to make sure everything's perfect smile

JacopeX
Originally posted by Syren
Jacope, bad advice. Wish him luck stick out tongue Im just giving advice on why he should not be nervous.

Good luck though!

johnnyforever
Good luck happy

MarchOfTheSeven
thanks guys. I have a year to prepare 4 monologues, all which have to be 2 minutes at the very least. I also have to sing 16 bars. So that means I have to take singing lessons this year on top of my acting class. Because when I sing, I kill people. literally.

so here's my time block for the next year: school, manager at mcdonald's (at least 35 hours a week), 4 hours of acting class, and 6 hours of singing lessons.

party

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by MarchOfTheSeven
I'm auditioning for a spot in Juilliard on January 27th, 2008. I have a year to prepare 4 monologues. Two classical (one Shakespeare) and two contemporary, after the time of Anton Chekhov.

I'm not expecting acceptance, because they only take 18 people from however many apply, sometimes as high as 2000.

I'm also auditioning for the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, in February of that year.

aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

But, anyway, wish me luck.

wow. Best of luck with that. I hope you get in. That would be amazing and something to be really proud of.

Ultraman Baltan
Good luck, buddy. Just relax and study.

Leo.M
Good luck big grin

MarchOfTheSeven
any ideas? I was thinking of doing a monologue from Uncle Vanya for one of my contemporary pieces, and the Puck monologue from A Midsummer Night's Dream for the Shakespeare monologue

Syren
The Puck monologue is a great idea yes

When in that moment (so it came to pass)
Titania waked, and straightway loved an ass.

laughing out loud

drewbiefan
Great of luck to you! I absolutely love acting! And performing, it is my life!
But believe me i was so nervous in performing in front of an audience the other day and it really isnt as embrassing as you think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.