FF 4 Movie(First pic of SS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superbatman86
Here's the article
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0612/21/index.htm

Loot
the picture looks nice, it seems the trailoer comes out today, sweet

H. S. 6
I saw the trailer earlier while at Night at the Museum.

Put shortly, it looks awesome. And I was not that big of a fan of the first Fantastic Four.

Loot
me neither.

where did you saw the trailer?

by the way found this on the net:

"With computer-generated imagery techniques similar to those used to create Gollum in The Lord of the Rings, the slippery Surfer, voiced by Doug Jones, "will look somewhere between gun metal and fluid metallics so you can see the body motion, the breathing, the muscle tone, the mood," says Marvel Studios CEO Avi Arad."

surfer doens´t breath lol

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Loot
me neither.

"With computer-generated imagery techniques similar to those used to create Gollum in The Lord of the Rings, the slippery Surfer, voiced by Doug Jones, "will look somewhere between gun metal and fluid metallics so you can see the body motion, the breathing, the muscle tone, the mood," says Marvel Studios CEO Avi Arad."

surfer doens´t breath lol And you'd think Avi Arad would know that. What happend in the trailer?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Loot
me neither.

surfer doens´t breath lol

Before Night at the Museum.

Originally posted by Darth Martin
And you'd think Avi Arad would know that. What happend in the trailer?

Opens up with something flying towards Earth. Then you see Reed and Sue getting married, mystery thing flies above. Reed asks Johnny to go after it, chase ensues. Johnny can hardly keep up. They go under the subway, Surfer's phasing through buses, walls, etc. Johnny's amazed. Surfer simply seems mildly curious at the burning man flying behind him. They fly back out into the open. Surfer turns around, catches Johnny at the neck, and rockets upwards. They start exiting the atmosphere, and the Surfer drops Johnny (now powered down.)

That's about the size of it, put simply, of course. stick out tongue

Surfer actually looks very cool. yes

Menetnashté
I saw the trailer while at Night at the museum as well it looks awesome Reed's gonna have to bring johnny back to life though. I have no Idea how they plan to take out SS

Darth Martin
Is Galactus in it?

Wolverine2006
That trailer rocked...The Surfer is going to kick ass

Scoobless
Anyone know where the trailer can be seen online yet?

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Is Galactus in it?
No, it's more of a scene then an actual trailer.
Originally posted by Scoobless
Anyone know where the trailer can be seen online yet?
I looked for it last night but no cigar

You should all just go see night at the museum and hope it shows up in trailers

Loot

Wally West
I saw a pretty dark a low quality version of the trailer on youtube, but it still looked awesome, Surfer is gonna rock.

NoFate007
Surfer looks...uh......hm.....well, I have mixed feelings about this. SS has a very basic design, and they obviously got that down, but it just doesn't feel like it has any dimension to me. In terms of cooperation between comic book and movie, they've gotten that down to a T - though I guess they really couldn't mess up "silver naked guy" haha - but until I see him in action, it'll just feel like he's fake, like how Hulk felt.

I'm more concerned about Galactus, though. That's gonna be rough.

grey fox
Originally posted by Wally West
I saw a pretty dark a low quality version of the trailer on youtube, but it still looked awesome, Surfer is gonna rock.

Where is it ? Or to be more exact whats it's title ?

Scoobless
Originally posted by grey fox
Where is it ? Or to be more exact whats it's title ?

Or just give us a direct link.

stick out tongue

Wally West
You might want to wait for the official trailer release in a few days (I assume) as its quite dark, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wH4vbMAido

grey fox
You might want to wait for the official trailer release in a few days (I assume) as its quite dark, but:

WOW.

That was awesome. Surfer looked great and he pretty much pwned Johnny .

Loot

Thanks clap

Scoobless

eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

pr1983
watched it, and to be honest, it doesnt look half bad... the only problem i see there being is something similar to what happened with the hulk, where the cg just wasnt believable enough...

the surfer still has to walk and talk and so on...

still... its looking decent enough so far...

i've been a big surfer fan since i was a young'un, i'm really hoping it'll be good...

Scoobless
When is it getting officially released online? I really want to see a clear version.

pr1983
When is it getting officially released online? I really want to see a clear version.

me too...

jgiant
AWESOME! So far so good, i hope this isn't rushed i want some good development and fights, and a great galactus and a movie 100x better than the first, cuz that one sucked. Surfer looks incredible and was totally badass, can't wait to see what damage he causes.

roughrider
Damn, it's so murky; just have to wait for the proper trailer.

...But the still shot of him is just AMAZING. BREATHTAKING.

They do this right, all can be forgiven for the first film.

thedude1948
Wow.... I can't decide who was hotter, Jessica Alba or Silver Surfer. droolio

Wolverine2006

thanx I've been looking for that trailer ever since I saw it in theatres

Darth Martin
We need a trailer tho. That was just a scene. Got to see Galactus but so far so good.

crimsonphoenix
oooo this looks good...silver surfer and johnny droolio

Scoobless
Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
oooo this looks good...silver surfer and johnny droolio

The Surfer is a eunuch.

erm

Loot

juggernaut66666

Awesome!

crimsonphoenix
The Surfer is a eunuch.

erm First you spy on me ,now you are following me...what is next?

Scoobless
Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
First you spy on me ,now you are following me...what is next?

Probably kidnapping .... I'm still working out the details.

D-Block
Surfer looks hot

Validus
It's pretty interesting reading the reactions to this footage around the net. The number of people questioning whether or not Silver Surfer should be able to phase through objects is quite staggering.

thedude1948
Originally posted by Validus
It's pretty interesting reading the reactions to this footage around the net. The number of people questioning whether or not Silver Surfer should be able to phase through objects is quite staggering.

I was surprised when they had him phasing through things in the trailer, and with Silver Surfer in general. From the footage it seems that they are keeping Surfer very close to what we see of him comics, from the way he moved to his lesser known powers such as the phasing (I really didn't expect him to be done so well). I don't understand how anyone can be unhappy with how SS was done.

roughrider
I didn't know he could phase through objects, actually.

UniOmni

Only comicboard geeks like some of us know what he can do.

To others, he's just the guy on the board who flies and shines.

superbatman86
Brighter trailer
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/large.html

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
Only comicboard geeks like some of us know what he can do.

To others, he's just the guy on the board who flies and shines.
Of course but I'm reading that stuff on other comic sites. Guys on Newsarama are wondering why they changed Surfer's powers for the movie.

Grimm22
Looks pretty good thus far

Maybe something will actually HAPPEN in this movie unlike the first

marvelprince
Originally posted by superbatman86
Brighter trailer
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/large.html

Much much better than the one from youtube. Thank you. Movie looks awesome

roughrider
Saw the trailer from the website. The Surfer alone has me incredibly excited to see this. thumb up

superbatman86
I think they got how he and the board are connected right.

Scoobless

Actually, he doesn't so much phase as alter the molecular structure of physical objects around him so as to allow him to pass through obstacles unimpeded.

embarrasment

Xirius
yo mama.

So yeah, the trailer looked good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.