Despero vs. Superman by the sun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kutulu
Ok for the purposes of this fight, they fight inside of a bubble that is impervious to harm which hovers close to the sun, let's say half the distance of Mercury from the sun (in other words, pretty damn close).

This amps up Superman's powers to the same point that they were amped to when he fought Darkseid and won. In other words Superman is supercharged the entire battle, beefing up his abilities, to the exact level they were when he fought Darkseid by the sun.

Under these conditions, who wins the fight of Superman versus Despero? Despero cannot use his psionic attacks for this fight.

Galvaclaw
Wasn't Superman actually in the sun when he fought Darkseid? That's what it looked like.

Superman should win at that level.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Wasn't Superman actually in the sun when he fought Darkseid? That's what it looked like.

Superman should win at that level.

From the scans that I saw, he was hovering by the sun, but not actually in it. It looked like they were probably a few thousand miles away from it actually, as you could still see some curvature of the sun's surface in the background.

Galan007
Originally posted by Galvaclaw

Superman should win at that level. No, they weren't actually in the Sun, but they were very close to it.

guy222
Originally posted by Kutulu
Ok for the purposes of this fight, they fight inside of a bubble that is impervious to harm which hovers close to the sun, let's say half the distance of Mercury from the sun (in other words, pretty damn close).

This amps up Superman's powers to the same point that they were amped to when he fought Darkseid and won. In other words Superman is supercharged the entire battle, beefing up his abilities, to the exact level they were when he fought Darkseid by the sun.

Under these conditions, who wins the fight of Superman versus Despero? Despero cannot use his psionic attacks for this fight.

superman

Scoobless
Originally posted by Kutulu
Despero cannot use his psionic attacks for this fight.

In this case, being near the sun is irrelevant, Superman would own him on Pluto.

olympian
If we are talking about Desespero`s last showing, he takes him.

There is no way he takes Desespero with the kind of showings like V&V, tho. Amped or not.

Scoobless
Despero is far from invulnerable ... with no TP, Superman would take him.

His Airness
Superman

dvampire
Originally posted by olympian
If we are talking about Desespero`s last showing, he takes him.

There is no way he takes Desespero with the kind of showings like V&V, tho. Amped or not.

That was a weaker version of Superman when fought Despero in V&V. Supes beating him currently just proves how strong he's gotten since they last encountered each other.

So Supes beats him either way IMO.

Soljer
Superman would take him without being near the sun. As evidenced by their latest showing.

Starhawk
Why would Supes need to be near the sun to take our Despero? Black Adam could take Despero.

Avalonofthewind
Amping Superman and limiting Despero?

Definitely not fair to Despero.

Supes wins.

Validus
Despero couldn't take Superman by a red sun.

llagrok
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Amping Superman and limiting Despero?

Definitely not fair to Despero.

Supes wins.

co-sign

leonidas
i was surprised so many said despero would be wwh so easily, though v&v was a great showing. anyhow, bumpity-bump-bump. smile

and maybe let's assume they are NOT near the sun. just straight up supes vs despero. prolly preboot since i don't think postboot has the tp resist feats....yet.

-Pr-
lol bump.

Estacado
Originally posted by leonidas
i was surprised so many said despero would be wwh so easily, though v&v was a great showing. anyhow, bumpity-bump-bump. smile

and maybe let's assume they are NOT near the sun. just straight up supes vs despero. prolly preboot since i don't think postboot has the tp resist feats....yet.
It's not like Wwh would fare any better in this fight.....ermm

abhilegend
Superman. He would beat anybody short of high tran going by his showings when he gets amped.

celeyhyga17
Kal-el

Rao Kal El
IMO, Unless Superman is irradiating Plasma or granting powers with his vision, he is not amped, he is just 100% sun charged

curryman
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
IMO, Unless Superman is irradiating Plasma or granting powers with his vision, he is not amped, he is just 100% sun charged

Yeah, and let's think about what that actually means.

According to the newer Superboy comics Kryptonians (under yellow-sun) have their consciousness more or less divided into every single cell in their body.

Consider also how Superman couldn't feel any real limitations, or sweat, until he had been away from the sun in 5-6 days and constantly exerting himself.

If Superman's having a fight near the sun then wouldn't he be nearly impossible to injure? Let alone tire!

leonidas
huh. that's interesting. but i was thinking that amped supes would win without doubt. i was more interested in how supes would fare on earth vs despero, straight up, in a ring-style fight.

curryman
huh. that's interesting. but i was thinking that amped supes would win without doubt. i was more interested in how supes would fare on earth vs despero, straight up, in a ring-style fight.

Apparently this thread was made pre-DCNU so I didn't even consider which version might be duking it out with Despero stick out tongue

I think Despero's offense is too strong. More often then not Telepathy gets a sort of auto-hit, at least that's what it feels like with Grodd/Flash, which helps Despero a lot. Makes it a lot easier for him to deal with Superman's seemingly superior speed. It also means that Superman can't just "range" him and try to end it with some relentless heat-visioning.

Ring style? I might actually give Despero worse odds here since he'd be out his TP. I believe that the TP-Blasts were a part of why did so well against them.

leonidas
Originally posted by curryman
Apparently this thread was made pre-DCNU so I didn't even consider which version might be duking it out with Despero stick out tongue

I think Despero's offense is too strong. More often then not Telepathy gets a sort of auto-hit, at least that's what it feels like with Grodd/Flash, which helps Despero a lot. Makes it a lot easier for him to deal with Superman's seemingly superior speed. It also means that Superman can't just "range" him and try to end it with some relentless heat-visioning.

Ring style? I might actually give Despero worse odds here since he'd be out his TP. I believe that the TP-Blasts were a part of why did so well against them.

ring style just means an unbreakable kmc dome. all powers still viable. supes has done quite well at times vs despero--hell he did better than most of the league combined--minus red tornado....

curryman
ring style just means an unbreakable kmc dome. all powers still viable. supes has done quite well at times vs despero--hell he did better than most of the league combined--minus red tornado....

It's a tough call still, but I might favour Despero.

Superman needs that cold rage to beat him I think.

Diesldude
Originally posted by curryman

According to the newer Superboy comics Kryptonians (under yellow-sun) have their consciousness more or less divided into every single cell in their body

Don't want to derail this thread, but did they explain the significance of this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.