Silver Surfer Vs. Onslaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jgiant
Both at their best, who wins?

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm going to take a stab and say onslaught. Franklin was able to make a silver surfer in his pocket universe. Onslaught has Franklin's powers at his best.

jgiant
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm going to take a stab and say onslaught. Franklin was able to make a silver surfer in his pocket universe. Onslaught has Franklin's powers at his best. Damn ur right with that franklin thing, that kinda isn't onslaught tho, so ima say before he takes franklin's power.

inamilist
if you go without franklins power, this is a curbstomp for Surfer.

If you go to the extreme and give onslaught access to Franklin's full power, then sure, celestials trump the surfer.

However, in appearances, onslaught never had THAT much access to franklin's powers, especially not his infinite potential.

This is probably a really equal fight, I'm biased toward onslaught so i will give him 7/10

guy222
Originally posted by jgiant
Damn ur right with that franklin thing, that kinda isn't onslaught tho, so ima say before he takes franklin's power.

I agree
Happy Holidays, friend

grey fox
Onslaught - I can make a sun

SS - ...and ? I make Blackholes

Onslaught - .....Shit

jgiant
Originally posted by guy222
I agree
Happy Holidays, friend Whats up Happy Holidays to u, be safe.

jgiant
I say SS takes it cuz of his power cosmic and he is probably on par with the psi attacks and such. Close tho.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'd have to go with Onslaught. Onslaught Put the screws to the avengers when he created all of thier villians from nothing. Onslaught faced all the worlds' heroes. Not even Surfer can do that.

King Kandy
Originally posted by grey fox

Onslaught - .....Shit
It's just a large fireball!

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by King Kandy
It's just a large fireball! yes

inamilist
It's just a large fireball!

Originally posted by juggernaut66666
yes

and a sun is.......

nvrbeenwthagirl
What can Surfer Really do to Onslaught but crack his armor. Remember the only weakness he had was being absorbed Beings. If surfer cracks the armor and dives in, he'd be part of onslaughts mass then. That story was so bad tho it is really all plot device driven.

King Kandy
Originally posted by inamilist
and a sun is.......
Gas and Plasma, mostly...

inamilist
Gas and Plasma, mostly...

so not a big ball of fire?

Molecule man
not even funny onslaught eats ss for breakfast

Roldz
SS 7/10 against Onslaught w/ Franklin..

Soljer
Originally posted by grey fox

Onslaught - .....Shit

laughing

yes

Eclipso
They hug each other and yell 'MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!'

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8504/934125lrcopydp5.png

OneDumbG0
Onslaught w/o Franklin's powers is Xavier, Magneto and X-Man mashed together with a vicious streak. Superior telepathic powers, control over the electromagnetic spectrum and nigh limitless telekinesis? Hmmm. I would have to say this would be a very satisfying fight to imagine. Power Cosmic is very versatile even in Silver Surfer's hands... but I think Onslaught could overpower Surfer. Gonna go with Onslaught for the majority... maybe 7/10.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Onslaught w/o Franklin's powers is Xavier, Magneto and X-Man mashed together with a vicious streak. Superior telepathic powers, control over the electromagnetic spectrum and nigh limitless telekinesis? Hmmm. I would have to say this would be a very satisfying fight to imagine. Power Cosmic is very versatile even in Silver Surfer's hands... but I think Onslaught could overpower Surfer. Gonna go with Onslaught for the majority... maybe 7/10.

I give the slight edge to surfer here.

Superior telepathy and telekinesis? "godlike" full potential cable had that and was getting owned all over the place by Surfer.

Uni powered Gladiator had theoretically every power under the sun PLUS cosmic awareness and STILL got massively beaten down by Surfer.

Don't forget surfer can not only power drain, but can and will turn mutant genes OFF if he wants to.

Onslaught might sneak out a few plot device wins or two, but when it comes down to it surfer has tangled with a LOT more powerful individuals and come out on top.

OneDumbG0
Wait wait. I read that comic where Surfer tussles with 'godlike Cable.' I didn't see Surfer owning him up at all. If anything, Surfer could only stalemate him and repair the collateral damage being done. Now that I think of it, I think Cable was the one repairing the damage... or both of them were. You have scans showing Surfer beating Cable? Because my recollection of the fight is vastly different from yours.

Onslaught cannot be so simply beaten by turning off his mutant gene. He isn't even a real corporeal body with cells that are imprinted with DNA. He is a psychic being. And the fact that Onslaught has absorbed a mutant as powerful as X-Man with ease, lends me to believe that he would probably absorb Surfer's power before Surfer absorbs Onslaught's power. But I suppose that is a matter of opinion.

UniOmni
Surfer never really exerted any visible effort in that cable fight.

He flew them around really fast, winced, got his board broke, then shot off an eyebeam blast, knocked him down.

Then took away his power.

jasofisc
The surfer/cable fight is one of the hardest to understand and the hardest for people to get right especially those who like cosmic characters. Things we know about the fight is that both fighters became serous at some point in the fight. Throughout the entire thing surfer had a serous look on his face. Once cable broke surfers board he became serous about the fight even though he wasn't committed. The most common problem most people fall into in these fights is that just because surfer wasn't destroying planets doesn't mean he wasn't trying. There are a lots and lots of surfer appearances were he gets beat with out destroying planets and solor systems. I don't know whether it's fanboyism or just a different (and unfair) way of looking at top tier characters where nothing they ever do is PIS. Anyway it was a good fight in which cable lost (that doesn't mean silver surfer pawned him)

anyway that was all just to say that silver surfer may or may not be better in every way then godlike cable but he doesnt have the power to contain onslaught. How do I know thor was not able to contain him. it's pretty wildly accepted that thor and surfer are roughly at the same power. When a person adds all the other heros in to the equation Onslaught >>surfer. For some reason Thor,superman, and surfer are considered God the father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit on the KMC forum, and when ever they are in a fight with someone other then each other they pawn them no matter what.

Molecule man
Originally posted by Space M ummy
I give the slight edge to surfer here.

Superior telepathy and telekinesis? "godlike" full potential cable had that and was getting owned all over the place by Surfer.

Uni powered Gladiator had theoretically every power under the sun PLUS cosmic awareness and STILL got massively beaten down by Surfer.

Don't forget surfer can not only power drain, but can and will turn mutant genes OFF if he wants to.

Onslaught might sneak out a few plot device wins or two, but when it comes down to it surfer has tangled with a LOT more powerful individuals and come out on top.

godlike cable is a joke he can't compare to X-man.

surfer can turn the mutant genes off? then he could just do that to hyperstorm, franklin, SW, mister M just to name a few...

Xplosive
Originally posted by Molecule man
godlike cable is a joke he can't compare to X-man.

Aren't they supposed to be equal. Even if not, God-like Cable being a joke to X-Man, not even close.

And the problem in a fight Silver Surfer Vs. God-like Cable was durabilty, God-like Cable doesn't have close durability to match Silver Surfer durability.

And I think Onslaught would take Silver Surfer down.

Molecule man
Originally posted by Xplosive
Aren't they supposed to be equal. Even if not, God-like Cable being a joke to X-Man, not even close.

cable's mother is a clone of jean but i don't think it matter. but cable is born naturally while x-man's genes has been perfected to the tiniest details by Sinister to create the most powerful mutant ever. the ultimate psionic.

Betageuze
hasnt the HULK .. finished Onslaught with one clear punch ?

wink

Howard_Jones
It took multiple punches, Betageuze.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Molecule man
cable's mother is a clone of jean but i don't think it matter. but cable is born naturally while x-man's genes has been perfected to the tiniest details by Sinister to create the most powerful mutant ever. the ultimate psionic.

True, but still didn't succeed about creating the most powerul mutant ever.

Scoobless
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Wait wait. I read that comic where Surfer tussles with 'godlike Cable.' I didn't see Surfer owning him up at all. If anything, Surfer could only stalemate him and repair the collateral damage being done. Now that I think of it, I think Cable was the one repairing the damage... or both of them were. You have scans showing Surfer beating Cable? Because my recollection of the fight is vastly different from yours.

Nah, Surfer pwned him ... Cable never managed to hurt SS even a little.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Betageuze
hasnt the HULK .. finished Onslaught with one clear punch ?

wink
1. After he begged Jean to turn off his Banner side, because without it, he wouldn't stand a chance.

2. It was a pretty long fight, and Hulk wasn't doing too well.

3. It's debatable if Onslaught wanted Hulk to break his armor.

4. Hulk only could reach Onslaught because he was protected by a gadget that blocked Onslaughts powerful psionic attacks. Without it... a dead Hulk.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
1. After he begged Jean to turn off his Banner side, because without it, he wouldn't stand a chance.

2. It was a pretty long fight, and Hulk wasn't doing too well.

3. It's debatable if Onslaught wanted Hulk to break his armor.

4. Hulk only could reach Onslaught because he was protected by a gadget that blocked Onslaughts powerful psionic attacks. Without it... a dead Hulk.

very true however it shouldn't be debatable that onslaught wanted hulk to break his armor, reed and onslaught stated it right after it happened.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Scoobless
Nah, Surfer pwned him ... Cable never managed to hurt SS even a little.

cable did break his board (which is made of the same stuff surfer is) and he hit him hard enough to send him flying. a whole lot of even top tier characters were not able to do that. Surfer was more serous in the fight then cable was. Cable was trying to reason with surfer then he on purpose didn't hurt surfer even though he could have riped him apart like he did the board. It was a nice battle and cable lost that's all there is too it.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Greetings, This is a tough matchup, However in the end The Surfer could eake out a victory.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by jasofisc
cable did break his board (which is made of the same stuff surfer is) and he hit him hard enough to send him flying. a whole lot of even top tier characters were not able to do that. Surfer was more serous in the fight then cable was. Cable was trying to reason with surfer then he on purpose didn't hurt surfer even though he could have riped him apart like he did the board. It was a nice battle and cable lost that's all there is too it.

A lot of people have managed the board-breaking feats against SS, he just effortlessly reforms it out of thin air each time.

Don't think that'll ever cause SS to break a sweat

Avalonofthewind
I was going to give this one to Surfer...then I remembered that somehow Onslaught did completely own the "indestructable" juggernaut.

To be able to specifically do that kind of damage to him means he should be able to physically hurt SS pretty bad.

Validus
All Surfer did was fly them around for 10 pages. That doesn't sound like a serious Surfer to me which is what we saw when he fought Morg, Firelord and others in the past. After Cable knocked him down, he got up, dusted himself off and fired off the eyebeams which is about as casual an owning as you'll ever see.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Validus
All Surfer did was fly them around for 10 pages. That doesn't sound like a serious Surfer to me which is what we saw when he fought Morg, Firelord and others in the past. After Cable knocked him down, he got up, dusted himself off and fired off the eyebeams which is about as casual an owning as you'll ever see.

as stated before surfer looked serous so serous that he didn't even talk like the normally does during a fight. Also crashing into someone for a several pages isn't all that bad of a tactic isn't that what he did to galtiator? Also he was smashing cable though everything that was around. I mentioned the board feat to suggest that since the board is made of the same stuff surfer is and since cable riped it apart that cable could have done some serous damage but he didn't because cable didn't want to hurt anybody. Still godlike cable is noware near onslaught and if godlike cable is able to do that without being serous imagin what onslaught could do if he was serous.

It wasn't a casual owning surfer was gritting, meaning he was putting effort into it. Ironman was able to take out hulk because he put all his energy into one punch who knows how much effort surfer was puting into his eyebeams (stupid superman rip off)

qqqqqqq
the onslaught in his first form or the onslaught in his second form? the onslaught in his first form can ripped the crimson gem on the juggernaut and the second had the power of FR. so which one?

Jack Daniels

Newjak
as stated before surfer looked serous so serous that he didn't even talk like the normally does during a fight. Also crashing into someone for a several pages isn't all that bad of a tactic isn't that what he did to galtiator? Also he was smashing cable though everything that was around. I mentioned the board feat to suggest that since the board is made of the same stuff surfer is and since cable riped it apart that cable could have done some serous damage but he didn't because cable didn't want to hurt anybody. Still godlike cable is noware near onslaught and if godlike cable is able to do that without being serous imagin what onslaught could do if he was serous.

It wasn't a casual owning surfer was gritting, meaning he was putting effort into it. Ironman was able to take out hulk because he put all his energy into one punch who knows how much effort surfer was puting into his eyebeams (stupid superman rip off) I don't know I got something akin to a owning from it.

It seemed to me that Surfer was in complete control and Cable knew this and tried to reason with him telling him the reasons Surfer needed to stop.

Surfer was flying Cable around so fast things were getting destroyed and Cable had to use his power to reform it. Cable says this is what SS was trying to do and the reason Cable was trying to talk SS out of it. Plus SS didn't really seem interested in hurting Cable and just wanted to stop him so made Cable use up all his power.

I'm sure if SS was really fighting Cable wouldn't have lasted very long in a fight

The Fake Macoy
If that was SS trying against Cable, then he's clearly completely altered his fighting style from kicking ass to being useless. At his best, Surfer would own Onslaught completely, assuming this is when Onslaught cannot use Franklin's powers. Seriously, since when could lousy muties harm the SS?

Soljer
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
If that was SS trying against Cable, then he's clearly completely altered his fighting style from kicking ass to being useless. At his best, Surfer would own Onslaught completely, assuming this is when Onslaught cannot use Franklin's powers. Seriously, since when could lousy muties harm the SS?

Hyperstorm. Nuff said.

Also, Thanos is technically a mutant. smile.

Kid Kurdy
I can't believe people are debating about this.

Onslaught >>>> Silver Surfer. Onslaught took on the Avengers, the FF and the X-Men at the same time (without using his immense psionic powers).

If somebody thinks Surfer can do the same, let me know.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
I can't believe people are debating about this.

Onslaught >>>> Silver Surfer. Onslaught took on the Avengers, the FF and the X-Men at the same time (without using his immense psionic powers).

If somebody thinks Surfer can do the same, let me know.

rock on dude finally somebody with some since around here.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Newjak
I don't know I got something akin to a owning from it.

It seemed to me that Surfer was in complete control and Cable knew this and tried to reason with him telling him the reasons Surfer needed to stop.

Surfer was flying Cable around so fast things were getting destroyed and Cable had to use his power to reform it. Cable says this is what SS was trying to do and the reason Cable was trying to talk SS out of it. Plus SS didn't really seem interested in hurting Cable and just wanted to stop him so made Cable use up all his power.

I'm sure if SS was really fighting Cable wouldn't have lasted very long in a fight

if surfer wasn't trying to hurt him failed. Cable should have bleed to death from having his arm blown off (there was a ton of blood) also cable went into a coma after it too.

Surfer was running cable into stuff like battle ships. if that had been ironman, namor, or wonderman they would have been KO'd by it.

It only seemed like surfer was in control because cable wasn't trying (at least not until he destroyed his board) the only time cable actually used his power directly on surfer was when he punched him.

anyway onslaught wins

xmeat
hulk beat onslaught

jasonk3
Originally posted by xmeat
hulk beat onslaught

No he didn't

xmeat
Originally posted by jasonk3
No he didn't yes Happy Dance he Happy Dance did

Redatom65
yes Happy Dance he Happy Dance did

you no expression are no expression dumb no expression

xmeat
Originally posted by Redatom65
I no expression AM no expression dumb no expression

if you say so no expression

Priest
hulk beat onslaught

Originally posted by jasonk3
No he didn't
Hulk seemed pretty ****ed up after ther fight..
http://img152.exs.cx/img152/7029/onslaught15qq.jpg
http://img152.exs.cx/img152/6778/onslaught22sr.jpg
Oh lookie here Onslaught still lives, go figure dur
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7216/onslaught1g8uc.jpg

Redatom65
everyone thinks you are dumb buddy boy. so i hear your starting on the 8's in multiplication. I'll help ya for your upcoming test. 8 x 8 does indeed equal 64. might wanta write that down

xmeat
he beat armored onslaught thats more than good enough since no one else could.

Priest
he beat armored onslaught thats more than good enough since no one else could.
Onslut let him crack it

xmeat
Originally posted by Priest
Onslut let him crack it the fight was unstoppable onslaught gave it his all he didn't just stand there and let hulk constantely punch him. When he held huc down huc broke out his own.

Redatom65
the fight was unstoppable onslaught gave it his all he didn't just stand there and let hulk constantely punch him. When he held huc down huc broke out his own.

once again who is this huc. the hercules hulk hybred?

and how do you know this? did you read his mind? damn xmeat, damn.

id369
I have mixed feeling about Onslaught.
I mean his reality warping powers ware disappointing to say the least.
But in just about every other category (Psy, TP, TK, EM), ware used properly in battle.

I say, SS resists what ever reality warping powers Onslaught throws at him, but looses this match.

All the other mutants exhibit, limitations due to their human vessels.

Onslaught is raw energy and conscious brought forth into the physical realm. He should be able to do all the high end feats, each individual did, with out the risk of burning himself out, or running out of energy to soon.

He pawned
Classic Juggs
Phoenix
X-Man

And it took
Mindless Hulk
Thor
A crap load of earth superheroes to take him down.

Even Annihilation Surfer would have a hard time with list above.

I say Onslaught more often then not.

Hercules
the fight was unstoppable onslaught gave it his all he didn't just stand there and let hulk constantely punch him. When he held huc down huc broke out his own.

durfist dur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.