POTC 3 Trailer Poster, wedding band.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mistypirate
Sorry if this has been posted before, but there has been a speculation going around about the skull in the trailer poster having a wedding band hanging. It is said that the skulls represent Jack's journey and fate through the movies. could this supposed "wedding band mean some kind of marriage or commitment?

Chiki Mina
I dont understand? What wedding band? Is there really one?

Mistypirate
Yes save the pic, and zoom it. It looks like a wedding band hanging from the skull. And I also found out that the color red is used in marriages in Oriental ceremonies. Notice how the background is red.

Mistypirate
Heres a better pic save it n zoom it.

AOR
wow the second one doesn't look as fake as the first one...

Chiki Mina
Im not gonna jump into conclusions but, does it represent a certain comitment?

Mistypirate
Yes I think a wedding band represents commitment, but who knows. Isn't weird that the earing it has a shape like a wedding band? If you look at the DMC poster you can clearly see that it is an earing, its more bigger and finer.

savvysparrow
Where is the wedding band supposed to be? I honestly don't see it.

Mistypirate
You have to save it and zoom it. Its on the right side, where he has all those things hanging. This was being discussed in KTTC as well.

savvysparrow
I believe you, it's just that when I zoom in the picture is really fuzzy. It's an interesting theory. Especially with the voodoo doll in the teaser poster from DMC.

Mistypirate
Its really fuzzy, try the second one you will see it better.

katelovespirate
its the ring of power. T and T decided one confusing prop wasn't enough so they borrowed some of Frodo's jewelry. Jack has it for a while, then Will steals it and uses it to pierce his ear. Elizabeth tries to wear it but it's too big for her, symbolizing all the men are too cool for her. It's gonna be intense.

savvysparrow
The real secret of AWE is that Norrington secretly transforms into Gollum and chases after Elizabeth, calling her 'my precious'. Yes, I see the significance of the ring now...

Mistypirate
Interesting, big grin I thought Liz was going to use it to pierce her nose?

katelovespirate
oh right! i forgot that bit. there was a picture of that somewhere...

Mistypirate
Well that was my idea, Disney production I better get credit for the Liz nose piercing thing big grin

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by katelovespirate
its the ring of power. T and T decided one confusing prop wasn't enough so they borrowed some of Frodo's jewelry. Jack has it for a while, then Will steals it and uses it to pierce his ear. Elizabeth tries to wear it but it's too big for her, symbolizing all the men are too cool for her. It's gonna be intense.

This is something new I dont know. Can anyone explain that to me?

IheartPocky
I zoomed in...

I guess it could be a ring..

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
This is something new I dont know. Can anyone explain that to me?

Its just Kate fooling around. big grin

Bwa Ha Ha
lol yeah

Chiki Mina
*sits in a corner and cries*

Bwa Ha Ha
why?

Mistypirate
Did I say something bad? Why are u crying?

Bwa Ha Ha
....i'm cold

Chiki Mina
*sniff*

-savvychick-
*hugs mina* its okbig grin

Mistypirate
I'm confuse, confused whats going on? Mina you are scaring the hell out of me.

Bwa Ha Ha
yes indeed

Chiki Mina
I feel stupid lol. I got confused over kate's theory.

Mistypirate
God I thought of the worst scenario. I was biting my nails.

Chiki Mina
no not that. Just felt stupid lol

-savvychick-
no expression what would the worst scenerio be?

Mistypirate
I even got chest pains. I though I was going to faint. LOL

Mistypirate
Originally posted by -savvychick-
no expression what would the worst scenerio be?

The worst scenario. Well I don't know why. But, I thought Mina found out something that was going to happen in AWE. I mean what could be the worst that could happen for our ship? And immortal W/E ending, Jack getting really killed this time, W/E fairytale ending, Jack sailing away with the two prostitutes. I thought the worst. embarrasment

Chiki Mina
Omg Misty, sorry if I scared you!

-savvychick-
oh....lol

god...that would be terrible *shudders*

its strange how into this movie we are...but its kool, cuz somehow or another we ended up on herebig grin lol

Mistypirate
Its ok Mina, I was frighten but its cool now. big grin I'm going to get more freaked out as the premiere date gets closer. Yes we are so in to this movie that it is kinda scary. LOL

Bwa Ha Ha
mmhmm

Chiki Mina
we need more pirates info

Mistypirate
We do need more info. This uncertainty is killing me.

Mistypirate
Ok good nite everyone. it was good to be back, *hugs and kisses* Talk to you's tomorrow bye.

Chiki Mina
Buenas Noches!

keep the faith!!xoxo

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Its ok Mina, I was frighten but its cool now. big grin I'm going to get more freaked out as the premiere date gets closer. Yes we are so in to this movie that it is kinda scary. LOL

Tell me about it as the premiere date gets closer we are all gonna be walking on pins and needles...lmao! very intense!

Mistypirate
I'm thinking about not login in to the forum when the date gets closer. I don't want to know in case of a worse scenario fear. But so far everything its looking merry and bright for us. wink *says prayer* pray

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Mistypirate
I'm thinking about not login in to the forum when the date gets closer. I don't want to know in case of a worse scenario fear. But so far everything its looking merry and bright for us. wink *says prayer* pray

Yes but how will we know if u havent died of like a stroke from excitment that the movie is coming?...LOL!

U Need to check in....LMAO...otherwise i shall be forced to send the search and rescue to Orlando to make sure ur OK...LOL!!!

Mistypirate
Don't worry, Temptation is going to be hard to resist. big grin I'm going to come in no matter wot. Don't care if I have a stroke.

PirateDiva
LOL....Oh But we do!!! and u have to care cant die b4 the movie now can ya!

Mistypirate
Hope not sad I hope I don't get a heart attack or something eek! After I watch AWE I can die happily or who knows sadly depending what happens.

a-k-a-amber
after AWE comes out i think i will go into a state of depression because my obbsession is over bawling

Mistypirate
LOL I know and even more depending what happens at the end. sad

aelizabeth
Omg! that will be so sad, once its over! What will we all do with our lives? (hi btw).

Hopefully they do some more movies, they've hinted they will, so we have something to talk about. I love Pirates so much.

a-k-a-amber
yes another movie IS in order

HI! aelizabeth

LOL I know and even more depending what happens at the end. sad
-Mistypirate

yeah i will go into a happy depression if J/E happens but if W/E happens or the immortal thing thats been goin' around i will just be miserable...

Mistypirate
Hi aelizabeth smile

If there's a 4th movie I'll be happy, well that is depending what happens in AWE. If there's a W/E immortal ending I would be so sea sick. I just can't see that happening, that wouldn't be a bittersweet ending it would be a horrible stupid and tragic ending. Imagine that, W/E both become zombies LOL. That would be so heartbreaking and sad. Well now TnT changed the ending to kick ass, I am even more afraid. I wonder what it means? *starts biting nails*

aelizabeth
In my opinion, a WE ending would deflate liz's character development in DMC. If it ends with JE, then another movie (if it's a sequel) is open for more character development for all of them. Liz has to discover what it's really like to be a pirate; free, while Will is looking for his father, and figuring out his past, and what he's going to become.

a-k-a-amber
I have no idea... Im so confused and im on my last layer of sanity and Im afraid something just awful is going to happen.... *sniffle* GOD! i need the trailer... it may calm me down a bit

aelizabeth
me too! the trailer MUST have even a tiny tiny tiny hint. It has to. If, it doesnt, I dont know what'll happen to the few layers of sanity I still have left.

willofthewisp
While I love Jack, I love the trio of him, Liz, and Will together. I think something would feel missing if we just continued with Jack and Liz and Will weren't there.

Chiki Mina
I have to admit that I love Jack and Will working together. It's hillarious because they fight together and they fight eachother sometimes. I love it.

a-k-a-amber
I agree even though i dont want him to get the girl he still needs to be in it

aelizabeth
In my Jack/Liz daze I almost completly forgot about Will. But he isn't a bad character. He's really kind and respectful of Elizabeth, he loves her a lot. He wants to free his father so badly, and he's not really in to the whole "betraying" thing. He is an all around nice guy.

But now I realize how sad it would be if the trio split completly. Jack and Will ARE so fun to watch working together smile. Hopefully if it ends JE Will wont leave us sad.

willofthewisp
No because Will finds Kate, his maid who is more than meets the eye. Check out POTC4 on fanfiction.net. Happy Dance

I love Jack and Will working together. They don't like each other, but seem to have a respect for the other one's abilities. It's just hilarious how the know how to push each other's buttons.

katelovespirate
Originally posted by aelizabeth
In my opinion, a WE ending would deflate liz's character development in DMC. If it ends with JE, then another movie (if it's a sequel) is open for more character development for all of them. Liz has to discover what it's really like to be a pirate; free, while Will is looking for his father, and figuring out his past, and what he's going to become.

yeah i have to say im with you here. it wouldnt make sense, it would be depressing. unless they are going for Elizabeth learning to be overly noble, but that doesn't seem to fit the tone of the films at all.

willofthewisp
To be fair, a big theme in COTBP is that someone can be a pirate and be a good person at the same time, so maybe it's a running theme that applies to the other characters too.

*jcd*gmc*
http://filmz.ru/pub/61/9467_2.htm

Just use this. Look on the right side of the skull to see a silver wedding band.

*jcd*gmc*
I just wanted to see if anyone noticed, but have you ever seen that the "crossbones" have been different things each movie? It's kinda obvious, but what is it supposed to represent? In the first one--swords; second--torches; third--bones as far as we know. The things behind the skull have to mean something, but what?

*jcd*gmc*
Originally posted by aelizabeth

I have to say that this is true. I also believe that Will is the kind of person to let Liz go without a fuss. He would feel beat-up inside, especially because he'll always be pissed at Jack for stealing his fionse (I could care less about spelling). Like Norrington, for instance. He let Liz go to be with Will because he really cared about her. If Will really loves Liz he will let her go. He just seems like the kind of guy who would so something like that for his true love...

...Eventually Will would get over Liz and find some other girl to claim as his own, but POTC audiences won't need to hear about that. There's a reason to give Orlando the boot if Liz dumps him because we won't need to hear his "epilogue" so to speak. Meaning we won't need to hear about his life after he gives Liz up for Jack.

LovelyOne
the REAL wedding of characters doesnt have to be a REAL wedding in a movie as in wedding vowels and the whole priest deal

I think the REAL wedding of 2 characters took place in DMC itself on Jack's pearl.

In my opinion the "sacred marriage" already happened in the franchise and it was between Jack and Elizabeth, not Will and Elzabeth. Thats what I personally feel Terry and Ted are trying to get at when they are talking about the chains in the commentary......

LovelyOne
that looks more like a wedding ring to me.

Mistypirate
Yes Lovely I believe so to, that commitment took place at the end of DMC. They both met their own terms and therefore were committed to each other. But that supposed "wedding band" is sure giving us a headache. A wedding band symbolizes Wedding bands symbolizing eternal love by their lack of beginning or end. I don't think that it has to do with a marriage per say. It has a more deeper meaning to it, I think.

savvysparrow
Also, Elizabeth, Jack and Will are not the only potentially marriagable couples. There is Davy Jones and Tia Dalma to consider. It may pertain to their sadly destroyed relationship, we don't know yet. Remember how Jack attempts to manipulate Davy Jones when he speaks of Will's betroval to Elizabeth.

katelovespirate
okay major de ja vue. wierd. i feel like we've had this convo before.

Mistypirate
Humm I get that all the time, specially when I am on this forum. eek! I'm serious.

katelovespirate
guys, im still convinced it's the ring of power. remember how they borrowed the arc of the covenant for this first film? they borrowed the ring of power for film 3.

gee, one day i'm going to have to take these things more seriously...

Mistypirate
LOL The ring of LOTR, you mean?

katelovespirate
yeah. and the evenstar, while they are at it.

im so sick of important jewelry. why not something creative, like an important t-shirt or an imporant thumb tack?

jackismyboo
lol that will be interesting, important thumbtacks! I think that will confuse us even more but i completely agree with you

I like your idea of the ring of power it makes sense. I think somewhere it made it officail it is a wedding ring unfortunatley. though it may meen w/l but that can only meen Wills final request. kinda like lord of the rings but instead pirate of the ring!

I have a huge theory that Will will stab the heart and know what his judgment will be and he realizes sparrow is really a good man and elizabeth is in the right hands and liz will try to stop him from his task but jack will be there for her and so in the end she ends up with jack. though if Will was still not immortal she will end up with him! i know it spunds crazy but that my fantasy of the AWE ending.

Surreal_44
...Eventually Will would get over Liz and find some other girl to claim as his own, but POTC audiences won't need to hear about that.

Jack can get ove Elizabeth just as easily as Will could, and it would in fact be more in character for him to do so.

Jack isn't the bleeding heart type, although a lot of you seem determined to make him out to be pathetic and lost if Elizabeth doesn't love him. stick out tongue He isn't that way at all, character development or not. I think he'd be upset if Liz chose someone else over him, but heartbroken...no.

And why is ok for Will to be heartsick and heartbroken, and not Jack? Will needs the love as much as Jack does.

willofthewisp
Love for Johnny, surreal. That's all it is.

It does look like a wedding ring, man's or woman's I can't tell.

Have any of you read "Under the Black Flag?" It's all about pirates and it's so interesting. I would love to post every single little fact on here, but I won't. I just wanted to put here that the very symbol for all the POTC movies, skull and crossbones, wasn't that popular a flag. Most used plain black or plain red flags....kind of like the background of the AWE poster.

So if the whole poster is pirate-related and not marriage related like what we thought, what if the wedding ring is Sao's? Like he plans to actually marry Liz? I'm not saying it will actually happen, but couldn't that be a scene? He thinks she's Calypso and all, but thinks the biggest benefit for him is to marry her? He is a pirate after all.

LovelyOne
its VERY strange to me that its on JACKS bandanna..it suggests that she's really married to him already.

it makes a ton of sense t the widow before marriage line.

willofthewisp
I fail to see how it specifically hints a marriage, figurative or literal, between Jack and Liz.

jackismyboo
idk if this helps you but jack wanted elizabeth to be a pirate and elizabeth wanted Jack to be courages! then the story about a widow with her husband lost at sea! Jack proposed to elizabeth but meant it figuratively not literally little did he know that they both met each others wants making them their vows then jack dies which ties in with widows husband lost at sea jack died in the sea, making elizabeth a widow so they are kinda married but not so literally.

I can see Jack getting married i know some people think "oh he's a pirate it doesn't fit in very good and jack doesn't do that sorta thing!" Jack has done many things we never think he do: he fell in love, he told the truth, he did something courages, he gave up his ship to the kraken. I think when jack said his first and only love is the sea and how he doesn't want to make elizabeth and obligation he does just that he knows he has fallen over heels for her (sorry for being so romantic i just watched the holiday) he does make her an obligation and in the end of DMC we saw jack as a new man i really can see him getting married to elizabeth and sailing togteher wherever they want no rules no bounderies just them the crew and freedom. idk if this makes any sense to you i just had to spill it out and in my mind it makes sense.

Mistypirate
Very well put wink

jackismyboo
THANKS! big grin and happy new year!

i love your sig! "true love will find a way" i believe it 100%

Mistypirate
Happy New Years to you to. smile
Oh yes True Love will definitely find it's way. wink

Chiki Mina
Right now I'm a little bitter about love lol. But I just know that Jack and Liz deserve it--to be together..*sigh* smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.