Ultraman The Next: One Of The Best Superhero Films Out There

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultraman Baltan
Up there with Spiderman and X2, Ultraman The Next, which I got for Christmas, is one of the most impressive superhero films I have seen in a long time. I have seen numerous Ultraman films before, and I was never impressed. This one, however, is amazing.
The film starts all over with new characters and ideas. While this is true, it takes elements from many Ultramen shows and films while mixing in a very dark and dramatic turn. There is much violence(which makes sense), impressive action sequences, great acting, and top notch CGI. For it's idea, the movie is very realistic and down to earth. The reactions of the characters to the issues make much sense. Some good twists as well.
I have read seven official reviews, and all have either been 4.5-5/5, 9-10/10, or A. Even one of the reviewers didn't like Ultraman!
Ultraman's design and character rocked out loud. One of my favorite Ultramen now.
The One is an excellent villain. One of the best badguys in any superhero film. The fact that in monster form that he is a telepath makes much sense.
You do not need to be an Ultraman film to like this. It appeals to many tastes. Heck, KoK would like it! The movie was made in 2004. Here is the final battle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYbFlXYpHzM&mode=related&search=
I suggest that you buy a subtitled copy online, or look for it to download on the internet. Two thumbs up. Very impressive.

Strangelove
I'll take your word for it no expression

Ultraman Baltan
Do! Wow. I actually never liked the Ultraman films I saw.
The Six Ultrabrothers vs. The Beast Army: Utter crap.
Ultraman Story: Annoying and dumb.
Ultraman vs. Kamen Rider: Ridiculous.
Ultraman Tiga The Final Odyssey: In between. Not that great, but iffy.
Ultraman The Next: Absolutely incredible.

There are at least 5 or 6 more Ultraman films, but I missed out. The newest came out this year. Called "Ultraman Mebius and the Six Ultrabrothers". I want to see it, but this will probably top it.

Ultraman Baltan
Two of the reviews.
http://www.mjsimpson.co.uk/reviews/ultramanthenext.html
http://www.hollywoodgothique.com/ultramanthenext2004.html

I disagree with the issues brough up by the second reviewer(he onlysaid those because he needed to find something wrong with it because he is a Godzilla fan), but he still gave it an A.

Dusty
I think I used to have an Ultraman action figure.

Did he have an animated TV show?

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Dusty
I think I used to have an Ultraman action figure.

Did he have an animated TV show?

Ultraman Jonias

EPIIIBITES
Those YouTube clips look awesome! Does a great job of keeping that campy look and feel, but with cooler cameras and snazzier effects. Awesome look to it.

Ultraman Baltan
If I were you, I would purchase it at www.ultramanuniverse.com right away. Only $15!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.