The prep thread - Who is the best at it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

python99
Out of these characters, who here best utilizes any prep time thay get to come away with a victory against any particular opponent.

Batman
Spiderman
Iron Man
Mr Fantastic
Dr Doom
Lex Luther
Kingpin

Soljer
Doc Doom is the smartest here, but he lets his arrogance get in the way of success far too often.

Reed for the win! Doom second, Batman third.

TricksterPriest
Prometheus. Maybe not as good as Dr. Doom or Reed in terms of sheer brains, but he is definitely a genius and in their class. Edit: and Prometheus is better than Bats in prep.

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Prometheus. Maybe not as good as Dr. Doom or Reed in terms of sheer brains, but he is definitely a genius and in their class. Edit: and Prometheus is better than Bats in prep.

And he also isn't on the list. Good call, though.

tru-marvell
I'd have to go with Doom only because I've seen more of his prep than Reeds. Reed is an outstanding counter puncher but the problem is that one time when you're hit so hard that you can't counter.

Doom...Reed...Bats...Lex...in that order from the list

Of course my fav. is Thanos (even though he's doomed to fail)
What about adding Hyperstorm to this list?

ExtraMision5555
why isint mr sinister on that list!@r4fg rsbna3ty

King KAM
Thanos

Scoobless
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Meh ... Iron Man >>> Prometheus (at prep)

Howard_Jones
Thanos

python99
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Thanos

Uhhhhh Thanos is not on the list why? Just beacause. Anyways If I was going to post characters who are classified as geniuses and so fourth, the list would be long as hell. This I why I just threw random names out. Look at Beast he is probably a genius but , when it comes to prep utilization I put him on a list ranked lower than the joker.

python99
Originally posted by python99
Uhhhhh Thanos is not on the list why? Just beacause. Anyways If I was going to post characters who are classified as geniuses and so fourth, the list would be long as hell. This I why I just threw random names out. Look at Beast he is probably a genius but , when it comes to prep utilization I put him on a list ranked lower than the joker. Beast is smarter than Batman but Bats utilizes his prep better.

python99
OOOOPPPPPSSSSSS

Aqua-pimp
Lex.
cool

python99
Originally posted by Aqua-pimp
Lex.
cool Why not?

Symmetric Chaos
Lex is the only one who really thinks beyond the next battle

python99
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Lex is the only one who really thinks beyond the next battle

Somewhat true, but you can say the same for kingpin

doctorstrongbad
How many people on this list have stopped big "G" from eating your home planet? I only see one long hand going up.

python99
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
How many people on this list have stopped big "G" from eating your home planet? I only see one long hand going up.

Big G is not on the list, sorry sad

Juntai
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
How many people on this list have stopped big "G" from eating your home planet? I only see one long hand going up. Batman's outsmarted Darkseid, and even outsmarted Metron, who's one of the smartest of all beings, having gathered knowledge from all across time/space/universes.

Reed is scientifically smarter than Batman, sure.
But in application of prep, I think Batman takes it rather easily.
He can do more, with less.

Galan007
Out of these characters, who here best utilizes any prep time thay get to come away with a victory against any particular opponent.

Batman
Spiderman
Iron Man
Mr Fantastic
Dr Doom
Lex Luther
Kingpin
1.) Reed
2.) Doom
3.) Batman
4.) Lex
5.) Ironman
6.) Kingpin

python99
Originally posted by Juntai
Batman's outsmarted Darkseid, and even outsmarted Metron, who's one of the smartest of all beings, having gathered knowledge from all across time/space/universes.

Reed is scientifically smarter than Batman, sure.
But in application of prep, I think Batman takes it rather easily.
He can do more, with less.

True, true

python99
Originally posted by Galan007
1.) Reed
2.) Doom
3.) Batman
4.) Lex
5.) Ironman
6.) Kingpin

Did you forget Spidey or you just did not wanna put him on there? sad

Galan007
Did you forget Spidey or you just did not wanna put him on there? sad Woops, I knew I forgot someone embarrasment

1.) Reed
2.) Doom
3.) Batman
4.) Lex
5.) Spidey
6.) Ironman
7.) Kingpin

python99
Originally posted by Galan007
Woops, I knew I forgot someone embarrasment

1.) Reed
2.) Doom
3.) Batman
4.) Lex
5.) Spidey
6.) Ironman
7.) Kingpin

OK! Cool big grin

King KAM
The sad thing about Iron Man is that with enough time the man can buold a suit to beat anyone.

If we all wanna get reallly serious here, iron man will come with a suit full of magical enchatments, thats runs on friggin black matter,and is made of a vibranium, and some sorta space metal alloy.

don't shiv
Trinity.

Emphasis on multiple failsafes, diversions, initiative, and personal development

1Doom
2Batman
3Luthor

python99
Originally posted by King KAM
The sad thing about Iron Man is that with enough time the man can buold a suit to beat anyone.

If we all wanna get reallly serious here, iron man will come with a suit full of magical enchatments, thats runs on friggin black matter,and is made of a vibranium, and some sorta space metal alloy.

Yeah true what you say but, what can he do when he has got 10 mins or less?

python99
Overall I think Bats has the best utilization of prep with any amount of time given. Give him too much time and he will turn his belt into a nuke.

python99
I think Bats uses his prep time the best. If he is given too much time he might turn his utility belt into a friggin nuke.

python99
Sorry for the repost computer giving me problems

Bentley
Doom has the best prep due being ruthless and resourceful, Batman goes second.

I just stopped to comment that Puck is remarkably better with prep than how I expected him to be.

Cosmic Cube
Iron Man = Supreme Being of Prep

At least he's my favorite.

King KAM
Yeah true what you say but, what can he do when he has got 10 mins or less? goood point...

python99
goood point...

Iron man may need more time than most because of his suit. He might have to use some of his prep testing to make sure the suit functions correctly. With enough time to do all that he is up there with the best of them.

srankmissingnin
Grifter's idea of prep is to teleport a nuclear warhead into your base! Once it's in your base it will kill your dudes... presumably. cool

python99
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Grifter's idea of prep is to teleport a nuclear warhead into your base! Once it's in your base it will kill your dudes... presumably. cool

laughing

python99
Bats is holding down the prep battle

Redatom65
Batman
Dr Doom
Mr Fantastic
Lex Luther
Kingpin
Iron Man
Spiderman

Symmetric Chaos

Batman
Spiderman
Iron Man
Mr Fantastic
Dr Doom
Lex Luther
Kingpin

Out of these I'd go with Bats and Doom as about equal.

Symmetric Chaos

But he doesn't always get it right.

Wasn't the ThorBuster wrecked by Thor?

janus77
Doom, purely 'cos he stole Galactus' powers.
that's even more impressive than Reed Richards and the Ultimate Nulifier.

Batman's awesome but, don't know if he's in the Doom/Mr. Fantastic league.

my list (in order):
Doom
Reed
Batman

then the rest (can't really distinguish them out cleanly, so didn't bother).

Bouboumaster
Reed Richard
Doom
Luthor
Batman
Iron Man
King Pin
Spider-Man

Prep time King: Thanos.

endrict
Dr Doom
Mr Fantastic
Batman
Lex Luther
Iron Man
Spiderman
Kingpin

in order

DigiMark007
Depends:

2 seconds prep? Midnighter
2 Days prep? Maybe Doom
2 Years Prep? I'd say Thanos

...it can change. "Prep" isn't 1 quantifiable trait. And a lot depends on the situation.

horrorwolf
Batman runs away with this for strategtic thinking and the will to carry it out.

Promo should have been in this poll, I agree he would trounce everyone on the list.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Depends:

2 seconds prep? Midnighter
2 Days prep? Maybe Doom
2 Years Prep? I'd say Thanos

...it can change. "Prep" isn't 1 quantifiable trait. And a lot depends on the situation.

Good point.

endrict
add Joker in the mix then it gets good.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by endrict

If we're adding people why not throw Forge into the mix as well.

endrict
Its up to the orignal poster

python99
Originally posted by endrict

Joker is good yes, but how many times have we seen him have Batman at a point where he can kill him, and get outsmarted by Bats and his quick thinking? Joker has a lot of arrogance, and that messes up his prep. He plays to much games.

Priest
Reed would pawn these bozos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.