TIME Magazine's Person of the Year: Me!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Strangelove
Not really...it's EVERYONE!

http://www.time.com/time/personoftheyear/

http://images.scotsman.com/2006/12/17/2006-12-17T134758Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_OUKIN-UK-TIME.jpg

Alliance
YOU ARE OH SO LATE TO THE PARTY!

PVS
besides, it doesnt say "everyone".
it clearly states that i am person of the year.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by PVS
besides, it doesnt say "everyone".
it clearly states that i am person of the year.

Shush you. It is clearly referring to me.

PVS
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Shush you. It is clearly referring to me.

hmmm quite a dilemma....ok, i got it.
we'll just have a baby and that will be person of the year

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by PVS
hmmm quite a dilemma....ok, i got it.
we'll just have a baby and that will be person of the year

I think I concur.

Move over Shiloh, lil PVS in da haus!

Naz
I win.

Alliance
Thats a FAKE!

Naz
shock 'tis not!

PVS
sorry, i had to do it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/orly_time.jpg

botankus
What about people that don't have Ipods, notebooks, or blackberries?

Do they still win the award based on the criteria specified by this Information Age?

Alliance
Originally posted by PVS
sorry, i had to do it

It should fade in and out to the "you"

Originally posted by botankus
What about people that don't have Ipods, notebooks, or blackberries? Do they still win the award based on the criteria specified by this Information Age?

Youtube? Facebook? Myspace?

PVS
pffft....fine
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/orly.gif

Strangelove
What about people that don't have Ipods, notebooks, or blackberries?

Do they still win the award based on the criteria specified by this Information Age? Originally posted by Alliance
Youtube? Facebook? Myspace? yeah, it really didn't have anything to do with blackberrys or iPods....it was about the internet revolution

botankus
I meant people who don't walk around with Slingboxes or computerized digibytes up their asses and own one TV with 3 channels. That's a huge amount of people, BTW. The majority of the people I know don't have Ipods or walk around with notebooks crammed underneath their armpits.

PVS
I meant people who don't walk around with Slingboxes or computerized digibytes up their asses and own one TV with 3 channels. That's a huge amount of people. The majority of the people I know don't have Ipods or walking around with notebooks so they can type 1 word at a traffic light.

they probably also dont read time magazine.

botankus
On behalf of all the millions who pass by a newstand and see the cover declaring that they have won the award, while at the same time they're saving up to by their first solar calculator, Time should be sued for making a false assumption and causing mental anguish.

Strangelove
On behalf of all the millions who pass by a newstand and see the cover declaring that they have won the award, while at the same time they're saving up to by their first solar calculator, Time should be sued for making a false assumption and causing mental anguish. frivolous lawsuits are destroying the country piece by 'compensatory damage bullshit' piece. smile

PVS
On behalf of all the millions who pass by a newstand and see the cover declaring that they have won the award, while at the same time they're saving up to by their first solar calculator, Time should be sued for assumption.

they address their target audience: the customer: people who buy the magazine

although they are making a blind assumption that everyone who buys time magazine is on the internet, im sure if such a superficial survey were to be conducted, the highest percentage of them would both read time magazine and have internet access.

botankus
My parents can't program a VCR but read magazines such as this. And my wife's parents are up to date on world affairs yet have no idea what the hell streaming video is. I'll be sure to call them and tell them to clear a space on the mantle for this award coming their way.

Originally posted by Strangelove
frivolous lawsuits are destroying the country piece by 'compensatory damage bullshit' piece. smile
Oh, I agree. I'm just exaggerating to try to prove my ridiculous point. I tend to do that alot.

PVS
My parents can't program a VCR but read magazines such as this. And my wife's parents are up to date on world affairs yet have no idea what the hell streaming video is. I'll be sure to call them and tell them to clear a space on the mantle for this award coming their way.

they never used ebay? bought anything on amazon?

and if you really want to get technical about it, they access networked computers every time they make a credit/debit card transaction.

i win

botankus
They're vegetables who sit in a corner all day and drool, yet they could tell you the War in Iraq strategy to the finite degree.

* waiting to see if "Create your own joke" bait gets taken *

Strangelove
Oh, I agree. I'm just exaggerating to try to prove my ridiculous point. I tend to do that alot. Oh....

well nevermind then lookaround

PVS
*drooling/slurping* "sfffffftay the couuurrrrrsssssssffffffff"

Lord Urizen
You guys are SO deluded....It's OBVIOUSLY ME droolio

BackFire
Time's stupid.

Strangelove
Originally posted by BackFire
Time's stupid. Generally, yes. I read Newsweek. euro

Dr. Strangelove
The Daily Show's bit on it was classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7p7FS88Z18

That interview was cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssetastic!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.