Who and what makes them your favorite?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StarsNeverFall7
I've noticed alot of people have different favorites, well aside from the fanboys. stick out tongue

I've asked a few friends and they never give me a straight answer, when I ask who their favorite is and why, so I figured I'd ask KMC.

Who is your favorite and why?

Mine would personally have to be Deadpool. Aside from the awesome costume, I find he doesn't fit into the cliche "Superman" genre of heroes/characters. Completely insane, is in love with death, ability to say some of the funniest things in the world, fighting ability, and his obsessions with chimichangas and the olsen twins always make for an interesting read. And his ability to break the forth wall for me anyways really sets his comics out from the rest....

DigiMark007
Most you can't really pinpoint....it's hard to say. There's just something about them.

For me:
Spidey - Not really sure. I guess I see a lot of myself in Pete's personality.
Alan Scott - I dunno....cool costume? I like green, but that's not really a reason.
The Tick - Annoying in the most hilarious way possible.
He-Man: Meh, I dunno. Boyhood nostalgia maybe.
The Doctor (Jeroen) - He's an environmentalist hippy. If I had world-altering matter manip, I'd probably be a lot like him (minus the drugs, but including the ridiculous get-up and disdain for conventional society).

Lucid Lui
Chamber.

Typical british punk loving kid. His mutant abilities blow half his face and chest off and he takes it how most people would; bad. Joins up with some fellow freaks in Gen X and the story goes from there. He's a cool character that i relate to alot. I wish Brian K Vaughn would write him again someday.

Oh, and that underwater guy is a fav of mine aswell.

Martian_mind
Jonn,i like pointy heads?
Bill,i love the idea of a talking horse with the powers of a god
nightwing,loved him as robin in the cartoon and it carried on.

Entity
Spiderman- The reason he was made for, This is who you would be if you gained superpowers and actually did use them for good. You would bust your ass everyday and get nothin but, addional crap for it.

Kyle Rayner- He wasn't Hal Jordan at all, that to me is great. Cause to me Hal is Clark minus the superpowers with a GL ring. Also this was a kid that had no training, no experiance what so every, great fear, and he still came out a better GL than Hal ever was. Everyone always goes on about how Hal lives without fear. SO WHAT? What do you accomplish by not having anything holding you back. It is by far much greater to me to overcome great fear like Kyle than have no fear like Hal.

Nightwing- The man who will be Batman! OK, maybe he won't take the name but you better believe one day he will more or less totally take the mantle after Bruce can't anymore. Plus I always loved Robin more than Batman for some reason. Don't know why but, when I found out someone else was Robin I didn't give a shit about Robin anymore, then I found out who Nightwing was!!!

Howard_Jones
Beta Ray Bill - Amazing fighter, very noble and proud, and extremely heroic. He threw himself in front of Galactus with a lack of self-confidence, and knowing that one of Galactus' creations throttled him once (Tyrant) and still damaged him severely. He also fought Stardust and put everything into it, and tried to talk down people who want to kill him on more than one occasion. The guy is flat out amazing.

Venom - The guy who wants to do good with his life, but is bogged down by the sins of his past. I also like how this guy is extremely unconpromising, and has the attitude of "if you know it's wrong, and you're doing it anyway, you had better be ready to face me in a dark alley."

Super Guy
I honestly just like some characters and don't know why...

Daredevil- he's such an original hero. The way he overcomes his blindness and becomes a hero is pretty damn cool... and he generally ends up fighting the mob. He doesn't jump around battling guys n goblin suits who commit cxrimes forthe hell of it, he fights crime lords and assasins...

Batman- C'mon, it's Batman... plus, I was raised on him...

The entire Ultimates team- Damn, the Ultimates are just awesome. They aren't really heroes, hey're hard-ass soldiers, and for them, the end justifies the means.

Rewmac
Superman - He is the most noble man I feel to be a hero. His personality his leadership along with his abilities. Plus he is classic, I grew up on him...

Wallace "Wally" West the Third Flash - He is my favourite speedster and I love his stories. I just like how his life turn upside down sometimes....

Cable - I like is abilities and the all time "I'm tough" look in his eyes big grin And he had a big hell of a gun...

Batman - Like Super Guy said...C'mon it's Batman

Colossus - Liked the abilities first time and way that his body goes to organic steel. I'm not much for his stories they never focus it on him. So the strenght.

Nate Grey - I liked the way he changed through the 75 issues of his own series. I loved his abilities...

Kyle Rayner : Mostly coz to me he is the coolest Lantern also very powerful...And the outfit rocks big grin

Alfheim
Captain America. Well what it boils down to is that he is a hero in its purest form. Its not really about his powers eventhough I have a tendency to like martial arts characters.

This is why in the Ultimate Universe it seems I prefer Ultimate Thor to Ultimate Captain America. Eventhough Thor is capable of doing a lot of damage he is kind and compassionate.

Yeah I wish Captain America had more powers but a heroes morals are the most important thing to me.

I think Captain America was the first comic I ever read ( first hero comic maybe), I wasnt even able to read then. I was in my mother's push chair. I just remember seeing the comic cover and eventhough I wasn't able to read it I could see he was supposed to represent some high ideal.....I think im going to cry.

inamilist
Green Goblin (Urich) - My favorite comics from when I was a kid, and even today still witty and just as enjoyable. Phil never wanted to be a hero, just some kid who came accross the GG's old warehouse. I really enjoyed the character because he was into the hero buisnuess for kicks and hardly a professional. Reminds me a lot of what I think I would do if i got a bunch of powers.

Man-Thing - What is there to say. adventures into fear, v1 and v3 were some of the best stories I have ever read, and the majority were made over 20 years ago. The book deals with everything from racism to bullying, though from the perspective of a creature with no ability to form consiousness. So amazing.

Alfheim
Originally posted by inamilist

Man-Thing - What is there to say. adventures into fear, v1 and v3 were some of the best stories I have ever read, and the majority were made over 20 years ago. The book deals with everything from racism to bullying, though from the perspective of a creature with no ability to form consiousness. So amazing.

Thats deep.

Scoobless
Iron Man - Even when he's being a d!ck he's still the coolest guy in any room and the armour always looks good.

Thor - Thou doth must love the manner in which he speaketh.

<you have to love the way he speaks> - (translated from ancient geekish)

Invincible - Still relatively new to me but there's not one thing I don't like about his series.

Deadpool - Consistently funny

Guy Gardner - Green Lantern power, weilded by a dickhead ... what more could you ask for?

Alfheim
Originally posted by Scoobless
Iron Man - Even when he's being a d!ck he's still the coolest guy in any room

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Hes a womaniser isnt he?

Darth Martin
Batman- He's uber cool. Inspiration to all superhero and people alike. He get the job done better than anyone in the buisness and is a regular human with no powers. Always makes an interesting read. He gets all the cool gadgets, hot girls, and tight cars. Straight gangsta. Has a cool costume and a infamous unique utility belt. All kinds of ways for transportation. Uses cool martial arts and pressure points. He has spawnes alot of side-kicks and has some of the coolest villains including the best comic-book villain........The Joker. Those are some of the reasons why bats is my favorite.

Howard_Jones
I forgot one (Warning! Massive Superman hate ahoy!)

Captain America - He is the ideal American. I know people will claim Superman is teh ieadal ameircan lolz!!11! but that's just not the case. Superman is, for all intents and purposes, a Jesus wannabe with wardrobe by Liberachi. Every time he does something, it's time to strike a pose, and to quib a Dolph Lundgren line, "Jesus time."

Now, for Cap, he's a super-soldier. He volunteered for a project that had prior failures, and was lucky it worked. Then he's frozen in an ice floe after saving the US, and joins the Avengers right out of the mix. He has always gone out of his way to make sure that he's among the average folk of America. He also is the first to throw himself in front of danger, with shield or without, and he doesn't have any invulnerability to speak of. He's the man.

and he doesn't surrender, alternate universe or 616.

marvelprince
Spider-Man: Very first set of comics I read. I got Maximum Carnage and saw that even though he was really hurt he fought on to stop Carnage. Really showed me being a hero was all about. Especially since the public didn't like him and his own relationships were a mess because of his secret. Also he was a smart guy, was funny and not too powerful. Everything I like rolled up into one package with a secret identity that somewhat mirrored my life.

Batman: No powers, and yet he still fights. Why? In the end it boils down cause he doesn't want another child to lose their parents the way he did.

Daredevil: The man has experienced so much loss (his sight, his father, girlfriends, his secret identity) and still fights to save the city he loves. If that doesn't make a hero I don't know what does.

DarkCrawler
Namor. I like the personality, powers and past. He's one of the unique and oldest characters in comics, yet has been able to stay cool.

Batman. I just think he is cool. The way every other superhero is intimidated by him (except Nightwing I guess) and the "urban legend" status he has...I think it is just sweet.

Entity
Originally posted by marvelprince
Spider-Man: Very first set of comics I read. I got Maximum Carnage and saw that even though he was really hurt he fought on to stop Carnage. Really showed me being a hero was all about. Especially since the public didn't like him and his own relationships were a mess because of his secret. Also he was a smart guy, was funny and not too powerful. Everything I like rolled up into one package with a secret identity that somewhat mirrored my life.

Batman: No powers, and yet he still fights. Why? In the end it boils down cause he doesn't want another child to lose their parents the way he did.

Daredevil: The man has experienced so much loss (his sight, his father, girlfriends, his secret identity) and still fights to save the city he loves. If that doesn't make a hero I don't know what does.

Yea they are all three great picks. This kinda reminds me of my Uncle Ben vs Thomas Wayne vs Jack Murdock thread to see which really had the greatest impact on the hero they spawned.

Now that I think of it more, as much as I love and defended Uncle Ben I actually think Jack might have infulenced Matt even more than the other two.

Yea, Daredevil is another favorite of mine. And the movie rocked even thou no one really went to see it.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by marvelprince

Daredevil: The man has experienced so much loss (his sight, his father, girlfriends, his secret identity) and still fights to save the city he loves. If that doesn't make a hero I don't know what does. Word! smokin'

inamilist
Originally posted by Alfheim
Thats deep.

ya, I think so

a lot of it is more fantasy and cheesy funny stuff, but when Gerber was on, best writer ever! The weirdest insights.

Super Guy
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
I forgot one (Warning! Massive Superman hate ahoy!)

Captain America - He is the ideal American. I know people will claim Superman is teh ieadal ameircan lolz!!11! but that's just not the case. Superman is, for all intents and purposes, a Jesus wannabe with wardrobe by Liberachi. Every time he does something, it's time to strike a pose, and to quib a Dolph Lundgren line, "Jesus time."

Now, for Cap, he's a super-soldier. He volunteered for a project that had prior failures, and was lucky it worked. Then he's frozen in an ice floe after saving the US, and joins the Avengers right out of the mix. He has always gone out of his way to make sure that he's among the average folk of America. He also is the first to throw himself in front of danger, with shield or without, and he doesn't have any invulnerability to speak of. He's the man.

and he doesn't surrender, alternate universe or 616. my crap computer won't do the link properly, but I'm guessing that's the thing from Ultimates... "Surrender? Do you think this letter on my forehead stands for France?" or whatever...
Ultimate Cap is awesome...

Super Guy
Originally posted by Entity
Yea they are all three great picks. This kinda reminds me of my Uncle Ben vs Thomas Wayne vs Jack Murdock thread to see which really had the greatest impact on the hero they spawned.

Now that I think of it more, as much as I love and defended Uncle Ben I actually think Jack might have infulenced Matt even more than the other two.

Yea, Daredevil is another favorite of mine. And the movie rocked even thou no one really went to see it. Meh, the theatrical cut of Daredevil was OK... the DC was awesome...
And I reckon Jack DID influence Matt more than Ben or Wayne to Pete/ Bruce res

NiņoAraņa
Spider-man, because pete was me when he was a nerd...i'm still waiting on my dammed radioactive spider tho...mad

Entity

StarsNeverFall7
Id have to say that Batman is pretty high up on my list, was always a favorite of mine as a young lad and still is. His not having any super powers of any sort and yet he will fight ANYONE at the drop of a hat really sets him superior to a lot of characters.

Scoobless

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Scoobless
It's a magic Spider ... everyone knows that.

stick out tongue eek! wait, i have one of THOSE! it's like a magic mushroom right??

pr1983
Cyclops - I have pretty much the same personality as him, and the similarities scare even me, but i can relate to him, so yeah... plus he's a badass, a natural leader, and he makes tough decisions that some people just wouldnt be capable of...

Superman - The man who sets the standard for what a superhero is imo... Inspiring, fearless, the guy may get tagged as a boyscout more often than not, but i dont think the people in metropolis give a damn as long as he's there to save them, which he pretty much always is...

Colossus - He's the complete antithesis of what a comic strong-man is, he's sensitive, dislikes violence and has a heart as big as anyone's... imo he's the best example of a kinight in shining armour that i've seen...

Wally West (The Flash) - Fought tooth and nail to save his wife, even when things looked pretty hopeless, the guy deserves props for doing the things he does...

Loot

Mindship
Silver Surfer - utterly unique in appearance and style with a heavy origin. There's no costume: he is a being of space, of great power, yet a peacenik to the end. Hell: he flies standing up.

Superman - he is the modern archetype for the Hero in all of us.

Hulk - simple idea, simple powerset, major catharsis.

Loot
Originally posted by Mindship
Hell: he flies standing up.

Exactly

Pure Poison
Poison Ivy:
*She was based on my favourite idol Bettie Page.
*She makes the colour green look good
*Red hair is considered sexy on woman
*She makes you realise that beig bad is so much better than being good.

Huntress:
*She is Italian
*Batman has a soft spot for her
*Look good in latex.

Batman
*You can be a super hero and not actually have powers
*Love the way his arse is captured in that suit.

The Punisher
*He is Italian
*Proves that you dont need to have super powers to be a hero.

Newjak
Juggernaut: Loved this guy even as a kid. I mean come on he literally thrashed so many good guys and it always requires some Plot Device to beat him.

Colossus: He just seems to fit my whole persona. Being big strong and a good hearted person.

Superman: Who doesn't want to be Superman or like him

Batman: The guy is epitome of everything a human can do.

willRules
Spider-man = the every man. He's nice guy who gets a lot of bad stuff come his way. You can easily feel for the guy.

Ultimate Cap and 616 Cap = I never liked 616 Cap until a couple of years ago when I started getting into Brubaker's trades, I now think cap is fantastic and his story lines are great (Plus Winter soldier = rock my socks!) Ultimate Cap is cool cos we already have some expectations of him and these were rocked by Ultimate Cap. He is just so cool. If someone's getting on your nerves, beat the heck out of em philosophy, he's a jerk which is cool.

Deadpool/Agent X = great humour

Batman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Daredevil = love the whole father, son thing going on with Batman and Nightwing and the rest are really cool for not having powers/having limitations but being heroes.

Xavier = I like the character because of the whole appearances are deceiving thing he had going on where he was seen to be a harmless disabled chap who is actually one of the greatest telepaths and one of the greatest human minds on the planet yes

Symmetric Chaos
Metron, Yuki, Gandalf etc: I'm really not sure. I've just always loved the powerful cryptic character archetypes.

Hulk: As a kid I really identified with both Banner and Hulk.

Flash: One of the greatest powers ever. I guess the Flash sort of played to frustration at not being able to get everything done.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Entity
Dido, but I've been waitin for over a decade so,I'M FIRST GET IN LINE! mad

You guys wait for the spider all you want. In the meantime, my daily prayers to the totem god of spiders will not go unnoticed.

Also, Superman's just so damn...I dunno...status quo? Despite everyone's reasoning, I could never warm up to him.

pr1983
Originally posted by DigiMark007
You guys wait for the spider all you want. In the meantime, my daily prayers to the totem god of spiders will not go unnoticed.

Also, Superman's just so damn...I dunno...status quo? Despite everyone's reasoning, I could never warm up to him.

your loss... stick out tongue

nah, he's an acquired taste...

nice siggy...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by pr1983
your loss... stick out tongue

nah, he's an acquired taste...

Apparently Rew enjoys the taste.

Originally posted by Rewmac
Superman - ... I grew up on him...

sick

Grimm22
The Thing: I have a lot in common with the character and he's someone I can connect too. I guess you could say that I try too follow through his example and deal with the hand life gives you.

Captain America: If the Thing is a character I relate too, Cap is the guy I aspire to be. He sets the example on what is right and wrong, and yet at the end of the day he's still just a man. He is solid proof that one man CAN make a difference.

Ult. Spider-Man: I always liked 616 Spidey, but I could never really relate to him. When I started reading Bendis' update to the character, I completely understood what Peter went through. A lot of the crap that happens to Peter, I can understand, because i've been there too.

The Flash (Wally West): He's probably the first DC character I really liked. I had read some Batman and Superman, but I never really thought they were that cool. I picked up an issue of Geoff John's run on the Flash and I was hooked. He's cool because he's probably the most human out of all of the heroes to me. I mean, Batman is a millionaire who scares people, Superman is an invincible guy who flies above everyone, but Wally is a mechanic who runs with the rest of us (as Geoff Johns put it)

pr1983
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Apparently Rew enjoys the taste.

sick

laughing

i wrote this more detailed one a while back, i'll include it here...

MARVEL: (all 616 btw)

Cyclops:

(Recycling some stuff i'd used before)First of all i identify with him the most, as i have a very similar personality to his. he's not popular and doesnt try to be, he just gets on with it and does things how he likes. and as leader of the x-men, when it comes down to it, he'd be the one to decide who lives or dies, he makes the tough decisions, and has the conviction to carry them through. That takes more balls than people realise. The guy has been through hell also, with jean continually dying, sending his son to the future just so he wouldnt die. It takes character to keep doing what he does day in day out. and i admire that. wolverine'd get everyone else killed if he tried to do cyclops' job. I mean, how hard it is to live every day knowing that something as simple as looking at the person you love would kill them... and that was before his much hailed 'badassness' in the recent astonishing x-men... for me all they've done is improve an already brilliant character...

Colossus:

The complete antithesis of the 'strong guy' character, he manages to be a more developed, more interesting character (at least to me). he's intelligent and thoughtful, and he's exactly how i'd be as a brick character in a team: a gentle giant 90% of the time, but f*ck with me or the people i care about and god help you...

Silver Surfer:

Silver Surfer was one of the first comics i ever read (back in the mid-late 80s), and was also one of the few regular comics i collected. He's the purest form of the thinking man's superhero. Force for him is a last resort, but when he does have to resort to it, he's a major force to be reckoned with (though everyone knows that).

Hank Pym:

Hmm, i've always liked Hank Pym, and sometimes i don't know why... beating Jan (another of my favourite characters), his siding with Reed and Tony during CW (even though i can see why he did it), that stuff should make me hate him, and yet i don't... i don't know, maybe i just love the idea of a geek growing to be 50 foot high and being able to headbutt sentinels...

Hawkeye:

You honestly have to ask? He's hawkeye...

DC:

Superman:

I like him because the guy has felt like an outsider his whole life and yet he still would give up his life for these people. most people would consider superman to be a boyscout or a weakling for following earths laws, but i don't, it just shows a great humility that alot of so called 'heroes' don't possess. He's Superman, if i was in a tight spot he's the one hero i'd want in my corner. There's so much i could say about Superman, but it'd take forever. He's still the benchmark imo as far as being a hero is concerned.

Flash (Wally West):

I grew up not reading alot of the Flash, in fact most of my knowledge of the Flash came from the TV show back in the 90s. So i was surprised when i finally sat down and read Geoff Johns' run on Flash, and i realised just how great the Flash was (Wally in particular, just personal preference). It's very rare that a good superhero comic can have genuinely good romantic themes, and yet Johns (and Waid, who's terminal velocity was simply breathtaking, thanks for the recommendation Validus big grin) pulls it off brilliantly. Considering how much i hate Lois Lane, Linda Park is one of the few superhero girlfriends i actually like, and the relationship between Wally and her is one of the best written relationships in all of comics...

Hal Jordan:

(Really flew up the list here, i'd have never considered him six months ago) Being fairly new to Green Lantern (and most of DC that isnt Superman or Batman), the first GL issue i read was Rebirth, and i have to say i liked it alot. Once i'd read it i went back and read up on some of the characters, and at one point John Stewart was my favourite, and he stayed that way until about a month ago. I was in my usual comic shop and i happened to notice Green Lantern #16, with art by Ivan Reis. Ivan Reis to me is one of the best artists atm, his work on Superman a while back was nothing short of brilliant. I actually picked the issue up purely because i knew Reis' art was bound to be good, but then i noticed once i sat down to read it that Geoff Johns was on writing duty (he of action comics and rogue war fame, at least to me). Once i read through it i read it again. And again. Johns and Reis have, in my opinion, been writing one of the best if not THE best DC title of the last year or so (yep, i picked up the back issues of the Johns/Reis run, and am anxiously awaiting the next one). Jordan as a character can come across as being slightly too patriotic at times, but given his military background, thats understandable, and makes for a more deeply layered character. He's finally getting over the Parallax thing too, and embracing superhero life again... can't wait for the Sinestro Corps...

Wonder Woman:

Not so long ago i viewed Wonder Woman entirely based on the Linda Carter tv show of long ago (which i adored btw), and then i came to KMC, and my opinion wasnt really changed, until a certain member (you know who you are) came along and blew everything i thought i knew about WW out of the water. While i liked her indiviual series enough, it was her appearences in JLA and Superman comics that appealed to me, and made me love the character. She's the perfect foil for Bruce and Clark (her embracing her godly powers, while clark views his with more humility, and bruce sees powers as something that could at any time go terribly wrong), and the Max Lord thing (which i did agree with, guy had to die imo), showed incredibly deep the relationship within the trinity is... and when drawn by Ed Benes, she's probably the hottest woman in existence... i can't help it, i like woman who can be strong and feminine at the same time...

Red Tornado (t'was a toss up between him and Mr. Terrific):

I know very little about him as a character, and to be honest the first time i saw him was in the JLU series, but instantly i was intrigued, and did what i could to find out as much as possible. I love the fact that he's a man in a machine's body, its incredibly tragic that he can love someone so much and yet never be able to feel what alot of people take for granted. His powers are pretty awesome too, in JLA, what he did to Grundy cemented his badass status for me...

Dinalfos
A few random pics:

Spiderman: he's essentially a nice, fuzzy guy who's being put through some horrible tests of life. He's matured a lot over the years, without ever losing what makes him Peter Parker, the timid science nerd. He can be both a hero and a bit of a coward (sometimes). He's often inventive and decisive, but sometimes he just doesn't know what to do. He can be cheerful, but he can do the brooding SOB-thing just as well as any of the so called "dark" characters. He's simply more diverse, more ambiguous and, to me, more interesting than characters like Batman. The learning curve is much steeper (and more complex) for good people that have bad shit happen to them than for people that already love to sit in the dark and be "badass" all the time, imo.

(And people really need to stop using the relatability argument, imo. I'm sure it works for some, but it's not what makes Spidey a great character.)

Iron-Man: when generally unsympathetic, overly capitalist pigs decide to do "what's right", interesting stuff will happen. Period. Also, Iron Man just looks cool.

Spawn: He's got the looks, the character, the powers and the stories. Well, most of the time. And he does the brooding SOB-thing much, much better than Batman!

Hulk: Born from a simple (but intriguing) concept, gradually developed into something unique. He's also the only character in Marvel who can actually get away with drastic changes in personality and behaviour all the time, imo. In fact, they make perfect sense. The biggest downside is that most writers aren't interested in realizing Hulk's full potential as an object of the mind. They just make him smash and say stupid things. I guess that's one way to look at it.... confused

Basco15
My favorite hero is "The Ghost Who Walks,The Man Who Cannot Die,The Guardian Of The Eastern Dark."Yeah, you don't know who it is.It is The Phantom,the original hero.He is the first ever hero.He was also the first to wear a skin tight uniform,and the first to wear a mask with no visible pupils.He has no powers,but relies on wits,experience,and his 2 .45's.He is the original hero that started the superhero craze,also he had a cave for his lair before anyone else.I also remember watching The Phantom movie before I could even read,I watched that movie over and over again.

nimbus006
Ronan- Hardcore, no bullshit type of character. He's an Accuser and doesnt care what price he has to pay to get his job done. His powers are extremely versatile and he speaks and looks like a bad ass.

Silver Surfer- This guy has been one of my favorites since i was 8 collecting Marvel trading cards. I just loved his look and that he was so powerful. However, after reading him i grew to love the character even more. His unconditional compassion for all life is so incredible. He always has cool intelligent things to say. Theres also something about a guy who travels space alone saving people that appeals to me.

Disappear
daredevil: there's nothing i've read involving daredevil that's turned me from the character. his stories are continuously intriguing, his villains are arguably better than most heroes', and the thread of writers handling him over the past several years have been top of the line.

i'm sure there are tons of others i'm forgetting, but i'll get to them eventually.

Faceman
Originally posted by Disappear
daredevil: there's nothing i've read involving daredevil that's turned me from the character. his stories are continuously intriguing, his villains are arguably better than most heroes', and the thread of writers handling him over the past several years have been top of the line.

i'm sure there are tons of others i'm forgetting, but i'll get to them eventually.

Daredevil rules !!

charlemagne9746
Mine would deifinetly be superman...hell...i remember when i was a kid...i had this superman action figure. Hell, I played with that toy all the time(and no...it's not supposed to be a damn sexual innuendo...lol).

I was playin' with it outside one day...and my damn dog came over and ate my superman cape...he licked it straight up from the back of supes'...and swallowed it. Damn I was pissed. well, I waited a day or two...fished through all of his shit in the yard until i found the right pile. I saw Supes' cape stickin' through this nasty turd...lol. well, i fished it out...put it in the washin' machine...and it was back on supes' in no time

I'll never forget that...lol. I don't know why he's my favorite...i just grew up watchin' him on t.v...and read a few of his comics back in the pre-crisis days.

Faceman
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Mine would deifinetly be superman...hell...i remember when i was a kid...i had this superman action figure. Hell, I played with that toy all the time(and no...it's not supposed to be a damn sexual innuendo...lol).

I was playin' with it outside one day...and my damn dog came over and ate my superman cape...he licked it straight up from the back of supes'...and swallowed it. Damn I was pissed. well, I waited a day or two...fished through all of his shit in the yard until i found the right pile. I saw Supes' cape stickin' through this nasty turd...lol. well, i fished it out...put it in the washin' machine...and it was back on supes' in no time

I'll never forget that...lol. I don't know why he's my favorite...i just grew up watchin' him on t.v...and read a few of his comics back in the pre-crisis days.

Hell after going threw that he'd better be your favorite.... eek!

guy222
Originally posted by Faceman
Hell after going threw that he'd better be your favorite.... eek!

Guy admires Living Tribunal and Celestials. Majestic and powerful

willRules
Originally posted by charlemagne9746

NO WAY! eek! sick

pr1983
Originally posted by Basco15
My favorite hero is "The Ghost Who Walks,The Man Who Cannot Die,The Guardian Of The Eastern Dark."Yeah, you don't know who it is.It is The Phantom,the original hero.He is the first ever hero.He was also the first to wear a skin tight uniform,and the first to wear a mask with no visible pupils.He has no powers,but relies on wits,experience,and his 2 .45's.He is the original hero that started the superhero craze,also he had a cave for his lair before anyone else.I also remember watching The Phantom movie before I could even read,I watched that movie over and over again.

I really miss Defenderd of the Earth... i used to have all the figures...

janus77
don't really have a particular favourite. if pushed to choose, I'd say Hulk purely because I like the Banner/Hulk split-persona and the idea that he's got no real interest in being a 'hero', rather just getting away from situations where his rage and emotional volatility will cause catastrophic results. also, Hulk is immensely fun to read, when he's in "Hulk smash" mode or, as now, with battle strategies, wits and cunning allied to godly power.

generally, my favourite characters are:
Batman - diligent, ungodly focus and discipline, cunning, strategy, toys, Catwoman smile. very interesting material.
Punisher - ruthless, vengeful and devastating, yet mortal and unassuming.
Flash - speeeeeeeeed and no superhero pretensions, just does what he can.
Silver Surfer - awesome powers and cosmic life... cool.
Doom - like Batman + Punisher 'cept with a particular boner for the FF. probably would be Earth's last resort if anything hideously powerful arose to threaten the planet. noble too, in his own way.
Wonder Woman - to be honest, I could never focus on the words confused.

Yo Mom loves it
{edited for inappropriate content}

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.