opinion about other religions celebration day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

himawari
i'm doing research here. so i need your opinion about other religions celebration day. how do you accept it? or you cant accept it? whats your opinion about it? please send me ur responds about this.n please tell me your religion.

=) i really appreciate it
rolling on floor laughing

Alliance
You should never do reseach on a forum.

debbiejo
Why?? I find that some people can be less inhibited really.

I don't have a religion btw. I have some beliefs though.

Bardock42
Originally posted by himawari
i'm doing research here. so i need your opinion about other religions celebration day. how do you accept it? or you cant accept it? whats your opinion about it? please send me ur responds about this.n please tell me your religion.

=) i really appreciate it
rolling on floor laughing

I don't know what you are aiming at. Elaborate, please.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
...I don't have a religion btw. I have some beliefs though.

OMG Understatement. eek!

Storm

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
OMG Understatement. eek!

OK just for the thread starter.............I believe, ok, seriously now........uhmmm I believe......... laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Ok, I believe we are learning new things all the time that would go outside the realm of science as we know it today that may go hand and hand with some more spiritual beliefs.......not religious beliefs, but something bigger.

*Looks at stake, fire, and people coming for me*
crybaby

fini
ooo, being in a multiethnic and multicultural society, I take part in many celebrations, and i do honour them and give them their due respect( well except for a couple).

Being hindu, I celebrate many hindu holidays( not all though..... wayy too many to celebrate all, lol), mainly Divali, Holi, Raksha Bandhan, Ramleela, Ram Nawmi, .....and some day Karwa Chauth( when I'm married)

Islam: Eid-ul-Fitr is celebrated here and it is tradition for many people to go to a muslim family that they are friends with to have lunch( at least). My bf and I went to a friend of his for lunch this year, and one of my best friends( who is muslim) dropped some sweets by me too. During the month of Ramadhan i try to encourage my muslim friends to upload their fast and whatnot. But I would love to go to a Eid service at a mosque though, .... one of these years, I will.

Shouter Baptist: dont really know many people in this religion here, but I would really like to go to the celebration that they have. This is a religion that uses Christianity and many rituals from Africa.

Christianity: Of course everyone here celebrates christmas..... more with popular than traditional. Christmas is very very big here, and all peoples of all religions take part in some form of celebration. Even hindus have a special prayer on christmas eve night, at the temples they have a special service since it is recognized that Jesus was one of the many incarnations of god.
Easter :is more of a big holiday here, Christians as in Catholics take it very seriously, but other christian sects dont really see it as being that important. Which is strange, but thats their choice. I do like the leading up to easter and all the different rituals and names that they give the days coming up to it.
Corpus Christi: makes absolutely no sence to me, as in why it should be a public holiday here, but i guess its a throw back from Colonial days.

himawari
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't know what you are aiming at. Elaborate, please.

thx for ur respond.
what i want to ask here is.. as we known, there are alot of celebration day based on each religion. and not every body can accept or respect another religion's celebration day. so, can you accept it? if can or cant.. please give me your reason.

Punkyhermy
i acknowledge many other religious celebrations.

festivities and thankfulness come in all forms.

and they're all fun. happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.