James Brown and Gerald Ford die.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Barker
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OBIT_FORD?SITE=MAHYC&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Strangelove
On Christmas Day, James Brown, the Godfather of Soul and the "Hardest Working Man in Show Business" died of heart failure at 1:45 am of heart failure after being admitted to the hospital for an extreme case of pneumonia. He was 73

Also, today, Gerald Ford, the 38th President of the United States, died, probably of heart problems as well. He was fitted with a pacemaker in August and had an angioplasty in October. He passed at around 10 to midnight and was 93

Tptmanno1
Sucky coupla days...
All the innovators are dying...
Ray Charles, James Brown. Kinda sad...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
OK, they're dead...So now what? Is there really anything to discuss?

Strangelove
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
OK, they're dead...So now what? Is there really anything to discuss? Well, the General Discussion Forum is pretty much used to post current events, what's to complain about?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Strangelove
On Christmas Day, James Brown, the Godfather of Soul and the "Hardest Working Man in Show Business" died of heart failure at 1:45 am of heart failure after being admitted to the hospital for an extreme case of pneumonia. He was 73

Also, today, Gerald Ford, the 38th President of the United States, died, probably of heart problems as well. He was fitted with a pacemaker in August and had an angioplasty in October. He passed at around 10 to midnight and was 93

I know; it's surreal and sad. But not all that surprising, as they were both pretty damn old.

"I'm a Ford, not a Lincoln." - Gerald Ford.

^ One of my all-time favorite presidential quotes.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I know; it's surreal and sad. But not all that surprising, as they were both pretty damn old.

"I'm a Ford, not a Lincoln." - Gerald Ford.

^ One of my all-time favorite presidential quotes. given what an energetic performer James Brown was (he performed at my college just a couple months ago), it's a wonder he didn't die sooner.

I never had much repsect for Ford, he's the only President who was never actually elected to the office

Shalimar_fox
besides bush

Quiero Mota
I never had much repsect for Ford, he's the only President who was never actually elected to the office

That's the only reason you don't respect him?

edit: As in big deal, he wasn't bad.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
That's the only reason you don't respect him?

edit: As in big deal, he wasn't bad. not the only reason, I don't know enough about the job he did to make a judgment, but it's hard to respect someone who the people never chose.Originally posted by Shalimar_fox
besides bush eh, it just proves that a little more than half the country are morons (half of which were probably lifelong Republicans and didn't even try to make an educated decision)

But lets get back to the issue that two prominent people in Americana are dead

The Pict
93, man that's a good run in life.

Lord Evolution
Sad just sad.

R.I.P. Godfather of soul...

JaehSkywalker
Condolences....

yeah, i dunno who the heck they are, but, still....

R.I.P

Gregory
So a wife-beating drug-addict and one of the most nondescript president in modern history both died.

That's ... a shame? I guess?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Well, the General Discussion Forum is pretty much used to post current events, what's to complain about?

Ain't comlpainin' jus' interested in knowin' wha' you feel dere is to discuss.

Naz
Peter Boyle died a little while ago too weep

Eclipso
Sad to hear, I hope the do a nice tirbute to Brown at the AMA's and grammy's this year.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Ain't comlpainin' jus' interested in knowin' wha' you feel dere is to discuss. there isn't really anything to discuss. Much like there's not much to discuss when any person gets a thread after they die, but they get posted any wayOriginally posted by Gregory
So a wife-beating drug-addict and one of the most nondescript president in modern history both died.

That's ... a shame? I guess? eh, just reporting that they died, that's all

Punkyhermy
sad

Victor Von Doom
there isn't really anything to discuss. Much like there's not much to discuss when any person gets a thread after they die, but they get posted any way eh, just reporting that they died, that's all

The Music Forum already has a James Brown thread.

I always find, though, any thread where you could realistically answer 'Oh, really', to be annoying.

xmarksthespot
To be honest, I thought James Brown was already dead.

The whole "this person died" thread is kind of old, but at least this time it's not just the TrimSpa lady's junkie son ODing.

Bardock42

Not a good reason and also not true either.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
To be honest, I thought James Brown was already dead.

Does it make you feel strange when that happens?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Does it make you feel strange when that happens? Quite.

Same thing with Rosa Parks.

For a while I thought that guy who played that old guy in Police Academy was dead. And that middle child from Full House for some reason.

Bardock42
Quite.

Same thing with Rosa Parks.

For a while I thought that guy who played that old guy in Police Academy was dead. And that middle child from Full House for some reason.

I once though Jimi Hendrix was dead. Boy was I wrong. SHUT UP!

guy222

May they rest in peace

PVS
LOL

FistOfThe North
7393, some good numbers to play.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Bardock42
Not a good reason and also not true either. No, Gerald Ford was never elected to the office of President. He was appointed as Vice President by Nixon and assumed the office after Nixon resigned. He was never elected President, unlike other VPs that assumed the office, because they were at least elected Vice President.

What's not to understand?

Strangelove
I must protest that Barker got Thread Starter credit, being as his thread never even got replies and the title of mine got used erm

xmarksthespot
... Is it really that important to you. messed

KidRock
Originally posted by Shalimar_fox
besides bush roll eyes (sarcastic)

Strangelove
... Is it really that important to you. messed not especially, just a passing annoyance

crazy
Yea I have to admit with Rosa Parks, before she actually died I always thought she was dead.

Bardock42
No, Gerald Ford was never elected to the office of President. He was appointed as Vice President by Nixon and assumed the office after Nixon resigned. He was never elected President, unlike other VPs that assumed the office, because they were at least elected Vice President.

What's not to understand?

Well, true as that, though that is still not a good reason for dislike. If you have more reasons I can understand. But that's hardly enough, don't you think?

Strangelove
Well, true as that, though that is still not a good reason for dislike. If you have more reasons I can understand. But that's hardly enough, don't you think? I don't exactly have a judgment on how well he performed during his time as President. All I know is that he was never elected and he pardoned Nixon. And that is grounds enough not to respect him, which is all I said. I never said anything about liking the guy.

Bardock42
I don't exactly have a judgment on how well he performed during his time as President. All I know is that he was never elected and he pardoned Nixon. And that is grounds enough not to respect him, which is all I said. I never said anything about liking the guy.

I resepect a lot of guys that never were elected.

Strangelove
I resepect a lot of guys that never were elected. roll eyes (sarcastic) I mean as President, you're unnecessarily sarcastic a lot.

2-D
Originally posted by Barker
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OBIT_FORD?SITE=MAHYC&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

WAT??? No one told me

bet he didnt feel so good (dadadadadada) laughing out loud

ludagurl3d
sad

Capt_Fantastic
So, I guess we're operating under the impression that neither of these men deserved their own thread?

Strangelove
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
So, I guess we're operating under the impression that neither of these men deserved their own thread? eh, they died within a day of each other, and apparently people don't appreciate death announcements here. So it's just as well

Bardock42
roll eyes (sarcastic) I mean as President, you're unnecessarily sarcastic a lot.

Sarcastic doesn't quite fit it.

Strangelove
Sarcastic doesn't quite fit it. Arrogant disdain? hmm

Bardock42
Arrogant disdain? hmm

Better. Warmer.

PVS
So, I guess we're operating under the impression that neither of these men deserved their own thread?

not to mention that saddam got like 5 threads (unless i missed a few)

Strangelove
Better. Warmer. Friendly ribbing?

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
not to mention that saddam got like 5 threads (unless i missed a few)

Yeah, pure idiocy.

Friendly ribbing?

We'll leave it at that.

Funkadelic

James brown Certainly DESERVES a thread.

]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6617/n1011450170300408048376mk4.jpg

botankus
TNT showed Rocky IV a couple of days after he passed. (James Brown performing Living in America before Apollo's fight).

debbiejo
I want a gold casket........crybaby

Btw Ford is coming to be in Grand Rapids Michigan...Doesn't he know there are no jobs here?

xmarksthespot
So, I guess we're operating under the impression that neither of these men deserved their own thread? Well, their mothers don't promote TrimSpa now do they?

Weyoun
As I understand it, not be born at the time I can't be sure, although unelected Ford helped heal a nation.

James Brown was the Godfater of Soul both are far more worthy of a thread than many of the things I have seen in this forum whilst browsing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.