Shazam VS Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ichigo66666
I was discussing this with my cousin. He thinks it's a good one. But backs Shazam.

Fight takes place in the Image Universe. Who Wins?

Entity
Personally I could see this going either way. Hell, Odin is a god but, isn't that basically what Shazam was before the Spectre killed him. Not a god exactly but wasn't he basically on the same level as the Gods that originally gave him his power?

Ichigo66666
Bump! I thought this would interest people!

Symmetric Chaos
seems one sided

Odin is a god and Shazam dies when a block of stone falls on him

UniOmni
Odin in a stomp.

Thanos_THOTU
Odin, since he in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance game is a universal threat.

guy222
Originally posted by Ichigo66666
I was discussing this with my cousin. He thinks it's a good one. But backs Shazam.

Fight takes place in the Image Universe. Who Wins?

Odin 10/10

Supreme being
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Odin, since he in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance game is a universal threat.

Yeah in a game but this is a comic book discussion forum.

Supreme being
Originally posted by guy222
Odin 10/10

I strongly disagree.

Rewmac
Odin is the head of the Gods. Shazam is also not to be underestimated, but the Odinforce is a serious power which Thor in volume 2 couldn't really use. I mean he couldn't really use it's full potential.
Shazam got a couple of champions. And he is a strong Wizard but he isn't really the one who could beat Odin. We can't really talk about the one with the more experience would win coz both of them go serious knowledge and experience. My vote is on Odin.

Superherovandal
he's also in the quintessence implying that he's around the level of ganthet, ps, zeus, and highfather.

xmarksthespot
I liked the Shazam v. Spectre fight in DoV...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Yeah, it shows that he has the goods to give Odin a hell of a good fight.

jrodslam

You also have to keep in mid that he just fought Mordru(2nd highest LoOaC behind Nabu) and eventhough he was in the RoE, all Magic in the DCU was depowered from Spectre killing many important members.

snoopdogg
I think Shazam is being underrated here. He is on the Quintessence which is a group of the most powerful beings in the DCU. That's some pretty good company to be in. He can defeat/stalemate Odin. They are pretty equal.

Galan007
I liked the Shazam v. Spectre fight in DoV... Me to.

It was much better then the Nabu v.s. Spectre fight IMO.

WrathfulDwarf
After the Trials are over Captain Marvel will most likely be above God mode.

Shazam vs Odin is practically the same as Thor vs Odin...lots of Thunder.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
After the Trials are over Captain Marvel will most likely be above God mode.

Shazam vs Odin is practically the same as Thor vs Odin...lots of Thunder.

How is Thor even in the same league as The Wizard Shazam? The Wizard Shazam is as powerful or nearly as Highfather, Ganthet, Zeus, and PS all of whom are on the quintessence.

Soujaboy
Odin. From what I've seen from Shazaam isn't as powerful as Odin.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Odin. From what I've seen from Shazaam isn't as powerful as Odin.

Thank you for your very unbiased and unsubjective point of view. As if we didn't know at all that you would have something to say along these lines.

Bentley
Shazam is a skyfather, given. But I think that Odin is strong among skyfathers, he should take this 7-8/10.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Thank you for your very unbiased and unsubjective point of view. As if we didn't know at all that you would have something to say along these lines.

laughing

Pathetic

WrathfulDwarf
How is Thor even in the same league as The Wizard Shazam? The Wizard Shazam is as powerful or nearly as Highfather, Ganthet, Zeus, and PS all of whom are on the quintessence.

Not speaking of the Wizard. I was referring to Freddy. Should have made that clear. But I did mention the Trials so yes....Freddy.

jrodslam
Was Odins fight against Thanos his biggest battle?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jrodslam
Was Odins fight against Thanos his biggest battle? I hope not. For Odins sake....

Bentley
Surtur is a way better match.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by jrodslam
You also have to keep in mid that he just fought Mordru(2nd highest LoOaC behind Nabu) and eventhough he was in the RoE, all Magic in the DCU was depowered from Spectre killing many important members. True true, I think I'll say stalemate for now. Fighting Mordru and then fighting the Spectre - and having a brief victory against Spectre, before he regenerated - all while magic overall is weakened is pretty impressive.

snoopdogg
To say Odin wins 10/10 or easily is absurd. This is a very close match and can go either way.

jrodslam
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I hope not. For Odins sake....

True true, I think I'll say stalemate for now. Fighting Mordru and then fighting the Spectre - and having a brief victory against Spectre, before he regenerated - all while magic overall is weakened is pretty impressive.

yes

D-Block
This could go either way both have the power to take each other out.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soujaboy
laughing

Pathetic

It's pathetic that it is so very true. You wouldn't have answered any other way.

Soljer
Meh, those saying Odin 10/10 are only doing so out of DC spite. This is a pretty even match.

Soujaboy
It's pathetic that it is so very true. You wouldn't have answered any other way.

laughing

Pathetic

Soujaboy
To say Odin wins 10/10 or easily is absurd. This is a very close match and can go either way.

Odin's respect thread was just created.

juggernaut66666
Odin might win this battle....

Rewmac
To say Odin wins 10/10 or easily is absurd. This is a very close match and can go either way. Co-Signed. This could be interesting. But we all know Shazam is very powerful being. Just his shwings weren't too good.

UniOmni
Odin is more powerful than Shazam. Point blank.

Must i go into my Power of Shazam horde and bring out scans of him getting beaten by his daughter Blaze??

I'm not gonna say 10/10, but he'd take the clearcut majority.

Why?

Shazam did well against an unfocused Spectre, in his realm of power.
I believe that was honestly his highest feat.

And now positions of alliances = concrete power?

BS.

Odin shakes the multiverse in a battle.

Odin destroys a galaxy.

Odin has a battle that relights dead suns, and goes around multiple ends of reality.

Odin creates Mangog with a wave.

Odin koes the Surfer, and team with little fanfare.

Odin is the premiere skyfather of Marvel, and no skyfather in DC has yet trumped him.

hunbu04
Odin maybe powerful but he is not even in the same league as the phantom stranger and don't forget Shazam was a Lord of Order. In DCU both Zeus and Jove before they became one being call DC Odin a lessor God and yet Zeus consider Shazam to be his Equal. And if you don't know Shazam has all of captain marvel powers plus he is a very powerful telepath and omnipotent, omnipresent, and ominscient

Superherovandal
he fought an unfocussed Spectre while all of magic in DCU was very weakened by Spectre's rampage. You must add that into account. THis is 50/50 for me.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by hunbu04
Odin maybe powerful but he is not even in the same league as the phantom stranger and don't forget Shazam was a Lord of Order. In DCU both Zeus and Jove before they became one being call DC Odin a lessor God and yet Zeus consider Shazam to be his Equal. And if you don't know Shazam has all of captain marvel powers plus he is a very powerful telepath and omnipotent, omnipresent, and ominscient

SOMEONE's confused. Ok..first off- DC Odin has ZERO to do with Marvel Odin. Two completely different beings with two completely different power levels, personalities, and feats. No one in his right mind tries to argue against Marvel Thor by using the showings of DC thor, and it's for the same damn reason.

Second: When Thor gained the odinpower, he also gained the realization that Odin held BACK the large majority of his powers and could have obliterated his enemies in an instant, yet chose not to. This is the same Odin that (courtesies to UniOmni)

shook the multiverse in a battle.

destroyed a galaxy.

had a battle that relights dead suns, and goes around multiple ends of reality.

creates Mangog with a wave.

not only KO'ed but casually one shotted the Surfer, and team with little fanfare While busy fighting someone else at the time.

No match for the Phantom Stranger? Tell me how the stranger would do against Surtur...the same Surtur that destroys stars to forge his weapons, and get back to me. Odin would turn Stranger into a rodent AGAIN then step on him.

Shazam created captain marvel using the borrowed powers of other gods? Big Deal. Odin created Mjolnir AND Stormbreaker- granting Thor and BRB their powers AND created the destroyer on his own, with ZERO drop in his own personal power. The Odinforce also grants limitless wisdom, so he definitely has the drop on Shazam there.

Odin takes this with little difficulty.

Superherovandal
he loses power all the time what do you think he goes to odinsleep for? and Shazam faced against Spectre and held his own for a while. WHILE HIS AND ALL OF DCU's MAGIC WAS VERY WEAKENED. Till Spectre decided to finally kill him and absorbed everything against him and absorbed his magic. also Shazam faced against Mordru the most powerful Lord of Chaos and held his own. both are wayyy more powerful than Surtur, or Surfer. Odin would lose to PS. Spectre is lightyears from Odin when it comes to power so i doubt he'll ever turn PS into a mouse. besides Spectre did that to PS cause he knew he couldn't kill him until he severely weakened the magic in DCU. that alone tells wonders about PS's power.

hunbu04
Are you comparing puny gods like surtur and odin to an abstract being like the phantom stranger that not even the the all powerful spectre could kill

Space M ummy
Are you comparing puny gods like surtur and odin to an abstract being like the phantom stranger that not even the the all powerful spectre could kill

Spectre is not "all powerful." first off. He only has as much power as the presence allows him to have.

Second, I'm most CERTAINLY comparing Phantom Stranger to Surtur. You say that "even the spectre couldn't kill him!!!111one" but spectre certainly neutralized and rendered stranger totally powerless by turning him into a mouse- something that wouldn't even phase a true abstract.
Could you see the living tribunal or even galactus (who actually ARE abstracts, FYI) being taken out that way? The very thought is beyond laughable.

re: the odinsleep- the odinsleep has nothing to do with power drain. It's Odin's only vulnerability. One night of sleep per year to rejuvenate, regardless of how much power he actually uses during that time period. could Shazam go 364 days without stopping for some kind of rest? probably not. Odinsleep is irrelevant here.

Also: it occurs to me that if the Spectre could wreck shazam's power levels that easily along with the rest of DC earth, he's not as high tier as you're making him out to be.

LordFear
Odin hands down

UniOmni
I love how people act like Spectre owning the Phantom Stranger is a new thing.

Back in 99, in Day of Judgement, he took away his facial features and rendered him mute for talking too much.

Surtur would be defeated by Mordru?

Mordru was nice and all, but he's being vastly overrated on this board.
Strange would beat Mordru for the majority, easy.

Lords of Chaos and Order are highly overrated on this board....

Its not a title that comes with a certain power level.

Nabu is the most powerful lord of order, but reality wouldn't crumble if he were to be killed permanently.

pantysniffer
Originally posted by UniOmni
I love how people act like Spectre owning the Phantom Stranger is a new thing.

Back in 99, in Day of Judgement, he took away his facial features and rendered him mute for talking too much.

Surtur would be defeated by Mordru?

Mordru was nice and all, but he\'s being vastly overrated on this board.
Strange would beat Mordru for the majority, easy.

Lords of Chaos and Order are highly overrated on this board....

Its not a title that comes with a certain power level.

Nabu is the most powerful lord of order, but reality wouldn\'t crumble if he were to be killed permanently.

Although Mordru pre crisis would kick Surturs butt. smile

He beat the Precrisis Legion many times. Present Mordru is not the same guy. Mordru with all the power of Sorcerers World would win however.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by pantysniffer
Although Mordru pre crisis would kick Surturs butt. smile

He beat the Precrisis Legion many times. Present Mordru is not the same guy. Mordru with all the power of Sorcerers World would win however.

er...probably not. Surtur is Monstrously powerful. Precrisis legion is nice and all, but Surtur (and the thousands and thousands of demons under his command) defeated all of asgard, more than once. (remember: Ragnarok is a cycle, and this wasn't the first time it happened.)

I'll take thousand foot tall demon who can destroy stars, tear holes in dimensions with Twilight, can forge MULTIPLE Mjolnirs at will (essentially creating an army of Thors) and kills an entire pantheon of gods multiple times vs. "guy who defeated the precrisis legion" any day of the week.

hunbu04
when has not the spectre been omnipotent

UniOmni
Most of his existence.

Space M ummy
when has not the spectre been omnipotent

Since...oh...forever? The spectre is an embodiment of God's wrath. a fraction of the power of the true presence, and subject to it.

The presence is omnipotent and omnicient* The spectre is not and his power level fluctuates wildly, depending on how much the presence allows him to have in a given situation.

would a truly all powerful being be begging the presence not to tie him to a mortal host and limit his power? Because that's precisely what happened in day of vengeance after spectre's antics got out of hand.

*actually, I just remembered when Asmodel invaded the earth way back in early issues of JLA, he stated that "the attention of the presence was occupied elsewhere" implying that not even the presence was aware of everything at all times, as a truly omnipotent being would be.

hunbu04
LT is consider omnipotent,omnicient and onimpresent and yet he is still serve a master same can be said of the spectre. and in his entire existance the spectre has always been omnipotent to a point. AS in DOV it is said that if the spectre wants you dead than you are already dead.
and about the presence not knowing everything is a joke as the presence stated he is infinite meaning he knows everything. The full power spectre said that he knew everything happening in the entire DCU when he absorb imperix into his body. he said he could fell entire universes been created and ending

kevdude
About the Imperiex/Spectre thing, it was The Spectre going beyond Source Wall trying to talk to The Source/The Presence and the Unifriend who The Spectre speculated was an avatar of the Archangel Michael made him 1 with the universe for daring to go beyond the Wall.

quanchi112
i see odin winning this. but its very close. shazam should not be underestimated.

TricksterPriest
Slight edge to Odin. Mostly because I don't know Shazam well enough to judge the match properly. But what I do know is that Odin would work for his win.

Though inside the rock of eternity, Shazam would have the edge. He gets a major multiplier to his power inside there.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Slight edge to Odin. Mostly because I don't know Shazam well enough to judge the match properly. But what I do know is that Odin would work for his win.

Though inside the rock of eternity, Shazam would have the edge. He gets a major multiplier to his power inside there.

Tyrant
You two should liek totally go out and get coffee, and then gird your loins for love.big grin

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tyrant
You two should liek totally go out and get coffee, and then gird your loins for love.big grin uhm no. f--k no. never.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by quanchi112
uhm no. f--k no. never.

laughing out loud

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Tyrant
You two should liek totally go out and get coffee, and then gird your loins for love.big grin
Ew. what an insult to trickster.

complexbrother
Odin 100% of the time.

quanchi112
Ew. what an insult to trickster. no an insult to me. mad

the Darkone
Odin

JakeTheBank
Odin.

If DoV Spectre came to Asgard and Odin used his various artifacts and amped himself off of the Realm Eternal itself, I have no doubt he would do just as good as Shazam did in the RoE at the very least.

On neutral ground, Odin's significantly superior.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.