Jews got a bum deal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pcookierocks
if jesus knowingly came down to earth to die for humanity's sins, and someone had to help him do it (unless of course you condone suicide), why aren't christians praising the jews for having helped him out?

can you imagine what a creek jesus would have been up if the mob hadn't chosen barabbas.

Evil Dead
came down to earth? I thought he popped out of Mary's vagina.

Templares
Your post reminds me of the Gospel of Judas. In it, God used Judas Iscariot as an instrument to save mankind from its sins by betraying Jesus.

debbiejo
Yeah, instead of praisng the Jews they call the Jews Christ killers..........Started by the RCC though.

Gregory
Started by the Bible, where the Jews accept the blame on themselves and on their descendents.

grey fox
Originally posted by Gregory
Started by the Bible, where the Jews accept the blame on themselves and on their descendents.

Thats just un-family like , sure accept it when you make a f*ck up your-self but don't drop the blame on your descendants.

debbiejo
The Jews were called Christ Killers The Jews never killed the Christ. They voted, if that story is true, killed a man...And because they wouldn't take the blame for the fable of this Christ, as they still know it to be a fable today, the Church which had all the power a few centuries later placed that label on them.

If Jesus needed to die, like all the other fables attached, then the Jews should be praised. But then Jesus came to die, so he committed suicide, but then again he was sent to die, so his dad committed murder, or then again, it was because of you that he came, so You are the murderer..But if God was god, and knowing all things, he would of never put that tree there.......Unless god likes to play chess and we are only pawns anyway.

Was Jesus crucified for breaking the law of the Hebrews, by healing the sick and comforting the poor on the Sabbath. Is this the source of anti-Semitism?

Actually, that's not true at all. It is true that Christians typically make the these claims as reasons why Jesus was crucified, but are not the actual credible claims made `"in scripture."

Assuming that he really was crucified at all, the gospels show that he was crucified (not a Jewish, but a Roman punishment reserved exclusively for those guilty of crimes against the empire), in accordance with Roman (not Jewish) laws, by Romans (not Jews), for breaking a Roman (not Jewish) law forbidding sedition against the Roman Empire.

The actual reason for the crucification is clearly stated in John 19:12 as: "every one who makes himself a king sets himself against Caesar."

In other words, sedition. Also in Luke 23:2, "And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King.";

DigiMark007
Originally posted by debbiejo
If Jesus needed to die, like all the other fables attached, then the Jews should be praised. But then Jesus came to die, so he committed suicide, but then again he was sent to die, so his dad committed murder, or then again, it was because of you that he came, so You are the murderer..But if God was god, and knowing all things, he would of never put that tree there.......Unless god likes to play chess and we are only pawns anyway.

laughing out loud

Good post, btw.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
laughing out loud

Good post, btw.

agreed

Lord Urizen
MY BUM IS ON THE JEW

MY BUM IS ON THE JEW

debbiejo
Well since we murdered Christ, then we should ask forgiveness, but if he didn't come in the first place then we wouldn't of murdered him like he wanted. Is he sadistic or what. He's screwing with our minds.......

Symmetric Chaos
Jesus was a pretty nice guy I think 2000 years is enough for him to get over the whole "humanity killed me" thing.

Besides he does come back afterwards so it wasn't a proper murder.

The Wishmaster
Originally posted by Evil Dead
came down to earth? I thought he popped out of Mary's vagina.

That woulda been a tight fit, considering she wasn't exactly 'stretched', so to speak.hysterical

Gregory
...charming.

As for the OP, it's a rather over-simplistic argument, isn't it? Debbijo's as well. In Tiananmen Square, a protestor stood in front of a Chinese tank, knowing that he would die as a result. He did. Do we say that he committed suicide? Do we say that we should give accolades to China, because this protestor had apparently decided to die for his beliefs, and they were merely helping him along? Do we whine that the protestor is "sadistic," because if he had just submitted to authority, he wouldn't have died, and does he want the tank driver to feel guilty, and is he screwing with his head?

What utter malarky.

Nellinator
Actually, the man got tackled out of the way just before the tank ran him over, but it still sent the same message.

debbiejo
So Jesus died to make us feel guilty?? That sounds kinda like mental problems to me...Is Jesus a passive aggressive? wacko

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Nellinator
Actually, the man got tackled out of the way just before the tank ran him over, but it still sent the same message.

really I heard he got on to the tank and talked to the guys inside

Blaxican
I heard he blew it up with his lazer eyes. Huh.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
really I heard he got on to the tank and talked to the guys inside
It could be different occassions. I don't know. Any stories coming out of China are suspect.

debbiejo
Everybody seems to hate Jews.

Symmetric Chaos
especialy tank destroying chinamen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.