Thanos vs. Despero H2H

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Which one of these Team wreckers, wins in an all out brawl, test of strength, durability, and all out badassedness?

Bloodlust on.

DigiMark007
Thanos, clearly.

Despero's awesome, but Thanos has never shown a limit to his durability. Despero has.

golem370
He is top Level Strength a powerful Telepath and a powerful matter and energy manipulator. Not to mention a Super Genius

Priest
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Thanos, clearly.

Despero's awesome, but Thanos has never shown a limit to his durability. Despero has.
co-singed
nobody can beat thanos is just plain h2h

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos, clearly.

Thanos has a limit to his durability. Black Holes wreck him. And Despero has shown to be superior in strength to thanos. So would it be a tie?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by golem370
He is top Level Strength a powerful Telepath and a powerful matter and energy manipulator. Not to mention a Super Genius

H2H

golem370
Well he is a great fighter and a smart strategist

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well he is a great fighter and a smart strategist

When has THanos ever trashed the calibur and number of Top tiers at the same time that Despero has?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos has a limit to his durability. Black Holes wreck him. And Despero has shown to be superior in strength to thanos. So would it be a tie?

Actually, what has Despero done?? Held up the Rock of Eternity. Big deal. roll eyes (sarcastic) That's not even a fraction of the planet-moving feats most herald-types have.

And yeah, the Black Hole messed up Thanos a bit, but he survived. And he's also taken much more punishment than I've ever seen dished out on Despero.

...and D's tp and intelligence would mean absolutely nothing. Moondragon with the Mind Gem could only read Thanos' mind when he allowed her. Mind Gem >>> Despero's tp.

Priest
Thanos has a limit to his durability.
Not really accually.
Black Holes wreck him.
if u consider a few scratches being "wrecked" i guess ur rite.

And Despero has shown to be superior in strength to thanos. So would it be a tie?
he has stength feats cause he's a brick. Thanos has h2h fighting feats agaist guys like Despero multiple times.
Bricks can't beat Thanos.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Actually, what has Despero done?? Held up the Rock of Eternity. Big deal. roll eyes (sarcastic) That's not even a fraction of the planet-moving feats most herald-types have.

And yeah, the Black Hole messed up Thanos a bit, but he survived. And he's also taken much more punishment than I've ever seen dished out on Despero.

...and D's tp and intelligence would mean absolutely nothing. Moondragon with the Mind Gem could only read Thanos' mind when he allowed her. Mind Gem >>> Despero's tp.

H2H. And despero has trashed waaaaaaay more top tiers at one time than thanos. and better ones at that.

DigiMark007
H2H. And despero has trashed waaaaaaay more top tiers at one time than thanos. and better ones at that.

Er, so we're ignoring the fact that he doesn't have any strength or durability feats to suggest he's above Thanos, and giving him the win based on a body count??

Yeah, I'm done here. It's pretty obvious you don't want to find a middle ground compromise.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Priest
Not really accually.

if u consider a few scratches being "wrecked" i guess ur rite.

he has stength feats cause he's a brick. Thanos has h2h fighting feats agaist guys like Despero multiple times.
Bricks can't beat Thanos.

Actually NO. Thanos Does not beat Guys like despero. He hasn't fought anyone like Despero.

Soujaboy
co-singed
nobody can beat thanos is just plain h2h

I don't know about that. Kurse(without exploiting his weakness, but I'm positive Thanos would), Mangog, and Classic Juggernaut could easily give Thanos a run in a pure h2h battle.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Er, so we're ignoring the fact that he doesn't have any strength or durability feats to suggest he's above Thanos, and giving him the win based on a body count??

Yeah, I'm done here. It's pretty obvious you don't want to find a middle ground compromise.

I already said it's prolly a tie. Maybe you didn't see me say that before? But he does have strength feats above thanos. He' wrecked tougher and more top tiers at one time than Thanos. people give thanos the win many times due to his wrecking of top tiers. Am I correct in this?

Galan007
Yeah Thanos 10/10

Priest
Actually NO. Thanos Does not beat Guys like despero. He hasn't fought anyone like Despero.
what are u talking about?
Do u think despero is stonger than WM Thor w/ powergem? Or champion?
Hell NO
Do u think Despero has better h2h skills than thor? or Champion (again)
NOPE!

Soujaboy

Thor, Thor with pg, Drax, Drax with PG, Hulk, Champion with the PG, Surfer, etc. roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
THis is pure rediculous. You guys act as if Thanos wins against everyone. Even when someone like Despero has clearly trashed far more and tougher opponents at one time than Thanos. I just dont' get it. What is up with the Thanos worship?

Priest
Originally posted by Soujaboy
I don't know about that. Kurse(without exploiting his weakness, but I'm positive Thanos would), Mangog, and Classic Juggernaut could easily give Thanos a run in a pure h2h battle.

I was thinking in the lines of below Skyfather big grin

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thor, Thor with pg, Drax, Drax with PG, Hulk, Champion with the PG, Surfer, etc. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thor wasn't in hi right mind. Drax was a big tool when he had the PG. thanos never beat Champion with the PG, he was actually going to get his ass kicked. And hulk was never in any kind of angry mode. Besides, Despero beat MANY high tier superspeeding, beings, at ONE TIME. Despero did what I have only seen Tyrant do. beat the crap out of more than 3 High Top tiers. WIth STrength only.

Soujaboy
THis is pure rediculous. You guys act as if Thanos wins against everyone. Even when someone like Despero has clearly trashed far more and tougher opponents at one time than Thanos. I just dont' get it. What is up with the Thanos worship?

Everyone who's a herald, high lv brick, and below.

Despero hasn't faced more powerful opponents than Thanos. When Despero gets trashed by characters like Galactus, and Odin, and is still able to talk about it tomorrow than come get me.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Everyone who's a herald, high lv brick, and below.

Despero hasn't faced more powerful opponents than Thanos. When Despero gets trashed by characters like Galactus, and Odin, and is still able to talk about it tomorrow than come get me.

When DC buys the rights to those characters and can use them, then I sure will. Until then, Your only talking about Thanos' durability. As of yet, no one has proven that Thanos can hang with Despero in strength. ONe more thing, I seem to remember Galactus having to expend himself on Thanos's tech shields before he even hit Thanos. It would seem that the shields took a good brunt of Big G's attack.

golem370
Thanos has killed Billions of people killed the toughest Mercenary Army in the Galaxy. A world full of Mercenaries. He held his own against Odin & Tyrant who are way more powerful then Despero

Priest
THis is pure rediculous.
yea it is, u thinking Despero can beat thanos.

You guys act as if Thanos wins against everyone.
Well pretty much he does, esspecially aginst bricks.

Even when someone like Despero has clearly trashed far more and tougher opponents at one time than Thanos.
Has Depero trashed any body with the Power Gem? Guys like Thor, Champion, and Drax. BTW Champion and Thor has better h2h skills than Despero

I just dont' get it. What is up with the Thanos worship?
we all no u dont get it, which is why its hard to debate with you,

Soujaboy
Thor wasn't in hi right mind. Drax was a big tool when he had the PG. thanos never beat Champion with the PG, he was actually going to get his ass kicked. And hulk was never in any kind of angry mode. Besides, Despero beat MANY high tier superspeeding, beings, at ONE TIME.

Thor wasn't in his right mind? I know he was no longer holding back and was willing to kill.

Tool or not he still possessed unlimited strength.

The comic showed Thanos owning and ultimately outsmarting Champion just as he did the other elders who possessed gems.

Hulk's did one of the strongest out there regardless.

I can't believe that your basing your whole argument off of who's fought the most people at one time? based of your logic, the Hulk is the strongest being in comics. roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos has killed Billions of people killed the toughest Mercenary Army in the Galaxy. A world full of Mercenaries. He held his own against Odin & Tyrant who are way more powerful then Despero

Please. DS killed thousands of Pantheon's of GODS and yet people still think Thanos beats DS. It's plain thanos worship here, pure and simple.

Soujaboy
When DC buys the rights to those characters and can use them, then I sure will. Until then, Your only talking about Thanos' durability. As of yet, no one has proven that Thanos can hang with Despero in strength. ONe more thing, I seem to remember Galactus having to expend himself on Thanos's tech shields before he even hit Thanos. It would seem that the shields took a good brunt of Big G's attack.

So he uses his shields against Despero...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thor wasn't in his right mind? I know he was no longer holding back and was willing to kill.

The comic showed Thanos owning and ultimately outsmarting Champion just as he did the other elders who possessed gems.

I can't believe that your basing your whole argument off of who's fought the most people at one time? based of your logic, the Hulk is the strongest being in comics. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Actually most people base thier arguments of Thanos off of the same thing. Many people have said, Thanos has owned multiple top tiers, as a way to prove how strong he is. Now That I am sayign Despero has owned Better and more of them, all of a sudden the feat doesn't count. SOmethign stinks around here.

nvrbeenwthagirl
In a Hand to Hand?

Priest

Thanos was not using sheilds against Odin

Priest
double post

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos was not using sheilds against Odin

And Odin could have wiped Thanos out if he really wanted to. There isn't even a discriptive of how much power Odin was pumping out.

Priest
he dosent need them, he went against Odin w/o sheilds

nvrbeenwthagirl

Actually the way moondragon explained Drax's use of the PG is more like the User taps the PG for more and more strength. He wasn't exactly having unlimited strength so much as the ability to keep tapping it for more and more power. Who's to say where Drax or any user of the PG was in thier strength lvl when fighting Thanos.

And yes, Hulk is one of the strongest beings in Comics. You can't deny that.

Priest
And Odin could have wiped Thanos out if he really wanted to. There isn't even a discriptive of how much power Odin was pumping out.
read the book agian roll eyes (sarcastic) , Odin was dishing out shots that can KO surfer. this was before he wiped out the Gugnier imo.

Soujaboy

True, but I'm sure that Odin would have had an even easier time with Despero. wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
read the book agian roll eyes (sarcastic) , Odin was dishing out shots that can KO surfer. this was before he whiped out the Gugnier imo.

The Surfer has been KO'd by lighting and less than Odin. Surfer has also bested MOrg, who gave thanos a hard time. JObber that the surfer is.

nvrbeenwthagirl
True, but I'm sure that Odin would have had an even easier time with Despero. wink

It took the power of Johnny Sorry to take Despero out. Had Despero been shown using the Flame of Pytar in it's full use, like the cartoon version, he could easily have given Odin the same hard time. uSing the flame to shield and project cosmic blast. The only thing Thanos has on Despero is thanos knows how to use every little bit of power and tech to his advantage. But in hand to hand, I see despero as Superior considering Thanos would have a hard time whooping the likes of all those top tiers that Despero thrashed soundly.

Priest
The Surfer has been KO'd by lighting and less than Odin.
are u talking about Storm ...right? if so Surfer was not KOed, he was just shocked. Surfer dident want to fight btw.

JObber that the surfer is.
What power level u think Surfer is? because apparentlly ur trying to say Surfer jobbed to a Skyfather,Odin. roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
are u talking about Storm ...right? if so Surfer was not KOed, he was just shocked. Surfer dident want to fight btw.

What power level u think Surfer is? because apparentlly ur trying to say Surfer jobbed to a Skyfather,Odin. roll eyes (sarcastic)
NO, I'm saying people use Thanos thrashing of surfer as some kind of proof, when Morg has given Thanos a hard time, and Surfer can beat morg. So Surfer Jobs to Thanos. If Surfer can beat morg, who gave thanos a very hard time, then I don't see how Surfer was punked so easily by Odin, and Thanos stood up to him, when Thanos could not stand up to morg, where Surfer could. It's all jobber and it's very evident that people dont' want to use a differnt kind of thinking when it comes to certain characters. Odin would put the Kibosh on Thanos very easily if he wanted to. Thanos standing up to Odin was clearly Odin playing with Thanos. Since Odin soundy beat Surtur, who is far and away superiot to Thanos.

golem370
Thanos has not had trouble against Morg. He told that Ganymede if she could stop his attack I will or would. Morg took on 4 or 5 Heralds and killed one of them so I think he is pretty powerful but not on Thanos' level

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos has not had trouble against Morg. He told that Ganymede if she could stop his attack I will or would. Morg took on 4 or 5 Heralds and killed one of them so I think he is pretty powerful but not on Thanos' level

Thanos certainly didn't seem to be having an easy go of it like he usually does, just back handing people. Morg wasn't having none of that.

Priest
Thanos certainly didn't seem to be having an easy go of it like he usually does, just back handing people. Morg wasn't having none of that.
Do u remebered the end of the fight when thanos "handled" morg with a PC blast?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Do u remebered the end of the fight when thanos "handled" morg with a PC blast?

It was a blast. We are talking about HAND TO FREAKING HAND. SHit.

Priest
It was a blast. We are talking about HAND TO FREAKING HAND. SHit.
are u attemptening to down play thanos whole life because of one inncident with morg?
And were talking about Despero and Thanos NOT FREAKING MORG.

golem370
Morg might give Thanos alittle trouble yet like I said he took on Air-Walker Terrax Firelord & Nova and beat them with relative ease. He had Terrax pleading with Surfer to get Galactus because even with Silver Surfer they would have died

golem370
I believe Morg could beat Despero IMO.

Morg- http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/profiles/morg.html

nvrbeenwthagirl
And were talking about Despero and Thanos NOT FREAKING MORG.
We are comparing feats, highs and lows. Any way, Despero Beat the combined might of Superman, Orion, WW, CM, and others. Thanos hasn't done anything like that. Despero for the win. And Despero did this with no cosmic shielding and tech and blah blah. He's stronger. period.

golem370
Superman,Orion & CM >>> Despero >>> Thanos >>Odin & Tyrant

nvrbeenwthagirl
I believe Morg could beat Despero IMO.

Morg- http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/profiles/morg.html

MOrg WOL could. Not regular Morg. No.

nvrbeenwthagirl
confused

Soljer

Got those backwards, friend.

Priest
We are comparing feats, highs and lows.
read my eddit post above.

Any way, Despero Beat the combined might of Superman, Orion, WW, CM, and others.
Stop putting the JLA on a pedistill...anyways, the JLA jobbed.

Thanos hasn't done anything like that. Despero for the win.
yes he has, Soljaboy and myself gave u many examples of thanos H2H feats, read the thread again to jog ur memory.

And Despero did this with no cosmic shielding and tech and blah blah.
again we gave u exaples of thanos fighing without sheilds, read the thread again from page one.

He's stronger. period.
roll eyes (sarcastic) u have great debating skills. u should join the next tourny.

nvrbeenwthagirl
There is no proof at all that Thanos is Superior to Despero in hand to hand, when Despero clearly has handled more top tiers than Thanos. And Despero wasn't even in his body if I remember correctly. Alas I give up, This is an Odin, Thanos, Thor, Forum. Whatever.

nvrbeenwthagirl
read my eddit post above.

Stop putting the JLA on a pedistill...anyways, the JLA jobbed.

yes he has, Soljaboy and myself gave u many examples of thanos H2H feats, read the thread again to jog ur memory.

again we gave u exaples of thanos fighing without sheilds, read the thread again from page one.

roll eyes (sarcastic) u have great debating skills. u should join the next tourny.

The JLA jobbed but everyone thanos beat didn't job. OMG. Whatever.

Soujaboy
We are comparing feats, highs and lows. Any way, Despero Beat the combined might of Superman, Orion, WW, CM, and others. Thanos hasn't done anything like that. Despero for the win. And Despero did this with no cosmic shielding and tech and blah blah. He's stronger. period.

Thor beat the combined might of Adam Warlock, Gamora, Moondragon, Drax the Destroyer, Pip the Troll, Maxam, and Silver Surfer. Yet when he fought Thanos with the pg he lost. Is this telling you something?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thor beat the combined might of Adam Warlock, Gamora, Moondragon, Drax the Destroyer, Pip the Troll, Maxam, and Silver Surfer. Yet when he fought Thanos with the pg he lost. Is this telling you something?

Thor Jobbed.

Priest
The JLA jobbed but everyone thanos beat didn't job. OMG. Whatever.
so 99% of thanos fights, his oponnents jobed..correct?

Soujaboy
Thor Jobbed.

Ok so when Despero faces off against the JLA it's fine and dandy, yet when Thor loses to Thanos it's called "jobbing". roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
so 99% of thanos fights, his oponnents jobed..correct?

Depends. I would have to study each fight. It certainly does appear that something isn't quite right with Thanos' opponents. They never seem to fight him at full potential or at full skill lvl. Any way, you guys win, Thanos beats all and he is the supreme ruler of the universe. Have a good day.He can move the galaxy with his bare hands.

Soljer
Ok so when Despero faces off against the JLA it's fine and dandy, yet when Thor loses to Thanos it's called "jobbing". roll eyes (sarcastic)

What don't you get? Nvr is the msot ridiculous DC fanboy this side of Jellyrobes.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
What don't you get? Nvr is the msot ridiculous DC fanboy this side of Jellyrobes.

what ever you say. DC fan boys love superman. I cant stand him. Call me what you want.

Soljer
Thanos beats all and he is the supreme ruler of the universe.

Well....there was that one time....

Soljer
what ever you say. DC fan boys love superman. I cant stand him. Call me what you want.

DC fanboys love Superman? Yeah...because Superman is the only character DC publishes. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Priest
Well....there was that one time....
accually 3 times wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
DC fanboys love Superman? Yeah...because Superman is the only character DC publishes. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You would think, the way DC acts.

Soujaboy
You would think, the way DC acts.

You would think, the way you act, that your mentally incapable of posting a well thought out logical argument. sad

Soljer
You would think, the way you act, that your mentally incapable of posting a well thought out logical argument. sad

That is simply evident.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I posted a well thought out logical argument. It doesn't help if every feat i bring up for my characters is a job or PIS and everyone you bring up is just the thruth according to KMC. Don't be an ass. You are very ugly doing that.

Soljer
I posted a well thought out logical argument. It doesn't help if every feat i bring up for my characters is a job or PIS and everyone you bring up is just the thruth according to KMC. Don't be an ass. You are very ugly doing that.

I haven't seen any picture of Souja, how would you know that he's ugly?

Soujaboy

ahh, poor guy laughing laughing

darthgoober
Thanos takes the majority, but I can actually see Despero giving him a hard time h2h. Unless of course Thanos is allowed to amp up his strength with cosmic energy, at which point it shouldn't be very difficult for him). But since this is one of nvr's "Thanos" threads, I'm assuming that we're pretty much talking about Thanos at his absolute weakest, in which case he only takes this 6-7/10.

Desaad
Despero varies, I think.

I don't know that Thanos has ever looked as physically strong as Despero did in Virtue and Vice, and Breakdowns was another great showing for him, but his time merged with L-Ron brings him down as do a number of lower appearances.

Limiting this to strength and durability favors Thanos more than Despero, in my mind.

OneDumbG0
We are comparing feats, highs and lows. Any way, Despero Beat the combined might of Superman, Orion, WW, CM, and others. Thanos hasn't done anything like that. Despero for the win. And Despero did this with no cosmic shielding and tech and blah blah. He's stronger. period. He did this without using his telepathy or Flame of Pytar empowered blasts and whatnot? He did this H2H? Because if he did, he definitely takes the majority. I don't think Thanos could take Superman, Orion, WW, CM all together at once H2H. He'd have a chance, but not much of one. So I'll wait for more elucidation. Because usually, when I see Despero take out the entire Justice League, I think he was doing it with more than just H2H and brute amplified strength.
Thor beat the combined might of Adam Warlock, Gamora, Moondragon, Drax the Destroyer, Pip the Troll, Maxam, and Silver Surfer. Yet when he fought Thanos with the pg he lost. Is this telling you something? I'm a Thanos fan. But for the last @#$^ing time, Thanos did not win that fight. He was clearly losing that fight, albeit slowly, but clearly losing. Reread it again. He gave up confronting him and used a cheap lil gun to immobilize him, probably by manipulating space/time energies. Thanos' shields were broken, Thor was drawing Thanos' blood, and although Thanos was literally trading blows with Thor, he never hurt him and a lot of times, Thor shrugged off what Thanos threw at him.

Does that take away how Thanos is H2H? No. I can't think of many characters that can trade blows with a Power Gem wielder. Maybe Hulk. But Thanos didn't beat or even really hurt either Thor or Champion when they wielded the Power Gem. He just made them angry.

If Despero did what nvrbeenwthgrl has said, Thanos would have a b1tch of a time beating him H2H. But Despero would still have a b1tch of a time beating Thanos also. Hardly anything hurts Thanos or penetrates his forcefields. If Despero could empower his right arm with the Flame of Pytar and rock Thanos with a blow that rivalled the power of Thor's Anti-force blast, that still isn't a guaranteed win. But it certainly is an advantage for Despero. I need a Despero respect thread to make an opinion here. Anybody got one?

WhiteWitchKing
Depends. I would have to study each fight. It certainly does appear that something isn't quite right with Thanos' opponents.

It certainly isn't quite right that a Marvel villain so many good showings.

He never seems to bother really trying against top tiers. That b#tch Mistress Death of his. Why'd she have to go and power him up so much. B#TCH!

OF course, two times as well.

Which issue was that? Don't make up things now.

WhiteWitchKing
The Surfer has been KO'd by lighting and less than Odin. Surfer has also bested MOrg, who gave thanos a hard time. JObber that the surfer is.

That Surfer, what a jobber. Drax too, guy jobbed to a skyfather on the same day as Surfer. Luckily, Warlock (my fav) had the sense to distance (not run mind you) himself from the fight so as to not job to Marvel's top skyfather.

Kurash
wait a minute, wait just a minute, nvrbeenwthagirl actually gave up on an arguement? Threw in the towel? This is a first. Always have to be right, i guess this is the first time YOU actually got tired of typing, as opposed to anyone else you insist on arguing with

Kurash
oh ya, and thanos wins without much trouble really. Pure H2H, i mean there was a time Despero wasnt even a physical threat

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Kurash
oh ya, and thanos wins without much trouble really. Pure H2H, i mean there was a time Despero wasnt even a physical threat

That time has past. Despero Has NEVER been beaten H2H. This fight would likely be a draw or Thanos would lose.

Soujaboy
That time has past. Despero Has NEVER been beaten H2H. This fight would likely be a draw or Thanos would lose.

no

Martian_mind
Hey souja,Whats happenin?

Wally West
Someone get the scans of Aquaman smacking Despero through the side of that ship and out of the water. Real HTH master.

Edit aha, here:
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5629/aquamanvsdespero010ep.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4625/aquamanvsdespero023lg.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3278/aquamanvsdespero036vg.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/546/aquamanvsdespero046th.jpg

Martian_mind
Umm Wally you do realise that Despero then Pwns both Jonn and Aquaman at the same time with telepathy and then goes on to take on the Justice league.

Wally West
Yes I'm aware of that, but this is HTH and someone just said hes never been beaten in HTH, well Aquaman wasn't doing to badly on his own was my point.

Martian_mind
Well to be fair Aquaman did have the Element of surprise and Despero wasnt lookin to bad Afterwards.

Howard_Jones

Despero is strong, but not sublimely skilled. Thanos, on the other hand, is. Look at his fight with Champion, and look at his sparrings with Gamora. He trained someone to be on a Shang-Chi level of combat. He's damn good at H2h.

Thanos will take the majority here, but not all.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Despero is strong, but not sublimely skilled. Thanos, on the other hand, is.
Thanos is "sublimely skilled" you say ? That's fine by me, but based on what exactly you claim such a thing ?

Every single time Thanos fights, he uses blasts, forcefields or ordinary kicks and punches.

So, I ask you, based on what exactly you think he is so skilled ? It can't be his actual fights, I've seen Kitty Pryde or a drunk Tony Stark use more fighting skills than Thanos.

Howard_Jones
Kurdy, that would have been a splendid tactic to use about three pages from now, but you're obviously not intelligent enough to figure that out. I already listed why.

Look at his fight with Champion, and look at his sparrings with Gamora. He trained someone to be on a Shang-Chi level of combat. He's damn good at H2h.

Kid Kurdy
Kurdy, that would have been a splendid tactic to use about three pages from now, but you're obviously not intelligent enough to figure that out. I already listed why.
Maybe I wasn't impressed with that point of view roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kid Kurdy
Training Gamora ? Big freaking deal. "The most deadly woman of the universe" (or something like that)... yeah right.

She doesn't even belong in a top hundred list of the most dangerous women in the Marvel Universe.

Fight with Champion ? Half of the time he hid behind his force fields, and after that he punched him a few times, that was it. Come on, let's be serious, a cool fight absolutely, but not exactly a martial arts feat.

Wally West
Name us 100 women in the Marvel Universe more dangerous than Gamora please....

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Maybe I wasn't impressed with that point of view roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you weren't such a tool, you would be.

Name ten women near the skill and lethality of Gamora in the MU. You probably can't.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Name ten women near the skill and lethality of Gamora in the MU. You probably can't.

THat's it. Show the new people how unbiased and nice you really can be.

Howard_Jones
THat's it. Show the new people how unbiased and nice you really can be.

Eh?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Eh?

Exactly, your rude to anyone who doesn't think like you.

Howard_Jones
Exactly, your rude to anyone who doesn't think like you.

Nope. I remember actually being very nice to you once I got here, then you just started going nuts on everyone.

DarkCrawler
Watching nvrbeenwthagirl debate is like watching a really, really, horrible train wreck. You would want to turn your eyes away from it, but you just can't because you want to see what happens next.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nope. I remember actually being very nice to you once I got here, then you just started going nuts on everyone.

That is not true. People started calling me names FIRST

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Watching nvrbeenwthagirl debate is like watching a really, really, horrible train wreck. You would want to turn your eyes away from it, but you just can't because you want to see what happens next.

SHow me Despero ever losing in a hand to hand match. As a matter of fact, Despero constantly beats Better top tiers than Thanos. And Despero Does it with Hand to hand. Now if He were to use the full force of the flame of Pytar,it would be over kill.

Howard_Jones

How true it is.

nvrbeenwthagirl
How true it is.

Doesn't matter. It just gets my gall that people can so instantly call matches with DC characters and they obviously don't even read DC.

Howard_Jones
That is not true. People started calling me names FIRST

You're 30 years old for God's sake! You're calling people names on a forum and then saying that "well, they shouldn't have done it first."

I'm pretty sure that's an argument my two year old niece uses.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You're 30 years old for God's sake! You're calling people names on a forum and then saying that "well, they shouldn't have done it first."

I'm pretty sure that's an argument my two year old niece uses.

Doesn't matter. I"m not going to let anyone constantly belittle me just becuz I like a comic book company they don't think is cool.

Howard_Jones
Doesn't matter. I"m not going to let anyone constantly belittle me just becuz I like a comic book company they don't think is cool.

Letting it go> obliging someone by calling them names.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Letting it go> obliging someone by calling them names.

Well excuse me for being human.

Howard_Jones
I'm aware that everyone makes mistakes, but you don't need to let it get to you.

Kid Kurdy
I'm amazed. I didn't expect this from you.

Until now, nvrbeenwthagirl has brought up some good points. Although we disagree on quite a few things, he thinks a bit like me : we base our opinions on rational thought and feats, and not wishful thinking.

I can give LOTS of examples of this.

Kid Kurdy

And if I would, what would the result be ? Another 5000 pages disagreeing and debating about these ten women ?

Besides, you made a mistake : I clearly said "The most dangerous woman", not "The most skilled woman".

Of course she's skilled - she better be - but she ain't that dangerous.

darthgoober
H2H between these two would be a pretty good fight that Thanos takes 7/10. With them going all out though, Thanos would take it 8-9/10.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by darthgoober
H2H between these two would be a pretty good fight that Thanos takes 7/10. With them going all out though, Thanos would take it 8-9/10.

Based on what? What Puts Thanos over the top over Despero?

darthgoober
Based on what? What Puts Thanos over the top over Despero?
It actually very easy to discern. The cap on the upcoming tourney is "Under Thanos", and it's being hosted by batdude(a known DC fan). Well, I drafted Despero so...well, you know.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It actually very easy to discern. The cap on the upcoming tourney is "Under Thanos", and it's being hosted by batdude(a known DC fan). Well, I drafted Despero so...well, you know.

Based on both of thier handling of Top tiers, Despero has better showings He owns more top tiers and better ones than Thanos. Despero Owns Flying, Super Speedsters, and Thanos owns Bricks with no superspeed. With the exception of Thor. And The thing is no top tier.

darthgoober
Based on both of thier handling of Top tiers, Despero has better showings He owns more top tiers and better ones than Thanos. Despero Owns Flying, Super Speedsters, and Thanos owns Bricks with no superspeed. With the exception of Thor. And The thing is no top tier.
So....what? Are you now accusing batdude of being Marvel biased? For that matter, NO ONE else objected in the least so does that mean that EVERYONE besides you and Kid Kurdy are biased?

nvrbeenwthagirl
So....what? Are you now accusing batdude of being Marvel biased? For that matter, NO ONE else objected in the least so does that mean that EVERYONE besides you and Kid Kurdy are biased?
What are you talking about? I just said based on both of thier handingl of top tiers, Despero has better showings against better opponents and more of them. I don't know anything about the tourney. Haven't looked at it.

darthgoober
What are you talking about? I just said based on both of thier handingl of top tiers, Despero has better showings against better opponents and more of them. I don't know anything about the tourney. Haven't looked at it.
Well the power cap is "Under Thanos" if that tells you anything(and like I said, NO ONE objected to my drafting Despero).

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well the power cap is "Under Thanos" if that tells you anything(and like I said, NO ONE objected to my drafting Despero).

Despero is most def equal to or Superior to Thanos In strength and Durability. And his flame of Pytar is a match for any cosmic energy Thanos can throw out. Despero was owing people with it long before he got his huge hulking super bod. Despero would own anyone under thanos.

darthgoober
Despero is most def equal to or Superior to Thanos In strength and Durability. And his flame of Pytar is a match for any cosmic energy Thanos can throw out. Despero was owing people with it long before he got his huge hulking super bod. Despero would own anyone under thanos.
I thought he got the flame at the same time he got all buff?

nvrbeenwthagirl
I thought he got the flame at the same time he got all buff?

He had the flame when he was a sickly lil thing. He got buff sometime later. I think he was like one of the leagues first villians. And he was owning entire worlds with no physical power. Then sometime in the 80's he got all buff. Hell he owned the JLA and JSA and wasn't even in his own body. If you get to use him, you win the tourney.

darthgoober
He had the flame when he was a sickly lil thing. He got buff sometime later. I think he was like one of the leagues first villians. And he was owning entire worlds with no physical power. Then sometime in the 80's he got all buff. Hell he owned the JLA and JSA and wasn't even in his own body. If you get to use him, you win the tourney.
Oh I get to use him no doubt. But if I win, there's no way it'll be exclusively because of him. People like All Star Supes have also been drafted, and we're not even to the "Versatile" category yet.

(And he was in fact the League's very first villain.)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Oh I get to use him no doubt. But if I win, there's no way it'll be exclusively because of him. People like All Star Supes have also been drafted, and we're not even to the "Versatile" category yet.

(And he was in fact the League's very first villain.)

NOw how in the hell did all star Supers get in? He's like waaay stronger than Thanos. Plus Despero's use of the flame of Pytar is pretty versatile. And I doubt any team is going to have a telepath that can beat Despero's TP. He's goign to own all without ever having to crack a sweat.

darthgoober
NOw how in the hell did all star Supers get in? He's like waaay stronger than Thanos. Plus Despero's use of the flame of Pytar is pretty versatile. And I doubt any team is going to have a telepath that can beat Despero's TP. He's goign to own all without ever having to crack a sweat.
All might be stronger(hard to say cause Thanos can amp up his strength), but Thanos is still more powerful overall, which is why he was allowed. But I do have a couple of idea's on some stuff I plan on doing with Despero.

nvrbeenwthagirl
All might be stronger(hard to say cause Thanos can amp up his strength), but Thanos is still more powerful overall, which is why he was allowed. But I do have a couple of idea's on some stuff I plan on doing with Despero.

Do your research well on Despero and the flame of Pytar becuz the battle well may be yours for the winning. The DCU animated is part of the multiverse of the DCU. Remember how Despero used his flame on the Justice league? He was even more powerful than the Lanterns.

darthgoober
Do your research well on Despero and the flame of Pytar becuz the battle well may be yours for the winning. The DCU animated is part of the multiverse of the DCU. Remember how Despero used his flame on the Justice league? He was even more powerful than the Lanterns.
The animated stuff won't be allowed. I'm only using the "Standard" version of him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The animated stuff won't be allowed. I'm only using the "Standard" version of him.

I do believe that the animated version is within the perimeters of the orginal use of the flame.

Howard_Jones
They're a little different. Nobody in the DCAU is even close to their comic counterpart, except Batman, who I would say is actually more skilled.

I prefer the DCAU over the DCU though. The guy who did Despero's voice was magnificent. He also did Spawn.

Kurash

Uh i seem to remember when Aquaman was taking down Despero H2H, granted he didnt win the fight cause Despero took control of his mind, but for the brief H2H combat Aquaman had his number, not to mention Despero got bitten by a bunch of sharks which made him bleed badly. I think that proves hes not as durable as Thanos cause if a shark tried to bite Thanos hed flex his arm and break its teeth. Thanos would also slap Aquaman across the face and knock him out.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Uh i seem to remember when Aquaman was taking down Despero H2H, granted he didnt win the fight cause Despero took control of his mind, but for the brief H2H combat Aquaman had his number, not to mention Despero got bitten by a bunch of sharks which made him bleed badly. I think that proves hes not as durable as Thanos cause if a shark tried to bite Thanos hed flex his arm and break its teeth. Thanos would also slap Aquaman across the face and knock him out.

Of course Despero not being able to be killed by the weight of the Rock, or mulitple puches from Superman, Orion, WW and captain Marvel pretty much negates anypis poor writing. Same as the Pis Poor writing that had squirell Girl beat thanos, or Wolverine bone claw scratch thanos.

Kurash
i dont care if its poor writing, you said hed never been beaten H2H and despite the quality of the writing Aquaman had him on the ropes

nvrbeenwthagirl
i dont care if its poor writing, you said hed never been beaten H2H and despite the quality of the writing Aquaman had him on the ropes

And he still didn't get beat hand to hand. You do remember me saying that right? Now show me him getting beaten?

Kurash
he had to use his mind control to save him, so in essence, yes he lost the H2H battle, but won the overall war

nvrbeenwthagirl
he had to use his mind control to save him, so in essence, yes he lost the H2H battle, but won the overall war

You actually are going to go for that? When He has clearly Owned much higher top tiers than Aquaman. Please. If that were the case then every time someone mentions a fight with thanos, I'm going to mention them getting a set of bone claws. SHow me one time that Thanos has ever owned as many Top tiers, with SUperspeed, and Flight, as Despero has. Thanos kicks around professor hulk, herc who can't fly nor has no superspeed, and thing, and all of a sudden he's beating Despero?

darthgoober
You actually are going to go for that? When He has clearly Owned much higher top tiers than Aquaman. Please. If that were the case then every time someone mentions a fight with thanos, I'm going to mention them getting a set of bone claws.
The difference is that Bone Claws is non cannon.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The difference is also that Despero has gone thru SEVERAL upgrades. So that showing with aquaman means the big donut. Unless someone has a power like johnny Sorrow, Despero ain't going down.

Kurash
if someone makes a statement that Thanos is unbeatable in H2H combat then feel free to mention the bone claws, regardless though you stated Despero has never been bested in H2H, which is a false claim whether he was jobbing or not

nvrbeenwthagirl
if someone makes a statement that Thanos is unbeatable in H2H combat then feel free to mention the bone claws, regardless though you stated Despero has never been bested in H2H, which is a false claim whether he was jobbing or not

Did he get beaten? SHow me him beaten or bone up.

darthgoober
The difference is also that Despero has gone thru SEVERAL upgrades. So that showing with aquaman means the big donut. Unless someone has a power like johnny Sorrow, Despero ain't going down.
Thanos has also had SEVERAL upgrades.

Kurash
he used his mind control to save him, i consider that a tally in Aquamans corner for the H2H part of the fight, its kinda like if im fightin someone on the street and beating the crap out of em, then they pull out a gun and shoot me, i won the first battle, they clearly won the overall war

nvrbeenwthagirl
he used his mind control to save him, i consider that a tally in Aquamans corner for the H2H part of the fight, its kinda like if im fightin someone on the street and beating the crap out of em, then they pull out a gun and shoot me, i won the first battle, they clearly won the overall war

If Aquaman isn' shown beating Despero hand to hand, it is not a victory. Period. Heroes are let to get the upper hand on villians all the time, for a lil while, Big G is constantly getting knocked on his ass by lessor beings. He's not losing any fights like he lost to Tenerbrious and Aegis. That was an actual Loss. Untill Aquaman is shown beating the crap out of Despero, as Despero has done many times to the entire league, your showing of aquaman is void. Besides, as I said, Despero has had SEVERAL upgrades since then. ANd yet, he still hasn'tlost a hand to hand as of yet. Getting taken by surprise for a bit isn't getting beaten. In fights, blows are often traded back and forth.

Desaad

Might be.

Marvel vs DC appeared in any number of Marvel and DC proper titles, and was referenced in a couple.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Desaad
Might be.

Marvel vs DC appeared in any number of Marvel and DC proper titles, and was referenced in a couple.

Those series were indeed apearing in all manner of books. But they are just way off. In one instance, WW is gettning owned by lighting, and later in the same series of books, She beats the crap out of the Classic Juggernaut, whom all of the xmen together couldn't beat. They were entertaining, but made you go WTF more times than not.

Kurash
well for what was shown he was winning, so i consider that a win in that department, its like in a football game that gets canceled becuase of rain, if team A is beating team B 14-0 in the second quarter, and then the game gets canceled, it goes down as a win for team A regardless of what might have happened within the next 2 quarters, similar to Aquaman and Despero, if the fight had continued Despero might have had him, but it didnt

nvrbeenwthagirl
well for what was shown he was winning, so i consider that a win in that department, its like in a football game that gets canceled becuase of rain, if team A is beating team B 14-0 in the second quarter, and then the game gets canceled, it goes down as a win for team A regardless of what might have happened within the next 2 quarters, similar to Aquaman and Despero, if the fight had continued Despero might have had him, but it didnt
SInce the game got cancelled becuz of rain, niether side will get the victory. Despero just decided to own everyone in one fell swoop with his Tp.

Howard_Jones
SInce the game got cancelled becuz of rain, niether side will get the victory.

You're definately from Chicago.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You're definately from Chicago.

you know i know the rules.

Kurash
HAHA! team A does get the victory becuase i played a game this season that got postponed when we were winning 14-0, they couldnt reshedule on Sat. cause the storms got worse, they couldnt schedule on Sun. becuase you cant do that in Indiana, and our state also said the game couldnt be played on Mon. or any other time after that, so, we got the win while only playing 2 quarters

Howard_Jones
you know i know the rules.

Yep. Same here. big grin

nvrbeenwthagirl
HAHA! team A does get the victory becuase i played a game this season that got postponed when we were winning 14-0, they couldnt reshedule on Sat. cause the storms got worse, they couldnt schedule on Sun. becuase you cant do that in Indiana, and our state also said the game couldnt be played on Mon. or any other time after that, so, we got the win while only playing 2 quarters

Only after several attempts at resheculing. Thanos is shown knocked out on the ground after a pounding by Squirell girl. Despero is not shown having ever "LOST" a hand to hand. You using aquaman of him LOSING a hand to hand is not of him having LOST a hand to hand.

Kurash
ill compromise and agree with that, he didnt LOSE, but he was LOSING

nvrbeenwthagirl
ill compromise and agree with that, he didnt LOSE, but he was LOSING

So my original statement stands. Despero has never lost a hand to hand. By Thier showings, Barring thanos' losses, and Despero's Getting suker punched by AM, Despero clearly has the better showings in beating up a higher calibur of top tiers and more of them. Despero 6/10. Only becuz thanos is such a good fight and very durbale. He can pull 4 wins in hand to hand.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>