My Favorite Things

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp
I thought we could start a list about all the wonderful things about COTBP and DMC. The catch? You CANNOT talk about J/E, W/E, or N/E. This is a way to concentrate on some other things. I'll start.

1. I love that Barbossa is back calling the Pearl "his ship."

2. Jack's smirk when he THINKS he's outsmarted the cannibals only to be tied on a roaster.

3. How Davy Jones' skin tone was inspired by a dirty coffee cup.

4. Will doing the knife-in-the-sail thing and showing his shadow. So Errol Flynn!

a-k-a-amber
Originally posted by willofthewisp

3. How Davy Jones' skin tone was inspired by a dirty coffee cup.

shock

I

Did

Not

Know

That...

okay mine

1. the way Davy Jones Pops his lips

2. the way Jack says "oh" when Davy Jones first appears

3. Barbosa finally gets his apple

Mistypirate
Could that be hinting something? wink

Gravitation
1) when the cannons open in front of Jack.
2)shell head is talking to his body and the body hits a tree
3)Jack saying: "Look," BANG,"an undead monkey".

willofthewisp
1. Liz looking annoyed as hell as the prisoners in the cell next door try to pick her up.

2. Liz and the others dodging the kracken's tentacle waiting for Will's signal, all wanting him to hurry up and start the fight.

3. Gibbs! I love Gibbs!

Gravitation
O.o Gibbs?!

katelovespirate
1. Gibbs again, doing the drunken stagger as he sings.

2. Elizabeth's face when Barbie comes down the stairs.

3. Norrington's "here you go!" when he tosses the chest to the fish guy.

4. Will's "By your leave, Mr. Norrington" when he flies up the rope. His cutest moment.

5. Jack drawing his sword on the kraken. Chills down my spine every time.

6. How bad Elizabeth's hair looks. So realistic for the carib. Very good touch.

7. Will's boots. Step up from the stockings.

8. the way Jack grabs the bottle before he drops it.

willofthewisp
Good work, Kate! I love all of those, too. Yeah, Liz's hair gets endearing after a while, and Will does have cute moments.

1. The fact we actually see Jack doing work.

2. The poor horny guys on the ship Liz is a stowaway on.

3. Boostraps's "what can they do to me" line. I like the throwing caution to the wind attitude.

4. Tia's obvious dissatisfaction with Jack as a lover/Will sort of enjoying the attention she lavishes on him. check out his little smiles.

a-k-a-amber
4. Jack convincing norington that Will ruined his life

5. jack saying "still rooting for you mate"

5. Norington... in general

6. Will getting slapped (IMO he should have given the message to Jack)

Gravitation
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
4. Jack convincing norington that Will ruined his life

5. jack saying "still rooting for you mate"

5. Norington... in general

6. Will getting slapped (IMO he should have given the message to Jack)
agreed!

katelovespirate
hahaha good one willo! the bootstrap line is so great. smile i LOVE it. i always tear up. a man after my own heart. sigh. i heart bootstrap when he's desperate.

are we doing numbers???

-Davy Jones claw. Im sorry. its so funny.

-The way Will takes everything so seriously, especially during the dice game of doom.

-Elizabeth being a badass and almost shooting Beckett.

-Beckett's line "that's annoying. my mistake."

- Gov Swann and Will's hilarious outfits in the wedding scene.

-the obvious pleasure on the fish dudes face when he reports "five still alive. the rest have moved on."

-the whipping scene. its intense, well put together, really sort of beautiful.

-Jack's almost childlike vulnerability on his line "i do want to know what it tastes like."

Hambah
1. Gibbs's vioce- he's got such a friendly grandpa-like voice lol

2. The way Jack looks at Elizabeth after Norrington says "You don't actually believe him, do you?" while boarding the Pearl

3. Fruit shish kabob Jack =]

4. How when Jack and Elizabeth first meet, Jack is handcuffed, and when they last part, he's handcuffed.

5. Raghetti trying to read the Bible

Hambah
6. Jack calling Elizabeth "Lizzie"

7. The way the crew looks at Will when he says "Then load the rum"

Chiki Mina
Im sorry if someone mentioned this:

1) I love the swinging in te bone cage scene.

Mistypirate
I like the parts where Jack and Liz are running and screaming, don't they scream the same? big grin

sailorleo
omg fav thing ever!

norrington's face when he's confronting elizabeth about jack and he eludes to elizabeth obout his overness of her...damnit, i don't remember what he said but the smirk he gave afterwards was hot!!!!!!

Mistypirate
Yes that was a sexy smirk wink

Surreal_44
OOooh, where to start?

--Norrington's wig. I love how he looks maniacal with it on, and I love that he's scrubbing the deck with it later.

--The whipping scene, where Bootstrap is crying. Makes me feel so bad for him. Poor guy.

--That look Norrington and Elizabeth exchange in the boat while they are being rowed to the island. So funny.

--All of Jack's lines on the Pelegastos Island. I don't care if people say it's derogatory, it's darn funny to me. big grin

--The entire scene with James in Beckett's--I mean, James' office. All that swaggering arrogance. Yummy.

--Elizabeth's exasperation at trying to get the poor crew of the Edinburgh Trader to go to Tortuga.

PirateDiva
-Elizabeth when she does that cool move where she flips the swords backwards and stabs 2 of the FD crew behind her

-Jack hitting Will with the PAddle.

-Jack and all his "Jar of Dirt" scenes....he's just adorable.

-Jack's "Hey FisHFAce" & "i've Got a Jar of Dirt, I'Ve Got A Jar Of DiRt" lines....big grin

PirateDiva
-Elizabeth Holding Jack's leg, when the Kraken attacks

-Will & Norrie's wheel scene

-Jack being lifted into the wheel and then Will & Norrie's look on their faces when they look below them and see Jacks Legs kicking laughing

-Jack sailing a ship in the storm looking crazy

-Jack the Monkey

-The view outside Tia Dalhma's hut

-All the ocean shots of the blue/turqouise water of the caribbean

-Jack in the Bar looking for a hat unknowingly dodgeing all the flying bottles

-Jack shaking the compass saying "I Know what i want, I Know what i want, I-Know-what-I-want" Line

PirateDiva
-The Music in the movie

-Jack's "Bugger" lines

-Will, Jack, and Gibbs standing next to each other on the Pearl looking at the FD in the rain....just liked how they looked.

- the three way sword fight between Jack, Will, and Norrie

-Jack's "I do that quite a lot, you ppl are always surprised" line barely believeing it himself....lol!

-Barbossa at the End of DMC

-Jack referring to the heart as the THUMP THUMP big grin

-when shark face says "We've Given up?" and then Davy turns and just gives him an evil smirk

-when DAVY says "THE KRAKEN"

-When Will is hanging upside down in the Pelegosto Island and he says " C'mon i can do this all day"

-Will igniting his sword on fire....that was pretty HoTT!

LMAO....i can go on and on!

sailorleo
-gibbs saying lift it like it's a lady's skirt

katelovespirate
Originally posted by sailorleo
-gibbs saying lift it like it's a lady's skirt

ooo good one! smile

Depprived
- the fact that the dog was smarter than Pintel and Ragetti!

- the pirates reaction to seeing Jack's Black Spot!

- Tia Dalma's accent.

- the headless FD crewmember after Jack's knocks his head off.

- Beckett's accent.

- Mercer, such a friendly guy, lol.

- Jack singing -LOL.

- Pintel and Ragetti debating how to prounce 'Kraken'.

Gravitation
Originally posted by Depprived

- Pintel and Ragetti debating how to prounce 'Kraken'.

-Jack's face while they are. laughing out loud

sailorleo
-the bible! you get point's for trying!

willofthewisp
all those are great!

- Will still kind of dopey when he sees Jack on the cannibal island for the first time. "I can actually say I'm glad to see you!"

- The fact none of the sailors see Liz's signal and it cuts to her rolling her eyes

- Davy's entrance when Will challenges him to liar's dice. It's real rock star-ish

Chiki Mina
I don't know why, but I love the Liars Dice game(whatever it's called) and Will says:

-"I challenge Davy Jones"

Then Davy comes down and says:

-"I accept, mate"

I dunno why I find that amuzing lol

Chiki Mina
all those are great!

- Will still kind of dopey when he sees Jack on the cannibal island for the first time. "I can actually say I'm glad to see you!"

- The fact none of the sailors see Liz's signal and it cuts to her rolling her eyes

- Davy's entrance when Will challenges him to liar's dice. It's real rock star-ish

I'm sorry, willo.

I didn't notice you had that posted already.

willofthewisp
It's all good. That just means it's a kick-ass part.

Chiki Mina
I might get stabbed by saying this but I don't want Davy to die. I think he is a kick ass character.

Eventually he will die, I just wanted to be a death that's like kill the bad guy and win.

I want him to be at least half good when he dies, I rather see him die in honor.

aelizabeth
NO WAY! I LOVE DAVY! and Barbosa. In the movie i want to see Davy revealing some of his human side.

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
I might get stabbed by saying this but I don't want Davy to die. I think he is a kick ass character.

Eventually he will die, I just wanted to be a death that's like kill the bad guy and win.

I want him to be at least half good when he dies, I rather see him die in honor.

Crap, let me edit.

I just DONT want to be a death that's like kill the bad guy and win. lol

aelizabeth
One of the many things I love about this movie is that the villains are so lovable.

Chiki Mina
I know!

Villians whom you love to hate lol

aelizabeth
love to hate yes. and love to love too.

tee_pirategirl
ditto love the villians cause barbie's actually not half bad and davy...well he has a reason to be bad wouldn't you if YOU'D lost love like he had?
BTW this was a real good idea to focus other stuff besides ships:
-Elizabeth's face when Jack tells her it would never have worked out between them
-Jack's "But you have heard of me." line.
-Norrie's face when he says "so it would seem"
-in the ceremony there's a shot of lizzie faning herself in the sun but you can see Norrie do some wicked moves with a sword in the background...awsome
-Jack's plan to get the interceptor
-Lizzie's parlay line to pintel and ragetti
-pintel's "poppet" line
-how jack looks like as a skeleton...he makes the best skeleton ever
-the way will aimes with that sword of his
-jack/will sword fight
-watching will get covered in powder and knowing it's "chocolate covered bloom"
-how jack the monkey figures the interceptor's strategy slightly ahead of barbossa
-when barbossa tells lizzie that "the code is more of a guidline than actual rules."
-in the cave Jack's talking to Barbossa about being a dishonest man and he just throws the golden statue aside carelessly..LOVE that
that was for COTBP and this is DMC:
-when will gets whipped
-how Jack works with that compass gets up then goes "why is the rum ALWAYS gone?" "Oh THAT'S why."
-the way Jack knocks the shelhead's head off with a coconut
-the shot of lizzie, norrie and Jack walking on the beach on Isla cruses
right in the begining when Jack has a shovel on his shoulder walking through the waves.
-the way we hear the heart go THUMP THUMP when they listen through the box
-the snake in tia's hut and...the jar of eyeballs
-how jack plays around with barbossa's hat
-the way Jack looks at lizzie's chest when she says she's ready to be married
-when Jack was tied to that pole and he jumped of the cliff spun in the air than landed on the other side
-when jack rolled off the cieling and called out "still rooting for you mate"
-ok this one's crazy but I love how irate Davy sounds when he says "damn you JACK SPARROW!"
-the way jack adds "savvy?" even when he's talking to the cannibals
-the way Jack gets cut off in COTBP and DMC when he says "this is the day you shall always remember as the day that you ALMOST..."
-Will's delivery of the line "time to go!"
-Jack running with the canibals runing after him
-the DOG runingf with the canibals after him
WOOOOOOW that's long and I could go on and on....gotta get some rest

aelizabeth
one moment i really liked was when Gibbs (i think it was him) asked Jack for a heading. Jack looks at his compass but of course it's turning in mad circles. He lifts his finger to point in the direction but it just ends up waving around in the air, and he says something like, "head in a general...(wave wave wave points)...THAT WAY direction."

willofthewisp
Yes, that's a funny part. Gibbs is terrific.

- Jack is rescued from the cannibals and says he wants to go out to open sea but stay in the shallows and Gibbs questions that and Jack says, "I have faith in your navigatory skills" or something.

Chiki Mina
I like it when Marty talks about Jack-

"....Strange...er?"

lol

Gravitation
yeah,he's like.

"Doesn't the captain seem a bit stranger...er?"

PirateDiva
Originally posted by aelizabeth
One of the many things I love about this movie is that the villains are so lovable.

Exactly which is why when Barbossa came back in DMC everyone went nuts! I Know I did....i was super excited!!!

aelizabeth
I went completly insane. but quietly insane, as to not be thrown out yes . And he got to eat his apple! big grin It was bugging me that there were so many random apples in COTBP, but he never got to taste one before he died.

PirateDiva
Yes i agree....iM soooo amp'd to see Barbossa again in PIRATES 3!!!

I hope there is like a shot of all the Villans Together...Barbossa, Davy, Sao and Beckett!! LOL...that would be soooo cool!

*jcd*gmc*
Originally posted by katelovespirate
Jack drawing his sword on the kraken. Chills down my spine every time.

OMG Yes!!

1. Jack (duh)
2. The whole dice game scene--I GOT THE DICE GAME FOR X-MAS!!
3. Everytime Jack says "oh bugger"
4. The part when Jack shoots the bird through the coffin. gunsmilie
5. The music! I have every song on my iPod!
6. When Jack says "persuade me"
7. When Jack says "ah" when Davy Jones grabs his hand to remove the black spot.
8. Jack's face before shooting the rifle during the Kraken attack.
9. Whe Jack says "Even better! It is a drawing... of a key."
10. When Jack says "shiny" in the very beginning on the Pearl. OMG he has such a sexy accent!

*jcd*gmc*
Originally posted by tee_pirategirl
-how jack plays around with barbossa's hat

WHEN!!? I've heard it before but I never saw it please tell me!! *sobs uncontrollably*

a-k-a-amber
when they go to tia dalma's hut

*jcd*gmc*
when in tia's hut, though?

a-k-a-amber
yes after the whole look and undead monkey thing

*jcd*gmc*
when tia is in her kitchen or whatever? i have the dvd in my player as we speak.

a-k-a-amber
ummmm, i dunno just watch the scene i think its when she's telling about davvy jones

a-k-a-amber
find it?

*jcd*gmc*
YEA that's the first time I ever noticed he was holding anything at all--either I knew it, or just didn't pay any attention to it....

a-k-a-amber
lol

*jcd*gmc*
heeheeeeee

a-k-a-amber
LOL

Chiki Mina
I love it when no one, not even Will knew, what vexes all men at Tia's hut. And Jack was frustrated already and said:

"A WOMAN!"

big grin

a-k-a-amber
yes i like that part too

Mistypirate
I liked all the parts, except Will's scenes.Nope I'm lying I liked the part where he gets whipped because it showed his sexy back. big grin

PirateDiva
^^ I wonder if it was even his?

-I Like the eyes painted onto Jack's face including on his eyelids big grin

Mistypirate
Originally posted by PirateDiva
^^ I wonder if it was even his?

Now you've got me thinking confused But that was a sexy back anyways, don't matter who's it was.

PirateDiva
^^ LOL...Ya it was a sexy Back!

willofthewisp
I think Will's hottest moment (and I'm weird) is when he's most at ease, like when he imitates Jack in the first one. I like the few times he gets Jack. When he's trippy on the cannibal's dart, yeah, he has the Aw factor.

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by Mistypirate
I liked all the parts, except Will's scenes.Nope I'm lying I liked the part where he gets whipped because it showed his sexy back. big grin

Omg I know!! I wanted to slide my hands from his back, all the way down stick out tongue lol

Mistypirate
OMG Yes All the way down. LOL Fallow the happy trail. Wait a min, No. confused laughing out loud

Chiki Mina
To be honest, I'm a little bored with Ragetti and Pintel. But they are the original characters from the Disney ride.

Hambah
Pintel and Ragetti are such fun characters, but I find myself getting a little bored with them, too. Except I love how Ragetti tries to read the Bible. =]

Chiki Mina
I liked how Davey's expression went all soft when Jack was talking about Will being in love.

willofthewisp
I like the "damn you, Jack Sparrow!" near the end of the movie from Davy. But I like it even more because Jack really didn't take the heart. I guess "damn you, James Norrington!" doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

Does Davy have a tongue?

Chiki Mina
I think...so.. lol

I liked when we fist see Tia, and Jack gives like this smirk.

willofthewisp
I like that Tia doesn't slap him.

Hambah
Does Davy have a tongue?

lol, yes, he does. you can see in the first scene before he talks to the sailor right before he puts his pipe in his mouth.

Chiki Mina
YES^^

I remember now smile

willofthewisp
- I like Jack tellling Davy Will is a terrific soprano. Johnny wanted to use that joke back in the first movie

- this is true of all action movies, but I love how all the main people never die when they should have died several times over.

Chiki Mina
I just love how Jack cheats death.

JDFE
When liz sees will come on the beach and she kisses him passionatly.

katelovespirate
I like the "damn you, Jack Sparrow!" near the end of the movie from Davy. But I like it even more because Jack really didn't take the heart. I guess "damn you, James Norrington!" doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

Does Davy have a tongue?

hahaha i always love that moment because it makes Jack seem more powerful than Davy Jones, in a strange way. As though Jack is the only one really capable of hurting the main powers of the ocean. And it robs Davy of his victory over Jack. Its a really awesome moment.

Oh Jack. He's literally the best thing ever.

Chiki Mina
I love the ending part when Tia asks what they were all willing to do to get Jack Sparrow.

Gibbs is te first to say "AYE!"

I love dear 'ol Mr. Gibbs.

Hambah
I like the sailor on the wrecked ship that Will gets on right before he first sees the Flying Dutchman. The one who's pulling the rope and is shaking. Even though he's supposed to look miserable, he's like really hott lol.

willofthewisp
This is weird, but I like Captain Bellamy. He's a nice, honest guy who probably works hard, and he was just being nice picking up Will. He didn't know a bunch of s*it came with him. A most undeserved death.

lovethemtigers
All of the above mentioned....the Pirates movies are really great once you stop and consider everything in them.....

My favorites:

When Jack sails in aboard that sinking boat at the beginning of POTC.

When Jack removes his hat and salutes the hanging skeletons "Pirates ye be warned).

When Jack slips past Murtogg and Mulroy - and gets on board the Interceptor and says "It's such a pretty boat, I mean Ship".

I love every scene in both movies when Jack is explaining things to people...the way he talks in circles...quite funny...

When Jack is giving the Pearl his final goodbye at the end of DMC.

When jack tells Will "You need to find yourself a girl, mate."

When Jack tells Davy Jones..."have you met Will Turner, excellent saprano...."

After Cannibal Island and they are back on the Pearl and Jack says "where's that Monkey, I want to shoot something."

When Jack tells the Cannibals (while Will is hanging from the Pole) "eunichy, snip, snip".

When Jack is holding the compass in the Tortuga Tavern and keeps saying "i know what I want".

When they are in Tia's cabin (the first time) and Jack is picking up different things around Tia's cabin.

When jack hugs his Jar of Dirt and says "is the jar of dirt going to work?" and tia says "if you don't want it, give it back" and Jack says "NO."

I love the way Jack convinces Norrington that Will is the root of all his problems ..I love when he says "who's fault is it really that you've ended up a rum pot deckhand what takes orders from Pirates!"

I love the Tortuga Tavern in the first movie when Jack and Gibbs are having drinks and discussing Will as leverage...and Gibbs says "i feel a change in the wind, says I".

When Will throws the bucket of water on Gibbs and Gibbs sees jack for the first time and says "Mother's love, Jack..." and then when Will throws the second bucket of water on Gibbs and Will Says "that was for the smell."....I love the way Jack looks at Will and then back to Gibbs..

willofthewisp
Lovethemtigers, I love every single bit of what you just mentioned! I guess the better question would be what people don't like. Gibbs rocks!

This is kind of bouncing off the "Legacy" video on youtube (hysterical btw), but I like how sometimes Jack cradles the jar of dirt like a baby. You'd have to watch Legacy to see just how similar it is to protecting a little baby. Jack Jr.

Chiki Mina
I think it means something, Jack holding on to his dirt like that. I thin kit has 2 meanings:

1) Meaning how protective he is about that jar, showing as if the jar was his child. He didn't want no one to touch it, and he always kept an eye on it.

2) How Jack depends on a material object. He depends on it, as if his only escape and the only thing that could rescue/help him is the Jar. Which it actually cause him more trouble.

willofthewisp
Yes, chiki! After he misses his chance to kiss Liz ("if you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it"wink, he's almost like a little kid. "I want my jar of dirt!" He needs it to feel safe all through the power of suggestion.

Chiki Mina
I'm gald Tia gave him that Jar. I think it actually helpped him. Helpped him realize that by depending on something that is just a jar a dirt, got him into so much trouble. The heart was not safe after all and it certainly didn't help him against Davy.

Jack slowly notices, and he even sees his precious Pearl as "just a ship, mate."

willofthewisp
That's another thing. I like that he says it's only a ship, but see how sadly he turns around, almost caressing it? I think he was going to stay behind, not only because it was the right thing to do, but he does love his Pearl. I don't know what it is, but I really like his attachment to it. He should let go of the other things and concentrate more on Liz, of course, but the Pearl will always have a special place in his heart.

IheartPocky
I like all the apples in Pirates 1.

Watching it makes me want an apple. eek!

willofthewisp
And bringing one back at the end of DMC was a nice touch.

PirateDiva
It was a beautiful touch....BARBOSSA got to have his APPLE that made me real happy!

Chiki Mina
Barbossa finally get's his apple smile

And the monkey finally gets his owner, Barbossasmile

To me that was a happy ending wink

willofthewisp
But Barbossa won't think so much of apples once he gets to have sex again. kisses

calypso
Well, Willo maybe sex to Barbossa is like a whole bushel of apples. Do I need to describe it further?

The best things about all the POTC movies

1. Gibbs in the pig sty and Norrington in the pig sty.

2. Gibbs: Counting those four, that's FOUR.

3. Gibbs about Jack Sparrow: That honest streak finally won out.

4. Lizzy's tearful look at Gibbs when he says the above line. (Eat you heart out missy)

5. Jack's opening scene on the throne of the Pelogostos

6. Jack telling the chief of the Pelogostos that Will is "eunichy, snip, snip"
and the look on Will's face.

7. Jack trying to blow out the fire under him.

8. Jack running down the beach with the Pelogostos chasing him.

9. Jack's leap onto the Pearl "...and my children, this is the day you shall remember as the day you almost...(big wave)...Captain Jack Sparrow."

10. Expression on Jack's face after he pole vaulted across the chasm, landing on the other side.

11. Jack unravelling from the rope down the chasm.

12. The lens flare when Jack picks up the gun and Lizzy latches onto his leg.

13. Music when Kraken attacks the Edinburgh Trader.

14. Dog in COTBP and DMC. Jack the Monkey.

15. Jack falling from the top of the fort, being hauled on board the Pearl and stroking the wheel of the Pearl like it were a woman.

SarahB
Originally posted by calypso
Well, Willo maybe sex to Barbossa is like a whole bushel of apples. Do I need to describe it further?

lmao lolbig grin- sry tht just made me laugh

SarahB
oh i like everythin bout potc (1 + 2) dnt rly have a favourite- but wat evry1 has mentioned i luv them 2smile

willofthewisp
Oh man, the guy really needs to just be dropped off at the nearest apple orchard. He'll be in for some real hanky-panky there.

Apples= sex means sex=apples

Speaking of Gibbs lines, "Daft like Jack" is a great line from COTBP. Anamaria, the queen of negative thinking (but I like her anyway) says Liz and Will are daft and Gibbs defends them, "Daft like Jack!"

PirateDiva
^^ I think it's more like Anamaria calls only LIZ DAFT....and then Gibbs says "DAFT LIKE JACK".....sorry normally i wouldnt have corrected you but in this case i think it was important...because i think TnT were trying to make the point that LIZ (not Will) was DAFT and just as CRAZY as JACK....to not Underestimate her! big grin

willofthewisp
I think it was more geared towards Liz, too, but I thought Anamaria said they were both daft. Oh well. Will is sometimes daft like Jack, too, just not as often!

I think I have to add the AWE pictures into my favorites. I love how dark and bold everyone looks. Jack looks so much like a ghost it's scary and Will and Liz look so kick-ass. I love Barbossa's in it too, and I'm sure I'll love Sao Feng.

Chiki Mina
But Barbossa won't think so much of apples once he gets to have sex again. kisses

Maybe he already did with Tia lol

willofthewisp
I thought there was a subdued look on his face. Those apples must act like cigarettes.

lovethemtigers
Pretty much anything involving Jack Sparrow about sums it up in a nutshell.....

1. Jack telling Liz what a Ship is and what freedom is...the Black Pearl (irony)

2. Jack seeing the British Ship come to rescue them off Island and hearing him say "there'll be no living with her after this"

3. Jack pointing to himself when Will is telling Norrington that Jack is a good man.

4. the way Jack says "Elizabeth, it would have never worked between us darling, I'm Sorry"

5. Liz telling jack at the end of DMC "i'm not sorry" (not really)

6. Jack saying "now show me that horizon"

7. Jack running from the Cannibals

8. Jack poking eunichy boy while he is hanging upside down from the poll that the cannibals put him on...

9. Jack taking the money bag at the beginning of POTC....and listening to it jingle...

10. Jack saying "let's make it three schillings and forget the name"

11. Jack telling will at end of their first sword fight ...when will says "you cheated" and Jack responds "Pirate"

12. Jack looking at Liz with love in his eyes and a smile on his face....and saying "Pirate" and then she walks away and he is still smiling......

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by calypso

The best things about all the POTC movies

1. Gibbs in the pig sty and Norrington in the pig sty.

2. Gibbs: Counting those four, that's FOUR.

3. Gibbs about Jack Sparrow: That honest streak finally won out.

4. Lizzy's tearful look at Gibbs when he says the above line. (Eat you heart out missy)

5. Jack's opening scene on the throne of the Pelogostos

6. Jack telling the chief of the Pelogostos that Will is "eunichy, snip, snip"
and the look on Will's face.

7. Jack trying to blow out the fire under him.

8. Jack running down the beach with the Pelogostos chasing him.

9. Jack's leap onto the Pearl "...and my children, this is the day you shall remember as the day you almost...(big wave)...Captain Jack Sparrow."

10. Expression on Jack's face after he pole vaulted across the chasm, landing on the other side.

11. Jack unravelling from the rope down the chasm.

12. The lens flare when Jack picks up the gun and Lizzy latches onto his leg.

13. Music when Kraken attacks the Edinburgh Trader.

14. Dog in COTBP and DMC. Jack the Monkey.

15. Jack falling from the top of the fort, being hauled on board the Pearl and stroking the wheel of the Pearl like it were a woman.

We have an accord....I agree with all the aforementioned moments....

oooh....oooh...oooh....Yes, I love when Liz climbs up the final step and clings to Jack's leg as he fires the rifle......

and what about.....the way Jack is looking at Liz just before The Kiss..now that's what I call HOT....

tee_pirategirl
YES SO HOT! and I dunno why but it also looks just a LITTLE sad but in a beautifull way not a bad way. I also love the fact that Jack KNOWS what's happening before it does like T&T said "the knowledge of his faith can be sen in his eyes" or SOMETHING along those lines. It's true cause u can SEE in his eyes and his small smile that he knows what lizzie's doing before he hears the irons clap.

lovethemtigers
yes, I see what you mean..and I do remember them saying that on the commentary....Jack knows his fate...that's why he surrenders so easy...and hey, he gets a kiss out of it...but I think at this point he does realize how much Lizzie truly means to him and that she's not just another link in his chain....she's the heart, the treasure he has been searching for his entire life....

lovethemtigers
okay, what I just said makes my heart break...if Jack and Liz don't end up together I will be so sad and I will leave the theatre in tears...that is if I even make it to the theatre....but I'm sure I will no matter what...cuz I'll want to see Johnny as Jack and won't be able to wait til it comes out of DVD.....

PirateDiva
Omg yes i remember that....He knows his fate...i cant believe i have completely disregarded that....this only makes me love J/L even More!
He almost knew what was gonna happen, but he didn't care as long as he could have 1 kiss from her! Nothing else matter to him except her!

GOSH they soooooo need to be together!

willofthewisp
I have to agree. Even knowing what she was going to do, the fact he didn't fight, didn't even cry out, makes me believe it's love. I think she did do it to help everyone and it was a huge sacrifice on her part. He calls her a pirate because it was an underhanded way of doing it, but the cause behind it was noble. I also think he knows she'll come back for him.

PirateDiva
Yes he was left so speechless he didnt even know what to say except...PIRATE! IMO that was his way of saying I Love You! LOL! Call me crazy but i do believe that...Jack loves the life of a pirate, he loves being one too....so i think that was his replacement for saying i love you....lol...i know cooky theory...but seriously he couldnt say I Love You....but PIRATE hmmmmm!

IheartPocky
Like when Han solo said "I know" smile

Chiki Mina
Oh, WOW. I love it on how Jack looks at Lizzie before they kiss. I think he knew what was about to happen, I think he just gave himself up to Liz.

lovethemtigers
Yes he was left so speechless he didnt even know what to say except...PIRATE! IMO that was his way of saying I Love You! LOL! Call me crazy but i do believe that...Jack loves the life of a pirate, he loves being one too....so i think that was his replacement for saying i love you....lol...i know cooky theory...but seriously he couldnt say I Love You....but PIRATE hmmmmm!

OMG OMG OMG...this is sooo true...so many people think that they can't imagine Jack saying "i love you" to LIz...and I too can't see that..but him saying the simple "Pirate" means "i love you" in Jack's book...I am really freaking out over this....

And yes, Willo....I agree...Jack doesn't scream or panic...he just accepts his fate..and just like him, Liz is doing something to help others but used an underhanded way to do it....and we've said this before, I know, millions of time...but it's at this moment where the Curiosity Coversation comes to light....even ted and terry say it in the commentary...

During the "Very Much Alike/Curiosity" conversation....they say Jack and Liz play with each other, each coming up with guidelines that would make them be the "ulitmate" mate for each other, knowing (or believing) that neither one can live up to those expectataions...yet, what happens at the end...

Jack does do something really courageous, he does have a moment to do the right thing, he is a good man, and he does want the rewards that follow...and Liz does come over to Jack's side...she does something very piratey, acting on selfish impulse (the kiss, the chance to do something bad) but at the same time doing something to save others...just as Jack always does.....OMG OMG OMG

the foreshadowing conversation:

"we are very much alike you and I, I-you, Us...you will come over to my side, I know it....you long for freedom, you want to do what you want to do, cause you want it, to ACT ON SELFISH IMPULSE, one day you won't be able to resist"

"there will come a moment when you have a chance to do the right thing...to do something courageous and you will discover something, that you are a good man.....want to know why...curiosity, you want to know what it feels like, to receive the rewards that follow, you won't be able to resist, you are going to want to know what it tastes like"

willofthewisp
Well said, lovethemtigers. I think they have a more direct way of talking with one another than they do with other characters. This may all seem indirect on the surface, but I think they both know exactly what the other one means.

PirateDiva
Yes They want each other on there own terms and Finally Jack gave in a little at the end of DMC....he came back on Lizzie's Terms! Now it's Lizzie's Time to Come back to him on his Terms!

PirateDiva
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
OMG OMG OMG...this is sooo true...so many people think that they can't imagine Jack saying "i love you" to LIz...and I too can't see that..but him saying the simple "Pirate" means "i love you" in Jack's book...I am really freaking out over this....

And yes, Willo....I agree...Jack doesn't scream or panic...he just accepts his fate..and just like him, Liz is doing something to help others but used an underhanded way to do it....and we've said this before, I know, millions of time...but it's at this moment where the Curiosity Coversation comes to light....even ted and terry say it in the commentary...

During the "Very Much Alike/Curiosity" conversation....they say Jack and Liz play with each other, each coming up with guidelines that would make them be the "ulitmate" mate for each other, knowing (or believing) that neither one can live up to those expectataions...yet, what happens at the end...

Jack does do something really courageous, he does have a moment to do the right thing, he is a good man, and he does want the rewards that follow...and Liz does come over to Jack's side...she does something very piratey, acting on selfish impulse (the kiss, the chance to do something bad) but at the same time doing something to save others...just as Jack always does.....OMG OMG OMG

the foreshadowing conversation:

"we are very much alike you and I, I-you, Us...you will come over to my side, I know it....you long for freedom, you want to do what you want to do, cause you want it, to ACT ON SELFISH IMPULSE, one day you won't be able to resist"

"there will come a moment when you have a chance to do the right thing...to do something courageous and you will discover something, that you are a good man.....want to know why...curiosity, you want to know what it feels like, to receive the rewards that follow, you won't be able to resist, you are going to want to know what it tastes like"

OH Yay! Im so happy you understand what i'm saying about the PIRATE line and im soooo happy ur freaking out with me.....But yes!! YAY YAY!!!

I love that curiosity scene...the words are so very well said! big grin

willofthewisp
I like watching the curiosity scene even better than the kiss, if you can understand that. It's hard to explain why.

Chiki Mina
At the end, they both ended up doing what the other said they will do.

PirateDiva
I LOVE IT!!!!!!! THEY LOVE EACH OTHER!!! big grin

Chiki Mina
I LOVE IT!!!!!!! THEY LOVE EACH OTHER!!! big grin

Aye big grin

*sigh*

You know what's funny, Jack isn't the type to say "I love you". Have you girls noticed that Elizabeth seems the kind of person not to say "I love you" also?

PirateDiva
Well ya cause SHE HAS NEVER SAID I LOVE YOU TO WILL!!!!! NEVER NOT ONCE...

what would be Beautiful is Jack and Liz saying I LOVE YOU to each other cause they would never say it! and they say it for the First Time to each other! eek!

Chiki Mina
That would be hot. Sparrabeth is hot, Sparrabeth is love smile

willofthewisp
But you know, if Jack and Liz get together, and I'm hoping they do, I think they would say I love you to each other. We won't get to hear it, but they would just be one of those couples that isn't that affectionate or vocal about their relationship in public, but behind closed doors, I can see them being as romantic and sentimental with each other as they could be. If you really feel you can be yourself around a person, I think they would see and hear things out of you you would never say to/around someone else.

katelovespirate
long live sparrabeth.

it's just the most brilliant couple ever--- well, i hesitate to say couple. rather, the most brilliant two characters and the most brilliant connection. a passion for the ages. the sort of thing wars are fought over and legends are begun by.

im sorry, i just needed to get that out. smile

lovethemtigers
long live sparrabeth.

it's just the most brilliant couple ever--- well, i hesitate to say couple. rather, the most brilliant two characters and the most brilliant connection. a passion for the ages. the sort of thing wars are fought over and legends are begun by.

Kate, what's up with your siggy? It's quite funny...but I like it....Norrington, gotta love him...I swear I will be so disappointed if they kill Norrington....he must be redeemed and have that handsome look on his face and be so heroic as he was at the end of POTC when being a good man realized when it was time to bow out and not rant and rave over the fact that Elizabeth wanted Will and not him.....I loved that part about Norrington, it showed what a great guy he was....and I loved how he was allowed to be more comedic in DMC...I loved his old dirty white wig have hanging off of his head...that was hilarious.....

But I digress...back to jack and elizabeth....OMG they just have to be together in the end......we already know Jack wants and now loves Elizabeth...and he knows that her heart is the same as his...so how is he going to get her to realize it?

lovethemtigers
I still say that I hope Norrington has a change of heart, realises what a pig/jerk Beckett is and returns the heart to Jack and others and that's how they get it and Will stabs the heart.....somewhere in the leaked script is says Jack's consience keeps telling him to stab the heart and be the captain of the flying dutchman so he can be at sea for eternity...yet the other side of Jack argues that he would only be able to take port every ten years and that would be the only time to rum and wenches....LOL

katelovespirate
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Kate, what's up with your siggy? It's quite funny...but I like it....

hahaha, well as you may know, we're in the middle of a fun little N/L version of AWE, and I was feeling festive. smile Plus, I really do love Norrington. I think he's the most deserving of the men vying for Liz.

Though you know where my heart truly lies when it comes to shipping...wink

willofthewisp
I knew you didn't completely convert. Jack and Liz...I don't know, once LovelyOne brought it up and I took a second look at their relationship, it was like it all fell into place. Writing an N/E one is challenging, but it's also rewarding. He is my second choice for Liz.

katelovespirate
I knew you didn't completely convert. Jack and Liz...I don't know, once LovelyOne brought it up and I took a second look at their relationship, it was like it all fell into place. Writing an N/E one is challenging, but it's also rewarding. He is my second choice for Liz.

yeah definately challenging. it's good exercise- stretching us as writers. wink i actually thought it was going to be easier because i really love Norri and think they have such amazing chemistry, but everytime i start writing anything with Liz or Jack in the same scene, I cant even help it, it just sort of turns into this attraction/connection stuff. I wonder if that's the way T and T felt writing 2 and 3... they were trying so hard to make W/L work, but no matter what they did, they kept coming up with amazing things for JACK and liz to do... and then it accidentally turned out a million times better on screen. lol.

lovethemtigers
Yep, I know what you guys mean....when I'm trying to fall asleep at night I'll think about what could take place in AWE and I try to envision a happy ending where Jack accepts will and liz...but everytime I dream up a scene...it somehow ends up back to jack and liz...I just cannot envision any other way for this triology to resolve itself...fate intervened...jack had the chance to do the right thing...and he did, he is a good man...Liz acted on selfish impulse, she came over to Jack's side...they are Pirates..."pirate"....

PirateDiva
OOOO I LOVE IT!!!

BTW Kate I never liked N/L but ur siggy brings out the sexy in them...lol!! I Love ur siggy!!!

PIRATE yes....honestly i dont think Jack has to do anything in order to make her realize anything because she already realizes that she Loves him...thats Why she is going to look for him!!! The question is what is he going to do to convince her to leave Will and show that life by his side can be full of passion, love and adventure?

PirateDiva
long live sparrabeth.

OMG KATE yes well said....Their Love is that Powerful! I mean it was powerful enough to drive us all Crazy eek! !

Chiki Mina
This forum is crazy.

Half are converting themselves for a N/E ship (lol)

Half are paranoid.

Half won't stop talking crap about the writers. (I wonder who)

Half gets depressed and dramatic everytime there's a rumor that is not confirmed.

The mayority are being negative.

A thread of planning a wedding..?

I need a vacation from KMC...sad

lovethemtigers
This forum is crazy.

Half are paranoid.

Half gets depressed and dramatic everytime there's a rumor that is not confirmed.

I need a vacation from KMC...sad

Chiki...what are you talking about.....I'm positive smile I'm very much onboard the Jack and Liz ship, In fact, I bet I could be captain...I cannot see anybody but Jack and Liz...sure I like Norrie, but him and LIz have no chemistry..infact, IMO, they have less chemistry than Will and LIz....

I use to get rattled by rumors, but I don't any longer....I'm keeping the faith... T and T have to know what they are doing and have to realize that the reaction to Liz and Jack was very positive..more than they could have ever expected....

Yes, some are freaking out one minute and then the next moment they are all cheerful..but that's what this forum has been..a rollercoaster ride to be exact....

Keep the ship sailing...be positve and smile...Jack and Liz forever....Jack loves Liz and Liz loves JACK.....

lovethemtigers
OOOO I LOVE IT!!!

BTW Kate I never liked N/L but ur siggy brings out the sexy in them...lol!! I Love ur siggy!!!

PIRATE yes....honestly i dont think Jack has to do anything in order to make her realize anything because she already realizes that she Loves him...thats Why she is going to look for him!!! The question is what is he going to do to convince her to leave Will and show that life by his side can be full of passion, love and adventure?

Diva, you are so right. I agree. It's not a question as to whether LIz loves Jack..but is she willing to leave Will for Jack...that's the question.

It all goes back to the opening scene of COTBP when Liz and Will are young (12/13) and Gov. Swann tells Elizabeth that the boy is in her charge and she reassures Will that it's okay, she's looking out for him....that's what its really all about...Liz feels she owes some kind of protection to Will....more so than deep and abiding and passionate love, IMO

willofthewisp
"This forum is crazy.

Half are paranoid.

I need a vacation from KMC..."---------Chiki

Take all the time you need, but seriously, I think the board has bounced back from about a month ago when everyone was just swimming in negativity.

Half have not converted into N/E shippers. In fact, I would go as far as to say that only sailor and Surreal are N/E shippers, and Sailor just wants Norrie for herself. We're writing a fanfic on it because N/E is more interesting than W/E and we already did one J/E, and J/E as fun as it is, is not as challenging.

Are you talking about me complaining about the writers? I do every once in a while, but I didn't think it bothered anyone. I just find it strange that they don't agree about how things should end up, but Kate, Surreal, and I are writing that fanfic and Surreal and I definitely don't agree on certain things, yet the story is going great. So I trust them in the long run.

Are you that bothered by a wedding thread? Dude, girls love planning weddings in their heads. I thought planning my own would be fun until I actually got started and it's a lot of work. So it's fun to come here and "plan" one and not have a budget, people's opinions, and booking things to worry about.

Surreal_44
See, I disagree entirely. I despise Jack and Elizabeth together. Every time I watch the curiosity scene, it reminds me of a thirteen year old girl trying to fling herself onto a guy about to graduate from college.

For me, it's weird and vaguely creepy to watch. I liked Jack and Elizabeth dynamics much better when there wasn't...THAT going on. And I am quite sure that Elizabeth doesn't love Jack. wink She may be confused right now, but that is natural. She's had an attraction to a man who is not her fiance, and that has her flummoxed. I think by the end of the film, she'll have discovered that attraction is not the same as love.

As for TnT, they said they had to come up with a way to get Jack and Elizabeth to kiss, and having Elizabeth betray Jack in that manner (to save Will) was the way they came up with that would be true to the characters. wink

Interesting as Jack and Elizabeth might be romantically, they probably won't happen, because it was never the writers' intention for it to be that way. Even in that original draft of CotBP, where the dynamics of a 'love triangle' were more obvious, she still chose Will over the others.

Poor Norrington. sad Never had a chance with Liz. Oooh, but you must go look up a fic by jd_lit on livejournal. "A Song for the Wretched and Wrecked" is the best Norribeth fic out there. There's two parts to it, and it should be listed right at the top of her latest journal entry (under favorite story of the year). Go read!

katelovespirate
awe Chiki, don't be mad sweetheart. It's just a film, so we're all bound to get a little ambiguous at times. it's natural for people to have mood swings and get excited about a different aspect of the film from time to time. just so you know, I haven't converted ships by any stretch of the imagination (even if i wanted to, there's no way I could)... but I was just exploring and enjoying the Norri/Liz aspect of the film, and trying to widen my horizons a little. hehehe. smile is that okay?

everyone, thanks for the remarks about the sig. smile it's very easy to create steamy j/l sigs, but i had a lot of fun with this one. I thought Norrington looked very whimsical. smile i appreciate the comments. thanks!

IheartPocky
I'm positive! eek!

PirateDiva
I'm Positive.....For Now!! laughing

Mistypirate
Well I actually converted in to a Dog/Monkey shipper. They actually make more sense to me. stick out tongue

Chiki Mina
*sigh*
I'm not mad. I guess I'm just fed up. I had Barker getting on my nerves and offending me. JDFE accusing me of sending her racial msgs. And I don't think no one knows what happened between me and LovelyOne...I think it will be hard to believe considering that she is--well, was the brain of this forum...I got to know her true colors. I won't blame you guys if you all don't believe me.

And I don't know what Surreal's comment had anything to do with this. But, just to add this part of the argument, I think Liz found out it wasn't lust anymore she had with Jack. It shows by the end of AWE how much she really missed him. If it was just lust, she wouldn't even bother to say "yes" on the mission to rescue Jack instead of going home to her soprano boy and marry him.

I'm not bothered about a wedding thread. I find it creepy at times. I'm the kind of girl who's hard and bitter about those things. I love Johnny, but I wouldn't even dream of doing that.. Once you have friends that won't stop talking about their boyfriends lol--not KMC. And once you know guys that wants you to be like Hillary Duff or Paris Hilton *barf*

Maybe is my pms talking, maybe I'm just crazy lol. I think I'm loosing credibility.

Mistypirate
WOW confused What happened now? I don't get? What did I missed?LOL I know, too much questions in at the same time, I just don't know what the heck is going on now.

willofthewisp
Chiki, I'm in a way surprised and in a way not surprised about LovelyOne. It just goes to show that none of us really know each other on the board. There's only one thing that we can all be 100% sure about the others and that's that we love POTC. As someone who's been a member of other boards, I can tell you this one is pretty tame and we're lucky there are few fights.

JDFE, or whoever uses that name when the real JDFE isn't around, is an immature little kid and I'm probably going to start trouble by saying that, but that person isn't worth getting mad over. How can there be racism on a message board? I certainly don't know what any of you look like except Kate, and that's because she has a link to her blog or myspace or whatever.

So don't be too mad, but take a break if you need it. You'll come back loving POTC all the more for it.

Chiki Mina
Nevermind what I said. I'm sorry if I worried anyone. You just think you can trust in some people then BOOM spits all over your face and steps on your esteem.

I can't leave KMC, I'm too in love with it. It's one of my escapes that I have once in a while.

I just get bitter at times when I want to shar something that's important that is not a rumor but a fact, and people prefer the media--grr lol get's you at times.

I already told kate, she seems really, REALLY happy smile

IheartPocky
Are you saying you know something? shifty

Chiki Mina
Maybe no expression

PirateDiva
well dont hold back pm me or msn me or something!!!!!!!

IheartPocky
What she said! smile

PirateDiva
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MINA THAT WAS AMAZING NEWS!!!!! *floats to cloud 9*

katelovespirate
Nevermind what I said. I'm sorry if I worried anyone. You just think you can trust in some people then BOOM spits all over your face and steps on your esteem.

I can't leave KMC, I'm too in love with it. It's one of my escapes that I have once in a while.

I just get bitter at times when I want to shar something that's important that is not a rumor but a fact, and people prefer the media--grr lol get's you at times.

I already told kate, she seems really, REALLY happy smile

that's because i am. big grin VERY happy. Chiki is my hero of the day.

PirateDiva
UH HUH!!! SAME HERE she saved me from commiting suicide...lol!!! I LOVE MINA!!!! W0oo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0!!!

Chiki Mina
Hurray!!

It's not a rumor! It's a fact--A FACT!

I love facts!!!

And you're welcome kate and piratediva lol.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>