official samurai deeper kyo thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

boobsmagee
dont think theres one of these yet

been watching it and am going to finish it but,

i greatly dislike this anime its fights arnt all that great they in some ways remind me of the repetitive fights i saw in inuyasha i cant stand it
and the love scenes are quite dull, the attractions and crap dont come to me well i dont recommend this at all, but this is an anime about a powerful samurai (known as the most powerful) red eyes kyo, well, during a battle a samurai fights him, and wins (only person to ever truly defeat kyo) kyo somehow loses his body and is thrown in somone elses, and is now in search of his own so that he can defeat the samurai that knocked him outta his body, its a decent story line, but its still a very boring anime, not very often am i totally interested, it merely passes the time

so what does enyone else think of this lol confused

Emperor Ashtar
Read the manga, animes usually mess it up anyway.

Gregory
It's been discussed. Maybe there's no "official thread."

The general consensus of everybody I've talked to, IRL and on KMC, and my opinion as well, is that the anime is a poor shadow of the manga. I don't recall it as terrible; if I had nothing to compare it to, I'd have watched it, enjoying it just enough to sit through it until the end, and then never think of it again--just another not bad, but not terribly good anime, one of thousands.

The manga, on the other hand, is one of my favorites. Huge, multi-volume fights can drag sometimes, but Kamijyo never loses track of the characters, the fights are incredibly cool (better then Kenshin, IMO), and there's always enough mystery about what's going on to keep the reader coming back for more. Also, it has a comic relief character who, in his very first fight, tears out his opponent's heart and mocks him as he crushed it with his bare hands. You have to respect that.

I've often wondered what happened in the transition. Of course, a lot of animes aren't as good as the manga they're based on, but SDK is a weird case. They left out a lot of characters, like Bon, presumably for time reasons (they really didn't have enough episodes for a full adaption), but they added in an entirely new character (the one with the gun who could see the future), who isn't very interesting. They toned down everything, and turned most of the human and Mibu badguys into weird monsters. My theory is that they wanted to target it to a younger audience, and they figured they could accomplish this partly by toning down the number of human deaths, but that's just a guess.

lightness
the anime was really condensed, so they just made up their own story. unlike shows like naruto which follow the manga reasonably close but come up with tons of fillers.

but yes, read the manga. there's no excuse to not get started since the 1st 100 volumes are available online.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by lightness
1st 100 volumes are available online.

shifty they are?

lightness
http://www.stoptazmo.com/samurai_deeper_kyo/

Emperor Ashtar
Thanks.

boobsmagee
ill check the manga out when i have time, and i just finished sdk, after watching the last few episodes i began to like it a bit better, but still not one of my favorites, the reason i dislike the fights, is because there always using like the same attacks, and only once or twice, alot of them dont seem to have eny true hmmm thought involved? lol, it was the same deal with inuyasha, it was just a few thrown attks, and that character whos name i nvr really cared about lol, with the staff thing with the blade on the end w/e that thing was supposed to be ultra powerful, he only used it to most of its potential ONCE EVER the rest of the time he just tried to hack and slash with it, i mean come on that just makes the point of him having it for no reason, his character mine as well not have been part of the story at all :/, bah hopefully the manga is better than this crap

lightness
there is a slim chance that they may remake the anime to follow the manga. there have been other anime remakes, and the manga's quite popular.

since the series ended, it'll be really cool how we can have a fast paced action anime, with a good story, with the ultimate bad ass and no fillers. and they shouldn't change kyo's character so he gropes yuyu and spends her money on prostitutes.

no word but keep fingers crossed

randi_jedi
Geez, and the end. Talk about condensed. I haven't read all of the manga, but the anime is a heavy trip the last 3 episodes. U had to watch it like 8 times to get any sense out of the thing.

Gregory
They should never have attempted to animate the Mibu Arc. It was clear from the beginning that they didn't have the time. If they had to do SDK in so few episodes, they should have gone ahead and just done the Nabunaga resurrection story, without trying to wrap the overall story up, ala Berserk.

boobsmagee
Originally posted by randi_jedi
Geez, and the end. Talk about condensed. I haven't read all of the manga, but the anime is a heavy trip the last 3 episodes. U had to watch it like 8 times to get any sense out of the thing.

eek! despite how short it ismy god were u blind folded while watching this lol it wasnt that hard to figure out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.