EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Laminator_X VS Roldz (Vote Now!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
Laminator_X

Herald Level:
Baron Mordo http://www.marvel.com/universe/Baron_Mordo

Enhanced-Meta Level:
The Super-Skrull http://www.marvel.com/universe/Super-Skrull
Temugin http://www.leaderslair.com/marvelvillains/temugin.html

Meta Level:
Fixer http://www.geocities.com/marvel_terror/fixer/fixer.html
Ecstasy http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/e/ecstasy.htm

Street Level:.
Deadshot http://www.angelfire.com/ar/hellUSA/Deadshot.htm
Ra's al Ghul http://www.legionsofgotham.org/BIOSrasalghul.html

VS

Roldz

Herald level
Superman Red/Blue - http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/comics.php?topic=comics-new_supes

Enhanced Meta Level
Dane - http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/d/dane.htm
Grail - http://www.answers.com/topic/grail-wildstorm

Meta
Backlash - http://www.answers.com/topic/backlash-wildstorm
Havok - http://www.marvel.com/universe/Havok

Street
Iron Fist - http://www.marvel.com/universe/Iron_Fist_%28Danny_Rand%29
Zealot - http://www.answers.com/topic/zealot-wildstorm

The location is a swamp. Standard size of 10 square miles. Ceiling limit is the top of the planet's atmosphere.

Competitors will post their own write-ups.

Good luck to both competitors. Now let the match begin.

Scoobless
Is that 10 miles by 10 miles ... or 3.16(something) by 3.16(something) miles?

Roldz
FYI:
As said before in my previous match up most of my chars. have work before, so team work is A class..
Couldnt say desame to Laminator_X teams, members of his teams are egotistical wants what plans for himself, They would spend most of this fight bickering/fighting each other, divided attention to the actual fight at hand. So teamwork will be mostly likely at below 50%..

PREP:
Dane summons his symbiote and mindlink everyone, they now privy to each others taught while BSupes manipulate kinetic energy to form great cyclones storms just before the barrier that divides the teams and with the swamps waters it now becomes huge hurricanes storms not to mention the thunder and lightings, he then proceeds to use geo energy to raise land masses just before those storms, creating great walls of rock in the area. Grail also scans the battle field for life energies and since the team links to everyone they now know the locals... Dane/BSupes w/ Havok sets up and waits at the tallest rock walls waiting for the go, Zealot/Backlash/Ironfist also waits in another rock formation, Grail in the air...

FIGHT:
Spectral vision from BSupes should locate Temugin and his complete control of the kinetic vortex Hurricane storms he makes an opening for Havoks blast to go through, Seing from the eyes of BSupes Havoks snipes Temugin taking him out of the fight, Havok is quite capable of this long distance focus blast...
2nd wave of attack Grail scans for locals close to the opposing team, Dane being a telepath controls this locals mostly poisonous snakes and crocks to attack them.. Main target would be Ecstacy, this attack would completly caught them unaware the target would fall from the poisonous bites and those crocks would create havok on the team..
A good time for the 3rd wave to commence, BSupes scans the area through spectral vision for any unusual/normal energy readings but mostly looking for traps setup by the opposing team.. He w/ Grail us a backup moves the kinetic vortex storm toward the opponent, any construct they build short of under tunnel gets destroyed not to mention the team gets shredded by those winds and tidal waves cause by BSupes geo energy focus on the ground prior to moving the Vortex, at BSupes will, he takes out the kinetic energies from the vortex dissipating the storm tons of water would drop on lams team causing massive flooding. Anyone surviving that attack gets taken care off by the locals at Danes command, + Havoks sniped barrage blast, Supes/ Grail blast... Still anybody surviving after that gets hunted by all my teams..
Thats it for now...

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Scoobless
Is that 10 miles by 10 miles ... or 3.16(something) by 3.16(something) miles?

I've got my openning moves ready, but I need to have this cleared up, as several of my tactics involve distance and visability.

"Ten miles square" is 100 square miles, not the same thing as "Ten square miles." I've already had to revise once as what I submitted to Evangel94 earlier assumed the thousands of square miles the other recent matches had entailed.

Roldz
Ohh by the way my write is speculated at 10X10 mile radius...

Evangel94
3.16(something) by 3.16(something) miles?

Yes. The total battlefield size is 10 square miles. Which is 3.16227766 miles squared.

Roldz
Ohh thats even smaller than what i had thought..

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Evangel94

The battlefield changes time of day/climate/location for every battle, but remains a constant 100 square miles

(I changed it from 10 miles to 100 miles)

The "standard" size has not been 10 square miles since before we even started having matches. I'm ready to go on a 10x10 battlefield but will need a totally different strategy if our groups are only starting less than two miles apart.

Since Rollz was prepping for 10x10 also, and it would be unfair for me to retool after having seen his opening, might I request that we go with 10x10?

Evangel94
Originally posted by Laminator_X

Since Rollz was prepping for 10x10 also, and it would be unfair for me to retool after having seen his opening, might I request that we go with 10x10?

Fine, the battlefield is 10x10 miles then.

Roldz
smaller better for my plans to work dough, but really dont matter as i said i thought it was 10X10 mile, up to our host...

Laminator_X
Given the huge, difficult to traverse battlefield, we're going to win by playing the long game. This match is going to be won not simply with power and tactics, but with overall strategy. We're going to take advantage of superior mobility, intelligence/reconnaissance, and ability to adapt in the field to take the opposition apart piece by piece; and here's how were going to do it.

For starters, we've got excellent intel on Superman Blue thanks to Ra's al Ghul having stolen Batman's intel on his fellow Justice Leaguers. The Fixer also has basic info from Avengers and SHIELD files on Havok and Iron-Fist. Since we've got no knowledge about the Wildstorm characters, we're being extra cautious and paranoid. Also, unlike what we've seen attempted in other match-preps, the Fixer actually can fabricate small gizmos in the field in almost no time, especially with Temugin assisting by refining minerals from the sill and plants when needed.

For the first half-hour, Mordo, and Temugin will make a fox-hole/base 3.5 miles in and a 1.5 miles off-center of our side while Ecstasy, Super-Skrull and Dead-Shot perform long, medium, and short range (respectively) reconnaissance of our surroundings. Not a miles-of rock bunker this time, just a defensible spot with a couple of escape exits, far enough underground to be reasonably safe, dry, and warm. Mordo will use magic to make it comfortable/clean, fresh, lit,etc. Fixer will swamp-proof everyone's equipment and clothing so that we'll be able to operate effectively in the muck.

Second half-hour, we acclimate. and Temugin will extract pure water for our stores, while Mordo channels the power of the Snake-demon Sliggith to create a talisman that allows the bearer to move through the swamp-muck as though it were dry land. Fixer will quick-fab some small, but high-powered transmitters and have Ecstasy place them strategically around an area about 2 miles inside our side of the barrier.

Next half hour we deal with obfuscation. Mordo weave a spell to make our base imperceptible to outsiders. Not invisibility exactly, but the sort of magic we've all seen where no one who means us harm can be aware of it's presence.

Fixer will be making gadgets.
Fixer makes Zemo's Telepathy shields for everyone but Mordo (who is already far better protected on his own, Strange could never just reach out and find Mordo by his thoughts), and modified image inducers for himself, Deadshot and Ra's al-Ghul that allow them to blend into the swamp via holographic camouflage. Adding a uv-laser and optics to Deadshot's arsenal finishes out his time.

During this time, Super-Skrull and Exstasy are practicing coordinated arial maneuvers.

Last half-hour of prep-time: Super-Skrull and Ecstasy move in to position at where the transmitters were earlier set-up (2 miles in , our side). Mordo creates a scrying pool back at the base so that he, and the others can observe and reinforce as necessary. Fixer works on making radios and remote sensor drones for later deployment. Just before Ecstasy and dematerializes vanishes the barrier comes down.

Openning Move: Super-Scrull blazes into the sky like the big target that he is in order to draw out Superman Blue (Ra's is gambling that none of the unknowns on the other side can match Blue's speed). When he comes streaking in to clobber the Super-Skrull, his energy presence will trip the Fixer's transmitters into action. They begin transmitting a bunch of crazy psychedelic interference and noise patterns in spectrums that none of us can see but Blue can causing confusion and distraction. Supes'll probably bet one hit in on Super Skrull, but Kl'rt's ready for it (thanks to Ra's al Ghul's briefing) so he wont be taken out instantly (forcefield +high durability).

Suddenly, as he's focussing his attention on the Super-Skrull amid all the distracting signals (which he would soon drain away if he got the chance) Blue will get sucked into Ecstasy's darkness. Taking in a living energy being will overload the Thing in the Dark (just like we saw in the most recent issue of Union Jack), resulting in Clark Kent and a naked French babe both powerless and falling from a great height. Kl'rt was ready for this and dispatches Kent with an invisible smack rescues his falling teammate. (If things don't go according to plan here, Mordo is watching and waiting, ready to reinforce at any time. The Crimson Bands of Cytorrak would slow blue down enough for Extasy to catch him))

The Super-Skrull switches to shapeshift-wings for flight and invisibly returns his comrade to base. She's powerless for the rest of the match, but my knight just captured Roldz's queen.

We now have my team safely back at their hidden HQ sending out sensors and scrying to observe/find out opponents and prepare further ambushes.

More to come once we assess the other side. evil face

Laminator_X
Alright!

I'll now address Roldz post in order.

First, the teamwork angle. Everyone saw in the writeup for my last match how my group was able to work effectively as a team. If there're any doubts I can repost some of that here. Everyone forgets that Super-Skrull was the greatest soldier in the Skrull empire before he was Super-anything. He'd only be a problem if he wasn't shown proper respect. The only one who might have a problem with that is Mordo, and once again Ra's plans don't put them working in close proximity much.

The storm idea is a good one, however we're not going to be standing around to be hit by it. Roldz's plan only changes mine in one respect: we won't need to bait Superman Blue, he's kind enough to make his location obvious. evil face The vortex won't impede Ecstacy in the least, and now Kl'rt doesn't even have to get blasted for us to dazzle and bag Big Blue.

As for the rest of Rollz strategies, they either assume that we're starting within easy range of his attacks, that we're easily spottable, or that his storm would be anything more than an inconvenience to my team. None of those assumptions are valid

With Blue off the field, the storm will soon dissapate and the hunt will begin in earnest.

Roldz
Where would they find the materials for these equipment? I would like to see the extent of Temugin matter manipulation, just because his got a ring which is capable of manipulting matter does not mean his got the skills to work it specially if its complicated compounds.. A scan or a link of some sort would help..
SuperSkrull would'nt even gets close to me because of those kinetic Vortex storm, hed get battered before reaching BSupes..
Same with Ecstacy, we know your movement via spectral vision or Grails energy sight, they'd be target practice for my energy blasting chars..
Those psychedilic watchmacall it godget dont say why it would work.. Is it supposed to hypnotize BSupes, just don get that..
Again my chars can see to all energy spectrums anything usual they could detect..

Roldz
My plan comes in wave, if you see it where not moving one bit where using our sourrounding to attack you, your not getting anywhere close to my chars cause of Kinetic vortex, your hologram and camoufludge would matter easyly spotted by my team, we got energy readers any equipment emits radiation Grail or Supe see those... your forgeting those poisonous snakes and crocks attacking you.. not to mention ive got a handy sniper in my team..

Roldz
My plans doesnt matter if your far or not, 1st i can easyly control the storms to move anywhere i want, Danes TP is long distance easyly affects 10X10 radius, my plans will work no matter how far you are..

Evangel94
I'd like to remind everyone that this match will last only one day.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Roldz
Where would they find the materials for these equipment? I would like to see the extent of Temugin matter manipulation, just because his got a ring which is capable of manipulting matter does not mean his got the skills to work it specially if its complicated compounds.. A scan or a link of some sort would help..

Here you go. Some of these feats would be over Temugin's head, as he's not as experienced as his father. However simply gathering raw materials is hardly difficult, especially as he can use the Mento Intensifier to peer into Fixer's mind for guidance.

SuperSkrull would'nt even gets close to me because of those kinetic Vortex storm, hed get battered before reaching BSupes..
Same with Ecstacy, we know your movement via spectral vision or Grails energy sight, they'd be target practice for my energy blasting chars..

Super-Skrull is merely the feint. Ecstasy puts him away. As an intangible teleporter there're no "movements" to track, and neither your storm nor your blasters will do a thing to slow her down.

Those psychedilic watchmacall it godget dont say why it would work.. Is it supposed to hypnotize BSupes, just don get that..
Again my chars can see to all energy spectrums anything usual they could detect..

That's exactly why they'll work. It's blinding flashes, tv static, crazy wave patterns, and other assorted chaos outside the usual visual spectra bands. Those of us who don't have spectrum vision or energy sight (we didn't know about Grail, we were sandbagging Blue Supes) won't see a thing. For your guys though, the effect will be momentarily distracting/confusing (much like you were confused just now wink ). That moment is all it takes for Ecstasy to nab the big man.

Laminator_X
My plans doesnt matter if your far or not, 1st i can easyly control the storms to move anywhere i want, Danes TP is long distance easyly affects 10X10 radius, my plans will work no matter how far you are..

The storms'll dissapate once Supes is off the field. As far as Dane spotting us with his telepathy, we've got personal screens in place, and most of the team are hidden by Mordo's magic as well. The latter will foil all of your clever detection methods.

Laminator_X
My plan comes in wave, if you see it where not moving one bit where using our sourrounding to attack you, your not getting anywhere close to my chars cause of Kinetic vortex, your hologram and camoufludge would matter easyly spotted by my team, we got energy readers any equipment emits radiation Grail or Supe see those... your forgeting those poisonous snakes and crocks attacking you.. not to mention ive got a handy sniper in my team..

The cammo's not being deployed until after your energy foolishness is gone. We'll learn all about your team via magic before we take begin to move openly again. Snakes and gators wouldn't be a threat to most of us even if we were open to that sort of attack. laughing

After the opening move against Blue, we're hanging back and feeling your team out via scrying and Fixer's remote sensors. Before we emerge, we'll have had time to formulate further plans with knowledge of your unfamiliar characters' capabilities and movements.

I'll post some later tonight.

Roldz
Actually gathering material is far more difficult your breakin chemical compounds/atoms and rearranging it w/out some form of awareness its highly impossible to do so.. Theres also a 20min charge after using each ring, theres no way this can be acomplish in 2hrs prep..

The problem with this attack is how can you catch one who can turn intangible, +bfr is not allowed under those cloak is a diff. dimension it'd exactly a BFR attack.. As i said before she'd be target for my blasters..

I still dont see it working, how are they supposed to cause chaos to him, + its his choice to see which spectrum he wants, he can shunt him off if he want, Grail can also emits comp wave protecting themselves and trace the source from there Dane can attack em using locals with Grail or move the vortex there.. taking everyone out..
http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=compwave37vo0.jpg

Roldz
First off, how would you know that im attacking you via the locals again, + theyre mostly likely a destraction, you forgut Havok sniping assault while your getting rid of the locals..
http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xf100in7.jpg
http://img462.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xf100bys9.jpg
thats ground to orbit blast..

Not working against a compwave, and as said before we can trace the source while your hanging back, takin it easy Grail and Blue supes would obliterate you with a blast..
http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=radiationtrack237gv7.jpg

Laminator_X
You completely misread the rings bit only the disintegrator needs a 20 min recharge.

TricksterPriest
This guy Grail seems a mite overpowered for E. meta.

Roldz
Yeah i misread that my bad, but really it cant tranmute elements and such... theres now way his capable of making those things you mention in you post..

Roldz
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
This guy Grail seems a mite overpowered for E. meta.
Not really, you've got to find his weakness.. If i tell you ive be doing great disadvantage of my team.. His as powerfull as a Super Skrull cept a little more versatile..

Evangel94
Also, whomever loses this match, will take part in the wildcard match tommorow.

Roldz
Quite highly unlikely Supes is not going nowhere and even if someone takes him out those storm will not dissipates but would have an uncontrollable one.. We find you via Fixers equipment emitting radiation, between Havoks snipe blast, the locals and the tidal waves and storm then flooding there would quite a few left in your team, perhaps even all dies..

Laminator_X
Yeah i misread that my bad, but really it cant tranmute elements and such... theres now way his capable of making those things you mention in you post..

It doesn't need to, Temugin's merely using it to separate out existing nearby elements when the Fixer is short some carbon, or whatever. With the right materials available, Fixer can make almost anything he's encountered or can imagine with the thought-controlled tools in his tech-pack.

Roldz
Then where is Fixer finding the materials needed to make say psi-blocks, does he have those materials available on him already in his normal back pack? I had taught you made Temugin matter manipulate
such material..

Laminator_X
Then where is Fixer finding the materials needed to make say psi-blocks, does he have those materials available on him already in his normal back pack? I had taught you made Temugin matter manipulate
such material..

Uh yeah. That's exactly what they did. The ring doesn't need to transmute any elements (which it cant do), everything the Fixer needs is either in his tech-pack already, or is in in abundance within the swamp. Temugin just needs so "sift."

Laminator_X
We find you via Fixers equipment emitting radiation, between Havoks snipe blast, the locals and the tidal waves and storm then flooding there would quite a few left in your team, perhaps even all dies..

Flooding, gators, wind and such pose exactly zero threat to our little sanctum in the muck as long as Temugin or Mordo are on hand. In this case, they both are.

As far as finding them via emissions, it wouldn't matter if fixer lit up the barbeque. Mordo's spell makes the place imperceptable. A hostile could be stading right on top of the place and just wouldn't notice it. What sort of fancy vision and telepathy you've got are irrelevant. No one of your team has the right powerset to cope with this sort of magical misdirection.

Roldz
Uh yeah. That's exactly what they did. The ring doesn't need to transmute any elements (which it cant do), everything the Fixer needs is either in his tech-pack already, or is in in abundance within the swamp. Temugin just needs so "sift."
Sorry man thats a little too farfetch, the techno pack reconfigure to make tools and weapons but its got its limits i mean is it capable of making carbon into steel or diamond? You would need some form of compactor/compressor and that far exceeds the mass of the techno pack.. And whose to say the required material in the swamp would be exact material for the psi-block.. It took Reed/Tony quite a while with hitech equipment to make such item, Fixer is not making 1 in 2hrs not to mention 6 of em consider the tech in his disposal at hand..

Laminator_X
The problem with this attack is how can you catch one who can turn intangible, +bfr is not allowed under those cloak is a diff. dimension it'd exactly a BFR attack.. As i said before she'd be target for my blasters..

It's not a BFR, it's a grapple. Under the right circumstances, people can and have escaped her or Cloak's clutches. People have transcended the nightmares and escaped the next time the cloak opened. People have overcome the Thing in the Dark via magic. Somebody once even punched Cloak out from the inside to escape when he was too fully fed to dematerialize. Those are all ways that this attack could be escaped or overcome, and there're characters in this tourney who could do it.

In this set circumstances however, the deck has been artfully stacked against Superman. In a fair fight, she'd probably never catch him. In this case, thanks to Ra's's tactics and inside info (and you making the mistep of putting him at the vangaurd while I was laying a trap) , he's getting sucker-punched.

Laminator_X
Sorry man thats a little too farfetch, the techno pack reconfigure to make tools and weapons but its got its limits i mean is it capable of making carbon into steel or diamond? You would need some form of compactor/compressor and that far exceeds the mass of the techno pack.. And whose to say the required material in the swamp would be exact material for the psi-block.. It took Reed/Tony quite a while with hitech equipment to make such item, Fixer is not making 1 in 2hrs not to mention 6 of em consider the tech in his disposal at hand..

How much material do you think is required? Zemo fits one along with a radio, controlls for a V-wing, Zola's mind-transfer widget, bio-modem controlls, and lord knows what else in that headband he wears.

As far as the working of the materials, the very capabilities you seem to think are far-fetched are implicit in something like the aimate tech-pack being able to move and change shape at all. He already has that capability to just do his normal routine.

As far as the time, it'd take him longer if he actually needed to invent one, as it is, he's just copying Zemo's design, with which he's already intimately familliar. Reed and Tony are both smarter than the Fixer, but the fixer is the fastest gadget-man in the MU, bar none.

Roldz
Flooding, gators, wind and such pose exactly zero threat to our little sanctum in the muck as long as Temugin or Mordo are on hand. In this case, they both are.

As far as finding them via emissions, it wouldn't matter if fixer lit up the barbeque. Mordo's spell makes the place imperceptable. A hostile could be stading right on top of the place and just wouldn't notice it. What sort of fancy vision and telepathy you've got are irrelevant. No one of your team has the right powerset to cope with this sort of magical misdirection.

It dont matter if your imperceptable or not, we know your there proof of the energy source trace from the static/crazzy wave patterns you emitted to confuse BSupes, thats not covered in your spell when that trace cuts off we know there somethin there.. Geo energy attacks from supes would shake and raise the land from underneath your sunctum, strength that stalemated a promethian giant/Asmodel would make short work of that as well, +energy blast that would level a small town/mountain, not to mention psi attacks this would absolutely decimate that dome...

First off how would you know how far to port? considering the Kinetic Vortex storm, its quite diff. to see from the opposite side where you are, how would you port behind me if when you cant see me?
Those energy pattern aint working Supes can shunt off his spectral vision, i think it doesnt matter if he shuts it off or not..

Roldz
You figure this equipment is enough to make psi-blocker, sorry but dont buy that as i said before Reed/Tony took dont know how long but it was a few issues to make there psi-blocker and they had all the equipment at there disposal, you know baxter/Tony's company tech building thats like far more than the tech-pack carried by Fixer alone..

Techno organic can change shape, which is probably that is made off, and cosider he gave Cable that baby techno organic symbiote, its still got its limits, its not going to make material from 1 thing to another, if you got scans showing this might be off help..

Laminator_X
Again, you're not reading carefully. The distraction transmitters were placed miles away from the sanctum and tripped automatically. I even gave specific distances.

Spotting supes is a piece of cake. Like I said in my write-up, Mordo's the backup to any point of failure. He can spot Supes when the barrier drops instantly and provide guidance as needed.

As for your spectrum vision, yes you could turn it off. However, you specifically stated that you were using it to search for us. That set's you up to be strobed/dazzled/etc. It only lasts a moment, but that's all that's needed.

Now, it's about time that I went on the offensive.

Roldz
Again, you're not reading carefully. The distraction transmitters were placed miles away from the sanctum and tripped automatically. I even gave specific distances.

I think i missed that one. big grin

How exactly does he see BSupes? TP scans..

Again he can choose to ignore this, hes never been affected by this kind of attack or if you call it an attack.. Its not workin..

Bring it on. JK

Roldz
Okay i got that the scrying pool that Mordo is making, still theres no way Supes being taken by surprise, specially if Dane is around.. Bsupes turns himself intangible, and i say im still having problem with the Psi-blocker thing not to mention all that gizmo fixer made during the prep
psi-blocker, holographic camouflage, a few high powered transmitters too much material involved on this one w/ just techno pack as a tool..
taking out Skrull with tp attack and Ecstacy with a blast after trying to take out BSupes.. The rest Dane can mind probe the battle field if that wont work, he can alway move a few hurricanes in the whole field, or raise the lands im pretty sure he can make them out in there sanctum..

Laminator_X
The immediate threat of Superman Blue has been eliminated, the Super-Skrull is transporting the now-powerless Ecstasy back to the Sanctum, and Mordo is spying on the other team via the scrying pool (if that answers your question about how he was acting as a spotter).

It's immediately obvious by the way they seem to be co-ordinating very effectively without speaking to one another that one of them is a telpath. Shifting his perceptions to look at their auras makes it equally obvious that that telepath is Dane. (This also reveals some other things, but we'll get to that later.)

After a moments conference with Ra's, Mordo dispatches his astral form to go deal with Dane. He comes at Dane with an all out mental assault which Dane has no hope of surviving. Mordo is not only more skilled in psychic to psychic combat (in their first astral battle, Strange had to use the Eye and trickery to win! ), but the rules of the tourney dictate that Dane must loose. He's in a direct one on one power vs power confrontation with someone from a higher weight-class with no possable cover, outside assistance, etc. Dane is quite literally out-classed.

Once his resistance is crushed, it will take mere moments for Mordo to fill Dane's mind with nightmares and sucks him dry of all his precious info about his teammates powers, tactics, and capabilities. Finally he twists his thoughts around to the point that he can't communicate and is lost in a nightmarish dreamworld of half-coherant terrors.

Mordo then returnd to his mortal form to boast of having defeated the opposition's leader and brief his team on the opposition.

In one stroke I've not only taken down another of Roldz's characters, but also broken his communication, character to character spotting, and neutralized the army of critters of which he was so proud.

(This in not a rule-breaking "telepathic mind shutdown." That would be just telling someone to sleep or whatever. This if fighting a brutal psychic battle, and winning.)

Next, I move some more of my pieces onto the board...

Scoobless
Lam, you seem to be basing a lot of your game plan on Superman doing exactly what you want him to do .... what if he doesn't just blindly attack like you're saying he will?

erm

Laminator_X
Lam, you seem to be basing a lot of your game plan on Superman doing exactly what you want him to do .... what if he doesn't just blindly attack like you're saying he will?

erm

Good question!

Really, my plan works just fine as long as he's doing something big and flashy and using his spectrum vision. He doesn't have to come after Super-Skrull. Doing exactly what Roldz said he was doing still sets him up wonderfully for my sucker-punch.

I'm off to bed now. G'night all.

StarsNeverFall7
Wow, a lot of back and forth already. Looks good so far for both parties, the battlefield size does make mobility quite a ***** though...

Roldz
You didnt eleminate Superman Blue, as i said before those tranmissions aint workin he can turn intangible not to mention his reaction speed is akin to a lightning.. What Ecstacy gets is a focus blast in the back taking her out of the fight while SSkrull gets battered by the kinetic Vortex and Danes TP attack he goes down too taking him out of the fight.. Thats 2 out of 7..

The gold protects them from any scans, what Mordo see is normal Dane a human..

First off Dane can hold up against psi-assault just because i cant use his full offensive capacity doesnt mean i cant be on defensive not to mention ive got Grail and blue Supes to assist me.. First off Dane can use psi-hold on Mordo, his nowhere close to Dane exp.. in Psycic combat.. Mordo is mostly magical relying most of his powers towards spell casting his not very strong against psychic assault..
http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psiblockhold22qx7.jpg
http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strongmind30ww1.jpg
I can hold you in that form while Grail assist me.. Prior to becoming who he is Grail was master martial artist trained by monk and is quite spiritual in nature and an expert in out of mind experience.. Grail is actually pure psi/soul energy now..
http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pureenergy14as6.jpg
his able to merge with Dane symbiote and all, in there it should be an even field now, two E-metas against a herald, they can hold off Mordo.. Without him powering his magic BSupes should be able to trace, the rest of Mordos team or he can also see psi/astral energies he can trace it where it was coming from, from there on he attacks them via the kinetic Vortex storm that was growing stronger the longer it was spinning in that attack everything should end...

No you havent this is why i picked this two together, they have connection also not the first time this kind of situation happened to the Wetworks team.. Both can fight attack physically and mentally.. Similar to Psylocke, Mimic, Cable...

Roldz
Man, you still havent proven those transmitter would affect me, as i said before his not some machine/robots that affects him, his got a human freakin brain, not to mention those vision he can turn off.. Also ive got Grails compwave to block all radio/frequencies transmission..

Laminator_X
Less experienced? Mordo's been at this since the 30s and this is his specialty! Strange couldn't get a win against Mordo in psychic combat without using his amulet. Mordo can mind-control people from the other side of the world. Mordo beat Dracula in a battle of wills. The Wetworks guys arent anywhere near his league.

As far as finding his via psychic emanations, there's nothing to trace. His astral form is right there. Strange was only ever ably to find Mordo's body by projecting his own astral form and following Mordo back personally. Grail>> than Dr. Strange? I think not.

Laminator_X
While Grail assisting Dane against Mordo won't change the outcome of the astral throwdown, it will drag it out.

In the mean time, Ra's is putting his other assets into the field.
Super-Skrul shapeshifts into an owl for night-vision and silent flight, turns invisible, and flies out in a broad arc to where Roldz team is. With Dane and Grail tied up with Mordo they won't have any warning when the entire area is bathed in flames!

Havok, Iron Fist, Backlash, and Zealot are barbecued before they know what hit them. Just to be sure, Kl'rt makes a big forcefield cylender around the area and keeps up the heat to boil alive anybody who ducked underneath the water.

Meanwhile, Temugin and Deadshot (D. carrying the Sligguth totem) move out to renezvous for the endgame. Temugin makes his way through the trees Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon-style.

Roldz
Less experienced? Mordo's been at this since the 30s and this is his specialty! Strange couldn't get a win against Mordo in psychic combat without using his amulet. Mordo can mind-control people from the other side of the world. Mordo beat Dracula in a battle of wills. The Wetworks guys arent anywhere near his league.

As far as finding his via psychic emanations, there's nothing to trace. His astral form is right there. Strange was only ever ably to find Mordo's body by projecting his own astral form and following Mordo back personally. Grail>> than Dr. Strange? I think not.

Strength of wills Mordo is not beating Danes? It took 3 Entities whos been around for aeons w/ the symbiotes to break his hold off them,
and this time Mordo's isnt back/inhanced by Dormammu..
http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sym1ch8.jpg
http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sym2wt2.jpg
http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strongmind30ww1.jpg
By the way im not breaking any rule, If it was Mordo flesh casting alsort of magic vs Dane's, Dane's Stands no chance but Mordo's astral form is not the whole, Dane can challenge him in the astral world and in there his Dr. Strange and More but where not gonna use that feats mostly ill only be defending and bombarding you w/ what you fear the most, nightmares, failures and the likes see both can play that game..
http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psiblockhold22qx7.jpg
Astral forms still leaves residual psionic energies, BSupes spectral vision is akin to that of a cosmic awareness not to mention Grail can sense this energies as well..

Roldz
As i said above post, Dane can hold em off by his lonesome, you challenge him in the astral world, in there he shines..lol

Again Skrull went down when you where trying to set up a trap against my herald char.. His not going down/affected with those gadget thats supposed to emit crazzy wave patterns, tv static why would he be affect by those cause of his spectral vision, he might see it but it would be just another energy immission in the spectrum and thats all its effect.. Ecstacy and BSkrull goes down in here, Ecstacy gets blasted in the back after my herald turns intangible then SSkrull gets taken down by the kinetic vortex who still keeps growing the faster it spins w/ Danes tp assault too, so right there 2 of your team goes down...

I can always rip asunder the whole field with my kinetic storm and also with Supes geo manipulation i can cause massive quakes on the field, w/ Grail blasting the field as well, I dont need him there w/ Dane.. Either way will find you than take you via natural disaster type or hunt you one by one.. Mordo's body is defenseless he aint protecting anythin...

Laminator_X
At this point, while (as Roldz said) Dane and Grail are standing up to Mordo in a psychic battle, the Super Skrull shifts back into his normal form and (having incinerated/boiled the less durable members of Roldz's team) starts pounding the crap out of Dane's mortal coil.

Now Dane's hella durable, but even at 60's strength level the Thing was able to KO the Silver Surfer catching him flat-footed. That's exactly what Kl'rt is doing here. He floats up invisably on a force collum, switches all rocky, jumps down on top of Dane, and just starts wailing away.

Needless to say this looses Dane the psychic battle as well as putts him in a world of hurt.

Once Mordo has rifled through Dane's mind (Grail is out of the psychic battle once Dane's no-longer linking them) he ghosts back to find Temugin and gives him instructions.

Roldz
Yup i did say that but i realized Grail doesnt need to be there, so he goes out, and assist outside.. Dane can handle this by himself, You challenged him in the astral world and in there he shines.. Its like throwing him in a weapon storage w/ all sorts of gun and unlimited ammunation, kinda like going H2H with Superman in the freakin sun.. Man..
SSkrull got toasted a way back, So is Ecstacy.. And if you deside to show your self right now your whole team gets wripped asunder, by my storm not too mention my blasters and those Quakes, massive wind and flooding...

Roldz
Aint happening his died a while back ago already..

Not in the astral plane, as i said before, your giving him unlimited ammunition in there and since your the one who brought him there, i dont think im breakin any rule...

Evangel94
Absolutely no one has voted. I'll to close this soon. Don't make me choose who wins.

Laminator_X
Ok, since we're starting to run close on time, I'm going to take a moment to re-address some of Roldz's arguements and show why my version of events thus far is the more reasonable and likely before posting my final moves.

RE: The Spectrum Vision thing. Roldz seems to think that I have to somehow prove that a bunch of crazy psychedelic patterns and chaos might prove momentarily distracting. This is self-evident. He states in his write-up that Blue will be scanning for us, so he'll see the "wave show." It's irrelevant that he can turn it off, that moment of attention is all I need for my plan to work.

RE: Blasting Ecstacy. He's given no explanation for how Havok is supposed to hurt her while she's intangible. For that matter, it Grail & Supes are turning off their energy sight to avoid the distractions, nobody on his team even has a chance to spot her ahainst the night sky. I even had her drilling for this maneuver in my prep write-up.

RE: Fixer short of materials. We're at a yu-huh-nu-uh point on this one, so I'll offer an alternative. If the Fixer is short of materials, (which again I do not concede, as he's making nothing bigger than some cell phones) my strategy would not be altered in the least if he had to sacrifice parts from his tech-pack to make up the difference. That thing gets plenty big, and fixer's role in my battle plan is strictly command & control/ surveilance. He's by no means short of time. It might take Reed or Tony a couple hours to design and build a psi-blocker, but the Fixer doesn't need to do that. He's just copying a design he already has in his tech-pack.

RE: Super-Skrull taken out by the energy vortex. I stated in my prep that the Super Skrull was over a mile inside my lines as the match opened. That gives him plenty of time and space to avoid the trouble.

RE: The vortex/storm/flooding taking out my team. Roldz has given no credible explanation as to how (even if he had the opportunity, which I denied him) he would be able to find my hiding-spot, in order to direct his vortex there. None of my exposed characters (Super-Skrull+force field & Intangible Ecstacy) would be bothered by the storm in the least, and the other secondary effects won't do anything with both Mordo's wards in place and Temugin in position to butress the place if needed.

RE: Dane & Grail vs. Astral Mordo. Mordo's only less powerful in his astral form in that he can't channel other-dimensional gods or tap the universal enegies for spells. His psychic might in undiminished, and that's still more than Dane can handle. As for the Astral being a turf advantage for Dane, that's simple rediculous. Mordo was mastering this form of combat before Dane started kindergarten. There's no way Roldz's e-meta psychic can stand up to my herald-level psychic for vary long on his own. Saying that Mordo is at a disadvantage because he likes to use other magic too is like if I were to say that Dane was at a disadvantage because he often carries guns. It's a specious argument.

As far as Grail's involvement, well I will concede that if Grail joins in, Mordo cant just roll right over Dane. You saw my posts for how that's turning out. (The rest of the team roasted/boiled while the Wetworks duo are astral with Mordo) If Grail doesn't get in the battle, Dane goes down fast and Mordo gets to report back with team intel sooner like I originally planned. The only difference this makes either way in my game-plan is that we end up taking out Grail first and then ambush the rest of the team rather than vice-versa.

I will also point out that I haven't once said "oh wait, never-mind I'm doing something different" in the midst of battle. My only changes to my moves have been to adapt my tactics to Roldz maneuvers. Once I make a move, I'm sticking with it even if I come up with a better idea later.

Now then, I mentonned something about taking out Grail...

Roldz
Yeah, thats too bad.. I had fan dough.. Good match up Lam..

Roldz
I quess where not done yet...

Its not going to be distracting to him, in his spectral vision those psychedelic/chaos pattern, would just be another energy signal in the spectrum, its not like hed be hypnotized/mental attack.. Anyway ill leave that too who ever votes...

When your about to put my already intangible Supes in your cloak which at this time youd have to be solid to do these and since my team is link together we act as one...

The techpack has a limit in mass, it cannot grow any bigger than it is, thats atleast what i read in the bio..

You stated that you were going to distract my herald char.. that means your quite close to the vortex and remember the vortex is growing in size its been spinning for a while... And lets not forget Danes tp attack.. No psi-blocker but thats my take dough..

Laminator_X
Alright, since Roldz split us into a couple of altenate timelines here with the Grail/no-Grail thing in the astral fight, I don't have time to go into as much detail as I usually like.

Essentially, once Mordo masters Dane (sooner without Grail, later and the-rest-of-the-team-dead if Grail joins the outmatched Dane against Mordo) he'll have wrested from him the knowledge of Grail's weakness to electricity and magnatism.

Mordo then briefs Temugin, returns to his body, teleports to the battle-site (via the Winds of Watoomb, so as to not overtax his own energies) and he and Temugin proceed to curbstomp Grail with magic lightning and so on. If the rest of the team isn't already dead, they're blasted by Super-Skrull's flames since without Grail to warn them he takes them unawares.

Evangel94
If this match doesn't get any votes real soon. I'm going to choose the winner.

Roldz
A 5X5 mile radius is no problem for a storm this size to go through, Also the massive Quake that Blue supes would cause, I dont have to find you ill just cover the whole field w/ those storm, Temugin matter ring ain doing anything since he cant make the dome anymore stronger, you know he cant make elements into another making it stronger...

I dont need Grail there, he left.. Danes is a god in the astral world, Mordo brought him there, That plan back fired.. Mordo aint doing nothing on him, while his in there... It would have probably better for you to assault him in physical world but not there...

This is a battle, Things changed when your fighting, but nothing big was changed on my tactics..

Roldz
Alright it dont matter if Grail is in there or not, it would even be a curbstomp for Mordo if Grail is in here too, Asssisting an Astral freakin God...
http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=outofmind410pl5.jpg
remember your the one who brought him here...

Mordo aint going nowhere, ive got a psi-hold on your astral form.. You aint breaking it in this world..

This aint happening cause you aint going nowhere.. both Grail and Dane has got a hold of you here.. While be BSupes takes rid the ground/field apart w/ his kinetic Vortex storm, Quakes, Tidal waves cause by the Vortex and Quakes w/ water from the swamp.. You cant hide from this attacks..

Maestro
Voting on one of you doesn't do the other justice with the amount of effort you guys have put in, so I'll take my time.

Bentley
Personally I dont see the "Supes just ignore the chaos thing" as a good statement, I believe that it would work much more like Lam says than the other way around. Thats just my opinion, and I dont get to vote, so take it for what it is.

Laminator_X

Its not going to be distracting to him, in his spectral vision those psychedelic/chaos pattern, would just be another energy signal in the spectrum, its not like hed be hypnotized/mental attack.. Anyway ill leave that too who ever votes...

No hypnosis here, just crazy fireworks. All I need is "Hey, What's that?"

You are incorrect. The only things that force materialization are heavy feeding, power short-out (like we have here), or magical binding.

It doesn't take on mass, it just contracts and expands. Regaurdless, if he's not flying around the battlefield with blasters blazing he's got plenty to spare. Even if a voter bought your argument about materials, he can make what I need.

Super-Skrull was bait. Just because Supes didn't move forward to take it doesn't somehow make him closer than the distance I specifically stated. As I stated before, Supes still revealed his presence, and that's all my plan needed since Mordo was acting as a spotter via scrying. That you didn't rush the skrull just made me have to sacrifice one piece instead of two to take your queen.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Evangel94
Absolutely no one has voted. I'll to close this soon. Don't make me choose who wins.

This was bound to happen when matches are running through the holidays..... most people are away or have relatives visiting.

erm

I'll vote for Roldz

The chaotic energy to distract Superman things isn't working for me.... SM-Blue can see all forms of electromagnetic energy and has learned to filter his vision to whatever part of the spectrum he needs.

Astral Mordo has been countered by Roldz's telepaths

RE: Blasting Ecstacy. He's given no explanation for how Havok is supposed to hurt her while she's intangible.

Ecstacy's major weakness is beings with bio energy ... Havok is clearly in that category and so is SM-Blue ... she can't trap him.

At some point Super Skrull's strength was compared to Thing's .... but without energy beamed to him it's only half of the strength of old school Thing.

If it wasn't for the fact that Lam's entire original write up was dependant on Superman doing what he needed him to do then I may have given him the point for that ... but it's too presumptuous when it tells us how the other team will react to his teams moves.

Evangel94
Although I didn't want to have to do this, I'm going to extend this match to tommorow. It should give people more time to vote.

Roldz
How is your team exactly going to know im doing my spectral vision, too pull the Ecstacy move.. My team is quite alert we know there are traps out there its why we checked for any energy sig.. BSupes is not exactly the "Whats that?" type of guy to say that... We are in direct contact to each other each one watching our back.. We wont be takin by surprise specially if we know where expecting a trap..

And she's capable of materialising/dematerialising object without herself materialising? Still BSupes reflex is way, way above her.. and Whos power are you using w/ her Cloaks and anybody else... Can she even make other object dematirialized? i dont see that in here bio...

Thats exactly takin out from your bio...

Roldz
As i said we where already expecting a trap, i dont have to show myself i can just send a few of the hurricane storm on you or Grail if i wanted to respond + Dane can attack via TP..

Laminator_X
To answer Scoob's concerns...

RE: Blue Supes. I'll post scans when I get home from work of Cloak using this exact move on Thanos, and of Ecstasy absorbing Fasaud in the most recentissue of Union Jack. In the latter case, it goes down exactly as I'm doing here.

Re: Havok. Havok channels Cosmic Energy into high-powered plasma blasts. It's nothing that could harm Ecstasy.

As far as stalemating Mordo goes, I showed how that ends: the rest of his team massacred without their spotter and telepath protecting them.

There's no way Dane can solo Mordo he cant do any more than pre-Phoenix Jean could, and that's nowhere near enough.

I also gave a fallback right from the beginning should the Ecstasy grab fail: Mordo. At that point in the match all my most powerful character is doing is spotting. If the lightshow wasn't enough to through Blue off his game, the Illusions of Ikonn of the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak would certainly give her the opening she needs.

I've had a fallback plan for every move I made here, I didn't repeat that one later because Roldz had no counter argument besides a long drawn-out "will not!"

Roldz
Here the problem w/ that man, i wasnt going to access that kind of power since his E-meta but you brought him there giving him full access to the energies in the astral plane.. Ill leave that to Evagel94 decisions..

Where not doing anything as you read in my opening, my character havent move an inch, we where using the sourrounding to attack you.. We know that there are trap out there, we aint moving at Dane's command...

Will Scoobs put it better, I just could find the word for it..lol

He absorbs cosmic energies and his body releases heat energies that turns the air into plasma.. Dont know if thats considered bio energies or not... It really doesnt matter dough w/ BSupes reflex he can encase him w/ this kinda attack preventing her from porting/turnin intangible..
http://img107.imageshack.us/my.php?image=actioncomics743p097nm.jpg

Laminator_X
How is your team exactly going to know im doing my spectral vision, too pull the Ecstacy move.. My team is quite alert we know there are traps out there its why we checked for any energy sig..

We're expecting it, thanks to Ra's al-Ghul having stolen Batman's "How would I beat the JLA" intel.

Don't be asinine, I wan't putting words in his mouth. It would get his attention. You specifically have him scanning the field and he's not going to pay any attention to something unusual exactly where he's supposed to be looking? That makes no sense.

Again that's purely a function of prior feeding

So are Thanos's, and Cloak bagged him from behind. Reflexes are meaningless if you don't see her coming.

No, but you could see it all over Civil War and House of M, where in both cases Cloak serves as combat taxi for the resistance.

Laminator_X

Laminator_X
Here's an apropos quote from the Superman Homepage's article on Superman Blue:

I have all the tools I need to take out Blue early, and Roldz plan of using him as a spotter plays right into my hands.

Roldz
BSupes isnt exactly the one who's leading the team, what info you stole from Batman would be moot/useless. Dane is our strategist and leads the team.. You have no info of Dane and would not be able to read our tactics...

You expected him to act the way you wanted him to act, But as said before Dane leads the team, A comp. wave from Grail block's and trace those energy emission, all it takes is a few long distance blast from Havok and those transmission are done for..
BSupes wouldnt need to move from SSkrulls taunts, his got those storms at his command and attack from afew of those w/ Danes TP blast and he goes down.. The locals at Danes commands finished him off..

Im not too familiar w/her but isnt absorbtion of energy that causes harm to the opponent band.. rule 1.. looks like its whats happening if she capture BSupes and starts feeding on him inside here cloak..
But anyhow she's not going to surprise my herald, read above.. As soon as she comes out of the Darkness realm, Grail can detect her energies right a way, same w/ BSupes and w/ his lighting reflex he can turn intangible like while sucking her momentum slowing her down enough time and cast a modulating energies construct disalowing her to phase and port...
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5020/momentumabsorptionpt6.th.jpg http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3097/momentumabsorption1cn1.th.jpg
Thereforecapturing her...

Roldz

Roldz
Here's an apropos quote from the Superman Homepage's article on Superman Blue:
I have all the tools I need to take out Blue early, and Roldz plan of using him as a spotter plays right into my hands.
Old news man, the guy fought of an bull host angel, promethian giants, a magically amp Doomsday by an an emp, you know how powerfull those guy are, and then the Guardians this i mentioned are magical beings...
Did i forgut his also pretty darn fast
http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=superman135p20wl8.jpg
Not to mention he can turn intangible/invisible...
http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?image=actioncomics740p148eh.jpg

Here's the Dragon your talkin theyre talkin about...
This guys withstand his flame and i dont see him becoming weaker.. He took the medallion w/ out a problem
http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=superman135p17jw3.jpg

I dont see him weak against magic in there...

Laminator_X
BSupes isnt exactly the one who's leading the team, what info you stole from Batman would be moot/useless. Dane is our strategist and leads the team.. You have no info of Dane and would not be able to read our tactics...

Hardly useless, we prepared counters to you searching with Spectrum Vision, and you did exactly that. All your attacks just fall apart after that since you assumed incorrectly that you'd be able to easily find us. We were also sheltered from your energy storm from the get-go, figuring Blue might try some sort of big boom, and we were right. Moot? I think not.

As far as you other guys being unknowns, I addressed that very issue by having my team hang back and observe after taking down Supes rather than engaging immediately. I even stated that the point of doing so was to scope out the unfamilliar opponents. That was also part of why Mordo jumped Dane, to gain info on the other team-members.

Rule 1 bans Rogue-style power stealing. This is quite dissimilar.
Niether does it violate the "Death Ray" rule, as the drain takes time and the right powers can escape it. We won't get into that situation in this case anyway, as absorbing a living energy being shorts our both of their powers.

darthgoober
Ok, I think that both of you guys are doing really good. But Roldz is a bit easier for me to see happening. It might actually be that he's posted a few more scans(which can really help get your point across). So if I'm allowed to vote(how long do you have to have been a member?), I'll vote for Roldz.

Laminator_X
Here, as promised, is Cloak doing to Thanos exactly the move I'm puling on Superman Blue:
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/9273/ct1ex1.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5201/ct2sm1.jpg

All the reflexes in the world are wothless if you're looking the other way. Thanos was fast enough to dodge the Silver Surfer at max speed 10 pages later and he still got bagged. (He blasted his way out with the Infinity Gauntlet, but hey, that's omnipotence for you.)
Any claims of his avoiding this by via his speed are contrary to what you stated he was doing in your own writeup, namely hanging out with Havok on the high rocks and acting as a spotter.

You write-up also contradicts you claim of Grail watching Superman's back as a source of salvation. Your stated opening move for Grail was to search my half of the battlefield for snakes and alligators ("locals" as you put it).

Niether of those things ads up to avoiding my initial strike.

Roldz
I gave you that, but here's what you didnt expect Supes not responding to that, there are other members of my team..
Grail could easy handle that situation as i said in above post..
My team didnt fall apart w/ that show you put up, we had it all under controlled, it shows when they took out 2 of your team..

Didnt i mentioned it to you that both Dane and Grail thanks to the Gold cant be scanned by any means including magic... the Symbiote is a product of Science and Magic w/ out limits..
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5663/symbioteshealing22jk8.th.jpg
Heck he can block any transmission he want but since i didnt say that in my write up, its not happening.. Anyhow this maybe my last post, work tommorrow and watching movies tonight so good luck..

Laminator_X
Umm, Roldz all that scan shows is a medic having a hard time administering anasthesia, and having problems with her "medical scans." That's a far cry from what you're claiming.

Niether of your bios state anything about invisibility to magic either.

Laminator_X
I gave you that, but here's what you didnt expect Supes not responding to that, there are other members of my team..

Actually, I had a backup plan in place from the get go, as you can see both on page one, and a few posts back on page four.

Laminator_X
Well, if Roldz is done, I won't hammer away while he's not free to respond. I'll recap a few points and then sign off as well.

Initial strategies:
We spent page after page arguing over weather my initial strategy would work. I won't repeat them here.

Roldz strategy OTOH was an immediate failure. He never presented any justification for how his spotters might overcome Mordo's magical misdirection. He repeated their sensory powers again and again, without bringing any new ideas into play. It was just more "track their energies and shoot them."

I said what my response would be if Ecstacy didn't initially snag Superman. Rolds never posted a single idea for what he might do if he couldn't find us with his scans.

Progress of the Debate
Roldz again and again responded to my moves with things his characters could have done to avoid their fates. Unfortunately these repeatedly contradicted what he had actually said his characters were doing in his write-up or in previous posts. This is a battle, not an odds thread. We need to be judged by what we plan for and do, not by what might've been helpful in hindsight.

I must also point out that his response to my second major attack was to claim powers for Dane beyond what's allowed in his weight-class, and then to again switch tactics after already posting his response.

Alternatives based on your opponents responses are fine, but wanting a do-over because you changed your mind is not.

Some have suggested that I was dictating what his characters would do. Not so. Apart from suggesting that Superman might take the bait for my initial trap (which I didn't argue even once when Roldz write-up said otherwise), all I have done is attempt to hold Roldz to what Roldz said his charcters were doing, and post my next moves accordingly.

Thanks to all, esp Roldz and Evangel, and good night.

Roldz

StarsNeverFall7
This has been one of the hardest matches to pick a side on as both have fought extremely hard...

Evangel94
Well I tried to give this thread extra time for votes to come in.

Evangel94
darthgoober - roldz
scoobless - roldz

Winner: Roldz

Laminator X goes to the WildCard MiniTournament

Match closed

Blair Wind
wow....I was gonna vote Laminator guess I came too late. He was doing a better job debating, which I think is the most important thing. Team wise maybe Roldz had an edge but eh.....good luck to both

Evangel94
Originally posted by Blair Wind
wow....I was gonna vote Laminator guess I came too late. He was doing a better job debating, which I think is the most important thing. Team wise maybe Roldz had an edge but eh.....good luck to both

I gave this match two days, and even gave it an extra couple hours today. You've had plenty of time to vote.

Blair Wind
I was busy dealing with my tourny stuff....doesnt matter though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.