I think the Silver Surfer is about to get big.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supreme being
I am sure most of you who have seen the FF4 part2 teaser will know what i am talking about and although we cant state actual facts we can speculate.

My speculation is that this film could really make the Surfer a house hold name e.g known to none comic fans, although we cant say much still the films out but the teaser looked aswome and if the films good Surfer might just get his big break.

Roldz
wanna post a link to that teaser man.. if you dont mind..

Lucid Lui
Surfer's always been a popular obscure character, but the movie will have to be very well recieved for anything monumental to happen to Surfer's standing with the general population.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Roldz
wanna post a link to that teaser man.. if you dont mind..

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/

big grin

Validus
Not if this movie is of the same "quality" as the last one.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Validus
Not if this movie is of the same "quality" as the last one. Exactly.

Howard_Jones
Bah. The last movie was fine. They just should have had a Latverian Doom.

Roldz
Originally posted by Scoobless
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/

big grin
Ahh, thank you kindly..

Validus
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Bah. The last movie was fine. They just should have had a Latverian Doom.
It felt like an extended episode of Power Rangers. I was waiting for the F4 to get together and strike a pose near the end.

Solidus Snake
trailer looks sweet

im glad they show a good relationship with surfer, the board and the material world

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Supreme being
I am sure most of you who have seen the FF4 part2 teaser will know what i am talking about and although we cant state actual facts we can speculate.

My speculation is that this film could really make the Surfer a house hold name e.g known to none comic fans, although we cant say much still the films out but the teaser looked aswome and if the films good Surfer might just get his big break.

You're a rocket scientist smile

- FO!!

Howard_Jones
It felt like an extended episode of Power Rangers. I was waiting for the F4 to get together and strike a pose near the end.

They didn't do Jesus poses like Superman, or have Ahnold in a movie. To be honest, there's considerably worse out there. The movie is fun to watch. You can't expect an oscar.

Either way, Ben better get in a Slugfest with the Surfer.

snoopdogg
In order for Norrin to be have a successful ongoing series he's gonna have to be powered down or atleast have a low showing once in awhile.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by snoopdogg
In order for Norrin to be have a successful ongoing series he's gonna have to be powered down or atleast have a low showing once in awhile.

Why? Norrin is fine the way he is. Why tone him down? That would be like making Superman around the level of Supreme Power Hyperion or something.

AcousticDoc

True I can't imagine this Movie Surfer slugging it out with Movie Ben when movie ben struggled to lift a firetruck.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
True I can't imagine this Movie Surfer slugging it out with Movie Ben when movie ben struggled to lift a firetruck.

Didn't seem like he had problems lifting it after he had his grip and feet planted.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Flame On!!
You're a rocket scientist smile

- FO!!

confused Forgive me but i am completely lost on your statement perhaps you can elaborate?

bigbran
In order for Norrin to be have a successful ongoing series he's gonna have to be powered down or atleast have a low showing once in awhile. Umm... he does... all the time... confused

snoopdogg
Originally posted by bigbran
Umm... he does... all the time... confused Well....whatever. A character who's as powerful as he is has a hard time keeping a ongoing series. Norrins Volume #4. was f*cking total crap. But I stuck it out cause I'm a fan. There really isn't much he cannot do when it comes down to it, it's hard to find villains to give him hell.

Flame On!!
confused Forgive me but i am completely lost on your statement perhaps you can elaborate?

Of course you were, rocket science and comprehension are different skills. wink

rock

Supreme being
Of course you were, rocket science and comprehension are different skills. wink

rock

confused ok......

Flame On!!
confused ok......

of course it is.

smile

rock

- FO!!

Supreme being
of course it is.

smile

rock

- FO!!

Rock on rock

- FO!!

id369
Looks like a fun moive. If done right (they always show the best part in the trailers), then yes SS would get a boost of fanbase.

Speaking of.... I really wish they inserted Cable in the X Men movies.

Flame On!!
Rock on rock

- FO!! [/QUOTE

Now you're getting it.

cool

- FO!!

Supreme being
Rock on rock

- FO!!

roll eyes (sarcastic) Ok you have had your fun can we get back on topic.

- FO!!

Mindship
Y'know, it can go either way, bigtime. If the movie -- or even if just the character -- is done well, SS can take off.

But if either, or especially if both suck, SS will go from being an undamaged unknown to a known flop.

Endless Mike
I just hope this movie doesn't butcher Surfer like so many comic book movies have done.

Soljer
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I just hope this movie doesn't butcher Surfer like so many comic book movies have done.

It will. sad.

Howard_Jones
We don't know if it will or not. What he does in the trailer already looks amazing.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
We don't know if it will or not. What he does in the trailer already looks amazing.

True enough, are you a fan of death switch engage?

Howard_Jones
True enough, are you a fan of death switch engage?

You mean Killswitch Engage? Yup. Thus the username.

NiņoAraņa
dam, anyone else got a site where i could see the trailer, fox keeps freezing on me. gar!

Wally West
I hope this movie doesn't really well and Surfer gets his own movie (with Thanos as the villain big grin ).

outavodka
Also gota comment on how Surfer clowned johnny's ass for a min only to own his ass effortlessley.

K3VIL
The teaser is ****in great.And that's not even the final rendering for the CGI, it will be surely a bit better when the movie get released.
Surfer really owned Johnny in their first contact, but I hope they get a good nova blasts vs cosmic power battle in the skies and then when Johnny is down Ben makes his entrance ready to rumble.
For those who argue about Thing VS Surfer, originally the Thing was a mere Class 5 right after the cosmic ray irradiation.His strength growed in the years.Now in the movie we still got a heralder of Galactus, but surely Benji will be stronger than in the beginning, so a good slugfest is out here.
What really interests me is the "FULL DOOM" affermation of Tim Story.Seeing how they are dealing with the Surfer, I hope the good Doctor finally gets his respect and the power level he deserve, plus he'll start acting as a genious and not a mid tier criminal head.

Prof S.T.I.

LoL ..... 'Its Morphing Time'

Did ayone see the Power Rangers movie ?

guy222

hopefully, movie be a hit

Swanky-Tuna
I just hope people don't think Surfer is a ripoff of the T-1000.

The "full Doom" thing has me thinking maybe he'll steal Surfer's powers. Possibly only some of them, or it powers him up like the original cosmic rays did, so they have a big cosmic battle or Surfer and the FF have to team up to stop Doom. And then he feels bad about Galactus coming to eat the planet and turns on him.

fsufan89
Originally posted by K3VIL
The teaser is ****in great.And that's not even the final rendering for the CGI, it will be surely a bit better when the movie get released.
Surfer really owned Johnny in their first contact, but I hope they get a good nova blasts vs cosmic power battle in the skies and then when Johnny is down Ben makes his entrance ready to rumble.
For those who argue about Thing VS Surfer, originally the Thing was a mere Class 5 right after the cosmic ray irradiation.His strength growed in the years.Now in the movie we still got a heralder of Galactus, but surely Benji will be stronger than in the beginning, so a good slugfest is out here.
What really interests me is the "FULL DOOM" affermation of Tim Story.Seeing how they are dealing with the Surfer, I hope the good Doctor finally gets his respect and the power level he deserve, plus he'll start acting as a genious and not a mid tier criminal head.

If they make surfer anywhere near as powerful as he is on the comics hell put Johnny onhis ass again and then pound Ben to the ground

Arashi13
Has anyone seen any photos as to how the Silver Surfer looks in the movies? I think it would be a very hard special effect to pull off. If he ends up looking fake or GGI like, then I don't think the Silver Surfer will be to popular.......in the movies anyway.

Swanky-Tuna
I don't know how you can make silver man that doesn't look fake or CGI-like. I fully expect him to have the T-1000 liquid metal look. I wonder if he'll look too busy though.

roughrider
Originally posted by fsufan89
If they make surfer anywhere near as powerful as he is on the comics hell put Johnny onhis ass again and then pound Ben to the ground

None of the four can match him one-on-one, of course. They will do something through teamwork, and some invention of Reed's.
I will be disappointed though, if Galactus doesn't show up in the third act. sad

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by roughrider
None of the four can match him one-on-one, of course. They will do something through teamwork, and some invention of Reed's.
I will be disappointed though, if Galactus doesn't show up in the third act. sad

agree with everything, espiically as ss just will own all of them individually, he basically told johnny to chill out

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Arashi13
Has anyone seen any photos as to how the Silver Surfer looks in the movies? I think it would be a very hard special effect to pull off. If he ends up looking fake or GGI like, then I don't think the Silver Surfer will be to popular.......in the movies anyway.

Have you even seen the trailer?

Mindship
Depends how close he stands to Invisible Woman. shifty

Draco69
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I just hope people don't think Surfer is a ripoff of the T-1000.

Which is EXACTLY what people will think and why he won't be a housebrand name.

Also, the last FF4 movie sucked and it didn't do as well as hoped.

This one is bound to suck as well. Also the release date is in the midst of several blockbuster titles that most people (including me) are going to see instead.

roughrider
Originally posted by Draco69
Which is EXACTLY what people will think and why he won't be a housebrand name.

Also, the last FF4 movie sucked and it didn't do as well as hoped.

This one is bound to suck as well. Also the release date is in the midst of several blockbuster titles that most people (including me) are going to see instead.

It's the other way around. The film got terrible reviews, yes, and paled that summer against Batman Begins. But, it overcame the reviews to become a bigger hit than expected. It was no.1 it's opening weekend, and grossed at least $50 million more in North America than was predicted for it before it's release. That's why we are getting a second film (and promises it will be better) - FF made money.
Now, hopefully intelligent people will remember SS predates the T-1000 by over 25 years, so he's not a ripoff. The Surfer has had mention in pop media for years before this; just check out the list in Wikipedia.

Magnus Lensher
i think that if this movie goes down right, sufer is gonna be loved by everyone....even ppl who had no knowladge of him in the comics

Draco69
Originally posted by roughrider
It's the other way around. The film got terrible reviews, yes, and paled that summer against Batman Begins. But, it overcame the reviews to become a bigger hit than expected. It was no.1 it's opening weekend, and grossed at least $50 million more in North America than was predicted for it before it's release. That's why we are getting a second film (and promises it will be better) - FF made money.
Now, hopefully intelligent people will remember SS predates the T-1000 by over 25 years, so he's not a ripoff. The Surfer has had mention in pop media for years before this; just check out the list in Wikipedia.

Intelligent people? You mean comic book nerds. One look at Silver Surfer and the average laysman will state:

Dude that's Terminator ripoff.

And they've right to think so since it's the most popular deciption of "liquid CGI".

Silver Surfer won't become a housebrand name. I know it's difficult for comic fans to swallow but if you REALLY think about it and think like a normal person for once, it makes sense.

And unfortunately it's being released around the time of Pirates of the Carribean, Spider-Man 3 and other blockbuster movies that will likely overshadow it.

And everyone knows it's gonna suck. The trailer indicates lots of sucky dialogue (Man! I just bought this tux! . Anyone who thinks it's gonna be more than one and half to two star movie is kidding themselves to death.

Silver Surfer is doomed for obscurity, I'm afraid.

roughrider
FF2 will open a month after POTC3 and Spider Man 3; and three weeks before Transformers. It's got the prime slot of June to itself, to make noise.
All I'm saying is, if the first one managed to be a hit despite being so bad and cheesy, the second one must certainly become a hit as well, especially if it's better.
When ET and the other entertainment shows get talking about the film, they will bring up the Surfer's history - he was referenced constantly as Richard Gere's role model in the 80's movie Breathless, among other things. When this trailer first premiered, the photo of the Surfer was front-and-centre on Yahoo's news page. I'm feeling positive about the audience reaction out there.

Magee
A lot of psychics here at kmc, hehe. wink

Beta Ray Howard
Draco, I have a question. When has Johnny Storm ever had good dialogue?

Loot
Originally posted by Draco69
Intelligent people? You mean comic book nerds. One look at Silver Surfer and the average laysman will state:

Dude that's Terminator ripoff.

And they've right to think so since it's the most popular deciption of "liquid CGI".

thats a shame, since surfer his years older then terminator, he was created aroun 1966. But when you look at the trailer you alaways will remember t-1000.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.