The KMC Flavor-of-the-Week Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
Well, I'm sure I'm not the only one who notices, mostly on the versus forums, the common trends that go in and out. Right now I'm noticing a lot of Despero, and the occaisional Illuminati, which is more attention then it normally gets. Probably due to the upcoming series and the newest group (which pwns all others smile )

Of course, we get these things every now and then, and people pick up on it. Somebody comes up with a good idea, people want to try him out in different situations, or they smack their heads and think "Damn, why didnt I think of that?"

So, I made this little thread to talk about the most recent trends.

I wonder who's the biggest trend-setter?

Maybe Golem... but half the time I'm too lazy to click on all his links.

Personally, in my own little world, I like to think I set all the trends.

I'll just assume you all agree.

Despero will be on the way out though, I think, as the tourney moves along.

What's next?
Discuss. cool

Lucid Lui
What's next?

The team of Impossible Man and Beak.

They'll be fighting everyone.

DigiMark007
Despero's only the current flavor because we haven't had round 3 of the drafts yet. Some new controversial (or awesome) pick will take over next week.

Heck, I think leo's current Majestic vs. Thor thread is due to me talkin' up my boy (Majestic, our 2nd round pick) in a recent PM to him.

Howard_Jones
Thanos is definately flavor of the week. Seems like everyone is rabid to find someone to beat him, and people are pissed it's not Big Blue.

Despero might be the next one, and it was Flash when I got here.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Despero's only the current flavor because we haven't had round 3 of the drafts yet. Some new controversial (or awesome) pick will take over next week.

Heck, I think leo's current Majestic vs. Thor thread is due to me talkin' up my boy (Majestic, our 2nd round pick) in a recent PM to him.

You picked Majestic? Good pick! The guy's crazy powerful!

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Thanos is definately flavor of the week. Seems like everyone is rabid to find someone to beat him, and people are pissed it's not Big Blue.

Despero might be the next one, and it was Flash when I got here.

True enough.

People like Thanos, Flash, Wolverine, Batman, etc. are always common though. It's like the KMC Comics offical flavour.

EDIT: Hah! A 'Doomsday vs. Despero' thread was JUST created.

Soljer
Funny thing is, sometimes it isn't even a flavor of the week. We'll see flavor of the days, flavor of the afternoon's, flavor of the hours. And later that same day? They'll be washed off the front page.

I was responsible for the slew of Iron Fist threads a while back - bumping older ones like crazy, just because I liked the character and hadn't seen a thread with him in a while.

DigiMark007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/434888_1-the-kmc-flavor-of-the-week-thread

no expression

And Pheonix, Flash, and Wolverine seem to make the biggest appearences. Even guys like Superman, Spidey, and Bats have steady output, but never really become "flavors"

xmarksthespot
It usually happens when either a) someone makes a new respect thread which shows a lot of high-end showings, b) a new and relatively powerful character is introduced, c) a character has just had a very high showing, d) when a character gains an upgrade, or e) a combination of the above.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Soljer
Funny thing is, sometimes it isn't even a flavor of the week. We'll see flavor of the days, flavor of the afternoon's, flavor of the hours. And later that same day? They'll be washed off the front page.

I was responsible for the slew of Iron Fist threads a while back - bumping older ones like crazy, just because I liked the character and hadn't seen a thread with him in a while.

Yeah, but those don't sound as good as 'flavor of the week' stick out tongue

Anyways, Despero has been around for a while, and garnered enough popularity to stick around, though probably until either Majestic takes over (which, judging by the most recent thread, seems likely), or until the new drafts for BD's tourney.

DigiMark007
...speaking of Despero...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/434892_1-good-villain-strength-feats

Nice thread by the way Spunky. thumb up

SpunkySmurph
...speaking of Despero...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/434892_1-good-villain-strength-feats

Nice thread by the way Spunky. thumb up

Thanks, Digi. wink

I figured, we all notice the trends, and because their changing alot, hey, iit might even last. smile

willRules
To be fair though I think the Illuminati band wagon is justified as the comic does indeed rock yes

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by willRules
To be fair though I think the Illuminati band wagon is justified as the comic does indeed rock yes

Yeah. It's justified enough. But I doubt it will last that long. Perhaps raise the Illuminati's rep/popularity more, but soon enough there will be another trend.

BD's tourney's next draft is Thursday. I bet there arre a lot of good ideas for character picks floating around.

SpunkySmurph
I'm detecting a more-then-usual amount of Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister attention.

And I'm predicting that, thanks to Evangel's latest battlescan thread, there are gonna be a new crop of War Hulk threads

Jyppe
What's up with the rising amount of Hulk fanboys?

juggernaut66666
Apoc is getting pretty popular.

invisiblewoman
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Apoc is getting pretty popular.

yeah i agree with that! i have noticed the same myself

xmarksthespot
I've never understood how a character that sucked as much as Apocalypse could still manage to garner a loyal fanbase.

invisiblewoman
yeah, there are lots of characters like that! however i think apoc has potential to be a good character just bad writing imo

DigiMark007
A vast majority of young comic readers aren't discerning enough to differentiate good writing from bad writing. Then their favorites from youth slide over into teenage years and adulthood (provided they keep reading comics) regardless of the quality of the character.

Fortunately, my favorite was Spidey from my youth (and some assorted X-Men, none of whom I like much anymore).

invisiblewoman
i am not sure i understand you fully are you saying im to young to differentiate bad writing from good?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by invisiblewoman
i am not sure i understand you fully are you saying im to young to differentiate bad writing from good?

No, it wasn't directly aimed at you or anyone else. I'm saying that's how it happens sometimes.

When I read the Onslaught saga I loved it, mainly because I had no idea of the inconsistencies and shoddy character writing of much of it. But it was a big event, caught my attention, and I thought it was cool. And I'm sure if I had tried to read it, I would have hated, say anything by Alan Moore or Neil Gaiman when I was that young.

...I can see stuff like that being the origin of many random character attachments, though it's certainly not the only way to become a fan.

invisiblewoman
i see! i misunderstood you embarrasment i get what your saying though! so you like neil gaiman? me too! sand man seasons of the mist a great read imo

SpunkySmurph
An awful lot of TMNT related threads floating around in the vs. forum...

SpunkySmurph
And a LOT of Hulk fanboyism. Theres going to be a serious backlash soon...

bigbran
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
And a LOT of Hulk fanboyism. Theres going to be a serious backlash soon... Hulk being as strong as Galactus... Hulk being able to overpower Cyttorak's enchantments on Juggy, and kill Juggernaut... Hulk killing Superboy Prime... Hulk beating Superman... Hulk being above every herald of Galactus... Hulk blowing up a planet with a punch...
Those are just off the top of my head, Hulk is only getting ruined by these fanboys.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by bigbran
Hulk being as strong as Galactus... Hulk being able to overpower Cyttorak's enchantments on Juggy, and kill Juggernaut... Hulk killing Superboy Prime... Hulk beating Superman... Hulk being above every herald of Galactus... Hulk blowing up a planet with a punch...
Those are just off the top of my head, Hulk is only getting ruined by these fanboys.

Yeah... I'm expecting there'll be a spite thread or two soon, and people will start seriously underestimating Hulk, because of all this BS.

Priest
there was a alot of Onslaught threads floating around in the past weeks, the Apoc thread were also quite annoying.

Symmetric Chaos
TMNT has been real pouplar recently

There have been a couple of character mixes too

Hulk has been big of course

Scoobless
Originally posted by bigbran
Hulk being as strong as Galactus... Hulk being able to overpower Cyttorak's enchantments on Juggy, and kill Juggernaut... Hulk killing Superboy Prime... Hulk beating Superman... Hulk being above every herald of Galactus... Hulk blowing up a planet with a punch...

Hulk >>> Despero

shifty

darthgoober
Originally posted by Scoobless
Hulk >>> Despero

shifty
Yes well...

Despero>Thor, Adam Warlock, & Space Phantom(or Silver Surfer)

shifty

DigiMark007
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yes well...

Despero>Thor, Adam Warlock, & Space Phantom(or Silver Surfer)

shifty

Hahaha...try again. Between SP and Adam, we're probably nearly as unpredictable as your team.

stick out tongue

darthgoober
Hahaha...try again. Between SP and Adam, we're probably nearly as unpredictable as your team.

stick out tongue
Yeah, nearly being the operative word. But close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by darthgoober
horseshoes and hand grenades.

...closer, but still not quite our strategy. Keep guessing though, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

stick out tongue

SpunkySmurph
I'm detecting a more-then-usual amount of Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister attention.

And I'm predicting that, thanks to Evangel's latest battlescan thread, there are gonna be a new crop of War Hulk threads

Well, I was sortof right... ermm

DigiMark007
Luckily, being on KMC has made me aware of lots of lesser-known characters. Characters that the general public has never heard of.

Because KMC has also ruined its share of characters for me. Hulk, Wolverine, and Flash, for instance, make me cringe now. It's unfortunate when good characters get ruined for others by mindless bickering.

xmarksthespot
Well, I was sortof right... ermm hmm... Nah.

long pig
Has anyone noticed the amount of Ghost Rider threads? Is it the movie?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
hmm... Nah.

Not even a little? dontgetit

Originally posted by long pig
Has anyone noticed the amount of Ghost Rider threads? Is it the movie?

I didn't before...

but now that you mention it... fear

I think it has to do with a lot of our Hulk fanboys also being GR fanboys

Galan007
Flavors of the week...

Hulk

Apocalypse
Phoenix
Ghost Rider
Darkseid
Wolvie

SpunkySmurph
Hah!

Regardless of what Xmarks says, I WAS right. There's been way more War Hulk ever since Evangel's battlescans. Granted, the fanboys egged it on a lot... but I was still right. That's all that matters.

Any new predictions?

smile

Symmetric Chaos
Been quite a bit of Midnighter recently and of course Guy222 will keep bumping random threads.

By Crom!
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Been quite a bit of Midnighter recently and of course Guy222 will keep bumping random threads.

Gnort smile is up and coming, as is Sobek!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by By Crom!
Gnort smile is up and coming

It won't become a fad no matter how much you try stick out tongue

By Crom!
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
It won't become a fad no matter how much you try stick out tongue

I suspect Gnort "A talking Dog with a GL ring could be huge on here"

smile

As for Sobek the talking crocodile, well!

smile

rock

Jyppe
I suspect Gnort "A talking Dog with a GL ring could be huge on here"

smile

As for Sobek the talking crocodile, well!

smile

rock

Zoophilia? What ever gets you off roll eyes (sarcastic) Happy Dance

On topic.

I've seen some turtles lately. smile

By Crom!
Originally posted by Jyppe

I've seen some turtles lately. smile

Ahh you've had the old "turtles head" hey? Rhino?

smile

Jyppe
Ahh you've had the old "turtles head" hey? Rhino?

smile

I see you understood my joke, but then again. I don't go around threads posting about my fetishes. cool

And, Rhino's technically a man smile I do like Catwoman though.

By Crom!
I see you understood my joke, but then again. I don't go around threads posting about my fetishes. cool

And, Rhino's technically a man smile I do like Catwoman though.

You have now smile

cool

And, Rhino's technically a man smile

It doesn't make you a bad person smile

Jyppe

It doesn't make you a bad person smile

That'd make him a furry, as he's dressed up as an animal. And, you're the one with a half naked man on your sig. Don't get lost in the closet smile

"by Crom" Is that your safeword or something?

By Crom!
That'd make him a furry, as he's dressed up as an animal.

Well it's obvious you know a lot more about this stuff than me.

smile

Jyppe
Well it's obvious you know a lot more about this stuff than me.

smile

Yup, they taught me to recognize people like you and to find suitable terms to name people like you. wink

And, you left out the part about being in closet, that means you're very familiar with the matter? cool

By Crom!
Yup, they taught me to recognize people like you and to find suitable terms to name people like you. wink

And, you left out the part about being in closet, that means you're very familiar with the matter? cool

I left out nothing smile I have no prejudice whatever floats your boat mate, you can pass your fantasies onto others, it won't make them like you.

smile Just a thought.

Jyppe
I left out nothing smile I have no prejudice whatever floats your boat mate, you can pass your fantasies onto others, it won't make them like you.

smile Just a thought.

You did quote only a part of my post numbnuts. And besides, I asked you a question, you not being able to answer it tells a lot about your true nature. cool

Please, you're the one with the animal fantazies here. I could on and on, but since you're banned it would be pointless. Just when I was getting to know you roll eyes (sarcastic)

xmarksthespot
Ick. SuperEmo Priss is back.

Galan007
Terrax. no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Galan007
Terrax. no expression

Beat me to it!

HigH ScholaR
right now its terrax

HigH ScholaR
damn someone beat me to it.

though yesterday it was warhulk

invisiblewoman
what is up with all the terrax threads all of the sudden? wacko

Scoobless
Originally posted by invisiblewoman
what is up with all the terrax threads all of the sudden? wacko

*sigh*

He had half an issue of "Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus" to himself and he blew up a planet by hitting it with his axe.

So, obviously, all the n00bs must make ten threads about it each or the sun will never rise again.

HigH ScholaR
well i kinda made this thread of terrax vs superman

and they all decieded to hype up terrax by making terrax threads, though i think it was more for laughs then seriousness

invisiblewoman
ahh i see! i was just like wow . . . okay were did all of those threads come from laughing out loud

Priest
who the hell is terrax? 131

Scoobless
Originally posted by Priest
who the hell is terrax? 131

He's like the Surfer ... but ten times cooler.

smile

Priest

smile
confused

laughing out loud

HigH ScholaR

smile

oh so thats why everybody making all thse threads about him

SpunkySmurph
I think that there should be a rule stating that characters who have more on panel hyperbole and assumptions surrounding them then actual feats (i.e. War Hulk, GEB, etc.) should be banned from fights. Or else there should be a severe lack of them.

Symmetric Chaos
hmm

Not really a flavor . . .

SpunkySmurph
Yeah, but I figured it might as well go in here. srug

What IS a flavor (a continuing one, I might add) is the complete overflow of War Hulk threads, which is imbecilic ... especially when it just ends up with the same crap being recycled again, since he only has a couple credible feat, and only one is ever really talked about.

Badabing
Yeah, but I figured it might as well go in here. srug

What IS a flavor (a continuing one, I might add) is the complete overflow of War Hulk threads, which is imbecilic ... especially when it just ends up with the same crap being recycled again, since he only has a couple credible feat, and only one is ever really talked about. dur

SpunkySmurph
Anything new, recently?

I haven't been around, so I dunno.

Galan007
Jamie Braddock
MJJ
Wanda

It's getting annoying at this point. erm

CasanoVa
Jamie Braddock
MJJ
Wanda

It's getting annoying at this point. erm

Nigga' please.

I've been fed up with those over-powered bullshit threads for over a year now, it isn't getting any less annoying.

Galan007
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Nigga' please.

I've been fed up with those over-powered bullshit threads for over a year now, it isn't getting any less annoying. Seems like there is a lot more of them right now.

It's getting ridiculous. lsd

SpunkySmurph
Is it just me, or are there a lot of movie/martial artist threads now?

Symmetric Chaos
Tons and tons of "Top 5 X in Y"

CasanoVa
Is it just me, or are there a lot of movie/martial artist threads now?

Spider-Man 3 came out not long ago, which would explain the boom in movie threads.

Martial artists? Well they're just back in style these days, simple as erm.

Validus
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Nigga' please.

I've been fed up with those over-powered bullshit threads for over a year now, it isn't getting any less annoying.
thumb up

Mr Master
MJJ/Fury has popped up more than most as of late,

Jamie is gaining ground though,

Wanda has been over exposed for far too long.

SpookySmurph
Battlezone seems to be extremely popular lately...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Firestorm
Battlezone

SpookySmurph
Not really Firestorm.

More so than usual, but not a real theme.

willRules
Hopefully these guys will be getting more spotlight in the upcoming months.....

http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=26305&mode=search

Although I'm enjoying these guys at the moment......

http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=26047&mode=search

Galan007
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Firestorm Haven't most of the Firestorm related threads been made by you? umm

SpookySmurph
Haven't most of the Firestorm related threads been made by you? umm Exactly.

StylishSmurph
WWH...

batdude123
SMP
Monarch

skyfather
spite threads

Capt Spaulding
alot of Captain Spaulding Threads on the rise as of late, mhmm

Inhuman
Getting sick and tiered of all the damn Banshee threads

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Inhuman
Getting sick and tiered of all the damn Banshee threads laughing out loud

Galan007
Definitely not Punisher /w/ a GL ring + prep. none

guy222
Frank Castle easily

Eel O'Brian
Still WWH... erm

Seems to be a staple now.

guy222
Trion Juggs

DigiMark007
Watchmen trailer in front of DK = Watchmen thread overload. As I saw the trailer, I chuckled to myself thinking about the inevitability of it. Like watching a rat pull a lever.

~The Wickerman~
Watchmen trailer in front of DK = Watchmen thread overload. As I saw the trailer, I chuckled to myself thinking about the inevitability of it. Like watching a rat pull a lever.

Totally. Only wish people would read the comics before starting ridiculous threads though, the inevitable rorscharch vs. punisher is bound to happen sad

Soljer
Expecting to see a rush of Joker threads.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Totally. Only wish people would read the comics before starting ridiculous threads though, the inevitable rorscharch vs. punisher is bound to happen sad

Right. The Watchmen clearly isn't about power levels anyway. Focusing on that aspect of it cheapens the work. And even if we make it such, it's 12 issues. For any other character, we'd ignore them because they wouldn't have enough showings to justify a placement.

Originally posted by Soljer
Expecting to see a rush of Joker threads.

Scoobless
Been quite a few Hellboy threads recently.

guy222
trion threads dying down

Galan007
i can't believe red hulk (rulk dur) threads haven't popped up yet.

Boy Blue
I've seen a few, but I would have expected many more by now.

guy222
Rulk

Digi
Clyde Wyncham.

leonidas
growing gauntlets . . . shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.