Wireless laptop connetion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cain marko
Ok so at my home we use a linksys router to we can get wireless on the home pc. i just got a laptop wor christmas with buit in wireless and i know it works cos i am connected to next doors internet shhhhhh anyway when i try to connect to mine at home it tells me there is limited or no connectivity but i have exellent signal strength? If anyone knows please help. If you want you can pm if not jus reply here cheers.

so sorry put this int' wrong forum. is it poss if you move it lana cheers v much!

El_NINO
You should set up a WEP key for security purposes so no one can get free internet off of you. Also because it would help you connect your laptop. Other reasons why it doenst connect is becuase of interference from such things as radios, microwaves, wireless phones. You should check to see what standard your country uses for the things I mentioned so you can set the wireless router to the correct frequency so you wont have as much interference.

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by El_NINO
You should set up a WEP key for security purposes so no one can get free internet off of you. How?

cain marko
i sorted it now big grin i just changed the settings on the main computer, the one the external eathernet is installed on. cheers anyway

El_NINO
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
How?

How what?

guy222
Originally posted by Marko
Ok so at my home we use a linksys router to we can get wireless on the home pc. i just got a laptop wor christmas with buit in wireless and i know it works cos i am connected to next doors internet shhhhhh anyway when i try to connect to mine at home it tells me there is limited or no connectivity but i have exellent signal strength? If anyone knows please help. If you want you can pm if not jus reply here cheers.

so sorry put this int' wrong forum. is it poss if you move it lana cheers v much!

Ethernet connection is safer and more reliable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.