My Christmas Tradition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eclipso
I know a million Christmas threads have been made, and I know how sick of them you all are. And if you think this is lame I more then understand.

But for me this is something special, and it's been a tradition of mine ever since I got the internet that once a year I would go on and wish people around the world a Merry Christmas on youtube and every internet game and site I post on. And to try and bring alittle kindness and warmth to people who need it. So here goes...

I know people get mad that we use the phrase "Merry Christmas", but to me those words aren't about religon or commericalism. This time of year always astounds me, for these 2 days of the year we treat each other just alittle bit better, we feel alittle bit better, we appreciate the people in our lives just alittle bit more, and we smile just alittle bit easier. This holiday has brought together people who haven't seen each other in years. It has restored love when people have hated each other. It has even stopped a war, if only for a brief period of time. It's a time of year when we all feel alittle bit better about ourselves and the world around us. It reminds us of all the petty things we let get in the way and concern us when we shouldn't, instead forgive and be glad we have them in our life when many others don't have them.

My father died 3 years ago in November of heart disease, and the one thing he was so looking forward to was christmas, he had a hard life until he met my mom. And through all that he still loved the season and his face lit up at the idea of it and that helps me enjoy it.

I know people at this time of year get depressed and sad that they feel alone or can't be with loved ones. And although that can add to the season, it doesn't define it. Christmas cheer is one of those things that happen to you if you let it. I've enjoyed christmas simply by sitting watching a christmas special and looking at the tree or decorations and just let the feeling of it come over me. Even the presents aren't a big deal to me. Which makes me very hard to shop for I'm told. smile If you don't believe me about this just give it a try, that's all I ask. Throw up some stuff, make yourself something to eat turn on your fave christmas special, or go out and volunteer your time somewhere or just wish your nighbors a happy holiday and see if it works .

But I've taken enough of your time, and theres wassailing to be done so I will close by simply saying...

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8504/934125lrcopydp5.png

Destiny_Desire
Merry X-mas

Eclipso
mmrOupIKkXA

Rogue Jedi
i celebrate festivus.

Eclipso
That works too.

Eclipso
Originally posted by Eclipso
mmrOupIKkXA

The vid isn't working for me so I tried to fix it.

Rogue Jedi
That works too.
is it time yet for the displays of physical strength?

Eclipso
Hey we need the pole first.

Rogue Jedi
well, the strippers are on it now.

Eclipso
LOL, That works too. I'd do the airing of grevinces, but my lifes pretty good right now.

Rogue Jedi
i gotcha.

AOR
mmrOupIKkXA

Is that the Sesame Street?

AOR
Originally posted by AOR
Is that the Sesame Street?

laughing Gotta love the credits; the muppets not sesame street.

Eclipso
Its the only vid I could find with the song.

AOR
I like the muppet 12 days of christmas song

Rogue Jedi
i like "christmas in hollis" by run dmc.

AOR
i have never heard it.

Eclipso
6ufRrgnSEdU

This is the song he means. It's pretty cool.

Rogue Jedi
old school, baby.

AOR
This is the song he means. It's pretty cool.

pretty cool song

Eclipso
M7Lzq0-Ovic

Eclipso
4KO-EEF1ahg

Eclipso
7Jr-2eyRtV4

Kongu Dude
Originally posted by Destiny_Desire
Merry X-mas

Eclipso
13l6L2U2HHU

staraddict93
no matter which direction you sleep, the ray of sunlight from inbetween the torturous, unclosing hotel curtains will always shine directly in your eyes. I mean , even if i'm under the bed, it'll find a way to get me. I dont know how the hell they do it, they just DO.

Kongu Dude
Beep.

staraddict93
indeed.

Kongu Dude
Yeah. no expression

Eclipso
I know your prolly sick of christmas vids, but just watch this last one, it's the most important.

DysM7EZYA5g

gruki
Merry Christmas! I love Christmas when it's not been so spoiled with all the great expectations of people waiting for presents and etc. It's a wonderful time to just kind of kick back and relax and thank God for everything. Sort of like Thanksgiving in a sense I guess, but.. well, it's Jesus' birthday. He is a most extraordinary, unselfish person- his uniqueness shows in the fact that 2006 years later his birthday is still being remembered and celebrated - maybe not by everyone, but at least by some.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.