Wrestler with Best Mike Skills

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lighthammer
There are three
In the 80's It was Rowdy Roddy Piper
In the Ninties it was SCSA
Modern it is Mr. Kennedy.

-hh-
The Greco-Roman wrestlers: Josh Barnett from PrideFC, and Randy Couture from UFC.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Lighthammer

i met him at Gameworks in Seattle many years ago.

guy222
There are three
Modern it is Mr. Kennedy.

Agreed

Darth Martin
The Rock

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Darth Martin
The Rock

Clearly. It's why he actually made it in real acting.

guy222
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Clearly. It's why he actually made it in real acting.

Rock is a natural
Shane Douglas good in ECW

Lighthammer
I mean that Tom Cruise is Still Crazy promo Mr. Kennedy did a few months ago was absolutely hilarious!

pr1983
The Rock is head and shoulders above the rest imo... hogan was alright too though...

guys nowadays dont have a clue for the most part...

guy222
Originally posted by pr1983
The Rock is head and shoulders above the rest imo... hogan was alright too though...

guys nowadays dont have a clue for the most part...

true

triple h good on mike also christian too much cussing, but he's the man

Dr. Strangelove
Mick Foley would probably be my pick for best. Others would be The Rock, Scott Steiner, Angle, and Goldust.

pr1983
Originally posted by guy222
true

triple h good on mike also christian too much cussing, but he's the man

i don't like triple h... stick out tongue

guy222
Originally posted by pr1983
i don't like triple h... stick out tongue

cool
undertaker all the way for me

Rohangiga
i think either DX or Cena

LORDSIDIOUS01
Triple H and The Undertaker

BobbyD
Originally posted by Darth Martin
The Rock

Indeed. Cena is a close 2nd.

draxx_tOfU
Actually, Kurt Angle and Christian, i think were pretty good back then...

also, the late Eddie Guerrero...

guy222
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
Actually, Kurt Angle and Christian, i think were pretty good back then...

also, the late Eddie Guerrero...

bruiser brody, tony atlas, soulman johnson

Lighthammer
Bubba Ray Dudley is also a surprisingly good promo guy. Seriously his stuff in ECW are the best promos from ECW next to Cactus Jack's anti-hardcore stuff.

Victor Von Doom
Eddie Guerrero just alternated between talking and shouting incomprehensible sentences.

The Angle and Stone Cold 'friends' period is the funniest I can remember.

Bouboumaster
In the 80's: Hogan, Piper
90's: The Rock, SCSA, Chris Jericho (at his debut), Mike Foley, Muhammed Hassan (hell of a good wrestler, I miss him), Davairi, Booker T (with Goldust, lol)
2000's SCSA, Cryme Time (the little one), Davairi, Booker T, Edge, Randy Orton

teampac08
no one is as good as the rock. he's the funniest guy and no one can touch his charisma. the man used words like jabroni. does anyone remember when he used the word pie as a joke. do you like pie lol.

darth_royke
rowdy roddy piper and jerry the king lawler.

charlemagne9746
I think the Rock wins this hands down. Stone Cold Steve Austin and Chris Jericho are up there too. Also, the Road Dogg Jesse James was pretty damn good...."Oh, you didn't know...your ass better call somebody"

~Pielover~
There are three
Modern it is Mr. Kennedy. The fact that you think Stone Cold Steve Austin has any microphone skills baffles me. He basically threw out slurs, and "Hell Ya's" He lacked creativity.

The Rock is, was, and most likely will always be the best microphone-ist in Sports entertainment.

SpaceMonkey
I'd say it was the Rock in the 90's.... considering that's ALL he was good at. SCSA deserves some props too...he has his character down pat. When Edge and Christian were together they were also very good.

I find it funny that there are some people who are good/entertaing wrestlers with low to average mic skills(Scott Steiner, Rey Mysterio), low to average wrestlers with good/entertaining mic skills(The Rock, The Cat Ernest Miller), wrestlers who are good at both(Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho) and wrestlers who are bad at both(Funaki, Scotty Too Hottie).... yet they all have jobs!!! LOL

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by teampac08
the man used words like jabroni. does anyone remember when he used the word pie as a joke. do you like pie lol.

Easily impressed, aren't you?

You like colours and stuff.

Alpha Centauri
Steiner cannot wrestle to save his live, now anyway.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
If he was actually presented with a scenario whereby he had to wrestle or die, he could probably do it.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
If he was actually presented with a scenario whereby he had to wrestle or die, he could probably do it.

I don't think he could, you know.

*Life, by the way.

-AC

The Core
Christian Cage. His vignettes in TNA are one of the main reasons I tune in. He made Scott Steiner look like the dolt he is when he corrected him on camera. For those that don't recall, about 3 weeks ago, Cage asked Steiner for a prediction, Steiner said something along the lines of "Do I look like Quasimoto?"

He meant Nostradamus.

Alpha Centauri
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve3-1zTcQOg

He was so good, but the video shows just how far he's fallen.

As VVD and I were discussing, in his prime, he could have been an extremely dominant champ...well, he was. He had great mic charisma, decent image, great wrestling ability (See WCW Fallbrawl, when he fought Goldberg.).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3U_GGUcjj4

Then watch that. Look how fast he was, and that's against Jericho.

-AC

The Core
I don't know that I've ever heard a wrestler be so verbally abusive even in character, although it seemed like art imitating life for him.

He was diagnosed with that "Drop Foot Syndrome" a few years back, and he's been wasting away ever since, so it seems.

Buff Bagwell..oh my god, lol.

TaZ#12
Originally posted by The Core
Christian Cage. His vignettes in TNA are one of the main reasons I tune in. He made Scott Steiner look like the dolt he is when he corrected him on camera. For those that don't recall, about 3 weeks ago, Cage asked Steiner for a prediction, Steiner said something along the lines of "Do I look like Quasimoto?"

He meant Nostradamus.

TNA sucks, but I still tune in because nothing is on, they need to do something with it. No offense.

The Core
I think they're slowly but surely getting their act together. It's a hell of a lot more entertaining than a ECWWE show, that's for sure. I'll give you an ECW card.

- Intro
- Elijah Burke persuade CM Punk to New Breed
- New Breed vs Originals
- Random WWE crossover match
- "Extreme Rules Match" (If your lucky..)
- Main Event

Good night!

Atleast TNA has a rotation...and since Paparazzi productions is all but done, Backlund's vignettes alone are worth watching.

TaZ#12
True, I like ECW because of Bobby Lashley.

The Core
(You're..)

TaZ#12
?
A guy, he's my favorite wrestler.

The Core
Haha, whoops. I was fixing my own spelling error up in my other post. That's all. I do like Bobby Lashley a lot. I know it may sound kind of "whoah", but he reminds me of Hulkamania era Hulk Hogan in the way he gets over with fans. Just..positive..always energetic, smiling and interactive. He's very likeable.

Alpha Centauri
TNA has the better wrestling talent by far.

However, TNA does prove that you can't have just pure wrestling, you need great storylines too. ECW, in my opinion, was the most enjoyable wrestling ever, barring WCW nWo era and WWF Attitude era. It didn't seem to suffer from lack of storylines, where as TNA does.

WWE is ALL storyline, though. I remember when it was dumbing down, it at least had a decent hardcore division. Nowadays, with movie contracts being as alluring as they are, I suppose they wanna keep their talent in shape. As great as TNA is, I just sense impending doom. Vince will come along, he'll offer Styles, Joe or Sabin a wad of cash to jump ship. "Hey, you come to WWE, we'll pay you three times as much, you'll do half as much.", and they'll go.

I hope I'm wrong. We saw what happened to RVD.

-AC

The Core
Speaking of RVD, and not to veer too far off topic, he's (Vince) pretty much dropping the O's/NB angle after Wrestlemania. Plans are to release Sabu & Sandman, put Tommy Dreamer back as writer/backstage figure, and RVD 's contract is almost up..so TNA may be beefing up their roster, along with Chavo Guerrero who may jump ship as well.

If WWE wants to raid talent, take Alex Shelley. Please. Especially if he starts reciting the 5 minute string of LAX catchphrases.

Alpha Centauri
I hate Konnan, but with the exception of him The L.A.X genuinely seem like a decent tag team.

They're not wholly being forced to revert to traditional latin stereotypes, and Homicide can wrestle a great match. Not to mention that Da Gringo Killer is one of the best finishing moves around(Been used before, obviously, but still good.).

I dislike Alex Shelley, he's pretty dull. I think Chris Sabin is really good, though getting lazy. Do they still have Frankie Kazarian? I haven't seen the site in a while, I'm unaware who's on the roster, fully.

-AC

The Core
Yep. He returned to TNA a little while ago as "Kaz", and is part of (another) Raven led stable, "Serotonin". They're not bad, but Raven's gone off the deep end..mentally. From Scottie Flamingo to something straight out of "A Clockwork Orange".

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by The Core
Yep. He returned to TNA a little while ago as "Kaz", and is part of (another) Raven led stable, "Serotonin". They're not bad, but Raven's gone off the deep end..mentally. From Scottie Flamingo to something straight out of "A Clockwork Orange".

It's naturally a work, right? Or is he actually mental?

I always thought Raven was repeatedly under appreciated. Yet, he's the only wrestler who used it to his advantage, because now, no win he ever achieves will be met with negative critique, really. If he came back and won the WWE title, I don't think people would be that pissed.

He deserves SOMETHING more. He's the best psychological wrestler since Jake Roberts (Who trained him).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y6SL6irysw

Jake Roberts was the best on the mic (Ignore Andre's horrid skills, or lack thereof.).

-AC

wuTa
Ted Diabese had great mic skills. If anyone remembered ECW( the orginal, not the shite that it is now) they had this fat dude who managed the Dudley Boys, I think his name was Joe Q. Awesome on the mic, but thats pretty much all he did, and had, was mic skills.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by wuTa
Ted Diabese had great mic skills. If anyone remembered ECW( the orginal, not the shite that it is now) they had this fat dude who managed the Dudley Boys, I think his name was Joe Q. Awesome on the mic, but thats pretty much all he did, and had, was mic skills.

Joel Gertner.

He used to introduce himself as "Joel *Random sexual joke* Gertner.".

-AC

The Core
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It's naturally a work, right? Or is he actually mental?

I always thought Raven was repeatedly under appreciated. Yet, he's the only wrestler who used it to his advantage, because now, no win he ever achieves will be met with negative critique, really. If he came back and won the WWE title, I don't think people would be that pissed.

It's a work, I'm positive. It's just very convincing. He's usually wearing white slacks, white vest, white top hat, with a masquerade mask of some long beaked animal and a kendo stick. He still cuts really good promos for his kind of character. I read that the reason he's used so sparingly is because of a thyroid condition, and he's 43 years old, which is hard to believe.

wuTa
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Joel Gertner.

He used to introduce himself as "Joel *Random sexual joke* Gertner.".

-AC

Thats him, "The Quintessential Studdmuffin", that dude was classic.

Alpha Centauri
That Dreamer/Raven feud that lasted for a good length of forever probably didn't help.

Or the Sandman/Raven feud.

Didn't he train Mickie James? It wouldn't surprise me as she's the best female wrestler out there. Well, famously.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.