who wil win a war

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

samle
ya just vote

Bicnarok
The Shadows from DS9

Admiral Akbar
A type III civilization with the power to harvest energy from massive celestial bodies and black holes.

doan_m
^damn those hungry hypermatter drives *grumble*

Kazenji
Skynet they just keep making machines

doan_m
CIS on the other hand make droids on a galactic scale. Skynet has not even reached such levels.

In Fate's Hands
Originally posted by doan_m
CIS on the other hand make droids on a galactic scale. Skynet has not even reached such levels.

skynet was to busy terminating the surviving humans to bother with that.

doan_m
Consider this: The CIS was at war with thousands of different planets during the clone wars. They had still managed to maintain successful droid production at their factories to maintain siege of those thousands of planets. Skynet has industrial capacity which can't even lay a finger on the CIS industrial abilities.

chillmeistergen
What is it about star wars that you like so much? seems like abit of a joke to me

-AC

pcp
A war against whom?

doan_m
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
What is it about star wars that you like so much? seems like abit of a joke to me

-AC

As a matter of fact Star Wars does not at all rank high upon my list, of favourite science fiction. It's dead in between the dislike and like factor of my head. But there has to be an Iota of common sense around in this debate. And right now the common sense is that all the movies and expanded universe points to Wars being superior in this kind of battle.

LORDSIDIOUS01
What about the Borg from Star Trek The Next Generation?

dave_kodak
Bruce Campbell's chin will win any war.

doan_m
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
What about the Borg from Star Trek The Next Generation?

That depends. If the borg decide to jump into the battle immediately there as good as dead against the CIS. If they do however chose to land on a backwater planet, and adapt star wars tech in their systems from there and work their way up then Borg would be capable of standing up against the CIS.

Everybody else is simply no contest for the Borg.

Count Makashi
What about species 8472, the Borg defeated them, only because of help from Woyager, because of those nanoprobes, if they could find some cure or invent something, that those nanoprobes wouldn't affect them, they would destroy the Borg.

doan_m
The same set of guys who possess firepower yields capable of destroying a planet? I believe 8472 is capable of taking this one. (Unless there was some sort of planet killer I missed in the CIS arsenal, not that it matters)

Lord Rock
The wookies! stick out tongue

dave_kodak
Originally posted by Lord Rock
The wookies! stick out tongue Bruce Campbell kills wookies.
with his mighty boomstick, and chansaw, and his hoard of chin loving fan's following his ever order as he leads them to the geek holy land...

stick out tongue

doan_m
A better candidate for a wookie killer in hand to hand combat is a space marine..... unarmored. Thier average movements are so fast that they appear as a blur to the normal human eye, they can lob your head off with one blow of thier fist and rip off your limbs in a few seconds. stick out tongue

dave_kodak
A better candidate for a wookie killer in hand to hand combat is a space marine..... unarmored. Thier average movements are so fast that they appear as a blur to the normal human eye, they can lob your head off with one blow of thier fist and rip off your limbs in a few seconds. stick out tongue
"haha i am victor!"

"not yet your not"

"yes i am, i still have a whole Eldar Fleat! 3,000 points on the table, you dont have anything!"

"i have one space merine"

".... well im ****ed"

"you sure are... you sure are"

homer2.0
it's either the type three civilization or the species 8472.
both are good bets.
and both could destroy planets

bloodoverme
That depends. If the borg decide to jump into the battle immediately there as good as dead against the CIS. If they do however chose to land on a backwater planet, and adapt star wars tech in their systems from there and work their way up then Borg would be capable of standing up against the CIS.

Everybody else is simply no contest for the Borg.

generally i think high-end startrek tech is way above high-end starwars tech. the vhong has the best tech in star wars universe which is only intergalactic faring, while startrek has the similarly intergalactic and supposedly omnipotent Q, and the inter dimensional species 8472. The borg alone would beat anything in the starwars EU.

bloodoverme
The Culture from the novels of Iain M. Banks. If you would include comic books then the annihalation wave from marvel or the race of celestials also from marvel. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Count Makashi
Originally posted by bloodoverme
generally i think high-end startrek tech is way above high-end starwars tech. the vhong has the best tech in star wars universe which is only intergalactic faring, while startrek has the similarly intergalactic and supposedly omnipotent Q, and the inter dimensional species 8472. The borg alone would beat anything in the starwars EU.

Q are the most powerful beings i ewer seen, but i haven seen all movies, maybe they are some more powerful, but i doubt it.

doan_m

Q is an absolute moot point. Were he so uber he wouldnt have gotten punched by Ben Sisko. Or at least some would have think he used his precog to avoid it. Species 8472 has just about the lousiest numbers ever. Not a very good industrial capacity in contrast to the federation. So bad that when voyager invaded there part of the galaxy a mere 4 ships were sent for interception. To add on to numbers the highest ever reported number of 8472 ships was 133 ships. Small fries in the SW galaxy. And the borg alone if it were taken into direct confrontation would be dead in heartbeat, thats why I suggested back water planets. Otherwise they would be dead. The methods of on the spot adaptations are a problem to as thier shields are frequency based. Something that SW weaponry does not have. Borg ships are also incapable of adapting to physical impactors.

Count Makashi
Q can travel ttrough time at will, zip Nelixs mouth, create anything what comes to their mind, they can do everything basically, no one can compare to them.

bloodoverme
Q is an absolute moot point. Were he so uber he wouldnt have gotten punched by Ben Sisko. Or at least some would have think he used his precog to avoid it. Species 8472 has just about the lousiest numbers ever. Not a very good industrial capacity in contrast to the federation. So bad that when voyager invaded there part of the galaxy a mere 4 ships were sent for interception. To add on to numbers the highest ever reported number of 8472 ships was 133 ships. Small fries in the SW galaxy. And the borg alone if it were taken into direct confrontation would be dead in heartbeat, thats why I suggested back water planets. Otherwise they would be dead. The methods of on the spot adaptations are a problem to as thier shields are frequency based. Something that SW weaponry does not have. Borg ships are also incapable of adapting to physical impactors.

i wasnt actually talking about Q the individual played by john de lancie, i was talking about the entire Q continuum. Q being punched by sisko is CIS. the Q have subdued a poweful being called 0 (zero) who cah create blackholes and prevented him from threatening the milkyway again by placing a barrier over the entire galaxy which they would keep until such time as other beings could stand against zero without assistance from the Q. a Q child plays around with the borg and during the Q civil war they were detonating stars by the hundreds.

species 8472 was defeated by PIS. they are immune to assimilation and two ships were able to destroy several borg cubes in seconds. the weapons of eight bioships can be linked with that of a larger ninth bioship of modified design; the collective weapon thus formed can destroy an entire planet in seconds.

greater numbers doesnt give you the win as seen in the clone wars when the republic beat the trade federation and its allies, besides, starwars was only able to produce 2 death stars and 1 suncrusher.

and the main question was what army can beat the other army not what army can beat the entire star wars galaxy. no single government whether empire, old republic, new republic or the vhong would be able to stand against the borg much less species 8472 or the Q.

doan_m
i wasnt actually talking about Q the individual played by john de lancie, i was talking about the entire Q continuum. Q being punched by sisko is CIS.
Had they remained in the continuum its an obvious death. However I assumed a single being. My mistake, but seeing as you brought the gang, now it extends into omnipotent bullocks. Something that as a standard, usually remains irrelevant to weapons to weapons fight. In other words I am conceding victory in favour of Q (since you brought the whole gang up.

Borg Cubes act as the uber beings in thier respective universe. However when placed in a galaxy which has the upper hand in firepower yields. They no longer possess such capabilities anymore.
And as I said before, the methods of which Borg Cube adaptation on the battlefield works is death by NDF
A naval ship armed with sufficient amounts of turbolasers may glass the surface of a planet rending it entirely lifeless in a few hours. Hell a mere star destroyer by itself was capable of doing such a feat. Bottom line is that SW firepower yields are magnitudes higher then that of ST. A voyager torpedo is calced at around 64 megatons of energy. While SW turbolasers are calced at around 10-15 gigatons of energy as a generous low end estimate. In other words, being more powerful then a borg cube means nothing in the SW galaxy.

During that moment of planetary death there was a pause before the actual death occurs. This could more or less denote that said beam of destruction is chain reaction based and if it were to fire into space, without the reactants present, such a reaction would not occur.

To add on to that even if it were truly a planet killing weapon that is not chain reaction based as it says, when a fleet of of bioships does encounter a CIS fleet, for every planet killing shot that 8472 shoots out, one can expect that there will be an even greater salvo of turbolaser's and ion cannons raining down on the bioships ready to make charred meat out of the likes of thier enemies.

Add in the World Crushers, multiplying monstrosities which consume a planets mass to convert it into more World Crushers, the Galaxy gun which shoots long distance FTL planet killing missiles across the galaxy, An acclamator, is also capable of glassing an entire planet into oblivion(not as effectively as the ISD), Eclipse and Sovereign-class Star Destroyers both have thier own compact superlaser also capable of what is described as being able to "sear continents off the planet" and "crack a planets crust". Finally add in Darth Sidious himself who infamously ignited a force storm which consumed an entire fleet. With all the absurd amounts of Planet killing going on its pretty much standard for any planets to have thier own planetary shields.

If one side is entitled to bring up different armies to their adversaries then it is common sense that the other side be entitled to the same rights.

Q is OBS. There usually considered not to be brought into debates as is usually standard with rules since they are demigods, not actual weapons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.