Global warming

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

drewbiefan
What is it doing to the country you live in? I have noticed differences in climate here. Like many years ago we had really cold winters, we still do have cold winters but not as much snow like we used to.It often comes on the news about global warming, obviously it would take many many years to do proper changes, however i was mainly wandering what effects it has on different countries at the moment. Is there not ways of helping global warming?
We have had floods, bigger ones/tornadoes more in this country(not where i live right here). Was pretty shocked to hear about the weather conditions, saying as it is a rather safe nation.

Fishy
Originally posted by drewbiefan
What is it doing to the country you live in? I have noticed differences in climate here. Like many years ago we had really cold winters, we still do have cold winters but not as much snow like we used to.It often comes on the news about global warming, obviously it would take many many years to do proper changes, however i was mainly wandering what effects it has on different countries at the moment. Is there not ways of helping global warming?
We have had floods, bigger ones/tornadoes more in this country(not where i live right here). Was pretty shocked to hear about the weather conditions, saying as it is a rather safe nation.

Well it hasn't frozen one day yet no snow or whatever in sight... In the Summer we had a heat wave that broke all records and then the next month more rain then ever before...

It seems that the climate is just going from one extreme to another no rain to no sun, no snow to so much snow you can't drive your car anymore.

drewbiefan
same here, no snow arrived yetstick out tongue

Darth Godzilla
Read Mike Crichton's State of Fear.
All I have to say.

Darth Godzilla
Actually, I have a little more to say. The world's temperatures have fluctuated since the beginning of time. A few people scurrying around on Earth's surface aren't going to have an impact on Nature's course, no matter what Al Gore says. Even if global warming is a real trend and even then it's a minor one, we have no effect on it.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth Godzilla
Actually, I have a little more to say. The world's temperatures have fluctuated since the beginning of time. A few people scurrying around on Earth's surface aren't going to have an impact on Nature's course, no matter what Al Gore says. Even if global warming is a real trend and even then it's a minor one, we have no effect on it.

Does that matter? Our effect on global warming whether the trend will last or not is irrelevant, perhaps the earth will cool down in a few years that doesn't matter at this point we are still noticing some extreme climate changes here, so I can definitely say things are different.

To say we have no input in the matter and to deny the thing entirely are two completely different things.

BackFire
Nothing, it's all a lie.

Naz
I hate snow. Global warming is my friend.

grey fox
Originally posted by BackFire
Nothing, it's all a lie.

thumb up yes

Soleran
This thread does make me lol, tis the season to lol too, how fantastic.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BackFire
Nothing, it's all a lie.
sure is, just like us landing on the moon!!! laughing out loud

drewbiefan
Well i truly believe something is going on with this global warming. However, i definitely do not think that it is doing that much harm, i think they are doing this to make everyone shocked LOL!

Rogue Jedi
if its gonna happen, its not gonna be in our lifetime.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

Wouldn't be toos ure about that my friend (if I may call you that again, it is not a sign of true friendship anyways).

Rogue Jedi
did we ever have a true friendship? and what the hell does "toos" mean?

Bardock42
did we ever have a true friendship? and what the hell does "toos" mean?

No. And for that matter what does "ure" mean?

drewbiefan

I agree! I have worried about this once in the past. But now i have realised that it is not going to affect anyone in the matter of our lifetime, i doubt it anyway.

Rogue Jedi
maybe in my great grandkids lifetime.

drewbiefan
what exactly would happen?? messed

Fishy
what exactly would happen?? messed

The world would heat up, ice caps would melt, the cold water would move north mixing with the warm water and cooling that down creating storms and changing the climate, at the same time water levels around the globe would rise a hell of a lot...

Strangelove
It hasn't snowed yet up here.....and yes I blame global warming madfist

Rogue Jedi
i just hope the world doesnt end up like "waterworld."

Strangelove
i just hope the world doesnt end up like "waterworld." A terrible movie that cost way more than its box office take?

drewbiefan
I truly think that we would be having many more heat waves/flooding/disasters, but i do not think as it will get that bad here like in some other places, as we do not get these bad disasters fortunately.

Imaginary
Originally posted by Darth Godzilla
Read Mike Crichton's State of Fear.
All I have to say.

Really, if you're buying into what he says in that book then you clearly haven't done your homework. While Crichton's right when he says that the effects of global warming have been exaggerated, that doesn't mean to the degree where it's irrelevant and absolutely nothing to be concerned about.

But the same goes for you if you've made An Inconvenient Truth your new Bible. Both of them more or less do the same thing, hand pick the evidence and twist it to support their argument. Neither of them are inclusive or objective enough in their arguments and evidence to warrant being treated as the be-all and end-all when it comes to this debate.

Just throwing that out there in case things get out of hand wink

drewbiefan
messed

BobbyD
I honestly have to say that it worries me a little. While, I personally won't be greatly affected, the future generations will; and afterall isn't it our responsibility to leave this planet in as good or better shape than when we inherited it? I worry about the future human beings whose lives will be affected negatively, and what my children or children's children will have to deal with.

I also believe that we (humans) are increasing the rate of the Greenhosue effect. How much? Don't know. Can't say. But, I think we're speeding it up.

Cheers.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Strangelove
A terrible movie that cost way more than its box office take?
laughing out loud

allofyousuckkk
it rained nonstop overnight, and has been around 50 degrees here. no snow (last year it was around 30 with little snow, the year before i dont remember, and the year before that there was enough snow to cover the cars halfway)

Rogue Jedi
better buy some fins and a snorkel.

drewbiefan
Ya same here, not in this area, but we had terrible flooding just one hr from here!
I keep dreaming about tornadoes, probably cause of this threadlaughing out loud

~Forever*Alone~
i cant wait until the ice caps melt and the world floods, it would be more exciting that way.

drewbiefan
Why would you think that? That literally means more danger, if floods are bad enough they can come upto level of your home, things can get destroyed/damaged, and like here, it rains alot unfortunately.
Having disasters that did not happen before, is frighteneing!

Fishy
Why would you think that? That literally means more danger, if floods are bad enough they can come upto level of your home, things can get destroyed/damaged, and like here, it rains alot unfortunately.
Having disasters that did not happen before, is frighteneing!

Move to Holland, this country has seen it all smile

Then again if the world does flood Holland would be one of the first things to disappear...

drewbiefan
Why would you say Holland? Here has partly, in floods. But not majorly like some other countries.

jaden101
the world is warming up...but spouting shit like "the hottest decade since records began" is totally irrelevant...because records began about 60 years ago...

its widely accepted that there is a 400 year cycle of higher and lower temperatures....we're simply moving towards the higher end of one of these cycles...its only cause civilisation is more rigid and there is much more infrastructure that can be affected by small changes that we are getting ourselves in a muddle about it

Kelly_LS
It's obvious that our weather is getting worse and worse by the year, am I right? This, in my opinion, is a bad sign of our global warming. I was just watching a video from Google and it showed a storm that passed through NY on December 1st. I know it was pretty much a sign of a cold front mixing with a warm front, but December is expected by many to be snow, not severe storms possible of producing tornadoes. I don't know...I may be all wrong but that's just what I think.

~Forever*Alone~
Originally posted by jaden101
the world is warming up...but spouting shit like "the hottest decade since records began" is totally irrelevant...because records began about 60 years ago...

its widely accepted that there is a 400 year cycle of higher and lower temperatures....we're simply moving towards the higher end of one of these cycles...its only cause civilisation is more rigid and there is much more infrastructure that can be affected by small changes that we are getting ourselves in a muddle about it

actually its a seven thousand years cycle, it goes, hot, seven thousand years, cold, seven thousand years, hot. etc.

drewbiefan
I agree on that too. However, some places like here, just aren't really hot anyway so it would take much longer for places like Switzerland etc to become too hot that people wouldn't survive. Wouldn't places such as Arizona and hot places suffer the most?

Kelly_LS
Originally posted by Kelly_LS
It's obvious that our weather is getting worse and worse by the year, am I right? This, in my opinion, is a bad sign of our global warming. I was just watching a video from Google and it showed a storm that passed through NY on December 1st. I know it was pretty much a sign of a cold front mixing with a warm front, but December is expected by many to be snow, not severe storms possible of producing tornadoes. I don't know...I may be all wrong but that's just what I think.
Also, I forgot to add last night and I was thinking about it last night before I went to sleep, usually by mid december it's already snowed a LOT and I even have videos of back when I was little when all you could see was white around here. Now, throughout December it was pretty cold one day, and then it went back up to the 50's and 60's another day, and it fluctuated. Today it's really warm, maybe a light jacket is needed. It's just so weird! Scary kind of. We're supposed to be getting thunderstorms (possibly) Saturday night.

Fishy
Why would you say Holland? Here has partly, in floods. But not majorly like some other countries.

Because half of the country is below sea level and we have been fighting the rising sea for a few hundred years now... Experience could be useful in things like this

drewbiefan
omg i did not know that. I am rather surprised actually.

debbiejo
We're not getting any snow.............But that could be El Nino......OmG that means little boy........omg, it is christ?

drewbiefan
what LOL?
Ya still none here either, i am no big fan of snow anyway, but it does look nice to just watch.

debbiejo
Jesus is punishing us...Nooooo snow....We're so bad, he took the white away.... huh

drewbiefan
Nooo, not him laughing out loud

debbiejo
He made everything dirty like us.......mud... sad

leonidas
courtesy of discovernews:

"A giant ice shelf the size of 11,000 football fields has snapped free from Canada's Arctic, scientists said. "This is a dramatic and disturbing event. It shows that we are losing remarkable features of the Canadian North that have been in place for many thousands of years. We are crossing climate thresholds, and these may signal the onset of accelerated change ahead," Vincent said Thursday.

In 10 years of working in the region he has never seen such a dramatic loss of sea ice, he said.

The collapse was so powerful that earthquake monitors 155 miles away picked up tremors from it.

The Ayles Ice Shelf, roughly 41 square miles in area, was one of six major ice shelves remaining in Canada's Arctic.

Scientists say it is the largest event of its kind in Canada in 30 years and point their fingers at climate change as a major contributing factor."

there are all kinds of environmental effects being felt in canada geologicall speaking and among the animal life.

imo it's not a question of whether it is occurring or not, but how large is the impact and is it irreversible. erm

debbiejo
We're gonna dieeeeeeeeeee.

drewbiefan
No. This is told in canada, i do not live in canada.stick out tongue
And not everying is as true as you might imagine.
Earquakes in canadamessed?

jaden101
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
actually its a seven thousand years cycle, it goes, hot, seven thousand years, cold, seven thousand years, hot. etc.

there's different cycles to differing extents and for different reasons...there is an 11 year cycle of weather changes because of solar max and min

400 years ago there were grape vineyards in scandanavia...and impossibility now because it's too cold

ToMacco
Death scares me. Or does it?

Wait, what was the subject?

Well, I saw An Inconvienient Truth, and if that's true, we're all dead.

2-D
We have had floods, bigger ones/tornadoes more in this country(not where i live right here). Was pretty shocked to hear about the weather conditions, saying as it is a rather safe nation. #

peh, get back 2 ya bong hippie mad lol joke Happy Dance

Mr. Sandman
Global warming is borderline bullshit.

And if it isn't, it's a very good thing.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Fishy
Because half of the country is below sea level and we have been fighting the rising sea for a few hundred years now... Experience could be useful in things like this
then maybe you should move out of that cereal bowl of a country.

Fishy
then maybe you should move out of that cereal bowl of a country.

How the hell does the country look like a cereal bowl? And I might move out once we start drowning. But until that moment I'm quite happy where I am. But at the moment I still have this beautiful thing to keep me safe

http://www.faarupturistbusser.dk/images/afsluitdijk.jpg

drewbiefan
laughing out loud
Well i am surprised a lot of europe isn't the same if Holland is. I truly don't get that.

Fishy
laughing out loud
Well i am surprised a lot of europe isn't the same if Holland is. I truly don't get that.

What is there not to get? Europe is a continent, not the largest out there but it sure as hell isn't small... That kinda allows for huge differences between country's...

drewbiefan
Yes, however there are countries by Holland, would they not get affected too? I am generally meaning any country that is near there, like may not be in europe, just using an examplestick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
is there an accurate timeline as to when this will become a real threat?

debbiejo
When the Great Lakes flood, then we'll know......boat

finti
and if they freeze?

Rogue Jedi
then we'll form the KMC hockey team!!!

drewbiefan
messed

Symmetric Chaos
then we'll form the KMC hockey team!!!

But I don't know how to play hockey cry

Oncewhite
I am not stating that this is my opinion, but I have read some conspiracy theorist ideals, and some of them think that the rich are planning to hot tail their butts out of here, and leave the masses of folks here. Some of them know this place is going nowhere fast, and they also know "we" aren't able to control ourselves and will panic and go crazy and make matters worse...they claim that this is why there is strong interest in life on other planets and building a space-ship in outer space, the trouble is, they can't leave the astral belt...so, they are stuck until some physicist can figure out how a live human can travel in space, taking monkeys up there first, studying any changes in dna, and re-engineering planets and food, b/c they know this place is ****ed, and the "sheeps" on here are too ignorant and emotional to figure things out and will just make matters worse. These theorist say that the writings are all over the place, the writing is on the wall, but b/c of the chicken little of the world, who will breed pandemonium, "they", the ones who do know that the earth isn't healthy and has issues...they, the filthy rich, who fund a lot of money in space expedition and the science of re-engineering plants and animals and cloning, they know very well what would happen if the common folks knew that the earth is ****ed, they know the common person would go mad, they wouldn't stop to think and figure out how to figure this out. Or they would resent the ones funding the research, instead of helping to figure out how we can all get on the ship or at least, slow down the radical changes in our climate that is going to cost us millions in lives, insurance, and in our health structure...

debbiejo
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
But I don't know how to play hockey cry It's fun!! cool

drewbiefan
Hmm what?

I do not understand this freezing side of all this. The earth is meant to be getting warmer apparently, not coldermessed

Fishy
Hmm what?

I do not understand this freezing side of all this. The earth is meant to be getting warmer apparently, not coldermessed

Ice caps will melt and break away, they will move north. Meaning lots and lots of cold water will go from the South pole to the north

drewbiefan
oh!
well that would take a hell of a long time, am i right? Surely not in our life time. As the warmth is building up beforehand. That is freaky.
I think a lot of places are having floods worse now.But cold water causes freezing in the earthmessed?

debbiejo
Well odd as it is........We haven't gotten any snow.. sad

This is a first here really....but that's said to be the El Nino thingie.

Originally posted by Fishy
Ice caps will melt and break away, they will move north. Meaning lots and lots of cold water will go from the South pole to the north I believe it is that the caps will melt and move more to the middle of the earth, flushing from the northeren hemispher to the south.

jaden101
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well odd as it is........We haven't gotten any snow.. sad

This is a first here really....but that's said to be the El Nino thingie.

I believe it is that the caps will melt and move more to the middle of the earth, flushing from the northeren hemispher to the south.

the freezing aspect has nothing to do with cold water moving south or north from the poles...its the desalination of the sea because of fresh water from the ice caps being melted

what happens is the melted fresh water enters the ocean and stops a process known as the gulf stream...what the gulf stream is is warm salt water that travels around the atlantic ocean...it moves north east from the tropics and in the shallow waters and passes the west coast of the UK before heading north to greenland where it cools and sinks to the bottom of the ocean before travelling south down the east coast of the US

here's a representation of the gulf stream

http://www.sciencepoles.org/pics/scientific_articles/gulfstream_schematic_500x389.jpg

it is the energy generated by this and its warm currents that makes the UK have the temperate climate it has...compare it with other areas on the same latitude...moscow and canada....both are far colder than the UK because they dont recieve the warm currents of the gulf stream

when the gulf stream is flooded with fresh water it slows down the flow rate...and has already been shown to have slowed around 30% in 50 years...it is theorised that when the flow stops altogether then massive areas of western Europe will end up with the same climate as northern canada and russia

so it is only these parts of the world that will cool down as a result of global warming

but then all these things have happened before....its only now that society is fixed in costal areas and dont have the flexibility of movement that our ancestors had that it has become a major issue...both socially and economically...which will obviously have international ramifications

drewbiefan
Yes europe is generally colder than here.
Canada etc are too. We have atlantic warmth that make here warmer.

botankus
It's freakin' 60 degrees here! I'm pissed!

drewbiefan
In North carolina OMG!

botankus
Yeah, I heard somewhere that Canada's paying people to have kids, so maybe I'll get a winter home there to help with the population, b/c this 60 degrees crap is NOT cutting it!!!!

drewbiefan
I still cannot believe that laughing out loud I think you are quite cold usually there right?

In Fate's Hands
isnt 60 degrees normal for the south in the winter?

AOR
sure is, just like us landing on the moon!!! laughing out loud

We did confused

AOR
Originally posted by In Fate's Hands

We've had our blizzards and ice storms.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
It's freakin' 60 degrees here! I'm pissed!

Of course idiot degrees. Just to be clear.

I mean there are a lot of idiots that use good degrees, too.

Rogue Jedi
no blizzards here, not in texas.

botankus
Originally posted by In Fate's Hands

In Florida or Georgia, most likely, but I'm only 4 hours from Washington D.C. It's usually in the 40's around this time of year.

Originally posted by Bardock42
Of course idiot degrees. Just to be clear.

I mean there are a lot of idiots that use good degrees, too.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I meant 288.7 Kelvin.

Bardock42

I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I meant 288.7 Kelvin.

I didn't say perfect degrees, I said good degrees.

But I accept it.

drewbiefan
well that is probably just right, isn't it? Here is not freezing.

botankus
well that is probably just right, isn't it? Here is not freezing.

If you're talking to me, then yes, 60 degrees (15 Celsius for Bardocky) is better than being in a six foot (2 meter) blizzard.

But it still should be colder.

soin2cal
I cannot recall a blizzard here ever laughing out loud
Yes i was meaning youstick out tongue
I was watching the news last year, if i remembered rightly, we had a lot of snow many years ago. Now, its totally different.

allofyousuckkk
if the ice caps were to melt, the world wouldn't be covered in water

the sea level would rise 400 ft

PVS
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
if the ice caps were to melt, the world wouldn't be covered in water

the sea level would rise 400 ft

but...the world is covered in water

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by PVS
but...the world is covered in water

ITS THE END OF THE WORLD

*looks outside*

hey wait a second

soin2cal
I think if ice caps melted, then eventually, in many many years, it would cover parts of the world. When sea level rises it causes floods. Do not know how, but the way it works obviously is like that laughing out loud
Do not get how that far south and north can affect it though.

LiL_GuRL23
Hey guys, haven't been on in ages...

went to hey-field for Christmas, and on the news on Christmas day there was a mini twister in sea-ford...and it practically snowed in dandenong, Trippy stuff...

cheers.

soin2cal
tornado? Which country?

Imaginary
Originally posted by LiL_GuRL23
Hey guys, haven't been on in ages...

went to hey-field for Christmas, and on the news on Christmas day there was a mini twister in sea-ford...and it practically snowed in dandenong, Trippy stuff...

cheers.

Practically snowed in Dandenong in the middle of freakin' summer? That's weird as HELL! Last summer was so much hotter for us, though... we're getting Autumn-weather days mostly, with a few in the early 30's, but definitely not the Australian summer I anticipated.

And it looks like the opposite is happening in New York, Spring instead of Winter, because there's no snow.

Faceman
I think I'll dust off the cobweb's off my Environmental Science book, and research this thread topic a little better......

soin2cal
And yet still no snow has arrived herelaughing out loud

botankus
It's finally in the 30's here with chance of sleet tonight. About damn time.

soin2cal
It might be that here actually. Or even a little higher.It never gets freezing here though. Just cold lol.

jaden101
the world works in strange ways

scientists discovered that the melting sea ice means that the oceans now absorb 3 times as much carbon dioxide as they used to..

http://environment.newscientist.com/channel/earth/climate-change/mg19325854.400

soin2cal
I do not quite get that.

jaden101
Originally posted by soin2cal
I do not quite get that.

solid water (ice) acts as a barrier...the more of it there is...the less liquid water their is...

the larger the surface area of liquid water there is...the more CO2 gets dissolved (wave action)...so the more the ice melts allegedly because of CO2 gas in the atmosphere...the more CO2 is absorbed out of the atmosphere...

capiche?

soin2cal
Oh i do nowstick out tongue
pretty freaky!

botankus
We got 1/1000000th of a millimeter of snow yesterday, and more to come on Sunday!

Symmetric Chaos
We got some yesterday and last night!

Rogue Jedi
none here. weird, because just 100 miles north they got a couple of inches.

jaden101
this is a global warming thread...not a daily weather report from your area thread

botankus
We haven't had a drop of snow in 3 years, and normal snowfall is several inches a year. And now on to other issues...Tomorrow we'll see a high of 48, a low of 26, with 50% humidity. Chance of flurries in the PM, tapering off into Sunday. Wind at 5-10 mph, gusting up to 20 in some locations. And we'll be back after a word from Wilford Brimley and Quaker Oatmeal, "Do what's right - Quaker Oatmeal."

debbiejo
Today is cloudy, 30 degrees and light flurries. expecting tempts to drop by later afternoon.....

Alpha Centauri
My stance on global warming is simple:

Don't trust the movies, especially documentaries made by ex-politicians. Granted, there are facts included, but there are facts excluded also. I don't know how much of what's said about global warming is true or false, but I find it hard to believe that the Earth couldn't handle it.

I think the recent wave of global warming awareness will shoot itself in the foot also. Sooner or later global warming awareness will become so commonplace that people will just get tired of it if it's continually rammed down everyone's throats, and it will be as though there were no heightened awareness movements anyway.

If it does exist and it's as bad as everyone claims, then we obviously can't do anything about it, and if we could, it won't happen, so I just don't see the point in worrying.

There's things we're not being told, more importantly, for worse and possibly better. So you never really know.

-AC

Ushgarak
I think the backlash against Global Warming hysteria is already well under way.

Alpha Centauri
It's like the run-up to the 2004 US election.

I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't cool to be anti-Bush, Bush would have lost. I think a lot of people were so tired of the whole thing that they voted for him as a backlash reaction, even at a subconscious level.

The more people go on about GW (Global warming, not G.W Bush) the more people will ignore it, and if it's as serious as people claim, that's a bad thing.

-AC

Ushgarak
Tha's very true. A lot of Bush hate was mindlessly irritating. I'd have been tempted to vote for him just to spite all those people convinced they were the voice of the angels for being against him.

I mean, Bush winning shut Michael Moore up...

Alpha Centauri
...and that's precisely why it's a bad thing, because it gave us another 4 years of a man who is making the world a more dangerous place.

Same with global warming, although my belief is still undecided there. The science seems to prove it exists, but the extent to which it can affect us is still...I'm not convinced.

The comedy of them both being G.W is still amusing me.

-AC

Ushgarak
Global Warming talk tends to be very preachy. Environmental groups sit on a high pedestal and do not like to be questioned.

For a long time, to question environmental disaster talk was to be identiifed with evil companies pouring raw sewage into baby food. People who did it were seen as akin to holocaust deniers.

But it's become far more respectable now, whiuch is a good thing. It's happened because the IPCC has started to tear itself to pieces as people within it start to reveal how fake the consensus is, and because a lot of the earlier models about the scale of climate change have proven to be so hopelessly wrong. I mean, a lot of the scate talk in the 80s was "By the year 2000..." Well, we're well past 2000 now and it didn't happen, and it sure as hell isn't because we threw away our old fridges.

But the environmental lobby is sitll very preachy, as if there is no possible cause to doubt them. It's defiitely going to alienate people.

Alliance
Imo, the reason the environmental loby looses my support is that they are unwilling to entertain the idea that global warming could be a natural phenomenon as we exit a relatively cold time in our planet's history.

That being said, i don't think environmental regulations are a bad thing at all, but its the simple "you are causing the apocalypse" being incessantly banged into your head that turns people off.

soin2cal
winds are 100 mph here : eek :

jaden101
like i've already said...the problem isn't the global warming...we all know its happened before with bigger and more severe fluctuations in temperature...

the problem is how society is structured throughout the world

huge populations are fixed in huge cities near coasts and the amount of upheaval and economic problems that a rise in sea levels will bring with decimate global capitalism...

all the push for "green" issues is simply a way to try and redress the balance..

if a giant supermarket chain eliminates half its packaging and so appears more "green" then it also eliminates half its packaging costs...would these savings be passed on to us?...no...

if they become more fuel efficient in transporting products will those savings be passed on to us?....no

even if they do all these things...will if help stop global warming?...will it ****...it will help stop them being finacially effected by it though

reggie_jax
edited

soin2cal
I agree.

Imaginary
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
My stance on global warming is simple:

Don't trust the movies, especially documentaries made by ex-politicians. Granted, there are facts included, but there are facts excluded also. I don't know how much of what's said about global warming is true or false, but I find it hard to believe that the Earth couldn't handle it.

-AC

Exactly what I said on the second page big grin

Alliance
Yeah, well the scary part is we don't know if the Earth can handle it?

Or, more likely, we don't know if humans can handle it.

jaden101
Originally posted by Alliance
Yeah, well the scary part is we don't know if the Earth can handle it?

Or, more likely, we don't know if humans can handle it.

both have handled more severe changes throughout history...the only question the governments are asking is can the economy handle it...clearly the answer is no

PiruBlood
its gona happen one day. the main and most asked question is when.

soin2cal
WHen you say that, what do you think would happen?

dirkdirden
I don't know about global warming but I live in Arizona and it is suppost to be hot but it has been cold as hell here. We even got snow in one of the hottest cities in the world.

I don't like the cold.

soin2cal
AZ i have heard is supposedly very hot! but we are in winter, not summer nowstick out tongue

Alliance
"WASHINGTON (AP) -- Human-caused global warming is here -- visible in the air, water and melting ice -- and is destined to get much worse in the future, an authoritative global scientific report will warn next week.

"The smoking gun is definitely lying on the table as we speak," said top U.S. climate scientist Jerry Mahlman, who reviewed all 1,600 pages of the first segment of a giant four-part report. "The evidence ... is compelling."

Andrew Weaver, a Canadian climate scientist and study co-author, went even further: "This isn't a smoking gun; climate is a batallion of intergalactic smoking missiles."
"

Full article here

The study was done by over 600 scientists, peer-reviewed by 600 more and edited by heads of state from 154 nations.

This is the real deal and the most comprehensive study to date.

dirkdirden
Originally posted by soin2cal
AZ i have heard is supposedly very hot! but we are in winter, not summer nowstick out tongue

We got a high of 122 this year. It has been 15 degrees below average for the past 2 weeks, and it has been below freezing many times which is very rare.

soin2cal
Oh, so it doesnt normally get very cold then there?
Your so lucky, id die to have it that hot here all year round!stick out tongue Though it must get annoying.

botankus
There's more humidity on the east coast, meaning more miserableness. I'd take Phoenix in the summer over Florida any day.

Soleran
There's more humidity on the east coast, meaning more miserableness. I'd take Phoenix in the summer over Florida any day.

Yeah but Phoenix doesn't have the pig pickings and Carolina BBQ.

Give me humidity and coastline to shrimp on over a land locked desertsmile

botankus
Yeah, I just meant weather-wise. Carolina booty is probably better as well.

soin2cal
Well not many love heat when its all the timestick out tongue I have always pictuered it being a rather plain place, am i right?
I would like to go however.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.