Box Office Predictions!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vladimir
alright people! what are your predictions for come may 4, 2007..
do not kid around.. be serious about this.. come may 6, 2007 i will be comming to killermovies.com to check out the box office results.. what do you think the results will be..
1. weekend gross
2.Total U.S. Gross
3. Inter. Gross!

DBZ MAN
Inter

Doc Ock
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
Inter

Yes?? What's your prediction for it??

doctorstrongbad
I think it will be Titantic for number 1 of all time. That lame boat is going down. hehe

Doc Ock
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
I think it will be Titantic for number 1 of all time. That lame boat is going down. hehe

No way will it beat Titanic.

Keep dreaming.

Gannon
Im guessing it'll get about the same as Spider-man 2.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Doc Ock
No way will it beat Titanic.

Keep dreaming.

Come on now. You think Titanic will be # 1 forever? It has to be beaten sooner or later. The first 2 made the top ten, and the third movie is always the best.

Doc Ock
Come on now. You think Titanic will be # 1 forever?

No, but I don't believe Spider-Man will be the one to beat it.

So did the Lord of the Rings movies. And they didn't beat it either.

LOL! Are you serious?? In most franchises, the 3rd movie is the worst. Especially in superhero movies. X-Men 3, Superman 3 etc.

Spider-Man 3 will not beat Titanic. Count on it.

Ultraman Baltan
He means BOX OFFICE wise. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
He means BOX OFFICE wise. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you've been reading the conversation Einstein, you'd see that's what we're talking about roll eyes (sarcastic)

This guy thinks it's going to beat Titanic's Box Office record.

Ultraman Baltan
HE WAS TALKING ABOUT BOX OFFICE. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Doc Ock
HE WAS TALKING ABOUT BOX OFFICE. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ok, you're either pretending to be dumb, or you really are dumb.

I'm betting it's the latter.

The Joker#1

Titanic made like 600 million domestic. No way is Spider-Man 3 going to top that. The second highest is Star Wars, and that made 140 million less domestic.

Open your eyes and read before you make a bigger fool out of yourself. They are both talking about box office.

Ultraman Baltan
Doc Ock wasn't. He was talking about quality, you goon.

doctorstrongbad
Somebody has to sink that boat, I think Spider-man 3 can do it.

Doc Ock
Doc Ock wasn't. He was talking about quality, you goon.

Oh really??

Come on now. You think Titanic will be # 1 forever? It has to be beaten sooner or later. The first 2 made the top ten, and the third movie is always the best.

Now who was talking about quality, you clown.

H. S. 6
1. Weekend Gross: $90 million

2. Total Domestic Gross: $400 million

3. International Gross: $815 million

My predictions. Not quite as strong as the first, but once the word of mouth travels around about the action-packed flick, we'll see it'll have longer legs than the second in the box office.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by H. S. 6
1. Weekend Gross: $90 million

2. Total Domestic Gross: $400 million

3. International Gross: $815 million

My predictions. Not quite as strong as the first, but once the word of mouth travels around about the action-packed flick, we'll see it'll have longer legs than the second in the box office.

That sounds good to me. I'm not sure why people are doubting this movie. I think it will be a great sucess.

Dinalfos
Spidey 3 doesn't stand a snowball's chance in my anus of sinking Titanic at the Box office. In fact, it doesn't stand a snowball's chance of becoming the highest grossing movie of 2007. Not when next year's pre-summer-early fall season is filled with highly anticipated big budget sequels.

sithsaber408
Opening Weekend: 115 mil (most of the business will be here)
Total Domestic: 350-375 mil
Total Foreign: 450 mil

Worldwide: 800-825 mil

It should be the biggest film of the year, although its main competition will be Pirates and Transformers.

Pirates won't get as high of return business though, and Transformers is already catching flak on the internet so I think it will go to spidey.

spencerspider
spidey wins it next year, but overall it wont beat titanic. why the hell titanic is #1 still puzzles me..

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by spencerspider
spidey wins it next year, but overall it wont beat titanic. why the hell titanic is #1 still puzzles me..

I didn't see it in the theater. Its one of those "chick ficks".

H. S. 6

I'm with you.

It's not like we didn't know how it would end.

Menetnashté
I didn't see it in the theater. Its one of those "chick ficks".
it's odd that most chick flicks do amazing in box office I mean gone with the wind is way up there to. I hate titanic and gone with the wind.

The Joker#1
I think it was the true story behind Titanic that made alot of people go and see it.

coolmovies
Yep i agree with you plus its the 10th anniversery of Titanic . The trailer looks good i say 750M at the box office

sithsaber408
Originally posted by The Joker#1
I think it was the true story behind Titanic that made alot of people go and see it.

Bullshit.

The movie lovers/interested public saw it once.

Like I did.

It was f*cking "Leo-mania".. i.e. teenage and pre-tween girls that saw that sappy love fest 6 or 7 times and wished that he'd "save me, in every way a person can be saved" and then sighed as he died for the chick.

sick

Vapid cows. Were it not for them StarWars would be the highest grossing picture of all time.

stick out tongue

Doc Ock
Leo-mania made 600 million??

In your dreams.

Dinalfos
Titanic was the right movie at the right time. Up till then, there weren't that many major mainstream romances for people to enjoy. However, it was something of a freak occurance. It's likely not going to happen again, at least not the next couple of decades.

sithsaber408
Leo-mania made 600 million??

In your dreams.

Very well then, prove to me that it didn't.

I saw it once, how many times did you? Or anybody else that you know?

stick out tongue

Doc Ock
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Very well then, prove to me that it didn't.

Prove to me that it did.

I never went to see it. I rented it when it came out, and it bored me to tears.

People I know who went to see it only saw it the once.

Ultraman Baltan
Spidey will be #1 next year easily. Maybe 300 million domestically.
I never saw "Titanic" and never want to.

sithsaber408
Prove to me that it did.

I never went to see it. I rented it when it came out, and it bored me to tears.

People I know who went to see it only saw it the once.

That's what I'm trying to do.

See?

You never saw it, and anybody you know who did....

only saw it once.

Plus, you're forgetting that it was covered by the news stations back then when Titanic took over the top grossing film of all time spot, that it was indeed teenaged and pre-teen fans of Leo who saw the film 6 or 7 times each.

Why are you arguing with me?

Clearly, you are misinformed.

Doc Ock
That's what I'm trying to do.

See?

No, I don't see.

You'll never convince me that the better part of 600 million came from a bunch of hormone enraged teenagers who have the hots for Leonardo Di Caprio.

So what??

Loads of teens and kids see movies several times. They don't rack up 600 million in the U.S. box office alone.

Because I disagree with your theorey.

Only by you.

H. S. 6
So who do you think did make the 600 million? Clearly, it wasn't you, your friends, or people like yourselves, who either didn't see the movie or saw it once.

Doc Ock
So who do you think did make the 600 million? Clearly, it wasn't you, your friends, or people like yourselves, who either didn't see the movie or saw it once.

LOL! I love how you're comparing the entire world's audience to me and my friends big grin I was a teenager when it came out. My female friends only went to see it the once.

Where did the 600 million come from?? Everyone. Old people, middle aged people, teenagers........everyone.

It wasn't all horny teenage girls flocking to have a gawk at Leonardo Di Caprio LOL!

sithsaber408

Doc Ock
"I’m not sure what the draw was, but something compelled women of all ages to see TITANIC over and over again."

There you go. It said women of ALL ages went to see it, not just teenagers.

Thanks for proving my point wink

Awesome Man

Awesome Man
Technically, movies like "Gone With The Wind" and "King Kong" made more money if they had inflation.

sithsaber408
"I’m not sure what the draw was, but something compelled women of all ages to see TITANIC over and over again."

There you go. It said women of ALL ages went to see it, not just teenagers.

Thanks for proving my point wink

Still was "Leo-Mania" that shot the movie to number 1, no matter how old his fans were.

And many were the 12-16 set that saw it 5+ times.

doctorstrongbad
Still was "Leo-Mania" that shot the movie to number 1, no matter how old his fans were.

Yeah but young girls will watch almost anything. I don't think people illegally d/l movies as much back then.

doctorstrongbad

Illegal d/l weren't as bad back then like they are today.

BlackC@

So did the Lord of the Rings movies. And they didn't beat it either.

But Return of the King is the 2nd highest grossing movie of all time. It was close to Titanic.

I estimate it's opening day being between 40-50 million. I say around 47 million.

I think it'll become 4th highest grossing movie of all time?

Doc Ock
Originally posted by BlackC@
But Return of the King is the 2nd highest grossing movie of all time. It was close to Titanic.

Ummmm no it's not. Star Wars (1977) is the second highest grossing movie of all time. And it made 140 million less than Titanic.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I believe that Spiderman 3 will come close to breaking the 114 mil the first one make in three days. I also think that Spidey 3 will make at least 900 million worldwide.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
I believe that Spiderman 3 will come close to breaking the 114 mil the first one make in three days. I also think that Spidey 3 will make at least 900 million worldwide.

I agree it will make a lot of money. I would love it to sink the big ship.

Soljer
Ummmm no it's not. Star Wars (1977) is the second highest grossing movie of all time. And it made 140 million less than Titanic.

Domestically, you are correct.

Internationally, you are mistaken.

Internationally, Star Wars IV is number 20.

Even adjusted for inflation, A New Hope is number four.

But, adjusted for inflation, the only movie with a higher domestic gross than Episode IV is Gone With The Wind.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Soljer

But, adjusted for inflation, the only movie with a higher domestic gross than Episode IV is Gone With The Wind.

Gone with the Wind made more money than Titantic?

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Soljer

Ah, I didn't know that.

I was going by the Box office top 10 list.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Spidey 3 could come close to Titanic size money.

H. S. 6
Gone with the Wind made more money than Titantic?

Relatively speaking, yes.

~Pielover~
spidey wins it next year, but overall it wont beat titanic. why the hell titanic is #1 still puzzles me.. This is probably really irrelvent towards the Spiderman forum, but why would anyone watch that movie? People knew the Titanic sunk, and even if it was a fictional movie, you can't honestly be saying 'What's going to hapen to this boat."

Fer real, the only reason that movie sold one copy was because of Leo.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by ~Pielover~
This is probably really irrelvent towards the Spiderman forum, but why would anyone watch that movie? People knew the Titanic sunk, and even if it was a fictional movie, you can't honestly be saying 'What's going to hapen to this boat."

Fer real, the only reason that movie sold one copy was because of Leo.

Like I said, it's not like we didn't know how it would end. stick out tongue

doctorstrongbad
Like I said, it's not like we didn't know how it would end. stick out tongue

The ending was the best part. Hey a got a Leo in my ice cube. lol

shadow225588
The ending was the best part. Hey a got a Leo in my ice cube. lol

lol. good one. I can't really remember but did TItanic have any other big movies aganst it or was it really the only one out at that time worth seeing? because if Spiderman 3 doesnt make money fast it won't make it because later in the month it will be facing Shrek 3 and POTC 3 and if you think that 3's always do the best this is one gonna be one big three way match.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by shadow225588
lol. good one. I can't really remember but did TItanic have any other big movies aganst it or was it really the only one out at that time worth seeing? because if Spiderman 3 doesnt make money fast it won't make it because later in the month it will be facing Shrek 3 and POTC 3 and if you think that 3's always do the best this is one gonna be one big three way match.

Spider-man three will be awesome and I'm sure it will be number 1 for a while. Even with the big competition, it will makes plenty of money.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.