Hand-to-Hand Combat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Davin Maul
OK, here it is. Who is the best fighter from the movies? No weapons allowed, just fists, feet, head...etc. Here's the list, If you think I left out a good one just add him in.

Darth Maul
Kit Fisto
General Grevious
Yoda
Mace Windu
Plo Koon
Obi-Wan (ROTS)
Han Solo
Boba Fett
Jango

Davin Maul
I think it is Maul. He kicked (literally) ass against 2 very good Jedis in Obi-Wan and Qui Gon. Kit is also very good but I think Maul would beat Kit in a final match.

Kadesh
Vader, he can tear you balls apart and trust me he can beat the hell out of every1 in that list, GG would give him a hard time though

General Kenobl
In hand-to-hand combat, either Maul or Windu. Maul's a master of Teras Kasi. Windu was shown to deadly in fists (Shatterpoint), and was able to give Kar Vastor, the lor pelek and a strong hand-to-hand fighter, a helluva fight.

I go with Maul.

Kadesh
i stick with vader, he manhandled a wild animal 4 times bigger than he was

General Kenobl
Peut-etre, mais Vader is not on zi list.

darthsith19
Darth Maul was given extensive hand-to-hand combat training. Mace seems really good, too, the stuff he did in Shatterpoint was amazing. I'd say it's between them two.

Blaxican
Explain to me how Maul is going to beat a black man in H2H?

Sexyback
All jedi are trained in the use of martial arts, the Caestus Deception makes this clear.

Blaxican
Originally posted by Blaxican
Explain to me how Maul is going to beat a black man in H2H?

General Kenobl
LOL, Mace is black, he wins.

Darth Subjekt
I say GG...you saw what happened to OB1 when he kicked him...c'mon people...logic. How are any of them going to hurt him? Unless they pull a WWE move and do an eye gouge.

Other than that as far as skill...i'd say Jango

Sexyback
Technically, I'd say Darth Maul, given he's a master of Teras Kasi, and the kind of stuff he pulls of in the EU . By 'technically', I purely mean their technique, so I'm disregarding things such as strength, speed, strength in the force, the fact that Grievous is a droid stick out tongue
But I'm sure Jango or Boba could most definitely take the spot, I just don't know enough about them.

Darth Subjekt
Yea i was looking at it more as a battle royal, where i think GG would win given the size, strength, and metal body advantage.

But yes, technique, I'd say Jango, followed closely by Maul.

Gideon
No weapons allowed - does this include the Force? Then it's between Mace, Maul, and Grievous. I have not read Shatterpoint in a long time, but I would assume (emphasis on "assume"wink that Mace only gets to his outrageously powerful level of strength via using the Force?

Because, otherwise, Windu is a big guy (six foot one and muscular), but he's what? In his forties or fifties? Maul is quicker than him, probably stronger, and better versed in physical combat. Without the Force, Mace isn't going to beat Maul, and it probably wouldn't get a fight.

That said, Grievous tears Maul to hell. Maul's probably a better fighter (Grievous was just throwing Obi-Wan like a ragdoll, there's zero technique), but Grievous has superhuman strength and dexterity.

So, I'd say Grievous wins. Jango would come in third, but Maul would beat him.

darthsith19
What if Maul pulled back Grievous's metal chest platings and then punched the crap out of his organs?

Gideon
Originally posted by darthsith19
What if Maul pulled back Grievous's metal chest platings and then punched the crap out of his organs?

Yeah. That's assuming he'd be able to get in close, which would require him being able to evade Grievous's four arms (one of which is stronger than Maul's two) and two legs. Remember: Grievous could swing a lightsaber at twenty strikes per second. Imagine him using those reflexes and that strength against Maul's bare bone.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
I say GG...you saw what happened to OB1 when he kicked him...c'mon people...logic. How are any of them going to hurt him? Unless they pull a WWE move and do an eye gouge.

Other than that as far as skill...i'd say Jango

Darth Subjekt
exactly

General Kenobl
I forgot about Grievous. Hmmm.....Maul is very fast and strong. It's certainly possible for him to crush Grievous heart but I don't know.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Gideon
Yeah. That's assuming he'd be able to get in close, which would require him being able to evade Grievous's four arms (one of which is stronger than Maul's two) and two legs. Remember: Grievous could swing a lightsaber at twenty strikes per second. Imagine him using those reflexes and that strength against Maul's bare bone.
Well, Kenobi managed to pull back his platings and Maul's a better unarmed fighter than Kenobi is. Assuming there's no cliff nearby Maul would get back up after Grievous tosses him aside (like he did with Kenobi) and then punch his organs to death. Hmm, I guess this depends on whether or not this is ROTS or EU Grievous.

Rampant ox
But in saying that, as soon as Kenobi opened GG's chest plates he got pwned. He most certainly would have lost if he didnt find that blaster. Maul would be the same, only he wouldnt have the blaster to help him. Also Greivous would still have all four of his arms.

Darth Subjekt
if maul could pull them out, GG could push them back it...

Rampant ox
Precisely.

darthsith19
Yeah, but Maul's better at hand-to-hand combat than Kenobi is. And Kenobi just got tossed off the side of the cliff right after that, same would happen to Maul, which is way I said "assuming there's no cliff nearby..."

True.

Darth Subjekt
Doesn't matter who is a better fighter when fighting a mound of metal...and your fighting ability has no bearing on positioning yourself to open up a check cavity. Being that Maul does in fact fight differently than OB1, GG might take a different approach and not let him get as close. But GG could snap a neck in a matter of seconds...anyone's neck.

darthsith19
Then why didn't Grievous snap Obi-Wan's neck right away? And Maul being a better fighter means maybe he could get in and pull back the chest plates and then get back out before getting punched/tossed aside.

Gideon
Then why didn't Grievous snap Obi-Wan's neck right away? And Maul being a better fighter means maybe he could get in and pull back the chest plates and then get back out before getting punched/tossed aside.

To be honest, lol, I think at that point, Grievous was very much intimidated by Obi-Wan. He'd lost two arms to the guy, got Force pushed into a wall, and chased all across Utapau by him. In the case with Maul, he'd have all four hands (again, one of Grievous's hands is stronger than both of Maul's).

And he is faster than Maul, as well. Faster reflexes. I don't see Maul winning this without the Force to power his ability. Don't get me wrong, in unarmed combat, Maul's one of the very best and his technique is better than Grievous's - but he lacks the General's extreme physical attributes.

darthsith19
I think that Maul is faster than ROTS Grievous and has betetr reflexes.

Sexyback
I don't actually know too much about the Fetts. Who would win between Boba and Jango?

Noob_Krueger
Originally posted by Sexyback
I don't actually know too much about the Fetts. Who would win between Boba and Jango?

Well seeing as Jango is the original, and Boba is more experinced...eh...Well, I'm leaning to Jango, he shown more physical force in films, books, and EU. Dunno about Boba.

Sexyback
Well from what I've heard, by LotF, Boba is very badass, but so was Jango, being able to take on jedi and all.

Noob_Krueger
Well from what I've heard, by LotF, Boba is very badass, but so was Jango, being able to take on jedi and all.

*shrugs*

I'm leaning toward Grevious. Remember how he can spin his whole body and his arm? Causing a Lightsaber Tornado-like effect? Imagine doing it with his fist! HE IS INVINCIBLE!

Gideon
I think that Maul is faster than ROTS Grievous and has betetr reflexes.

No. Grievous can swing up to twenty strikes per second, according to the novelization. Can Maul do that? Hell no.

Sexyback
With 4 sabers...

Gideon
With 4 sabers...

No. Each his sabers were going twenty strikes per second.

Edit: I think. I'll have to find the novelization.

Sexyback
Which novelisation? I can look if you want, just tell me where abouts it is said.

Gideon
Which novelisation? I can look if you want, just tell me where abouts it is said.

The RotS novelization. It is the chapter where Grievous engaged Kenobi on Utapau. Something like "and, finally, at twenty strikes per second, Grievous overloaded Obi-Wan's defense."

Tangible God
Yoda, really?

Gideon

Very.

Boba and Han, in their seventies, kick an outrageous amount of ass. Boba, moreso, being a trained Mandalorian and bounty hunter is able to grapple with foes a third of his age and win, but it also has to do with his unparalleled technique. Hell, Jacen is extremely leary of him after the incident in Bloodlines and makes it clear that he would not willingly start a feud with Fett.

Jango may (I couldn't tell you) the better fighter of the two, though, I suppose (one could argue that a blind Han Solo defeated Fett whereas Jango was defeated by one of the most powerful Jedi in history). However, Boba is by far the more difficult foe to get rid of - and he escaped the Sarlaac.

I'd go with Boba between the two of them.

Davin Maul
You keep saying that GG is the best. He might be the best because he only fought Jedi. He might be unprepared to fight someone as good as Maul, let's face it, Obi was lucky and was just in a street-fighting mode. Against Maul, GG would need to be verrrry careful. Plus it also said in the novelization that GG basically learned all the forms by fighting Jedi. He wouldn't have seen Maul fight before and therefore would not have any advantages in a fight which gives Maul the win.

Rampant ox
Greivous is made of metal. Maul, no matter how skilled, cant punch through metal.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Davin Maul
You keep saying that GG is the best. He might be the best because he only fought Jedi. He might be unprepared to fight someone as good as Maul, let's face it, Obi was lucky and was just in a street-fighting mode. Against Maul, GG would need to be verrrry careful. Plus it also said in the novelization that GG basically learned all the forms by fighting Jedi. He wouldn't have seen Maul fight before and therefore would not have any advantages in a fight which gives Maul the win.

The forms you speak of are in fact lightsaber forms, and have no bearing on hand to hand combat. A kick is a kick, whether its from Maul, or a lying down OB1...same outcome, "BING"..."OWWWW!!!!" I'm not saying GG is the best fighter, I'm saying he's the one who would survive. Tell you what...go up to a guy, any guy, and punch him in the face. Then go up to a car, truck, whatever, and punch an engine block...i guarantee that you will have two very different outcomes. Now, imagine if that engine block was punch at you with 4 arms and two legs, with speeds not possible by a human...see where I'm going with this?

Imagine Bruce Lee or Muhammad Ali (the only two men quoted as punching as fast as a cat can swipe) punching at you...imagine both of them punching you at the same time..think you'll survive? Now triple the speed and make those hands metal. No way anyone could beat him. Sorry if that at all sounded redundant, but some people need as many examples as possible.

Gideon
Grievous is most definately not the best fighter here in terms of technique. In terms of prowess, I'd say Maul is the best and Jango is up there as well. But Grievous possesses physical attributes that dwarf his contemporaries in this thread. He's faster, stronger, more agile, and has better reflexes.

Subjekt is very much right.

S_W_LeGenD
Grievous is most definately not the best fighter here in terms of technique. In terms of prowess, I'd say Maul is the best and Jango is up there as well. But Grievous possesses physical attributes that dwarf his contemporaries in this thread. He's faster, stronger, more agile, and has better reflexes.

I agree!

Grievous is physically stronger because he has a metal body.

jollyjim311

Yup yup. The only one I see beating him (and all the others on the list) is good ol' Durge.

He threw Obsession Anakin (with his lightsaber) through a wall after playing around with him in melee.

Vader would be tough, too. He has incredible strength. Also, he pimp-slapped Boba Fett and punched through the skull of a giant beast.

darthsith19
Bane with of without orbalisks has got to be one of the greatest, too.

jollyjim311
He's a brawler, yeah, he seems pretty good.

darthsith19
Pretty good? He took on 3 Republic officers at once and it was like even until he got the warning from the Force that one of the guys had pulled a vibroblade on him. Oh yeah, that's before he got any Sith Training or anything.

jollyjim311
He's big, strong, fast, and has been fighting for quite some time. He's deadly. However, he doesn't have the technique or discipline that people like Maul, Jango, or Mace have.

Davin Maul
Subjekt, I agree that Grevious would survive. What I meant to say with the styles is that from what I have seen/read, not many Jedi had unarmed combat training- with the exception of Mace and Kit. As in the fight with Obi, he was just trying to do his best to hurt GG with his fists in a uncoordinated way, whereas Maul could use technique to at least make the fight close.

Let's eliminate GG from the Poll then, would anybody have a chance then against Maul? I say yes (Mace), but I still think that Maul would beat Mace, even though Mace is black and automattically gives Maul damage with that.

Sexyback
The Caestus Deception makes it clear that all jedi are trained in martial arts, it's part of their lightsaber form training.

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by General Kenobl
In hand-to-hand combat, either Maul or Windu. Maul's a master of Teras Kasi. Windu was shown to deadly in fists (Shatterpoint), and was able to give Kar Vastor, the lor pelek and a strong hand-to-hand fighter, a helluva fight.

I go with Maul.

Yeah, pretty much what he said.

Windu would rape those other guys, mabye even Maul as well.

Lee-San28
in Cestus Deception is sais that Kit Fisto is One of the Top figthers in the order . But since mace pawns id asume that Kit falls under him But Fighting grevious is folly. i mean hese got 4 arms is encredibly flexible and made of metal i maen how do you fight that...my vote goes to grevious

jollyjim311
Maul is the most skilled, but I'd call Mace about as deadly.

Jango and Kit both deserve mentioning, too, due to the description of Kits fighting in CD, and Jango killing armed Jedi knights (note the plural) with only his hands.

However, Greivous is made of metal, and, his only chance of going down to an opponent on this list is a tough win (and not that probable) for Mace, via shatterpoint.

Of people not on this list, Bane is worth mentioning, because he is big, strong, fast, and has experience in brawling in those mines. Also, every Yhuzzhan Vong... ever. Slayers would be a *****. Lastly... Durge ftw. You can't put him down, and, he can toss Obsession Anakin around, while toying with him.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I think Darth Maul. He's an exceptional fighter. Mace is perhaps next. What about Jacen or Shado Vao?

General Kenobl
Wasn't Kenobi able to rip the metals covering Grievous heart? Couldn't Maul do the same and then punch it to a bloody pulp?

jollyjim311
Originally posted by General Kenobl
Wasn't Kenobi able to rip the metals covering Grievous heart? Couldn't Maul do the same and then punch it to a bloody pulp?

With the way Greivous fought unarmed in Episode three? Definitely. With the way Greivous should fight, given his abilities? Probably not.

General Kenobl
What do you mean "his abilities"? During the hand to hand fight in ROTS between Kenobi and Grievous, Obi-Wan was able to rip Grievous's heat protector. Maul, being a Teras Kasi master, should easily be able to do that and rip the droid general's heart off.

Gideon
It would depend, in my honest opinion. Maul is definately one of (if not "the"wink best unarmed fighters in the SW universe. But, like Obi-Wan, I actually see him having a hell of a time against Grievous, who is much stronger, faster, and equipped with better reflexes than Maul.

Marxman
I think Grievous is an unfair person to put on that list. He can't feel pain on any part beside his organs. The ability to wear an opponent down is very important in hand to hand combat.

General Kenobl
True, Grievous would be throwing Maul all over the place. But if the Zabrak keeps dodging and take in all the bruises, I would say in a long fist fight, he would win.

Rampant ox
Kenobi kicked the General and was met not only without a large amount of pain from his shin contacting the metal, but with an angry swipe from Greivous. Why is Maul going to be any different. A persons resilience to pain only goes so far.

LORDSIDIOUS01
HANDS DOWN Maul then Master Windu.

Faunus
Where's Vastor on that list? He WTFpwns them all.

Darth_Glentract
The thread is movies only. And I'd put my money on GG over Vastor in a fist fight.

Blaxican
I wouldn't. That'd be like putting a Gorilla against a black bear...

Darth_Glentract
WTF? Where'd you get the Gorilla against a black bear idea? I'd put my money on the Gorilla.

General Kenobl
Except Kenobi is not a powerful master of Teras Kasi, which is an unarmed fighting style.

How do you know that Maul cannot just rip the metal, and even though suffer quite a beating, manage to rip the heart out of Grievous or slowly tear him apart?

Which is the gorilla? Who is the black bear?

Darth Sexiest
I'd say Vastor is the gorrila...lol

Yeah, guys I've thought about this and If Maul could rip GG's heat protector away and punch his organs to death, then Vastor would literally jump onto GG, cling to him like a human talon and then start to phyiscally claw his organs out, and probally start to actually eat them.

When he fought Mace Windu, he took a little chunk out of his neck that almost killed him.

Also, I'd say that out of all the fighters I've seen or read about in the SW Universe, I'd say Vastor has the most raw stamina.
When he fought Mace Windu, Windu was able to strike him so hard he landed upside down and impacted on the ground - on the back of his neck.

Ordinarily that would either paralyze a person or kill them in RL.
Vastor just got up and grinned at Mace afterwards.

Even If GG did all kinds of unspeakably painfull and punishing things to Vastor in their fight, Vastor would still win in the end.

When I first heard about Vastor, I didn't think much about him and thought people were just blowing steam.
Then I read Shatterpoint.

You should read it too...

General Kenobl
Yeah, Vastor is a machine. He's can easily rival a master swordsmen like Kenobi in a saber/vibroshield contest, and he's probably one the best unarmed fighters ever.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Maybe

General Kenobl
No, not a maybe, definately. Have you read Shatterpoint?

jollyjim311
Agreed... but... DURGE FTW!

General Kenobl
Glaive was able to do damage on Durge. I would say Vastor can too.

kamikz
Vastor beating Durge? No way...

Comon, this is Durge "I punch through durasteel and get blown to pieces and live to tell about it", Vastor is now suddenly gonna take this guy down forever unarmed? Even with weapons he wouldn't make it...

jollyjim311
Durge scared Glaive with his speed: http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=39&page=022

Durge took two hits from Glaive (because he had just been shot through the eye and was distracted) and it did no damage. On the next page he admits that he was toying with them:
http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=39&page=023

Durge reveals a neat ability and tosses Kenobi: http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=39&page=027

No central spinal cord, and, blades!: http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=39&page=038

Some brief h2h with an ARC: http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=39&page=046

The intentionally bad ass looking Jedi with a mysterious history and an alias jumps on Durges back, so Durge whips him off over his head, and drowns him... in lava: http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=39&page=069

He's speedy: http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=47&page=046

Shrapnel tearing through him didn't cause a scratch: http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=47&page=048

Contends with Anakin 5 months before ROTS.. in melee: http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=47&page=053

"Contends with" was definitely an understatement: http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=47&page=054

Throws Anakin through a door, and admits he was toying with him: http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=47&page=056

Durge would beat pretty much anyone unarmed, even the likes of Vastor... and Yhuzzahn Vong.

darthsith19
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=370251

kamikz
So? I don't see how Kar will split Durge into pieces unarmed.

With his weapons, they are still roughly at the same speed. (Both move damn fast, Durge move alot faster then other jedi's, Durge can feel his heart beat wherever he goes, and his reflexes are on top). But Durge can take lightsabers and still not go to pieces, and if he does he can still go together. If he loses his armor, I bet most people have seen him, he's crazy. He can stretch his arms over a whole room and swallow people with his body. I think Kar is outmatched.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Vastor ain't nothing

Blaxican
Care to say why? Or are you basing this on nothing, as you've probably never read Shatterpoint before. I notice that you have a habit of of not having any argument at all, but rather piggybacking on others', and then making some shitty little 5 word comment afterwords.

EDIT: And pleae, "isn't". "aint" isn't a real world. Slang annoys me.

Darth Subjekt
lol, pwnt

Count Makashi
On this list General Grevious is the best unarmed fighter, not because of his skill, but because he is a cyborg, he doesn't get tired, doesn't feel pain, fastest reflexes, incredible strength, how is this even a contest.
Without the Force and lightsabrs and weapons, Grevious would tore them apart.

kamikz
Durge is better, unlike Grievous, he basically cannot die, especially not from punches. And Durge can punch through durasteel and walls, he'll take Grievous down sooner or later!

Count Makashi
I said on this list Grievous is the best, Durge is not on the list and didnt
Grievous defeat Durge and Asajj Ventress at the same(2 on 1) and didnt he beacome supreme comander beacuse of that.

kamikz
Lol, ops, forgot it was only the movie characters. But people did include Kar and Durge above, which are not, so I forgot that they weren't really here. But Durge would be the best if he was in it....

That is un-canon I believe, and even if it is, he used sabers and only cut of Durge's head, which wouldn't kill him at all. I would say he is a superior combatent, but he can in no way kill Durge....

Count Makashi
Ok i agree.

kamikz
Cool! big grin

allfg
Neither is 'pleae'.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.