Everything VS Nothing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
1) Which is larger?

2) Which is actually complete ?

3) Does one only exist without the other ?

Noob_Krueger
Well, since we have =NOTING=, we'd be dead because...

1) we have no heart
2) no lungs
3) no organs...
4) yeah...

btw I'm not answering those questions above...

P.S.S NOW I'm answering..

1) Everything
2) Everything
3) Have no idea...

lil bitchiness
Why is Eveything vs Nothing?

Eveything and nothing are two exactly the same concepts/ideas, but on a two different spectums, ie two extremes.

Thus, one cannot be bigger or better than the other.

Jack Daniels
umm anything is better than nothing and i would think that anything would be bigger than nothing and if anything beats nothing then you know everything definatly takes the cake? Im confusing myself...dmn urizen I couldnt get past #1...lol

Atlantis001

Mindship
Everything AND Nothing: complementarities of the Infinite Whole. punk

quickshot
1)Nothing as everything has a finite space nothing has an infinite space
2)Everything
3)No as long as you have things as something without anything is nothing and something that has all the things has everything

Atlantis001

Lord Urizen
But what if everything is limitted ?

Let's say the Universe for example..let's say that was everything, the only substance that existed...but it did not stretch out into infinity, instead it had a ring of limits....and then beyond that was just a void of endless nothing.....

Adam_PoE
Everything.

Everything.

No.

FeceMan
Everything and nothing...they are like light...in an abundance of color there is white and when there is no color there is black...

Black and white...when there is an absence of everything, there is nothing; when there is an absence of nothing, there is everything...how can we possibly even begin to understand these things? What is the absence of everything, aside from nothing--what is it definitively? What is the absence of nothing, aside from everything--what is it definitively? How can we even begin to wrap our minds around these things?

But, to answer your questions...

Everything, both (in a way), and no.

Jack Daniels
I need a drink drunk confused

Lord Urizen
But what if everything was limitted ? What if everything was not infinite, and ended somewhere ?

The remainder would be infinite nothingness...in that case, nothing would be far larger

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
But what if everything was limitted ? What if everything was not infinite, and ended somewhere ?

Then it would cease to be an aggregate composed of every thing.

The remainder would be infinite nothingness...in that case, nothing would be far larger

By nature of being a state of non-exstence, nothing is not quantifiable.

debbiejo
How can something really be "Nothing" when it's filled with everything.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by debbiejo
How can something really be "Nothing" when it's filled with everything.

It cannot. In this instance, the thing you are describing is a something, not a nothing.

quickshot
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
I need a drink drunk confused

I agree

Quiero Mota
1) Which is larger?

2) Which is actually complete ?

3) Does one only exist without the other ?

1) Nothing

2) Nothing

3) Sure

Lord Urizen
Yes Quiero !

We now have an opposing opinion !

lil bitchiness
I don't understand how ''everything'' can possibly be larger than ''nothing'', or more complete.
Or vice versa.

We cannot truly witness everything in its entirety, nor can we witness nothing in its entirety.

Since we don't have concept of everything that exists, we cannot claim to know what ''everything'' is or what it consits of. Equaly, we cannot claim ''nothing's'' shortcomings or otherwise, since concept of ''nothing'' would mean absence of all those, which again, we cannot bare witness to.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I don't understand how ''everything'' can possibly be larger than ''nothing'', or more complete.
Or vice versa.

We cannot truly witness everything in its entirety, nor can we witness nothing in its entirety.

Since we don't have concept of everything that exists, we cannot claim to know what ''everything'' is or what it consits of. Equaly, we cannot claim ''nothing's'' shortcomings or otherwise, since concept of ''nothing'' would mean absence of all those, which again, we cannot bare witness to.

You can't truly know God either, but we argue all the time about that concept, don't we ? erm

debbiejo
I don't believe you can really have a nothing. Nothing is just our concept that may be false. Everything could be all there is anyway.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by debbiejo
I don't believe you can really have a nothing. Nothing is just our concept that may be false. Everything could be all there is anyway.

Do you consider empty space to be "something" ?

lil bitchiness
You can't truly know God either, but we argue all the time about that concept, don't we ? erm

Why can't I know God? Since I do not know what it is, I don't know it at the moment, but someone in the future might.

Everything would ultimately mean all that is in existence, which majority of that we don't know (considering we are so tiny and insignificant in the Universe). Nothing, would therefore be an absence of all that exists.

One cannot be bigger or better than the other, and we cannot claim that since we do not know what everything ultimately consits of, to claim that absence of it is ultimately inferior.

Furthermore, much like hot and cold, one cannot be ultimately better than the other one...since they are both exactly the same phenomenon, on different spectrum.

Thus, ''better'' is matter of opinion, more than anything else.

Lord Urizen
Why can't I know God? Since I do not know what it is, I don't know it at the moment, but someone in the future might.

Maybe in the future people will truly know what Everything and Nothing is...what exactly is your point ?

Everything would ultimately mean all that is in existence, which majority of that we don't know (considering we are so tiny and insignificant in the Universe). Nothing, would therefore be an absence of all that exists.

Right....which do you imagine is greater ?

One cannot be bigger or better than the other, and we cannot claim that since we do not know what everything ultimately consits of, to claim that absence of it is ultimately inferior.

Why can't one be greater than the other ? If the Big Bang theory is correct, then this universe has a definate boundary, making "everything" limitted, while the void that continues on forever would be infinite, making nothing greater than everything...

That's one out of millions of possibilities....

Furthermore, much like hot and cold, one cannot be ultimately better than the other one...since they are both exactly the same phenomenon, on different spectrum.

How are you comparing everything and nothing to hot and cold, when you earlier argued that we could not truly understand those concepts?

Likewise, how do you know everything and nothing is a spectrum of any sort ? Everything and Nothing, by definition, are polar opposites. You can't have semi-existance. Things either exist, or they don't.

Thus, ''better'' is matter of opinion, more than anything else.

When did I ever bring up the term "better" ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.