Can you forgive anything no matter what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eclipso
A friend of mine pulled a prank yesterday, He did a Youtube video where he claimed to have been injured in an accident and made up a cast and fake blood to make it look real.

I contacted him on MSN to ask him if he was alright and he still pretened to be hurt.

I was freaking out with concern.

A day later he makes a youtube vid saying it was all a joke and laughing about it.

I tried to tell him how mad I was and how it made me feel and he didn't think he did anything wrong and still doesn't but he did apologize for me getting upset even though according to him, he doesn't think I should've.

He has asked for forgiveness and I know I should, but part of me is so full of rage I just can't bring myself to do it.

So my question is, Where is the line of forgiveness? When is it to far? And if I forgive him, Am I condoning what he did?

Lord Urizen
AS long as you feel you can forgive, then you should do so...

Bardock42
I personally don't think I can forgive everything (meaning anything that could happen) but I think on a whole there is a possibilitie that anything could be forgiven (everything that could happen).

As for the joke, I'd forgive that probably.

Atlantis001
It it should be forgiven, if the mistake in the deed was really recognized by the person who did it then it can be forgiven.

Lord Urizen
cry Forgive him

Eclipso
It's just so hard,

Okay what would be the line for you guys? How far would someone have to go before you couldn't forgive them?

quickshot
I'd just forgive him or of course you could get him back

The line for me is pretending to be dead for more than a week or killing/raping someone i couldn't forgive someone for that

Jack Daniels
forgive but never forget...that way you learn........and dont get fu@&ed over again.....

Storm
It' s not always easy to forgive. But without forgiving, you will not be able to move past the anger the other person' s wrong has produced in you. Forgiving the actions of others helps to remove damaging anger and rage from within you. Forgiveness is more about releasing those harmful energies that are overshadowing your personal health and wellbeing, than letting someone else off the hook for his or her misdeeds. Forgive for your future happiness, not for theirs.

Jack Daniels
If you arent willing to forgive then whats makes you think you should be forgiven for your misdeeds.....let he who has not sinned cast the first stone or something like that...some wise man said thatsmile

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eclipso
It's just so hard,

Okay what would be the line for you guys? How far would someone have to go before you couldn't forgive them?

Rape my sister.

debbiejo
You must try to or it will eat you alive...

Eclipso
I am now trying to work things out. I think some on the OTF could stand to look at this thread.

Eclipso
You guys were right, and I'm ashamed of myself that it took me this long to realize it.

Friendships in this world are few and far between and to precious to let something like this ruin them.

Thank you guys. I owe you one.

Symmetric Chaos
The preacher at my church summed this one up pretty well.

"Forgive but never forget"

You should be able to forgive anything but never forget wrongs commited against you so that they cannot be repeated.

You have moral responsibility to forgive your friend but try not to let him do such a thing again. You need to make him aware of the feelings you had during and after his prank.

Lord Urizen
"If to Forgive was Divine, there would be No Hell"

Symmetric Chaos
who said forgiveness was divine?
who said there was a hell?

debbiejo
It is hard to forgive when someone does things to another that are out of hate, spitefulness, or revenge that is not warranted, but it is not impossible. One has to see where that person is coming from, that they are only acting on primitive emotions.

In this case you just encase them in a bubble and let them destroy themselves.....

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Eclipso
A friend of mine pulled a prank yesterday, He did a Youtube video where he claimed to have been injured in an accident and made up a cast and fake blood to make it look real.

I contacted him on MSN to ask him if he was alright and he still pretened to be hurt.

I was freaking out with concern.

A day later he makes a youtube vid saying it was all a joke and laughing about it.

I tried to tell him how mad I was and how it made me feel and he didn't think he did anything wrong and still doesn't but he did apologize for me getting upset even though according to him, he doesn't think I should've.

He has asked for forgiveness and I know I should, but part of me is so full of rage I just can't bring myself to do it.

So my question is, Where is the line of forgiveness? When is it to far? And if I forgive him, Am I condoning what he did?

I had an exfriend of mine do something similair to me like that once.I was going to forgive him because he convinced me he was really sorry for what he did but then later on,EVERYTIME he pretended to apologize for it,he would insult me about something else that made me feel really bad so I just stopped being friends with him.Not because of his actions that were similair to what your friend did,but because of how everytime he acted like he was apologizing, he would insult me over a particular thing that made me feel really bad.that being said,in YOUR case,if he is really sorry for what he did and he has promised he will never do that again,then I think you should let bygones be bygones and forgive him and forget the whole thing but make sure and make it clear to him to never do that again.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by quickshot
I'd just forgive him or of course you could get him back

The line for me is pretending to be dead for more than a week or killing/raping someone i couldn't forgive someone for that

yeah if he did something like THAT,then yeah thats the line that I would have to draw as well and not be able to forgive him for it,but in this case,as long as he is sorry for what he did and has apologized,then like i said,as long as he has promised to never do it again,then its best to forgive him for his actions.If he is a close friend of yours,friendship like that is too valuable to throw away. as long as he doesnt do something like what quickshot said here,then yeah in this case,its best to forgive him.

~Forever*Alone~
i never forgive, and never will.

Ambience
Make him feel SOME shame out of it.
But don't get to worked about over it. He didn't mean to anger you.
You just took the joke the wrong way.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
i never forgive, and never will.

You are cold man. smile

~Forever*Alone~
you dont know what ive been through.

and yes i am very very cold, people have told me this before.

Symmetric Chaos
I've been called cold too

Pyschologists have also told me that I have a psychological disorder that makes it nearly impossible for me to feel empathy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.