Spider-Man vs Wolverine: Slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Howard_Jones
Fight in a Hell in a Cell, WWE style. Wolverine does not get teh clawz!!11!!

Ichigo66666
If Wolverine gets in some good shots, still with the adamantium skeleton, he will knock Spidey Out. But Spidey could dodge all day. I say Wolverine 6/10. He'll connect sometimes.

masterbruce
Spiderman breaks his fists on wolverine's adamantium skull. gets tired after dodging Logan all day, and get beat down to a bloody pulp.

Wolverine 10/10

Ichigo66666
Not 10/10. Webbing and other techniques give Spidey a perfectly good chance. He doesn't need to punch him, wear him out then toss him about.

quickshot
Originally posted by masterbruce
Spiderman breaks his fists on wolverine's adamantium skull. gets tired after dodging Logan all day, and get beat down to a bloody pulp.

Wolverine 10/10

hows that 10/10 logans stupid, spidey could get logan to smash through the cell and get him DQed it is WWE style so it has WWE rules

King_Mungi
I hope your joking. Wolverine 10/10? wow.

Ichigo66666
Originally posted by King_Mungi
I hope your joking.

Who?

Howard_Jones
I'm praying to God that this is full of sarcasm.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
I'm praying to God that this is full of sarcasm.
No it's not.

NiņoAraņa
dam

NiņoAraņa
sorry for triple post!!

NiņoAraņa
Wolvie swings, and Spidey sidesteps and punches him in the arm, as hard as he could...joints break, and ligaments tear....then he repeats

Spidey gets bruised fists, Wolvie gets no more forearms

Spidey 7-8/10 woo! spider-strength no expression

marvelprince
Spider-strength for the win

Cosmic Cube
Spiderman Owns!

StarsNeverFall7
Wow this is sad..

Spider-Man breaks all of his limbs backwards after damn near punching his head off and then Logan gets DQ'd from not being able to get up from the ten count..

Spidey- 10/10

Metalmanx
Without claws, Spidey wins 10/10.

srankmissingnin
Spider-man with webbing wins 8-10/10 (it varies slightly) but with out webbing it is a different story entirely. Spider-man has neither the durability or the strength to out last Wolverine in a slug fest. At then end of the day Wolverine simple out lasts him.

golem370
Oh I think he could he fought Black Tarantula and had the durability to fight a stronger character for a while.

golem370
According to his File he has Superman durability and I believe he has a healing factor as well.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Spider-man with webbing wins 8-10/10 (it varies slightly) but with out webbing it is a different story entirely. Spider-man has neither the durability or the strength to out last Wolverine in a slug fest. At then end of the day Wolverine simple out lasts him.

You are aware that Spidey has fared in battles with Hulk and other top tier bricks and etc longer than Wolverine has, right?

He's got plenty of longevity.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by golem370
According to his File he has Superman durability and I believe he has a healing factor as well.

Spider-Man does indeed have superhuman durability and a healing factor.

golem370
Hell he had a underground ceiling with a subway car fall on top of him and didn't do much damage.

golem370
http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/himself/powers/index.html

srankmissingnin
I said that Spider-man didn't have the durability to out last Wolverine, not that he didn't have the enhanced durability at all.

Howard_Jones
But Spidey does have the durability to last him the length of a fight. If you wanna compare them in hiking or walking across the Sahara, then Wolverine is going to win.

ExtraMision5555
Spiderman can hang with wovlerine
slamming him about the ring via webbing

as for a majority? well im not sure because wolverine is the more skilled combatnant here

key word combatnant
IE h2h

srankmissingnin
If Spider-man has webbing he wins the vast majority but I'm under the impression that this is supposed to be a h2h melee fight, in which case Wolverine simply out lasts him.

golem370
The only advantage Wolverine has over Spider-Man is Skill & Experience where Spider-Man is faster stronger has Spider-Sense and better reflexes. He is also a good fighter creating his own fighting style. Lets put it this way there are 10 bouts say Wolverine wins the first three because Spider-Man is not trying at his full power and the fourth bout loses again now he is tired of losing and is not going to hold back Spider-Man would pepper him 50 times before he could react and wouldn't get back up for the next 6 bouts

Howard_Jones
If Spider-man has webbing he wins the vast majority but I'm under the impression that this is supposed to be a h2h melee fight, in which case Wolverine simply out lasts him.

It means essentially no weaponry. Hell in a Cell match

ExtraMision5555
well, no weaponry, ide have to give it to wolverine
hes definately fast enough to hit spiderman

but i think spidermans superior agility advantage would make it extremely difficult for wolverine to win
then again, wolverines h2h skill and defense im sure, will negate some of his mistakes

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
It means essentially no weaponry. Hell in a Cell match

I've never watched wrestling so I wasn't sure, all I knew was a) they were in a cage and b) you clearified that Wolverine didn't have his claws but nothing was said concerning Spider-man's webbing.

celestialdemon
Wolverine's skeleton may be adamantium, but his tendons and ligaments aren't. Spiderman's speed and strength would be enough to win this fight 9/10.

masterbruce
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Wolverine's skeleton may be adamantium, but his tendons and ligaments aren't. Spiderman's speed and strength would be enough to win this fight 9/10.

his tendons and ligaments aren't adamantium, but they are plenty tough considering the punishment Wolverine has withstood over the years. Even if by some miracle spidey was able to damage them, they would repair almost instantaneously.

Now, with everyone saying webbing, I thought this was a slugfest? Webbing ain't allowed, just punches.

Spidey goes down, hard.

masterbruce
Originally posted by golem370

WHAT????!!! He has nowhere near superman durability.

Also, his healing factor is more than a normal human's, but it wouldn't help him in a fight as it's too slow.

srankmissingnin
his tendons and ligaments aren't adamantium, but they are plenty tough considering the punishment Wolverine has withstood over the years. Even if by some miracle spidey was able to damage them, they would repair almost instantaneously.

Now, with everyone saying webbing, I thought this was a slugfest? Webbing ain't allowed, just punches.

Spidey goes down, hard.

Although the means it which it has been done has never been touched on Wolverine's skeleton is all attached somehow. Both Ba'al and the Hulk have tried to pull Wolverine's arms off to no avial. His skeleton as been depicted intact many times.

Metalmanx

A couple of nut shots and Wolverine goes down. erm

Metalmanx
WHAT????!!! He has nowhere near superman durability.

Also, his healing factor is more than a normal human's, but it wouldn't help him in a fight as it's too slow.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Go read a comic book.

If you did, you'd realize that, yes, Spider-Man does indeed have superhuman durability. How do you think he survives the blows that he takes? confused

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Metalmanx
A couple of nut shots and Wolverine goes down. erm

Nah, PIS is turned off. wink

Metalmanx
Nah, PIS is turned off. wink

Why wouldn't it work though? It's one of the most sensitive weak spots in the body? It's happened twice to Logan, and he's gone down both times.

You honestly don't believe consecutive nut shots won't put Logan down for a bit?

Keep in mind, this isn't the only path to victory, just a quick one.

masterbruce
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Go read a comic book.

If you did, you'd realize that, yes, Spider-Man does indeed have superhuman durability. How do you think he survives the blows that he takes? confused

I didn't say he doesn't have superhuman durability, I said he doesn't have SUPERMAN durability, which another poster suggested.

masterbruce
How do you think he survives the blows that he takes? confused

a large does of PIS

Metalmanx
I didn't say he doesn't have superhuman durability, I said he doesn't have SUPERMAN durability, which another poster suggested.

You know what then? My apologies. I see that he did say that.

Although, in his defense, I believe he meant "superhuman", not "superman". I mean, it's a pretty big misconception if he did indeed mean "superman". That's why it's doubtful.

Metalmanx
a large does of PIS

This coming from the person defending Wolverine's rollercoastering durability? confused

As long as Spider-Man has been around, he's taken hundreds if not thousands of powerful blows to his person, and gotten back up just about everytime to continue the fight.

masterbruce
This coming from the person defending Wolverine's rollercoastering durability? confused

As long as Spider-Man has been around, he's taken hundreds if not thousands of powerful blows to his person, and gotten back up just about everytime to continue the fight.

at least in wolverine's case, there is an explanation...ie his super healing factor.

spiderman's durability has never been explained other than as a way for him to take on stronger foes.

fsufan89
Spidermans vastly superior strenght and speed outlast Wolverines skill and experience. if spidey doesnt hold back he takes this one

Soleran
Claws are obviously the largest factor in taking down Spiderman, no claws means Wolverine would have a tough time in my opinion.

The flip side of that is still that Wolverine has a super healing factor that would make it extremely difficult for Spiderman to overcome without his webbing.

srankmissingnin
Why wouldn't it work though? It's one of the most sensitive weak spots in the body? It's happened twice to Logan, and he's gone down both times.

You honestly don't believe consecutive nut shots won't put Logan down for a bit?

Keep in mind, this isn't the only path to victory, just a quick one.

Do you know what would happen if you were anywhere near the Hulk when he punched something? The punch doesn't need to come anywhere near you and the force of it would rupture every organ in your body, your testicles would be turned into a fine paste... if that. Wolverine doesn't fall to the ground holding his crotch every time he tussles with big shots because the damage and the pain are short lived, it's like getting a needle I imagine. A nut shut isn't going to drop Wolverine and consecutive wont do any good as one shot will turn them into a fleashy goo... and more punches won't do any more damage... just keep them in a state of fleshy goo.

The most it would do put Wolverine in a berserker rage, kick his adrenaline into over drive, and he wouldn't even notice the pain until after the fight... and by that time there wont be anything to notice.

fsufan89
Do you know what would happen if you were anywhere near the Hulk when he punched something? The punch doesn't need to come anywhere near you and the force of it would rupture every organ in your body, your testicles would be turned into a fine paste... if that. Wolverine doesn't fall to the ground holding his crotch every time he tussles with big shots because the damage and the pain are short lived, it's like getting a needle I imagine. A nut shut isn't going to drop Wolverine and consecutive wont do any good as one shot will turn them into a fleashy goo... and more punches won't do any more damage... just keep them in a state of fleshy goo.

The most it would do put Wolverine in a berserker rage, kick his adrenaline into over drive, and he wouldn't even notice the pain until after the fight... and by that time there wont be anything to notice.

Beserker rage would indeed make logan a formidable opponent, but lets not forget what spidey is capable of if he is not holding back. if he truly believes he could very well die he can really go off on his opponent

ShoopDaWhoop
Spiderman would rip out Wolverines intestines and choke him with it. Wolverine can be KO`d from of lack of oxygen, right? messed

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by ShoopDaWhoop
Spiderman would rip out Wolverines intestines and choke him with it. Wolverine can be KO`d from of lack of oxygen, right? messed

When Tigershark trapped Wolverine in a coral reef, Wolverine theorised that his healing factor would postponed his death and keep him in a perpetual state of drowning... which is never fun.

Metalmanx
When Tigershark trapped Wolverine in a coral reef, Wolverine theorised that his healing factor would postponed his death and keep him in a perpetual state of drowning... which is never fun.

But he can still pass out for the KO. Spidey can damage and slow down Logan enough to rip out some organs. erm

batdude123
IMO, Spider-man DOES NOT want to engage Logan in a straight up cage fight type of match.

He'd win an encounter w/ his agility and webbing.

srankmissingnin
But he can still pass out for the KO. Spidey can damage and slow down Logan enough to rip out some organs. erm

I would think so but he seems to think that sufficated him would take a lot longer then it would for a normal person... a lot.

Keep in mind that Wolverine has regrown his heart in like three panels. Removing/damaging his organs isn't likely to put him down unless his healing factor is taxed to it's limits, by which time I think it is far more likely that Spider-man has aready been taken down.

Metalmanx
I would think so but he seems to think that sufficated him would take a lot longer then it would for a normal person... a lot.

Keep in mind that Wolverine has regrown his heart in like three panels. Removing/damaging his organs isn't likely to put him down unless his healing factor is taxed to it's limits, by which time I think it is far more likely that Spider-man has aready been taken down.

Doubtful. If Punisher, Daredevil, Captain America, Deadpool, etc., etc. can lay sufficient damage on Wolverine with melee attacks, then Spider-Man can do it even better. Consecutive melee damage plus organ removal plus nut shots = a downed Wolverine. His healing factor can only take so much at once.

masterbruce
Consecutive melee damage plus organ removal plus nut shots = a downed Wolverine. His healing factor can only take so much at once.

Wait, I thought this was a fight? or is wolverine just gonna lay there like a cadaver while Spidey plays doctor?

Badabing
Wait, I thought this was a fight? or is wolverine just gonna lay there like a cadaver while Spidey plays doctor?
No, Spidey is just that quick. shifty

masterbruce
Originally posted by Badabing
No, Spidey is just that quick. shifty

ummm, no not really.

srankmissingnin
Doubtful. If Punisher, Daredevil, Captain America, Deadpool, etc., etc. can lay sufficient damage on Wolverine with melee attacks, then Spider-Man can do it even better. Consecutive melee damage plus organ removal plus nut shots = a downed Wolverine. His healing factor can only take so much at once.

Aside from Punisher none of those manage to lay sufficient damage on Wolverine with melee attacks... even Punisher with Ennis at his helms was unable to do anything more the incapacitate him. Daredevil punched him in the throat once but that didn't ko him either, and was also the genius writing of Ennis. Cap managed to knock out Wolverine with a cheap shot after the entire X-Men roster put him through the meat grinder, which doesn't have much to do with Cap at all. Cap's "good" showing in Origins (where Wolverine was still his superior) is a result of Wolverine's healing factor being in a slump and Wolverine still ended the fight in good condition where as Cap couldn't exert himself or a blood clot would move into his brain and kill him. Deadpool has never over loaded Wolverine's healing factor with melee attacks, he beat a healing factor-less Wolverine once and another time down him with uber-tranqs.

Consecutive melee damage plus organ removal plus nut shots won't equal a downed Wolverine... it won't even come close to equaling the damage recieved from one punch from the Hulk... one glancing punch.

Soljer
With Webbing? Spiderman damn near every time.

But in a straight up slug-fest? Claws or not?

Well, with Claws it would go to Wolverine for a GOOD majority.

Without them? It would be a REALLY long fight. Spiderman has enhanced durability such that he's taken hits from the Scorpion without a problem. Hell, didn't Scorpion break his hand on Spiderman? erm.

So, I don't know how much Wolverine's punches are going to be damaging Spiderman.

But, then, it's not like Spiderman's punches are really going to hurt Wolverine, either.

I'm gonna go with the skill advantage and say that Wolverine wins a majority. erm

ExtraMision5555
I think spidermans punches would defiantely hurt wolverine, its just, his healing factor is going to cause a problem and wolverine can take his share of punishment. So due to the nature of this fight i think wolverine is

man

i said this like 3 times
maybe i shuold start scrambling my setnences up

Metalmanx

Compared to Spider-Man, Wolverine might as well be standing still. no expression

redhotrash
The Spider-man vs Wolverine debate is nuts. I honestly cant imagine how people consistantly back Wolverine. Spidey has nearly every advantage. Hes ridiculously stronger. The dude can press 10 tons or more. Also the guy dodges bullets on a daily basis too. Can Wolverine punch faster than a speeding bullet? Doubtful. Anyone claiming that his healing factor and skeleton would keep him up might as well say that no one can ever beat Wolverine. I wont even mention their brief scuffle in the Secret Wars where Wolverine comments "Its a good thing he was just trying to get away and not really clobber us". Anyhow, Im giving this one to Spider-man. 9 out of 10 times.
Also anyone saying that Spidey doesnt have the durability to keep up with Wolverine really needs to read a Spider-man comic. The dude has taken BRUTAL beatings from everyone from Venom to Ironman and has managed to stay in the fight. I think its safe to say that Venom packs a bit more of a punch than Wolverine.

srankmissingnin
Compared to Spider-Man, Wolverine might as well be standing still. no expression

Yeah, Wolverine certainly isn't a Fance Dan when it comes to speed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Difference between Spider-man's speed and Wolverine's is about the same as the difference between peanut M&Ms and peanut Smarties.

Soleran
Yeah, Wolverine certainly isn't a Fance Dan when it comes to speed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Difference between Spider-man's speed and Wolverine's is about the same as the difference between peanut M&Ms and peanut Smarties.

I think, no.

It's not Wolverine's speed that will get the wins here anyway.

SuperHNIC
Originally posted by redhotrash
The Spider-man vs Wolverine debate is nuts. I honestly cant imagine how people consistantly back Wolverine. Spidey has nearly every advantage. Hes ridiculously stronger. The dude can press 10 tons or more. Also the guy dodges bullets on a daily basis too. Can Wolverine punch faster than a speeding bullet? Doubtful. Anyone claiming that his healing factor and skeleton would keep him up might as well say that no one can ever beat Wolverine. I wont even mention their brief scuffle in the Secret Wars where Wolverine comments "Its a good thing he was just trying to get away and not really clobber us". Anyhow, Im giving this one to Spider-man. 9 out of 10 times.
Also anyone saying that Spidey doesnt have the durability to keep up with Wolverine really needs to read a Spider-man comic. The dude has taken BRUTAL beatings from everyone from Venom to Ironman and has managed to stay in the fight. I think its safe to say that Venom packs a bit more of a punch than Wolverine.

It would depend on if you were talking about "point A to point b" speed or punching and kicking speed? Since this isn't a foot race or pro agility drill, which one matters the most?

To me, SpiderMan has a tremendous(ridiculous) amount of strength, all he would have to do is: spar, going toe to toe, with Wolverine. Using his Spidey Sense, he would dodge or cover all the hard hits and then shoot or go for a hold...

Can SpiderMan "stick" to skin/flesh? I don't remember seeing if he ever did.

...Once SpiderMan has both hands on Wolverine, the fight should be over. SPIDERMAN IS REALLY REALLY STRONG. Considering Spidey is/was an avid wrestling fan, I'm sure he could put Wolverine in some sort of submission or just ground'n'pound him til a K.O.

If holds or submissions weren't allowed, Spidey could literally stick and move all day.

Metalmanx

...Peanut Smarties? confused

So we're going to Spidey's low showings now? In nearly every showing of Spider-Man, he's depicted as being FAAAAR faster than even peak humans. I mean, hell. He manages to dodge all FOUR of Doc Ock's tentacles, Lizard's attacks, Venom's attacks, Carnage, Morlun (not all the time, mind you), etc., etc. All people who are faster than Spidey.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by SuperHNIC
It would depend on if you were talking about "point A to point b" speed or punching and kicking speed? Since this isn't a foot race or pro agility drill, which one matters the most?

To me, SpiderMan has a tremendous(ridiculous) amount of strength, all he would have to do is: spar, going toe to toe, with Wolverine. Using his Spidey Sense, he would dodge or cover all the hard hits and then shoot or go for a hold...

Can SpiderMan "stick" to skin/flesh? I don't remember seeing if he ever did.

...Once SpiderMan has both hands on Wolverine, the fight should be over. SPIDERMAN IS REALLY REALLY STRONG. Considering Spidey is/was an avid wrestling fan, I'm sure he could put Wolverine in some sort of submission or just ground'n'pound him til a K.O.

If holds or submissions weren't allowed, Spidey could literally stick and move all day.

Good post. thumb up I definitely agree with the submission holds. Being LEAGUES stronger than Wolverine, if he grabs a hold of him, that pretty much seals it.

And yes, Spidey can "stick" to skin/flesh. He can pretty much stick any part of his body to most surfaces. He can even hang from his forehead or kneecaps if he wanted to.

Soljer
Good post. thumb up I definitely agree with the submission holds. Being LEAGUES stronger than Wolverine, if he grabs a hold of him, that pretty much seals it.

And yes, Spidey can "stick" to skin/flesh. He can pretty much stick any part of his body to most surfaces. He can even hang from his forehead or kneecaps if he wanted to.

When has Spidey ever stuck to flesh before? I thought that was one of the principle differences between him and the alternate Spidey, 'Kaine,' who actually ripped the flesh from people with his wall-crawling abilities.

Also, you under-estimated Wolverine's speed a post back. He's quite a bit faster than peak human, and many of their feats are comparable. erm.

Is Wolverine as fast as Spiderman? No.

Is Wolverine standing still compared to Spiderman? Hell no.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Soljer
When has Spidey ever stuck to flesh before? I thought that was one of the principle differences between him and the alternate Spidey, 'Kaine,' who actually ripped the flesh from people with his wall-crawling abilities.

Also, you under-estimated Wolverine's speed a post back. He's quite a bit faster than peak human, and many of their feats are comparable. erm.

Is Wolverine as fast as Spiderman? No.

Is Wolverine standing still compared to Spiderman? Hell no.

"Standing still" was an exaggeration. Regardless, both on their good days, Spider-Man is much faster than Wolverine. Quite a bit faster than peak human? Dunno. Cap is peak human, and can run at 60 mph (I know this isn't "quickness" exactly, but it still works). I've never seen (save for that one scan capt it up feels he much show me all the time) Wolverine move that fast before, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt there.

During "The Other" arc, Spidey stuck trapped person onto his back so he could use his hands. He just put him there and his sticking ability did the rest. I see no reason as to why it wouldn't work skin-to-skin.

NiņoAraņa
wait, this thread isn't done yet?
Spidey again 8/10

reasons: 1) Stick and Move, and punch hard, at ligaments
2) grabs and submission holds, using strength advantage
3) since this is WWE style? just grab him, stick him with wallcrawling abilities and stick himself over Wolvie, on the ground (as wierd and maybe homo as that sounds)

masterbruce

masterbruce
btw, what happened to the Spiderman versus Wolverine thread with 15,000 posts? can't seem to find it on search

Sparkz
btw, what happened to the Spiderman versus Wolverine thread with 15,000 posts? can't seem to find it on search

Its probaly on about the 5th page now, its easy to find just keep looking at past pages and look at the post count, you'll know when you get to that thread lol.

Also I always considerd Wolverine a challenge for Spidey due to his claws, without them there is little risk of Spider-man being put down easily, and in the end Spidey could take some damage wait for an opening then just grab Wolverine wrsetle him to the ground then just hold him down, Wolverine won't be able to over power Spidey without the aid of his claws.

fsufan89
There is just too many factors working in spideys favor here. Especially without his claws i just cant see how logan would win. He might hang around for awhile due to healin factor but that could only take so much.

NiņoAraņa
LOL wth is that gonna do? Wolverine will prob fight dirty and bite Spidey to get off. well, nothing get's spidey off a surface if he doesn't wanna get off, so he could stand the paint for a three count, and the win, if he has to.

Soljer
"Standing still" was an exaggeration. Regardless, both on their good days, Spider-Man is much faster than Wolverine. Quite a bit faster than peak human? Dunno. Cap is peak human, and can run at 60 mph (I know this isn't "quickness" exactly, but it still works). I've never seen (save for that one scan capt it up feels he much show me all the time) Wolverine move that fast before, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt there.

During "The Other" arc, Spidey stuck trapped person onto his back so he could use his hands. He just put him there and his sticking ability did the rest. I see no reason as to why it wouldn't work skin-to-skin.

Logan has plenty of feats where he does the like of swatting away bullets with his claws, or moving so fast that people can't track him, even disarming an entire team of trained soldiers who have their guns trained on him before they can get a shot off. erm.

Spiderman's speed is a bit overhyped on these forums. As far as feats vs. feats go, he REALLY doesn't seem that many leagues faster than Captain America or Daredevil. Much less Wolverine.

Don't get me wrong, I still agree that Spiderman's faster. It just isn't the gap that some make it out to be.

srankmissingnin
Logan has plenty of feats where he does the like of swatting away bullets with his claws, or moving so fast that people can't track him, even disarming an entire team of trained soldiers who have their guns trained on him before they can get a shot off. erm.

Spiderman's speed is a bit overhyped on these forums. As far as feats vs. feats go, he REALLY doesn't seem that many leagues faster than Captain America or Daredevil. Much less Wolverine.

Don't get me wrong, I still agree that Spiderman's faster. It just isn't the gap that some make it out to be.

I've been saying this for three years - maybe more - Spider-man fans just don't like to her it. sad

ExtraMision5555

i agree, spidermans speed is rediculously overhyped on these fourms (sometiems) and it makes it seem like he is un-hittable. Dont get me wrong, spiderman is the most agile person in the MU, i agree, but hes not incorporeal. And wolverine is quick as well, wether you (not you) like him or not, he has compareable feats. Swatting bullets definately puts you in the leauge of tagging spiderman. And wolverine is a MUCH better fighter. Spiderman has his own style crafetd from his spider sense and agility, sure, but wolverine is just plain better. And since he doesnt have his claws, that rare martial side of him is more likely to come out.

So with that in mind, i can see wolverine winning a majority, slight or not, still a majority.

Soljer
I've been saying this for three years - maybe more - Spider-man fans just don't like to her it. sad

I honestly don't think it's the Spiderman fans so much as the backlash-resenters Wolverine has won.

ExtraMision5555
yep, wolverines beastly nature has been lost in his crappy writeing.
But benieth all the BS, At his core, hes very lethal

jinzin
Doubtful. If Punisher, Daredevil, Captain America, Deadpool, etc., etc. can lay sufficient damage on Wolverine with melee attacks, then Spider-Man can do it even better. Consecutive melee damage plus organ removal plus nut shots = a downed Wolverine. His healing factor can only take so much at once. in turn, if punisher, cap and dd can lay sufficient damage on spiderman than wolverine can do better, no?

as far as nutshots go, it may work, bt considering that logan's already scored a nutshot on spidey and put him out of a fight, NUTSHOTS ALL AROUND! logan will get up, spidey won't.

jinzin
When Tigershark trapped Wolverine in a coral reef, Wolverine theorised that his healing factor would postponed his death and keep him in a perpetual state of drowning... which is never fun. in an x-men classics issue, wolverine had his throat ripped out by sabretooth and was then tossed into a river, he stayed submerged for over an hour.

Soljer
Originally posted by jinzin
in turn, if punisher, cap and dd can lay sufficient damage on spiderman than wolverine can do better, no?

as far as nutshots go, it may work, bt considering that logan's already scored a nutshot on spidey and put him out of a fight, NUTSHOTS ALL AROUND! logan will get up, spidey won't.

Nutshots all around?

laughing

Sounds like you go to a bar "Nutshots for everyone! On the house!"

Incredible, consecutive swearing and screaming is heard following.

jinzin
Nutshots all around?

laughing

Sounds like you go to a bar "Nutshots for everyone! On the house!"

Incredible, consecutive swearing and screaming is heard following. hehe we only do that after drinking a galss o' burbon, a shot o' burbon, and a burbon chaser....

and yes, wolverine will hit spiderman, and when he does it will hurt spiderman... period.

Soljer
hehe we only do that after drinking a galss o' burbon, a shot o' burbon, and a burbon chaser....

and yes, wolverine will hit spiderman, and when he does it will hurt spiderman... period.

Was the second part directed at me? I certainly hope not. I was one of Wolverine's defenders in the thread....

jinzin
no, not at all, I was just reflecting on a few posts i read a minute ago.. sorry about that.

Soljer
no, not at all, I was just reflecting on a few posts i read a minute ago.. sorry about that.

Oh. No worries.

marvelprince
in turn, if punisher, cap and dd can lay sufficient damage on spiderman than wolverine can do better, no?

The point of was not to say that Logan couldn't hurt Peter. I don't think anyone is arguing that. The point was that if other street levelers can overload Logan's healing factor than Spider-Man could also do it

Soljer
Originally posted by marvelprince
The point of was not to say that Logan couldn't hurt Peter. I don't think anyone is arguing that. The point was that if other street levelers can overload Logan's healing factor than Spider-Man could also do it

Wait, when has ANY street leveller overloaded Logan's healing factor?

jinzin
sorry, this post gives the illusion that wolverine won't really do much to spidey sans the claws.... i beg to differ... Originally posted by Sparkz
Its probaly on about the 5th page now, its easy to find just keep looking at past pages and look at the post count, you'll know when you get to that thread lol.

Also I always considerd Wolverine a challenge for Spidey due to his claws, without them there is little risk of Spider-man being put down easily, and in the end Spidey could take some damage wait for an opening then just grab Wolverine wrsetle him to the ground then just hold him down, Wolverine won't be able to over power Spidey without the aid of his claws.

jinzin
Wait, when has ANY street leveller overloaded Logan's healing factor? without weapons, prep, or an army? i'm not sure..

tkitna
This thread is nuts. I'm reading that Spiderman is going to bruise and break his hands, but when I mentioned the same thing some time ago that spiderman would break his hands punching characters like the Hulk, Thing, etc,,,I was called crazy.

Anyways, what is Wolverine going to do if and when Spiderman gets ahold of him and chokes the air out of him? Let me answer that,,,,nothing. Spiderman is so much stronger than Wolverine there would be no hope of him breaking a submission hold. Yeah, it would take a long time to put him out, but it would happen eventually. To be honest, with the strength difference, Spiderman should be able to reach under Wolverines ribs and rip his lungs out. He then should just keep his hands there and continue to do damage.

Wolverine loses, but if the argument continues that he has a healing factor and that Spiderman could never keep him down,,,,,why have Wolverine threads? Its stupid how they have this character so jacked up. And people wonder why others feel bitterness towards Wolverine.

Soljer
without weapons, prep, or an army? i'm not sure..

Even with weapons (barring things like high-tech shield creations or Thanos' Thor-buster gun), I can't recall when a street leveller put Wolverine down for the count.

Soljer
Originally posted by tkitna
This thread is nuts. I'm reading that Spiderman is going to bruise and break his hands, but when I mentioned the same thing some time ago that spiderman would break his hands punching characters like the Hulk, Thing, etc,,,I was called crazy.

Anyways, what is Wolverine going to do if and when Spiderman gets ahold of him and chokes the air out of him? Let me answer that,,,,nothing. Spiderman is so much stronger than Wolverine there would be no hope of him breaking a submission hold. Yeah, it would take a long time to put him out, but it would happen eventually. To be honest, with the strength difference, Spiderman should be able to reach under Wolverines ribs and rip his lungs out. He then should just keep his hands there and continue to do damage.

Wolverine loses, but if the argument continues that he has a healing factor and that Spiderman could never keep him down,,,,,why have Wolverine threads? Its stupid how they have this character so jacked up. And people wonder why others feel bitterness towards Wolverine.

Spiderman wouldn't break his hands or anything, but I don't think Wolverine is just going to let Spidey get a hold of him or put him in any kind of submission. After all, Wolverine has quite the experience and skill advantage over Spiderman. Any good jiu jitsu practitioner will tell you that strength, more often than not, means shit-all when compared to proper technique and experience.

I could see Logan catching Spiderman in a surprise armbar or omo plata a lot more realistically than vice versa.

jinzin
This thread is nuts. I'm reading that Spiderman is going to bruise and break his hands, but when I mentioned the same thing some time ago that spiderman would break his hands punching characters like the Hulk, Thing, etc,,,I was called crazy. for one, wolverine's admantium skeleton is more durable than hulk, or thing....

two, a character with more durability than spiderman (sabretooth) broke his hand on wolverine already, warpath hurt himself hitting wolverine as well, it's no stretch to say that spiderman would break his hand, especially considering his lack of formal training.

Anyways, what is Wolverine going to do if and when Spiderman gets ahold of him and chokes the air out of him? Let me answer that,,,,nothing.

that's some wishful thinking;
how about nerve shots, a kick to the balls, a simple punch to the face..

Spiderman is so much stronger than Wolverine there would be no hope of him breaking a submission hold.
think about this fora moment, who's the street fighter and who's the trained fighter... does spiderman even know any good sumbission holds? pfft..

Yeah, it would take a long time to put him out, but it would happen eventually.
not if it's spiderman throwing the punches, you seem to neglect the fact that spidey's already hit a calm wolverine with everything he had and it did nothing but knock the man down...

To be honest, with the strength difference, Spiderman should be able to reach under Wolverines ribs and rip his lungs out. He then should just keep his hands there and continue to do damage.

for one, CIS,
for two, to get that close risks him getting hit in a sweet spot like logan didto cap in origins... and without the super soldier syrum to help him sustain, that wouldn't do well for spidey..

Wolverine loses, again, wishful thinking....

tkitna
for one, wolverine's admantium skeleton is more durable than hulk, or thing....

Well to be honest when we're making a comparison using Spidermans bone structure as the catalyst here, is this fraction of durablity going to make a difference? I wouldnt think the hide of a character that can resist nuclear bombs should be in question.

I agree that Spiderman would and should break his hand. It was a point I was trying to make in an earlier debate a while ago, but i'll drop it from here on out.

With what or how? Remember, Wolverine is being held in a submission hold by a character that is at least 10 times stronger than he is. I dont think Wolverine is going to be able to do any of that when his limbs are being held.

I'm sure a character that is faster and stronger would be able to hold a lesser character in some sort of hold. Have you ever a wrestled a friend that could kick your butt, but you've got him into a hold he couldnt get out of? I have.

I was talking about a submission hold. Who said anything about throwing punches?

So Spidey isnt more durable, stronger, and faster than Cap? We wont even bring the spider-sense into it. As for CIS, I was just listing a way that Spidey could win. Isnt that the point of this?

Its only wishful thinking that somebody could actually admit that Wolverine could lose a fight around here sometime.

marvelprince
Wait, when has ANY street leveller overloaded Logan's healing factor?

Wait. You seriously can't think of a time where Wolverine has been beaten by a street leveler?

Spiderman wouldn't break his hands or anything, but I don't think Wolverine is just going to let Spidey get a hold of him or put him in any kind of submission. After all, Wolverine has quite the experience and skill advantage over Spiderman. Any good jiu jitsu practitioner will tell you that strength, more often than not, means shit-all when compared to proper technique and experience.

I could see Logan catching Spiderman in a surprise armbar or omo plata a lot more realistically than vice versa.

No matter how skilled you are a six year old aint beating a grown man in wrestling

Soljer
Wait. You seriously can't think of a time where Wolverine has been beaten by a street leveler?

No matter how skilled you are a six year old aint beating a grown man in wrestling

A six year old hasn't trained for decades to hone his skill.

If the six year old had the skill of Sakuraba, Gracie, or etc, then he'd absolutely beat an untrained grown man.

No doubt.

Also, I didn't ask "When has Wolverine been 'taken out' by a street leveller, but when has his healing factor been put into over drive? Name a time.

It took magneto ripping out Logan's adamantium to tax his healing factor. When has a street leveller ever done an equivalent amount of damage?

marvelprince
A six year old hasn't trained for decades to hone his skill.

If the six year old had the skill of Sakuraba, Gracie, or etc, then he'd absolutely beat an untrained grown man.

No doubt.

Also, I didn't ask "When has Wolverine been 'taken out' by a street leveller, but when has his healing factor been put into over drive? Name a time.

It took magneto ripping out Logan's adamantium to tax his healing factor. When has a street leveller ever done an equivalent amount of damage?

What I said wasn't meant to be taken literally (I apologize if I wasnt clear). I meant he's been taken out by street levelers.

And you miss the point of the comparison. You can have someone who's trained for decades but against someone who's leagues above them in the strength and speed department it won't do much good

Soljer
What I said wasn't meant to be taken literally (I apologize if I wasnt clear). I meant he's been taken out by street levelers.

And you miss the point of the comparison. You can have someone who's trained for decades but against someone who's leagues above them in the strength and speed department it won't do much good

True, as far as speed goes. But strength means little to the types of fighters in comics.

And, as has been discussed, Spiderman's speed is over-rated on these forums. He's absolutely faster than Wolverine...

But it's not like comparing a grown man to a six year old.

It's more like comparing the winning olympic runner against the losing olympic runner. They're in the same race, one just finishes it first.

jinzin
Well to be honest when we're making a comparison using Spidermans bone structure as the catalyst here, is this fraction of durablity going to make a difference? I wouldnt think the hide of a character that can resist nuclear bombs should be in question. and a skeleton that does much the same?

I agree that Spiderman would and should break his hand. It was a point I was trying to make in an earlier debate a while ago, but i'll drop it from here on out. k

With what or how? Remember, Wolverine is being held in a submission hold by a character that is at least 10 times stronger than he is. I dont think Wolverine is going to be able to do any of that when his limbs are being held. unless it's an all purpose submission hold, he can use his free limbs.. his head if need be, I mean hell he's staggered hulk with a head but, he should do some damage to spidey.
spiderman's a lot stronger than wolverine but he'd have to be a LOT more skilled than he is to pull off what you're asking him to do here.

I'm sure a character that is faster and stronger would be able to hold a lesser character in some sort of hold.

if he knew what he was doing... perhaps... but he's nowhere near as skilled as he needs to be to immobilize wolvie with a hold, and nowhere near fast enough to do it without getting tagged like crazy.

Have you ever a wrestled a friend that could kick your butt, but you've got him into a hold he couldnt get out of? I have. wrestling isn't the same as fighting, yes there are holds that one can use to put others to immobilize them when rules are in place to keep from biting, eye gouging, etc etc.. but that's not the same as what's we're discussing.

I was talking about a submission hold. Who said anything about throwing punches?
unless spiderman plans on choking wolverine or an hour or longer without getting hurt then again, it ain't happening...

So Spidey isnt more durable, stronger, and faster than Cap? We wont even bring the spider-sense into it. As for CIS, I was just listing a way that Spidey could win. Isnt that the point of this? I'm not calling spidey's speed or durability into question.. the fact is, if he tries to get that close to wolverine neither of those factors will matter.. and to be honest, I really haven't seen MUCH that makes spiderman's durability THAT much higher than caps, or his speed for that matter... his strength is his trump card, but against logan, it's damn near useless.

Its only wishful thinking that somebody could actually admit that Wolverine could lose a fight around here sometime. I have no problem admitting that wolverine will lose a fight against somebody, I just need to see the evidence first.. I used to think spidey would win in a fight between the two, but then I saw occassion after occassion where he didn't... it made me change my mind.

batdude123
I'm weighing this fight as if Spider-man would not be given his webbing. If Wolverine doesn't get his claws for this fight, it's only fair that Pete's webbing gets taken away as well.

The way I look at it, this would probably be a really good fight. There are many different factors to put into this equation. On one hand, you've got an extremely agile warrior whose reflexes are next to nobody's. He's very quick, and very strong. And on the other hand, you've got an extremely brutal killing machine that when motivated, can beat almost anybody (street level and a little bit over, that is) in a straight up brawling type of a fight. His rage, healing factor, and stamina plays an extremely intricate part in my decision for weighing out this fight.

In a contained area, much like the cage these two would be fighting in, Spider-man's agility and quickness would be very limited in how he would be able to use them to his advantage. He would have to engage Logan in a way that is STRICTLY out of his element when compared to somebody of Wolverine's talents.... he'd have to fight Logan in a brutal h2h encounter. Now, Spider-man's reflexes would certainly keep him in the fight for a relatively long time, but it would only delay the inevitable. Peter is outclassed in fighting skills, stamina, tenacity, durability... and let's not forget about Wolverine's ever-so-popular healing factor. Nothing Spider-man could hit him with would put Logan down for the count, no matter how you look at it. Wolverine's healing factor is that damn uber. He'd be rolling with the punches like nobody's business, and all the while Parker would get more and more worn out for the duration of the match. Logan would stay as fresh as a daisy with his healing factor taking care of the fatigue poisons that would otherwise be wearing him down as well. Spider-man's enhanced durability would prove to be valuable for him, but Wolverine can easily find ways around that. Logan would use swift but effective strikes in key areas that would immoblize Spider-man. A few pressure point strikes later, and it'd be over for old Peter boy. It would be a tough battle for both contenders, but IMO Wolverine would come out on top about 6-7/10.

Of course, my decision would be completely different if they were to be fighting in a wide open area for Spider-man to be able to use his agility, speed, and webbing to keep Logan off of his toes. I just feel like this type of situation is not how Spider-man would want to fight Logan. He'd be restricted, and would be inexorably defeated. This is Logan's type of fight.

Soljer
Very good post, Batdude. Very well said.

batdude123
Very good post, Batdude. Very well said.

big grin

marvelprince
Originally posted by batdude123
I'm weighing this fight as if Spider-man would not be given his webbing. If Wolverine doesn't get his claws for this fight, it's only fair that Pete's webbing gets taken away as well.

The way I look at it, this would probably be a really good fight. There are many different factors to put into this equation. On one hand, you've got an extremely agile warrior whose reflexes are next to nobody's. He's very quick, and very strong. And on the other hand, you've got an extremely brutal killing machine that when motivated, can beat almost anybody (street level and a little bit over, that is) in a straight up brawling type of a fight. His rage, healing factor, and stamina plays an extremely intricate part in my decision for weighing out this fight.

In a contained area, much like the cage these two would be fighting in, Spider-man's agility and quickness would be very limited in how he would be able to use them to his advantage. He would have to engage Logan in a way that is STRICTLY out of his element when compared to somebody of Wolverine's talents.... he'd have to fight Logan in a brutal h2h encounter. Now, Spider-man's reflexes would certainly keep him in the fight for a relatively long time, but it would only delay the inevitable. Peter is outclassed in fighting skills, stamina, tenacity, durability... and let's not forget about Wolverine's ever-so-popular healing factor. Nothing Spider-man could hit him with would put Logan down for the count, no matter how you look at it. Wolverine's healing factor is that damn uber. He'd be rolling with the punches like nobody's business, and all the while Parker would get more and more worn out for the duration of the match. Logan would stay as fresh as a daisy with his healing factor taking care of the fatigue poisons that would otherwise be wearing him down as well. Spider-man's enhanced durability would prove to be valuable for him, but Wolverine can easily find ways around that. Logan would use swift but effective strikes in key areas that would immoblize Spider-man. A few pressure point strikes later, and it'd be over for old Peter boy. It would be a tough battle for both contenders, but IMO Wolverine would come out on top about 6-7/10.

Of course, my decision would be completely different if they were to be fighting in a wide open area for Spider-man to be able to use his agility, speed, and webbing to keep Logan off of his toes. I just feel like this type of situation is not how Spider-man would want to fight Logan. He'd be restricted, and would be inexorably defeated. This is Logan's type of fight.

Wow. Nice dude

batdude123
Wow. Nice dude

thumb up

batdude123
bump

jinzin
good job batdude.

batdude123
good job batdude.

I feel special... smart

Soljer
bump

You're just bumping for the ego boost....

batdude123
You're just bumping for the ego boost....

http://www.starting-a-home-business.org/images/Duh-Idiot.jpg

stick out tongue

redhotrash
I personally still disagree. Now dont get me wrong, Im not a Wolverine basher by any means, I just dont see them being on the same level. Spiderman takes blows from Venom, who is I believe a 30 tonner. What could Wolverine realistically put out there to take him out? Granted Spider-man cant sling from building to building, but he can dodge and weave better than most. I mean if Doc Ock cant hit him with 8 arms, how many times will Wolverine connect with 2 stubby little ones? And yeah I agree Wolverine's fighting ability is top notch, but he has been knocked out by people who dont lift in the 10 ton range as Spidey can. Ultimately its a pro-style match anyway, and Im sure whoever was writing this fight would include Peter's ability to cling to things in his pinfall win.

Metalmanx

I must disagree with this. In terms of strength, if they're somewhat equal, then yes, strength means nothing.

However, if a Superman-strength character put Wolverine in a submission hold, Wolverine is not getting out of it. erm

In this case, Spider-Man might as well be Superman when compared to Wolverine.

batdude123
Originally posted by redhotrash
I personally still disagree. Now dont get me wrong, Im not a Wolverine basher by any means, I just dont see them being on the same level. Spiderman takes blows from Venom, who is I believe a 30 tonner. What could Wolverine realistically put out there to take him out? Granted Spider-man cant sling from building to building, but he can dodge and weave better than most. I mean if Doc Ock cant hit him with 8 arms, how many times will Wolverine connect with 2 stubby little ones? And yeah I agree Wolverine's fighting ability is top notch, but he has been knocked out by people who dont lift in the 10 ton range as Spidey can. Ultimately its a pro-style match anyway, and Im sure whoever was writing this fight would include Peter's ability to cling to things in his pinfall win.

No no no no no....

Wolverine has taken shots from MANY class 80-100 brawlers and kept on going... that's what he does.

Metalmanx
True, as far as speed goes. But strength means little to the types of fighters in comics.

And, as has been discussed, Spiderman's speed is over-rated on these forums. He's absolutely faster than Wolverine...

But it's not like comparing a grown man to a six year old.

It's more like comparing the winning olympic runner against the losing olympic runner. They're in the same race, one just finishes it first.

...Eh... erm

Grimm22
Hmm erm

Spidey has the obvious advantage in stats here

However Logan is has the HUGE advantage in h2h skills and experience

Soljer
No no no no no....

Wolverine has taken shots from MANY class 80-100 brawlers and kept on going... that's what he does.

Cosigned.

Also, getting out of a submission hold is about technique, regardless of strength. Also, there are only so many types of submission holds. Spiderman isn't breaking any bones. Any muscular damage he deals will heal. If he wants to choke Wolverine, he'll have to do it for several hours, at least.

So what's he gonna try? Besides, being that close to Wolverine will give Logan a chance to put a well placed blood clot in Spiderman's leg, akin to Captain America.

I doubt Spiderman will deak with a stroke or a heart attack as well as Logan could deal with a two hour long choke. erm.

Soljer
...Eh... erm

Seriously, MetalMan. You know I'm no fanboy, and I will DEFINITELY conceed that Spiderman is faster, but look at the panels on the page. Wolverine has Spiderman level feats. erm.

Grimm22
Brings you back to the whole Cap vs US agent debate erm

US agent isn't as fast or as strong as Spidey, but its still the same thing, skills vs stats

Soljer
Originally posted by Grimm22
Brings you back to the whole Cap vs US agent debate erm

US agent isn't as fast or as strong as Spidey, but its still the same thing, skills vs stats

Yes. Except one of Spiderman's largest advantages is more or less nullified by Wolverine's largest advantage - Spider-strength and a healing factor, respectively.

In a fight where Spiderman can use mobility to his most advantage and webbing? He'd absolutely take a majority. In a close-up fight, though? Claws or not?

Tailor-made for Logan.

Metalmanx
Seriously, MetalMan. You know I'm no fanboy, and I will DEFINITELY conceed that Spiderman is faster, but look at the panels on the page. Wolverine has Spiderman level feats. erm.

Oh, no worries there, Soljer. I know that you're by no means a fanboy. In fact, I'm kind of enjoying this, since this is one of the very few times we've disagreed over a match. smile

And yes, I've seen the panels on the pages, too. And I've just seen Spider-Man always move considerably faster than Wolverine. And I've seen a lot from each one.

Soljer
Oh, no worries there, Soljer. I know that you're by no means a fanboy. In fact, I'm kind of enjoying this, since this is one of the very few times we've disagreed over a match. smile

And yes, I've seen the panels on the pages, too. And I've just seen Spider-Man always move considerably faster than Wolverine. And I've seen a lot from each one.

Then, by all means, prove me wrong. I'd be more than happy to be incorrect here. I just haven't seen many feats from Spiderman that puts him LEAGUES over the Street-levellers like Captain America. Much less Wolverine, who's speed is enhanced a bit beyond peak human.

Metalmanx
Yes. Except one of Spiderman's largest advantages is more or less nullified by Wolverine's largest advantage - Spider-strength and a healing factor, respectively.

In a fight where Spiderman can use mobility to his most advantage and webbing? He'd absolutely take a majority. In a close-up fight, though? Claws or not?

Tailor-made for Logan.

Well, there's also the superior reflexes, agility, speed, and, of course, the spider-sense.

We seem to keep forgetting the spider-sense, that will allow Peter to know when and where Logan will strike, giving him ample time to dodge and counter any attack Logan throws.

Even close-up, this is still easily Spidey's match.

Soljer
Well, there's also the superior reflexes, agility, speed, and, of course, the spider-sense.

We seem to keep forgetting the spider-sense, that will allow Peter to know when and where Logan will strike, giving him ample time to dodge and counter any attack Logan throws.

Even close-up, this is still easily Spidey's match.

Superior reflexes and speed I'm still calling into doubt, though, friend. I mean, superior? Yes. But VASTLY? Not really. Enough to make or break the fight? Probably not.

The Spider sense will be a GREAT boon to Spiderman, but it isn't one hundred percent infallible.

Not to mention the fact that it will make Spiderman last a LOT longer, but it will still eventually come down to the fact that Peter can't REALLY hurt Wolverine, while Wolverine CAN deal out nerve strikes, assuming he can EVENTUALLY get some hits in.

StarsNeverFall7
What would be stopping Spider-Man from delivering the same type of nerve blows? An adamantium skeleton doesn't mean peters hits arn't going to be doing damage. Not to mention its not like they are in a 6ft x 6ft room, the cages are far from small, plenty of room to move around in.

Wolverine is good I just can't see him beating Spider-Man with or without claws... thats just me though.

Soljer
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
What would be stopping Spider-Man from delivering the same type of nerve blows?

Skills and experience? I, personally, have never seen Spiderman use a nerve strike.

Metalmanx
Something I find interesting:

I'm a big Cap fan, Kam, but Deathstroke's on another level in ever category save skills. Cap's got him outskilled like crazy, but he's weaker, slower, etc.

While I usually deplore using other post from different threads to prove a point, I couldn't pass this one up.

In this case, Spider-Man is Deathstroke and Wolverine is Cap. Spider-Man has every single fighting advantage on Wolverine save for fighting skills and healing factor.

And then of course, the spider-sense...

juggernaut74
Spiderman does not have the power to put down Wolverine. He's taken punches from Thing, Namor, Colossus, Hulk and so on and so on. And those guys hit harder than Spidey does.

Jyppe
Spiderman bends the bars and puts Wolverine's head there and then bends it back. big grin

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Jyppe
Spiderman bends the bars and puts Wolverine's head there and then bends it back. big grin I thought this was a slugfest?

Soljer
Something I find interesting:

While I usually deplore using other post from different threads to prove a point, I couldn't pass this one up.

In this case, Spider-Man is Deathstroke and Wolverine is Cap. Spider-Man has every single fighting advantage on Wolverine save for fighting skills and healing factor.

And then of course, the spider-sense...

1) It is common knowledge that I, many times, will not honestly believe what I post, but will simply argue it for the intellectual exercise. Perhaps I honestly believe Spiderman would win, and just want to argue for Wolverine for fun, perhaps I believe Cap could give Deathstroke a run, but just felt like arguing for Deathstroke.

2) Spidey can't be Deathstroke, and Wolverine can't be Captain America.

You see, faster and stronger opponents are nothing to Captain America. But one that is MUCH faster, and MUCH stronger, and has an insane healing factor? I think that, perhaps, may be a bit much. Spiderman has no healing factor (I'm aware that he heals at an accelerated rate - but it doesn't deserve to be called a true healing factor in the Deadpool/Wolverine sense of the power).

Also, as I've said many times, Spiderman's speed is NOT out of Wolverine's league the way Deathstroke's is out of Cap's. Spiderman is Wolverine's superior in speed, yes, but they are peers. The gap isn't large enough to play a SERIOUS factor in the outcome of the fight. Especially in such enclosed surrounds.

Also, as has been noted time and time again, Spiderman's strength will not phase Wolverine the way Deathstroke's could damge Captain America. Spiderman can pound on Wolverine's face, and in a second or two, Wolverine can spit in Parker's. If Deathstroke did the same to Cap, Cap would need a surgeon. And fast.

So, all in all, bad comparison, Metalman! I'm sure you knew better than to try to pull that out as evidence in this thread. Spidey isn't possibly an analaogue to Deathstroke, and Wolverine isn't possible one to Cap. It just doesn't work that way when the factors in each fight are terribly different.

jinzin
yeah pretty much my senitments exactly.... that said.

there's also the factor of skills... in matters concerning spiderman, there's a vast skill difference between him and logan, and logan is far superior to spiderman in fighting ability... infact spiderman proves time and time again against street levels that skills can compensate for a lack of powers when the difference is great enough. spidey vs. cap being a prime example....

the difference between deathstroke and cap isn't that great at all. Not the lightyears of difference between spidey and wolverine. That's why the powers make up the difference in a fight 'tween stroke and cap (aside from the reasons already discussed). Another factor is CIS, spidey has serious CIS issues while DS doesn't care about who he kills in the process of a fight. That was just a terrible analogy/comparison metalman.

ExtraMision5555

thumb up, and the last part of the paragraph (enlarged) is the biggest reason he wins.

fsufan89
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Spiderman does not have the power to put down Wolverine. He's taken punches from Thing, Namor, Colossus, Hulk and so on and so on. And those guys hit harder than Spidey does.

It may take awhile but spiderman does have the power. He did knock out firelord which is an amzing feat. His speed is also far superior. He could probably dish out seven to ten punches for every one. His punches also do more damage then logans. The main thing Logan has to evn the odds is the healing factor but that is almost it.

batdude123
Originally posted by fsufan89
He did knock out firelord which is an amzing feat.

Around here, that's the quintessential definition of PIS.

Beta Ray Howard

no expression

Spidey's been whomping Top-tiers for ages.

Soljer
It may take awhile but spiderman does have the power. He did knock out firelord which is an amzing feat. His speed is also far superior. He could probably dish out seven to ten punches for every one. His punches also do more damage then logans. The main thing Logan has to evn the odds is the healing factor but that is almost it.

Far superior? erm.

I don't think so. Superior? Absolutely. But enough to justify an adjective like that? Not at all.

I mean, if you can prove me wrong, I'll be happy to be incorrect - I'm more of a Spiderman fan than a Wolverine one - but as far as I can tell, they are pretty nearly peers as far as speed goes. Not equals. But peers.

fsufan89

Maybe a little. But dont forget how the story happened. Firelord could have destoyed the whole cit bu there was no honor in that. Spidermn used plot devices and then Went all out at the end because he knew many lives depended on it

Soljer
Maybe a little. But dont forget how the story happened. Firelord could have destoyed the whole cit bu there was no honor in that. Spidermn used plot devices and then Went all out at the end because he knew many lives depended on it

Spiderman KOing a herald who travels the cosmos with class ten punches?

Even after a plot device or two.

Does that sound legit to you?

batdude123
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
no expression

Spidey's been whomping Top-tiers for ages.

That doesn't change the fact that Spider-man beating Firelord is PIS.

batdude123

Compared to what all Firelord has had to take, Spider-man's punches would be like tickling him with a feather.

carver9
Sorry to make people mad but wolverine is winning this fight, his fighting skills is no comparable, except the captain and spiderman strength aint doing nothing but making wolverine madder and madder. Spiderman loses everytime by a berserker rage wolverine. Just to unstoppable for spiderman to handle.

Soljer
Originally posted by carver9
Sorry to make people mad but wolverine is winning this fight, his fighting skills is no comparable, except the captain and spiderman strength aint doing nothing but making wolverine madder and madder. Spiderman loses everytime by a berserker rage wolverine. Just to unstoppable for spiderman to handle.

You aren't making anyone mad. The majority are, quite peacefully, saying that Wolverine wins. Don't flatter yourself.

carver9
You aren't making anyone mad. The majority are, quite peacefully, saying that Wolverine wins. Don't flatter yourself.

lol, ok i wont flatter myself but people underestimate wolverine alot and they give spiderman quicksilver speed. I'll spiderman his props he is faster than wolverine but trust me its not far at all and the agility dept isnt that far either. Wolverine fighting ability and his experience will topple spiderman everytime. I give wolverine the edge over spiderman on the streets of new york and also in the ring, thats just my opinion. During marvel knights #13 when he felt bad for stabbing spiderman, he sat down and let an enraged spiderman well on him saying, spiderman you can stop at any time, it is starting to hurt, treating peter like a step child. His punches didnt do nothing at all to wolverine, wolverine could have gotten back up and stabbed spiderman again but spiderman ended up passing out due to blood lose and wolverine ended up getting cursed out by cap.

Wolverine wins this.

Soljer
Errrmm...

That's pretty much along the lines of what everyone has been saying thus far.

Except more coherently and with...you know, proper punctuation and the use of paragraphs.

carver9
Errrmm...

That's pretty much along the lines of what everyone has been saying thus far.

Except more coherently and with...you know, proper punctuation and the use of paragraphs.

When i start typing I try to type everything that i can before I forget thats why i forget to put punctuations in my paragraphs but i'll be back on this site again tomorrow to see what arguments people put in the super flash speed spiderman favor. have a good one soljer and dont let these nuts change your mind about who would win, I seen what that dude did by putting up a post that you wrote about slade and cap. Stick to your decision.

Wolverine wins.

Metalmanx
Then, by all means, prove me wrong. I'd be more than happy to be incorrect here. I just haven't seen many feats from Spiderman that puts him LEAGUES over the Street-levellers like Captain America. Much less Wolverine, who's speed is enhanced a bit beyond peak human.

I still think it was a good comparison, but I will definitely do my best to try and prove you wrong. You know I respect you, Soljer, more than most on here. I'm enjoying this. smile

Can you provide any evidence to show that Wolverine is anywhere near this fast (aside from those two scans capt always posts)? Because I have read a lot of Wolverine and X-Men, and have never seen anything to prove he is close to Spider-Man in speed.

http://img490.imageshack.us/my.php?image=22915is.gif

http://img490.imageshack.us/my.php?image=28016vj.gif

http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=28112qy.gif

http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29817cz.gif

http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=33655wg.gif

http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36819bd.gif
http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36829kv.gif
http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36838lj.gif
http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36843rf.gif
http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36850nt.gif

http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=42519cf.gif
http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=42526ha.gif

http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=43817rq.gif

http://img325.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12922ln.jpg

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6386/1534uv.jpg

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8611/1583ao.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/da_herbman/Spider%20SpeednAgility/SpiderSpeed2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/da_herbman/Spider%20SpeednAgility/SpiderSpeed3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/da_herbman/Spider%20SpeednAgility/SpiderSpeed4.jpg

http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spidermandodgingelectro6oj.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spidermandodgingelectro22rd.jpg

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6506479

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6587899

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6823461

http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dodge2rz5.jpg

So now, Soljer, let's see if you can prove me wrong, eh? wink

Tha C-Master
I told myself that I wasn't going to get sucked into this, but saying "Wolverine has comparable feats to Spiderman in speed" You could also say that characters like Nightwing have comparable feats to Wovlerine in speed. Obviously Nightwing isn't faster than Wolverine nor Spiderman. So the C>=B>=A argument is null, and is *exactly* why I hate feat wars.

It's simple, Spiderman is Superhumanly fast, Wolverine is enhanced fast. We've had this discussion at our other forum.

As for the match, with webbing, Spiderman wins. Without it, well it would be a long match, but this isn't a grappling match, would incapacitation not count? I want to give it a break even or the majority to Logan, but there are so many unpredictable things that can happen. Spiderman could just sit on the wall and rest or stalemate. This match is a break from the norm though.

Soljer
Alright. I'll do my best. However, I'm no Wolverine fan. I don't have any scans of him on my computer, and most of the Wolverine respect thread is people arguing with haters. I'll see what I can scrounge up, but in the mean time, lemme point out a few things -

http://img490.imageshack.us/my.php?image=22915is.gif
http://img325.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12922ln.jpg

1) Afterimages. Meaningless. Daredevil's left them, Superman's left them. No one is about to put Daredevil, Spiderman, and Superman all on the same speed level.

http://img490.imageshack.us/my.php?image=28016vj.gif

2) Speedsters - meaningless. Wolverine's tagged Northstar and Speed Demon, if I recall correctly. Captain America's tagged Quicksilver and the like. They use pretty much the EXACT same technique Spiderman used. Clever? Yes. Speed feat? Not really.

1. http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=28112qy.gif
1a. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6823461
1b. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6587899

2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/da_herbman/Spider%20SpeednAgility/SpiderSpeed3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/da_herbman/Spider%20SpeednAgility/SpiderSpeed4.jpg

3. http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dodge2rz5.jpg

3) Non-speed feats. Feats like these are impressive, but don't really showcase Spider-man's speed. In the first example, he dodges Rhino with his spider sense. Punches him. Jump-Dodges with his spider sense, punches him. Dodges again to the front. Punches him. The text even says "Guided by his spider sense." Would you be able to argue that Spiderman could do the exact same with Wolverine? Sure. If you wanted to. But that would be a 'Can Logan tag someone with Spider-sense?' debate, not a speed debate. The 1a and 1b are extra examples of, seemingly, the very same thing.

Also, in a feat war between these two, we have to remember that Spidey ALWAYS has his spider sense active (Except against Symbiotes/Green Goblin Gas/ Plot Devices or when those !@#$ing writers forget it), while Logan or anyone we are pitting him against do not have such an advantage. Any speed feat they pull of must be PURE speed. Not a combination of pre cog and speed.

2. A little hard to read, but I managed. Seems like this is more of a 'travel' speed feat, or a strength one. His legs were strong enough to propel him faster than the thrown object. This is the whole "Silver Surfer vs. Flash" debate. Travel speed vs. Combat speed. I don't doubt that Spiderman's class 15-20 strength could EASILY propel him through the air or across the ground faster than Wolverine or Captain America. Same way the Hulk's class 100 legs let him run at like three hundred miles per hour and jump miles through the air. This one may or may not sound like a cop-out, but do you get my meaning? This may be a reflex feat, but his opponent lifted the car into the air, and still had time to utter a sentence before he threw it. I'd say that Spiderman knew exactly what was to come. Jumping in front of the car is all leg-strength.

3. Pete says it himself, "Do I not have a spider-sense in your dimension?"
1. http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29817cz.gif

2. http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=33655wg.gif

3. http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36819bd.gif
http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36829kv.gif
http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36838lj.gif
http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36843rf.gif
http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36850nt.gif

4. http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=42519cf.gif
http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=42526ha.gif

http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?...gelectro6oj.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?...electro22rd.jpg

5. http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=43817rq.gif

6. http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6386/1534uv.jpg

7. http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8611/1583ao.jpg

8. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/da_herbman/Spider%20SpeednAgility/SpiderSpeed2.jpg

9. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6506479

4) Actual, disputable speed feats. This section isn't for me to explain away, this is the section of feats I'm actually going to have to match. Most of my replies in this section will be quite disputable, and unsubstantiated. Don't take them at face value.
1. I don't have scans, as I said, I'm no Wolverine fan. However, I believe that Wolverine has outspeeded the Danger Room's targetting systems quite a few times. I could be wrong.
2. Captain America's done the same. In zero-gravity. This, I DO have scans of if you really wish to see - I'm a Cap fan, big grin.
3. I don't really have a reply for this - I couldn't see Wolverine pulling it off. Not the same way, anyways, since that used a LOT of agility, and a bit of webslinging. I'm not sure what I can think of that matches it tic for tac, as it's also a bit of a LONG speed feat. However, what I said before about spider sense and after images still applies here.
4. Dodging Electro's blasts like that is pretty damned impressive. However, I'd think that dodging barrages from Cyclops' optic blasts is equally so. erm
5. Something I can't really match. I don't think I've ever seen someone like Daredevil just been totally outclassed by Logan in speed. I'll see what I can dig up, but for now, you've got me here. Let me say this, though, though that showing is almost absolute, there ARE showings of Daredevil managing to keep up with Spiderman. At least a couple.
6. Nice indeed, but this seems like a generic feat, to me. There are times when entire SQUADS of trained Soldiers couldn't get a bead on Captain America or Wolverine. I think I have the Cap scans - the example that Capt it up always pulls out for Wolverine will also have to suffice in this case.
7. Hmmm...This is another I'm not sure I can match. I know Captain America has beaten Doc Ock before, I'll have to go see how he survived the tentacles. More than likely the shield played a part in it. Also, though it is a bit of a cop out on my part, we have to take into account the Spider Sense again, not pure speed.
8. Ooohh.. Impressive. Multiple speed feats in one. It was a bit hard to read, but I did my best. As far as the first panel goes, I'm not sure what those are that Pete's dodging. Gimme a hand? As far as taking out a group of trained soldiers without them ever really even getting a visual? See number 6. Taking out Hawkeye like that in the bottom panel? (That IS hawkeye, isn't it?) I'll try to scrounge something up, wink.
9. I love this feat. You see, I'm also a Spiderman fan, and this feat is just...beautiful, to me. The bullet is a foot away from Spiderman, TOPS, before his spider sense kicks in. And he still has time to dodge it. However, Captain America dodging Winter Soldier's bullet at point blank range is comparable, in my opinion.

Alright, I bolded the ones that I couldn't really match or explain - I'll see what I can find on those. As far as the rest of it goes, I'll admit that you're at a disadvantage. I'm using a ton of street leveller's feats - if you notice, I brought up Captain America a time or two - because I'm not just trying to prove that Logan and Spiderman aren't THAT far apart, but also that Spiderman's speed isn't COMPLETELY out of the league of guys like Captain America.

Another advantage I'm at is that I'm not trying to prove that anyone's FASTER than Spidey, or even AS fast, just that they are close enough that he won't be able to totally blindside him with his speed. I think I've done an alright job of that thus far. I suppose we'll see how you respond. big grin

I'm also having a bit of fun with this, Metalman, and I thank you. I haven't really tried going tic for tac with someone in a while.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I told myself that I wasn't going to get sucked into this, but saying "Wolverine has comparable feats to Spiderman in speed" You could also say that characters like Nightwing have comparable feats to Wovlerine in speed. Obviously Nightwing isn't faster than Wolverine nor Spiderman. So the C>=B>=A argument is null, and is *exactly* why I hate feat wars.

It's simple, Spiderman is Superhumanly fast, Wolverine is enhanced fast. We've had this discussion at our other forum.

As for the match, with webbing, Spiderman wins. Without it, well it would be a long match, but this isn't a grappling match, would incapacitation not count? I want to give it a break even or the majority to Logan, but there are so many unpredictable things that can happen. Spiderman could just sit on the wall and rest or stalemate. This match is a break from the norm though. is IS a WWE match, not boxing so Spidey can do grabs

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>