Movie Sites?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Coolhalvo
Hello All,

I was checking out various movie sites (I mean official sites for a single movie), and I have to say that some of the most elaborate web designs exist on these sites. My question is what's the appeal? Why exactly do people visit these sites? Are these elaborate designs just for credibility or is that what brings people in? There are so many questions that can be raised. I guess I started thinking about this because I went to and independent movie site, then a mainstream movie site and tried to think about differences and appeals and whatnot (see the example below). Please respond by either: listing a site and why you like/dislike it or just sharing your thoughts.

My example:

Indie Movie: Elvis and Anabelle (www.elvisandanabelle.com)
-vs-
Mainstream: Pursuit of Happyness (www.sonypictures.com/movies/thepursuitofhappyness/)

Robtard
My thoughts... This should be in the "Movie Forums".

botankus
Originally posted by Coolhalvo
Hello All,

I was checking out various movie sites (I mean official sites for a single movie), and I have to say that some of the most elaborate web designs exist on these sites. My question is what's the appeal? Why exactly do people visit these sites? Are these elaborate designs just for credibility or is that what brings people in? There are so many questions that can be raised. I guess I started thinking about this because I went to and independent movie site, then a mainstream movie site and tried to think about differences and appeals and whatnot (see the example below). Please respond by either: listing a site and why you like/dislike it or just sharing your thoughts.

My example:

Indie Movie: Elvis and Anabelle (www.elvisandanabelle.com)
-vs-
Mainstream: Pursuit of Happyness (www.sonypictures.com/movies/thepursuitofhappyness/)

Obviously my idea about minimum 100 posts before starting a new thread and minimum 1,000,000 posts before listing a spamified link hasn't taken off yet.

Storm
It' s not spam.

phoebz965
IT doesn't sound like spam to me. I checked out the Elvis website and thought it looked pretty good. What's nice about the smaller sites is that they aren't overly complex to navigate; you don't have to wait for fancy images to transition you to the next chapter. But on the other hand, the images and media content is usually much more advanced in quality on a site like Pursuit of Happyness. You can tell between these two where the big money is. I am an Indie film buff though, and I really liked the trailer for Elvis and Anabelle. You guys should check it out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.