FFS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Strangelove
Okay. Let's talk about this.

Recently, both Starhawk and Ultraman Baltan were banned. Whether this is a permanent ban or not, I am unaware. But this whole situation should get us talking about how we present ourselves here on KMC.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I am not neutral in this situation. Both of them annoyed the living daylights out of me. However, I believe that I handled my problems with them a lot more civilly than others on this forum.

This is a forum on the Internet. We do not know each other personally. And because of that, we feel no need to restrain ourselves in arguments, because we do not know them well enough to decide how far is 'too far.'

What I'm trying to say is that we should restrict our problems with other members to this forum. Meaning that personal life issues such as one's relationship to their mother or family, or what they do outside of KMC should not be brought into internet arguments. It can get unnecessarily nasty.

Older, respected members on this forum (Raven, Vinny, KoK or myself) should not be posting threads with the intent to bash another member, however distasteful he may be. We should know better.

Just be civil, m'kay? doped

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Strangelove
Okay. Let's talk about this.

Recently, both Starhawk and Ultraman Baltan were banned. Whether this is a permanent ban or not, I am unaware. But this whole situation should get us talking about how we present ourselves here on KMC.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I am not neutral in this situation. Both of them annoyed the living daylights out of me. However, I believe that I handled my problems with them a lot more civilly than others on this forum.

This is a forum on the Internet. We do not know each other personally. And because of that, we feel no need to restrain ourselves in arguments, because we do not know them well enough to decide how far is 'too far.'

What I'm trying to say is that we should restrict our problems with other members to this forum. Meaning that personal life issues such as one's relationship to their mother or family, or what they do outside of KMC should not be brought into internet arguments. It can get unnecessarily nasty.

Older, respected members on this forum (Raven, Vinny, KoK or myself) should not be posting threads with the intent to bash another member, however distasteful he may be. We should know better.

Just be civil, m'kay? doped

I really can't ever see me getting banned. I do understand that every now and then people get a little heated at one another but, seriously.erm

Leo.M
Didn't KOK just make a thread like this? ermm

srug

Strangelove
Originally posted by LethalFemme
I really can't ever see me getting banned. I do understand that every now and then people get a little heated at one another but, seriously.erm laughing out loud

I'm not saying that we might get banned (although if it's bad enough, we just might ermm). I'm just saying we should be a bit more civil in our argument

Strangelove
Originally posted by Leo.M

srug did he? confused

Well, I'm older and wiser than him mhm

JaehSkywalker
er. okay.

Mišt
Whether this is a permanent ban or not, I am unaware.

Check their profile31

BakaXero
I usually avoid confrontations unless i really feel someone is a dickhead then i tell them off and put them on my ignore list then clear out my ignore list a few months later happy

Leo.M
did he? confused

Well, I'm older and wiser than him mhm

He did. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/434585_1-everyone-needs-to-chill-the-out

I'll give you that stick out tongue

LethalFemme

srug

You noticed too.laughing out loud

laughing out loud

I'm not saying that we might get banned (although if it's bad enough, we just might ermm). I'm just saying we should be a bit more civil in our argument

Yeah true. Its more so a test of their restraint and maturity.

>>LERTOR<<
there is no neeed for it no

Syren
KoK should have been banned as well, simple as that. Starhawk was an antagonistic moron but I've been speaking to Ultraman via PM and he did explain a few things. He's a genuine guy, he may come across as a little arrogant and did have a tendency to be abusive at times but I have to point out that his insults were only directed towards those who had pissed him off. Yes, he should have restrained himself, but why aren't those who provoked him banned as well?

I don't agree with the fact that only Ultraman was banned. I think there were more involved and they should have received the same. I'm betting the others got off with a warning and to be quite honest, warnings mean jack shit.

BakaXero
Where is the love?

Syren
love

JaehSkywalker
in my pocket.

BakaXero
Originally posted by Syren
love
hmm... I might try that line in the real world

Strangelove
KoK should have been banned as well, simple as that. Starhawk was an antagonistic moron but I've been speaking to Ultraman via PM and he did explain a few things. He's a genuine guy, he may come across as a little arrogant and did have a tendency to be abusive at times but I have to point out that his insults were only directed towards those who had pissed him off. Yes, he should have restrained himself, but why aren't those who provoked him banned as well?

I don't agree with the fact that only Ultraman was banned. I think there were more involved and they should have received the same. I'm betting the others got off with a warning and to be quite honest, warnings mean jack shit. Yeah, when I'm talking about civility, I'm mostly pointing a big finger at KoK. He was participating in the bashing and flaming just as much as UB, and I would support of a temp. ban, depending on what happened to UB himself

Strangelove

LethalFemme

I don't agree with the fact that only Ultraman was banned. I think there were more involved and they should have received the same. I'm betting the others got off with a warning and to be quite honest, warnings mean jack shit.

We should ban people at random on Fridays.yes

Strangelove
We should ban people at random on Fridays.yes Life is like a box of chocolates stick out tongue

Shelbert Lemon
how are we supposed to be able to tell how long the ban is from their profiles? scroll all the way to the bottom ... it tells you who banned them, what reason and for how long.

LethalFemme
Life is like a box of chocolates stick out tongue

We should start with the GDF.stick out tongue

Strangelove
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
scroll all the way to the bottom ... it tells you who banned them, what reason and for how long. blink never knew that....

Bardock42
Ultraman's banned for 2 days for member bashing.

Starhawk is also banned for 2 days for continually harassing Vinny Valentine, despite previous warnings.

Both banned by Storm.

I love KMC.

Shelbert Lemon
blink never knew that.... not been like that terribly long... think it may have started sometime this year... either way... think its kinda cool myself... when I seen that Starhawk was banned, I checked his profile... Storm banned him for 2 days for harrasing Vinny. If I remember correctly.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Bardock42
Ultraman's banned for 2 days for member bashing.

Starhawk is also banned for 2 days for continually harassing Vinny Valentine, despite previous warnings.

Both banned by Storm.

I love KMC. hehe, good stuff

Strangelove
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
not been like that terribly long... think it may have started sometime this year... either way... think its kinda cool myself... when I seen that Starhawk was banned, I checked his profile... Storm banned him for 2 days for harrasing Vinny. If I remember correctly. yes just looked

Bardock42
We should start with the GDF.stick out tongue

Shelbert Lemon
yes just looked We learn something new daily. happy

LethalFemme

You'd be spared.glomp

Bardock42
You'd be spared.glomp

Nice 'n' sexy *****!

Mišt
Life is like a box of chocolates stick out tongue

How big a box? What kind of chocolate? How much did the box cost? Can I have some chocolate?

LethalFemme
Nice 'n' sexy *****!

Hot "n" steamy German.

Bardock42
Hot "n" steamy German.

Interesting.

BTW for some reason the notes in the Profiles don't always work or go away, for example my ban notes are fare-thee-well...yeah, went down the gran' ol' Mississippi...kinda like Jeff Buckley. Great, I made myself sad. Stupid German, stupid.

Kongu Dude

srug

LethalFemme
Interesting.

BTW for some reason the notes in the Profiles don't always work or go away, for example my ban notes are fare-thee-well...yeah, went down the gran' ol' Mississippi...kinda like Jeff Buckley. Great, I made myself sad. Stupid German, stupid.

Its all I could think of.

You don't say?

Mišt
Stupid German, stupid.

There was no need for calling yourself stupid, the German part was bad enoughpetpet

Bardock42

Strangelove

Kongu Dude
No already addressed and dismissed doped
I see. doped

Mišt

Strangelove

Kongu Dude
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.