EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST TOURNAMENT: Scoobless VS StarsNeverFall7 (Vote Now!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
Scoobless

VS

StarsNeverFall7

In the this match, it will take place in the Mohave Desert, but this time the desert will be covered in a very thick fog making it extremely difficult to see. A very thick, and very soupy fog that blankets the entire Mohave Desert during this match.

Both competitors will submit their write-ups by themselves.

The Winner will advance further in the main tournament. The defeated participant will be placed in the WildCard MiniTournament to decide who gets the final odd spot in the tournament.

Good luck to both competitors.

Now let the match begin!

Scoobless

The desert .... rolling on floor laughing

Quasar
Mimic & Psylocke
Wolverine & Noh-Varr
Hawkeye & Ult Hawkeye

Prep: as before, the team will receive the list of their opponents then join in a psi-link to share any information they have about them (which includes limited knowledge of Batman from Avengers/JLA)

Quasar then clears the fog around them useing an expanding force field.

Mimic decides this would be a good time to ditch his Wolverine powers for Psylocke powers ... which is done immediately and, as Mimic used to have Jean Grey's powers for years, he will be able to use them quite expertly (and a quick psychic download from Psylocke will fill him in on the psychic knifes and stuff)

Hawkeye expresses concern that Thor might use his weather powers to kick up a sandstorm that could hurt the unprotected guys on the team, so Quasar issues everyone a durable Quantum outfit that allows air through but will completely protect them from sandstorms.

Having done that, the team actually think that inciting a sandstorm would now work to their benefit. The psi-link allows Quasar access to Noh-Varr's advanced scientific Kree knowledge in order to mass produce large numbers of huge jet-fans which will be created all over the landscape (pointing toward the enemy's side of the battlefield ... obviously)

Further communication will point out the known weaknesses in the other team.
Ice-Man requires moisture to be effective, in the desert this will severely hamper him.
Cable's body is half cybernetic and is vulnerable to strong magnetic fields.... as Deadpool's and Batman's tech will be.
Spider-Man's speed/maneuverability will be significantly reduced without buildings and having only sand to walk on.

The easiest way to weaken their team will be to trigger a massive electromagnetic pulse at the start of the match... much larger than any previously seen on Earth (including any Magneto related feats) .... Quasar can easily perform this by channeling the energy of the sun through himself, while having shielded the rest of his team.

http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=star.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=star10.jpg

At the same time he can also use this energy to further reduce the moisture level on the battlefield (leaving Ice-Man useless) .... I feel I have to pint out that he isn't becoming as hot as the sun, just using it's power to create an huge EMP and a heat wave of around 50-60 degrees celsius.

Due to the telepathic link, this exchange takes only minutes, the creation/placement of these fans will take another half an hour (tops) then it's back to the others to talk about defense.

The standard Quantum shielding is unanimously agreed upon. Then Quasar starts to armour himself up in anticipation of fighting Thor, the same as he did against Surfer int he first round ... when he's done the others ask if they can have something similar.
"Ok" Quasar says
"but nothing as tough as herald repelling armour ... we wouldn't want to piss off Evangel"

Thus he creates armour specific to each grouping of the tourney.
Meaning Mimic and Psylocke will have lightweight Colossus durability armour.
Wolverine and Noh-Varr will have armour that matches the durability of Venom or Luke Cage.
The Hawks will have body armour that is as durable as Bobba Fett's or Black Panther's

"Sweet" they all reply in unison.

Mimic's armour is outfitted with razor sharp Colossus strength protrusions form the knuckles and along the arms and back in order to make up for his loss of the claws.

Wolverine and Noh-Varr's armour have similar spikes over the arms and back which are as strong as steel.

Fight Starts: The plan is simple (no.... really) Everyone but Quasar will wait under a quantum dome before the match starts, the instant the fight begins, Quasar lets loose a massive EMP that will short out every piece of technology on the planet (except for those within his protective dome) when this is done he starts up the jet-fans and rejoins the others.

They know that this tactic will not stop Thor but every single other member of the opposing team will be f**ked over in some way.

Cable is half paralyzed, Ice-Man has nothing to make ice from, Spidey, Deadpool, Batman & Batgirl will have their flesh ripped off by the sandstorms (that will be travelling at hundreds of miles per hour) ... and the Bat's gadgets will be useless.

Mimic and Psylocke will be going from one enemy to the next (telepathically) assaulting them with psi-blasts and checking on their vitals.

Quasar will be aware of the locations of everyone by tracking their energy signatures so a surprise attack will be impossible.

Once the sandstorm has taken down the street - meta guys we stop the fans & attack.

Quasar will be the one to fight Thor, while Psylocke continuously assaults Ice-Man from behind the dome. The Hawks will make sure the lower level guys stay down by using explosive arrows on their slumped bodies, then they'll aid Psylocke in taking down Ice-Man.

Mimic will rush the weakened Cable constantly hitting him with optic blasts and beating the crap out of him ... all while ditching Psylocke's power for his, which is added to the arsenal against him .... a paralyzed Cable can't handle this level of attack and will soon fall.

Quasar has fought Thor before and on numerous occasions, blocked mjolnir with shields ... Thor is known for chucking his hammer at his enemy.... the first time he does this he'll lose it.

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=masters2.jpg
http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=masters3.jpg

(Yes, i know that is Masterson, but the strength/powers was Thor's)

So if Mjolnir is thrown Thor loses it long enough for Quasar to attack ... which means he wont get the opportunity to get it back as he was in that scan.

Quasar will approach Thor and release an intense burst of pure light, temporarily blinding Thor and giving him the opening to slam home a few energy blasts and strikes which are more than capable of hurting Thor.

No-one will ever claim Thor will go down easily ... but here he has been outmaneuvered, blinded and his team has been wrecked.

Blind Thor would have a lot of trouble fighting just Quasar... but once the others are down, he'll be facing my whole team, Psylocke will be annoying him with TP blasts, the Hawks will be hitting him with explosives, Noh-varr will be shooting at him from the ground and Mimic will fly miles away, out of his sight, then come from behind at mach 100 and slam into him from behind.

Thor goes down. Fight over.

DigiMark007
Good luck to both. And nice write-up there Scoob.

thumb up

TricksterPriest
Very nice strat. But can Quasar and his team do all that with only 2 hours prep?

Btw, thanks for proving a point. I had some arguements about using a TK field to keep Thor from physically contacting the hammer. People told me it wouldn't work. But if Quasar can do it and Thor had to work to smash his barrier, then the hammer doesn't absorb energy fields.

Soljer
Stars hasn't posted yet, but Scoob's team seems a bit superior to me. I'll obviously have to wait to make an objective decision, however....

As digi said, good write-up, Scoob!

Scoobless
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Very nice strat. But can Quasar and his team do all that with only 2 hours prep?

Well, a lot of the prep is just telepathic discussion.

Unlike a Green Lantern, Quasar's constructs don't require will-power to exist.... once he has the plans in his head for the constructs he can just create them in an instant.

StarsNeverFall7

StarsNeverFall7
Even though we are in a desert, with it being covered in dense fog, which is full of moisture and a god who can with ease control the weather, Iceman has more than enough options..

jasofisc
psylock doesn't have tp anymore does she? any way I can't wait untill starsneverfall7 states his case right now I would give it to scoob's but not right now I will wait to see was stars has to say.

TricksterPriest
Wow. That is a much better strat than he came up with when we fought. Using Deadpool&Spiderman's motor-mouths to annoy your opponents and distract them. thumb up That's good. Very good. Still staying on the fences for now.

Soljer
Vote - Scoobless

Based upon each opening strategy, I would consider Scoobless to be ahead by leaps and bounds. It's possible that my vote could be swayed, but for now, Scoob's got it in the bag.

StarsNeverFall7
^ Thanks Trickster. Got a long ways to go though before I have a shot at winning this one though, Scoobs has got a damn good team.

On a side note is a EMP technically allowed?

Evangel94
Originally posted by Scoobless

Quasar then clears the fog around them useing an expanding force field.

You can't affect the weather on your opponents side of the field. Remember there's an impenetrable barrier that seperates the teams from interacting from one another during.

The weather systems on each side of the are completely indepedent from one another during prep.

The Mohave Desert is over 22,000 square miles long. Which is roughly 150 miles long and 150 miles wide. Divided in half, your team has to deal with dimensions of 150 miles long and 75 miles wide, which is roughly 11,250 square miles.

Can Quasar project a force field that covers over 11,000 square miles? I seriously doubt it.

Moreover just to push some fog out of the way? Quasar has better things to worry about than clearing fog. Also the weather of the battlefield is designed to keep making fog. You can probably clear some fog, but more will come into the field to replace it eventually. You can't keep clearing fog again and again

I'm not trying to debate you, but the reason I say this is that almost every single contestant has completely underestimated the size of the battlefield they are fighting in. 22,500 miles is not a small area.

Although I'm not stopping you from trying, it's clear it's not going to work. You're supposed to find ways to use the battlefield to your advantage. Not try to alter it the way you want it to. The battlefields too big for anyone to do that. You want to create a series fans that stretch over 150 miles? That's completely unlikely with 2 hours prep.

This battlefield is the size of the state of West Virginia. And is too big for anyone to simply alter in that manner. Nobody is giving enough thought to actual size of the battlefield. Competitors are completely opposite sides. No one has even addressed how they will find one another. All current votes are reset back to zero. That said, I'm requesting everyone to vote again with the battlefields size in mind.

Scoobless
Originally posted by jasofisc
psylock doesn't have tp anymore does she?

It's classic Psylocke with the telepathy and psychic knife ... not TK

Originally posted by Evangel94
You can't affect the weather on your opponents side of the field. Remember there's an impenetrable barrier that seperates the teams from interacting from one another during.

I said he clears the fog from around them - in context it means from around his team .... 20 square meters at the most.... and it's only for the purpose of having a comfortable conversation.

You're supposed to find ways to use the battlefield to your advantage. Not try to alter it the way you want it to.

That's what I'm doing ... I'm using the sand to create a sandstorm.

The battlefields too big for anyone to do that. You want to create a series fans that stretch over 150 miles? That's completely unlikely with 2 hours prep.

Size is irrelevant when you have an entire universe of energy at your disposal and you can create these fans with a thought.

He could create thousands of these things around the planet within 2 hours ... I'm only using enough to cause hurricane+ type winds over a relatively small area (small for a herald/protector of the universe that is)

Can Quasar project a force field that covers over 11,000 square miles? I seriously doubt it.

Not that I've tried to... but yeah ... he could.... his power works by thought, if he can imagine it, he can create it.

Quasar has better things to worry about than clearing fog.

Don't try and tell me what my team will or wont do during MY prep time.

the weather of the battlefield is designed to keep making fog. You can probably clear some fog, but more will come into the field to replace it eventually...

Magic fog ... shame we weren't told about this earlier.

No one has even addressed how they will find one another.

Telepathy and energy signatures ..... I did mention this in my write up.... Quasar can detect lifesigns from lightyears away, Mimic and Psylocke can find them telepathically

Although I'm not stopping you from trying, it's clear it's not going to work.

Only to you... and you're wrong.

I'm not trying to debate you.....

You're doing a good job of faking it then.

Evangel94

Don't try and tell me what my team will or wont do during MY prep time.

It's not "your" prep time. It's your team's prep-time. A write-up is a likely winning scenario for your team that you write while taking all your character's comic history into account. No person on the team can act out-of-character regardless of what you write.

And when I stated it would be an entire Desert covered in fog, the fog has to come from somewhere. For this scenario, fog covers the Mohave desert, and isn't easily manipulated because the weather is set to keep making fog. It's not magic. It's just the way this battlefield was abnormally set-up.

StarsNeverFall7
We'll so far we have a sandstorm, which Cable should have no problem detecting with TP and having Thor using his weather control to put a quick stop to and an EMP which I wouldnt think would be allowed because it would be along the same principle of me using Cable to disassemble War Machine or Iron Mans armor down to the last bolt.

I'll wait for a say from Ev, on the EMP part.

Evangel94
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
We'll so far we have a sandstorm, which Cable should have no problem detecting with TP and having Thor using his weather control to put a quick stop to and an EMP which I wouldnt think would be allowed because it would be along the same principle of me using Cable to disassemble War Machine or Iron Mans armor down to the last bolt.

I'll wait for a say from Ev, on the EMP part.

Wait, which part exactly are you objecting to?

Scoobless
an EMP which I wouldnt think would be allowed because it would be along the same principle of me using Cable to disassemble War Machine or Iron Mans armor down to the last bolt.

Not really, Cable's powers don't come from his tech.

StarsNeverFall7
We have two versions of Hawkeye which they may be good, but in a fog that you can't hardly see, and a stealth god, Batman should be able to take them both out before they have time to load an arrow. Espically when they are being persuaded by DP and his talks of Chimichangas and the Olsen Twins.

We have Wolverine, which by guessing by previous meetings will try to go straight for DP. This fight could go either way depending on who you ask, but with his added arsenal, and Spidey running his mouth in Logans ear, he goes down like Kitty Pride with a Shroyuken.

Marvelboy could pose a slight issue, but Spideys job here is to do nothing more than use his spidey sense to its fullest and keep him occupied until help arrives, then MB goes down.

No where in the provided link was it stated Mimic flies. After the rest of the team is dropped Cable stops the hallucinations of DP and SM "trash talking". He focus' his attention to Mimic and grants Bobby a TP and TK shield along with himself. Neither Mimic or Psylocke is putting out a kiloton worth of damage in one strike, the shields WILL hold. From this point Cable stands in front of Mimic and Psylocke. Fight begins, Iceman comes sliding in. Psylockes lack of speed in the matter leave her hanging while Cable uses one TP attack on mimic to throw him off, and Iceman puts him into a Subzero brick. Same pretty much applies for Psylocke here, a stronger and better fighter along with being able to easily match her TP and TK with a full assualt from Iceman, shes out quick.

Quasar and Thor, I'm not sending the God in with the intention of that hammer EVER leaving his hands. We could go back and forth on energy attacks and absorbtion all day. It will get us no where and when it comes to a slug fest, Quasar doesn't have what it takes to compete with the son of odin. Like he said he was too powerful with his mallet and needed to get it from his hands. It isn't happening this time, and Quasar will be made of with quick work.

StarsNeverFall7
Not really, Cable's powers don't come from his tech.

Then what is the EMP going to really do? Using the EMP should void out the TO virus, which we just give him full use of the TK.

SpunkySmurph
Wait, which part exactly are you objecting to?

I think using an EMP to hypothetically render Cable and Batman/Girl useless.

StarsNeverFall7
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

Exactly, hence why I compared it to using Cable to completely diisassemble IM or WM's suit.

Roldz
Exactly, hence why I compared it to using Cable to completely diisassemble IM or WM's suit.
How exactly is Cable going to accomplish this?

StarsNeverFall7
Originally posted by Roldz
How exactly is Cable going to accomplish this?

I didn't say he was going to. I was being hypothetical, same way that Magneto can disassemble and reassemble machines. It isn't allowed though, just was using it to try and make a point thats all.

Scoobless
Then what is the EMP going to really do? Using the EMP should void out the TO virus, which we just give him full use of the TK.

It's going to cause his cybernetics to completely short out meaning half his body is immobilized.

It wont kill the TOV, magnetic fields don't seem to do anything to it... Magneto once ripped Cable apart (which is a more focused attack than this) and the TOV wasn't slowed down at all.

We have two versions of Hawkeye which they may be good, but in a fog that you can't hardly see, and a stealth god, Batman should be able to take them both out before they have time to load an arrow.

Not happening. Batman's tech is fried, he isn't going to be able to see through the sandstorm/fog better than anyone else... plus he's going to have to hold his cape in front of his mouth or something to protect himself.... both my Hawks are protected with armour and both are more than capable of taking down a no-advantage Batman

We have Wolverine, which by guessing by previous meetings will try to go straight for DP. This fight could go either way depending on who you ask, but with his added arsenal, and Spidey running his mouth in Logans ear, he goes down like Kitty Pride with a Shroyuken.

Wolverine has protective armour... DP's small arms fire isn't doing anything to him, plus anything he has with a circuit in it is useless at this point = Wolverine wins

Spider-Man will be more than a little preoccupied fighting the guy who is faster on the ground than he is... and with nothing to swing on to escape he isn't going to be fighting for long = Noh-Varr wins

No where in the provided link was it stated Mimic flies.

He has Northstar's powers at 50% .... northstar can fly at 99% lightspeed

Neither Mimic or Psylocke is putting out a kiloton worth of damage in one strike, the shields WILL hold.

Cable is limited to pre-phoenix Jean power levels ... which is much less than Cable's usual and puts him and Psylocke on equal levels in terms of telepathy.

From this point Cable stands in front of Mimic and Psylocke. Fight begins, Iceman comes sliding in. Psylockes lack of speed in the matter leave her hanging while Cable uses one TP attack on mimic to throw him off, and Iceman puts him into a Subzero brick.

Mimic isn't standing anywhere, he's in the air and Cable can barely move as his cybernetics are fried. Mimic can take out Ice-Man with a single optic blast

Psylocke is staying away from the battlefield and Mimic is immune to telepathic attack/detection

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2311/exiles022013sl1.th.jpg

Plus he has Psylocke's powers on top of that.

Quasar Vs Thor? .... Thor is too noble to cheat ... which is why he was so easy to blind at the start of the Quasar Thor part of this fight.

Blind Thor = sitting duck = Thor losing

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

They wouldn't be completely useless ... they just wouldn't be able to use any tech.

StarsNeverFall7
Where did I say I was using tech for any of my team? I didn't.

Hawkeyes protected with armor, still doesn't help when fighting someone they can't find. Let me guess though, they can see in this dense fog? So can mimic?

Spiderman may not have him in speed, but can Marvel boy see while he is blinded by this fog? Doubt it, Peter can.

Where did I say a thing about Thor cheating? I said he wasn't letting go of his hammer, thats all.

We still have yet to get to how the majority of your team is going to take the hallucinations of DP and SM continously running their mouths...

Now in another sense, lets say this EMP attack is legal, whats to stop Thor from taking to team out of the blast radius? Or using weather control to cancel out this "sandstorm"?

jasofisc
cable's arm isn't really tech is it. I mean it's not a robotic arm it's an arm that is metal and has like liquid metal for blood like when apoc chopped it off it wasn't sparking it was bleeding. Anyway I don't think an emp would work on cable since it's not robotic is more organic

StarsNeverFall7
Yep, its techno organic. Magentos magnetic feilds didn;t work, isnt an EMP just an electro magnetic pulse?

An EMP attack if legal, would be known before hand and could be avoided. Leaving cable his only real cybernetic part left his eye, which should give him more than full visibility in this fog.

Evangel94
This match will last until at least Monday. This should the participants plenty of time to debate.

Roldz
Hard to tell if Emp will work on Cable's techno virus, Magneto did manage to rip him apart but that was more of his magnetic powers to affect metal like how he remove Logan's adamantium, not an EMP...

I think both teams are equal but what swayed me for a better team is Quazar armor construct on the rest of his team greatly enhances there
chances of winning and those 2 tps... Psylocke can affect Bobby with those psi-blades if it hits, Too much use of Cable's psi-powers and the virus takes over... So ive got to give this to Scoobs better team..
Both debated well and had good write up but i slightly prefered Scoobs tactics.. For now i vote for Scoobs, could change later dough who knows..

Loot
Voting on scoobs, he has an advantage with quasar force fields, stars has cable so scoob did what he had to do, he put 2 telepaths in his team to be able to manage this. No-Varr is above any spiderman or deadpool.
altough with mimic i would have trade beast power by psylocke power and not wolverine, healing factor could be necessary.

Scoobless
Where did I say I was using tech for any of my team? I didn't.

Cable is half tech ... so you did.

Hawkeyes protected with armor, still doesn't help when fighting someone they can't find. Let me guess though, they can see in this dense fog? So can mimic?

Hawkeye can see as well as Batman can, Mimic has telepathy to let him know where everyone is.

Spiderman may not have him in speed, but can Marvel boy see while he is blinded by this fog? Doubt it, Peter can.

Even thick fog doesn't blind people ... he'll be able to seeat least 10-20 meters which is more than enough to fight someone.... besides, MB doesn't need to see to fight.

Where did I say a thing about Thor cheating? I said he wasn't letting go of his hammer, thats all.

You missed the point there.

We still have yet to get to how the majority of your team is going to take the hallucinations of DP and SM continously running their mouths...

They wont have to, the EMP will hurt Cable and cause him to focus on himself... and we half two telepaths to your one.... it wont be a problem.

Now in another sense, lets say this EMP attack is legal, whats to stop Thor from taking to team out of the blast radius?

The "blast radius" is the entire planet..... if you take them out you just BFRd your own team.

cable's arm isn't really tech is it.

Yes it is.

This match will last until at least Monday. This should the participants plenty of time to debate.

That's a bad idea ... how many people are actually going to be on on Monday? ... even Sunday is doubtful.

Originally posted by Loot
with mimic i would have trade beast power by psylocke power and not wolverine, healing factor could be necessary.

Well that bio is slightly out of date ... Mimic didin't have Beast's powers at the end, he had swapped them for Deadpool.

I figured DP's healing was a little better so I ditched Woverine

Loot

StarsNeverFall7
I still really don't see the TO virus as tech, but whatever you say.

Hawkeye may be able to see as well, but he doesn't have any where near the stealth capabilities.

Now, the EMP is the blast radius of the entire planet, so whats to say a forcefield couldn't protect the team with a change of weather to subdue the sandstorm. Also an EMP should be an energy attack, whats to avoid a forcefield from cable and using thor to absorb as much of it as possible with mjonlir?

StarsNeverFall7
Now that I think about it, an EMP is designed to knock out things with an electric current. Cables virus doesn't have this therefor this EMP shouldn't do anything to his TO virus seeing as the virus is "alive" and not a machine running off of an electric current.

An EMP also isn't a physical property so using one isn't going to cause a blast or anything. If the EMP was caused due to a nuclear warhead, that would be one thing, but on its own? No.

Also these "jet fans" are going to be used to completely render a 50x50 miles radius unvisible?? I doubt it. Not to mention when Thor can create a storm to match it.

Scoobless
I still really don't see the TO virus as tech, but whatever you say.

It's a TECHno Organic virus.

wink

Hawkeye may be able to see as well, but he doesn't have any where near the stealth capabilities.

Batman is choking to death on sand, Hawkeye isn't.

Now, the EMP is the blast radius of the entire planet, so whats to say a forcefield couldn't protect the team with a change of weather to subdue the sandstorm. Also an EMP should be an energy attack, whats to avoid a forcefield from cable and using thor to absorb as much of it as possible with mjonlir?

EMP is electromagnetic radiation ... which travels at the speed of light.... by the time they realise it's happened it'll be too late.

An EMP also isn't a physical property so using one isn't going to cause a blast or anything. If the EMP was caused due to a nuclear warhead, that would be one thing, but on its own? No.

I never once claimed there would be any physical destruction from the EMP .... confused

Also these "jet fans" are going to be used to completely render a 50x50 miles radius unvisible?? I doubt it. Not to mention when Thor can create a storm to match it.

They aren't there to make it "invisible" ... they are there to blow sand about in order to hurt/kill/choke your team..... blinding them is just an added bonus.

If Thor adds to the strom then all the better ... my guys are still protected, unlike your team.

Typhus

King Kandy
Him, Scoobless had a better write-up, but I think stars is winning in the debate category... I'll have to wait this out some more.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Typhus
Placing my vote for Stars. The giant fans would have been a cool trick against anyone else, but against a god who can redirect the wind on a whim?

The point is that the sandstorm/wind will only hurt his team ... all my guys are protected against it.... it doesn't really matter who is causing the wind.

no expression

Techno Organics are still largely mechanical (even if the parts are microscopic) and they still run on electricity.

That's not overly important though, it knocks out all his weapons and teleporters and stuff.

My two telepaths >> his single telepath

Psylocke or Mimic >>>>> Iceman (especially now that Mimic has telepathy)

Quasar's shields can repel most of Thor's attacks easily as well:

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/6222/field.th.jpg

Note the hammer bouncing off the shield like a tennis ball.

Brawling will get Thor nowhere and Quasar is far better fighting with energy than Thor is.

And you still haven't posted anything to say how Thor will cope with being blind for the match:

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/9498/masters4.th.jpg

Simple energy constructs can hurt Thor... a fully armoured Quasar will knock the crap out of him (Quasar is an accomplished martial artist and trained SHIELD agent)

Remembering that this time Quasar is armoured, he wont be worried about being struck with the hammer at all (especially since Thor can't see anyway)

StarsNeverFall7
So we have a sand storm to blind my team, which can be cancelled out by Thor? No blinding storm of sand.

We have Quasars bands and Thors hammer, energy absorbtion isn't going to be getting anywhere, and I never stated Thor was letting go of his hammer at all. Quasar may be better at the range, but upclose, he is outmatched in fighting ability.

If Cables arm runs on electricty where does he get it from? He plug into a outlet from time to time to get a full charge? No electricy, the EMP isn't working. On his weapons, his guns? Those don't use electricty either. Not to mention, there are shields for that. Yep, the same things your team is hiding behind. I have those too.

No where did I mention any team member using tech equipment for ANYTHING.

We have no sand blowing around due to Thor cancellation of the matter. This leaves an overly dense fog, which should have plenty of moisture in the air and enough limited visibility for Batman again to sneak around with Batgirl and some added help.

Now with a nice dense fog that should give plenty of moisture for Bobby to travel through, sort of like teleportation. This should allow him to easily move through out the fog and reform himself behind opponents to make them a good solid brick of ice and allow Batman and Batgirl to use a few well placed explosive batarangs.

SpunkySmurph
Voting for Scoobs.

He seems to have a counter for all of Stars' arguments, and more edges in general in the battle.

StarsNeverFall7
This tactic would also give Bobby the ability to span over the field quickly, as the only others who could manage this feat of covering the field with any quickness would be Quasar and Mimic along with Bobby and Thor.

jasofisc
wait are you using current iceman. ok I vote for starsneverfall I don't know how you were allowed to have him but he tips the scales for you. if he unleashes a absolute zero attack no one is going to be able to resist it. I'm not saying that iceman wins this alone but he does take every one below quasar out. Anyway good thinking by scoobs I think you debate better then stars but stars has the better team. and I personally don't think scoobs tactics will work even though they are well thought out. (also if psylock uses her psyonic knife on iceman he will encase every thing in ice with in quite the radius like he did in the mutant genesis story line)

Soljer
wait are you using current iceman. ok I vote for starsneverfall I don't know how you were allowed to have him but he tips the scales for you. if he unleashes a absolute zero attack no one is going to be able to resist it. I'm not saying that iceman wins this alone but he does take every one below quasar out. Anyway good thinking by scoobs I think you debate better then stars but stars has the better team. and I personally don't think scoobs tactics will work even though they are well thought out. (also if psylock uses her psyonic knife on iceman he will encase every thing in ice with in quite the radius like he did in the mutant genesis story line)

Iceman is very limited in this tourney.

(re) Vote - Scoobless

MightyEInherjar
Voting for Scoobless.

Great right up, great, well thought out plan, solid team, and good counters to the arguments being debated against him.

Just a question on an off note... wouldn't Batman have a mask or similar breathing device in his gear? You don't need electricity to use a gas mask, I always thought he had a little 'batmask' at his disposal.

Evangel94
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Voting for Scoobless.

Great right up, great, well thought out plan, solid team, and good counters to the arguments being debated against him.

Just a question on an off note... wouldn't Batman have a mask or similar breathing device in his gear? You don't need electricity to use a gas mask, I always thought he had a little 'batmask' at his disposal.

You don't have the necessary number of posts to qualify you to vote in this tournament. You need at least 800 posts to vote.

Scoobless
So we have a sand storm to blind my team, which can be cancelled out by Thor? No blinding storm of sand.

No he can't, at best he can create winds going in another direction but whatever he does there will be a sandstorm and none of your team are protected against it.

We have Quasars bands and Thors hammer, energy absorbtion isn't going to be getting anywhere, and I never stated Thor was letting go of his hammer at all. Quasar may be better at the range, but upclose, he is outmatched in fighting ability.

Not really ... considering Quasar will blind Thor before a punch is thrown in that fight.

If Cables arm runs on electricty where does he get it from? He plug into a outlet from time to time to get a full charge? No electricy, the EMP isn't working. On his weapons, his guns? Those don't use electricty either. Not to mention, there are shields for that. Yep, the same things your team is hiding behind. I have those too.

Of course they run on electricity... hell ... PEOPLE run on electricity

No where did I mention any team member using tech equipment for ANYTHING.

Good, because I took that option away from you.

We have no sand blowing around due to Thor cancellation

See above for why that's wrong.

Now with a nice dense fog that should give plenty of moisture for Bobby to travel through, sort of like teleportation. This should allow him to easily move through out the fog and reform himself behind opponents to make them a good solid brick of ice and allow Batman and Batgirl to use a few well placed explosive batarangs.

You seem to have forgotten that Ice-Man was limited to his pre-existing as water vapour stage for this tounrney... he gets taken out with TP/physical abuse early in the match

wait are you using current iceman.

No he doesn't, he has old style Ice-Man who is limited to his human + ice body

grey fox
Voting for Scoobless. He's winning even WITH the double teaming.

batdude123
Voting Scoobless.... his opening strategy was very intriguing.

Evangel94
Originally posted by batdude123
Voting Scoobless.... his opening strategy was very intriguing.

I always enjoy reading user responses, and getting to know what they think about the battle. Since you hardly post in any of my tournament matches lately, I would like to hear more about what you think. Which part exactly did you find intriguing?

batdude123
I always enjoy reading user responses, and would like to hear more about what you think. Which part exactly did you find intriguing?

The whole "channeling of the sun's power to create a gigantic electromagnetic pulse" part is what I found to be the most interesting of his opening strategy. The rest of his plan is rock solid and his counters for the other team are also really good. Imo, Scoobless seemed to put more perspicacious effort into his strategy.... and it paid off for him big time. wink

jasofisc
No he doesn't, he has old style Ice-Man who is limited to his human + ice body

well I would like to take back my vote for stars I just need more time to think about it now that his iceman isn't icegod

jasofisc
I haven't seen quasar do an emp. Has he even done one or is it one of those things that are infered from his powers.

King Kandy
I'm still not sure that an EMP poses as much of a threat to cable as Scoob implies it does...

B dot Rob
I'm voting for Stars based on leadership and chemistry. It's nice reading all these long winded strategies and stuff but if you don't have a real strong leader like a Batman and Cable to execute, it's short of shakey. But that's just me.

TricksterPriest
I've read up on this one. And I safely say that not only does EMP not effect human beings, but it won't affect the TO virus either. Magneto was not able to shut it down with EMP, why should this pulse do it? Still on the fence overall.

Scoobless
Originally posted by B dot Rob
I'm voting for Stars based on leadership and chemistry. It's nice reading all these long winded strategies and stuff but if you don't have a real strong leader like a Batman and Cable to execute, it's short of shakey. But that's just me.

Hawkeye led the Thunderbolts and West Coast Avengers for years, Mimic has been a good field leader in the Exiles and the rest of my team have been parts of team themselves ..... there wont be a problem with any command structure.

Originally posted by King Kandy
I'm still not sure that an EMP poses as much of a threat to cable as Scoob implies it does...

It should but even if it doesn't it will take out his weapons and teleportation capabilities.

Mimic and Psylocke working together would be more than enough to stomp Cable telepathically (remembering that his TP & TK powers are limited by tourney rules)

Physically, Cable is no match for Mimic ...... and neither is Ice-Man .... Mimic is too strong, too durable and too fast for either of these guys to beat, and the added telepathy just puts them further behind him

B dot Rob
Hawkeye sucks as a leader and a person + I don't read too much Exiles but from what I have read Mimic hasn't impressed.

King_Mungi
I have read the entire Exiles series and no joke, Mimic is a one man wrecking crew. They even nicknamed him that. He's a beast.

Scoobless
Originally posted by B dot Rob
Hawkeye sucks as a leader and a person

Not really ... and he's second only to Cap when he was in the Avengers.

Hell... he turned the Thunderbolts into a successful fighting unit within a handfull of issues of taking command.

batdude123
I've read up on this one. And I safely say that not only does EMP not effect human beings, but it won't affect the TO virus either. Magneto was not able to shut it down with EMP, why should this pulse do it? Still on the fence overall.

In a 1-1 confrontation, Magneto f*cked Cable up pretty bad...

http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xforce2537vp1.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xforce2538ku3.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xforce2539bz2.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xforce2540jn1.jpg

Blair Wind
Voting Scoobless, based on tactics, counters, and overall team.

Dont think he used or let the rest of the world know on the effectiveness of the Hawkeye's different types of trick/special arrows but alas he still wins. Overall since this is a tournament based on who DEBATED better, and not who seems to us like would win, and seeing as Scoobs presented the case in a logical, persuasive manner I have to vote for him smile

Evangel94
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Voting Scoobless, based on tactics, counters, and overall team.

Dont think he used or let the rest of the world know on the effectiveness of the Hawkeye's different types of trick/special arrows but alas he still wins. Overall since this is a tournament based on who DEBATED better, and not who seems to us like would win, and seeing as Scoobs presented the case in a logical, persuasive manner I have to vote for him smile

Obviousely it's not a popularity contest and just to clarify, the three things your supposed to consider are (in order or priority)

1. Team: Which team is stronger?
2. Write-Up: Who presented a possible logical winning strategy?
3. Debate: Who brought up points to swing the battle in their favor?

Anyone who get's at least two out of three in your mind, you should vote for.

Soljer
Obviousely it's not a popularity contest and just to clarify, the three things your supposed to consider are (in order or priority)

1. Team: Which team is stronger?
2. Write-Up: Who presented a possible logical winning strategy?
3. Debate: Who brought up points to swing the battle in their favor?

Anyone who get's at least two out of three in your mind, you should vote for.

And thus far, I think Scoob's team is stronger, his initial write up was more well thought-out and better written, and his debating strategy has been superior.

So, three out of three ain't bad.

StarsNeverFall7
So let me understand this, Cable can teleport in the E-Meta category, but Iceman can't use his powers for the same manuver? Makes no sense.

We have an EMP strategy that so far is having no effect on the team.

We have a telepath and a half attempting to tag team Cable and attack Iceman at the same time.

We have a sandstorm that I see no effectiveness in. Then there is also the point of how ANY of either team is going to cover this mass territory if they don't have flight or super speed of any kind.

None of the team protected from this "sandstorm", isn't that what forcefields are for?

Evangel94
Originally posted by Soljer
And thus far, I think Scoob's team is stronger, his initial write up was more well thought-out and better written, and his debating strategy has been superior.

So, three out of three ain't bad.

Also I forgot to add..

4. Terrain: Consider what kind and what size, Which team has the advantage in the current Terrain?

I'm trying to get every voter and poster to understand all the aspects of the battle.

Scoobless
So let me understand this, Cable can teleport in the E-Meta category, but Iceman can't use his powers for the same manuver? Makes no sense.

Ice-Man doesn't teleport ... you were told his limitations when you drafted him.

We have an EMP strategy that so far is having no effect on the team.

It's stopping Batman from using gadgets and stopping the use of any advanced weapons/teleporters

We have a telepath and a half attempting to tag team Cable and attack Iceman at the same time.

No... they are mainly focusing on Cable, Psylocke is armoured and staying back, Mimic is in the air where Ice-Man can't see him ... as soon as a decent opportunity comes up, Mimic will shatter Ice-Man ... either of these attacks would do it:

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8451/07il7.th.jpg

And before it comes up, he finds him with telepathy.

We have a sandstorm that I see no effectiveness in.

You don't? anyone who needs to breath will die ina sandstorm if they don't find some type of cover.... and anyone whose eyes aren't protected wont be seeing sh!t.

Then there is also the point of how ANY of either team is going to cover this mass territory if they don't have flight or super speed of any kind.

Quasar can carry my whole team to wherever they need to go ... Mimic can carry one or two of them as well.

None of the team protected from this "sandstorm", isn't that what forcefields are for?

How many of your team can keep up a constant forcefield? just Cable? ... and that's only when he isn't defending himself from a TP assault

Dont think he used or let the rest of the world know on the effectiveness of the Hawkeye's different types of trick/special arrows but alas he still wins.

I didn't think they'd be amazingly useful in a sandstorm.... over long range anyway.

wink

The armour gives both Hawks an edge in a fight anyway .... and they can always use the arrows as hand held weapons.

B dot Rob
I'm changing my vote based on Scoobless winning the debate.

StarsNeverFall7
So now were basing this off of a sandstorm that is supposed to effectively cover over half of the battle terrain? Just like the EMP I don't see this working too well.

On a side note this will most likely be close to my last post for this match, I won't be at home or available to a computer until monday or so.

So before it gets ended, good game scoob.

jasofisc
my vote is for stars i've been thinking and I don't think scoobs strategy works (just my opinion) and stars team has more power.

Scoobless
I don't think scoobs strategy works

Why not?

jasofisc
I just don't think the emp i going to do all that much or the sand storm or the psy attacks

Scoobless
I don't think some of you appreciate how devastating a sand storm can be.

"The storm picked up dust in a suspension with winds at speeds of over 120 km/h. Visibility was reduced to less than half a car's length,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_storm#Effects

"What's the worst way to go: being buried alive, getting struck by lightning, or being pummeled by flying debris? If you're trapped in a dust storm, you don't have to choose. Dust storms are among nature's most violent and unpredictable phenomena"

http://www.wikihow.com/Survive-a-Dust-Storm-or-Sandstorm

Batman or no Batman ... he's screwed.... same with Batgirl, Spider-Man and Deadpool.

Cable will need all his energy just to protect himself and Ice-Man will be virtually useless.

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/6261/sandstormbf2.th.jpg

This particular sand storm (dust storm) will be travelling far faster than any natural phenomenon

jasofisc
yeah but thor could counter it while cable is throwing up a force field to protect the others also if thor can't counter the winds he could just destroy the wind jets

jasofisc
ice man could also throw up an ice barrer all around them

Scoobless
He can't counter it and there's no way he's finding hudreds of wind jets while fighting Quasar..... who can add or replace jets whenever he wants.

Cable will be getting telepathically bashed while this is happening.... I already said all this... did you read it?

erm

ice man could also throw up an ice barrer all around them

So they can hide behind a stationary wall while choking to death ... then as soon as Cable is distracted Mimic smashes the wall to bits and kills Ice-Man.

Ok.... that'll do for tonight.

smile

jasofisc
He can't counter it and there's no way he's finding hudreds of wind jets while fighting Quasar..... who can add or replace jets whenever he wants.

Cable will be getting telepathically bashed while this is happening.... I already said all this... did you read it?

erm

So they can hide behind a stationary wall while choking to death ... then as soon as Cable is distracted Mimic smashes the wall to bits and kills Ice-Man.

Ok.... that'll do for tonight.

smile

I did read it and I don't buy it thor could lite up the sky with lightening so it doesn't matter how many their are. Also thor is can produce more wind then those jets and your statigy is going to be reversed.

cable can take their tp assults and then some

if the wall is all around them they wont be choking to death they will have a confined place to defend.

you have great point I just don't see them happening

Roldz
Yeah i kinda see what Jasofisc meant, Thor could blanket the battle field w/ wind and thunderstorm destroying those construct and blowing the sandstorm back toward Scoobs team, EMP wouldnt work on Cable but he does go down between the assault of the 2 tp's on Scoobs team...

Still voting for Scoobs, solid arguments...

King Kandy
The Sandstorm isn't going to do much to Deadpool... You know, healing factor and all.

StarsNeverFall7
Neither will the TP attacks on DP.

Ive posted stand ups against both the EMP and the "sandstorm" to void them out. Espically with seeing the Quasar can not construct anything during prep on my side of the field, I really dont see the " jet fans" causing ANYWHERE near that kind of sandstorm espically in consideration to the battlefields size.

Id barely put the combination of Psylocke and Mimics 50% Tp on Cables level, even with the TO virus. Not to mention a personal force field that neither Psylocke or Mimic can penetrate, and far surpassing them in arsenal and fighting ability.

We also still seem to be missing the fact of the fog on the field, psylocke and mimic trying both go after cable isn't going to leave them room to be scanning a field to tell anyone anything. This by far gives Batman and Batgirl the advantage to sneak the field and draw opportunity where ever needed to take down as many as possible.

Spider-Man could close his eyes and still fight with his Spidey sense able to mimic almost that of DD's radar. Not to mention he could easily web up a few armored lug heads to get Iced or dealt a few batarangs.

Mimic can have fun messing around with Cable, in the meantime, DP could easily take out the TP Psylocke, her TP isn't going to do anything to him, and I highly doubt her TK attacks are going to far injure him past being able to fight. Not to mention I highly doubt Psylocke or Mimic are going to be in full concentration when you have Peter and Wade, who DONT shut up.

Quasar can do his best with energy attacks and his sheild. The energy attacks are getting no where, and like his constructs, his sheild will eventually go down. In a H2H, Thor isn't letting him get the upper hand.

Evangel94
Originally posted by batdude123
In a 1-1 confrontation, Magneto f*cked Cable up pretty bad...

http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xforce2537vp1.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xforce2538ku3.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xforce2539bz2.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xforce2540jn1.jpg

I'm going to ask you to leave scans, debates, and interpretations to the competitors. Thank you.

Scoobless
I did read it and I don't buy it thor could lite up the sky with lightening so it doesn't matter how many their are. Also thor is can produce more wind then those jets and your statigy is going to be reversed.

Light isn't going to help him see through sand.

It doesn't matter if Thor does the wind thing as well .... My team all have protective suits ... your guys will still suffocate and die.

cable can take their tp assults and then some

Do you even remember the limits for the character drafting?

Cable in this tourney is nowhere near his normal power levels with or without the "god-like" status.... he's old school Jean Grey at the max ... and Psylocke matches that in telepathy.

if the wall is all around them they wont be choking to death they will have a confined place to defend.

They'd have to be completely shut off .... a full dome around them .... which just means they are all sitting targets and will be screwed when Mimic smashes their little igloo.

The Sandstorm isn't going to do much to Deadpool... You know, healing factor and all.

Healing factor is only really useful when you get a break to heal... the sand storm will be constant.... even DP will have extreme difficulty being effective with his lungs full of sand.

StarsNeverFall7
There isn't going to be a sandstorm, like Ive said before trying to use "fans" to cover over 2500 square miles with sand isn't going to happen.

Cable doesn't use that much of his power on the TO virus, it's enough to have to keep his concentration but it doesnt limit him to death. This was his limit when he was drafted, the TO virus. He shouldn't have much trouble with Psylocke and Mimic until DP takes it to Psylocke like a six year old school girl.

King Kandy
I know it isn't canon, but X-3 shows what Healing factor works like under constant attack. Phoenix kept Tearing at Wolverine, but Wolveirne healed as fast as he got hurt.

Scoobless
There isn't going to be a sandstorm, like Ive said before trying to use "fans" to cover over 2500 square miles with sand isn't going to happen.

Quasar could cover the entire planet with fans inside the prep time ... or create a fan larger than the planet (not that he'd want to)

Cable doesn't use that much of his power on the TO virus, it's enough to have to keep his concentration but it doesnt limit him to death. This was his limit when he was drafted

No, every telepath/telekinetic in the tournament (in the E-Meta category) was limited to early version Jean Grey levels ... you really need to pay more attention.

erm

I know it isn't canon, but X-3 shows what Healing factor works like under constant attack. Phoenix kept Tearing at Wolverine, but Wolverine healed as fast as he got hurt.

And if Wolverine's lungs/eye sockets/any wound had been filled up with sand which would inhibit tissue regeneration that might be relevant ... but they weren't and it's not.

King Kandy
I vote Stars, he made a great Comeback in the debate sectiopn.

StarsNeverFall7
Quasar can't cover the entire planet, why? Because he isn't allowed to do squat on my half of the field during prep time. Again a sandstorm from fans trying to cover 2500 square miles isn't happening.

The EMP isn't going to be doing anything to Cable and he should be more than capable at holding Psylocke and Mimic at bay until DP takes care of Psylocke, after that mimic gets taken out.

Spider-Mans spidey sense gives him the vision that he needs for the fog, and Batmans stealth puts him above either version of Hawkeye. As far as their sheilds, a well timed lighting attack from Thor should take care of these without much effort.

TricksterPriest
Still on the fence. Both guys are utilizing their powers and teams very well. Though Batdude's scans show off some interesting information..... that may just be Magneto's power, rather than showing that EMP can short it out.

StarsNeverFall7
Magneto can manipulate metal, an EMP effects electronics which Cables arm isnt..

Scoobless
Quasar can't cover the entire planet, why? Because he isn't allowed to do squat on my half of the field during prep time.

My god, you just can't seem to grasp any of my points.... and I've simplified everything!

Quasar CAN cover the planet ... that's all I was saying, he wont be doing it in this match because of the rules ... and that's the only thing limiting him here..... he CAN create constructs of planetary size and has done so before with energy barriers.... creating a few fans over a couple of thousand miles is so much less than a feat for him that it just seems like desperation when you question it ... the fans are in place, the sand storm is happening, half your team is choking to death ..... Instead of futilely trying to say he can't do it (even though it's ridiculously obvious that he can) why not try to come up with some sort of defence .... not that your team is capable of one.

The EMP isn't going to be doing anything to Cable and he should be more than capable at holding Psylocke and Mimic at bay until DP takes care of Psylocke, after that mimic gets taken out.

I couldn't care less if the EMP hurts Cable.... the EMP will take out all of your other tech options and that's enough ... a double team of telepathy from Psylocke and Mimic is more than enough to take out Cable ... and yes, he is limited by the tourney rules (as you seem to be constantly ignoring ... not sure if you're doing it deliberately or you're just incapable of paying attention)

DP is so over-matched by Noh-Varr that it isn't even funny .... DP goes down so fast he doesn't even get to crack a single bad joke.

Neither Cable nor Ice-Man is capable of taking out Mimic with his new TP powers.... you lose the E-Meta category ..... badly.

Spider-Mans spidey sense gives him the vision that he needs for the fog

The fog is so friggin' inconsequential during the sand storm that it isn't worth mentioning ... his spider sense will be going off constantly because his life will be in danger every second he stays out in the open.

You haven't come up with a single plan to say how your team could survive other than creating an ice barrier which is so easily taken out by Mimic that it seems like a wasted effort in the first place.

Magneto can manipulate metal, an EMP effects electronics which Cables arm isnt..

Keep focusing on that single irrelevant point ... I mean, if you think it helps you keep the focus off all the other points I've made that show how your team would lose... please .... continue.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Still on the fence. Both guys are utilizing their powers and teams very well. Though Batdude's scans show off some interesting information..... that may just be Magneto's power, rather than showing that EMP can short it out.

The EMP is one of many tactics I'm using .... I am far from dependant on it taking out Cable.

Cable can't even handle Mimic ... he's a non factor in this match.

Merry Christmas everybody!

big grin

King_Mungi
Vote goes to Scoobles, he really has covered everything.

Evangel94
I'm going to extend this match to December 26th. It will end before the "Laminator X vs Roldz" match-up.

StarsNeverFall7
You also seem to be missing the point of that none of Quasars constructs can be placed my side of the field, there isn't a sandstorm that is going to be happening. Also your attempting to use an EMP to knock out "tech" that I never brought up in the match, again a mute point.

Your fans half way up the battlefield arn't going to have much effect on the other 2,500 square miles that are on my side of the field. You are going to be far fetched from getting some death sandstorm out of that, annoying breeze maybe, sandstorm no. A fact you constantly seem to be ignoring.

You have yet to come up with something else besides these two things, which in the end do nothing.

SpunkySmurph
You also seem to be missing the point of that none of Quasars constructs can be placed my side of the field, there isn't a sandstorm that is going to be happening. Also your attempting to use an EMP to knock out "tech" that I never brought up in the match, again a mute point.

Your fans half way up the battlefield arn't going to have much effect on the other 2,500 square miles that are on my side of the field. You are going to be far fetched from getting some death sandstorm out of that, annoying breeze maybe, sandstorm no. A fact you constantly seem to be ignoring.

You have yet to come up with something else besides these two things, which in the end do nothing.

roll eyes (sarcastic) You know, I'm going to be openly hypocritical and post something in a tourney match that helps an opponent. Because, the only logical way this post will net you a win is if Scoobless goes to jump off a bridge out of frusturation.

Quasar ISN'T going to create constructs on your side of the field during prep. He knows that, he's posted that, and yet you seem to cling to that belief like it's a friggin life raft and your drowning. Which you are, metaphorically, but that nonexistant and inconsequential point is not going to save you. Quasar is CAPABLE of creating planetary sized constructs. Is he going to? No. But the fact that he is just proves that he's easily capable of making fans ON HIS SIDE OF THE FIELD that can cause a sandstorm throughout the WHOLE FIELD.

And he just made a post FULL of counter arguments that prove why you're screwed, and what you respond with is an over-used point that was useless to begin with.

However, you have the luxury of an extra day to pull off a win. Please, please don't spend it on this.

StarsNeverFall7
Considering like I said trying to use fans to create a deadly sandstorm over 2500 square miles, is highly unlikely. Theres also the factors of Thor using lighting to destroy the constructs, counter the storm, or just completely blanket the entire field in a heavy rain so there is no more sand, but yet an annoying mud.

Then theres that deadly EMP idea, which well considering I didn't bring any use of tech into the match, really did nothing.

Other than that though guess im just screwed then!

Scoobless
You also seem to be missing the point of that none of Quasars constructs can be placed my side of the field

you seem to have missed the point that I never claimed they would be on your side of the field ... at least until the match starts anyway .... if your team is miles away then I'll Quasar will just add them wherever he wants.

Considering like I said trying to use fans to create a deadly sandstorm over 2500 square miles, is highly unlikely.
The Mohave Desert is over 22,000 square miles long. Which is roughly 150 miles long and 150 miles wide. Divided in half, your team has to deal with dimensions of 150 miles long and 75 miles wide, which is roughly 11,250 square miles.

You're 75 miles away from the divide at the max .... winds of several hundred miles per hour wont have a problem carrying over that distance ... especially if Quasar keeps popping new jets into existence as he goes.

Theres also the factors of Thor using lighting to destroy the constructs, counter the storm, or just completely blanket the entire field in a heavy rain so there is no more sand, but yet an annoying mud.

Thor can't destroy things he can't find.... and after Quasar blinds him, train will be the last thing on his mind.

Then theres that deadly EMP idea, which well considering I didn't bring any use of tech into the match, really did nothing.

Preemptive strike.

_______

Nothing you have posted so far shows any way for either of your E-Meta guys to take out Mimic ... which is probably because they can't.

StarsNeverFall7
The whole rain idea, would be before the Quasar meet up. A rain that wouldn't take anymore than a mere thought.

I also missed the statement on the size of the battlefield, its not just covering winds over 75 miles, its attempting to cover 11,250 square miles with a deadly sandstorm. Its not likely to happen.

Adding them after having to already be in battle? Doubtful.

I will give the benefit of the doubt of Mimic, hes a bit much for anyone to handle by themselves as he has alot of items quickly at his disposal. Either Cable or Iceman, is mainly just to serve a purpose of keeping him busy until help arrives.

Roldz
Now im divided can i vote for both.. lol

Scoobless
Thunder/rain/lightning are normal occurrences during a sand storm ... they aren't going to make a difference.

Square mileage isn't that important ... I've layered my entire side of the divide with fans ... so they only have to get a the wind started and the wind only has to travel 75 miles from the border to cover your entire side of the field.

Ice-Man couldn't stall Mimic for 20 seconds in a fight ... maybe Cable could for a few moments ... until Mimic copies his powers and adds them to his own... then Cable is done.

This shows that not only can Mimic copy powers (as everyone knew) but when he does, he learns about the limits of the person he copied:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5593/exiles0682005oracledcp1df1.th.jpg http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7194/exiles0682005oracledcp1sj1.th.jpg

So when he copies Cable he knows exactly what he needs to do to beat him.

And half Wolverine healing + half Deadpool healing = >> Wolverine healing

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2866/exiles50thebigm0115rw8.th.jpg

I just threw that in because it shows his speed and I thought it was a sweet scan.

smile

StarsNeverFall7
And to copy Cables powers, what is he giving up?

Thunder/rain/and lighting are normal occurances during a sand storm, in a desert? I would of never of guessed that the combination of sand and water made it sand storm.

When sand is packed down with water, its not going to get blown around in sandstorm like qualities. This would be like me taking a jet engine to the beach right after high tide, the loose *dry* sand yes, the wet sand, no.

Scoobless
And to copy Cables powers, what is he giving up?

I mentioned that back in my initial write up.... it's right there on page 1.

When sand is packed down with water, its not going to get blown around in sandstorm like qualities. This would be like me taking a jet engine to the beach right after high tide, the loose *dry* sand yes, the wet sand, no.

And if it had been raining for hours then that may be a problem ... but as you've stated that Thor is causing rain as a reaction to a sand storm that already exists it isn't going to make any difference.

This is more like you spitting at the sand someone is throwing in your eyes.

DarkCrawler
Voting for Scoob.

Laminator_X
I'm voting for Stars. Scoob seems to be placing too much stock in the EMP+Sandstorm move to let him own the field without (in my opinion) laying enough foundation for it to be as effective as he wants it to be over such a large area.

(This maysound hypocritical coming from me, I know, but I prepped my trick before the surprise battlefield size jump was announced.)

Scoobless
I'm placing no stock whatsever in the EMP taking anyone out (as I have repeatedly posted)

I've also gone on to explain why Mimic could solo either of his E-Meta characters while Psylocke takes/stalemateds the other until Mimic helps her out.

Sand storm or not, Quasar is blinding Thor, I'm winning the E-Meta fights and the fact that every other character is getting body armour gives them all a big advantage over the others in their class.

no expression

Evangel94
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Voting for Scoob.

No reason, No vote.

Evangel94
Sorry for the delay everyone. Christmas time and all that.

Results

Soljier - Scoobless
Loot - Scoobless
SpunkySmurph - Scoobless
grey fox - Scoobless
batdude123 - Scoobless
King Mungi - Scoobless

Typhus - StarsNeverFall7
Jasofisc - StarsNeverFall7
King Kandy - StarsNeverFall7
Laminator X - StarsNeverFall7
B dot Rob - StarsNeverFall7
King Kandy - StarsNeverFall7

No Winner just yet:

Evangel94
I'm closing the voting to non-tournament participants for the remainder of this match. To encourage tournament participants to vote, the next tournament participant that votes will decide the match.

Blair Wind
no expression
I already voted AND gave reasons

Evangel94
no expression
I already voted AND gave reasons

Sorry, I read back and saw your vote. Didn't mean to exclude you. Christmas takes it toll on everyone I suppose.

With blair wind's vote included...

Scoobless wins in a 7 to 6 vote.

Winner: Scoobless

StarsNeverFall7 goes to the WildCard Mini-Tournament

Match Closed.

StarsNeverFall7
A blast of light is going to blind a god often associated with lighting? I don't see this. Especially with light being energy which could on the other hand also be absorbed.

Mimic yes will be a handful but so far I've heard him changing abilities more than a few different times Wolverines, Deadpools, Colossus', Cyclops', Beasts, Psylockes, taking Cables, and Northstars. Cable has fought overly strong, speedsters, TP's, etc before. His personal sheild he keep up constantly unless you were to manage to get him to bodyslide, but knocked out tech got rid of that. He doesn't have to do much except allow enough time for DP to take care of psylocke. Which seeing that her TP is going to have no effect of him, he should be able to do with some effort.

TricksterPriest
I'm going with Scoob, even though it's late. He's covered pretty much all of Star's arguements and has outpowered, and out-thought him. Game set and match Scoob.

Scoobless
A blast of light is going to blind a god often associated with lighting? I don't see this.

I find it odd that you don't see it considering I posted a scan where it already happened.

erm

Mimic yes will be a handful but so far I've heard him changing abilities more than a few different times Wolverines, Deadpools, Colossus', Cyclops', Beasts, Psylockes, taking Cables, and Northstars.

He changed twice ... he dropped Wolverine's power for Psylocke's, then Psylocke's for Cable's when he got within range.

Every other ability you listed is what he has all the time (except for Beast ... which you'd know if you had paid attention to what you read)

Cable has fought overly strong, speedsters, TP's, etc before.

Has he fought many who are much stronger than him AND much faster than him AND much more durable than him AND have high level TP AND have powerful optic blasts AND can fly AND have high level regeneration AND know about all of his powers AND have TK (after mimicking Cable's own powers) all at the same time when he has absolutely no information about them AND when his powers are limited to old school Jean Grey levels?

I seriously doubt it.

He doesn't have to do much except allow enough time for DP to take care of psylocke. Which seeing that her TP is going to have no effect of him, he should be able to do with some effort.

Sure, DP is going to "take care of Psylocke" .... where exactly did you figure Wolverine and Noh-Varr would be during that "strategy"?

Well, at least it's over now and you wont have to waste anymore time ignoring the tourney limitations on your characters.

Roldz
Good fight guys both presented quite good arguments, quite entertaining to read...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.